PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Jeremiah's 3rd mock draft (You won't like it)

Quesadilla Joe
04-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Here is the 2nd official MTS Mock Draft. I made a lot of changes from the first version but I still have a few big name players sliding completely out of the 1st round. I have two very talented but injured players sneaking into the latter part of the opening round (Gronkowski and Thomas). I tried to match up need in some instances while paying attention to best available players in some spots as well. Have at it!!

1. STL- S. Bradford QB Oklahoma- Seems like a foregone conclusion
2. DET- N. Suh DT Nebraska- Should dominate early in his NFL career
3. TB- G. McCoy DT Oklahoma- A disruptive force that’s needed in TB
4. WAS- R. Okung OT Oklahoma St- Made sense before McNabb, no brainer now
5. KC- B. Bulaga OT Iowa- A reach in my opinion but fits the profile they are after in KC
6. SEA- E. Berry FS Tennessee- Monte Kiffin loves Eric Berry, Pete Carroll loves Monte Kiffin
7. CLE- J. Haden CB Florida- This would give the Browns 2 young stud CB’s to go with a solid vet in Sheldon Brown
8. OAK- J. Pierre-Paul DE South Florida- Talented Pass rusher to help chase Philip Rivers around
9. BUF- T. Williams OT Oklahoma- One of the big risers in the draft lands where he is desperately needed
10. JAX- C. Spiller RB Clemson- This pick would turn JAX into Panthers South
11. DEN- E. Thomas FS Texas- McDaniels comes from a background where ball skills are worshipped
12. MIA- D. Williams NT Tennessee- Perfect NT for the Dolphins
13. SF- R. McClain LB Alabama- Singletary will love the leadership pitch from Saban
14. SEA- D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St- In Alex Gibbs we trust, SEA addresses the OL outside the 1st round
15. NYG- D. Morgan DE Georgia Tech- This team knows you can’t have too many pass rushers
16. TEN- B. Graham DE Michigan- If Graham lands here, he would be my pick for DROY
17. SF- C. Brown OT USC- A lot of teams are high on Brown, he fills a big need for SF
18. PIT- M. Iupati OG Idaho- Need to get the run game going and this is a big-time mauler
19. ATL- M. Pouncey OC Florida- Why not draft a stud center to keep Matt Ryan safe for the next 10 yrs
20. HOU- K. Jackson CB Alabama- A very talented, polished CB that should start day 1 in HOU
21. CIN- J. Gresham TE Oklahoma- Finally, the Bengals get an elite TE for Carson Palmer
22. NE- R. Mathews RB Fresno St- They have a lot of bodies at RB but not a single stud, enter Mathews
23. GB- K. Wilson CB Boise St- Watching the arial circus against AZ makes this a logical move
24. PHI- D. McCourty CB Rutgers- They can address LB in the later rounds, don’t want to miss the run on CB’s
25. BAL- R. Gronkowski TE Arizona- If he can pass a physical with his back issues, this is a beast of a TE
26. AZ- J. Hughes OLB TCU- They need some fresh legs outside and Hughes has 10+ sack potential
27. DAL- A. Davis OT Rutgers- Big, talented OT to replace Flozell
28.SD- J. Odrick DE Penn State- The Jets exposed a leaky front in SD and Odrick will help plug it up
29. NYJ- D. Thomas WR Georgia Tech- Jets aren’t afraid to go for it, this is a WR with HUGE upside
30. MIN- J. Best RB Cal- Peterson is a monster but Childress can use Best in similar way he used Westbrook
31. IND- R. Saffold OT Indiana- Surprise 1st round pick, Polian went public with his distaste of the OL
32. NO- S. Weatherspoon LB Missouri- Excellent postseason for Weatherspoon, he fits N.O. defense perfectly

http://www.movethesticks.com/

OMG! Ponies!
04-06-2010, 06:26 AM
nope. no thanks.

ISUJeff
04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
11. DEN- E. Thomas FS Texas- McDaniels comes from a background where ball skills are worshipped

I'm shocked

siberian khatru
04-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Actually, replace Bulaga with Berry and that's a really good scenario for us -- it has Clausen dropping out of the first round. We could conceivably get Berry AND Clausen.

Sporting News mock (which admittedly usually sucks) has Clausen going 30th to the Vikes. That still would present a trade-up situation for us to get both Berry and Clausen.

Lono
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
If Weatherspoon lasts that long, I would hope to see us trade up and get him. Same can be said about Clausen.

Quesadilla Joe
04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
What are the odds KC takes Baluga?>> I don't like picking him there but that's the buzz I'm hearing

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/11703300850

As the draft got closer last year EVERYBODY knew that the Chiefs were going to take Tyson Jackson. Maybe Bulaga really will be the pick.

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
The whole thing started because some doucher mocked that Pioli would value his connection to Ferentz above everything else.

Nevermind that the Chiefs have a LT, 2 guards, and the LT is not a RT.

When the Chiefs signed Lilja that was the strongest indicator that they aren't taking a LT.

ToxSocks
04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
The whole thing started because some doucher mocked that Pioli would value his connection to Ferentz above everything else.

When the Chiefs signed Lilja that was the strongest indicator that they aren't taking a LT.

Walterfootball wasn't it? next thing ya know, Rich Eisen has to say it at the combine, and now it's written in stone.

DaWolf
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Unless they plan on taking a T and sticking him on the right side like the Lambs did last year at No 2, with the plan to eventually shift him to LT while moving BA to LG to replace an aging BW.

Not saying it would happen, just trying to put some scenarios out there in case that's what they're actually thinking (and I hope that they're not)...

Archie Bunker
04-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Exactly

buddha
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't usually overreact to any pick, but selecting Bulaga with the #5 pick in the entire draft is just moronic...even in concept. He is projected to be a late first or second round pick in several reputable mocks. He's a mauler type who is stiff and doesn't move well at all. If you want this guy, trade the hell down now.

