PDA

View Full Version : Misc Holland. Anybody been?

Slainte
04-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Looks like I'm going to Amsterdam in July for a vaca.

Anyone familiar with the place? Any recommendations beyond the Rijksmuseum, wooden shoes, tulips and the coffee shops?

Feel free to add your blather for my consideration and so forth.

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Van Gogh museum - outstanding
Rembrandt House (Rembrandthuis)
Rijksmuseum
The Royal Palace Amsterdam
Dam Square
Anne Frank House
Museum Our Lord in the Attic
Eat pancakes
Take a trip outside the city

ExtremeChief
04-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Twice! Never got to see anything! The guys I worked for are bastards!

Fritz88
04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
tripadvisor --> holland ---> things to do

You won't find tulips in that time of the year though.

FAX
04-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Holland. Anybody been?

Got the wooden t-shirt to prove it.

FAX

Bwana
04-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I was there for a week in 1996. It was ok, but I have no desire to go back. The two things I strongly remember is, the people walk around with a deer in the headlights look and the food was very bland. Don't get me wrong, they are decent people, they just don't like to make eye contact. The only place worse on that trip was France. The French people earn their reputation for a reason. I would try to make it out of the city for a look around and try to meet some other people in the country when I was there, if I did it again, in both locations. Germany on the other hand was kickass.

prhom
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
You're gonna have a lot of fun there, it's a really cool place. Especially nice because you don't have to worry about language at all since they teach English and Dutch in the schools there. I'd recommend staying in the heart of the old part of the city if possible because you're close to everything there. First thing you should do once you get there is rent a "Grandma" bike, and get it for the entire time you're there. My brother and I only rented one for the last day and felt like idiots for not having done it earlier. It's the only way to do it, you can see everything there and not get tired from walking all over. Plus they're really fun and the breeze keeps you cooler than walking. That being said my suggestions are:

Van Gogh museum

Redlight district (just look, don't touch!)

The Harlem bar at corner of Haarlemmerstraat and Herenmarkt (good Belgian beer selection there and more of a locals bar than a touristy place)

Stadsbakker at the corner of Haarlemmerstraat and Singel (little bakery that has awesome breads and pastries, my favorite was a roll that had all kinds of dried fruit and nuts in it)

How long do you get to stay? Are you going anywhere else in Europe or just Amsterdam?

gblowfish
04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I think you can smoke hash legally there, if you're into that kind of thing.

Warrior5
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Been twice... one of my favorite places in Europe. Eat some cheese, take a canal tour of Amsterdam, and most of all, interact with the people.

Every single one I met spoke American, not English. Awesome people.

Enjoy.

Nero's Neptune
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Rijksmuseum
Dam Square
Anne Frank House
Eat pancakes

I would second Van Gogh museum and Anne Frank House. I thought the AFH would be boring, but I thought it was really cool. and if you like museums all of those mentioned are good.

The important thing is to just walk around and people watch....take a boat ride on one of the canals, and definitely stroll through the red light district at night. Even if you have no interest in the girls, it's a very, very unique experience worth checking out.

Slainte
04-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Rijksmuseum
Dam Square
Anne Frank House
Eat pancakes

Sounds like a great list and I plan on getting out of the city for a day trip. Any recommendations on the direction to go?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Yes. Yes I have.

And I wished I lived there. I might even be able to find a job and have a life again.

Slainte
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
You're gonna have a lot of fun there, it's a really cool place. Especially nice because you don't have to worry about language at all since they teach English and Dutch in the schools there. I'd recommend staying in the heart of the old part of the city if possible because you're close to everything there. First thing you should do once you get there is rent a "Grandma" bike, and get it for the entire time you're there. My brother and I only rented one for the last day and felt like idiots for not having done it earlier. It's the only way to do it, you can see everything there and not get tired from walking all over. Plus they're really fun and the breeze keeps you cooler than walking. That being said my suggestions are:

Van Gogh museum

Redlight district (just look, don't touch!)

