PDA

View Full Version : ****Official Please friggin' Draft Clausen Thread****

Sully
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not on the fence this year. This is the guy I want. He (barring a surprise trade) will be available at our pick.

Please, Scott, draft us a franchise QB!

RustShack
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I second this motion.

RustShack
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I love Shannahan.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
You guys are funny.

BossChief
04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Wanna sell out that fucking massive stadium for 15 years?

DRAFT JIMMY FUCKING CLAUSEN!!

(then go defense the rest of the way)

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Wanna sell out that fucking massive stadium for 15 years?

DRAFT JIMMY FUCKING CLAUSEN!!

(then go defense the rest of the way)
omg ... if you draft Jimmy Clausen you better not "go defense the rest of the way"

you better get some Oline help somewhere and a speed receiver

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
omg ... if you draft Jimmy Clausen you better not "go defense the rest of the way"

you better get some Oline help somewhere and a speed receiver

Why? Just sit Clausen's ass on the bench and let Cassel suck monkey balls. Get the QB, fix the defense. Then next year, when its an offensive draft, get Clausen his toys.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Why? Just sit Clausen's ass on the bench and let Cassel suck monkey balls. Get the QB, fix the defense. Then next year, when its an offensive draft, get Clausen his toys.

He shall be dubbed Santa Clausen, stealing cookies from defenses and giving the gift of victory to KC.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
because you want the offensive line to have a year to get ready.

if you get offensive lineman and toys next year then it will take another year before they are ready. we don't have to go all offense, but we don't go all defense either. i want a young center and right tackle ready to go next year. A wide receiver takes awhile too.

If we draft a QBotF then NOTHING is more important than giving him the protection and weapons to succeed. Nothing.

i don't care if the defense gives up 60 points a game this year as long as we get the offense settled with the protection and weapons to allow Clausen to succeed at a super bowl level.

TRR
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Not going to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
See: Mark Sanchez

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-04-2010, 08:49 PM
because you want the offensive line to have a year to get ready.

if you get offensive lineman and toys next year then it will take another year before they are ready. we don't have to go all offense, but we don't go all defense either. i want a young center and right tackle ready to go next year. A wide receiver takes awhile too.

If we draft a QBotF then NOTHING is more important than giving him the protection and weapons to succeed. Nothing.

i don't care if the defense gives up 60 points a game this year as long as we get the offense settled with the protection and weapons to allow Clausen to succeed at a super bowl level.

We aren't winning the SB next year. We aren't competing for anything.

If we draft Clausen, we should draft nothing but defense, save for maybe a slot WR, and one OL.

Next year, get him his #1 WR with your #1 pick, shore up any holes in the line, and the team is set on O.

Mecca
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are about the only franchise that could possibly have 3 straight top 5 picks and not take a QB.

BossChief
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
If Lilja and Albert have good showings, the line doesn't need much more major fixing.

Next year we move Bowe to #2 and draft a true #1 (when there is a true #1 available that has all pro potential, Michael Floyd being one of them) and start Clausen...if Cassel shows up like a real quarterback, we have a great dilemma on our hands, just look at Philly. The defense would be coming along nicely by then and we would be energized.

RedThat
04-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I think if they draft a couple of Olinemen in like rounds 3, 4 or even 5. That'd be okay.

Mainly, get a center, and draft another guard or right tackle. Albert, and Lilja are your long term solutions.

BossChief
04-04-2010, 08:52 PM
the perception of this team would be far different than we have ever seen before.

therefore it wont happen.

TRR
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
the perception of this team would be far different than we have ever seen before.

therefore it wont happen.

Until Clausen steps in and has a "Cassel" type first season, and everyone on the Planet immediately considers him a bust.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Cassel's biggest ballwasher chimes in.

Mecca
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
TRR is one of the few people who doesn't think Matt Cassel is a scrub.

That should be a disclaimer under his posts.

TRR
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Hey fag I'm all about Clausen at #5. I'd rather have Berry but either way KC isn't drafting Clausen.

I have no problem showing Cassel the door for Clausen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey Hey Hey, why the gay slur?

TRR
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Not enough information to make that decision yet. Too many issues around him to make an educated decision.

I'm all for Clausen at #5. It won't happen though...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
says the professional ballwasher.......

you follow mecca around so closely washing his balls that he will snap your neck if he doesn't flash his turn signal to warn you.

BossChief
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Until Clausen steps in and has a "Cassel" type first season, and everyone on the Planet immediately considers him a bust.
Posted via Mobile Device

not true at all

Look at how the Branden Albert situation is being handled by some board members s a microcosm of how it would be handled.

