PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Jeremiah's second mock draft

Quesadilla Joe
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I made my first attempt at a mock draft on the Move The Sticks Podcast just before the start of free agency. After a few trades and signings, I decided to update the mock draft before putting it up on the website. I have some notable omissions compared to what others in the media are projecting for the 1st Round. I don’t have Jimmy Clausen, Taylor Mays or Bruce Campbell being selected in the opening round of the 2010 draft. This is a very deep draft and because of that, there are going to be a lot of “big name” players that get pushed into the 2nd round.

1. Rams- S. Bradford QB Oklahoma- Glaring need at the position trumps everything
2. Lions- N. Suh DT Nebraska- More versatile than McCoy
3. Buccaneers- G. McCoy DT Oklahoma- Much needed dominant interior presence
4. Redskins- R. Okung OT Oklahoma St- Must address the biggest issue and that’s the OL
5. Chiefs- E. Berry FS Tennessee- Easy pick for a team that needs playmakers
6. Seahawks-C. Spiller RB Clemson- (See previous comment)
7. Browns-D. Morgan LB Georgia Tech- Browns are big on smart, productive players
8. Raiders- J. Paul DE South Florida- Physical Freak with huge upside
9. Bills- D. Williams NT Tennessee- Perfect fit for the Bills new 3-4
10. Jaguars- R. Matthews RB Fresno St- Copying the Panthers with a deadly duo at RB
11. Broncos- E. Thomas FS Texas- This gives them some youth at Safety and a capable Nickel CB
12. Dolphins- B. Graham DE Michigan- Reminds me of Anthony Spencer
13. 49ers- B. Bulaga OT Iowa- Maybe a little early but a “high floor” pick
14. Seahawks- A. Davis OT Rutgers- Raw talented pass protector fills a void
15. Giants-R. McClain LB Alabama- Size and instincts are excellent but this isn’t Pat Willis 2.0
16. Titans- D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St- A little risky but the talent is too great to pass up
17. 49ers- K. Wilson CB Boise St- Best press corner in the draft
18. Steelers- J. Haden CB Florida- He can go higher if he runs better at his pro day
19. Falcons- K. Jackson CB Alabama- A real fast riser that is excellent on tape
20. Texans- D. McCourty CB Rutgers- Fast, physical press corner that is also a stud on special teams
21. Bengals- J. Gresham TE Oklahoma- They finally land a big time TE for Palmer
22. Patriots- E. Griffen OB USC- Has as much upside as any defender in the draft
23. Packers- T. Williams OT Oklahoma- Fills a huge need and can play both sides
24. Eagles- S. Kindle DE/OB Texas- A nice compliment to Trent Cole
25. Ravens- B. Price DT UCLA- Need to get a younger sidekick for Ngata
26. Cardinals- S. Weatherspoon IB Missouri- Excellent replacement for Dansby
27. Cowboys- C. Brown OT USC- Provides a young athletic OT that can eventually replace Adams
28. Chargers- J. Odrick DE Penn State- Excellent run defender with upside as a rusher
29. Jets- J. Hughes OB TCU- Super productive pass rusher that is athletic in coverage as well
30. Vikings- J. Best RB Cal- Imagine that RB combo
31. Colts-M. Pouncey OC/OG Florida- Need to upgrade the interior of the OL
32. Saints- D. Washington LB TCU- Explosive, playmaking LB that would look great next to Vilma

http://www.movethesticks.com/

The Franchise
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Sweet....give me Eric Berry and Jimmy Clausen then.

OMG! Ponies!
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
ok, i like DJ and respect the work he does. but if he's right...

6. Spiller to the Hawks? I know Spiller has some strong backers in the GM community, but doesn't that seem a bit high with other glaring needs on the lines?

10. Ryan Matthews to the Jags? Doesn't exactly fill a need. While it would be nice to have a complementary back for MJD, Matthews is more of a take over back.

21. Jermaine Gresham to the Bengals? How many TEs is this team going to draft, and fail?

30. Javid Best to the Vikes? Clausen doesn't seem like a good fit here?

Maybe this was his dream scenario or something. But some of it just doesn't add up to me.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Uh the Bengals don't have a TE..using a 4th round pick on one isn't exactly an argument to not take one in the 1st.

Also Seattle has the 14th pick too if they really want an OT.

Crush
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Sweet....give me Eric Berry and Jimmy Clausen then.

Dear Jesus,

Please make it happen.

Amen.

DeezNutz
04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
If we would leave this draft with Berry and Clausen, I'd be hospitalized with a four-hour erection.

Nightfyre
04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
If we would leave this draft with Berry and Clausen, I'd be hospitalized with a four-hour erection.

I would skip the erection phase all together. It would be a mess. :eek:

Mecca
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Jeremiah really doesn't like Clausen, I get that he doesn't like him but not putting him in the 1st is really laughable.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. Wait...............

Dave Lane
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I would skip the erection phase all together. It would be a mess. :eek:

I'm with you. I might even take up religion. I'd at least be willing to do 20 Our fathers and 10 Hail Marys

Dave Lane
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
How about this 1st day of the draft?

1: Berry
2a: Clausen
2b: Cody

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2010, 07:05 PM
How about this 1st day of the draft?

1: Berry
2a: Clausen
2b: Cody

Unpossible. Cody won't be there at 2a.

Dave Lane
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm dreaming damn it!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm dreaming damn it!

Well, in consolation those are the 3 guys I would love to come away with in this draft. Actually, can we throw in Golden Tate? That would make it perfect.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I think the Chiefs might have a chance at Tate at the top of the 2nd...

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I never thought last year on draft day I could have came away with Sanchez and Rey Rey in our draft spots.

Mecca
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Some guys will fall, but I'll say right now I think guys like Cody and Hughes will go before the 2nd round.

RealSNR
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Unpossible. Cody won't be there at 2a.http://volume1brooklyn.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/inconceivable.jpg