The Harlem bar at corner of Haarlemmerstraat and Herenmarkt (good Belgian beer selection there and more of a locals bar than a touristy place)

Stadsbakker at the corner of Haarlemmerstraat and Singel (little bakery that has awesome breads and pastries, my favorite was a roll that had all kinds of dried fruit and nuts in it)

How long do you get to stay? Are you going anywhere else in Europe or just Amsterdam?

Thanks. I'll probably do the bike thing and am putting The Harlem Bar on my list. Sounds good.

Gonna be there for 5 days. This is the hotel I'm staying in:

http://www.banksmansion.nl/banksMansion/default-en.html

Check out how much free alcohol is included in your stay. I've never seen anything like it, outside of all-inclusive resorts and cruises & such...

prhom
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks. I'll probably do the bike thing and am putting The Harlem Bar on my list. Sounds good.

Gonna be there for 5 days. This is the hotel I'm staying in:

http://www.banksmansion.nl/banksMansion/default-en.html

Check out how much free alcohol is included in your stay. I've never seen anything like it, outside of all-inclusive resorts and cruises & such...

Wow, you're not messing around. That's a nice hotel! We stayed in a hot, stuffy third-story room near the Harlem bar that an Egyptian guy named Ahmed was renting out. The place only had LED lights in the room...truly craptastic. I vowed I would never do that again. Wish I could have afforded to stay in a place like the Banks Mansion! Hope you have fun.

lostcause
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Tour of the heineken brewery... Chill in Vondel Park if its nice out.
Make sure you go to the Bulldog right next to the redlight district, it's iconic.

Slainte
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Tour of the heineken brewery...

Oh, I'm there. Fresh Heineken. What's the Bulldog? -- Or should I just google it?...

T-post Tom
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Good pot, good whores, good times.

http://www.erinjackson.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/goodtimes.jpg

JD10367
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
My wife and I will be there for a day in May on our cruise (leaves from Oslo, goes to Amsterdam and Bruges/Brussels). We already got our tickets to the Anne Frank House online. We figure we'll also throw in a canal boat tour, walk through the Red Light District, maybe check out a museum or two.

ClevelandBronco
04-03-2010, 03:39 PM

Seconded.

Other than just biking around and enjoying the architecture and the people, I'm afraid I won't be much help with navigating around many of Amsterdam's unique offerings.

BigRedChief
04-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Sounds like a great list and I plan on getting out of the city for a day trip. Any recommendations on the direction to go?I rode the magic bus from Istanbul Turkey to Amsterdam, but risking your life is not something you want to do on vacation.

Van gough defintely. Ann Frank museum is really cool.

Slainte
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I rode the magic bus from Istanbul Turkey to Amsterdam

:spock:

BigMeatballDave
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Bring us back some weed...
Posted via Mobile Device

WoodDraw
04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Ann Frank museum for sure. Amazing to walk through that history.

I really enjoyed the Van Gogh museum, but they were renovating when I was there so one level was closed. Not sure about now.

I had a good time doing the Heineken brewery tour.

I'd also second the recommendation of getting out of the city for a day. It was so incredibly cold when I was there, so I never did. But I was ready to get out after about three days. I was also travelling by myself, so if you have some friends along that could be different.

Amsterdam isn't a giant city. It's a beautiful place just to walk around. Some of my best days there were walking around and hopping into bars here and there for a beer. As someone already mentioned, everyone there speaks English like a first language.

I remember it as being crazy expensive too. That could just be my shit memory though after coming from London. It's a hard adjustment to go from awesome free museums to 10-20 Euros. Ouch. And if you've never paid to use the toilets at most places, get ready for a new experience. Also, ice water becomes a luxury you'll treasure.

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a great list and I plan on getting out of the city for a day trip. Any recommendations on the direction to go?

Paleis Het Loo (in Apeldoorn) was cool, but not much English was spoken around there.

We took a bus tour trip that went to Edam and went to Sloten Windmill which was neat.

prhom
04-03-2010, 06:20 PM
And if you've never paid to use the toilets at most places, get ready for a new experience.

