PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright's New Mock

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Chiefs take Bulaga....with Berry, and even Okung still on the board.

Nate Allen with 2a
Golden Tate with 2b

Mecca
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
On the forum over there the other day, they had a huge debate about the Chiefs.

Basically anyone who's not a Chiefs fan was saying if we as Chiefs fans think we're taking Berry we're fooling ourselves. A safety means nothing if your QB is getting ripped apart then they went to that whole "protect the QB get to the QB" stuff.

And Wright himself said "A good OT is worth more than a great safety"

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
the game is won in the trenches

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
the game is won in the trenches

So what's the Chiefs excuse over the last 30 or so years?

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
So what's the Chiefs excuse over the last 30 or so years?

too many things to list.
I was merely making a true statement.

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Games are won by the guy under center, the Chiefs numerous times had better teams and were better in the trenches and got beat by the team with the better QB, you'd think it would have been learned by now.

Direckshun
03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Was this the needs based pick?

He releases three over the offseason, right?

The value, the needs-based, and then his educated guess as to how it will fall out?

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Basically everyone thinks the Chiefs are taking an OT other than Chiefs fans, he gave us Bulaga because of the tree connection.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Games are won by the guy under center, the Chiefs numerous times had better teams and were better in the trenches and got beat by the team with the better QB, you'd think it would have been learned by now.

Yeah sure is but he can't win anything without a quality OL.
Just like on defense you got to have a good line or it isn't going to matter.

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM
That's nice, why does it require the top 5 pick, you know there's more than 1 pick to use.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:20 PM
That's nice, why does it require the top 5 pick, you know there's more than 1 pick to use.
Is this question directed at me?

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Sure since you seemed fine with using that pick on an OT.

Ebolapox
03-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah sure is but he can't win anything without a quality OL.
Just like on defense you got to have a good line or it isn't going to matter.

good qbs make average to slightly above average offensive lines look better. the colts o-line is average. so is the patriot's line. same with the steeler's line. AVERAGE. they don't have two first-rounders THAT THEY DRAFTED on their lines, but we all of the sudden HAVE to have two? jesus fucking christ this fanbase is dense.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Sure since you seemed fine with using that pick on an OT.
No I don't feel the need to use the #5 on OL at all. If they do then I will be fine with it as long as they contribute immediately. If we go DL I will be fine with that as well.
I believe that the big uglies are where the game is won and or lost. Because that is where control of the game is located.
If they draft Berry I would be cool with that. Bryant would be fine too.
I just want immediate impact and improvement for my favorite team!

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Man some of you need to calm down a little and stop being so jumpy. Some of you guys seem very defensive about your thoughts and desires.

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Immediate impact isn't always the best thing for what the team should do...most rookie QB's don't have immediate impact notice how we fucked that up...

Just being ok with it because hey they can play right now is a bad view, this team is bad any player is going to be better than the guy we have, so that's not a good view.

Direckshun
03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Man some of you need to calm down a little and stop being so jumpy. Some of you guys seem very defensive about your thoughts and desires.

SHUT UP COCK FACE

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
good qbs make average to slightly above average offensive lines look better. the colts o-line is average. so is the patriot's line. same with the steeler's line. AVERAGE. they don't have two first-rounders THAT THEY DRAFTED on their lines, but we all of the sudden HAVE to have two? jesus ****ing christ this fanbase is dense.

Uh Peyton Manning is a one of a kind!!!!!
Roethlisberger is not a prototypical QB either. Not to mention in Pittsburgh Offense is second to Defense. James Harrison's interception of Warner is what won the SuperBowl. Not Roethlisberger to Holmes in the last seconds of the game. If Cards score there that is a 14 point swing for them not the Steelers. And reguardless of that the Steelers still needed that pass to win.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Immediate impact isn't always the best thing for what the team should do...most rookie QB's don't have immediate impact notice how we ****ed that up...

Just being ok with it because hey they can play right now is a bad view, this team is bad any player is going to be better than the guy we have, so that's not a good view.

You are not my football counselor. LOL
I am glad you have an opinion. IMO you are just stuck on one position.
We need improvement all over. If you can't handle what the team does maybe you need a football counselor. LOL
You do realize none of this is up to you. So you are wasting time, effort, and self created anxiety over it.

Mecca
03-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Taking positions that aren't valuable when you have very high picks is a surefire way to doom yourself.

If the Chiefs use back to back top 5 picks on a 3-4 end and a RT Scott Pioli deserves to be fired.

cabletech94
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Taking positions that aren't valuable when you have very high picks is a surefire way to doom yourself.

If the Chiefs use back to back top 5 picks on a 3-4 end and a RT Scott Pioli deserves to be fired.

agreed. or is it THIS.

DrRyan
03-26-2010, 08:28 PM
You are not my football counselor. LOL
I am glad you have an opinion. IMO you are just stuck on one position.
We need improvement all over. If you can't handle what the team does maybe you need a football counselor. LOL
You do realize none of this is up to you. So you are wasting time, effort, and self created anxiety over it.

Actually it appears he is not stuck on one position. He seems to be saying, and I agree, that using a top 5 pick on a RT is ****ing retarded. Same thing for using a top five pick in three consecutive years on the DL.

