PDA

View Full Version : KSU Hats off to the Wildcats. You represented the Big 12 really well tonight!

Pages : [1] 2

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Awesome game tonight Wildcats. Proud of a fellow Big 12 team with the performance tonight and this season. Good for Martin and his team.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4758746/2/istockphoto_4758746-greeting-with-a-tip-of-the-hat.jpg

http://blogs.sj-r.com/alo/wp-content/fearbeardonlightsmall.png

03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Hell of a game!!!!

TrebMaxx
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I am a MU fan and I second the OP.

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
That was a hell of a game. Can't believe that shot by Crawford. That had to be like a 35+ ft shot. jeeez. Wish the 'Hawks were playing tomorrow. That loss against N Iowa's gonna sting for a while.

Rootin' for KSU and BAY

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Yep. Go Wildcats!!!

KC_Connection
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
YES

Now Baylor tomorrow.

MoreLemonPledge
03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I am a MU fan and I second the OP.

This.

Buehler445
Gratz cats. Good game. Deserved that one. Hope they can get rested up for Saturday.

irishjayhawk
I found myself rooting heavily for K-State. What a game.

Oh, and Gus Johnson rules.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Tip.

AZChief
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
best game of the tourney. go k-state!

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I hope someone is fisting Bill Self right now.

What a dickbag.

MikeTheWildcat
03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
KSU played hard and found a way to win! GO CATS!:clap::bravo::toast:

WoodDraw
03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
A hell of a game. Congrats to K-State fans. Go make a drink and settle down.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I hope someone is fisting Bill Self right now.

What a dickbag.

What?

Lzen
03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Helluva game. Mucho intestinal fortitude, KSU. Your team refused to lose. Way to pull it out.

Lzen
03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
What?

Retard

KC Jones
03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
awesome game - congrats wildcats!

Reaper16
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Jacob 'Lincoln beard' Pullen shoots the Threemancipation Proclamation. KSU wins.

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Jacob 'Lincoln beard' Pullen shoots the Threemancipation Proclamation. KSU wins.

Nice.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I've never seen the board this unified.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM

Fuck you.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Congrats KSU...one of the few times I will pull for you guys. Represent the sunflower state!

-KU Fan

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 10:51 PM
**** you.

No thanks I don't do small favors awww skeet skeet.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 10:53 PM
What?

As much as I'm happy for the Cats, I can't help but think that someone should be shoving something large up Bill Self's ass right now for losing to the university NORTHERN IOWA.

He should be ashamed and disgraced beyond belief because he coached like shit and his team played like they were alseep.

I know you hold a candle for him but seriously, I'm still pissed at his so-called performance.

3 for 7, man. The guy just CAN'T play to his seed.

Nzoner
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Helluva game but my wallet sure could've used just 1 more point by the Wildcats.Oh well,I'll take a push over a loss.

ROYC75
03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Entertaining, gritty and tough as nails, the Kittens can thank KU for getting them battle tested.

Seriously, great game, win another one and go Baylor.

DeezNutz
LMAO

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/img2/smartphone-lighter.png

Grats Ksu great game!

DaneMcCloud
LMAO

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/img2/smartphone-lighter.png

LMAO

POND_OF_RED
Pullen is cold blooded. Congrats KSU fans. Keep it up Cats...

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
As much as I'm happy for the Cats, I can't help but think that someone should be shoving something large up Bill Self's ass right now for losing to the university NORTHERN IOWA.

He should be ashamed and disgraced beyond belief because he coached like shit and his team played like they were alseep.

I know you hold a candle for him but seriously, I'm still pissed at his so-called performance.

Sadly, I agree.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
K-state fans do you wish you coulda faced KU again for a 4th time?

Lzen
03-25-2010, 10:57 PM

You should have been here on 9/11/01.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
K-state fans do you wish you coulda faced KU again for a 4th time?

Would have been a very cool event...

Nzoner
Entertaining, gritty and tough as nails, the Kittens can thank KU for getting them battle tested.

Seriously, great game, win another one and go Baylor.

I guess I'll never understand how a diehard fan could pull for another team in the same state.I mean if K-State wins it all it's move your ass over beakers there's a new Sunflower Champion.

K-state fans do you wish you coulda faced KU again for a 4th time?I sure wish it could have happened. So do my brackets.

03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
I guess I'll never understand how a diehard fan could pull for another team in the same state.I mean if K-State wins it all it's move your ass over beakers there's a new Sunflower Champion.Meh, I don't mind KSU doing well. MU on the other hand......

KC_Connection
03-25-2010, 11:00 PM

This really isn't the thread for whining about this, douche.

POND_OF_RED
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
You should have been here on 9/11/01.

That's the day they cancelled all the sporting events wasn't it?

ROYC75
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I guess I'll never understand how a diehard fan could pull for another team in the same state.I mean if K-State wins it all it's move your ass over beakers there's a new Sunflower Champion.

Naw, we bat them 3 times this year. We just had a bad game against a tough team. It happens, many times in the tourney the best team does not win. I can easily get over a KSU NC win over an MU NC win.

At least KSU has sniffed a NC game in basketball.

KC_Connection
03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Naw, we bat them 3 times this year. We just had a bad game against a tough team. It happens, many times in the tourney the best team does not win. I can easily get over a KSU NC win over an MU NC win.

At least KSU has sniffed a NC game in basketball.
KSU NC> Duke NC or Kentucky NC.

By far......

KevB
03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm completely worn out after watching my team in that game. Just an amazing game. I was completely deflated no less than three times, and the fellas hung in there and kept making plays. Credit to Xavier as well. Two teams with an amazing will to win.

DrRyan
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
I found myself rooting heavily for K-State. What a game.

Oh, and Gus Johnson rules.

What a unbelievable game. MU fan here pulling for K State big time in that game. So many 'Cats were amazing down the stretch, Pullen is getting all the love for the clutch threes but Kelly put them on his back a good part of overtime.

And yes, Gus Johnson is the best. Love listening to him call games.

I was thinking more of a bearded Mos Def.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zO3PhPftIk8/SxgC110hjaI/AAAAAAAAAEE/v7dghG-HHIQ/s400/mos_def.jpg

Nzoner
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
It happens, many times in the tourney the best team does not win.

Sorry,I call bullshit,the BEST team won when it counted the most.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM

Sadly, I agree.

12-21-12. Destiny has now been sealed.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
This really isn't the thread for whining about this, douche.

Fuck you

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
What a unbelievable game. MU fan here pulling for K State big time in that game. So many 'Cats were amazing down the stretch, Pullen is getting all the love for the clutch threes but Kelly put them on his back a good part of overtime.

And yes, Gus Johnson is the best. Love listening to him call games.

I was thinking more of a bearded Mos Def.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zO3PhPftIk8/SxgC110hjaI/AAAAAAAAAEE/v7dghG-HHIQ/s400/mos_def.jpg

Oh sure. Any black guy looks like Mos Def. You'd think we're having the fucking Wes Welker discussion in this thread.

Nzoner
03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I sure wish it could have happened. So do my brackets.

I'm still alive with a K-State/Duke Championship

ROYC75
03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Sorry,I call bullshit,the BEST team won when it counted the most.

Sorry Joe, sell the bulls on the farm, reduce the waste around you. :D

KU was a better team than UNI in general, just not that night, period. Was KU the better team in 88 ? No way, OU was, we just caught them on one of those nights. After playing them previously 3 times, a 4th time was the nail in the coffin. Face it, upsets happen all the time.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 11:20 PM

KU was a better team than UNI in general, just not that night, period. Was KU the better team in 88 ? No way, OU was, we just caught them on one of those nights. After playing them previously 3 times, a 4th time was the nail in the coffin. Face it, upsets happen all the time.

