PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Eight confirmed NFL Draft attendees. Four still considering...

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81724575&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Suh, McCoy among first eight prospects confirmed to attend draft

Sources have confirmed that the following players will be among those in New York when the 75th NFL draft begins Thursday, April 22 in primetime at 7:30 p.m. ET:

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

The NFL also has already extended and will extend invitations to other players as part of the celebration of the league's 75th draft. The list of players still mulling their options includes quarterbacks Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow.

Tebow, the most intriguing player in this draft, is still considering a trip to Manhattan, according to his agent, Jimmy Sexton. The league is allowing for greater flexibility than ever before, with players not bound to the green room at certain times and able to return to their hotels and have privacy. The league realizes some players are borderline picks from one round to another, so it will work with them to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.

The players will arrive in New York on Tuesday night of draft week and do charity and sponsor events, including clinics for children and a visit to a children's hospital, before Thursday.

The NFL expects to host more players than ever before on-site in New York on each of the first two days of the draft. The league will finalize its list of prospects who will be in attendance in the weeks ahead.

During draft weekend, the NFL also will unveil the top 10 most valuable draft picks of all-time, as selected by the fans -- voting is being conducted now on NFL.com. In addition, several members of the upcoming Hall of Fame class will be in attendance during draft festivities.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Odrick?

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
So we'll get to see Berrys reaction when the Chiefs don't pick him? Awesome.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Odrick?

It's the Tyson Jackson rule.

You never know who will take a 3-4 DE in the top 5.

Chiefnj2
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Joe Thomas was still the best. Go fishing with your dad for the day and let the media greet you at the dock in the afternoon. He should have worn a suit and tie on the boat though.

ModSocks
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM

This. Anyone else think that Flowers and Berry look alike?

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:17 PM
With the Number 5 selection of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Dan Williams, Defensive Tackle from Tennessee.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
With the Number 5 selection of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Dan Williams, Defensive Tackle from Tennessee.

I agree.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM

:nosmilie:

chiefs1111
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM

Damn it scott!:#

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM

Better trade down to make that pick.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Better trade down to make that pick.

If Pioli can't trade down, he'll still take Williams at number five.

Williams is "his" kind of guy.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
If Pioli can't trade down, he'll still take Williams at number five.

Williams is "his" kind of guy.

The 3rd best DT is better than the best play maker on defense. Gotta love that logic.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
The 3rd best DT is better than the best play maker on defense. Gotta love that logic.

Welcome to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Fuck. 7 out of those 8 are pork chops. The league better cater in some extra grub this year.

Titty Meat
I'm sure guys like MicJones will defend the pick and tell us how Dan Williams can be Reggie White since they went to the same school.

DeezNutz
Immediately after last year's draft, many of us said Cody would be our selection this year.

Williams fits the bill, pretty closely.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Hey man, just to be clear: This wouldn't be *my* selection at number five.

I'm just trying to think like Pioli.

Hopefully, I'll be far less disappointed on draft day if I go in expecting the Chiefs to avoid skill position players.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey man, just to be clear: This wouldn't be *my* selection at number five.

I'm just trying to think like Pioli.

Hopefully, I'll be far less disappointed on draft day if I go in expecting the Chiefs to avoid skill position players.

No doubt remember my mock draft where I picked like Pioli and everyone told me I didn't know what I was talking about?

Mecca
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM

And his teammate goes ahead of him...I bet even Williams would tell you Berry's better than him.

On top of that until this past year, Williams was an underachiever with a motivation problem, then Monte Kiffen got him to play.

The only thing that I could say why they might not take Williams is 3 top 5 DL picks is a ton of money for 1 spot.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
If Williams is the pick, our defensive line better be the tits, soon.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Soon? How about fucking right now?

They better come out in Week 1 and blow everyone up.

Bane
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM

I like what he just said on sports center.If you don't pick me,I'll pick you.ROFL

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Soon? How about ****ing right now?

They better come out in Week 1 and blow everyone up.

Trying to be somewhat fair, since DL don't usually kick ass in year 1.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM

If they choose Williams, it would appear to me that they're shooting for year four as the Chiefs breakthrough year.

Delano
03-25-2010, 02:37 PM

They may be, but there are no linebackers to make plays.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Trying to be somewhat fair, since DL don't usually kick ass in year 1.

If they draft a d-lineman in the top 5 again.....they don't get fair. It better be because he can come in and be our NToTF for the next 12-15 years.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I like what he just said on sports center.If you don't pick me,I'll pick you.ROFL

You know Randy Moss had that mentality coming into the league and was a beast. I wouldn't be surprised to see Berry have that kind of impact in the secondary.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
McShay and Kiper both have KC taking Eric Berry at 5. That tells me we're going Baluga for sure.

Bane
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
You know Randy Moss had that mentality coming into the league and was a beast. I wouldn't be surprised to see Berry have that kind of impact in the secondary.

No doubt.I think I can live with taking him at 5.Beats the dog shit out of Tyson Jackson at 3.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
McShay and Kiper both have KC taking Eric Berry at 5. That tells me we're going Baluga for sure.

I think that if the Chiefs were to take Baluga, he'd be on the list of invitees.

That list alone tells me that Baluga isn't the pick.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I think that if the Chiefs were to take Baluga, he'd be on the list of invitees.

That list alone tells me that Baluga isn't the pick.

Was Tyson Jackson invited?

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Was Tyson Jackson invited?

Is this a trick question?

:D

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Is this a trick question?

Was Tyson Jackson a reach? :D

BigCatDaddy
03-25-2010, 02:51 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I like the Williams pick. I think upgrading the NT would make the biggest improvement over upgrading any spot on the team outside of QB.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Was Tyson Jackson a reach? :D

No, he wasn't a reach.

Check out my reaction to his selection in last year's draft thread.

LMAO

Honestly, I can't remember if Jackson was there in NYC but I think I remember him putting on a Chiefs caps because of his dreads.

