PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Grilling Salmon Burgers...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Bought some of the frozen salmon burger patties from Sam's...

Had them before at a relatives place, and they were great. This is my first time grilling them...how do you tell they are 'done' when you are grilling them?

RJ
03-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I've never grilled salmon but I do grill seafood regularly. I'd probably do about 5 minutes on the first side and maybe 2 minutes after you flip. You'll probably be able to tell by the feel - firmer is more done - but if that doesn't work you can always peek.

Sometimes there just aren't exact answers.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I've never grilled salmon but I do grill seafood regularly. I'd probably do about 5 minutes on the first side and maybe 2 minutes after you flip. You'll probably be able to tell by the feel - firmer is more done - but if that doesn't work you can always peek.

Sometimes there just aren't exact answers.

Cool...I was just curious if there is a 'color' that can serve as an indicator when it is done...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Are they a steak or a ground pattie?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Are they a steak or a ground pattie?

Ground Pattie

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Ground Pattie

best indicator would be temperature. get a meat thermometer (instant read preferred)

RJ
03-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Cool...I was just curious if there is a 'color' that can serve as an indicator when it is done...

I think it's more of a texture than a color.

I meant to say I've never grilled salmon burgers before, but I've grilled plenty of salmon. It's a quick process.

I've never used a meat thermometer for fish.....I wouldn't even know what temp to look for.

Just remember.....you can throw em back on to cook more if they're underdone.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-28-2010, 07:04 PM

There is . If they are black then they are done,!

Groves
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
How'd they turn out? Anyone dead yet?

googlegoogle
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
grilled fish is the best.

KCFANinNC
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
You will see the little fat drops start to come out, similar to how blood pools on cooked steaks.

I get them form Trader Joes. They are great by themselves, or chopped on a salad.

Simply Red
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
You will see the little fat drops start to come out, similar to how blood pools on cooked steaks.

I get them form Trader Joes. They are great by themselves, or chopped on a salad.

that's not fat, it's solidified blood, - honest.

Simply Red
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
other meats will omit those white/beige beads of a pasty matter, thats ALWAYS cooked blood, basically.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
turned out pretty good!

Grilled them for about 5 minutes each side. May up it a minute or two as they were a little rare...but I will be grilling more for sure in the near future!

Simply Red
03-29-2010, 01:17 PM
turned out pretty good!

Grilled them for about 5 minutes each side. May up it a minute or two as they were a little rare...but I will be grilling more for sure in the near future!

yeah, when grilling, remember; 'thickness' is sort of your natural timer, it requires some practice, but it's true w/ most all meats. :)