Roy, the point is, it SHOULDN'T have been a upset.

That lies with the coach.

KCChiefsMan
I hate this season

DaneMcCloud
I'm still alive with a K-State/Duke Championship

If K-State won...

You know, I can't even imagine being in Lawrence that Monday night.

Reaper16
03-25-2010, 11:24 PM
If K-State won...

You know, I can't even imagine being in Lawrence that Monday night.
I've got an outfit that is total K-State colors without having any K-State merch a part of it. If K-State makes it to the title game I am going to wear that outfit, go over to Free State Brewing in Lawrence and make fun of motherfuckers.

ROYC75
03-25-2010, 11:26 PM

The point made was BEST team, overall in a best of ( whatever ) series, KU wins. Just not that night !

Really no point in discussing it, upsets happen in sports all the time. Reason we all like to watch so much, the NCAA Tourney is a great example of this.

DrRyan
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh sure. Any black guy looks like Mos Def. You'd think we're having the ****ing Wes Welker discussion in this thread.

Sure dude, no resemblance at all. :rolleyes: If you really don't think so, go find a bearded picture of Mos and then tell me. Been a Mos fan for a long damn time so GTFO with the race card BS man.

Nzoner
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Tell yourself whatever you have to to make it thru Roy,as for me,it's a tournament for a reason,I watch to see who is the best team overall,and no matter how you rationalize it the team standing at the end is the best team,it's why I love the competition of sports and keep coming back for more.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
The point made was BEST team, overall in a best of ( whatever ) series, KU wins. Just not that night !

Really no point in discussing it, upsets happen in sports all the time. Reason we all like to watch so much, the NCAA Tourney is a great example of this.

I think you're missing the point of the tourney, much like many of the KU fans.

The tourney is a different animal. If Self is to have any further success, he'll need to learn how to COACH in the tourney.

Otherwise, KU, despite it's gaudy record, will continue to flame out early and often.

How sad is it that a team they beat not once, not twice but three times is in the Elite Eight?

Coaching, Roy.

Coaching.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I've got an outfit that is total K-State colors without having any K-State merch a part of it. If K-State makes it to the title game I am going to wear that outfit, go over to Free State Brewing in Lawrence and make fun of motherfuckers.

Just wear a bullet-proof vest.

Some of those KU peeps are honery.

POND_OF_RED
03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I've got an outfit that is total K-State colors without having any K-State merch a part of it. If K-State makes it to the title game I am going to wear that outfit, go over to Free State Brewing in Lawrence and make fun of mother****ers.

You know how I know you're gay? You just admitted to having a purple outfit.

KCChiefsMan
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Just wear a bullet-proof vest.

Some of those KU peeps are honery.

nah, friendly trash talking is all you would get. If you go to Columbia, they will cross the line.

WilliamTheIrish
03-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I'll wear my purple also, Reaper.

Reaper16
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
You know how I know you're gay? You just admitted to having a purple outfit.
Its a purple Nike shirt with a pair of Nike SB Zoom Team Edition that are purple and light grey. I be purple'd as a motherfucker when I wear it.

doomy3
03-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Its a purple Nike shirt with a pair of Nike SB Zoom Team Edition that are purple and light grey. I be purple'd as a mother****er when I wear it.

Nuthin wrong with that.

ROYC75
03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
I think you're missing the point of the tourney, much like many of the KU fans.

The tourney is a different animal. If Self is to have any further success, he'll need to learn how to COACH in the tourney.

Otherwise, KU, despite it's gaudy record, will continue to flame out early and often.

How sad is it that a team they beat not once, not twice but three times is in the Elite Eight?

Coaching, Roy.

Coaching.

I'm not disputing that possibly coaching was a major factor. Having 6 fouls early, a good FT shooting team, always being able to bang away to get back into a game was Self's reason. I felt we needed to press quicker, I felt we had a deeper bench and should have, but hey, he is the HC, not me. I coach basketball as well, I see things differently, anybody can 2nd guess a coach after the outcome of a game.

Many times teams win on just pure talent over coaching,does a good coach make a difference, absolutely. But teams that have superior talent often wins over teams with less talent and a good coach, or vise versa.

You guys can twist all you want to suit your needs, ask any so called experts or the majority of sports minded fans and you will find the majority of people will tell you that KU was the better team overall, just wasn't that night.

Before you use the NBA as an example, the best teams doesn't always win it either, best of 7 games with a 4 games to 3 HC advantage....... Move it to a neutral location, play 7 games.

How about upsets in the SB's ? It's just one game ? New England was undefeated and by all rights should have beat NY a few years back,but NY had time to game plan, caught NE on one of those days, walla, upset and no perfect season.

Was KC better than StL in the WS ? IMHO, no. We caught a few breaks and came out on top.

All the KU haters can keep stroking your ego's because you dislike KU. Their were times MU and KSU should have won games this year or years past but were upset along the way.

Say it with me, Upsets Happen !

POND_OF_RED
03-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Its a purple Nike shirt with a pair of Nike SB Zoom Team Edition that are purple and light grey. I be purple'd as a mother****er when I wear it.

Would you say you look more like Barney or Grimace? :)

http://www.tildemark.com/images/barney.jpg
http://johnnyslick.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/grimace.jpg

doomy3
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I thought I posted this, but maybe not. Congrats K-State fans. Hell of a game. You guys took some serious shots and came right back at them. Very, very impressive. You have a very well-coached team, and your team plays together incredibly well.

Can't say I was rooting for you like some of the other KU and MU fans in this thread, and I can't imagine too many situations where I would, but very nice win tonight.

KC_Connection
03-25-2010, 11:54 PM
**** you
Get over yourself, Dane.

KC_Connection
03-25-2010, 11:55 PM

No it doesn't. It lies with the players, most of all. The ones that ACTUALLY play the game.

Frank Martin didn't win this game for KSU late, Jacob Pullen and his teammates did.

Reaper16
03-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Would you say you look more like Barney or Grimace? :)

http://www.tildemark.com/images/barney.jpg
http://johnnyslick.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/grimace.jpg
Neither. I'm way too skinny to look like either of them.

MoreLemonPledge
03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Neither. I'm way too skinny to look like either of them.

Oh. So like this?

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/prince-purple.jpg

Reaper16
03-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes. Prince is a much better comparison.

03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
nah, friendly trash talking is all you would get. If you go to Columbia, they will cross the line.I always get this overwhelming urge to :Lin: when I drive through Columbia.

teedubya
03-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey if KSU wins a championship, that is okay with me. Then KU and KSU could point and laugh at Mizzou and their 0 final fours.

Whoops, there I go, "being honery", as Dane would say. :-P

Hootie
03-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Don't you guys know?

Dane studies college basketball tape too...and knows more than any KU fan who actually watches every game.

Duh.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't you guys know?

Dane studies college basketball tape too...and knows more than any KU fan who actually watches every game.

Duh.

The douche is just trying to piss people off in a thread that really didn't need his nonsense.

GoHuge
03-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks for all the genuine support. Where would we be had Huggs not come here? Just amazing how fast it has all happened. Franks not even through his third season, has a new lock him up contract, more kids coming in, we're one game away from the Final Four, and we only lose Denny this year. As much as I've tried to discount his impact of late it's painfully obvious that it will be far from easy to replace him.

Anyway nerves are finally coming down and so is my buzz. Thanks for the kind words (even though it was highjacked by a full on dick measuring contest).

Goldmember
03-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Congrats to both teams! What a game. I'm pissed I missed it as I was at a birthday dinner for one of my best friends but I kept an eye on the score with my phone. We went to a bar afterward, they had the first OT on the tv and then the stupid network never showed the 2nd OT!! WTF?

big nasty kcnut
03-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Nzoner can you place a bet for me.