Oh. Wait...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Listen, when a guy of Tyson Jackson's skill set is still actually sitting there at the 3 spot, you have to snatch him up.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I like the Williams pick. I think upgrading the NT would make the biggest improvement over upgrading any spot on the team outside of QB.

There's no question that Williams would help. The question is whether he's the best use of resources (#5 overall pick).

The answer is no.

We have holes everywhere, so taking BPA would make a great deal of sense.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Colt McCoy should go. It'll be his career highlight.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Colt McCoy should go. It'll be his career highlight.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar3815_212.gif

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar3815_212.gif

That'll be Colt's expression if he's picked in the first round.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
That'll be Colt's expression if he's picked in the first round.

LMAO That's exactly what I was thinking. Kind of looks like him too. The annoying McCoy.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
There are a shit ton of interesting story lines for this draft class.

Going to be a fun 144 hours.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
No, he wasn't a reach.

Check out my reaction to his selection in last year's draft thread.

LMAO

Honestly, I can't remember if Jackson was there in NYC but I think I remember him putting on a Chiefs caps because of his dreads.

Oh. Wait...

I'm looking back through that thread after the pick was made. Some of them are great. LMAO

Oh shit. Eat a fat dick.

God damn, that's a pathetic pick.

And now we have nothing to do for 24 hours.

Jackson is going to be a BEAST

One more time, Pioli:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lbcbap.jpg

:cuss:

Un-der-whel-ming! *clap-clap-clapclapclap*

ggggggggggggffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You guys are kinda dumb. jmo.

CanadaKC
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Considering our draft history the past 15 years...it's no wonder we're among the most freaked-out muthaf*cking fans when draft day approaches. Just once.....ONCE....I'd like to see us take the BPA....

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Considering our draft history the past 15 years...it's no wonder we're among the most freaked-out muthaf*cking fans when draft day approaches. Just once.....ONCE....I'd like to see us take the BPA....

Dorsey

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:07 PM

Larry Johnson

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Larry Johnson

Technically that should have been Polamalu.

CanadaKC
03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
ok..I'll give you Dorsey...but trading our pick with Pittsburgh so they can draft Polamalu and us taking LJ...well...doesn't wash.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Link to last years draft thread please?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Dorsey

Fuck yeah. I STILL love that pick. I don't give a fuck.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Technically that should have been Polamalu.

I agree, but at least they didn't take Tyler Brayton at the behest of Vermeil

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
The thing is, last year if they had done something good, like taking Harvin, people would have been bitching to no end.

Of course you can argue that Harvin would have sucked in KC, so the horsemen probably still would have been riding high this offseason.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
As long as the pick is a sensible one, I don't care who it is.

Pioli just needs to be right.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
The thing is, last year if they had done something good, like taking Harvin, people would have been bitching to no end.

Of course you can argue that Harvin would have sucked in KC, so the horsemen probably still would have been riding high this offseason.

I probably would have been a little upset with Oher, Harvin, Cushing or even Crabtree last year, but their play on the field would have proved me wrong.

TyJack? :shake:

This year, I'm expecting Pioli to build this team from the inside out, despite my objections (like he cares). So when Dan Williams and Ducasse and guys like that are chosen, I'll be prepared for it this time.

And hope he chooses a few playmakers in 2011.

OnTheWarpath15
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Bullshit.

Both Dane and I have said that had they took someone like Harvin, Maclin, Oher, Cushing, etc that we would have been screaming reach on draft day, but would have ended up praising Pioli for the pick after the season.

Instead, Pioli reached, and STILL didn't get an impact player.

OnTheWarpath15
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Like I was saying.

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
ok..I'll give you Dorsey...but trading our pick with Pittsburgh so they can draft Polamalu and us taking LJ...well...doesn't wash.

This place was one big giant blob of jizz with the Derrick Johnson pick.

Mecca
If you're going to reach to show how smart you are the player has to hit, Pioli reached and missed.

If he reached and hit we'd talk about how he was right and we weren't...he reached and was wrong.

RedThat
Even if they took Dan Williams would that generally be considered a "bad" pick?

OnTheWarpath15
03-25-2010, 03:22 PM

IMO, yes, because in our scheme, all you need is a fat-ass to stand ground and gobble up blockers.

In this draft, there are guys you can get in the late rounds to do just that.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Bad? No, especially if he turns into a solid if not spectacular player.

But from a draft-value perspective, he'd be a reach at #5 overall, especially when there are players that perform the same fuction much later in the draft.

Not that Pioli cares about such things, apparently.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 03:23 PM
This place was one big giant blob of jizz with the Derrick Johnson pick.

I danced around my house when DJ fell to us.

-King-
03-25-2010, 03:27 PM
We should have been USC homers like Mecca last year and took Matthews, Cushing, and Maualuga.

-King-
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
IMO, yes, because in our scheme, all you need is a fat-ass to stand ground and gobble up blockers.

In this draft, there are guys you can get in the late rounds to do just that.

What do you think of Shaun Smith? Think he can do that or do we need to pick an NT this draft anyway?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
What do you think of Shaun Smith? Think he can do that or do we need to pick an NT this draft anyway?

We need another one. I think Smith will provide depth at best.

OnTheWarpath15
03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

If he can stay out of trouble, he'll do the job, but won't be spectacular by any means.

There are 5 or 6 NT prospects in this draft that I like. Hopefully we get one of them.

But I won't be upset if we don't, we have too many needs to fill them all through the draft this year.

Archie Bunker
03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

I can't argue with need or the positional value that will probably make him the pick, I just hate using three straight Top 5 picks on the DL with two of them being reaches.

Bottom line for me is while I won't be outside turning cartwheels in the yard if Williams is the pick, I will walk away pretty content with the biggest need on D filled and 3 more top 70 picks to go.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
We need another one. I think Smith will provide depth at best.