TRR
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
not true at all

Look at how the Branden Albert situation is being handled by some board members s a microcosm of how it would be handled.

Lol! Your really comparing how Chiefs fans on this board view Left Tackles to Quarterbacks?

Right....
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Lol! Your really comparing how Chiefs fans on this board view Left Tackles to Quarterbacks?

Right....
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a general rule of thumb that a player should have at least 3 years to prove himself that he can play in the NFL at a high level. Which is why the average NFL career is 3.2 years

Mecca
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Most Chiefs fans think a LT is more important than a QB, that's our fan base.

TRR
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM

Most Chiefs posters on this board still think Trent Green was a below average QB, and wanted to throw him under the bus after his first year and a half.

This board is and always has been tough on QBs. It won't be any different if Clausen struggles out of the gate.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
says the professional ballwasher.......

you follow mecca around so closely washing his balls that he will snap your neck if he doesn't flash his turn signal to warn you.

Ok Laz whatever you think. ROFL

BossChief
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
I meant with how patient most of us are with him because we realize it takes time at that crucial position.

The general problem is Cassel showed to be NOT developing at a very advanced age.

I cant speak for everyone but if Cassel was 22 and started three years in college and progressed each year dramatically, I would probably be defending him and the pick right now.

He wasnt and he isnt and Im not.

Hes gonna be 28 and he played worse than a rookie starting week 1.

TRR
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I meant with how patient most of us are with him because we realize it takes time at that crucial position.

The general problem is Cassel showed to be NOT developing at a very advanced age.

I cant speak for everyone but if Cassel was 22 and started three years in college and progressed each year dramatically, I would probably be defending him and the pick right now.

He played like a rookie because (1) He's started a total of 30 games in his NFL career and didn't start in college. (2) The talent around, or lack of talent, was in shambles for most of the season.

Most posters think I love Cassel, and follow him blindly. The TRUTH is that I simply think he had too many cards stacked against him to succeed last season, and will reserve judgement until the end of the 2010 season.

If Cassel's surroundings even out, and he still lays an egg like most arm chair QB's predict, then move on...preferably with Clausen.

Posted via Mobile Device

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM

He didn't play week 1 :p

melbar
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM

I dont think you can have one without the other and be succesful...

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
I dont think you can have one without the other and be succesful...

See Roethlisberger, Ben.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Im on the full Berry bandwagon, but i would not be upset one bit, if we took Clausen

Cosmos
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I expect Cassell to be significantly better this season.

Better offensive coaching staff, solid running back tandem, hopefully 16 games from Bowe & Chambers, no Mike Goff, Albert's improvement, competition at C, a second year with a simular playbook, and hopefully a real TE will be drafted and developed, fewer negative plays.

I can't be the only one to rember Cassell hinting, but not coming all the way out and saying that he wasn't getting much positional coaching during he season from the offensive staff (Haley).

He will get that attention to detail from Charlie.

He may not be a game changer, but I don't expect him to shit the bed like 2009.

DeezNutz
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM
He may not be a game changer, but I don't expect him to shit the bed like 2009.

Then we need to look for his replacement immediately.

I think everyone expects Cassel to improve this year. Heck, 44/46 is pretty impressive suck. So he could make enormous strides and still be mediocre (and, joy!, in the prime of his career).

We need a QB; Cassel is not the answer.

KCrockaholic
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Im on the full Berry bandwagon, but i would not be upset one bit, if we took Clausen

This X's 100!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-04-2010, 10:29 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_wCUG6pO1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_wCUG6pO1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

notorious
04-04-2010, 10:34 PM
We as Chief's fans need to stop supporting mediocre QB play.

If a QB doesn't have "it", get rid of them and draft a QB every year until you find one.

MoreLemonPledge
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM

If a QB doesn't have "it", get rid of them and draft a QB every year until you find one.

Really? And then what happens to the rest of the team?

wazu
04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
@JoshLooney (Chiefs PR Guy) just tweeted:

"gonna b tough to find scenario where KC has choice between Berry or 1st tackle on board w/ WASH getting McNabb #clauseneffect"

Dave Lane
04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
IF

FYP

notorious
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Really? And then what happens to the rest of the team?

Use free-agency and the later round picks for other positions?

If you are short in the QB position, Superbowls are a distant dream.

Reaper16
04-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Most Chiefs posters on this board still think Trent Green was a below average QB, and wanted to throw him under the bus after his first year and a half.