Coach
03-26-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm gonna so borrow that.

Nicely done.

Lono
03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Helluva game but my wallet sure could've used just 1 more point by the Wildcats.Oh well,I'll take a push over a loss.

Had a buddy lose a 3 team parlay that would have won him $2200 when they didn't call the foul, then called the foul, when the dude shot the 3 at the end of regulation. He had the under.

ArrowheadHawk
03-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Good job cats.

Red Brooklyn
03-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Still recovering... :)

Hats off to Xavier. Hell of a game.

Thanks for all the support. You guys are all class. I really, really appreciate it.

Mr. Plow
03-26-2010, 08:48 AM
KSU NC> Duke NC or Kentucky NC.

By far......

This.

Dante84
03-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah, thanks everyone for the kind words.... this is a really special time for us State fans.

Nzoner
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Had a buddy lose a 3 team parlay that would have won him $2200 when they didn't call the foul, then called the foul, when the dude shot the 3 at the end of regulation. He had the under.

Damn,unless your buddy is getting some crazy odds that is some serious change on a parlay.

I know the feeling though,sometimes these calls make one scratch their head and think wtf.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Get over yourself, Dane.

Wow, you're really butt hurt over comments about your beloved coach.

:deevee:

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
No it doesn't. It lies with the players, most of all. The ones that ACTUALLY play the game.

Frank Martin didn't win this game for KSU late, Jacob Pullen and his teammates did.

So, you're telling us all that Bill Self coached his ass off and put his players in a position to win this past weekend?

LMAO

He should have gone to full court press in the first half, used his bench and slaughtered UNI. Instead, he didn't figure it out until it was too late.

Sure, that's the player's faults.

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Don't you guys know?

Duh.

So I didn't go to KU now? I didn't live in Lawrence? I don't get the NCAA basketball package and I've never seen them play?

JFC, Hootie.

Must you embarrass yourself with each and every post about me?

Saulbadguy
03-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Have to say, feelin' pretty Elite this morning.

boogblaster
03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
GO CATS

Molitoth
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
I usually hate KSU and it's fans, but I actually find myself rooting for them this year in the tourney. Coach Martin and his team are full of class and excitment. Good for them!

When football season starts, I will hate on them again.

teedubya
03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I usually hate KSU and it's fans, but I actually find myself rooting for them this year in the tourney. Coach Martin and his team are full of class and excitment. Good for them!

When football season starts, I will hate on them again.

That's funny, because every time I see your avatar, even though I know it's Barry Sanders as a Lion, it looks like you are a KSU fan.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
That's funny, because every time I see your avatar, even though I know it's Barry Sanders as a Lion, it looks like you are a KSU fan.

LMAO

I thought the same thing all this time. When I read his post, I had to do a double-take and look at his avatar. All this time I thought he was a KSU fan.

ROYC75
03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Have to say, feelin' pretty Elite this morning.

Good, send me my money !

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, you're really butt hurt over comments about your beloved coach.

:deevee:

I'm not at all. I was over KU's loss days ago, and I've dealt with the fact that Self had some responsibility for it. You're the one who thought it was relevant enough to post in a celebratory thread just to piss KU fans off, though, like some kind of douche.

So please, do us all a favor and **** off already.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
He should have gone to full court press in the first half, used his bench and slaughtered UNI. Instead, he didn't figure it out until it was too late.

#1. It's quite clear to me now that you have absolutely no basketball knowledge whatsoever. Stick to football and being a douche to people. Those things suit you better.

#2. It would have been ridiculous to go to a full court press in the 1st half of a game where KU was already in major foul trouble (UNI was in the bonus very early) and was only down by single digits. In addition to the fact that UNI is one of the best FT shooting teams in the nation (and thus would have capitalized on any foul that KU made), it also would have tired out the team needlessly. There was no reason to make any major changes in the 1st half of that game, and if he did and KU ended up losing anyway, people would have questioned him for changing what worked all year (because, after all, KU was one of the top defensive teams in the NCAA this season).

There is a legitimate argument to be made that Self should have gotten to the press earlier in the 2nd half (which I mentioned in the game thread myself). But that was when KU was no longer in foul trouble and it became clear that KU couldn't create any turnovers through their regular defense. So yeah, he takes some of the responsibility. But the players are the ones that play the game, and their arrogance/entitlement led to a lack of effort in the 1st half (which, ultimately KU couldn't come back from).

You're out of your element, Dane.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
#1. It's quite clear to me now that you have absolutely no basketball knowledge whatsoever. Stick to football and being a douche to people. Those things suit you better.

#2. It would have been ridiculous to go to a full court press in the 1st half of a game where KU was already in major foul trouble (UNI was in the bonus very early) and was only down by single digits. In addition to the fact that UNI is one of the best FT shooting teams in the nation (and thus would have capitalized on any foul that KU made), it also would have tired out the team needlessly. There was no reason to make any major changes in the 1st half of that game, and if he did and KU ended up losing anyway, people would have questioned him for changing what worked all year (because, after all, KU was one of the top defensive teams in the NCAA this season).

There is a legitimate argument to be made that Self should have gotten to the press earlier in the 2nd half (which I mentioned in the game thread myself). But that was when KU was no longer in foul trouble and it became clear that KU couldn't create any turnovers through their regular defense.

Whatever.

The point is that you're an asshole. Apparently, no one can say anything negative about KU in your world, even though they were outcoached and outplayed, once again, by a Missouri Valley team and once again, failed to play to their seed.

BTW, Douchetard, did you ever even attend KU or are you one of these people that just roots for them because they're a winner?

Oh, and Self should have NEVER allowed the game to get so far out of hand in the first 10 minutes.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Whatever.

The point is that you're an asshole. Apparently, no one can say anything negative about KU in your world, even though they were outcoached and outplayed, once again, by a Missouri Valley team and once again, failed to play to their seed.

Actually...you're the asshole, Dane. This thread had nothing to do with KU until you decided to piss people off for the fun of it. I just called you on it. It's not my problem if I've upset you.

And please...I've always welcomed legitimate criticism of KU from knowledgeable people (take Gregg Doyel's article from last week for example).

BTW, Douchetard, did you ever even attend KU or are you one of these people that just roots for them because they're a winner?
Not that it's relevant to anything we've discussed here, but I attend KU, yes.

|Zach|
Whatever.

See this is pretty funny. You always go on and on about how stupid people are for their football takes and how people that don't know what they are talking about and should shut the hell up. The guy responds to you with a bunch of actual basketball centric reasons he disagreed with you and this is how you respond.

Good work man.

DJay23
I haven't read all 7 pages, but as a KU fan, I want to congratulate Cats fans and wish you luck against Butler. I have a few relatives who are K-State alums who seem to be taking Butler for granted. I hope that's not the case here. Every game you play in the tourney is tough. Good luck!

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, and Self should have NEVER allowed the game to get so far out of hand in the first 10 minutes.
Far out of hand? What was it...6-8 points, haha? KU had a 33-2 record before the game, and several of the wins came as a result of 2nd half comebacks. For most KU fans, that 1st half was just business as usual, nothing to overly panic about (and certainly nothing for the coach to panic over).

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
See this is pretty funny. You always go on and on about how stupid people are for their football takes and how people that don't know what they are talking about and shut the hell up. The guy responds to you with a bunch of actual basketball centric reasons he disagreed with you and this is how you respond.

Good work man.

Um, I've already stated in previously that Self should have called a timeout long before the score got out of hand in the first ten minutes. He shouldn't have allowed the game to get out of hand and he should have used his bench, and pressed long before he did in the final two minutes. I said that in the game thread and I've alluded to it earlier.

