PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports This surprised me...

Mecca
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100330

I don't read Bill Simmons much but I actually found that pretty solid and amusing.

Deberg_1990
03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
$$64 ????????

Wow, just wow...

Reaper16
03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
The Rasheed Wallace speed line had me lol'ing. I like Striker's commentary though; why's Simmons gotta' be doggin' him like that?

Reaper16
03-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh, fuck Simmons for still whining about the David Tyree catch. He's whining about it in a column about pro wrestling. I cannot tolerate Bill Simmons outside of NBA writing.

-King-
03-30-2010, 08:43 PM
1:12: Some sad news: After nearly two decades of top-notch wrestling, Triple H is edging dangerously close to the Hulk Hogan Mammary Zone, when great pecs suddenly morph into what look to be bad breast implants, depending on the position of the wrestler's body. Also, I just tried to detach my own retinas with an apple peeler.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

-King-
03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
2:56: During a closeup of Cena squirming out of Batista's prolonged, behind-the-back-and-actually-this-is-making-me-a-little-uncomfortable-and-I-wish-they'd-do-another-move-soon bear hug, we see Cena tell him, "Hit me in the back," followed by Batista immediately kneeing him in the back. And just like that, wrestling was ruined for thousands of kids between the ages of 7 and 14 who thought it might be real.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

3:03: Batista barely kicks out after 2.93 seconds as the crowd groans in disbelief. Solid match so far. OK, here's the one thing that killed Cena's chances of ever getting 100 percent approval from fans: He wears jorts. Can you name one person in your life who wears jorts? The cynical side of me wonders if Vince McMahon knows this -- hence, an early jorts recommendation for Cena and the knowledge that he'd be a polarizing WWE star for the next 20 years.

ROFL ROFL ROFL Funny thing is that earlier today I was having a convo about who the hell still wears jean shorts.