This board is and always has been tough on QBs. It won't be any different if Clausen struggles out of the gate.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, tough on traded-for veteran QBs. That you don't think we'd show appropriate patience with a rookie QB prospect shows that you care so little about our input that you don't bother to understand how we think or what perspectives we're coming from.

So fuck you.

Ebolapox
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I hate you, josh looney. we don't want the first LT.

jjchieffan
04-04-2010, 10:58 PM

Brilliant!!! Look at Drew Brees. He was slow to develop. So they followed your idea by drafting/trading for Rivers. Then, they let Brees go to New Orleans and kept Rivers. A solid QB, but no Drew Brees. Look who has the Ring, and who is still coming up short every year. A little more patience by San Diego, and they might be the Champs instead of Nawlins.

notorious
04-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Brilliant!!! Look at Drew Brees. He was slow to develop. So they followed your idea by drafting/trading for Rivers. Then, they let Brees go to New Orleans and kept Rivers. A solid QB, but no Drew Brees. Look who has the Ring, and who is still coming up short every year. A little more patience by San Diego, and they might be the Champs instead of Nawlins.

There are exceptions to every rule.

I am willing to put my money on probability, not an exception.

BigChiefFan
04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
QB always brings the best value. The Redskins may have just done us a huge favor. I'm beginning to think it's QB or bust. Clausen while not ideal in size, has the makings of becoming a very good QB in the league.

notorious
04-04-2010, 11:09 PM
QB always brings the best value. The Redskins may have just done us a huge favor. I'm beginning to think it's QB or bust. Clausen while not ideal in size, has the makings of becoming a very good QB in the league.

He is interesting enough to take a shot at IMO.

I would rather take a shot at greatness and fail then go down the same path this team has been dragging us through.

BossChief
04-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, tough on traded-for veteran QBs. That you don't think we'd show appropriate patience with a rookie QB prospect shows that you care so little about our input that you don't bother to understand how we think or what perspectives we're coming from.

So fuck you.

:bravo:

Mecca
04-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Phillip Rivers, just an ok QB?

Rivers would be the best QB our franchise has ever had...

BossChief
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Phillip Rivers, just an ok QB?

Joe Montana was pretty good.

So was Len Dawson (but I am too young to have seen it with my own eyes, live anyway)

its the thought that counts though and I agree with the meaning of your post.

Mecca
04-04-2010, 11:57 PM
And let's be honest, Cassel is not going to turn into Brees, he's not 26 entering his 4th season which is make or break season after 3 years of subpar performance as a starter after a college career where he put up big numbers coming out of a spread.

Cassel is 28 and largely been a bench warmer.

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2010, 11:58 PM

Umm Dawson and Montana are better than Rivers.

notorious
04-05-2010, 12:00 AM
And let's be honest, Cassel is not going to turn into Brees, he's not 26 entering his 4th season which is make or break season after 3 years of subpar performance as a starter after a college career where he put up big numbers coming out of a spread.

Cassel is 28 and largely been a bench warmer.

Exactly.

We all know he isn't the one, so why not cut our losses and move on, only this time take a shot at someone who might be great.

If/when Claussen doesn't work out, restart the process.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:00 AM
We can't even count Montana, dude being traded here for a cup of coffee in his career is not the same as being drafted by and playing out 15 years like Rivers will do in San Diego.

Dawson sure that's a different era that I never saw because I wasn't alive, but I'm sure everyone gets the point.

Phillip Rivers is not just an ok QB or just a guy.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Exactly.

We all know he isn't the one, so why not cut our losses and move on, only this time take a shot at someone who might be great.

If/when Claussen doesn't work out, restart the process.

Why not, well because Cassel is Pioli's move going in a different direction already makes him look bad and like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Secondly if you do draft a QB and he fails they probably all got fired because you just botched 2 QB's in a really short time span.

I still think when you look at draft picks you should always factor in if the guys are looking to cover their asses, if that's the case this year this team is going to take an OT and a lot of offensive players.

notorious
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Why not, well because Cassel is Pioli's move going in a different direction already makes him look bad and like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Secondly if you do draft a QB and he fails they probably all got fired because you just botched 2 QB's in a really short time span.

I still think when you look at draft picks you should always factor in if the guys are looking to cover their asses, if that's the case this year this team is going to take an OT and a lot of offensive players.

Agreed, I was speaking as if our GM is going to try to take a shot at greatness and possibly fail instead of covering his job/ass.

