PDA

View Full Version : Boy if Mortensen is to be believed...

Mecca
03-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I feel really bad for the Redskins..

He says that if Bradford goes before them, they won't even consider a QB in the 1st and would take McCoy in the 2nd, how sad is that?

Chiefnj2
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
What's that say about Clausen?

Chiefs=Champions
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
that would be good for us..

it tells us that the redskins are dumber than we thought. it says nothing about clausen...

BossChief
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM
You cant believe a single thing from decision makers around this time of year.

chess not checkers

Tribal Warfare
03-30-2010, 09:12 PM
I got wood

Direckshun
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
There is simply no way Shanahan passes on Clausen.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd like to know where this perception that Bradford is a significantly better prospect than Clausen came from.

Taco John
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
I'd like to know where this perception that Bradford is a significantly better prospect than Clausen came from.

Mayock wasn't it?

BossChief
03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Clausen > Bradford
Suh > McCoy
Berry > Thomas
Bulaga > Okung

Mayock disagrees

milkman
03-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I got wood

Dude, you get wood from watching squirrels climb trees.

-King-
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Campbell >>>> McCoy x1000

Mr. Laz
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Mort also said that he has heard "Zero" rumors about any teams trying to trade up in front of Washington to grab Clausen.

penchief
03-31-2010, 06:47 AM
that would be good for us..

it tells us that the redskins are dumber than we thought. it says nothing about clausen...

Shanahan doesn't know shit about quarterbacks.

penchief
03-31-2010, 06:48 AM
Clausen > Bradford
Suh > McCoy
Berry > Thomas
Bulaga > Okung

Mayock disagrees

IMHO, Clausen is not a better prospect than Bradford.

penchief
03-31-2010, 06:51 AM

My guess would be from watching him throw. Seems to have all of the attributes of the prototype.

Off the charts accuracy on all distance of throws, smooth quick release, above average intelligence, proven leadership, and ideal size. What's not to like?

penchief
03-31-2010, 06:52 AM
You cant believe a single thing from decision makers around this time of year.

chess not checkers

Agreed. But I seriously doubt Shanahan believes Clausen is better than Bradford.

MOhillbilly
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM
maybe Mr. Snider will go crazy and trade us campbell for castle straight up.

Frosty
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Shanahan doesn't know shit about quarterbacks.

I don't know where this QB guru thing came from. Since Elway, look at the QB's Shanahan has picked - Griese, Plummer and Cutler. Cutler may still work out but none of them were that great.

MOhillbilly
03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't know where this QB guru thing came from. Since Elway, look at the QB's Shanahan has picked - Griese, Plummer and Cutler. Cutler may still work out but none of them were that great.

Campbell is a perfect fit for a ratface bootleg O.

Frosty
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM

I was thinking that, too. The Rat had the most success with Elway and Plummer, both very mobile. It doesn't seem like Clausen would be a good fit.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
I was thinking that, too. The Rat had the most success with Elway and Plummer, both very mobile. It doesn't seem like Clausen would be a good fit.

And Colt McCoy is mobile.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Everyone keeps forgetting this.

Campbell's a decent QB. Not great by any means, but better than what we have. He's also a guy that would do quite well in the Rat's system, IMO. Shannahan isn't a major downfield passer, he likes the short and intermediate routes and QBs that can throw on the run. These are precisely Campbell's strengths.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Skins just dump Jason Campbell.

Chiefnj2
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Clausen is mobile. He's always scrambling around the pocket.

Danman
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
IMHO, Clausen is not a better prospect than Bradford.

I agree

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-31-2010, 09:50 AM

He says that if Bradford goes before them, they won't even consider a QB in the 1st and would take McCoy in the 2nd, how sad is that?

How many times do I have to tell you whoever takes McCoy will hit a homerun. And if Shanny wants him that should tell you something.

Quesadilla Joe
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM

I guarantee Shanahan will pass on Clausen. Clausen isn't a big armed, mobile type of QB that Shanahan covets. At least Colt McCoy is mobile.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
My guess would be from watching him throw. Seems to have all of the attributes of the prototype.

Off the charts accuracy on all distance of throws, smooth quick release, above average intelligence, proven leadership, and ideal size. What's not to like?

He's made of glass.

BigCatDaddy
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
He's made of glass.

LMAO - How many starts did he miss his first two seasons as a young kid playing against bigger more mature men?

Mecca
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
When you miss an entire fucking season, your durability deserves to be heavily ripped on.

Is this really that hard to understand?

BigCatDaddy
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
When you miss an entire ****ing season, your durability deserves to be heavily ripped on.