There really is no argument for passing on the best player available at #5 regardless of where he plays. If they feel Berry or Clausen is the BPA at #5 there is NO argument against taking them. It does not matter where they play on the field. Unfortunately I don't think they will rate either of them as their BPA...

As has been said ad freakin' nauseum in this thread and many others, how many playoff games did the best line in the league win in the last twenty years? ONE! How many Super Bowls in the last twenty years have top tier QBs won? Damn near every single one sans the Trent Dilfer Ravens and the Brad Johnson Bucs.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Immediate impact isn't always the best thing for what the team should do...most rookie QB's don't have immediate impact notice how we ****ed that up...

It won't bother me if they take Clausen or Bradford if one is there. I don't think they will. I think they will give Cassel one more season.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
There really is no argument for passing on the best player available at #5 regardless of where he plays. If they feel Berry or Clausen is the BPA at #5 there is NO argument against taking them. It does not matter where they play on the field. Unfortunately I don't think they will rate either of them as their BPA...

That is basicly what I have stated BPA. Whether that is OL, DL, QB, S because of Berry. If they get a good enough offer and want to trade down to get a couple of other picks because we have a lot of needs and they don't want to use it on any of the players at #5.

MoreLemonPledge
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
A good team is balanced. As Chiefs fans, we should be acutely aware. We had the best defense and didn't win a playoff game. We had the best offense and didn't win a playoff game.

We need players on both sides of the ball. Our first round pick alone won't decide the fate of this team.

Chiefs=Champions
03-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Its gonna be very humerous if we take Berry or Clausen and the media starts ripping on us for not taking a OT.....

milkman
03-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Uh Peyton Manning is a one of a kind!!!!!
Roethlisberger is not a prototypical QB either. Not to mention in Pittsburgh Offense is second to Defense. James Harrison's interception of Warner is what won the SuperBowl. Not Roethlisberger to Holmes in the last seconds of the game. If Cards score there that is a 14 point swing for them not the Steelers. And reguardless of that the Steelers still needed that pass to win.

Matt Shaub must be one of a kind, also.

spanky 52
03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
A good team is balanced. As Chiefs fans, we should be acutely aware. We had the best defense and didn't win a playoff game. We had the best offense and didn't win a playoff game.

We need players on both sides of the ball. Our first round pick alone won't decide the fate of this team.

I agree with this but when you get players like the Chief's got in the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th rounds in 2009, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the hierarchy at 1 Arrowhead Dr.

Coogs
03-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I agree with this but when you get players like the Chief's got in the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th rounds in 2009, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the hierarchy at 1 Arrowhead Dr.

I think it may be a bit early to write those 4 players off. Expecially Washington and Brown. Washington came in late due to that stupid rule that doesn't allow players to participate in practice until college is dismissed. And the offensive line guru's said Brown hade some solid performances at G in the pre-season games last year.

spanky 52
03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I think it may be a bit early to write those 4 players off. Expecially Washington and Brown. Washington came in late due to that stupid rule that doesn't allow players to participate in practice until college is dismissed. And the offensive line guru's said Brown hade some solid performances at G in the pre-season games last year.

I hope your right Coogs and I will be glad to eat some crow if some of those picks pan out. What frustrates me so is when you look at some of the players selected after each one of the Chief's picks in each round, you find players that contributed in their rookie years for their respective teams.

milkman
03-27-2010, 08:55 AM

It may be a bit early, true.

However, a team as talent void as the Chiefs shouldn't be picking projects in the mid rounds.
They should be picking guys that can contribute immediately.

Coogs
03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
It may be a bit early, true.

However, a team as talent void as the Chiefs shouldn't be picking projects in the mid rounds.
They should be picking guys that can contribute immediately.

I agree. Which make the selection of McGee even more of a head scratcher than Washington and Brown in many ways. This offseason gives Washington and brown a real chance to make a move into the lineup in a more positive fashion. McGee on the other hand was picked way to high IMO to be exclusively a backup.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Our team went to pure shit when Willie Roaf retired. Trent was a good QB ,but when we lost Willie Trent had to scramble and eventually got killed. LJ was a stud then, but when Willie retired he was THE SUCK. We NEED that big stud at tackle. If Odung isn't it and Albert isn't it we need to trade for one.

Ralphy Boy
03-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Basically everyone thinks the Chiefs are taking an OT other than Chiefs fans, he gave us Bulaga because of the tree connection.

And how many Iowa players has Pioli drafted in the past? I believe the answer is: Not a single one.

Its gonna be very humerous when we take anyone other than an OT and the media starts ripping on us for not taking a OT.....

FYP

Titty Meat
03-27-2010, 04:55 PM
On the forum over there the other day, they had a huge debate about the Chiefs.

Basically anyone who's not a Chiefs fan was saying if we as Chiefs fans think we're taking Berry we're fooling ourselves. A safety means nothing if your QB is getting ripped apart then they went to that whole "protect the QB get to the QB" stuff.

And Wright himself said "A good OT is worth more than a great safety"

The same line that gave up 6 sacks the last 8 games?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
The same line that gave up 6 sacks the last 8 games?

Is that true ? Of course we played the Broncos twice so that distorts things.