PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs decided Jimmy Clausen was their guy.....

Mr. Flopnuts
04-03-2010, 11:17 PM
How do you think it would go down? I know this probably isn't going to happen. So spare me the stupid responses. It's almost 3 weeks to the draft and this is kind of the shit we do around here right now.

Personally, I think that if you know you want Clausen you don't fuck around and hope he's there at 5. I think you have to leap frog Washington, which could probably be done on the cheap. Washington definitely isn't drafting Tampa's selection so they get to move back and pay the guy less while picking up a draft pick. I think they'd take less value just for monetary reasons. Glazer is already fighting off a takeover bid on his new baby Manchester United IIRC.

Anyways, I think if draft night comes and all of a sudden there's an announcement at 3 that Tampa is involved in a trade, it's going to be somebody who's after Clausen. Mike Shanahan knows QB's and I think he's all over Clausen.

KCrockaholic
04-03-2010, 11:22 PM
KC is in a win-win situation as they sit @ 5. The problem will be if they choose the correct path.

By win-win I mean, if Berry is available @ 5 and Clausen is gone we take him. If Berry is gone, Clausen will be available most likely, that's another win situation.

I've been saying this for the last 3 months....If the Chiefs have a bad draft, it's because they literally tried to have a bad draft. As they sit today, we are in a perfect position for no matter what happens.

wazu
04-04-2010, 08:29 AM
KC is in a win-win situation as they sit @ 5. The problem will be if they choose the correct path.

By win-win I mean, if Berry is available @ 5 and Clausen is gone we take him. If Berry is gone, Clausen will be available most likely, that's another win situation.

I've been saying this for the last 3 months....If the Chiefs have a bad draft, it's because they literally tried to have a bad draft. As they sit today, we are in a perfect position for no matter what happens.

Oh, there will be much cursing and screaming in my house when they screw this up.

PhillyChiefFan
04-04-2010, 08:43 AM

100% agree. They have no excuse this year. This better be a great draft on their part.

They have a complete coaching staff. Head coach has a year under him as well as GM, and they have competent OC/DC. They can't blame the "previous admin...I mean coaching staff" this time :D

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
it would go down because either Berry or clausen is going to be there @5 when we pick ... maybe both players will.

1. Bradford
2. McCoy
3. Suh
4. Okung or Clausen
5. Berry or Clausen or Okung

if Berry and Clausen are both there the Chiefs might trade down 2 spots with Cleveland and then take Berry/Clausen. of course that depends on what the information says about who Seattle is going to take.

personally i would think that NFL teams would be hiring some kind of spy or some shit to get information about other team's draft boards LMAO

i wonder how much Pioli would pay me if i could get a copy on the draft board of all the other NFL teams? :fire:

http://ndn3.newsweek.com/media/25/71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

Sanka
04-04-2010, 09:51 AM

The only way I see us fucking this up is taking Sam Bustford or OT.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
The only way I see us fucking this up is taking Sam Bustford or OT.

I wouldn't write Bradford off just yet, if he gets in the right situation he could succeed. Like most young QB's that is a big part of developing their game.

patteeu
04-04-2010, 10:52 AM
If the Chiefs trade up, they'd better be right about Clausen. I'd rather them stay put or trade down and take whoever falls to them, but if they are convinced that Clausen is the man then they should do what it takes to get him.

BigChiefFan
04-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't write Bradford off just yet, if he gets in the right situation he could succeed. Like most young QB's that is a big part of developing their game.I'd love to see the Chiefs trade up for him, if they don't believe in Clausen.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd love to see the Chiefs trade up for him, if they don't believe in Clausen.

Clausen is a better for KC because of the continuity with him and Weis. With that said I would have no problem taking him, but due to the Chiefs' current coaching staff Clausen would succeed in this system more so than Bradford.

BigChiefFan
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Clausen is a better for KC because of the continuity with him and Weis. With that said I would have no problem taking him, but due to the Chiefs' current coaching staff Clausen would succeed in this system more so than Bradford.I know he fits the system, but does he fit in with Weiss? Weiss has been fairly quiet on Clausen.

mylittlepony
04-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I have absolute confidence in the frontoffice/coaches ability to determine if Clausen is worth it. KC has more information on Clausen then any other team. If they pull the trigger and move up Im fine with that. Its a calculated move. If they chose not to he probably wasnt the franchise QB KC was looking for. If Weis says this is the kid for the next 10 years, I think he will play in KC.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I know he fits the system, but does he fit in with Weiss? Weiss has been fairly quiet on Clausen.