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Honestly, if Bulaga is the pick, that might be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team.

I just can't get behind such lunacy.

talastan
04-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't usually overreact to any pick, but selecting Bulaga with the #5 pick in the entire draft is just moronic...even in concept. He is projected to be a late first or second round pick in several reputable mocks. He's a mauler type who is stiff and doesn't move well at all. If you want this guy, trade the hell down now.

This.....the only justification for taking Bulaga is if some team is jonesing for Berry and wants to trade picks. Then I could see trading down and picking up Bulaga or someone else, and additional picks. Bulaga at #5 = EPIC Fail!

DaWolf
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
This.....the only justification for taking Bulaga is if some team is jonesing for Berry and wants to trade picks. Then I could see trading down and picking up Bulaga or someone else, and additional picks. Bulaga at #5 = EPIC Fail!

I am thinking the same thing. If we're not sold on taking Berry or Clausen, then find some teams who really want them and trade down. There's gotta be at least someone who wants Berry ahead of the Browns. Make a move. Reaching two years in a row and tying up that much money in at best solid but non-pro bowl talent is just bad management...

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 11:25 AM
We could conceivably get Berry AND Clausen.
could you imagine? :eek:

DJ's left nut
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Uh.....

Take "Bulaga" and replace it with "Jackson", "Berry" and replace it with "Sanchez" and replace 5 with 3....

How'd that work out for us.

If he does it again, I'm done until he's gone. J-E-T-S until Belichick's coffee boy is back out on the streets.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Uh.....

Take "Bulaga" and replace it with "Jackson", "Berry" and replace it with "Sanchez" and replace 5 with 3....

If he does it again, I'm done until he's gone. J-E-T-S until Belichick's coffee boy is back out on the streets.
go suck off sanchez and be done with it then, no need to wait.

buddha
04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Uh.....

Do you need a link to a Jets fan page to help you along on your journey?

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Honestly, if Bulaga is the pick, that might be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team.

I just can't get behind such lunacy.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass...We don't need fairweather pussies anyhow.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Uh.....

Bye, Idiot.

We don't want or need you anyway...

CHIEFS!

ToxSocks
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass...We don't need fairweather pussies anyhow.

Bye, Idiot.

CHIEFS!

:popcorn:

Mecca
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I enjoy when posters who really should be on the coalition or WPI join here like we're going to be a homer board.

Tribal Warfare
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I enjoy when posters who really should be on the coalition or WPI join here like we're going to be a homer board.

The Planet is not for the weak of heart

Archie Bunker
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Bye, Idiot.

CHIEFS!

Between capslocking Chiefs, using an exclamation point, yearning for o-line and saying that a safety is a step up from a punter proves to me that you are a typcal WPI/AP/Coalition type poster. Stuck in the past, dreaming of DV's line, praying for 8-8, while displaying absolutely no knowledge in how today's game is played or how teams are built.

Basically, YOU are the last thing we need or want. You are the fans that continue to reward failure, hell, you encourage it.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Between capslocking Chiefs, using an exclamation point, yearning for o-line and saying that a safety is a step up from a punter proves to me that you are a typcal WPI/AP/Coalition type poster. Stuck in the past, dreaming of DV's line, praying for 8-8, while displaying absolutely no knowledge in how today's game is played or how teams are built.

Basically, YOU are the last thing we need or want. You are the fans that continue to reward failure, hell, you encourage it.

Safety is a step up from punter, although I didn't say that...someone else did and I agreed....You don't think safety is more valuable than punter?

You capslocked a word also....Hypocrite?

I am 'dreaming' of an O-line, one that doesn't suck. I have never said that I think we should 100% burn our pick on a LT though, I have discussed trading our #1 pick many times (trade down scenarios).

8-8 would be a dream compared to the nightmare of the last couple of years.

Sure I think it wouldn't be optimal to use our #5 on Berry, but you won't see me crying about it and proclaiming loyalty to the jets until X, Y, or Z happens.

You want to put words in my mouth and feel superior, but in reality you are just another hysterical fan boy who can't read.

I will support the Chiefs in whatever decision they make and I realize that the front office is smarter than any of us....

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM

i don't know this mower dude ... but at least he isn't saying he's going to be a jets fan if the Chiefs don't draft the right player in the 1st round or some such idiot nonsense.

all these stupid fuckers that are in love with Sanchez should just go follow the jets. screw'em

Mecca
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry, blindly supporting a team that makes retarded decisions is pretty bad.

If the Chiefs back to back top 5 picks in Pioli's first 2 years are Jackson and Bulaga, it's time to find a new hobby because this team is going to suck till he's fired.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Sorry, blindly supporting a team that makes retarded decisions is pretty bad.

If the Chiefs back to back top 5 picks in Pioli's first 2 years are Jackson and Bulaga, it's time to find a new hobby because this team is going to suck till he's fired.

If you stop supporting the Chiefs because we pick --insert player name here--with our #1 pick, then you are a complete ****ing tool. You think you know more than the GM and those in the office? Then you are complete ****ing tool. You give up on the season before pre-season or even camp? Then you are a complete ****ing tool. You have over 75,000 posts, 99% of which are completely ****ing lame (like the one I just quoted)....Then you are a complete ****ing tool.

Congrats, you are a complete ****ing tool. Which team will you now be a fan of? I am thinking you would be perfect as a Donks or Gayders fan.

ToxSocks
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
If you stop supporting the Chiefs because we pick --insert player name here--with our #1 pick, then you are a complete ****ing tool. You think you know more than the GM and those in the office? Then you are complete ****ing tool. You give up on the season before pre-season or even camp? Then you are a complete ****ing tool. You have over 75,000 posts, 99% of which are completely ****ing lame (like the one I just quoted)....Then you are a complete ****ing tool.

Congrats, you are a complete ****ing tool. Which team will you now be a fan of? I am thinking you would be perfect as a Donks or Gayders fan.