This was one of my big irritations over there. I always had a bunch of change in my pocket and I never carry change in the US. It also reminds me of another "must-see" attraction in Amsterdam. They had these things called a "pissoir" that is basically a wall and stall in the middle of the sidewalk that you can stand in and take a piss. The thing is you can see over the wall so you can see what's going on outside while you're pissing. It's a little weird but a great thing to have around when bathrooms are scarce.

WoodDraw
04-03-2010, 06:25 PM
This was one of my big irritations over there. I always had a bunch of change in my pocket and I never carry change in the US. It also reminds me of another "must-see" attraction in Amsterdam. They had these things called a "pissoir" that is basically a wall and stall in the middle of the sidewalk that you can stand in and take a piss. The thing is you can see over the wall so you can see what's going on outside while you're pissing. It's a little weird but a great thing to have around when bathrooms are scarce.

I hate having change here, so that drove me crazy in Europe too. The one and two euro/pound coins make perfect sense, but drove me insane. I can't remember the last time I paid for something in change here, so having to sort through coins drove me nuts.

When you walk around, you'll see some type of metal in most corners that will splash the pee back at you to keep you from pissing in random corners. It's pretty funny, really. One of the quirks that makes visiting other countries so fun.

prhom
04-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I hate having change here, so that drove me crazy in Europe too. The one and two euro/pound coins make perfect sense, but drove me insane. I can't remember the last time I paid for something in change here, so having to sort through coins drove me nuts.

When you walk around, you'll see some type of metal in most corners that will splash the pee back at you to keep you from pissing in random corners. It's pretty funny, really. One of the quirks that makes visiting other countries so fun.

Ha! I wish I would have looked for that, maybe I saw it but didn't realize why they were there. It took me about a week and a half of searching for bathrooms before I realized why Europe has so many parks with trees. I went into the trees and found out where the locals go when they have to use the facilities.

WoodDraw
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Ha! I wish I would have looked for that, maybe I saw it but didn't realize why they were there. It took me about a week and a half of searching for bathrooms before I realized why Europe has so many parks with trees. I went into the trees and found out where the locals go when they have to use the facilities.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lObc8qpKNuI/Swxkfh6AZWI/AAAAAAAACB8/dy5IVN7UT9Q/s1600/DSC04475.JPG

There is one of them I found on a random google images search. They have three different styles, if I remember right. I did a walking tour, and my tour guy pointed it out.

dtebbe
04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I went once.. but I can't remember a thing :)

DT

Over-Head
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Went to the cannabis cup once, don't remember much of that week other than smoking some shit that could tranquilze a horse

Slainte
04-04-2010, 01:15 AM
The two things I strongly remember is, the people walk around with a deer in the headlights look and the food was very bland. Don't get me wrong, they are decent people, they just don't like to make eye contact.

Without ever having been there, I know exactly what you mean. Spaniards are exactly the opposite, confronting you quite directly and with great curiosity. Frankly, it might be a relief,... sometimes I find the directness unnerving...

Slainte
04-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I think you can smoke hash legally there, if you're into that kind of thing.

Yes, those are the "coffee shops"...

http://inplacenews.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/amsterdam_coffee_shop.jpg

JD10367
04-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, those are the "coffee shops"...

http://inplacenews.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/amsterdam_coffee_shop.jpg

Okay, here's a question... can you actually get coffee in the coffee shops? :D I don't smoke weed but I'd like to go in and look around, so I might buy a coffee and sneak some pics of the place...

tiptap
04-04-2010, 08:44 AM
You have to buy a drink in order to buy weed

BigRedChief
04-04-2010, 09:45 AM
:spock:Google it. Not for the faint of heart or those who value their lives.:)

WoodDraw
04-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Okay, here's a question... can you actually get coffee in the coffee shops? :D I don't smoke weed but I'd like to go in and look around, so I might buy a coffee and sneak some pics of the place...

Most of the places are pretty cool. It's not like the Red Light district where you don't dream of taking pictures. It's considered polite to buy something if you're going to hang around, whether that be a drink (no alcohol) or weed. But you won't have any problems walking around or what not.

banyon
04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Rijksmuseum
Dam Square
Anne Frank House
Eat pancakes

This is a very good list.

the Anne Frank Haus is a must do life experience.