Weis doesn't need to be vocal in the media because everyone knows that's his protege.Apparently behind the scenes from the information given from a "friend of ours" Charlie is really pushing to get Clausen with KC's first rounder.

BigChiefFan
04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Interesting article on Clausen...

Clausen Puts NFL Teams in Pickle21

3/05/2010 12:17 PM ET By John Walters

John Walters

To be honest, it is difficult to find fault with Jimmy Clausen between the goal posts.

The former Notre Dame quarterback could be taller. The Fighting Irish always listed him at 6-3, but the NFL scouting combine outed him at 6-2 1/2. Still, that height eclipses Mark Sanchez's measurement from a year ago. The former USC quarterback, who like Clausen was raised in southern California and left school following his junior season, was the fifth overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft by the New York Jets.

Height is not a major concern in Clausen's case. Depth is.

Is Clausen a punk or is he just someone who got punked outside a bar in South Bend in November? Is he disingenuous -- phony -- in the way he presents himself to the media, or is he simply circumspect, the product of having watched two older brothers, both former SEC quarterbacks, be mistreated in print? Was that black eye Clausen acquired just hours after playing his final home game at Notre Dame Stadium a most fitting symbol of his immaturity or is it the most unfairly received stigma since the "A" on Hester Prynne's gown?

To be honest, no one in the media truly knows. NFL franchises, however, who employ private investigators to discover such truths before they make eight-figure deals with 22-year-old men, are desperately trying to find out.

"To be honest..." That phrase, as well as "each and every day" are chronic Clausen crutches in interview settings. In a seven-minute radio chat with Colin Cowherd earlier this week, he used the former four times. Listening to Clausen speak, it feels as if he has been just as well-coached in the art of providing pat answers as he has in decoding a disguised eight-man front. Fairly or unfairly, the media has always resented him for it. For not being candid.

As a freshman, Clausen was quarantined from the media, with one or two exceptions, all season long. Former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis employed that policy with all freshmen during his five seasons in South Bend, so Clausen's silence was not abnormal.

In his final two seasons in South Bend, Clausen was always cordial with the media, but the wall of intimacy never crumbled. Replies were robotic, nearly Stepford-ian. Still, since Clausen was his starting quarterback, perhaps Weis should have made an exception. Especially as the national media, with no new Clausen-provided fodder on which to graze, continued to unfairly hammer him for an ill-conceived, two-mile, Hummer journey he'd taken as a high school junior. As if the Hummer were his idea. It may have been imprudent -- and impudent -- of him, but Clausen in more ways than one was simply along for the ride that day.

In his final two seasons in South Bend, Clausen was always cordial with the media, but the wall of intimacy never crumbled. Replies were robotic, nearly Stepford-ian. Last season, because they were the offensive team captains, Clausen and center Eric Olsen (whose candor was diametrically opposed to Clausen's calculation) met the media together each Wednesday afternoon. In the week before the October 31 Washington State game -- easily the most relaxed week of the season -- both were asked an innocent question: What's your most memorable Halloween costume?

Olsen, a gregarious Staten Island (NY) native (and Weis' personal favorite), launched into a tale about dressing up as Indiana Jones. When Clausen's turn came, he went to his favorite audible for a question he'd rather not answer: "I can't really remember."

Olsen interrupted, good-naturedly mimicking, "I'm Jimmy Clausen, I'm too cool for Halloween."

Clausen grinned sheepishly. It was a telling moment, though. Even his own center was calling him out for his aloofness.

Between the goal posts ... Clausen has always been the man with the golden arm. Frankly, he spoiled Irish fans with his uncanny accuracy the past three seasons. Last autumn, Clausen threw four interceptions versus 28 touchdown passes. One of the picks was a soft toss that slipped right through tailback Armando Allen's hands and the other a buttonhook that initially hit Michael Floyd between the numbers -- on the back of his jersey (Floyd misread the call and was blocking downfield, against Navy, when he should have been facing Clausen).