:popcorn:

Mecca
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Pawn needs to go sign up for WPI, he sounds like that entire forum.

Tribal Warfare
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM

The roller coaster of ROFL, and hilarity of an of fashion ChiefsPlanet beat down shall occur at any moment

Archie Bunker
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
i don't know this mower dude ... but at least he isn't saying he's going to be a jets fan if the Chiefs don't draft the right player in the 1st round or some such idiot nonsense.

all these stupid ****ers that are in love with Sanchez should just go follow the jets. screw'em

I'm with you that the whole let's leave for the Jets, we love Sanchez is a bit much, but every man has his breaking point. After 20 years of Carl combined with the start Pioli would be off to if they blow this draft, I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving.

At some point enough is enough.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
With how frustrating things have been last couple of years , I do actually agree with AB...at *some point* enough would be enough...

But people reaching that point and giving up on Pioli if their favorite choice isn't selected in the draft, without at least giving Pioli 2-3 seasons to rebuild the piece of shit he inherited is pretty ridiculous IMO...

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Pioli just had the worst 1st offseason imaginable it's more than just this draft.

patteeu
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Safety is a step up from punter, although I didn't say that...someone else did and I agreed....You don't think safety is more valuable than punter?

You capslocked a word also....Hypocrite?

I am 'dreaming' of an O-line, one that doesn't suck. I have never said that I think we should 100% burn our pick on a LT though, I have discussed trading our #1 pick many times (trade down scenarios).

8-8 would be a dream compared to the nightmare of the last couple of years.

Sure I think it wouldn't be optimal to use our #5 on Berry, but you won't see me crying about it and proclaiming loyalty to the jets until X, Y, or Z happens.

You want to put words in my mouth and feel superior, but in reality you are just another hysterical fan boy who can't read.

I will support the Chiefs in whatever decision they make and I realize that the front office is smarter than any of us....

This is a pretty solid post whether the know-it-all draft geniuses around here are willing to admit it or not. Especially that last statement.

I don't particularly want to go OT with our first pick and I'd love to see Berry as a Chief, but worse things could happen than to focus on building a standout offensive line, particularly if it's as a part of a favorable trade-down scenario.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Patteeu agreed with you and it's not DC, that means you are fucked.

ToxSocks
04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Pfff.....Man, this place is losing its burst.

patteeu
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Patteeu agreed with you and it's not DC, that means you are fucked.

:LOL:

Archie Bunker
04-06-2010, 03:12 PM

This comeback always kills me. After last years horrible free agency, the abortion of a draft, and the Cassel trade, who really looks smarter? The 'Bators or our brillant front office?

That being said Pioli has a great chance to win a lot of people back IMO. This draft is set up perfectly to rebuild the D in a big way if he doesn't panic trying to help Cassel. Even if he goes Dan Williams early and goes safety, pass rusher later on this team should be greatly improved next year. I just can't and won't justify a LT/RT at 5.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Pioli has his chance to prove he's not a retard, after last year he can't fuck up again.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Lets just hope for a win/win then with trading down the #5 to get 2 picks..

8-)

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't really consider that a win win since you're trading the best player in the draft to do it.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't really consider that a win win since you're trading the best player in the draft to do it.

Yah, I guess everything has pros and cons.....and it would depend on how far we had to trade down etc....Just seems like everyone agrees that 'safety is so deep' in this season's draft....If we were able to trade down a few spots and and still pick up a decent safety AND pick up some muscle for the trenches....WOuld be a win win to me.

It isn't like we are one safety away from the playoffs, we have a lot of needs.

(edit: i do realize it is kind of far fetched to hope for a trade down, but I still think it might be the best way to go, if possible.)

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
This comeback always kills me. After last years horrible free agency, the abortion of a draft, and the Cassel trade, who really looks smarter? The 'Bators or our brillant front office?

That being said Pioli has a great chance to win a lot of people back IMO. This draft is set up perfectly to rebuild the D in a big way if he doesn't panic trying to help Cassel. Even if he goes Dan Williams early and goes safety, pass rusher later on this team should be greatly improved next year. I just can't and won't justify a LT/RT at 5.

Pawncocksucker will be the same one in DC a few months from now talking about how to run the country like he's the President of the United States.

I know it takes a true fucking genius to evaluate talent on film, but believe it or not, fans who have invested 25 years of their life into watching the NFL can actually know what the fuck they are talking about.

ToxSocks
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
This whole argument is based on the premise that Albert isn't a LT. why does everyone seem to forget how good his rookie year was? He played very well and everyone was talking about how we may have landed a franchise LT. One year removed and all of a sudden Albert basically doesn't even have a spot on the line anymore.

If we're going to start aiming at NEEDS, we need a QB.

Even when Matt Cassel had protection, he still couldn't deliver the ball. He is about as wildly inaccurate as I have ever seen.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Pawnone who sucks the penis will be the same one in DC a few months from now talking about how to run the country like he's the President of the United States.

I know it takes a true ****ing genius to evaluate talent on film, but believe it or not, fans who have invested 25 years of their life into watching the NFL can actually know what the **** they are talking about.

How many NFL jobs have you applied to? Is your application currently being considered?

I have complete faith in Pioli.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Eat my ass you ****ing moron.

I'm glad you can turn a blind eye to stupid ****ing decisions over and over again, but I'm not supporting them......

You are the Chiefs dream. Continued support after 18 years of futility that has given us ZERO ****ing playoff wins.

What's this "we" shit. We as in all you other stupid ****ers who think you have to keep continually spending first round picks on left tackles?

Actually we have had playoff wins within the last 18 years.....So this is just more hysteria from you.

I also never said drafting an LT was the only or even absolute BEST way to go.

Even if I thought so, I wouldn't be screaming and crying and threatening to not be a fan if the front office did something different....You are acting like a a large hairy vagina. Also, not a vagina on a tough lesbian bitch, because she could probably kick your ass. You are acting like the vagina on some emo guy who has to hide the fact he has a vagina.