Fat chance.

beach tribe
04-05-2010, 12:06 AM

If we don't pick Berry, Clausen is the only pick that would be keep me from stealing a crop duster and dropping a barrel of Fail brand of antifreeze on Pioli as he's leaving Arrowhead.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
With as much money as Scott Pioli is making I don't see him taking any kind of major risk shot for greatness moves.

I see him doing things to try to say employed for as long as possible.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:08 AM
If we don't pick Berry, Clausen is the only pick that would be keep me from stealing a crop duster and dropping a barrel of Fail brand of antifreeze on Pioli as he's leaving Arrowhead.

I think the Chiefs will call up Cleveland and Buffalo see if either one wants to move for Berry/Clausen...

The Chiefs are going to do everything they can to make Cassel look like he's not a failure, expect an OT and a WR with one of the 2nd round picks.

notorious
04-05-2010, 12:09 AM

Reminds me of Carl Peterson Part De........ well, you know.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Dude most of the fan base here is fuckin stupid, they think we need an OT, he doesn't even have to make a play for a QB for 80% of this town to think he's gettin it done.

notorious
04-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Dude most of the fan base here is ****in stupid, they think we need an OT, he doesn't even have to make a play for a QB for 80% of this town to think he's gettin it done.

It is 100% out here in the Bronco/Chief Divide.

I wonder why I associate with fans that are blind homers.

RoR once suggested that I need to Kill em' All. Perhaps that would be easier then trying to convince them that QB, not the offensive line, is more important.

beach tribe
04-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Agreed, I was speaking as if our GM is going to try to take a shot at greatness and possibly fail instead of covering his job/ass.

Fat chance.

Given the history of the Hunt family, I think Pioli can easily draft Clausen, and would look like a genious for doing so if Cassel falters. When Pioli came here, he and Hunt both hinted that Pioli will be here for a while, and you better believe it. He's going to be given more than 1 shot at a QB.
If he does not choose JC, and Cassel bombs, passing on JC will be talked about as well. Everone has to believe we will win more games next season with this schedule, and we may not have another shot at a top tier prospect.
Getting to have Weis as his mentor coming into the league is just the ideal situation for him, and us. I really hope we pick him. Hell i'm one of Pioli's biggest supporters, but if don't come out of the 1st with Berry or JC, he's gonna have to make me eat a healthy portion crow to get me back on his boat.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 12:25 AM
If he takes Clausen casual fan is going to flip out and the Chiefs need to move tickets...

mylittlepony
04-05-2010, 01:35 AM
With as much money as Scott Pioli is making I don't see him taking any kind of major risk shot for greatness moves.

The hunts arn't exactly known to have itchy trigger fingers. The columbus crew (MSL) never fired a GM (one left for the texans the other one for the falcons). Carl was around for what felt like an eternity. I dont think a GM in his second year has anything to fear.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 01:38 AM
The hunts arn't exactly known to have itchy trigger fingers. The columbus crew (MSL) never fired a GM (one left for the texans the other one for the falcons). Carl was around for what felt like an eternity. I dont think a GM in his second year has anything to fear.

Probably not but several high profile failures at QB could speed up that process where if he just gets solid players that put the Chiefs back at say 10-6 and fill that stadium...he's golden.

Chiefs=Champions
04-05-2010, 02:20 AM
If Pioli wants to put fans in the seats he should really just draft Berry. The casual fans seem to like him......

beach tribe
04-05-2010, 04:18 AM
If Pioli wants to put fans in the seats he should really just draft Berry. The casual fans seem to like him......

There's no reason not to like him. I want a QB, but will settle for an Ed Reed clone. Dude is the real deal. He and Flowers would be scary good.

beach tribe
04-05-2010, 04:21 AM
If he takes Clausen casual fan is going to flip out and the Chiefs need to move tickets...

Casual fans also flip flop a lot, and if we drafted Clausen, he would automatically become the 2nd coming in their minds, and being a QB, would generate a huge interest. No other pick could sell more tix IMO regardless of what they say before he's drafted.

Chiefs=Champions
04-05-2010, 05:09 AM
honestly if pioli thinks fans wont like him picking berry or clausen.... well thats just sooo dumb...

RustShack
04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Did some dumb fuck just compare Cassel to Brees? Wasn't Brees the #32 pick in the draft and a good college QB? Doesn't Brees actually have a good arm and is accurate and always has been?

ChiefaRoo
04-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Did some dumb **** just compare Cassel to Brees? Wasn't Brees the #32 pick in the draft and a good college QB? Doesn't Brees actually have a good arm and is accurate and always has been?