Not if it's injury to your throwing shoulder and you are QB. He then just compounded the problem and tried to come back too early and reinjured it. I give him credit for trying to go back out when he wasn't ready.

Should Tom Brady's durability be questioned?

Mecca
03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Personally I think a guy who has a problem staying healthy in college is a giant risk, NFL players are all bigger stronger and faster, if you can't take a hit in college why should I think you can take one at the next level?

Sam Bradford to this day remains the guy who never got hit, then when he got hit, he got hurt.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2010, 03:41 PM
When you miss an entire ****ing season, your durability deserves to be heavily ripped on.

Ask the Dolphins how well passing on a talented QB because of a single injury works out for you.

Bradford is putting on the size that he needed. His ability to throw the football has never been questioned. It was his build and his experience that made him a little iffy.

His build has now progressed to pretty much a prototypical NFL QB and the guy is a football rat; he'll handle the learning curve. Furthermore, this whole idea that he never passed from under center has been disproven many times over. His footwork while throwing is actually considered one of his strengths.

Bradford will be the best NFL QB of the last 2 drafts, IMO. What could kill him is landing in STL while Sanchez has the luxery of the Jets and Stafford at least has 2 very good pass catchers. STL is a damn graveyard. With Monroe and Barron as his bookends, he may very well break, but I don't expect it to be his shoulder that goes on him.

If I could give up 2b to move up and grab Bradford over Clausen (and I like Clausen), I'd do it without a moment's hesitation.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't think he will be, he has a huge learning curve on top of the durability concern.

BigCatDaddy
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Ask the Dolphins how well passing on a talented QB because of a single injury works out for you.

Bradford is putting on the size that he needed. His ability to throw the football has never been questioned. It was his build and his experience that made him a little iffy.

His build has now progressed to pretty much a prototypical NFL QB and the guy is a football rat; he'll handle the learning curve. Furthermore, this whole idea that he never passed from under center has been disproven many times over. His footwork while throwing is actually considered one of his strengths.

Bradford will be the best NFL QB of the last 2 drafts, IMO. What could kill him is landing in STL while Sanchez has the luxery of the Jets and Stafford at least has 2 very good pass catchers. STL is a damn graveyard. With Monroe and Barron as his bookends, he may very well break, but I don't expect it to be his shoulder that goes on him.

If I could give up 2b to move up and grab Bradford over Clausen (and I like Clausen), I'd do it without a moment's hesitation.

Excellent post.

BossChief
03-31-2010, 04:59 PM
This time last year I was pimping Bradford because I think that a guy with his skill set and historical backround (he is native american) would be motivated to win it all for a pro team called "Chiefs"

I think both of these quarterbacks can be very very good if they fall into the right situation, but both can be unwhelming if they dont fall into good situations.

Not sure STL is the right spot for Bradford. He has a long road of development and I think he needs a premier quarterbacks coach to bring out the player he can be.

milkman
03-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Personally I think a guy who has a problem staying healthy in college is a giant risk, NFL players are all bigger stronger and faster, if you can't take a hit in college why should I think you can take one at the next level?

Sam Bradford to this day remains the guy who never got hit, then when he got hit, he got hurt.

I have questions about Bradford, but you make far more out of that injury than it is.

MahiMike
03-31-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm sure you'll jump on this but I like McCoy. I don't know if he'll be franchise material but very serviceable. Something tells me he'll be around the league longer than many other QBs in this draft.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
As what, a backup?

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Chase Daniels (CP) has a ring, so I'm not making any bets about who might stick on an NFL roster.

MahiMike
03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
That's why drafting QB's is a 20% proposition. The player has to be matched up to the correct situation. I'm sure there are plenty of flameouts that would have made it on a different team/circumstances. Any of these guys coming out could be ruined by the teams that draft them. More than any position, these KIDS have the weight of the entire city on their shoulders. And this is why I argue that the QB is the LAST piece of the puzzle and not the 1st. Minnesota is doing it the right way. Getting a proven guy after their core team is built.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Yea getting a 40 year old dude so you can be good for 1 year is the way to do it.

:facepalm:

MahiMike
03-31-2010, 05:39 PM
McNabb is 33. If we had a core team, he'd be our guy for 3-5 yrs. That's about all the time you need for a window of opportunity.

kysirsoze
03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
This time last year I was pimping Bradford because I think that a guy with his skill set and historical backround (he is native american) would be motivated to win it all for a pro team called "Chiefs"

I think both of these quarterbacks can be very very good if they fall into the right situation, but both can be unwhelming if they dont fall into good situations.

Not sure STL is the right spot for Bradford. He has a long road of development and I think he needs a premier quarterbacks coach to bring out the player he can be.