I'll be shocked if this knucklehead even is on the team opening day.

Even then, I'd suspect at some point, he'd lose it, just like in Cleveland.

OnTheWarpath15
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM

That's my guess as well. Hope I'm wrong.

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Same here, even though I was kind of skeptical about bypassing Rogers. Many had him as the overall #1 at the time. Then when he slipped so far, I was thinking they just may snatch him up, and piss everyone at the Planet off.

I get my college player information here, so I was excited as well, just like I will be if they pick Berry, Clausen or McClain this year.

Archie Bunker
03-25-2010, 03:32 PM

My friends still give me shit about me jumping around yelling when Dorsey was the pick. Good times

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I get my college player information here, so I was excited as well, just like I will be if they pick Berry, Clausen or McClain this year.

Better add Dan Williams to that list, just so you won't be disappointed.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Bad? No, especially if he turns into a solid if not spectacular player.

But from a draft-value perspective, he'd be a reach at #5 overall, especially when there are players that perform the same fuction much later in the draft.

Not that Pioli cares about such things, apparently.

But the question is, could the guys in the mid to later rounds play the NT position effectively? It'd be great to score a NT with a mid to late pick, but the fact is, it's risky and a bit of a long shot.

The NT position still remains in question imo.

Shaun Smith could serve as a role player, possibly a good depth move? But as a starter, Im not so sure. He'd be another risk if the chiefs placed all their hope in him to play the position.

*I don't think the Chiefs will ever field a good defense until the NT position is addressed. We need a good one there, it'll open things up.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
We should have been USC homers like Mecca last year and took Matthews, Cushing, and Maualuga.

Matthews and Maualuga would have helped this defense a shit ton.

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Better add Dan Williams to that list, just so you won't be disappointed.

If they draft another DL at 5, I am not only going to be disappointed, I will be pissed.
Can you tell me if another team has ever had 3 consecutive picks in the top 5, without taking a QB?

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Bottom line for me is while I won't be outside turning cartwheels in the yard if Williams is the pick, I will walk away pretty content with the biggest need on D filled and 3 more top 70 picks to go.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way.

It won't be the end of the world like an OT would be. No comparison, IMO.

L.A. Chieffan
Why would Berry be there?

Nobody drafts safetys in the first round anymore...

Mr. Flopnuts

That's my guess as well. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm totally with you. Our best case scenario IMO is depth. I don't see him starting and anchoring the line for this team. He's more likely to beat the shit out of our QB.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:41 PM
If they draft another DL at 5, I am not only going to be disappointed, I will be pissed.
Can you tell me if another team has ever had 3 consecutive picks in the top 5, without taking a QB?

I can't answer your question off the top of my head with certainty, but I'd venture to guess that the answer is none.

But I've come to the realization that whether I like it or not, Pioli is going to build this team his way, which means from the inside out.

With that said, I'm expecting Williams to be the first pick and a player like Ducasse at 2a.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah I kinda feel the same way.

It won't be the end of the world like an OT would be. No comparison, IMO.

Disagree. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they chose either or imo?

If they take an OT at 5, it increases their chances and potential of addressing the RT position by giving them a bonafide starter. It also creates more options along the Oline.

If they take Dan Williams at 5, they may find themselves a pretty good NT, addressing a REALLY important position that can open things up on the defense and make the rest of the players on D better.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, both type of picks would improve the team significantly.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Disagree. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they chose either or imo?

If they take an OT at 5, it increases their chances and potential of addressing the RT position by giving them a bonafide starter. It also creates more options along the Oline.

If they take Dan Williams at 5, they may find themselves a pretty good NT, addressing a REALLY important position that can open things up on the defense and make the rest of the players on D better.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, both type of picks would improve the team significantly.

Taking a nose tackle at #5 overall is NOTHING like taking a RIGHT TACKLE at number 5 overall.

Please tell us the number of right tackles taken in the Top Five in the entire history of the NFL.

It would be abolutely TERRIBLE value, 100x worse than TyJack.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Here's the deal:

If we need to use a #5 overall pick to get a high-quality RT, we have the dumbest ****ing GM in the league, and he should be fired immediately.

If we take an OT at #5, that mother****er needs to start at LT in week #1. No questions asked. And he needs to be nails. Albert to LG, and we better have one of the best OL in the league. No excuses (though I'm sure many will be provided).

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Could you guys stop using so much profanity? Gawsh.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Could you guys stop using so much profanity? Gawsh.

Fuck yourself you fucking fuck.

Archie Bunker
03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Taking a nose tackle at #5 overall is NOTHING like taking a RIGHT TACKLE at number 5 overall.

Please tell us the number of right tackles taken in the Top Five in the entire history of the NFL.

Here's the deal:

If we need to use a #5 overall pick to get a high-quality RT, we have the dumbest ****ing GM in the league, and he should be fired immediately.

If we take an OT at #5, that mother****er needs to start at LT in week #1. No questions asked. And he needs to be nails. Albert to LG, and we better have one of the best OL in the league. No excuses (though I'm sure many will be provided).

Well put, couldn't agree more.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM

I honestly don't know if I agree with this. In your scenario, you have the Chiefs taking a NT (Williams) at 5 and a RT (Ducasse) at the top of the second.

If we are taking those two positions in the first two picks, I think I would prefer to go Okung/Bulaga in the first and then Cody in the second.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Here's the deal:

Fuckin' A.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Has anyone ever purposely drafted a RT in the top 5? Don't give me AZ as an example. That was a **** up. Same with Oakland.

Intentionally taking a RT at #5 might be the single most mind-numbing draft decision in NFL history.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Fuck yourself you fucking fuck.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j1a5o0.gif

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I can't answer your question off the top of my head with certainty, but I'd venture to guess that the answer is none.

But I've come to the realization that whether I like it or not, Pioli is going to build this team his way, which means from the inside out.