It's not my fault that neither of your fucktards can't read.

DaWolf
03-26-2010, 11:04 AM
KSU has a legit shot at a NC this year. Pullen is nails.

This is good for the league. And I have a feeling it will light a fire under Self. Not that there is anything wrong with 33-3, and frankly I think the UNI game is one of those games that if KU had pulled out, they would probably have gone on a roll (sort of like how KU could almost lose to Davidson and then go on to destroy North Carolina with the same team). Part of me got a bad feeling every time I heard about him popping in the DVD of the NC, or seeing all the reminders of the FF surround the team in the practice facility. I think this tournament will close that chapter once and for all, and Self will be more motivated than ever to erase this stench, just like he was motivated to erase the stench of the Bucknell loss by putting together than NC team. We'll see...

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Far out of hand? What was it...6-8 points, haha? KU had a 33-2 record before the game, and several of the wins came as a result of 2nd half comebacks. For most KU fans, that 1st half was just business as usual, nothing to overly panic about (and certainly nothing for the coach to panic over).

And there it is, in a nutshell:

KU fans and the coaching staff felt that victory was inevitable, regardless of what was actually happening on the floor.

:shake:

|Zach|
03-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Um, I've already stated in previously that Self should have called a timeout long before the score got out of hand in the first ten minutes. He shouldn't have allowed the game to get out of hand and he should have used his bench, and pressed long before he did in the final two minutes. I said that in the game thread and I've alluded to it earlier.

It's not my fault that neither of your ****tards can't read.

And when he continued the basketball disucssion you responded by turning into a 15 year old girl.

Whatever.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Gee, I'm really sorry my words wounded the tender vaginas of KC Connection and Zach.

I'll be more careful the next time I criticize KU when they lose to a Missouri Valley team.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:07 AM
And when he continued the basketball disucssion you responded by turning into a 15 year old girl.

Whatever.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Um, no but you can go fuck yourself

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
And there it is, in a nutshell:

KU fans and the coaching staff felt that victory was inevitable, regardless of what was actually happening on the floor.

Apparently you can't read, or you just enjoy straw man arguments. Nobody has ever said or felt that victory was inevitable (except for maybe the players themselves in that 1st half).

Once again, there was no reason to Bill Self to panic and go to a full court press in the 1st half of a single digit deficit. That's a ridiculous, unnecessary measure at that stage of the game, and something only a moron would suggest.

Are you about done embarrassing yourself, Dane?

|Zach|
03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Um, no but you can go **** yourself

Seriously...is there a teenage girl behind this account?

Lono
Damn,unless your buddy is getting some crazy odds that is some serious change on a parlay.

I know the feeling though,sometimes these calls make one scratch their head and think wtf.

Haha yeah, he's a high roller. Actually one of his friends put down some cash on a 6 teamer and hit it to win over $9500.

|Zach|
Once again, there was no reason to Bill Self to panic and go to a full court press in the 1st half of a single digit deficit. That's a ridiculous, unnecessary measure at that stage of the game, and something only a moron would suggest.

Whatever.
:D

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM

It's not my fault that neither of your ****tards can't read.
And it's not my fault you're making shit up.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gamecenter/playbyplay/NCAAB_20100320_NIA@KS_2?tag=gcOptions;sbOptionLinks

Self called timeout when it was 10-2, less than 3 minutes into the game.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Seriously...is there a teenage girl behind this account?

Seriously, do you have anything to add to conversation?

If not, shut the fuck up.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Whatever.
:D

I think Dane McCloud may just be the biggest douche on this board. And that's saying a lot.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Apparently you can't read, or you just enjoy straw man arguments. Nobody has ever said or felt that victory was inevitable (except for maybe the players themselves in that 1st half).

Are you about done embarrassing yourself, Dane?

What a second, didn't you just say this?

For most KU fans, that 1st half was just business as usual, nothing to overly panic about (and certainly nothing for the coach to panic over).

I would be "embarrassing myself" had KU won.

Sadly, they lost because their coach doesn't know how to adjust in the NCAA tournament, a fact that's been proven three out of seven times to date.

It's hilarious to me that you take offense to facts.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I think Dane McCloud may just be the biggest douche on this board. And that's saying a lot.

And it's clear that you're the most butt hurt KU homer to ever grace this forum.

Facts hurt, don't they?

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:17 AM

There is a legitimate argument to be made that Self should have gotten to the press earlier in the 2nd half (which I mentioned in the game thread myself). But that was when KU was no longer in foul trouble and it became clear that KU couldn't create any turnovers through their regular defense. So yeah, he takes some of the responsibility. But the players are the ones that play the game, and their arrogance/entitlement led to a lack of effort in the 1st half (which, ultimately KU couldn't come back from).

Meh I would have atleast trused my veteran guards and tried to trap. Something anything to speed the game up to the teams advantage.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Meh I would have atleast trused my veteran guards and tried to trap. Something anything to speed the game up to the teams advantage.

Exactly.

Self was completely out-coached because of his inability to adjust.

The Jayhawks looked nothing like a team that won 33 games that day.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I would be "embarrassing myself" had KU won.

Sadly, they lost because their coach doesn't know how to adjust in the NCAA tournament, a fact that's been proven three out of seven times to date.

It's hilarious to me that you take offense to facts.

You're embarrassing yourself because you don't have any idea what you are talking about, and you are humorously trying to engage me in a basketball discussion as if you do.

The thing is you don't really have a point at all (because nobody in their right mind would actually suggest KU should get rid of Self, right?). You're just trying to piss KU fans off.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
One problem with that, billay (well...there's actually more than one, but I digress). Sherron Collins isn't in any kind of shape to trap anything. And he hadn't been all year.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Exactly.

Self was completely out-coached because of his inability to adjust.

The Jayhawks looked nothing like a team that won 33 games that day.

Actually, they really looked a lot like the team that won 33 games that day. They just didn't come through at the end. They had a number of games where they came back and dominated the second half after playing a lackluster first half.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
You're embarrassing yourself because you don't have any idea what you are talking about, and you are humorously trying to engage me in a basketball discussion as if you do.

The thing is you don't really have a point at all (because nobody in their right mind would actually suggest KU should get rid of Self, right?). You're just trying to piss KU fans off.

First off, Fucko, you're a moron. You're acting as if it's your RIGHT to win. KU lost, AGAIN, and didn't play to their seed. Those are the FACTS.

Secondly, I ATTENDED KU. I'VE DONATED MONEY OVER THE YEARS. I'm not trying to "piss off" ANYONE. I merely commented that I was still pissed over Self's coaching performance.

Again, I'm sorry I wounded your tender vagina with my words.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
One problem with that, billay (well...there's actually more than one, but I digress). Sherron Collins isn't in any kind of shape to trap anything. And he hadn't been all year.

Are you saying he's out of shape?

Still I would trust guys like Morningstar, Reed, maybe even Taylor to trap. IMO the players effort didn't help things but still.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Actually, they really looked a lot like the team that won 33 games that day. They just didn't come through at the end. They had a number of games where they came back and dominated the second half after playing a lackluster first half.

Well, not from where I sat (and actually, I was standing most of the game).

They looked like they were sleep walking the entire game and I'd hardly call that performance dominant.

I have no idea why we're re-hashing all of this, as it's nothing different than I stated in the game thread.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
First off, ****o, you're a moron. You're acting as if it's your RIGHT to win and when KU doesn't, they're STILL untouchable.

How the hell could anything I've ever said be construed in that way? Ask any of the college basketball fans here, and they will tell you I am one of the most objective people to follow KU. Stop bullshitting, Dane.

