PDA

View Full Version : Football A trade to go down in the NFL today? (not a joke)

KCrockaholic
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

"A prediction that's no April Fool's joke: There will be at least one NFL trade made today (but not the one everyone's waiting for)."

-Adam Schefter

DMAC
04-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I fucking love this day.

wazimo
04-01-2010, 08:07 AM
The Chiefs are going to trade Dorsey for Carriker and the Rams 2nd Rounder.

KCrockaholic
04-01-2010, 08:09 AM
The Chiefs are going to trade Dorsey for Carriker and the Rams 2nd Rounder.

Do it. I have Dorsey's jersey....But hey, at least I can say he was a great college player when people make fun of me for wearing it.

tymania
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Chiefs are trading their 5th overall pick to Minnesota for Jared Allen and a 2nd round pick

Red Brooklyn
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Chiefs are trading their 5th overall pick to Minnesota for Jared Allen and a 2nd round pick
To the row-boat!

:thumb:

Delano
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Schefter on Bradford's reluctance to sign with the Rams: "Would you rather be tutored by Dick Curl [noticeable disgust showing on Adam's face.] or Kyle and Mike Shannahan?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Denver is gonna trade Orton and Marshall to Chicago for Cutler

BigRedChief
04-01-2010, 08:24 AM
yeah anything posted today is not going to be believed anyway

Sofa King
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
#5 overall to Atlanta for Tony G & #19

Otter
04-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Donovan Mcnabb to the Raiduhs!

CoMoChief
04-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Al Davis to retire.

Farzin
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Casey Printers is taking over.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Gaither to Redskins so Washington can draft Clausen at #4

MMXcalibur
04-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Mike Brown for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce and mustard, and, AND I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any other weird surprises. You got it?

Hey! Not bad. Nice, hot mustard. Good bread. The turkey's a little dry. The turkey's a little dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quesadilla Joe
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Which one is everyone waiting for?

The Brandon Marshall trade or Donovan McNabb?

MoreLemonPledge
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM

Really?

Quesadilla Joe
04-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Really?

As a Bronco fan I am waiting for the Marshall trade. I don't know which trade is the bigger deal to people who aren't Bronco fans.

MoreLemonPledge
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
As a Bronco fan I am waiting for the Marshall trade. I don't know which trade is the bigger deal to people who aren't Bronco fans.

Have you watched ESPN in the past week or so?

Quesadilla Joe
04-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Have you watched ESPN in the past week or so?

No not at all really. I'm guessing its the McNabb trade then.

the Talking Can
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM

what's life like as a human facepalm?

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Yes, because the Marshall trade has been a lead in on SportsCenter all these weeks.

gblowfish
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Carl Peterson new GM of the Oakland Raiders.

Quesadilla Joe
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes, because the Marshall trade has been a lead in on SportsCenter all these weeks.

I probably watch about 1 hour of ESPN a month.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I probably watch about 1 hour of ESPN a month.

Searching on Twitter takes up a lot of time.

LaChapelle
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Brodie for Kiwi Mitchel

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
So a Bronco fan walks in to the Doctors office and says I got a problem but you'll laugh.

The female Doctor says , I have a code of ethics to follow, I don't find anything about human sickness or the medical profession funny. I would never laugh. Now whats the problem.

The Bronco fan drop his droors to expose his the tiniest man junk she had ever laid her eyes on. Length and width it resembled a triple a battery. She blurted out a belly laugh rolling on the floor for the next five minutes. She regains her composure and apologizes, I'm sorry I'll never do that again. I'm very sorry now what seems to be the problem ?

The Bronco fans says "It's swollen"

The doctor runs out of the office.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM

Translation: I'm a homer who has no knowledge of what happens outside of Denver. You should stop talking about other players because you have no clue about them.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Know, please stop repping me on things I said a year ago. I never once said Mike Shanahan was a bad coach. I'm glad you are so obsessed with me that you are searching my posts from over a year ago and providing rep for them.

You are a stalking creep. Go get an education instead of GoChiefing yourself on Twitter.

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be something off the wall that people weren't thinking about.

bowener
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Gaither to Redskins so Washington can draft Clausen at #4

Seems... probable?

I honestly don't know, but is Gaither the type of OLman that Shanny looks for to use in his ZBS? Gaither seems rather gigantic, is he quick enough? I do realize with his size he could create some massive running lanes for what might be LJ's last chance at a good season.

edit:

Maybe Portis' dumbass will be traded to somebody like the Chargers/Lions?? :shrug:

Quesadilla Joe
04-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Know, please stop repping me on things I said a year ago. I never once said Mike Shanahan was a bad coach. I'm glad you are so obsessed with me that you are searching my posts from over a year ago and providing rep for them.

You are a stalking creep. Go get an education instead of GoChiefing yourself on Twitter.

Don't flatter yourself buddy. I was reading an old thread that someone posted a link to and I repped at least 10 different people in that thread. GoChiefs multiple times.

bevischief
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
So a Bronco fan walks in to the Doctors office and says I got a problem but you'll laugh.

The female Doctor says , I have a code of ethics to follow, I don't find anything about human sickness or the medical profession funny. I would never laugh. Now whats the problem.