I am not advocating 'blind' support of everything the front office does at all. I was HUGELY disappointed with Jackson, and upset we couldn't pull off a trade.

But let's face the facts, Pioli had to get rid of something like 30 guys out of the 53 man roster....and something like 27 of those guys couldnt find a job in the NFL. That is how bad things were when Pioli took over.

A safety isn't going to change that any time soon....(IMO). I think we'd do well to trade down the #5 to someone who wants Clausen or Berry or whoever and work on getting some extra picks.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
And all the guys Pioli brought in, aren't any better than the guys they replaced...how sad is that?

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Actually we have had playoff wins within the last 18 years.....So this is just more hysteria from you.

Glory of the winter of '94...

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
How dare we expect better than 1 playoff win since I was 13.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Deez Nuts is correct, we had our glory in 94 (2 playoff wins).

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:42 PM
That makes me think this is a really sad organization...

ToxSocks

Even if I thought so, I wouldn't be screaming and crying and threatening to not be a fan if the front office did something different....You are acting like a a large hairy vagina. Also, not a vagina on a tough lesbian bitch, because she could probably kick your ass. You are acting like the vagina on some emo guy who has to hide the fact he has a vagina.

I am not advocating 'blind' support of everything the front office does at all. I was HUGELY disappointed with Jackson, and upset we couldn't pull off a trade.

But let's face the facts, Pioli had to get rid of something like 30 guys out of the 53 man roster....and something like 27 of those guys couldnt find a job in the NFL. That is how bad things were when Pioli took over.

A safety isn't going to change that any time soon....(IMO). I think we'd do well to trade down the #5 to someone who wants Clausen or Berry or whoever and work on getting some extra picks.

We have enough picks. What we need are players who make a difference.

The kind of players who would tackle Mile Austin in OT. Or better yet, make a pick. The kind that can rush the passer and get some pressure rather than leaving the QB all day to throw the ball. The kind who can leap up and snatch the ball out of the air at it's highest point

The kind of players who you anxiously await to make a big play when the game is on the line.

We have two. Brandon Flowers and Jamal Charles. Dwayne Bowe is a big ???

Those are the kind of players who win games. Hence the reason why we're always close but can never pull one out. We dont have playmakers.

Berry is a playmaker.

DeezNutz

Slow and steady...

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Yep. Safeties really aren't that important. Pollard didn't help the Texans defense and Darren Sharper sure wasn't a difference maker in the Saints defense.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Pittsburgh didn't seen any decline or miss the playoffs in Polamalu's injury plagued year.

The Bad Guy
Mike Brown was directly responsible for 2-3 loses last year, but yes, the safety position isn't important.

Ming the Merciless
I agree detox...Playmakers are what we need...

I mean I would love it if we drafted Berry and suddenly the rest our team came together and Berry was able to shine like a Polamalu or what not.

I am just a little skeptical, when I saw that our defense was not that bad in the 1st half of so many ball games the last 32 games. I watched them hold games really close and then the offense fail to give them the rest they needed...Fail to get first downs and points....And then to watch a decent defense get tired and break in the 4th quarter, regularly....It was so painful....

Also, to watch our defense do decently in the 1st half of so many games without a dominant pass rush...I think the defense got a lot of undeserved flak (IMO) that should've fallen onto the offense for not getting 1st downs.

I dunno though...It would be nice to have some playmakers, I totally agree....But I can't help but thinking of playmakers as like fancy windows on a house...If the foundation isn't there......what is the point?

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Look the Chiefs need a lot of players but that is no reason to not take the best player in the draft.

That would be like saying, man this QB he's can't miss but we can't take him cause we got all these holes.

And no team has invested the type of picks in the OL or DL the Chiefs would have if they use another pick on a lineman in the first.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2010, 03:53 PM

I mean I would love it if we drafted Berry and suddenly the rest our team came together and Berry was able to shine like a Polamalu or what not.

I am just a little skeptical, when I saw that our defense was not that bad in the 1st half of so many ball games the last 32 games. I watched them hold games really close and then the offense fail to give them the rest they needed...Fail to get first downs and points....And then to watch a decent defense get tired and break in the 4th quarter, regularly....It was so painful....

Also, to watch our defense do decently in the 1st half of so many games without a dominant pass rush...I think the defense got a lot of undeserved flak (IMO) that should've fallen onto the offense for not getting 1st downs.

I dunno though...It would be nice to have some playmakers, I totally agree....But I can't help but thinking of playmakers as like fancy windows on a house...If the foundation isn't there......what is the point?

Playmakers ARE your foundation, you fucking dolt.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Yep. Safeties really aren't that important. Pollard didn't help the Texans defense and Darren Sharper sure wasn't a difference maker in the Saints defense.

I never said a safety wasn't important or wouldn't help. But when people look at the saints and why they had such a good season....If they didn't have great lines, but still had a great safety..what wouldve happened?

You are taking something I am saying (offensive line & defensive line, and even linebacker is more important than safety) and twisting it around in your mind to read "Safety is not important."

I have not nor would I ever say or think that.

Mecca
I think a lot of fans were sold this bill by the past regime that it's all about the lines...guess how many teams have invested that way in the lines..not many.

Most of the really good teams have 1 or no first round offensive lineman, the ones that have several took them in the 20's.

The Bad Guy

What's the point in moving Albert? You still would have just as many questions on the line. Albert is not a RT. We still would need a RT.

We could get a RT later in this draft and have just as solid of an offensive line as if we reached for Bulaga.

Berry is a special playmaker. He can play the slot receiver on 3rd down, he could line up at corner most downs, he's a physical player who teams will have to account for.

There's not enough guys on this defense that offenses have to account for. There's 2 right now - Tamba Hali and Brandon Flowers.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
I never said a safety wasn't important or wouldn't help. But when people look at the saints and why they had such a good season....If they didn't have great lines, but still had a great safety..what wouldve happened?