Secondly, I ATTENDED KU. I'VE DONATED MONEY OVER THE YEARS. I'm not trying to "piss off" ANYONE. I merely commented that I was still pissed over Self's coaching performance.
That doesn't mean you still weren't trying to piss people off for the fun of it.

Again, I'm sorry I wounded your tender vagina with my words.
I'm not the one who got upset over it.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, not from where I sat (and actually, I was standing most of the game).

They looked like they were sleep walking the entire game and I'd hardly call that performance dominant.

I have no idea why we're re-hashing all of this, as it's nothing different than I stated in the game thread.

I didn't say they dominated the second half. They didn't. What I said is it was pretty similar to how several of KU's games went this season. Get down early, and then come back and win it at the end. We didn't make the plays at the end to win this one though. They dominated many second halves this season, but UNI wasn't one of those games.

And, I would imagine the reason you are re-hashing this is because you decided to bring it into this thread about K-State.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Are you saying he's out of shape?

Of course. He's been out of shape for most of his KU career. He certainly couldn't have run a full-court press or even trapped for as long as you and douche over here are suggesting.

Still I would trust guys like Morningstar, Reed, maybe even Taylor to trap. IMO the players effort didn't help things but still.
Morningstar and Reed don't have the athleticism to trap. Taylor could do it, but he's also liable to foul repeatedly...thus putting UNI players to the foul line in bonus situations.

Self's not an idiot...he knows this shit. And he knows that panicking in a single digit game didn't get KU to where it was.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
How the hell could anything I've ever said be construed in that way? Ask any of the college basketball fans here, and they will tell you I am one of the most objective people to follow KU. Stop bullshitting, Dane.

That doesn't mean you still weren't trying to piss people off for the fun of it.

I'm not the one who got upset over it.

Wow, what are you, 18?

There was absolutely NO INTENT to have "fun". JFC, have you ever read my comments about the KU basketball program?

And once again, do I need to quote where you stated that this game was nothing different and the fans expected a win?

You know, I actually HATE fans like you because you have absolutely no objectivity whatsoever.

ArrowheadHawk
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Props to KSU. Sorry some idiots are ruining your thread. I would love to see the Big 12 pick up another championship. Be it Baylor or KSU.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Of course. He's been out of shape for most of his KU career. He certainly couldn't have run a full-court press or even trapped for as long as you and douche over here are suggesting.

Morningstar and Reed don't have the athleticism to trap. Taylor could do it, but he's also liable to foul repeatedly...thus putting UNI players to the foul line in bonus situations.

Self's not an idiot...he knows this shit. And he knows that panicking in a single digit game didn't get KU to where it was.

Wow, such an apologist.

You make me sick.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
And, I would imagine the reason you are re-hashing this is because you decided to bring it into this thread about K-State.

Apparently, you didn't read my original post, to which Mr. KC Connection because immediately butt hurt, even though there was absolutely no intent to upset him (and he's the only one that's been upset).

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow, what are you, 18?

Nope. And I'm not the one who's been acting like a whiny teenager in this thread.

And once again, do I need to quote where you stated that this game was nothing different and the fans expected a win?

Quote whatever the hell you want to. I said that a single digit deficit wasn't any reason for Bill Self to panic and use a full court press in the first half (which could have, and likely would have put them into an even bigger hole).

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Props to KSU. Sorry some idiots are ruining your thread. I would love to see the Big 12 pick up another championship. Be it Baylor or KSU.

Whos ruining the thread? I'm just discussing basketball :hmmm:

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow, such an apologist.

You make me sick.
Wouldn't a homer/apologist generally defend Sherron Collins and his abilities?

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope. And I'm not the one who's been acting like a whiny teenager in this thread.

Quote whatever the hell you want to. I said that a single digit deficit wasn't any reason for Bill Self to panic and use a full court press in the first half (which could have, and likely would have put them into an even bigger hole).

I'm sorry but I think you're out of your mind if you don't think that Self should have trapped and pressed in the first half.

Should he have trapped and pressed the entire first half? No. But he should have applied some pressure much earlier than he did because we all saw the results.

The bottom line is that he was outcoached and the team outplayed by a lesser talented coach and team.

Again.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
What did UNI shoot from the 3 pt line the first half?

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry but I think you're out of your mind if you don't think that Self should have trapped and pressed in the first half.

Yes, but the thing is I actually know basketball and have justified my reasoning. You don't and still haven't. That's the difference between our opinions.

But he should have applied some pressure much earlier than he did because we all saw the results.
Agreed. He should have applied more pressure earlier in the 2nd half when UNI wasn't in bonus anymore like in the 1st half.

The bottom line is that he was outcoached and the team outplayed but a lesser talented coach and team.
That's true. But what does it have to do with a KSU congrats thread?

ChiTown
Cool - a hat's off to KSU thread has turned into a KU bitch fest. What are the odds of that?

MOhillbilly
I just want all yall to know id rather eat a steamin pile of cat shit than watch a second of basketball.

Doobie rollin in the van time.

fuckin little coat.

god im fat.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
What did UNI shoot from the 3 pt line the first half?
Above .500, if I'm not mistaken. In the 2nd half, they basically missed them all...except for the last one.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Above .500, if I'm not mistaken. In the 2nd half, they basically missed them all...except for the last one.

So let me ask you this why not try and speed them up? If you put them on the line so what? I'd rather make them earn 2 than give them 3.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes, but the thing is I actually know basketball and have justified my reasoning. You don't and still haven't. That's the difference between our opinions.

Agreed. He should have applied more pressure earlier in the 2nd half when UNI wasn't in bonus anymore like in the 1st half.

I heard an interview with Gottlieb earlier in the week where the interviewer asked him if Self should have gone to a press in the first half. Gottlieb responded and said absolutely not. He said he has talked to several coaches since then that said UNI is the exact type of team you don't trap in the first half, due to many of the reasons you stated earlier.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
So let me ask you this why not try and speed them up? If you put them on the line so what? I'd rather make them earn 2 than give them 3.
What the hell do you mean "if you put them on the line so what?"

You're giving up free points instead of forcing a poor offensive team to score on one of the best defensive teams in basketball.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
What the hell do you mean "if you put them on the line so what?"

You're giving up free points instead of forcing a poor offensive team to score on one of the best defensive teams in basketball.

They weren't poor the first half at all.

KC_Connection
I heard an interview with Gottlieb earlier in the week where the interviewer asked him if Self should have gone to a press in the first half. Gottlieb responded and said absolutely not. He said he has talked to several coaches since then that said UNI is the exact type of team you don't trap in the first half, due to many of the reasons you stated earlier.
Gottlieb knows what he's talking about. One of the few people on that network that does...he should get a bigger role with ESPN.

ChiTown
Cool - a hat's off to KSU thread has turned into a KU bitch fest. What are the odds of that?

Let me answer that myself:

When your fans are so fukcing full of themselves, the odds are damn near 1:1.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
That's called a fluke. It's not like they suddenly became some great offensive team for one half and then lost it all in the 2nd.

KC_Connection

Or when Dane McCloud enters a thread.

DaneMcCloud

So you're basically stating that there was no way for KU to win?

Really?

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

They scored 36 points in the first half and 33 in the second half. Pretty even.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Or when Dane McCloud enters a thread.

Wow, your ass must be really tender.

You should see a doctor.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
That's called a fluke. It's not like they suddenly became some great offensive team for one half and then lost it all in the 2nd.

Why were they worse in the 2nd half? Ku finally got aggressive on defense.

KC_Connection
Wow, your ass must be really tender.

You should see a doctor.
Have you actually read your posts in this thread?

DaneMcCloud

I don't know, why don't you tell us? You're the one who was so butthurt over my comments that you just had to derail this thread.

Titty Meat

KSU fans aren't full of themselves they are some of the nicest fans i've met.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
So you're basically stating that there was no way for KU to win?

