PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Adam Zimmer

LaChapelle
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Adam Zimmer joins Chiefs staff

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 30, 2010 5:51 PM ET

The Chiefs announced the hiring of Adam Zimmer as the team's defensive assistant/assistant linebackers coach Tuesday.

We learned more about Zimmer and his family when his mother Vikki passed away during last season. Adam spent the last four seasons as a coach with the Saints and was given a gameball by head coach Sean Payton after the team's victory over the Giants last year.

Adam's father Mike is the defensive coordinator of the Bengals. Mike Zimmer and Chiefs coach Todd Haley worked together when they were with the Cowboys.

ModSocks
03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Must be part of there "teach a coach" program.

ModSocks
03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Damn....i've been first in a lot of threads today.....

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 04:29 PM
*their

Hammock Parties
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
An assistant linebackers coach?

ModSocks
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
*their

Sigh. I was going to change it too. Fuck it.

RustShack
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
An assistant linebackers coach?

I think a lot of 3-4 teams have those..

seaofred
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Good young mind?

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Assistant to the Linebackers Coach

Wilson8
03-30-2010, 11:44 PM
A story from Jan 22nd writing about Adam Zimmer and new Chief's WR Jerheme Urban.

Trinity Grad Adam Zimmer Coaching With Saints in NFC Championship

New Orleans - Trinity graduate Adam Zimmer will be on the sidelines when the New Orleans Saints host the Minnesota Vikings for the NFC Championship on Sunday, Jan. 24.

But Zimmer, a 2006 business administration graduate of Trinity, won't just cheer on the hot Saints to victory. He is in his fourth year as a defensive assistant/linebackers coach with New Orleans. Zimmer assists in preparing the linebackers in all facets of the game.

Zimmer, who played safety for the Tigers from 2002-2005, treasured his time on the Trinity football team.

"Playing at Trinity really helped me in coaching," Zimmer said. "Growing up, I pretty much knew that I wanted to follow in my dad's and grand dad's footsteps. I knew the best way to do that is play as long as I could, and Trinity gave me that ability. We had some great team, and I learned a lot about the game."

Zimmer's father, Mike, was the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, and now holds the same position with the Cincinnati Bengals. His "grand dad" was a high school coach in Illinois for 35 years.

There were two Trinity connections in the Saints' 45-14 NFC Divisional title game over the Arizona Cardinals on Jan. 17 at the Louisiana Superdome. In addition to Zimmer, former Tiger star Jerheme Urban snagged two passes for the Cardinals. Zimmer, who entered Trinity during Urban's final season, described him as his "big brother," assigned by head coach Steve Mohr. The two former teammates had dinner the night before the playoff game.

As for the upcoming NFC title game with the Vikings, Zimmer had this to say: "Some of the best fans in the league are in New Orleans. I know that dome will be rocking from the opening kickoff, and hopefully we can keep it loud most of the day. With all this city has been through, the fans deserve a moment like this, and to see their team in its first Super Bowl."

So if Urban was Adam Zimmer's "big brother" in college, Zimmer must be a very young coach that KC likes his Coaching Family and is giving him a chance to continue to grow here.

DaWolf
03-31-2010, 12:43 AM
A story from Jan 22nd writing about Adam Zimmer and new Chief's WR Jerheme Urban.

So if Urban was Adam Zimmer's "big brother" in college, Zimmer must be a very young coach that KC likes his Coaching Family and is giving him a chance to continue to grow here.

Yeah, Haley said he wants to bring in young guys who can learn from the more experienced guys on the staff so that once you reach a point that your team has success and some of your top assistants move on to other jobs you hyave the people from within to promote.

Of course we need to become sucvcessful first or all of these coaches will be looking for new jobs.

Zimmer is going to be working under Gary Gibbs, who was the DC in New Orleans before last year, so there's that connection as well...

Red Beans
03-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Wow so we hire the host of "Bizzare Foods" to be an asst coach. Something doesnt sit right...

Braincase
03-31-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm hoping for an appointment to become the special assistant to the administrative undersecretary to the junior second left outside linebackers coach.

I can just here Toddzilla yelling at me now ... "Get me a coffee, bitch!".

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-31-2010, 06:44 AM
He's too short to be linebackers asistant coach.

Gonzo
03-31-2010, 06:50 AM
He's too short to be linebackers asistant coach.

Yeah, but he's a leader in the locker room and knows the "patriot way". His second cousins father in law was an assistant wide reciever coach for the giants under parcells.
Posted via Mobile Device