With that said, I'm expecting Williams to be the first pick and a player like Ducasse at 2a.
That would really suck balls. But I understand your thinking, in fact, about a month ago I was convinced Cody would be the 1st choice.
Then, if he surprises us and takes the best player, we can be pleasantly surprised.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I honestly don't know if I agree with this. In your scenario, you have the Chiefs taking a NT (Williams) at 5 and a RT (Ducasse) at the top of the second.

If we are taking those two positions in the first two picks, I think I would prefer to go Okung/Bulaga in the first and then Cody in the second.

There's no guarantee that Cody would be there in the second. Pioli and Haley have repeatedly stated that Albert is the left tackle.

I think even Pioli would have a hard time taking a right tackle at #5, so I think Williams is his pick.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2j1a5o0.gif

LMAO

RedThat
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM

That shouldn't be a concern. You have to look at it from team perspective.

If the pick can improve your team, you have to consider it. I know many would not like that pick at #5, but what if he turns out to be a good player?

There may not have been many RT's selected at #5, but also, the Chiefs past history tells us, they've had major issues addressing the position. I've seen it time and time again where they've drafted OL in mid to late rounds and they ended up trying them out at RT, and they failed miserably.

It's been a tough position for them to address, mind you, Im simply referring to the Chiefs past history. It may be easy for other teams but not so much for the Chiefs. They've made to many gambles and risks relying on guys in mid to late rounds, and picking up guys when they're done (ala Kyle Turley).

It wouldn't bother me if this time around they actually went for better quality by selecting a lineman with their first pick.

*Tackles don't grow on trees or are easy to address like some here think?

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
That orange is fucking awesome.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 04:00 PM
If the pick can improve your team, you have to consider it.

Eric Berry - Improvement
Jimmy Clausen - Improvement
Dan Williams - Improvement

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 04:01 PM
That shouldn't be a concern. You have to look at it from team perspective.

If the pick can improve your team, you have to consider it. I know many would not like that pick at #5, but what if he turns out to be a good player?

There may not have been many RT's selected at #5, but also, the Chiefs past history tells us, they've had major issues addressing the position. I've seen it time and time again where they've drafted OL in mid to late rounds and they ended up trying them out at RT, and they failed miserably.

It's been a tough position for them to address, mind you, Im simply referring to the Chiefs past history. It may be easy for other teams but not so much for the Chiefs. They've made to many gambles and risks relying on guys in mid to late rounds, and picking up guys when they're done (ala Kyle Turley).

It wouldn't bother me if this time around they actually went for better quality by selecting a lineman with their first pick.

*Tackles don't grow on trees or are easy to address like some here think?

Your supposition is just plain dumb.

The Chiefs need a right tackle and they need an NT. Williams, even as a reach at #5 overall, provides far more value than a right tackle ever could at #5 overall.

And while I think that Pioli probably overvalues offensive line, I just cannot see him taking a right tackle at #5. He'd be considered a laughing stock.

Chiefaholic
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
If I said some of you think of everything as a glass half empty, I'de be paying you a compliment. The negative Nancies need to head to the store and pick up a case of Midol for the menstral cramping you obviously feel.

Hammock Parties
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
If we take a right tackle the glass is 100% empty.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 04:08 PM

The Chiefs need a right tackle and they need an NT. Williams, even as a reach at #5 overall, provides far more value than a right tackle ever could at #5 overall.

And while I think that Pioli probably overvalues offensive line, I just cannot see him taking a right tackle at #5. He'd be considered a laughing stock.

I just don't get you Dane.

You say the Chiefs need a RT and a NT, but then you complain if they take a NT, that be a reach. But yet you feel confident Pioli would do such a thing.

And DUDE I remember you specifically saying in your previous posts that you expected Pioli to take an offensive lineman at #5!

Where is your satisfaction?

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
think of the contract, it would make him getting paid higher than anyone else on the line. If you are going to shell out that money, it should be for someone who might already command that amount of money based on the skill at his position.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I just don't get you Dane.

You say the Chiefs need a RT and a NT, but then you complain if they take a NT, that be a reach. But yet you feel confident Pioli would do such a thing.

I'm not "complaining", I'm stating exactly what I expect Pioli to do this draft.

Williams is a Top Ten pick, no doubt. While I think he'd be a reach at #5, he fills a specific need for this defense, a defense that just hired Romeo Crennel, a defensive line coach. I'd rather see the Chiefs trade down a few spots, then grab Williams, but I think they'll take him regardless.

Needing a right tackle and taking one at #5 overall are mutually exclusive. I don't think a right tackle has ever been specifically taken in the top five, let alone top ten. Guys may have not panned out at left then moved to right, but not a right tackle out of the gate.

What about this can't you understand?

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM

ROFL NO shit

:#:#:#:#:#

RedThat
03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm not "complaining", I'm stating exactly what I expect Pioli to do this draft.

Williams is a Top Ten pick, no doubt. While I think he'd be a reach at #5, he fills a specific need for this defense, a defense that just hired Romeo Crennel, a defensive line coach. I'd rather see the Chiefs trade down a few spots, then grab Williams, but I think they'll take him regardless.

Needing a right tackle and taking one at #5 overall are mutually exclusive. I don't think a right tackle has ever been specifically taken in the top five, let alone top ten. Guys may have not panned out at left then moved to right, but not a right tackle out of the gate.

What about this can't you understand?

The way I look at it, most of the guys who are tackles, in fact all who declare for the draft that are projected to be drafted in the top ten go as LT's for one reason, MONEY. That's why. But it doesn't guarantee that they can play the position, some are probably better suited to play RT in the NFL?

That's why you don't see this whole RT thing come out in the top ten. The position is terribly overlooked.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
The way I look at it, most of the guys who are tackles, in fact all who declare for the draft that are projected to be drafted in the top ten go as LT's for one reason, MONEY. That's why. But it doesn't guarantee that they can play the position, some are probably better suited to play RT in the NFL?