The Bronco fan drop his droors to expose his the tiniest man junk she had ever laid her eyes on. Length and width it resembled a triple a battery. She blurted out a belly laugh rolling on the floor for the next five minutes. She regains her composure and apologizes, I'm sorry I'll never do that again. I'm very sorry now what seems to be the problem ?

The Bronco fans says "It's swollen"

The doctor runs out of the office.

rofl
Posted via Mobile Device

Otter
04-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Well if it doesn't happen shortly I doubt it will.

I know not many people here give a shit about the Eagles and I really don't either but I've been wanting to see their backup QB Kevin Kolb given the chance to start for a couple years now and if McNabb leaves that will be his shot.

I think he's going to a late bloomer in Brett Farve "WTF was I thinking having that guy ride the pine" proportions.

It would be nice to have a reason to watch the Eagles since their always in my face too.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't flatter yourself buddy. I was reading an old thread that someone posted a link to and I repped at least 10 different people in that thread. GoChiefs multiple times.

Is that why you have repped me from 5 posts from a year ago?

You're a fucking creeper.

Alton deFlat
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Herm Edwards on NFL Live suggested 49ers trade for Donovan McNabb AND Brandon Marshall. And they still would have a leftover 1st-rd pick!

booger
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Rob Sims to sign Seahawks' tender in advance of trade
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 1, 2010 3:53 PM ET
In an indication that he's likely to be traded soon, restricted free agent guard Rob Sims is reportedly set to sign his tender with the Seattle Seahawks.

ESPN is reporting that Sims plans to sign his one-year, $1.101 million restricted free-agent tender today and that he's doing so in hopes of speeding up a trade.

The Bears and Lions have both been publicly identified as possible trading partners, and ESPN also reported that the Eagles might be interested.

Sims started 14 games in Seattle last year, but the new coaching staff has told him he's not in their plans.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/01/rob-sims-to-sign-seahawks-tender-in-advance-of-trade/

Nightfyre
04-01-2010, 02:53 PM
What is he worth, do you suppose?
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe a 5, more likely a 6 or 7.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Herm Edwards on NFL Live suggested 49ers trade for Donovan McNabb AND Brandon Marshall. And they still would have a leftover 1st-rd pick!

One of the few Herm suggestions I agree with.

I think this team defensively is a championship caliber. I think offensively, they have some good pieces in place, but Marshall and McNabb would put them way, way over the hump.

They could trade their 17 for Marshall, Trade the 2nd rounder for McNabb and then draft an offensive lineman with their first rounder.

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM

I think this team defensively is a championship caliber. I think offensively, they have some good pieces in place, but Marshall and McNabb would put them way, way over the hump.

They could trade their 17 for Marshall, Trade the 2nd rounder for McNabb and then draft an offensive lineman with their first rounder.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers do something drastic because they want a new stadium badly and need public support in order to have it built.

McNabb and Marshall would certainly make them the favorites in the NFC West this year.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers do something drastic because they want a new stadium badly and need public support in order to have it built.

McNabb and Marshall would certainly make them the favorites in the NFC West this year.

I think in their current state they are the West favorites. With a move like that, they are a SB favorite.

The 49ers play a great brand of defense.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
T-Jack for Sanchez :thumb:

ModSocks
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I think in their current state they are the West favorites. With a move like that, they are a SB favorite.

It's funny how these things make sense, but for whatever reason, never happen in real life. It seems like a dream scenario.

Marshall
Crabtree
V. Davis
Gore..........talk about being loaded.

The Poz
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM

McNabb/Marshall/Crabtree/Gore/Davis/Damn!

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 03:31 PM

Dear God......the 49ers would be fucking beasts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM

If you're making a win now move like that, I actually think that they should trade next year's first for McNabb and a 4th.

Draft a ready now LT with their first rounder, trade the later one for Marshall, and then use the 2nd on a pass rusher.

That team needs help in the back 7.

Mecca
04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
The question would be, would Philly give him to that team.

I have a hard time thinking Philly would give him to any NFC team unless they are just an awful team like the Rams are.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
If you're making a win now move like that, I actually think that they should trade next year's first for McNabb and a 4th.

Draft a ready now LT with their first rounder, trade the later one for Marshall, and then use the 2nd on a pass rusher.

That team needs help in the back 7.

I think they could use a 3-4 edge rush guy, but I think Parys Harrleson came on strong last year. Lawson has ability, but he's always hurt or pissed off.

I agree that a 1 next year would be really low for them so that wouldn't be a bad move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Also, if they keep that second, and there isn't a PR there they like, there are a ton of safeties or corners who could help out immediately.

Rasputin
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM

Why would you trade for a long snapper?

88TG88
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Mike Brown for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce and mustard, and, AND I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any other weird surprises. You got it?

Hey! Not bad. Nice, hot mustard. Good bread. The turkey's a little dry. The turkey's a little dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice

LaChapelle
04-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Favre was going to announce his retirement but decided to keep it quiet so the Vikings could acquire McNabb first.

Couldn't sell it as a April Fool's joke to even a pre-schooler