You are taking something I am saying (offensive line & defensive line, and even linebacker is more important than safety) and twisting it around in your mind to read "Safety is not important."

That awesome Saints line had no 1st round picks on it.

Coogs
Lets just hope for a win/win then with trading down the #5 to get 2 picks..

8-)

Here is what Arrowhead Pride is tossing out there. And frankly, this scares the hell out of me.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/5/1406291/eagles-working-out-eric-berry-now

Last week news broke that the Chiefs would be visiting with Tennessee S Eric Berry. The Chiefs, picking at the 5th spot, made sense. Several other teams picking in the top ten of the draft scheduled workouts with him.

But so did the Eagles, who had the 24th pick in the draft at the point.

At the time, the Eagles seemingly didn't have the ammo to move into the top ten of the draft but now, after the Donovan McNabb trade that netted them the 37th pick in the draft, it's beginning to make sense.

Let me explain a little more.

Let's put into perspective what it might cost for someone to acquire the fifth pick.

It's been widely reported that the Chiefs last year offered the Lions the third pick in the draft for the 20th and 33rd picks. The Lions, according to the Star's Adam Teicher at the time, declined the offer.

Fast forward to this year and we've got the Eagles who hold similar picks as the Lions (24th and 37th), as well as the Chiefs who are now five instead of three.

It would make quite a bit of sense, in my mind, for the Chiefs to at least ponder the idea of sending the fifth overall pick to the Eagles for the 24th and 37th pick. The parameters of the hypothetical trade are similar to the one the Chiefs proposed to the Lions last year.

Likewise, it appears the Eagles are at least interested in acquiring the fifth pick considering their interest in Eric Berry.

Will it happen? These deals usually don't but I would think the Chiefs are thinking about it.

The Bad Guy

The Saints defensive line was really nothing special. Sharper made a huge contribution in a lot of games. The Saints secondary prior to his arrival was dogshit.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
24 and 37 isn't enough, you do that you're making a "We don't wanna pay" move.

spanky 52
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe this is the year the Chief's take the BPA with the first pick. I know we could use a NT, QB or maybe an OL but I think Berry is one of those special players. We'll see.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Playmakers ARE your foundation, you ****ing dolt.

Well, I disagree.

I think the foundation is the offensive and defensive lines which most people do not refer to as 'playmakers.'

A playmaker at a skill type of position will not do any good behind a crappy line unless maybe he is a Barry Sanders kind of guy.

There are countless examples of teams with so-so talent at 'playmaker' positions who go on and do great things with excellent lines and solid defense.

I think you want to fight over the use of the word 'playmaker' and 'foundation', but fighting over semantics doesn't interest me.

If you don't agree that the foundation of a football team is in the lines and that the word playmaker usually refers to the 'skill positions' then there is no basis for further discussion.

Coogs
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM

No doubt. I'd kind of forgotten about trying to give away our 3rd pick (before we actually did give it away) to the Lions last season.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Foundation players are playmakers franchise QBs and pass rushers.

The Saints and Colts just played in the bowl you know how many 1st round offensive lineman played for them this year? ZERO

I'd say I'm all for 1st round DL but we aren't a 4-3 team anymore so that kinda changes to rush backers and there isn't one of those worth 5.

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
The thing is, are you saying the only way to build that foundation is with high picks.

The 2 lines in the Super Bowl had ZERO first round picks on them.

You can build your lines later in the draft. Getting legit playmakers is much more difficult in later rounds.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Here is what Arrowhead Pride is tossing out there. And frankly, this scares the hell out of me.

arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/5/1406291/eagles-working-out-eric-berry-now

(snip)

Will it happen? These deals usually don't but I would think the Chiefs are thinking about it.

Very interesting...I am going to pray.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
The thing is, are you saying the only way to build that foundation is with high picks.

You can build your lines later in the draft. Getting legit playmakers is much more difficult in later rounds.

Pretty much, and the Chiefs by being a 3-4 team took away the spot you should spend high picks on which is a 4-3 end.

In a 3-4 the Chiefs really only need a big fat guy that's not worthy of top 5 and there isn't a DeMarcus Ware this year...

If they're smart they can get Berry and a rushbacker and the defense will improve greatly, but they probably think Vrabel can still play.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Very interesting...I am going to pray.

You're going to pray for a horrendous trade? That trade is awful value we're giving the Eagles an elite player for trash.

Nightfyre
Berry is not the best player in the draft. Factor in positional value and he's even further out of the running.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/5/1406291/eagles-working-out-eric-berry-now

Last week news broke that the Chiefs would be visiting with Tennessee S Eric Berry. The Chiefs, picking at the 5th spot, made sense. Several other teams picking in the top ten of the draft scheduled workouts with him.

But so did the Eagles, who had the 24th pick in the draft at the point.

At the time, the Eagles seemingly didn't have the ammo to move into the top ten of the draft but now, after the Donovan McNabb trade that netted them the 37th pick in the draft, it's beginning to make sense.

Let me explain a little more.

Let's put into perspective what it might cost for someone to acquire the fifth pick.

It's been widely reported that the Chiefs last year offered the Lions the third pick in the draft for the 20th and 33rd picks. The Lions, according to the Star's Adam Teicher at the time, declined the offer.

Fast forward to this year and we've got the Eagles who hold similar picks as the Lions (24th and 37th), as well as the Chiefs who are now five instead of three.

It would make quite a bit of sense, in my mind, for the Chiefs to at least ponder the idea of sending the fifth overall pick to the Eagles for the 24th and 37th pick. The parameters of the hypothetical trade are similar to the one the Chiefs proposed to the Lions last year.

Likewise, it appears the Eagles are at least interested in acquiring the fifth pick considering their interest in Eric Berry.