Clausen threw two legitimate interceptions in 395 attempts. That and his arm strength is why, like Sanchez, he will probably be the second quarterback taken somewhere in the top 10 picks in April's NFL Draft. And this only two seasons removed from being chronically -- and unfairly -- tagged as "overrated".

During an interminably miserable 2007 freshman season, Clausen was physically and mentally unprepared to play. Physically, because as someone recovering from offseason elbow surgery, he was limited in his ability to lift weights and add bulk. Mentally, because directing Weis' sophisticated passing attack as a true freshman would have been difficult for anyone. And that's before factoring in an offense that had lost its tailback, both wide receivers and four starters from the offensive line.

In 2007 the Irish allowed an NCAA-record 58 sacks (the previous worst in school history was 38, thus this figure represents an abominable 52 percent increase). While Clausen was not himself sacked 58 times, he absorbed most of the punishment. And stoically, from everything that could be surmised from afar.

This past season Clausen again demonstrated his toughness. Despite tearing tendons in his toe against Michigan State -- ironically, while being sacked for the first time all season and not until Notre Dame's third game -- Clausen never missed a start. One week later, he led the Irish back against Purdue on a breathless, game-winning drive that culminated in a game-winning, fourth-down touchdown pass to tight end Kyle Rudolph.

Afterward, on the turf at Purdue's Ross-Ade Stadium, Weis and Clausen shared a moment. It felt as if Weis were congratulating him for having achieved that Joe Montana moment. Weis, after all, had sat in the Notre Dame student section for all of them more than 30 years earlier.

One week after Clausen's Halloween press conference, Notre Dame arranged for four reporters -- from the AP, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times and South Bend Tribune -- to have an exclusive audience with Clausen. The idea was to provide them enhanced access to No. 7 in a more relaxed setting in anticipation of a November Heisman run by Clausen.

Every aspect of this forum was to Clausen's advantage. So when one reporter asked Clausen what he liked to do in his free time, he might have provided a more insightful response than, "Sleep."

The Irish never won another game with Clausen at quarterback. Though he was hardly to blame.

In the abysmal loss to Navy that week, Clausen set career marks for completions (a school-record 37) and passing yards (452) but it was his grit that won admirers. On the final play of the third quarter, Clausen was flushed from the pocket and attempted to bull past Midshipman cornerback Kevin Edwards for a touchdown. Edwards knocked Clausen silly -- you can almost see the tweetie birds circling his golden dome in this photo. Still, he returned on first down of the next series and threw for 225 yards and two touchdowns in that final, futile fourth quarter.

If only the Edwards hit had been the hardest anyone struck Clausen in November. Appearing earlier this week on "The Herd," Clausen at last addressed the issue. Cowherd asked him point-blank what happened, and here was Clausen's reply:

"We were hanging out at C.J.'s Pub for a few hours and we decided to leave. My girlfriend at this time, I'm walking out of there with my arm around her. And this guy recognizes who I am and starts cussing at me and screaming at me and screaming at my girlfriend at the time. And, you know, I just kind of laughed it off. And as soon as I walked by him, he just kinda cold-cocked me in the side of the face and that's pretty much the whole thing."

"It was never provoked?" Cowherd asked. "Some guy just took a cheap shot?"

"Just took a cheap shot at me," Clausen replied.

It struck me while listening to this exchange that Clausen never said, "To be honest." Was he being more or less candid?

Whether that is all that occurred is a matter that teams such as the Buffalo Bills, St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks are curious to learn. Not so much because a high-profile, 22-year-old isn't allowed to get into a scrape. But perhaps more so because, now that Clausen has for the first time provided a public account of the incident, any eyewitness who disputes his story opens up the question as to whether Clausen projects an image that is inconsistent with his true character.

There were too many moments in the past three seasons that felt mercenary, as if the Clausens (because it was never just Jimmy ... it was his parents and his older brothers, Rick and Casey) were treating Notre Dame as their gridiron Wally World. Moments after that final home loss to Connecticut, yet another devastating defeat in overtime to a team with less talent, defensive end John Ryan, a senior, took a knee and sobbed openly.

Clausen, who unlike Ryan knew that he was far from playing his final football game, ushered his family onto the field (even though family members are not permitted on the field) and posed for a photo. He knew this was his final game at Notre Dame Stadium.