That's why you don't see this whole RT thing come out in the top ten. The position is terribly overlooked.

LOL wut?

Right tackle isn't a position worthy of a top ten pick or a $50 million dollar contract.

Right tackles can be found anywhere between the second and fifth round. There's absolutely NO reason to take a right tackle in the Top Ten.

Do you know anything about the draft, its history and the NFL?

BryanBusby
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM

Someone actually gets it.

Everyone read and remember this.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
LOL wut?

Right tackle isn't a position worthy of a top ten pick or a $50 million dollar contract.

Right tackles can be found anywhere between the second and fifth round. There's absolutely NO reason to take a right tackle in the Top Ten.

Do you know anything about the draft, its history and the NFL?

It's specifically not valued to be that way imo. The position is really neglected and not focused on as much due to the value and importance of other positions. I think the position is overlooked and underrated. Again, players will always declare as LT's because it pays out the $$$.

You never see a RT taken in the draft with a high contract. EVER. because LT position is valued so much and quite a bit since it's basically protecting the QB's blindside. Teams value that more, players value the $$$ thus declaring as LT's. put those two together and there you have it? No RT's will be taken in the top ten, and given $50 million dollar contracts.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 04:49 PM
So what you're saying is that every OT in the draft declares as a LT? Really? I'm pretty sure they all declare as Offensive Tackles and then scouts determine whether or not they can play the LT position.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
So what you're saying is that every OT in the draft declares as a LT? Really? I'm pretty sure they all declare as Offensive Tackles and then scouts determine whether or not they can play the LT position.

In the top ten yeah. Have you ever seen an offensive lineman drafted in the top ten declare as a RT?

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
In the top ten yeah. Have you ever seen an offensive lineman drafted in the top ten declare as a RT?

:facepalm:

LMAO

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM

That's what I'm saying. They declare as OTs....not LT or RT. The Scouts and Commentators mention whether they can play LT or RT.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:ol

Do you see LT or RT by any of those player's names?

L.A. Chieffan
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Its all semantics and labels anyways

RedThat
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
That's what I'm saying. They declare as OTs....not LT or RT. The Scouts and Commentators mention whether they can play LT or RT.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:ol

Do you see LT or RT by any of those player's names?

No. But, the guys drafted in the top ten, when they get drafted, 99.9% of the time they're getting paid LT money. What does that say?

In the NFL, they're going to suit up as LT's. That's the plan, and bottomline. Money dictates a lot unfortunately.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
No. But, the guys drafted in the top ten, when they get drafted, 99.9% of the time they're getting paid LT money. What does that say?

In the NFL, they're going to suit up as LT's. That's the plan, and bottomline.

You're not fucking understanding me.

They're drafted that high because it's widely known that they can play the LT position and they're good at it. Not because they come out and say "Hey...I'm a LT and I should get paid as such.".

If what you're saying is true....then why would any OT in their right mind come out and label themselves as a RT?

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 04:59 PM

In the NFL, they're going to suit up as LT's. That's the plan, and bottomline. Money dictates a lot unfortunately.

What?

What team is going to draft a four-year starting right tackle to play the left side for a right handed QB in the Top Ten?

Again, your supposition makes absolutely no sense.

Either a guy has been a left tackle and played at a high level on a good program, or he's a prospective player on at a different position altogether.

No team is going to pay $50 million for a guard, center or right tackle and draft him in the Top Ten.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 05:02 PM

The reason that is, would be because no one EVER drafts someone as a RT in the top ten. Linemen don't declare as anything but linemen. When a team drafts a player, they decide where he's going to play. An example is Isiah Stanback out of Washington. He was a QB drafted in the 5th round by the Cowboys to play WR. The team decides what you'll do for them.

The whole point is that nobody ever, EVER takes someone in the top ten to play RT. Even if you think it's undervalued, it's not that undervalued. I promise.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
You're not ****ing understanding me.

They're drafted that high because it's widely known that they can play the LT position and they're good at it. Not because they come out and say "Hey...I'm a LT and I should get paid as such.".

If what you're saying is true....then why would any OT in their right mind come out and label themselves as a RT?

In college they played LT, but that doesn't me they could do it in the pros.

you said scouts determine whether or not they can play LT or RT? I agree with that.

No OT is going to come out and say Im a "RT". None obviously. But then realistically is a guy supposed to come out and say, "hey Im a RT pay me to be like one." that wouldn't make any sense?

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 05:11 PM
You just contradicted yourself.

you said scouts determine whether or not they can play LT or RT? May as well cancel out "it's widely known thingy that they can play the position."

No OT is going to come out and say Im a "RT". None obviously. But then realistically is a guy supposed to come out and say, "hey Im a RT pay me to be like one." that wouldn't make any sense?

:facepalm:

JFC dude. A scout will take 5 minutes to determine whether or not a guy can play LT....if he's played LT at a high level in college.

RedThat
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
What?

What team is going to draft a four-year starting right tackle to play the left side for a right handed QB in the Top Ten?

Again, your supposition makes absolutely no sense.

Either a guy has been a left tackle and played at a high level on a good program, or he's a prospective player on at a different position altogether.

No team is going to pay $50 million for a guard, center or right tackle and draft him in the Top Ten.

None obviously.

Mecca
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Redthat is killing my brain with his thoughts.

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
The movie/book "The Blind Side" was about a LT who now plays a RT

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 05:21 PM

Actually, he plays left tackle and he owns the position.

Jared Gaither is trade bait.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Was he a top 10 pick?

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Baltimore Ravens
On April 26, 2009, he was assigned the #74 jersey,[18] which was his jersey number at Ole Miss. On July 30, 2009 he signed a 5-year, $13.8 million contract with the Baltimore Ravens. He started the 2009 season at right tackle, but was moved to left tackle after an injury to line-mate Jared Gaither. In week eight, he returned to right tackle. He currently has a listed height of 6'4" and a listed weight of 309 pounds. His 40 yard dash time is 5.32 seconds.[19]

Oher started every game in 2009, 11 at right tackle and 5 at left tackle. He played right tackle in his first postseason game, January 10, 2010, against the New England Patriots, and did not allow a single sack as the Ravens won, 33-14.