Really?

Uh, not that's not what I said at all.

If they could have rebounded on the defensive end worth a shit, that would have made a huge difference.

Or, if Sherron had shown up to play like he usually did, that would have made a huge difference.

Or, if played under control at different points instead of playing out of control and getting offensive fouls called, that could have made a huge difference.

ChiTown
KSU fans aren't full of themselves they are some of the nicest fans i've met.

Correct.

ArrowheadHawk
Gottlieb knows what he's talking about. One of the few people on that network that does...he should get a bigger role with ESPN.He cant even put his pants on the right way.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Have you actually read your posts in this thread?

Yes, I've read yours.

Your post essentially equate to "KU did exactly what they needed to do and everyone thought they'd win".

My posts state that Self was outcoached, his players were sleepwalking and his team outplayed by a lesser talented opponent.

For some reason, you keep defending KU, even though they lost.

As you have.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Why were they worse in the 2nd half? Ku finally got aggressive on defense.
#1. It was 36 points in the 1st half. 33 in the 2nd. Not much difference.

#2. Didn't you already read the part when I told you that KU's guards couldn't sustain playing that aggressively for that long?

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, I've read yours.

Your post essentially equate to "KU did exactly what they needed to do and everyone thought they'd win".

My posts state that Self was outcoached, his players were sleepwalking and his team outplayed by a lesser talented opponent.

For some reason, you keep defending KU, even though they lost.

As you have.

I enjoy the straw man arguments, Dane. But you're completely full of shit. Anybody who's read your posts about basketball knows that much already.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:51 AM
#1. It was 36 points in the 1st half. 33 in the 2nd. Not much difference.

#2. Didn't you already read the part when I told you that KU's guards couldn't sustain playing that aggressively for that long?

No need to be an asshole. I wasn't even suggesting they trap the whole first half just switch things up. The team was complacent switching things up for a bit wouldn't have hurt.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM

He misrepresented your position too, eh?

There's no end to this guy's douchebaggery.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
No need to be an asshole. I wasn't even suggesting they trap the whole first half just switch things up. The team was complacent switching things up for a bit wouldn't have hurt.
Actually...it could have hurt a lot. Because UNI was in the fucking bonus...as I already explained.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Actually...it could have hurt a lot. Because UNI was in the ****ing bonus...as I already explained.

And they were shooting over 50% from 3.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Atleast Martin was smart and noticed Xavier was on fire from 3 and fouled too bad Merriwether fouled while the guy was shooting.

KC_Connection
I don't know, why don't you tell us? You're the one who was so butthurt over my comments that you just had to derail this thread.
Your first post in this thread had nothing to do with KSU at all (in fact, none of them have, and I doubt you care that they won last night at all). Your only motivation here has been to insult Self and piss people off. It's getting quite old.

DaneMcCloud

If they could have rebounded on the defensive end worth a shit, that would have made a huge difference.

Or, if Sherron had shown up to play like he usually did, that would have made a huge difference.

Or, if played under control at different points instead of playing out of control and getting offensive fouls called, that could have made a huge difference.

So essentially, the blame lies at the feet of the players? Is that what you're saying?

Because it appears that that's what you're saying.

KC_Connection
And they were shooting over 50% from 3.
Which is completely irrelevant to anything at all. But nice observation.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
So essentially, the blame lies at the feet of the players? Is that what you're saying?

Because it appears that that's what you're saying.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Is this confusing?

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Your first post in this thread had nothing to do with KSU at all (in fact, none of them have, and I doubt you care that they won last night at all). Your only motivation here has been to insult Self and piss people off. It's getting quite old.

Well you know what? You're completely full of shit.

But now that I've pissed you off, sure, I'll play your game.

Self sucked ass on Saturday with his inability to adjust and the players were outplayed.

Pissed off now?

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Which is completely irrelevant to anything at all. But nice observation.

It doesn't matter that UNI shot over 50% from 3? And you say Dane doesn't know anything about basketball. You pompeous prick.

KC_Connection
Atleast Martin was smart and noticed Xavier was on fire from 3 and fouled too bad Merriwether fouled while the guy was shooting.
Wait a second...you're comparing a late game foul when up 3 points to the 1st half of UNI-KU?

WTF?

DaneMcCloud
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Is this confusing?

No, it's not confusing at all.

You, like all of the other KU apologists, refuse to blame Self for his inability to adjust.

He was outcoached, period.

Brock
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Nobody brought more ammo than Self, it's on him.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
It doesn't matter that UNI shot over 50% from 3? And you say Dane doesn't know anything about basketball.

Yes, the fact that UNI shot a fluky 50% from 3 on the strength of Jordan Eglseder making 2 lucky shots was irrelevant to Bill Self's strategy in the 1st half (and rightfully so).

You pompoeus prick.
It's spelled pompous, you ignorant nitwit.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Nobody brought more ammo than Self, it's on him.

That's not what Doomy and KC Connection have told us, and they're the experts.

LMAO

Titty Meat
Wait a second...you're comparing a late game foul when up 3 points to the 1st half of UNI-KU?

WTF?

No surprise you missed the point again.

One coach wasn't going to be beat by the 3 meanwhile the other coach allowed it. Guess which coach won?

doomy3
It doesn't matter that UNI shot over 50% from 3? And you say Dane doesn't know anything about basketball. You pompeous prick.

It really doesn't have to do with anything, billay. Teams get hot and hit threes. KSU wasn't playing soft D last night, but there were three guys playing for Xavier that caught fire.

It isn't like KU was sitting back in a soft zone giving UNI open threes. They were hitting shots against our man to man defense, which is and has been the bread and butter for KU.

DaneMcCloud
Yes, the fact that UNI shot a fluky 50% from 3 on the strength of Jordan Egsleder making 2 lucky shots was irrelevant to Bill Self's strategy in the 1st half (and rightfully so).

You sure are concerned that this is a K-State thread.

You're a phony.

Titty Meat
Yes, the fact that UNI shot a fluky 50% from 3 on the strength of Jordan Egsleder making 2 lucky shots was irrelevant to Bill Self's strategy in the 1st half (and rightfully so).

I'm surprised you have time to correct my grammar between playing basketball coach and stroking your online ego.

ROYC75
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM

# 2 is pretty much spot on ...........

Titty Meat
The asshurt of this guy is so big you can't even have a civil convo about basketball.

Brock
That's not what Doomy and KC Connection have told us, and they're the experts.

LMAO

This is how college basketball is, the coaches are the stars, they're the ones who get the big checks when they win championships. When they have the best team by far and come up short, it's on them.

DeezNutz
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
No need to overreact to one game, which is is what it was.

Could Self have coached better? Yeah, and I'm sure he would admit as much.

Could the players have performed better? Absolutely.

KU lost because of a combination of the two. It's oooookkkkkkaaaay. The program didn't turn to shit, and Self didn't suddenly become anything less than an elite coach. They'll be back, and I'd bet a lot of money that KU will win at least 1 additional NC under Self's watch.

Now, congrats again, KSU fans. You should be ridiculously proud of your program.

doomy3
If anything, blame Self for a poor offensive gameplan if you want. We couldn't get anything going offensively because UNI doesn't allow guards to drive past them, and guys like Sherron and Taylor couldn't adjust.

KC_Connection
No surprise you missed the point again.

One coach wasn't going to be beat by the 3 meanwhile the other coach allowed it. Guess which coach won?
Holy shit. For you to even make such an analogy in your head between two completely different situations...it's just amazing to me. Have you ever watched basketball for any length of time at all? Do you have any concept of how to coach or how to play the sport?