Two weeks later, Clausen, wide receiver Golden Tate and now ex-coach Weis gathered for a press conference to announce that the two juniors were going pro. This in the same room on campus where Clausen had given so many vacuum-packed answers the past three seasons. When this reporter asked an admittedly convoluted question, Clausen smiled and said, "Can you repeat that, please? Golden didn't understand what you meant."

ShareFor the first time that anyone could remember, Jimmy Clausen allowed that there's a personality underneath that veneer after all. It's funny: in his final week in a Notre Dame uniform Clausen wore that tinted visor at practice so as to hide his discolored left eye. The visor also served to mask any expression Clausen might reveal. In a sense Clausen wore that visor his entire time in South Bend. For his sake, here's hoping he chucks it before draft day.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Interesting article on Clausen...

Clausen Puts NFL Teams in Pickle21

3/05/2010 12:17 PM ET By John Walters

Clausen can be an asshole, but keeps his composure on the field. Their is a difference between being intense, and being pissed and losing your cool which leads to mistakes. Cassel is a perfect example of that and,when he gets pissed it leads him to multiple turnovers.

milkman
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Tribal Warfare, the king of talking out of your ass.

chiefzilla1501
04-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Just a guess. I have a feeling the Chiefs will accept less than "book value" to trade down, and that they hope either Clausen or Berry will fall there. Especially if both are on the board.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can see it going down that way. I think you take one of those two if you can get them, no matter what. But then again, in a gamble, would be quite a thing if you get the guy you want AND get a second round pick.

(and if they trade down enough spots, I will shit my pants with fear that the pick is Bulaga).

BigChiefFan
04-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Trading down and still netting Dan Williams would be a major coup in my book. I'd like to think we have our draft board in order and still covet some of the players below where we pick.

patteeu
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Just a guess. I have a feeling the Chiefs will accept less than "book value" to trade down, and that they hope either Clausen or Berry will fall there. Especially if both are on the board.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can see it going down that way. I think you take one of those two if you can get them, no matter what. But then again, in a gamble, would be quite a thing if you get the guy you want AND get a second round pick.

(and if they trade down enough spots, I will shit my pants with fear that the pick is Bulaga).

I'd applaud this approach if we weren't talking about a QB. If the team is confident that he's a franchise QB, he's too valuable to pass on. No safety is good/important enough to be worth saying that at least if Clausen is gone we can still get Berry.

If the team doesn't have that confidence in Clausen, given all the intimate knowledge their OC has, then they probably shouldn't take him with their first pick anyway even after trading down.

If they were 2 players of roughly equal value and equal quality, I'd say trade down and take who's left. That doesn't work with a QB and a safety though, IMO.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Charlie Weis should know the real Clausen

chiefzilla1501
04-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd applaud this approach if we weren't talking about a QB. If the team is confident that he's a franchise QB, he's too valuable to pass on. No safety is good/important enough to be worth saying that at least if Clausen is gone we can still get Berry.

If the team doesn't have that confidence in Clausen, given all the intimate knowledge their OC has, then they probably shouldn't take him with their first pick anyway even after trading down.

If they were 2 players of roughly equal value and equal quality, I'd say trade down and take who's left. That doesn't work with a QB and a safety though, IMO.

I'm with you.

I'm talking about what I think they'll do, not what I would like to do.

I'd like to see the Chiefs take Clausen. I just sense that trade down is top on the Chiefs' mind.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm with you.

I'm talking about what I think they'll do, not what I would like to do.

I'd like to see the Chiefs take Clausen. I just sense that trade down is top on the Chiefs' mind.

Now that the Redskins aren't taking a QB, we could realistically have an opportunity to trade down if a team is really enamored with Clausen and the Chiefs don't view Berry as the right pick.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Now that the Redskins aren't taking a QB, we could realistically have an opportunity to trade down if a team is really enamored with Clausen and the Chiefs don't view Berry as the right pick.

:facepalm:

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
:facepalm:

Facepalm all you want. It will be considered.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Facepalm all you want. It will be considered.

That's is Weis' main man, so I don't believe they'll be moving from this pick if he is there

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 06:42 PM
That's is Weis' main man, so I don't believe they'll be moving from this pick if he is there

But he's not Pioli's man. That's the most important thing.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
But he's not Pioli's man. That's the most important thing.

