PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Path to the Draft Mock

Coogs
03-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Bucky Brooks was the Mocker yesterday, and this is how he sees it shaping up in the top ten.

1. Bradford - Rams
2. Okung - Lions
3. McCoy - Bucs
4. T. Williams - Skins
5. Buaga - Chiefs
6. Suh - Seahawks
7. Berry - Browns
8. Davis - Raiders
9. Clausen - Bills
10. McClain - Jags

I will fill in the question marks in an hour or so when they replay the show this morning.

RealSNR
03-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I assume that's Trent Williams to the Redskins. Or is it Dan Williams?

Either way Bucky Brooks should go stick his tiny wiener in a light socket

Coogs
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
I assume that's Trent Williams to the Redskins. Or is it Dan Williams?

Either way Bucky Brooks should go stick his tiny wiener in a light socket

Trent. Went back and updated that pick.

Bearcat2005
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Seriously if our pick went down this way I would just turn it off.

Coogs
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Full Top 10 is up now. Sorry for the alzheimers moment.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Bucky Brooks is a fucking idiot.

milkman
03-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Bucky Brooks is a ****ing idiot.

So, you're saying he'd fit right in around here?

The Bad Guy
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank god I put more stock in Voyager's mock drafts than Bucky Brooks.

This whole Pioli-Ferentz connection shit is out of fucking control.

You know how many Iowa players BB has drafted since 1999?

Fucking one.

Mike Elgin a guard in the 7th round of the 2007 draft.

All of these narrowminded fucking idiots continue to talk out of their asses. The worst part is it has spread to every single mock drafter.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Thank god I put more stock in Voyager's mock drafts than Bucky Brooks.

This whole Pioli-Ferentz connection shit is out of ****ing control.

You know how many Iowa players BB has drafted since 1999?

****ing one.

Mike Elgin a guard in the 7th round of the 2007 draft.

All of these narrowminded ****ing idiots continue to talk out of their asses. The worst part is it has spread to every single mock drafter.

Ferentz connection is a little overrated but he has drafted quite a few Saban and Pat Hill players.

Cosmos
03-27-2010, 11:30 AM
This whole Pioli-Ferentz connection shit is out of ****ing control.

All of these narrowminded ****ing idiots continue to talk out of their asses. The worst part is it has spread to every single mock drafter.

Obviously they have picked up on how Pioli operates.

The QB is X-NE. The supposed leader of the defense is X-NE, the free agent signings are players with ties, the coaches are X-NE, even the asst. coaches.

I agree Baluga (sp?) would be a shitty choice, but don't blame the media for looking at a player who somehow has ties to the "tree" and believing that it's extremely likely that could be the way Pioli will go.

They believe, what we fans bitch about all the time. Familularity over rules talent.

The Bad Guy
03-27-2010, 11:30 AM
;)Ferentz connection is a little overrated but he has drafted quite a few Saban and Pat Hill players.

Marquese Hill, Jarvis Green, and Rohan Davey were the LSU players taken.

Logan Mandkins and James Sanders are the only 2 Pat Hill players that the Patriots drafted since BB got there.

I would say any connection to Pioli and BB to a college coach is complete bullshit.

The Bad Guy
03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Obviously they have picked up on how Pioli operates.

The QB is X-NE. The supposed leader of the defense is X-NE, the free agent signings are players with ties, the coaches are X-NE, even the asst. coaches.

I agree Baluga (sp?) would be a shitty choice, but don't blame the media for looking at a player who somehow has ties to the "tree" and believing that it's extremely likely that could be the way Pioli will go.

They believe, what we fans bitch about all the time. Familularity over rules talent.

What have they picked up on? Pioli has drafted 3 players from his Saban connection and 2 from Pat Hill in the 9 drafts he had there.

6 players from Saban, Hill and Ferentz with Mandkins being the highest drafted at 28 in the first round.

Saying Bulaga will be the pick because he plays for a coach Pioli has a connection to is pure and complete nonsense.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM
;)

Marquese Hill, Jarvis Green, and Rohan Davey were the LSU players taken.

Logan Mandkins and James Sanders are the only 2 Pat Hill players that the Patriots drafted since BB got there.

I would say any connection to Pioli and BB to a college coach is complete bullshit.

Well shit I could have swore it was higher. Rep.

Coogs
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM
With the 5th pick of the draft, we get the 3rd O-lineman. If it does break out this way, there surely is some team out there that would want to move up for Suh. Not sure just who, but you would think the trade down scenarios would exist in our favor, and not a trade down for a song and a dance.

DrRyan
03-27-2010, 12:53 PM
With the 5th pick of the draft, we get the 3rd O-lineman. If it does break out this way, there surely is some team out there that would want to move up for Suh. Not sure just who, but you would think the trade down scenarios would exist in our favor, and not a trade down for a song and a dance.

I agree. It is hard to imagine taking the third O lineman off the board in what is considered by many, a weak OL draft class.

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2010, 03:46 PM
There's no way that Pioli would take an offensive lineman, especially Baluga, over Dan Williams.

Williams completes his defensive line and with Romeo coaching them, I'm sure Pioli will have high expectations of their performance.

This team gave up a massive amount of yards on the ground. I just can't see Pioli ignoring that.

Mecca
03-27-2010, 03:51 PM
But that's a ton of money to invest in 1 position that's why most give us the OL over the DL.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
He probably has 1 thru 3 correct and then he went full retard.

Ralphy Boy
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
But that's a ton of money to invest in 1 position that's why most give us the OL over the DL.

Pioli/BB drafted Wilfork & Warren in back-to-back years. Between them and Seymour, he spent 3 firsts on the d-line over a 4 year span.

I don't think he's too concerned about the amount of money he invests in the D-line.

Ralphy Boy
03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
There's no way that Pioli would take an offensive lineman, especially Baluga, over Dan Williams.

Williams completes his defensive line and with Romeo coaching them, I'm sure Pioli will have high expectations of their performance.

This team gave up a massive amount of yards on the ground. I just can't see Pioli ignoring that.

Agreed on Williams, yet we also were the worst team in the league in sacks in 2008 and he ignored that in the 2009 draft.

Ralphy Boy
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
He probably has 1 thru 3 correct and then he went full retard.

I can't see Detroit passing on Suh. Going back to 2000, they've spent 3 first round picks on the o-line and a total of 11 first round picks on offense, compared to only 1 on defense. They drafted Cherilous in 2008 and he's manning the RT spot while Backus (2001 first rounder) is playing LT.

They have the worst defense in the league and a defensive minded coach.

Mecca
03-27-2010, 09:16 PM
The difference is they weren't back to back to back top 5 picks, Seymour was I believe 8 Warren was 12 or 13 and Wilfork was 20, that is not even close to the same money that 3 top 5 guy's would make.

DumbHillbillies
03-27-2010, 11:09 PM
This makes me feel better, too many people having us taking buluga so no way we take him.