ROYC75
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
It really doesn't have to do with anything, billay. Teams get hot and hit threes. KSU wasn't playing soft D last night, but there were three guys playing for Xavier that caught fire.

It isn't like KU was sitting back in a soft zone giving UNI open threes. They were hitting shots against our man to man defense, which is and has been the bread and butter for KU.

Problem is the hates got fed well when KU lost and are still feeding off of it.

I have pretty much ignored most of them, too many to argue with.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Congrats, Cats. :thumb:

Good-luck the rest of the way. :toast:

ChiTown
03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Before this get's completely lost THAT THIS IS A TIP OF THE HAT TO KSU AND NOT A REHASH OF THE KU-UNI GAME, thanks for the KUDOS!

Sure-Oz
03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
KSU thread turned KU wtf?

Congrats Cats, keep making the big 12 proud

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm surprised you have time to correct my grammar between playing basketball coach and stroking your online ego.
Why have you chosen to debate with me on an issue that you so clearly know absolutely nothing about?

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
This is how college basketball is, the coaches are the stars, they're the ones who get the big checks when they win championships. When they have the best team by far and come up short, it's on them.

I absolutely agree.

But KC Connection and Doomy3 have laid the blame at the feet of the players and defended Self's inability or unwillingness to change his game plan, thus resulting in another tournament loss to a Missouri Valley team.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Why have you chosen to debate with me on an issue that you so clearly know absolutely nothing about?

You never played basketball. Now quit trying to derail the K-state thread.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:06 PM
You sure are concerned that this is a K-State thread.

You're a phony.
This thread was ruined a long time ago by your weak shit, Dane. I'm only following up.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
But KC Connection and Doomy3 have laid the blame at the feet of the players and defended Self's inability or unwillingness to change his game plan, thus resulting in another tournament loss to a Missouri Valley team.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Right...well except for the fact that I've blamed Self repeatedly for several things he could have/should have done in many threads over the last few days. But let's just ignore reality and continue building up straw men.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
This thread was ruined a long time ago by your weak shit, Dane. I'm only following up.

LMAO

Wow.

SO butthurt!

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Right...well except for the fact that I've blamed Self repeatedly for several things he could have/should have done in many threads over the last few days. But let's just ignore reality and continue building up straw men.

I don't think you know what 'Straw Man" means, but thanks for playing.

I'm sure we'll be able to re-hash this same exact conversation when KU is beat in the first round by Creighton in the 2011 tournament.

LMAO

The funny thing is that I'm a KU basketball fan to the core, living 2000 miles away. I have to PAY, out of pocket, to watch their games during the season and in the tournament, yet I'm being labeled as a hater by a dumbfuck who "claims" to be a student at KU.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
You never played basketball. Now quit trying to derail the K-state thread.
I'm still trying to understand what a Nebraska football fan with no basketball knowledge is even doing in this thread.

Saulbadguy
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Good, send me my money !

Got paypal yet?

doomy3
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
The difference in the outcomes between the KU/UNI game and the SKU/Xavier game is that KSU's clutch player(s) played clutch, and KU's shit the bed.

Every time KSU needed a play, Pullen and Clemente came up big last night.

Sherron didn't do what he had done all season.

If Pullen doesn't make those two huge threes in double overtime last night, does that somehow make Frank Martin less of a coach? That's how absurd these arguments are.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm still trying to understand what a Nebraska football fan with no basketball knowledge is even doing in this thread.

Giving props to K-state thats what the thread is about dumbass.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:13 PM
LMAO

Wow.

SO butthurt!

Dude, I'm not the guy who's spent the last hour trying to defend his idiotic posts and moronic suggestions about basketball in an attempt to maintain his reputation on this board.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Giving props to K-state thats what the thread is about dumbass.
Could you point me to where Dane McCloud did that?

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Dude, I'm not the guy who's spent the last hour trying to defend his idiotic posts and moronic suggestions about basketball in an attempt to maintain his reputation on this board.

Excuse me?

That would be YOU.

The mere fact that you're implying that Self wasn't outcoached and the players weren't outplayed is hilarious.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM

This thread isn't about Dane, Ku, or Nebraska football. Can you please stay on topic?

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Right here, Fuckstick. Very first reply.

I hope you're paying better attention in class than you have in this thread.

As much as I'm happy for the Cats

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't think you know what 'Straw Man" means, but thanks for playing.
Considering most of your posts have consisted of intentionally misrepresenting other people's positions including my own, I should probably be asking you that question.

I'm sure we'll be able to re-hash this same exact conversation when KU is beat in the first round by Creighton in the 2011 tournament.

LMAO

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to prove with this statement. Do you want to fire Self and replace him with somebody more successful before the next upset loss? If so, who?

The funny thing is that I'm a KU basketball fan to the core, living 2000 miles away. I have to PAY, out of pocket, to watch their games during the season and in the tournament, yet I'm being labeled as a hater by a dumb**** who "claims" to be a student at KU.
Anybody who bashes one of the best coaches in the NCAA blindly without any real reasoning or justification is a moronic hater. I don't give a shit whether you pay out of pocket to watch the games, you still apparently have no idea about the fucking sport.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Right here, ****stick. Very first reply.

Why don't you post the rest of that? You know...how you proceeded to just rant about Self for the rest of the post?

And the sad thing is, that wasn't even your first post in this thread. The first one gave no mention to KSU at all. It was just more whiny Self bashing.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Excuse me?
That would be YOU.

Dane, I have no reputation to keep up here. That's you. I just enjoy making a douche like you regret posting nonsensical shit.

The mere fact that you're implying that Self wasn't outcoached and the players weren't outplayed is hilarious.
Except, I already agreed that the players were outplayed more than once (in fact, that's been my main premise since we started arguing), and I said that Self was outcoached numerous times (and I even gave criticisms about what he could have done better).

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Dane, I have no reputation to keep up here. That's you. I just enjoy making a douche like you regret posting nonsensical shit.

The only person that looks like a "Douche" in this thread is you, for not letting it go. And nonsensical?

LMAO

You again.

Oh, and Doomy3, but he always looks like a douche.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The only person that looks like a "Douche" in this thread is you, for not letting it go. And nonsensical?

LMAO

You again.

Oh, and Doomy3, but he always looks like a douche.

You live in some kind of an alternate reality world, that's for sure.

|Zach|
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Seriously, do you have anything to add to conversation?

If not, shut the **** up.

You are right. I have added nothing to the thread that I created.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
You are right. I have added nothing to the thread that I created.

Um, you certainly didn't involved, other than to bash me.

And believe me, I won't forget it, Zach.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
The only person that looks like a "Douche" in this thread is you, for not letting it go.
Look who's still posting and making a fool of himself.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
California, haven't you heard? :)

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM

It's a world where you stalk me like a member of the Beatles.

It's a world in which I say "White", and you say "Black", even though it's clearly white.

It's a world where you've been called out by multiple members for acting like nothing more than my own personal critic, with absolutely nothing to add.

It's a world where you're a fucking asshole with nothing to add, so you attack me.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Look who's still posting and making a fool of himself.

Wow, apparently I have two stalkers in this thread because clearly, you're so obsessed with proving me wrong that you just can't let it go.

Why am I not surprised?

doomy3
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Wow, apparently I have two stalkers in this thread because clearly, you're so obsessed with proving me wrong that you just can't let it go.

Why am I not surprised?

No one has had to prove you wrong in this thread, Dane.

doomy3
03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
It's a world where you stalk me like a member of the Beatles.

It's a world in which I say "White", and you say "Black", even though it's clearly white.

It's a world where you've been called out by multiple members for acting like nothing more than my own personal critic, with absolutely nothing to add.

It's a world where you're a ****ing asshole with nothing to add, so you attack me.