Everyone has to be on board concerning the leader of the offense which is known as the QB position. If their is dissension of any kind amongst the coaching staff concerning Cassel that will affect the whole dynamic of the offense, and the team in a whole.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Everyone has to be on board concerning the leader of the offense which is known as the QB position. If their is dissension of any kind amongst the coaching staff concerning Cassel that affect the whole dynamic of the offense, and on the team.

And if we draft a QB a year after signing Cassel to a big contract you think there won't be dissension?

Cassel is getting one more year.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
And if we draft a QB a year after signing Cassel to a big contract you think there won't be dissension?

Cassel is getting one more year.

This upcoming season Weis wants someone to push Cassel in case if he fails or gets injured then you have the option he wanted and was agreed upon if any of those scenarios occurs.

milkman
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Tribal Warfare is an obsessive idiot that makes shit up to fit into his little fantasy world.

chiefzilla1501
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Tribal Warfare is an obsessive idiot that makes shit up to fit into his little fantasy world.

But it's an interesting point. I wouldn't say it with the certainty Tribal puts it in.

But a lot of people have knocked on Pioli for listening too much to Belichick. And the same people have knocked on him for having too much of an ego to listen to his coaches.

This is what makes the whole thing interesting to me. I think we'll find out soon enough which it is and I don't think any of us really know the answer to this. Because we know Weis wants Clausen. It will be a matter of if Pioli really listens to his coaches or if he's stuck on his Cassel pick.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
This upcoming season Weis wants someone to push Cassel in case if he fails or gets injured then you have the option he wanted and was agreed upon if any of those scenarios occurs.

what are you talking about here?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I think I have a better chance of banging Megan Fox in the next hour than we do of drafting a QB in the first round this year.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:14 PM
what are you talking about here?
Posted via Mobile Device

Secret Information Club stuff

doomy3
04-04-2010, 07:22 PM

It's embarrassing.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
But it's an interesting point. I wouldn't say it with the certainty Tribal puts it in.

But a lot of people have knocked on Pioli for listening too much to Belichick. And the same people have knocked on him for having too much of an ego to listen to his coaches.

This is what makes the whole thing interesting to me. I think we'll find out soon enough which it is and I don't think any of us really know the answer to this. Because we know Weis wants Clausen. It will be a matter of if Pioli really listens to his coaches or if he's stuck on his Cassel pick.

how do we know weis wants clausen? he said the same things about quinn. why didnt we get him? he went for peanuts
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Scott Pioli told him to shutup?

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I think I have a better chance of banging Megan Fox in the next hour than we do of drafting a QB in the first round this year.

we know
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
how do we know weis wants clausen? he said the same things about quinn. why didnt we get him? he went for peanuts
Posted via Mobile Device

The Browns apparently were demanding a lavish amount of picks for Quinn, from the info from a " friend of ours" it would've went down if they lowered their price.

Mecca
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
In all honesty regardless of what Charlie Weis thinks it doesn't matter, he isn't making the decisions.

For all we know Pioli told him "Cassel is our guy make him better"

doomy3
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
The Browns apparently were demanding a lavish amount of picks for Quinn, from the info from a " friend of ours" it would've went down if they lowered their price.

ROFL

You do know what he got traded for, don't you?

Why didn't it go down?

DeezNutz
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
ROFL

Why didn't it go down?

In fairness, the price of extra value meals is pretty high.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
ROFL

Why didn't it go down?

Ask you know our friend that has the info. I'm just citing what he E-mailed the club from memory.

Mecca
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Not all info is correct info, the Quinn info seems to be complete bullshit when you see what they got for him.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Not all info is correct info, the Quinn info seems to be complete bullshit when you see what they got for him.

"the source" has been very reliable thus far

doomy3
04-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Ask you know our friend that has the info. I'm just citing what he E-mailed the club from memory.

I would, but he's not the one making an ass out of himself in every thread talking about this.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:39 PM
"the source" has been very reliable thus far

so we know that weis said quinn would/should be a top ten qb. he got traded for a low LOW pick and we didnt get him, now use some kind of logic and get the fact that weis HAD to pimp his guy. well really see how he feels draft day
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I would, but he's not the one making an ass out of himself in every thread talking about this.