Also recommend the small theater exhibit after the tour on freedom of expression, very interesting. I was stunned to see Kansas's own Fred Phelps on display in the film.

I forget which coffee house I went to, but you probably want to be a couple of blocks from the Red Light district.

banyon
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Tour of the heineken brewery... Chill in Vondel Park if its nice out.
Make sure you go to the Bulldog right next to the redlight district, it's iconic.

I actually thought the "Heineken Experience" (if you're talking about the tour of the old brewery) was one of the lamer brewery tours I've been on.

They don't actually make Heineken in the city anymore, so it's some sort of multimedia exhibit basically.

If I had it to do over again, I'd see if I could tour Stella Artois.

Slainte
04-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Google it. Not for the faint of heart or those who value their lives.:)

You are an interesting person, BRC. That must have been a blast. When did you do this -- in the 1970's?

Slainte
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I actually thought the "Heineken Experience" (if you're talking about the tour of the old brewery) was one of the lamer brewery tours I've been on.

They don't actually make Heineken in the city anymore, so it's some sort of multimedia exhibit basically.

So you're saying the Heineken tour is pretty much worthless? That's a drag, but I can more than make do on a Stella tour if that's the case...

JD10367
04-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I forget which coffee house I went to, but you probably want to be a couple of blocks from the Red Light district.

Why? Is the RLD not safe to walk through, or just not a place you should enter any establishments? I've always been under the impression that it's okay to walk through during the day. As a tourist, should I check it out or just avoid it?

JD10367
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Stuff's not bad. Sort of the Budweiser of Europe, LOL. Spent a few days in Barcelona post-cruise, and I have a fond memory of sitting on the hotel lobby's balcony (a tiny thing with one table and two chairs), sipping a free Stella from their little minifridge at the front desk, watching the sun set over La Rambla while some sort of mass protest was going on, complete with Spanish SWAT trucks. I asked the guy at the front desk what was going on and he basically said he "didn't know, they showed up on weekends to block the Placa de Catalunya, caused a traffic jam, protested for a while, and then broke it up and went away". Gotta love Europeans. :D

Slainte
04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Stuff's not bad. Sort of the Budweiser of Europe, LOL. Spent a few days in Barcelona post-cruise, and I have a fond memory of sitting on the hotel lobby's balcony (a tiny thing with one table and two chairs), sipping a free Stella from their little minifridge at the front desk, watching the sun set over La Rambla while some sort of mass protest was going on, complete with Spanish SWAT trucks. I asked the guy at the front desk what was going on and he basically said he "didn't know, they showed up on weekends to block the Placa de Catalunya, caused a traffic jam, protested for a while, and then broke it up and went away". Gotta love Europeans. :D

They were just making a big Paella. Trust me.

prhom
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Why? Is the RLD not safe to walk through, or just not a place you should enter any establishments? I've always been under the impression that it's okay to walk through during the day. As a tourist, should I check it out or just avoid it?

I went through there at night and it was just fine. Just don't pull out your camera, they WILL take it and make you pay to get it back.

Slainte
04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I went through there at night and it was just fine. Just don't pull out your camera, they WILL take it and make you pay to get it back.

Gracias. That's good-to-know information, cause I damn sure would've taken my camera with me...

Slainte
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Twice! Never got to see anything! The guys I worked for are bastards!

You need to kill your boss. Seriously.

WoodDraw
04-04-2010, 02:54 PM

The RLD is incredibly touristy. Your only threat will be pickpockets, but no one I talked to had a problem. During the day? No problems at all. There are tours and pub crawls that run every night through there.

Like people said, don't pull out your camera. It's not illegal, but the district enforces their own brand of justice. The stories you hear...

An aside, but cops are cool as hell in Amsterdam too. If you ever have a problem or a question, go up and ask them. Even if you're one more drink from passing out or high on whatever. They're a relaxed and helpful group. I got lost as hell one night (seriously, how does anyone ever find their way around - every street looks the same) and some cop flagged me down a cab to give me a free ride back at god knows what time in the morning.