I wonder how motivated he's be to play for the Redskins. :eek:

DaneMcCloud
03-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm not anywhere near as down as Mecca on either Bradford OR McCoy.

McCoy might be a guy that with some time, you could build a team around.

I think with as much talent as Bradford has, his learning curve will be relatively small.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 07:19 PM
I think McCoy is a backup and Bradford after time might be Matt Schaub, nothing that really gets me thinking the franchise just got its guy for 15 years.

Bradford to me is very far from a sure thing, he has a ton of questions, so the idea that all of the sudden he's become this can't miss guy baffles me.

DTLB58
03-31-2010, 07:32 PM

I agree 100%.

He is not re-building that team with Jason Campbell.

DTLB58
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
That's why drafting QB's is a 20% proposition. The player has to be matched up to the correct situation. I'm sure there are plenty of flameouts that would have made it on a different team/circumstances. Any of these guys coming out could be ruined by the teams that draft them. More than any position, these KIDS have the weight of the entire city on their shoulders. And this is why I argue that the QB is the LAST piece of the puzzle and not the 1st. Minnesota is doing it the right way. Getting a proven guy after their core team is built.

:thumb: :bravo:

milkman
03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
I think McCoy is a backup and Bradford after time might be Matt Schaub, nothing that really gets me thinking the franchise just got its guy for 15 years.

Bradford to me is very far from a sure thing, he has a ton of questions, so the idea that all of the sudden he's become this can't miss guy baffles me.

I think they both possibly bring intangibles that belie their talent, and in Bradford's case, his accuracy, that you simply can't acknowledge because of teh syystem he played, is uncanny, and I can understand why Brandt called his workout the best since Aikman, who was one of the most accurate passers ever.

The transition from the spread is a concern.

But I think you are so hell bent on being right that you can't acknowledge the possibility that you coul be wrong.

I'm on your side most of the time, but I still have never seen you admit to being wrong.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't take much of anything Gil Brandt says to mean much anymore.

Guy is a senile old fuck who can't spell anyone's name properly and then talks about how he likes prospects because their dad's 4th cousin went fishing with the presidents 7th cousin in 1961.

Bradford can make it sure, he just has more questions than most guys who have been called can't miss have had in the past.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Like most, I take things from pro days with a grain of salt.

However, when everyone walks away from a pro day as impressed as everyone, not just some, but everyone was, then I think it's just a tad close minded to simply dismiss them.

Mecca
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Does anyone ever look bad at a pro day? Especially a QB.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:08 PM
That's not the right question.

Of course no one ever looks bad at their pro day.

But I can not remember the last time someone was so impressive that observers came away gushing.

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
McNabb is 33. If we had a core team, he'd be our guy for 3-5 yrs. That's about all the time you need for a window of opportunity.

He'll be 34 this year. He will NOT be an effective QB for 3-5 more years.

And now the goal is to get a QB for something as small as a 3-year window?

Fuck you, Carl, for completely mind fucking this fan base.

BossChief
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6489600&highlight=bradford#post6489600

"most overrated 2010"

Ebolapox
03-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Does anyone ever look bad at a pro day? Especially a QB.

peyton manning didn't look very good at his pro day. wonder what ever came of that--

Mecca
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM
If you seriously don't look good at your pro day something is seriously wrong.

It's an easily controlled environment that can showcase strengths, if you really suck at something you just simply won't make that throw.

Bradford is a fine prospect, I still don't think he's this head and shoulders better than Clausen prospect that is out there now.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not arguing that Bradford is head and shoulders above Clausen.

I'm not sold on Clausen, but of the two, he'd be the one I draft.

What I'm saying is you can't listen to the interviews I've listened and read the quotes I've read the last couple of days and simply dismiss them.

Hammock Parties
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM

He's probably seen as a "safer" prospect.

Hammock Parties
03-31-2010, 09:45 PM

It's a valid argument. It's not that he's great at picking quarterbacks, it's that he's great at coaching them up. Elway, Young, Griese, Plummer and Cutler all had their best years under Shanahan.

Honestly, Cutler probably would have gone on to multiple Pro Bowls under Shanahan.

Quesadilla Joe
03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Honestly, Cutler probably would have gone on to multiple Pro Bowls under Shanahan.

I doubt it. It took Tom Brady getting hurt plus Big Ben and Philip Rivers getting snubbed for him to make it into the Pro Bowl in 08.

Chiefs=Champions
03-31-2010, 10:48 PM
I doubt it. It took Tom Brady getting hurt plus Big Ben and Philip Rivers getting snubbed for him to make it into the Pro Bowl in 08.

Twitter says otherwise...

*knowmo's head explodes*