Who's making an ass out of whom? You're berating me on almost every thread, and you think you can get your point across by incessantly making this like it is a middle school scuffle. I have no problem with anyone on the board, but some have a problem with me which I have no reason why. That's life, you can't please everyone and I'm cool with that. Though it is pathetic that some of you guys take this so personally over a fuckin football opinion.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Who's making an ass out of whom? You're berating me on almost every thread, and you think you can get your point across by incessantly making this like it is a middle school scuffle. I have no problem with anyone on the board, but some have a problem with me which I have no reason why. That's life, you can't please everyone and I'm cool with that. Though it is pathetic that some of you guys take this so personally over a fuckin football opinion.

i think/know that happens because you say it ten times in each and every thread. we get it
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Who's making an ass out of whom? You're berating me on almost every thread, and you think you can get your point across by incessantly making this like it is a middle school scuffle. I have no problem with anyone on the board, but some have a problem with me which I have no reason why. That's life, you can't please everyone and I'm cool with that. Though it is pathetic that some of you guys take this so personally over a ****in football opinion.

I have no problem with you personally. I do have a problem with your mind boggling reasoning skills. The way you come to come conclusions is unbelievable. Milkman said it quite well earlier in this thread when he pointed out how obsessive you become over certain things and you bend facts to somehow fit into what you so desperately want to believe. For someone who obviously tries very hard to come across as intelligent on this board (your understanding of the use of the words "there, their, and they're" notwithstanding), I can't understand how you can have such poor reasoning skills.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I have no problem with you personally. I do have a problem with your mind boggling reasoning skills. The way you come to come conclusions is unbelievable. Milkman said it quite well earlier in this thread when he pointed out how obsessive you become over certain things and you bend facts to somehow fit into what you so desperately want to believe. For someone who obviously tries very hard to come across as intelligent on this board (your understanding of the use of the words "there, their, and they're" notwithstanding), I can't understand how you can have such poor reasoning skills.

I can point out how Milkman is obsessive about defending Albert, or how some of the boys were hella pissed about the Sanchez situation. It's an opinion nothing more.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I can point out how Milkman is obsessive about defending Albert, or how some of the boys were hella pissed about the Sanchez situation. It's an opinion nothing more.

but those are situations that are happening now. we can see them. not guess and make shit up.

you should be L.M.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
but those are situations that are happening now. we can see them. not guess and make shit up.

you should be L.M.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm citing what the E-Mail said , and that is all. Concerning this issue, if it said something else like" Cassel is king, and won't be dethroned". I'd take that to the bank too.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm citing what the E-Mail said , and that is all. Concerning this issue, if it said something else like" Cassel is king, and won't be dethroned". I'd take that to the bank too.

did the e mail instruct you to suck croyles cock also?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
did the e mail instruct you to suck croyles cock also?
Posted via Mobile Device

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6651749&postcount=48

I guess my other post didn't sink through. Let me guess one of you guys will say something of the line of " stop being a dumbfuck, because I don't agree with you and let that sink through." Around those lines of course, then we get in this song and dance once again and nothing gets accomplished because of the negative feedback.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
If the Clausen and Berry are both there when we pick ... and i think they will be, then i could see the Chiefs trading down with cleveland.

Cleveland gets Clausen and we get Berry

it involves the risk of Seattle taking Berry or someone trading up for him.

also depends on how much Weis likes Clausen ... he will have to REALLY,REALLY be sure about Clausen and tell Pioli as much. I just don't see how anyone can be sold on Cassel at this point. If Weis says Clausen is a guy i can win a super bowl with then they might just draft him.

SAUTO
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6651749&postcount=48

I guess my other post didn't sink through. Let me guess one of you guys will say something of the line of " stop being a dumbfuck, because I don't agree with you and let that sink through." Around those lines of course, then we get in this song and dance once again and nothing gets accomplished because of the negative feedback.

its the fact that you repeat yourself
Posted via Mobile Device

RedThat
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
If the Clausen and Berry are both there when we pick ... and i think they will be, then i could see the Chiefs trading down with cleveland.

also depends on how much Weis likes Clausen ... he will have to REALLY,REALLY be sure about Clausen and tell Pioli as much. I just don't see how anyone can be sold on Cassel at this point. If Weis says Clausen is a guy i can win a super bowl with then they might just draft him.