First, the Eagles organization is the kind that treats draft picks like gold bricks. I don't see them giving up two picks for one player, plus taking on the contract of the 5th overall pick, even though they'd be getting off ridiculously light to make the move.

Second, for sake of conversation, if the Eagles were willing and the Chiefs did this, Pioli should be subject to a public stoning at Gate H immediately thereafter. Value-wise, the Eagles are raping us on that deal. We'd basically be leaving a high 2nd round pick on the table.

Move down 19 spots and pick up a 2nd round pick. Fucking brilliant.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, I disagree.

I think the foundation is the offensive and defensive lines which most people do not refer to as 'playmakers.'

A playmaker at a skill type of position will not do any good behind a crappy line unless maybe he is a Barry Sanders kind of guy.

There are countless examples of teams with so-so talent at 'playmaker' positions who go on and do great things with excellent lines and solid defense.

I think you want to fight over the use of the word 'playmaker' and 'foundation', but fighting over semantics doesn't interest me.

If you don't agree that the foundation of a football team is in the lines and that the word playmaker usually refers to the 'skill positions' then there is no basis for further discussion.

What's the foundation in Indy? NO? SD? PITT?

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
First, the Eagles organization is the kind that treats draft picks like gold bricks. I don't see them giving up two picks for one player, plus taking on the contract of the 5th overall pick, even though they'd be getting off ridiculously light to make the move.

Second, for sake of conversation, if the Eagles were willing and the Chiefs did this, Pioli should be subject to a public stoning at Gate H immediately thereafter. Value-wise, the Eagles are raping us on that deal. We'd basically be leaving a high 2nd round pick on the table.

As I said that move would be nothing more than signifying that this team has no interest in spending money.

Coogs
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Absolutely! And like I said, I had forgotten we tried to do this very same thing last year. Scares me to no end that we might actually try something stupid like this again this year.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I was reading Jeremiah's twitter a second ago and found this...

RT @rat6: What are the odds KC takes Baluga?>> I don't like picking him there but that's the buzz I'm hearing

doomy3
04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
While I agree that we don't need a line full of first round picks and hope we pick Eric Berry, I think you guys need to find a new argument besides the same rhetoric "Well, how many teams have 2 top 15 picks on their line?"

The argument could just as easily read, "How many teams have a top 5 pick at safety?"

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone advocating that we should do a trade like that with the Eagles should get a fucking clue.

The Browns gave up a 2nd rounder just to move up one spot to select Kellen Winslow. We are going to give up 19 spots and get a 2nd rounder?

Fuck off with that nonsense.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
While I agree that we don't need a line full of first round picks and hope we pick Eric Berry, I think you guys need to find a new argument besides the same rhetoric "Well, how many teams have 2 top 15 picks on their line?"

The argument could just as easily read, "How many teams have a top 5 pick at safety?"

Well how many teams ever won without any playmakers?

doomy3
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Well how many teams ever won without any playmakers?

I'm not sure why you would respond to my post with this nonsense.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:13 PM
It's a good question because we frankly, don't have any.

No matter how many lineman you have if you have no playmakers you aren't going to win either.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM

I dont know where you are getting this from...Or why you think I have said me NEED to draft an OT and move Albert...But maybe you are confusing me with someone else...

I have been pretty consistent in supporting a trade down..and I haven't bashed Albert...

Yes, I am -open- to moving Albert if it makes the o-line better, but I haven't been calling for his head on a platter or anything. ANd I do realize there is a LOT of truth to what people say that moving Albert to ROT or even LG would be admitting a major mistake and require a great deal of re-training.

But if this turns out to be the reality (we draft an LOT or Albert ends up changing positions) I am OK with it....if it means that we , in the end, have a top notch offensive line.....

Everyone has their different philosophies, I mean....I am just a fan...I don't have any experience running a real football team....All I know Is what I have seen since I have been a hard core fan.....Which hasn't been too long compared to some of you old timers I am sure. I did have season tickets for 2 seasons, but now since I live too far away I have directTV.

To me the problem the last couple seasons has seemed to primarily be on the offensive and defensive lines. No pass rush, and a failure to consistently make 1st downs and score points. Drafting a safety with the #5 over all pick fails to address these things, in my eyes.

Sometimes I can be narrow minded, I will admit but until we fix those problems, I do not see how doing much else will help things....

That is why I think trading the pick is probably the best option, since moving ALbert right now is probably premature...If he hadn't turned his game around in the last few games, I would be 100% convinced to take one of the OT's.

For right now, all I can do is hope he can play decent when it actually matters. It is much easier to play well when you have nothing really on the line.

I hope for everyone's sake that Albert continues to improve and makes the pro bowl at LOT..But I think it would be an error to just assume this is going to happen.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Are you suggesting these teams were at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed? Sacks registered?

You REALLy want to compare them to the chiefs?

I mean if you do, I'll be happy to look it up really quick...

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
As long as we have mr inaccurate at QB we're going to continue to struggle to consistently get 1st downs..

And on top of that he causes a lot of sacks, Roethlisberger also takes a lot of sacks but he makes plays doing that, our guy doesn't.

Nightfyre
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Foundation players are playmakers franchise QBs and pass rushers.

The Saints and Colts just played in the bowl you know how many 1st round offensive lineman played for them this year? ZERO

I'd say I'm all for 1st round DL but we aren't a 4-3 team anymore so that kinda changes to rush backers and there isn't one of those worth 5.

We've done this before, but this is how I interpret positional value.

Tier 1: QB, 34 OLB, LT, 43 DE, 43 RE

Tier 2: WR, CB, 34 NT

Tier 3: S, 43 OLB, RB, 34 DE, 43 LE

Tier 4: G, C, RT, ILB

Tier 5: K, P
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
That's probably about right, although a WR should probably be in tier 1 since if any of them are ever upper tier prospects they go extremely high.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you suggesting these teams were at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed? Sacks registered?

You REALLy want to compare them to the chiefs?

I mean if you do, I'll be happy to look it up really quick...