Brees was a great college QB. Highly accurate, clutch and smart as hell. I advocated KC getting this guy back in the day. He was the second coming of Lenny D. I don't hate Cassel but you can't compare the two coming out of college or for what they've done in the league. Not even close.

MoreLemonPledge
04-05-2010, 07:37 AM
So I'm confused.

Last year people were saying that Cassel and Sanchez will forever be linked together. Now it's Cassel and Clausen.

Who will it be next year?

BigCatDaddy
04-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Sign me up on this one.

Reaper16
04-05-2010, 08:02 AM
So I'm confused.

Last year people were saying that Cassel and Sanchez will forever be linked together. Now it's Cassel and Clausen.

The telling part is in the phrasing of your question. Who will it be as opposed to who might it be. See, any QB that is passed over in favor of keeping Cassel will forever become part of the story. Your question is phrased in such a way as to indicate that the Chiefs will draft in the top 5 again next year and will pass on a QB again next year.

Brock
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
So I'm confused.

It will be every franchise QB drafted for as long as Cassel is here, because if there's anything Chiefs fans know, it's years wasted on a QB their GM fell in love with.

DJ's left nut
04-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Please.

bsp4444
04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm on board with taking Claussen at #5. I'd like to think we will not be picking this high again for some time, and taking advantage of this position with the potential (and really it is just potential) of getting a franchise guy just seems to make more and more sense to me. Cassel's contract is set up for this kind of move, too.

DJ's left nut
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are about the only franchise that could possibly have 3 straight top 5 picks and not take a QB.

Especially when they're trotting out guys like Damon Huard and Matt Cassel at QB.

It's just unbelievable

OnTheWarpath15
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Especially when they're trotting out guys like Damon Huard and Matt Cassel at QB.

It's just unbelievable

*cough*

What about me?

Sincerely,

Tyler Thigpen

the Talking Can
04-05-2010, 09:30 AM

i'd be thrilled with berry

but nothing will excite a fanbase more than giving them a "QBOTF" to rally around...it provides a face and a focus for your whole franchise.

Most people in KC have never had the thrill of their own franchise selecting a QB in the top 5.

Nothing would create more interest, curiosity, speculation, radio chatter, hope, etc...but we're the Chiefs...which means we'll never do the one thing which is a prerequisite for winning a superbowl.

we're pretty much a big phony of a franchise, and Clark is a tight wad loser

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Well this is a fun little factoid to face on a Monday morning.

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
For the record, I'd be satisified with Berry but thrilled with Clausen.

Passing on a top QB prospect, even to select an elite prospect at a lesser position (than QB), is not wise. If Berry and Clausen are both on the board, selecting Berry will definitely be a mistake.

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I'll be happy with either Clausen or Berry. I'd JIMP for Clausen though.....being a Notre Dame fan and all.

OnTheWarpath15
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
i'd be thrilled with berry

but nothing will excite a fanbase more than giving them a "QBOTF" to rally around...it provides a face and a focus for your whole franchise.

Most people in KC have never had the thrill of their own franchise selecting a QB in the top 5.

Nothing would create more interest, curiosity, speculation, radio chatter, hope, etc...but we're the Chiefs...which means we'll never do the one thing which is a prerequisite for winning a superbowl.

For pretty much every other fanbase in the NFL, I'd agree.

Sadly, the majority of this dumbass fanbase thinks Cassel is that QBOTF.

OnTheWarpath15
04-05-2010, 09:42 AM

Passing on a top QB prospect, even to select an elite prospect at a lesser position (than QB), is not wise. If Berry and Clausen are both on the board, selecting Berry will definitely be a mistake.

It's one that I could live with, though.

Passing on them both for someone else would be the biggest mistake.

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
FQBOB. 27 years and counting since the last effort.

Franchise Quarterback or Bust.

<------------------------tired of mediocrity and willing acceptance.

the Talking Can
04-05-2010, 09:50 AM

x1000

Nightfyre
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Next year it will be Cassel vs. Locker, fwiw. If the chiefs pass on clausen at 5, I hope that its on the basis of advice from weis and not because of cassel. At least then I know we had the most informed opinion in the league. Plus we can draft a qb next year in the deepest qb draft in the last 20 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Next year it will be Cassel vs. Locker, fwiw. If the chiefs pass on clausen at 5, I hope that its on the basis of advice from weis and not because of cassel. At least then I know we had the most informed opinion in the league. Plus we can draft a qb next year in the deepest qb draft in the last 20 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or we can get Clausen this year and draft him a WR in the 1st round next year.