You keep repeating the same tire rhetoric in every thread, even though in those threads I am adding things that have to do with the conversation. In fact, I simply dispute the facts, and leave the attacking to you.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
You keep repeating the same tire rhetoric in every thread, even though in those threads I am adding things that have to do with the conversation. In fact, I simply dispute the facts, and leave the attacking to you.

Bullshit.

If that's the case, then I dare you to NEVER respond to anything I post in the future, okay?

I'm absolutely certain that you can't do it because without me, Mecca, et al, you've got nothing to say.

Earthling
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Hell of a game !!

doomy3
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Bullshit.

If that's the case, then I dare you to NEVER respond to anything I post in the future, okay?

I'm absolutely certain that you can't do it because without me, Mecca, et al, you've got nothing to say.

Well, if you didn't post things that aren't true, then I wouldn't respond to you. I don't typically quote posts with "This" or repeat the same thing just to have my voice heard. However, when someone is posting bullshit, I will question them.

And BTW, I'm certain there are many on this board who would do the same thing, but they don't want to get drug into tired debates with you where you turn everything into attacks at the first sign of weakness.

But, I'm done with this thread.

Congrats KSU on the huge win last night and best of luck to you for the rest of the tournament. Sorry this thread turned into what it did.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM

Why am I not surprised?

I don't have to prove you wrong. You still haven't made a point, other than whining aimlessly about Bill Self in a KSU Wildcat thread.

Lzen
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
See this is pretty funny. You always go on and on about how stupid people are for their football takes and how people that don't know what they are talking about and should shut the hell up. The guy responds to you with a bunch of actual basketball centric reasons he disagreed with you and this is how you respond.

Good work man.

:clap:

Mr. Plow
03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Fire Bill Self!!!11!!!1!!!

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Fire Bill Self!!!11!!!1!!!
Dane is among the lowest common denominator of KU fans, it seems.

|Zach|
03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
And believe me, I won't forget it, Zach.
LMAO

I think we are the only people that look like idiots in this thread. You for making it a Bill Self bitch fest and me for actually defending you in other threads saying you didn't attack people for no reason.

ChiTown
03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Disgraceful

mikeyis4dcats.
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM

Why am I not surprised?

why don't you both shut the fuck up? Put each other on ignore, it's not like the rest of us want to hear anything either of you fucking is bitching about.

ChiTown
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
why don't you both shut the **** up? Put each other on ignore, it's not like the rest of us want to hear anything either of you ****ing is bitching about.

On behalf of everyone,

THIS

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Even when you try to call out douches for wrecking a thread, you get tied in as one of them. Lesson learned, I guess.

HemiEd
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM

I pull for all three of them, and always have. Now when they play each other, that is a different story.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 01:53 PM
LMAO

I think we are the only people that look like idiots in this thread. You for making it a Bill Self bitch fest and me for actually defending you in other threads saying you didn't attack people for no reason.

Zach, this guy KC Connection, called me out and sent me a neg rep before I said a word.

Once again, it was not me that called someone out first.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 01:54 PM
:clap:

Good work? Really?

Is this because he said something that you've been unwilling or unable, due to your intelligence level, to say in the past 10 years?

Seriously Brad, I'm shocked that you're gainfully employed because quite honestly, my Labradors are more intelligent than you.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Now the douche is lying to defend his online reputation. Not surprising.

Dane, you neg repped me first after I called you out. In fact, your negative rep was only the 2nd negative rep I've had in a year and a half.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Dane is among the lowest common denominator of KU fans, it seems.

Where did I say that Self should be fired?

Seriously, I am absolutely shocked at the level of butt hurt that exists among so-called KU fans.

Apparently, completely valid criticism of the program is completely off limits to some, which in my opinion, is completely asinine.

But I guess I shouldn't expect more from a supposed KU student.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
why don't you both shut the fuck up? Put each other on ignore, it's not like the rest of us want to hear anything either of you fucking is bitching about.

Trust me, I'm with you.

He follows me around in each and every thread I post.

Believe me when I tell you that it's far more annoying for me than it is for you.

HemiEd
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
So, you're telling us all that Bill Self coached his ass off and put his players in a position to win this past weekend?

LMAO

Sure, that's the player's faults.

:rolleyes:

I was driving at the time, and listening to the game on Sirius radio. But the major mistake I thought he made was:

Self calling a time out, when UNI was inbounding the ball, when KU had stolen the ball 3 or 4 straight times when UNI tried to inbound it. There was no longer any room for error, and of course NI was able to draw up a play to inbound the ball.

Dane, also when I first saw the bracket, I knew UNI would give KU a hard road, as they match up with them extremely well.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Where did I say that Self should be fired?

I had asked you that question twice and you didn't bother to answer it. What am I to think? That you are just whining about Bill Self aimlessly for no reason? Or that you actually had a point to all the whining? Which is more respectable?

But I guess I shouldn't expect more from a supposed KU student.
Yes, because I would lie about going to KU. I suppose you have a theory on that, too?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Trust me, I'm with you.

He follows me around in each and every thread I post.

Believe me when I tell you that it's far more annoying for me than it is for you.

wrong. I think you enjoy it. The rest of us don't. Put him on ignore or just fucking ignore him if you REALLY hate it.

Mr. Plow
03-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Self really should have game planned for the big goofy white guy that shot 11% from 3 point line for the year to go 2-2 from 3. Both shots were uncontested as Aldrich was 7 feet away in the lane. He really should of had someone on him at all times.

KC_Connection
And if you actually think KU will lose to a school like Creighton in the 1st round next year, your opinion of Self obviously isn't too high. So why not fire him? Just trying to understand your rationale here.

DaneMcCloud
I had asked you that question twice and you didn't bother to answer it. What am I to think? That you are just whining about Bill Self aimlessly for no reason? Or that you actually had a point to all the whining? Which is more respectable?

In which of your condescending posts did you ask this question?

And furthermore, how can it be called aimless, when I've stated that he's now lost three times in the NCAA's while failing to live up to his seed?

All you've done is provide excuses as to why they didn't win or why he didn't change his game-plan. The bottom line is that the guy seriously needs to re-evaluate how he coaches come tournament time because it's obviously an issue for him.

Oh sorry, valid criticisms are off-limits.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
KU-UNI excuse thread is

========================>

That Way.

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
wrong. I think you enjoy it. The rest of us don't. Put him on ignore or just fucking ignore him if you REALLY hate it.

No, I do not enjoy it.

I don't like putting people on ignore because ultimately, I see their quotes so it's useless.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
In which of your condescending posts did you ask this question?

And furthermore, how can it be called aimless, when I've stated that he's now lost three times in the NCAA's while failing to live up to his seed?

All you've done is provide excuses as to why they didn't win or why he didn't change his game-plan. The bottom line is that the guy seriously needs to re-evaluate how he coaches come tournament time because it's obviously an issue for him.

Oh sorry, valid criticisms are off-limits.

I make more criticisms of KU's players and Bill Self than anybody. The difference is I do it without whining like a little bitch and I do it in an appropriate thread. You are apparently incapable of that.

KC_Connection
03-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Self really should have game planned for the big goofy white guy that shot 11% from 3 point line for the year to go 2-2 from 3. Both shots were uncontested as Aldrich was 7 feet away in the lane. He really should of had someone on him at all times.
Dude, he should have implemented the full court press in the first half when UNI was in bonus! That would have saved us. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I make more criticisms of KU's players and Bill Self than anybody. The difference is I do it without whining like a little bitch and I do it in an appropriate thread. You are apparently incapable of that.

Yeah, sure you do. You haven't been "bitching" about me all day, have you?

And you're the buttfuck that derailed this thread, but apparently, you just cannot stop responding.

The butthurt runs deep, doesn't it?