Lines are > than QBs.

The Franchise
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I firmly believe that if Peyton Manning was there at #5....75% of Chiefs fans would pass on him to draft a LT because a QB is nothing without an All-Pro offensive line.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I firmly believe that if Peyton Manning was there at #5....75% of Chiefs fans would pass on him to draft a LT because a QB is nothing without an All-Pro offensive line.

They would just talk about how he's not a good enough prospect, then 5 years later say they wanted him.

No QB is ever good enough at the time of the draft. Stafford wasn't, Sanchez wasn't, Ryan wasn't, the list goes on and on.

AustinChief
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM

With 24, 37 and 55 it becomes a legit trade... no way I see the eagles wanting to move up THAT badly.

If they do (and assuming we aren't taking Berry or Clausen) then this is a no brainer... though I would rather move back 5-10 spots and get Earl Thomas ... I like Berry but I just don't think the dropoff to Thomas is that much and I'd welcome the extra draft pick.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Carl Peterson Principle.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Here it is:

Sacks Registered

Indy 16th
NO 13th
SD 13th (tie)
PITT 2nd

All of them in the 'top half' of the league, with Pitt obviosuly more defensive oriented.

Sacks Allowed

Colts 1st (fewest sacks allowed)
Saints 4th
Chargers 7th
Pitt 31st

All of them with the exception of Pitt were excellent in this category.

The chiefs were 27th and 31st.

Coogs
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Ain't that the truth. 75% might even be erroring on the side of caution. Could be a bit higher than that.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
With 24, 37 and 55 it becomes a legit trade... no way I see the eagles wanting to move up THAT badly.

If they do (and assuming we aren't taking Berry or Clausen) then this is a no brainer... though I would rather move back 5-10 spots and get Earl Thomas ... I like Berry but I just don't think the dropoff to Thomas is that much and I'd welcome the extra draft pick.

Well the major difference is Berry is a lot more willing to come up in run support, Thomas doesn't play that way, he's a very marginal run defender.

I'm not a big fan of dropping that far, we'd almost assuredly get ripped off to do it since it's the Eagles.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
You really think the lines are what make those teams go?

AustinChief
Anyone advocating that we should do a trade like that with the Eagles should get a ****ing clue.

The Browns gave up a 2nd rounder just to move up one spot to select Kellen Winslow. We are going to give up 19 spots and get a 2nd rounder?

**** off with that nonsense.

If they threw us 2 2nd rounders (37,55) .. I'd have no problem moving down if our people aren't sold on Berry or Clausen... I seriously doubt the eagles want to move up THAT badly though.

Ming the Merciless

I don't know man...I mean all pro is one thing, but how bout we shoot for not being in the bottom 5...

The Franchise
Here it is:

Sacks Registered

Indy 16th
NO 13th
SD 13th (tie)
PITT 2nd

All of them in the 'top half' of the league, with Pitt obviosuly more defensive oriented.

Sacks Allowed

Saints 4th
Chargers 7th
Pitt 31st

What does each one of those teams have?

A Franchise Fucking QB.

Coogs
04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Here it is:

Sacks Registered

Indy 16th
NO 13th
SD 13th (tie)
PITT 2nd

Sacks Allowed

Saints 4th
Chargers 7th
Pitt 31st

Sacks allowed before Charles and after Charles are quite a bit different. Probably about the same time as Chambers came on board as well.

And check out the Pats sack stats for a three year cycle with Brady, Cassel, Brady. Pretty enlightening.

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Matt Cassel is going to take sacks, he's one of those guys, just the same as Manning could behind nobodies and he doesn't take sacks.

Pitt is low because the way Roethlisberger plays leads to him taking sacks.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM
What does each one of those teams have?

A Franchise ****ing QB.

I didn't pick the teams...

There are other teams that do not have a 'franchise QB' that do well on both lists...

AustinChief
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Well the major difference is Berry is a lot more willing to come up in run support, Thomas doesn't play that way, he's a very marginal run defender.

I'm not a big fan of dropping that far, we'd almost assuredly get ripped off to do it since it's the Eagles.

I really don't want to drop that much either BUT at least with the #55 thrown in, the trade is somewhat fair.

I don't think he is a "marginal" run defender at all... BUT he isn't nearly as good as Berry... but it can be argued Thomas is better in coverage.

My take...
Berry = Run-10+/10 Cover-9/10
Thomas = Run- 8/10 Cover- 10/10

Berry is clearly better... but Thomas would be a steal after #10 if we could trade back and grab him I'd be elated.

Ming the Merciless
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Sacks allowed before Charles and after Charles are quite a bit different. Probably about the same time as Chambers came on board as well.

And check out the Pats sack stats for a three year cycle with Brady, Cassel, Brady. Pretty enlightening.

All very true...

I will admit I am still holding out hope for Cassel....Which I know there are a lot of people who have given up on him...

But yah, the brady-cassell-brady sack stats were pretty interesting although I don't know enough about the rest of the team to know if there were any other variables...Which I am sure there were....(not trying to make excuses for Cassel but Brady is some pretty big shoes to fill)

Mecca
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Thomas is also really small, like smaller than I thought...I don't hate him but I do question if his future is at FS or CB. Because of the way he plays..

I don't think Thomas is a better cover guy he came out after his big year while Berry has spent 3 years doing 3 different things, Berry went from a centerfielder to a rover to playing a lot of box safety this past year.

Thomas doesn't have that versatility as a safety he's a centerfielder type nothing else, like a smaller version of Reggie Nelson.

AustinChief
04-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Thomas is also really small, like smaller than I thought...I don't hate him but I do question if his future is at FS or CB. Because of the way he plays..

I don't think Thomas is a better cover guy he came out after his big year while Berry has spent 3 years doing 3 different things, Berry went from a centerfielder to a rover to playing a lot of box safety this past year.

Thomas doesn't have that versatility as a safety he's a centerfielder type nothing else, like a smaller version of Reggie Nelson.