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I won't believe this. I could care less if Weis says as much after the draft, since he'll be singing the company tune.

If we pass on Clausen, it's yet more evidence that Pioli is an idiot.

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I won't believe this. I could care less if Weis says as much after the draft, since he'll be singing the company tune.

If we pass on Clausen, it's yet more evidence that Pioli is an idiot.

If we pass on Berry or Clausen at #5.....Pioli is borderline retarded.

Nightfyre
04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
It is also the deepest wr class pretty much ever. There is also ample evidence that clausen has thrived in weis' system and the substantial jumpstart clausen has on the learning curve cannot be underestimated. Realistically, an extra year of a good qb in his prime is worth a lot. I just don't see how we don't take clausen.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedThat
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
This is what I would do if I were the Chiefs:

-IF Clausen and Berry are there at #5 which there is a great possibility they will be, you take Clausen.

-In round 2, fix the linebacking corps. Add another passrusher that can next lineup next to Hali, and draft a ILB or NT like Cam Thomas that will help the defense.

Get your quarterback, fix the defense in round 2. And a great start would be to fix the passrush, and by adding a good nose or ILB that a step in the right direction towards stopping the run.

Nightfyre
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
This is what I would do if I were the Chiefs:

-IF Clausen and Berry are there at #5 which there is a great possibility they will be, you take Clausen.

-In round 2, fix the linebacking corps. Add another passrusher that can next lineup next to Hali, and draft a ILB or NT like Cam Thomas that will help the defense.

Get your quarterback, fix the defense in round 2. And a great start would be to fix the passrush, and by adding a good nose or ILB that a step in the right direction towards stopping the run.

I think if everson griffen drops to 25 or so, you have to move up back into the first round and get him. He could be an every down beast in our 34.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Give me Clausen this year and Floyd next year.....

Mr. Laz
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I'll be happy with either Clausen or Berry. I'd JIMP for Clausen though.....being a Notre Dame fan and all.:facepalm:

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
:facepalm:

That's a facepalm because?

Mr. Laz
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
That's a facepalm because?
cuz Notre lame sucks jesus dick

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
cuz Notre lame sucks jesus dick

And you're a fan of?

Fish
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Clausen. A thousand times. Do it. Do it. Seriously... Divine omnipotent being... just give me this one...

BigChiefFan
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Clausen Getting Quizzed
Written by Christian McCollum Wednesday, 24 March 2010 01:29

Clausen had one-on-ones with the Redskins and 49ers on Tuesday.Some questions are silly, some are not, but former Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen seems to have been asked everything leading up to the NFL Draft, which starts on April 22.

“It ranges,” Clausen said on Tuesday of the inquiries from NFL teams on Tuesday.

Clausen was in town for Notre Dame’s Pro Day, although he is still recovering from toe surgery and did not participate. Following the workouts, Clausen had extensive one-on-one interviews with scouts from the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers.

The silly, “Are you a dog or a cat?” Clausen chuckled. “I said I was a dog. If you had to choose, what kind of tree would you be?”

For the record, Clausen chose an oak tree.

“Those are some of the questions they ask, it’s pretty funny,” he said. “They just want to get to know you, your personality.”

Some of the questions are more serious.

“Why I came to Notre Dame? My leadership ability? Some of the off-the-field things?” said Clausen. “If you had to make a decision, who would you go to, a coach or a family member?”

Clausen has been dogged by questions surrounding his leadership ability and maturity since he decided to skip his senior year, but he has not let that bother him.

“That’s one of the big things why I wanted to go to the Combine so the coaches can see firsthand who I am as a person, what I’m about, things I like, don’t like,” he said. “In a meeting situation like that, them firing questions at me, having me up at the board, try to put me in tense situations and see how I react. That’s just the life of it.”

And Clausen has also been asked questions about his toe.

On Tuesday, the former quarterback confirmed that two torn ligaments in his right big toe went undetected following an injury in the third game of the season against Michigan State. Had the torn ligaments been found then, he would have had season-ending surgery immediately, but instead he continued to play, which made the injury worse.

Clausen said he had no regrets though and would not have had the opportunity to be drafted this year had he missed the final nine regular season games.

Clausen had the surgery in January and has been rehabbing it since.

“It's coming along,” he said. “(Monday) was the first day I was able to run since surgery. Just jogged around the track a little bit, two laps and I was pretty winded. But it felt good. It's not as strong as I want it, obviously coming off of surgery, but it's getting there.”