Slainte
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Bought my vacation package today. A little bit more than I wanted to pay, but so it goes.

I'm really looking forward to my hotel. Also purchased a day tour thru the Dutch countryside and a quick trip to The Hague. Plus a 2-day pass on the public transit.

While I was googling Amsterdam, found out there is a coffeeshop called Pink Floyd...

Yeah, it's all gonna be okay...

banyon
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM

It's safe as far as I know.

I don't like being hassled to buy heroin, ecstasy or get service from every prostitute every five minutes though. It feels pretty scummy after a while, I just think if you can get a bit away, it's probably good.

Slainte
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
It's safe as far as I know.

I don't like being hassled to buy heroin, ecstasy or get service from every prostitute every five minutes though. It feels pretty scummy after a while, I just think if you can get a bit away, it's probably good.

My impression is it's perfectly safe as long as you don't take pictures....

Slainte
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Flying out tomorrow...can't fucking wait...

Fritz88
07-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Make sure you take the free tour in yours first day. I can't recommend this enough. It's an amazing tour that gets you familiar with the city.

http://www.newamsterdamtours.com/

Also, read up on its history before you go there. If you want to get the most out of your trip.

WoodDraw
07-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Have fun and stay safe. Let us know how it goes...

ForeverChiefs58
07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Imported Dutch Cheese Shop and Cheese Tasting
http://www.michigan.org/global/Media/1265/Dutch_cheese_making.jpg

Slainte
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Have fun and stay safe. Let us know how it goes...

One thing with my somewhat new-found love (love?) of futball, I'll get to watch the Netherlands match in an Amsterdam bar tues and cheer on Spain Weds...

speaking of which, I have to fulfill a promise I made and go online to seek out a David Villa jersey...

ForeverChiefs58
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
DeMagere Brug (Skinny Bridge)
http://www.michigan.org/global/Media/1264/Bridge_DutchVillage.jpg

Slainte
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Make sure you take the free tour in yours first day. I can't recommend this enough. It's an amazing tour that gets you familiar with the city.

http://www.newamsterdamtours.com/

Also, read up on its history before you go there. If you want to get the most out of your trip.

Already done so, mang...

ForeverChiefs58
07-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Don't forget to get some wooden shoes
http://www.michigan.org/global/Media/1267/Wooden-shoes_DutchVilllage.jpg

WoodDraw
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
One thing with my somewhat new-found love (love?) of futball, I'll get to watch the Netherlands match in an Amsterdam bar tues and cheer on Spain Weds...

speaking of which, I have to fulfill a promise I made and go online to seek out a David Villa jersey...

Maybe check out Amsterdam ArenA then? I haven't done a tour there, but I've done it at a bunch of other big Euro teams and they're normally pretty cool.

chief husker
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
The Van Gogh Museum is incredible. I went twice, once with the headphone tour and once just to soak it all in. Make your reservation for tickets online and walk right past the TWO hour line to the front door.

Param
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Anne Frank House
y

probably my favorite site to visit.

Param
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM

YES

Param
07-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Places to eat:

FEBO- nothing like putting coins into a machine and getting cheap food like burgers, chicken sandwhiches, etc. They're sh1t, but they're cheap
MAOZ- gr8 falafel, and get it with all the fixens
frites stand with mayo
albert hein-grocery store(cheap food and snacks for your room), plus i like to visit grocery stores in other countries and see what they eat.

bikes, they're f'n everywhere and they have the right of way

also, all amsterdam hotels are smoke free. It's the law. But, I've been there multiple times and stay at a particular hotel(it's an expensive chain hotel, but they don't bother you)

Param
07-04-2010, 05:03 PM
My impression is it's perfectly safe as long as you don't take pictures....

totally safe, though i've been propositioned for coke, etc. DON'T BUY

definitely walk around, you'd be surprised at how hawt some of the girls are. suk N fuk runs you 50 euro to start.