Michael Oher came in second in the voting for AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award with 6 votes.

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
23rd pick in the first round

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Baltimore Ravens
On April 26, 2009, he was assigned the #74 jersey,[18] which was his jersey number at Ole Miss. On July 30, 2009 he signed a 5-year, $13.8 million contract with the Baltimore Ravens. He started the 2009 season at right tackle, but was moved to left tackle after an injury to line-mate Jared Gaither. In week eight, he returned to right tackle. He currently has a listed height of 6'4" and a listed weight of 309 pounds. His 40 yard dash time is 5.32 seconds.[19]

Oher started every game in 2009, 11 at right tackle and 5 at left tackle. He played right tackle in his first postseason game, January 10, 2010, against the New England Patriots, and did not allow a single sack as the Ravens won, 33-14.

Michael Oher came in second in the voting for AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award with 6 votes.

And now, he's entrenched at left tackle, as the Raven have put Jared Gaither, their starting left tackle at the beginning of 2009, on the trading block.

The job belongs to Oher.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 05:33 PM
23rd pick in the first round

The conversation was Top 10 picks....not 1st round picks.

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
And now, he's entrenched at left tackle, as the Raven have put Jared Gaither, their starting left tackle at the beginning of 2009, on the trading block.

The job belongs to Oher.

I bet he ends up being a very good LT. Would have loved to have Chiefs drafted him but, no one said being a chiefs fan is easy.

ForeverChiefs58
03-25-2010, 05:42 PM
The conversation was Top 10 picks....not 1st round picks.

I was refering to LT's being drafted and moved to RT. The point was sometimes they don't have a choice where they play.
look at Brian Waters who was a TE and DE in college, undrafted then plugged in at guard

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I was refering to LT's being drafted and moved to RT. The point was sometimes they don't have a choice where they play.
look at Brian Waters who was a TE and DE in college, undrafted then plugged in at guard

Actually, he was a center first, then a guard

CanadaKC
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Great...I just read Bulaga has a thyroid (ah-hem steriod?) problem...the last time I heard those words uttered in the same breath as a stud offensive tackle..his name was Tony Manderich....:facepalm:

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Redthat is killing my brain with his thoughts.

Quality entertainment

BossChief
03-25-2010, 06:01 PM
If you're going to reach to show how smart you are the player has to hit, Pioli reached and missed.

If he reached and hit we'd talk about how he was right and we weren't...he reached and was wrong.

Im not going to say it was a good pick, it wasnt, but to say that he "missed" is premature.

Defensive linemen take a couple years to start looking like the player the team drafted. Especially 5-tecs.

Tyson will develop into a very good defender under this staff, he may never justify his draft position though.

KCDC
03-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Redthat and Dane have been having a debate about RT. I thought Doomy has the most interesting point:

Would you rather have Okung/Bulage/Trent Williams and either Cody or Cam Thomas

or

Dan Williams and whose available at RT in the second round (which ain't much)?

Dane says Cody could be gone by 2a. Not so sure. But which would you rather have if Cody was available?

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Redthat and Dane have been having a debate about RT. I thought Doomy has the most interesting point:

Would you rather have Okung/Bulage/Trent Williams and either Cody or Cam Thomas

or

Dan Williams and whose available at RT in the second round (which ain't much)?

Dane says Cody could be gone by 2a. Not so sure. But which would you rather have if Cody was available?

Williams is a better talent than Cody.

The Chiefs don't need another left tackle, so that option is pointless.

And who are you to say that there won't be any right tackles available after the first round?

WTF?

:shake:

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Im not going to say it was a good pick, it wasnt, but to say that he "missed" is premature.

Defensive linemen take a couple years to start looking like the player the team drafted. Especially 5-tecs.

Tyson will develop into a very good defender under this staff, he may never justify his draft position though.

I totally agree, well said. With the picks this team has invested on the DL, they will just eventually steem roll the other teams offense, and turn them into debris, once Romeo gets some time with them.

CanadaKC
03-25-2010, 06:36 PM
**** all this OT talk.........Berry's the MAN!!!

Tribal Warfare
03-25-2010, 06:50 PM

And who are you to say that there won't be any right tackles available after the first round?

WTF?

You know what the funny thing about this situation is? I told one of my Steelers' fan friends a week before the Senior Bowl to watch out for Dan Williams who could be a a prime target player for KC with their 1st rounder.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM

The job belongs to Oher.

That simply isn't true. Gaither may very well end up traded, and if that happens then yes, Oher would move to LT. But, there is nothing at all to say that Oher is "entrenched" at LT, or that the job belongs to him. There hasn't been anything out of Baltimore that says that this offseason, and it certainly wasn't the case last year.

Here is Schefter's latest on it:

Jared Gaither-T- Ravens Mar. 23 - 12:56 pm et

Updating a previous item, restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither plans to attend the Ravens' offseason workout program next week.
Gaither hasn't signed his tender, so it's not especially surprising that he would miss parts of the workout program. There had been talk of Gaither switching to the right side in 2010, but the team has given no indication that Michael Oher will move to left tackle.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
That simply isn't true. Gaither may very well end up traded, and if that happens then yes, Oher would move to LT. But, there is nothing at all to say that Oher is "entrenched" at LT, or that the job belongs to him. There hasn't been anything out of Baltimore that says that this offseason, and it certainly wasn't the case last year.

Here is Schefter's latest on it:

Jared Gaither-T- Ravens Mar. 23 - 12:56 pm et

Updating a previous item, restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither plans to attend the Ravens' offseason workout program next week.
Gaither hasn't signed his tender, so it's not especially surprising that he would miss parts of the workout program. There had been talk of Gaither switching to the right side in 2010, but the team has given no indication that Michael Oher will move to left tackle.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

If the Ravens can move Gaither, they will.