Clausen will conduct his own Pro Day in South Bend on April 9, when he will throw to former teammates Golden Tate, Robby Parris, David Grimes and James Aldridge.

“It's hard not being able to go out there and run a 40, do the shuttle, do all of those things and throw the ball,” he said. “I'll be able to throw out there on the ninth and I think that's what coaches want to see.”

Clausen made the trip to Notre Dame to support his friends.

“They’re my teammates. I’ve been with them for three years since I’ve been here and I wanted to show my support for those guys and be here for them,” he said. “It was their day today and all of them performed really well and I’m really happy for those guys.”

On Wednesday, Clausen will fly back to California, where he has been working out as much as possible. He has added 17 pounds to his frame, bulking up to 222, and his receivers vary from high school students to former USC defensive standouts Taylor Mays and Everson Griffen.

“He’s got good hands for a defensive lineman,” Clausen laughed of Griffen. “He thinks he’s a receiver.”

Before returning to Notre Dame on April 5, Clausen will meet with some more NFL teams, but was only sure of one team, the Buffalo Bills, who he will meet with first. He has kept in touch with former head coach Charlie Weis, now the offensive coordinator with the Kansas City Chiefs, recently.

“Just talking back and forth, seeing how each other are doing and how he likes it in Kansas City,” Clausen said of his conversations with Weis.

Clausen has also asked some questions of his own, quizzing his former teammates on the new coaching staff.

“Great things, that’s all I’ve been hearing is great things, from the coaching staff all of the way down to the strength and conditioning staff,” he said. “They’ve just been saying they’re really excited to get out there on Friday and are ready for the first day.”

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 24 March 2010 08:57 )

MoreLemonPledge
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey, guys. There are 2 sides of the ball. In case you forgot, our defense was pretty atrocious. Suggesting we draft a QB this year and a WR in the second round and another wide receiver in the first next year and then a tight end early and maybe a guard and a center and a right tackle early isn't necessarily what's best for this team.

And don't give me the whole argument that you can find defense later in the draft. You can find offense later in the draft, too (Yes, this includes QBs).

Mr. Laz
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
And you're a fan of?you really don't know? :spock:

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
you really don't know? :spock:

Could be Kansas....could be Mizzou....shit could be K-State. I don't pay attention to who everyone is a fan of.

Reaper16
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey, guys. There are 2 sides of the ball. In case you forgot, our defense was pretty atrocious. Suggesting we draft a QB this year and a WR in the second round and another wide receiver in the first next year and then a tight end early and maybe a guard and a center and a right tackle early isn't necessarily what's best for this team.

And don't give me the whole argument that you can find defense later in the draft. You can find offense later in the draft, too (Yes, this includes QBs).
Stop digging your own grave, plz.

MoreLemonPledge
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Stop digging your own grave, plz.

I'm not insisting that the Chiefs are considering drafting Clausen. It just astounds me how naive people can be.

Chiefshrink
04-05-2010, 12:30 PM

And now that Pioli has his QB in Cassel, Pioli probably feels the same:thumb:

Ming the Merciless
04-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Never in a million years will this happen.

Thankfully, too.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Never in a million years will this happen.

Thankfully, too.

Yea cause Matt Cassel is the answer.

notorious
04-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Yea cause Matt Cassel is the answer.

This.

Fuck.

Ming the Merciless
04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I cant wait till I can use the tears from all of the Claussen/Berry fans who will be crying on draft day as lube. It will warm my heart.

Fish
04-05-2010, 03:48 PM
I cant wait till I can use the tears from all of the Claussen/Berry fans who will be crying on draft day as lube. It will warm my heart.

You can't wait to use a bunch of grown men's tears as your lubrication?

That's rather disgusting...

Mecca
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Why do I find it sad that he'd rather see us get pissed than see the team actually win?

What kinda fan is that? You'd seriously rather watch us be mad because the team is retarded than see the team win.

the Talking Can
04-05-2010, 04:22 PM

i can't wait till i get to bang your wrinkly mom in front of a webcam while on chat roulette....it will warm my heart....

Ming the Merciless
04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Why do I find it sad that he'd rather see us get pissed than see the team actually win?

What kinda fan is that? You'd seriously rather watch us be mad because the team is retarded than see the team win.

Of course not...

I think people who want to draft Berry and people that want to draft Clausen are the retards....

I want to win..

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Of course not...

I think people who want to draft Berry and people that want to draft Clausen are the retards....