Param
07-04-2010, 05:06 PM

On football day the Dutch go nuts, booze everywhere and damn they are messy lol in a funny way. trash will be f'n everywhere.

LaChapelle
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
The four corners of Missouri: Southwest City to Watson to Athens to Holland
Sixteen games a year they trek to Arrowhead, switch on the tv, tune in the radio
Missouri KC Chiefs fans you matter -Fuck Kansas

JD10367
07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Amsterdam would've been more enjoyable if they hadn't just wrapped up a long trash strike. Place stank, and trash was strewn across every street and on every corner.

Not a bad place, though. I'd go back for another visit. We saw the Anne Frank Museum, took a canal boat tour (don't stop at the first place, they're the most expensive), walked around, visited a cat-refuge houseboat (De Poezenboot), did the wax museum (okay but a bit small, and some local people we had no idea who they were). Only skimmed the RLD and didn't go into any sex shops or "coffee" shops.

It should be downright insane with the World Cup going on.

googlegoogle
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Banning if you don't bring some coffeehouse samples back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Good Man.

Param
07-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Amsterdam would've been more enjoyable if they hadn't just wrapped up a long trash strike. Place stank, and trash was strewn across every street and on every corner.

Not a bad place, though. I'd go back for another visit. We saw the Anne Frank Museum, took a canal boat tour (don't stop at the first place, they're the most expensive), walked around, visited a cat-refuge houseboat (De Poezenboot), did the wax museum (okay but a bit small, and some local people we had no idea who they were). Only skimmed the RLD and didn't go into any sex shops or "coffee" shops.

It should be downright insane with the World Cup going on.

Trash is always f'n everywhere though. But, if they just had a strike when you were there, it was probably really bad.

No sex/coffee shops? Damn dood, why not?

Cat refuge houseboat? Sounds cool. One time I was walking by, a guy was mowing his lawn located on top of a houseboat. I dunno, but i laughed.

And yah, prob EXTREMELY NUTS there during the world cup with how far they've advanced.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Trash is always f'n everywhere though. But, if they just had a strike when you were there, it was probably really bad.

No sex/coffee shops? Damn dood, why not?

Cat refuge houseboat? Sounds cool. One time I was walking by, a guy was mowing his lawn located on top of a houseboat. I dunno, but i laughed.

And yah, prob EXTREMELY NUTS there during the world cup with how far they've advanced.

Me loves the houseboats and the hawt bitches.

Abba-Dabba
07-05-2010, 06:00 AM
nope, never been

but I'm guessing that most of the touristy places have been mentioned like Anne Frank, Rijks, Van Gogh, Madaam Tussauds...

if you like rijstaffels, Kantjil & de Tijger isn't half bad

The church that the Pilgrims worshipped at after leaving England and before coming to America isn't too far away from Kantjil. I'm pretty sure they are one of the few places with a service in English on Sundays, if you are religious and wish to attend a service. Begijnhof and English Reformed Church are what you are looking for.

A stroll through Albert Cuypmarkt is always a must for me. I always stay one block over on Govert Flinckstraat. A stroll through and I usually have my belly full on stroopwaffels, herring, cheeses and few other delectables.

Hit Bloemenmarkt for a few flowers for the better half. If that applies.

Eat a cone of fries with mayo.

BoomChicago, a comedy club with american comics. Melkweg and Paradiso are 2 of the more well known dance clubs

Don't pay attention to the people who say that the food sucks. There are almost 100 different languages spoken and almost 100 different nationalities that live in Amsterdam. If you have trouble finding something you like. Walk around the corner.

Hit the bakkerij across from 420 Cafe. Just remember, in Mokum at cannabis cafes they throw you out if you smoke tobacco in them. Tobacco is banned in businesses.

get out of Centrum. Thank me later

And don't get a macbike. Ride the tram. GVB 1day-7day passes available. I'd would suggest no more than a 3 day pass. I don't think I have had a pass make it past three days intact. Enter the tram in back, exit on the front

use ATM's, they will give you the best exchange rates and less fees.

Fairplay
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Flying out tomorrow...can't ****ing wait...

A one way trip we hope.