This is off-topic but who is the chick in your avatar

Mr. Flopnuts
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Well, looks like Shanahan isn't looking at Clausen after all.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM

If we trade with the Browns it will be so they can draft Berry. They've got a hole at Safety that they would love to fill.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
If we trade with the Browns it will be so they can draft Berry. They've got a hole at Safety that they would love to fill.
They signed Delhomme to a 2 year contract ... he is not their long term solution. He's a stop gap for a young QB they draft this year or next.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
They signed Delhomme to a 2 year contract ... he is not their long term solution. He's a stop gap for a young QB they draft this year or next.

I actually think it would be Seneca Wallace starting if the season began today. He's well versed in Holmgren's system. Not that he's a long term solution either.

Regardless, the Browns would be all over Berry if he fell to them. They won't trade up to draft a QB, though.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I actually think it would be Seneca Wallace starting if the season began today. He's well versed in Holmgren's system. Not that he's a long term solution either.

Regardless, the Browns would be all over Berry if he fell to them. They won't trade up to draft a QB, though.
1. Seneca as already proven he's a replacement backup guy already. They won't count on him to start all year.

2. Delhomme wouldn't of sign with them if they didn't say he was their 1st choice as a starter immediately

3. cleveland has shown the willingness to trade up for a QB before.

4. you don't know, i don't know what cleveland will or won't do so don't act like you do.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
1. Seneca as already proven he's a replacement backup guy already. They won't count on him to start all year.

2. Delhomme wouldn't of sign with them if they didn't say he was their 1st choice as a starter immediately

3. cleveland has shown the willingness to trade up for a QB before.

4. you don't know, i don't know what cleveland will or won't do so don't act like you do.

1 & 2. Seneca knows Holmgren's offense much better than Delhomme. Delhomme will be given a chance to start, which is probably why he signed with the Browns. I'm pretty sure no other teams were even offering him that much. Neither guy is the answer, but Holmgren would certainly take Berry and plug the QB hole.

3. How well did trading up for a QB work for them before?

4. They've got their defensive backfield set for him as it is right now. From Rotoworld:

Browns beat writer Marla Ridenour believes that the additions of Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong may have "cleared the way" for the team to draft Tennessee S Eric Berry with the No. 7 overall pick.
The feeling is that both cornerback positions, and the outside 'backer spot opposite Matt Roth, are filled enough for Cleveland to draft a safety in the top ten. Berry would be an instant upgrade over incumbent FS Mike Adams, although it remains to be seen whether he'll fall past Kansas City and Seattle.

chiefzilla1501
04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
1 & 2. Seneca knows Holmgren's offense much better than Delhomme. Delhomme will be given a chance to start, which is probably why he signed with the Browns. I'm pretty sure no other teams were even offering him that much. Neither guy is the answer, but Holmgren would certainly take Berry and plug the QB hole.

3. How well did trading up for a QB work for them before?

4. They've got their defensive backfield set for him as it is right now. From Rotoworld:

Browns beat writer Marla Ridenour believes that the additions of Sheldon Brown and Chris Gocong may have "cleared the way" for the team to draft Tennessee S Eric Berry with the No. 7 overall pick.
The feeling is that both cornerback positions, and the outside 'backer spot opposite Matt Roth, are filled enough for Cleveland to draft a safety in the top ten. Berry would be an instant upgrade over incumbent FS Mike Adams, although it remains to be seen whether he'll fall past Kansas City and Seattle.

#1 - I think Seneca Wallace walks in to camp as the #1 QB. Delhomme walks out as starter. It's not Holmgren's system anymore. Wallace will need to learn a new offense too. And quite frankly, Delhomme is well-versed in this version of an offense and probably a lot moreso than the one he started running in the back-end of Carolina. I think Delhomme will surprise many. He's going to play a lot better in this offense that he's more comfortable with. That being said, he's still a good not great starter.
#2 - Holmgren wasn't involved with the Brady Quinn mistake. He is a QB guru and one of the best in the game at evaluating QB talent. If he likes Clausen, he'll take him. And if I were a Browns' fan, I'd trust his decision either way.