I respectfully disagree on most of this except his size.. he is a little small... his instincts are off the charts though...

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe this is the year the Chief's take the BPA with the first pick. I know we could use a NT, QB or maybe an OL but I think Berry is one of those special players. We'll see.

Like we did in 2008. And amazinly our best players on the whole team are from that draft.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Matt Cassel is going to take sacks, he's one of those guys, just the same as Manning could behind nobodies and he doesn't take sacks.

Pitt is low because the way Roethlisberger plays leads to him taking sacks.

Cassel really didn't take alot of sacks the last part of the season (8 in the last 6 games), so I don't know about that one. Of course his play was really, really shitty in that time, so who knows.

The Franchise
04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Cassel really didn't take alot of sacks the last part of the season (8 in the last 6 games), so I don't know about that one. Of course his play was really, really shitty in that time, so who knows.

Our offensive line got better the last half of the season....but he got shittier. Great QB we have here.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
A championship, dyntasy football team has these positions as playmakers.

QB
Pass Rusher (RDE in 4-3 or OLB in 3-4)
LT
WR
CB

While safety generally isn't one of the main ones, nearly all the great NFL teams had a bad ass safety.

Chiefs - Johnny Robinson
49ers - Ronnie Lott
Cowboys - Darren Woodson
Patriots - Harrison and Milloy

Steelers of the 70's didn't but their two safeties won them a couple of Super Bowls by making big plays.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Our offensive line got better the last half of the season....but he got shittier. Great QB we have here.

They also had an outstanding running game the last half as well.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
They also had an outstanding running game.

And Cassel's play got shitter.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM

At this point, I guess this can't be said enough :(

Coogs
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM

"Coach Weis, could you tell us what it is you like about Matt Cassel?"

"Well, he is on our team. That is what I like about him."

ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM

That's what he is a horrible QB, people will say" give him time, he's only started 30 games, and played well with the one year he started in NE." The year prior that same Patriot offense was one of the most prolific units in NFL history

Hate to break down for you but Cassel's inability to anticipate breaks and natural ball placement. Are his weakest points and with his athletic skillset, it needs to be the strongest he has a weak arm, he's indecisive because he doesn't have natural timing coupled with very average field vision which leads to him holding on the ball to long and then taking a sack and at 28 years old that shit won't improve. Then there is the fact that he just doesn't have the demeanor of a good QB.On the field he thinks he needs to act like Brady, but Brady is methodical and has respect from his teammates. Cassel hasn't proven shit so he should keep that on field attitude in check until he proves he can play the part of a team leader. McDaniels has the same proble thinks he's Belichick without proving shit.

siberian khatru
04-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Steelers of the 70's didn't but their two safeties won them a couple of Super Bowls by making big plays.

I dunno, Donnie Shell was pretty good.

tyler360
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
"Coach Weis, could you tell us what it is you like about Matt Cassel?"

"Well, he is on our team. That is what I like about him."

ROFL

When I heard him say that I knew from that point on that he wanted Clausen. He definitely did not back up Cassel at all.

RealSNR
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
This is a pretty solid post whether the know-it-all draft geniuses around here are willing to admit it or not. Especially that last statement.

I don't particularly want to go OT with our first pick and I'd love to see Berry as a Chief, but worse things could happen than to focus on building a standout offensive line, particularly if it's as a part of a favorable trade-down scenario.I am strongly considering taking a break from obsessing over Chiefs football if we draft a fucking LT over Clausen or Berry this year.

And I believe I'm totally in the right to do this. I've stuck with them for a few losing seasons now. We're not quite to the 1980s, but we're getting there, especially if the front office maintains this football mindset from the fucking 1950s. You don't have to be a GM to figure out how low of a percentage of winning teams are actually built by "Build the trenches, then add skill". You add skill wherever the fuck you can get it.

If you have a spouse who has a problem, you want to see them get better. So you encourage them to do the right things, you help them out, you be patient, etc. But when they refuse to help themselves and instead engage in habits that are WORSE than the ones that got them to this low point, what do you do? You get a DIVORCE.

DeezNutz
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
You know why divorces are so expensive?

Because they're worth it.

milkman
04-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm with you that the whole let's leave for the Jets, we love Sanchez is a bit much, but every man has his breaking point. After 20 years of Carl combined with the start Pioli would be off to if they blow this draft, I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving.

At some point enough is enough.

This team has pissed me off for 40 years.

I've said, at times that enough is enough, but I'm still here.

Anyone that takes these posts that claim that they will be done with this team seriously is a freakin' idiot.

milkman
04-07-2010, 08:01 AM

If Scott Pioli hadn't been so dead set on transitioning immediately, and had made the transition to the 34 over the span of a couple of years, the way Bellichick did it when he took over in New England, he wouldn't have had to waste a pick on Tyson Jackson, and would have been able to turn over the roster at a less frantic pace.

This draft would have set up perfectly for the transition, and everyone knew it would last year at this time.

milkman
04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Playmakers ARE your foundation, you ****ing dolt.

In a perfect world, you would build your defense from the inside out, front ot back.

In a perfect world, Glen Dorsey would be the foundation piece that you build around of a 43 defense.

However, this isn't a perfect world.

You have to adjust and adapt.

Berry is arguably the best player in thsi draft and he could fall right into our laps.

You don't pass on the type of talent that he brings.

You take him, and you try to build in front of him with the best players that you can find later in the draft and via free agency.

He can be the difference maker, long term.

spanky 52
04-07-2010, 10:42 AM
This team has pissed me off for 40 years.

I've said, at times that enough is enough, but I'm still here.

Anyone that takes these posts that claim that they will be done with this team seriously is a freakin' idiot.

This is true. Ever since Christmas day, 1971, I've been up and down with the Chiefs, mostly down, but every year when I've told myself it's time to find another team, I keep coming right back. You can't quit the Chiefs.