PDA

View Full Version : Rolando McClain???

ChiefMojo
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I know to many it may be a reach to take McClain at #5, but there is parts of me that think he will be the pick in the end.

Much like last Draft, we took Tyson Jackson because he was the only real 5-Tech in the 1st round. Now we enter this Draft and the ILB position is quite weak overall. McClain looks to be the only 1st round quality ILB. One assumes he would probably be at best value around the 10-15 spot in the Draft. As we already know Pioli has shown to not be afraid to reach for a player of need. Berry might be the BPA, but McClain isn't that much off in that department.

I want Eric Berry as much as the next person, but I just have the feeling the Chiefs might be eying McClain in the end. There are some quality Safeties in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round areas.

Dave Lane
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
I know to many it may be a reach to take McClain at #5, but there is parts of me that think he will be the pick in the end.

Much like last Draft, we took Tyson Jackson because he was the only real 5-Tech in the 1st round. Now we enter this Draft and the ILB position is quite weak overall. McClain looks to be the only 1st round quality ILB. One assumes he would probably be at best value around the 10-15 spot in the Draft. As we already know Pioli has shown to not be afraid to reach for a player of need. Berry might be the BPA, but McClain isn't that much off in that department.

I want Eric Berry as much as the next person, but I just have the feeling the Chiefs might be eying McClain in the end. There are some quality Safeties in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round areas.

I wouldn't take him in the 5th round let alone the 5th pick. Dude is toast I wouldn't want him at all. Anyone that knows his issues knows he could be forced to quit football at any time.

Dave Lane
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
And yes I would take him before the 5th round but some other team would roll the dice long before I would

Nightfyre
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Did time just go backwards 6 weeks?

Quesadilla Joe
03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
If the Chiefs reach at any position it will be at NT IMO.

BigChiefFan
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
I like McClain, but not at 5.

doomy3
03-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Hell, no.

BIG K
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
If the Chiefs reach at any position it will be at NT IMO.

This. Unless they trade down, they will be reaching either way.....

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
He won't fall that far....but I'd take him in the 2nd-3rd round range.

salame
03-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I would rather reach for Dan Williams

Mr. Laz
03-30-2010, 06:32 PM
nope ... the speed thing and illness just killed McClain imo

i will surprised if he goes before #20

I think he's a 2nd round pick now

spanky 52
03-31-2010, 05:01 AM
I would rather reach for Dan Williams

If we're going to reach, Williams will be the pick. We need a true NT but if we pass on Berry for Williams, than screw the Chiefs.

Dave Lane
03-31-2010, 08:04 AM
If we're going to reach, Williams will be the pick. We need a true NT but if we pass on Berry for Williams, than screw the Chiefs.

Why? Berry is not that special. Lots of players that would be almost as good available later in the draft. I'd prefer to trade down if we are thinking Williams

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Why? Berry is not that special. Lots of players that would be almost as good available later in the draft. I'd prefer to trade down if we are thinking Williams

:spock:

While it's true that he's assumed almost mythical status on this board, you're trying to fool yourself if you do not believe that Berry is the best safety prospect to come out since Taylor in '04.

Berry is very special and very rare. The drop from him to the next highest rated safety is larger than similar comparisons for any other position in the draft.

MOhillbilly
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
:spock:

While it's true that he's assumed almost mythical status on this board, you're trying to fool yourself if you do not believe that Berry is the best safety prospect to come out since Taylor in '04.

Berry is very special and very rare. The drop from him to the next highest rated safety is larger than similar comparisons for any other position in the draft.

I watched some of williams game video. color me unimpressed. Berry if he falls to KC and KC blinks... i may just burn 1 arrowhead down.
He is by far imo the best player for this team at the pick this club has.

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
He is by far imo the best player for this team at the pick this club has.

Clausen is the only other player in the conversation, from my perspective.

MOhillbilly
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Clausen is the only other player in the conversation, from my perspective.

Give me defense or give me death!

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Give me defense or give me death!

Damn, MO...and I liked you, too...;)

philfree
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM
I think McClain is gonna do a free fall on draft day. His health issues and lack of speed will have teams passing on him. Maybe he'll fall all the way to #36?

PhilFree:arrow:

Nightfyre
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I would be stoked with mcclain at 36. Of course I can't see him falling that far unfortunately.
Posted via Mobile Device