Regardless, Oher will be the left tackle in 2010.

Do you just live to disagree with me? It sure seems that way.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM

WTF?

I understand that you are going to do everything you can to make an effort to not understand the point I, and then whoever you were quoting, was making. But, in the scenario that the Chiefs are going to take a defensive tackle and an offensive tackle in the first two picks, which is what you said, would you rather have:

Dan Williams and Ducasse or Saffold, or another offensive tackle

or

Okung or Bulaga or Trent Williams and Cody or Cam Thomas

It really isn't a pointless question. Yes, Williams may be better than Cody (although I personally think that is questionable), but is the combination of picks better? Yes, we know that it is stupid to take a LT at #5, but if that combination is better and Pioli is hellbent on taking DT and OT in some kind of order, then I think the question is at least worth thinking about.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
If the Ravens can move Gaither, they will.

Regardless, Oher will be the left tackle in 2010.

Do you just live to disagree with me? It sure seems that way.

No, not at all. This is pure speculation on your part though, and you are quoting it as fact. Based on last year, and everything that has been reported this offseason, if Gaither isn't traded, he'll be on the left side and Oher will be on the right. You may end up being correct, but to act as if anyone suggesting otherwise is wrong is pure speculation.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
I understand that you are going to do everything you can to make an effort to not understand the point I, and then whoever you were quoting, was making. But, in the scenario that the Chiefs are going to take a defensive tackle and an offensive tackle in the first two picks, which is what you said, would you rather have:

or

It really isn't a pointless question. Yes, Williams may be better than Cody (although I personally think that is questionable), but is the combination of picks better? Yes, we know that it is stupid to take a LT at #5, but if that combination is better and Pioli is hellbent on taking DT and OT in some kind of order, then I think the question is at least worth thinking about.

You can "think about it" all you'd like. The bottom line is that Dan Williams will help this team more than Okung or Baluga. While I disagree with taking a lineman with the #5 overall pick, Williams will likely be the choice and the best choice out of the three.

Haley said just this week that Albert is the left tackle. Why would they choose a right tackle at #5 overall? That just doesn't make any sense.

But Williams would, given Romeo Crennel's background and Pioli's preference to build a team from the inside out.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
No, not at all. This is pure speculation on your part though, and you are quoting it as fact. Based on last year, and everything that has been reported this offseason, if Gaither isn't traded, he'll be on the left side and Oher will be on the right. You may end up being correct, but to act as if anyone suggesting otherwise is wrong is pure speculation.

The mere fact that Gaither is on the block is a clear indicator of the Ravens wanting to move Oher to the left side, with O'Neil Cousins at right tackle.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on draft day.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 07:13 PM

or

It's a fair question.

From a financial perspective, it would probably be better, right now, to go with the OT first, since Albert is making relatively little money, and our defensive line is nothing but top-5 picks. But I'm not going to compound last year's mistake by making another this year.

Additionally, I do think the drop from Williams to the other DTs is greater than from the top OTs to the next tier.

Thus, I'm going with Williams and trying to find a RT later.

But I hope all of this is moot, and we're going with Clausen or Berry.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
It's a fair question.

From a financial perspective, it would probably be better, right now, to go with the OT first, since Albert is making relatively little money, and our defensive line is nothing but top-5 picks. But I'm not going to compound last year's mistake by making another this year.

Additionally, I do think the drop from Williams to the other DTs is greater than from the top OTs to the next tier.

Thus, I'm going with Williams and trying to find a RT later.

But I hope all of this is moot, and we're going with Clausen or Berry.

Thus,

That's the big question. I feel differently, and feel that Cody could actually be the better option for the D that they want to run because he fits the huge mountain prototypical NT like Wilfork is.

And, I like the versatility of the top offensive tackles quite a bit more than the guys who will be there in the second, which is why I would rather see it go Okung/Bulaga/Okung and Cody IF we are going to go DT and OT in the first two picks.

That said, I'm with you, and hope we don't use number 5 on either, and go with Berry. That, or I would love to trade down and get more seconds or a first next year.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, if I'm taking an OT at #5, I'm going the whole hog.

I want a dominant LT at #5, moving Albert to LG, and drafting a starting RT later in the draft, which can be accomplished later than round 2.

The problem is that I don't think there's an OT in this draft with greater upside than Albert, so it would be pointless to draft one at #5.

KCDC
03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
That's the big question. I feel differently, and feel that Cody could actually be the better option for the D that they want to run because he fits the huge mountain prototypical NT like Wilfork is.

And, I like the versatility of the top offensive tackles quite a bit more than the guys who will be there in the second, which is why I would rather see it go Okung/Bulaga/Okung and Cody IF we are going to go DT and OT in the first two picks.

That said, I'm with you, and hope we don't use number 5 on either, and go with Berry. That, or I would love to trade down and get more seconds or a first next year.

This. Commenters that have questioned whether Okung, Trent Williams and other top 5 OL are great LTs or not have said that some of them would be perfect road grading RT. So, query whether having a super RT and a decent NT is better than having a good NT and a decent RT.

Again, that is *only* if Pioli is going to pick a NT and an OT in the first two picks. I don't advocate that; but, if they did, I think Okung, for example, may be hugely better than the OTs available in the second round while the NTs available in the second round may be only marginally worse than Dan Williams.

Mecca
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Saffold is basically a perfect fit to play RT, if your drafting for RT the Williams/Saffold scenario is better.

Plus Williams is a much better prospect than Bulaga or Cody are.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM

Personally, I think that Cody is a risk. Yes, he's *apparently* losing weight in order to raise his draft stock. But I think the guy is lazy and scouts agree. THAT is not a guy I want on the Chiefs.