I want to win..

You are fucking moran please go jump off a cliff now.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I think you should go sign up for the Coalition.

Ming the Merciless
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
You are ****ing moran please go jump off a cliff now.

Lol moran...

That goes to show you the IQ level of people who think that getting Clausen is even a .000001% possibility.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Of course not...

I want to win..

It's coming for you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/HIV-SIV-phylogenetic-tree.svg/518px-HIV-SIV-phylogenetic-tree.svg.png

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Lol moran...

That goes to show you the IQ level of people who think that getting Clausen is even a .000001% possibility.

Tribal Warfare
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Lol moran...

n00b

RustShack
04-05-2010, 05:37 PM

I want to win..

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

the Talking Can
04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Of course not...

I want to win..

you are saccofbats, or the child saccofbats had after Xing his own mother..

SAUTO
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
well there was an article a couple of pages that i cant quote because its too big for my phone, BUT it says clausen has gained 17 lbs to get to 222. has that just happened since the season was over ? if so is that a weight he can play at? i see all you clausen fans bashing bradford for the weight gain but no mention of clausens why???
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Clausen never blewout his shoulder on a routine hit...

the Talking Can
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
well there was an article a couple of pages that i cant quote because its too big for my phone, BUT it says clausen has gained 17 lbs to get to 222. has that just happened since the season was over ? if so is that a weight he can play at? i see all you clausen fans bashing bradford for the weight gain but no mention of clausens why???
Posted via Mobile Device

because he isn't a soft bitch like bradford....dude played in a fucking spread and still couldn't stay healthy....

SAUTO
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
because he isn't a soft bitch like bradford....dude played in a fucking spread and still couldn't stay healthy....

i would rather have clausen but what does anything you said have to do with a sustainable playing weight?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Clausen never blewout his shoulder on a routine hit...

again what does that have to do with it? why would clausen have to gain weight if thats the case?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I will admit that gaining 17 and only weighing in at 222 is surprising.

My guess is that he's getting the benefit of the doubt because he passes the "eye test" more readily than Bradford. Seriously, through the better part of his college career (prior to horse steroids), his upper body was smaller than mine. And I don't want to be anywhere near an NFL field.

SAUTO
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I will admit that gaining 17 and only weighing in at 222 is surprising.

My guess is that he's getting the benefit of the doubt because he passes the "eye test" more readily than Bradford. Seriously, through the better part of his college career (prior to horse steroids), his upper body was smaller than mine. And I don't want to be anywhere near an NFL field.

i was really shocked when i read that. 205 would NOT work imo, so my question is if that is actually a weight he can play comfortably at? can he sustain that weight for a whole season. most of you guys dont think bradford can sustain his new so why would you think clausen could? just askin a question because i dont know
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
oh and thanks deez for actually trying to answer the question
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Lol moran...

nOOb.

Your and idiot.

BossChief
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Lol moran...

...and what does it say about the IQ of a person that misspells MORON while trying to clown someone for being dumb?

moron

MoreLemonPledge
04-06-2010, 08:09 PM
...and what does it say about the IQ of a person that misspells MORON while trying to clown someone for being dumb?

moron

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Old CP joke if I remember correctly from my lurking days. He's obviously a mult.

Dave Lane
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM

I think the jury is still out but it doesn't look good so far...

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Berry played QB in high school, which obviously means he's better than Cassel. Why not draft him and fill 2 positions of need?

dirk digler
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM
I am on the bandwagon. Hopefully Clark stays true to his word that we need to draft a franchise QB.

milkman
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Umm Dawson and Montana are better than Rivers.

Dawson was as accurate as any QB of his era, but there were questions about his toughness and leadership the first 3 or 4 years that he was in KC.

Funny how that '69-'70 season changed the overall perception of Dawson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM

See Roethlisberger, Ben.

So fuck you.

Boo.

Fuckin'.

YA!

Destroy them. Destroy them ALL! LMAO

God that was so dumb, it hurt my eyes:

"Yeah, he'll have a bad year at 21/22/23(whatever)years-old, and you'll call him a bust".

Dude; get fucked. Get fucked in every way imagineable, possible, and under the sun. It's fans like you that keep the Martyocrity rolling along because you don't know how to ask for, or expect more.
You make me sick unto vomiting.

DaWolf
04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5064085

ToxSocks
04-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Berry played QB in high school, which obviously means he's better than Cassel. Why not draft him and fill 2 positions of need?

If he can block for himself and catch the ball that he throws to himself, i MIGHT consider it.