Furthermore, there is absolutely NO proof that Okung could play right tackle, just like there's no proof that Albert could play right tackle.

Add those two together and you're looking at major risks at three positions instead of "safe" picks in Williams and Ducasse/Safford.

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Personally, I think that Cody is a risk. Yes, he's *apparently* losing weight in order to raise his draft stock. But I think the guy is lazy and scouts agree. THAT is not a guy I want on the Chiefs.

Furthermore, there is absolutely NO proof that Okung could play right tackle, just like there's no proof that Albert could play right tackle.

Add those two together and you're looking at major risks at three positions instead of "safe" picks in Williams and Ducasse/Safford.

So, in your opinion, Williams is the best of the ****ed up scenerios?

We can only hope this Dan Williams is better than the last one.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
So, in your opinion, Williams is the best of the ****ed up scenerios?

We can only hope this Dan Williams is better than the last one.

That is an excellent analysis!

Frosty
03-26-2010, 07:50 AM
I have been saying since the Senior Bowl practices that I expected Dan Williams to be the Chiefs' pick and I haven't seen anything that would change my mind about that. However, if they are going to reach for a NT, I would prefer that they reached for someone like Linval Joseph in the 2nd and used the #5 for Berry or Clausen.

That said, if they can trade back and still get Williams while picking up some more draft picks, I wouldn't be too disappointed. This team has a ton of holes and not nearly enough picks to fill them all.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I have been saying since the Senior Bowl practices that I expected Dan Williams to be the Chiefs' pick and I haven't seen anything that would change my mind about that. However, if they are going to reach for a NT, I would prefer that they reached for someone like Linval Joseph in the 2nd and used the #5 for Berry or Clausen.

That said, if they can trade back and still get Williams while picking up some more draft picks, I wouldn't be too disappointed. This team has a ton of holes and not nearly enough picks to fill them all.

If they're going to reach....then reach on Troup in the 3rd.

Frosty
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
If they're going to reach....then reach on Troup in the 3rd.

That works too. If the Chiefs are going to keep picking in the top 5, at least pick someone worth a top 5 pick.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see Berry or Clausen go to the Chiefs. But with the recent hiring of Crennel and Pioli's love of lineman, Williams seems like a perfect fit for their philosophy.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see Berry or Clausen go to the Chiefs. But with the recent hiring of Crennel and Pioli's love of lineman, Williams seems like a perfect fit for their philosophy.

The only way that I'm going to be happy with the Williams pick....is if we trade down to do it. But if we pass on Berry and/or Clausen to pick Williams at #5....then I'll be :banghead::banghead::banghead:

boogblaster
03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Hopefully we pick the kid from Tennessee ...

Frosty
03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Hopefully we pick the kid from Tennessee ...

I'm pretty sure they will. ;)

Chiefnj2
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
In the last 9 games of the year KC gave up more than 140 yards on the ground 6 times - 144, 173, 182, 200, 245 and 351.

You could see why they'd take Williams.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:40 AM
The only way that I'm going to be happy with the Williams pick....is if we trade down to do it. But if we pass on Berry and/or Clausen to pick Williams at #5....then I'll be :banghead::banghead::banghead:

As long as the Chiefs don't choose Bulaga, Williams or Okung, I should be okay with their selection.

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8173b057&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Clemson RB Spiller joins list of prospects who will attend draft

Clemson's C.J. Spiller accepted an invitation to attend next month's NFL draft in New York, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Spiller is considered one of the top running back prospects in the draft. He rushed for 3,547 yards and 32 touchdowns during four seasons at Clemson, and he caught 123 passes for 1,420 yards and 11 scores. He also set an NCAA career record with seven kickoff returns for TDs.

Spiller clocked the third-fastest 40-yard dash time (4.37 seconds) among all players at the NFL Scouting Combine last month in Indianapolis.

Eight other prospects confirmed last week that they will attend the draft, which is scheduled for April 22-24. They are: Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and offensive tackle Trent Williams, Oklahoma State offensive tackle Russell Okung, Georgia Tech defensive end Derrick Morgan, Tennessee safety Eric Berry and defensive tackle Dan Williams, and Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick.

The NFL expects to host more players than ever before on the first two days of the draft. The league will soon finalize the list of prospects who will be in attendance.

Archie Bunker
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81778aa7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Bradford, Spiller among latest to accept invite to draft
By Jason La Canfora | NFL Network

Sixteen players are now confirmed to attend the 2010 NFL Draft festivities at Radio City Music Hall in New York next week, including Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, according to a league source.

Eight more players have accepted their invitation to attend in the past week or so, bringing the total number to 16.

Those new players are:

Bradford, Florida CB Joe Haden, Clemson RB C.J. Spiller, Wake Forest CB Brandon Ghee, Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga, Texas DT Lamarr Houston, Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas, Cal RB Jahvid Best.

Those players join a list that already included: Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh, Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung, Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan, Oklahoma OT Trent Williams, Tennessee DT Dan Williams, Tennessee S Eric Berry, and Penn State DT Jared Odrick.

Invites remain out to the other three top quarterbacks -- Jimmy Clausen, Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy, according to a source. The league may also still invite other players.

With a full three days of the draft now in order, the NFL is inviting more players, and some likely to go outside the first round. The draft takes place April 22-24 in New York, with players arriving the 20th for charity events and league duties.

The unveiling of the top 10 draft picks of all-time, as selected by fan voting, will take place during the draft as well. The league released the top 20 picks last week.

kepp
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Those new players are:

Bradford, Florida CB Joe Haden, Clemson RB C.J. Spiller, Wake Forest CB Brandon Ghee, Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga, Texas DT Lamarr Houston, Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas, Cal RB Jahvid Best.

Demaryius Thomas is expected to be a first-rounder?

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Ghee and Thomas could both be sitting there the entire time imo.

Lamar Houston?

OnTheWarpath15
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Demaryius Thomas is expected to be a first-rounder?

Some expect him to be taken by 20.