PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Who is the bravest BBQer?

NewChief
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd like to see a planeteer try their hand at this. I saw it on Bourdain or Zimmern one time (can't remember which), but one of my food blogs just posted the how to:

http://tinyurl.com/yjnec5d

Delano
04-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I didn't know anyone watched Andrew Zimmern's show.
Posted via Mobile Device

booyaf2
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
linky no good

NewChief
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I didn't know anyone watched Andrew Zimmern's show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? I love that show. Combines travel and food, two of my favorite things.

crazycoffey
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
mmm, can I just pass, maybe I'm not as cultured as I'd like to think.

Ok, try eating it? maybe if cooked by someone I think would do it as it is intended to be ate. Me trying to cook it? no thanks....

NewChief
04-07-2010, 10:04 AM
linky no good

Sorry... I fixed it with a tinyurl. Forgot that it has f-a-g in it, so it gets converted to pillowbiter.

OnTheWarpath15
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
He doesn't use the spleen or heart?

Pass.

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I'll stick to pork butts and ribs

OnTheWarpath15
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
mmm, can I just pass, maybe I'm not as cultured as I'd like to think.

Ok, try eating it? maybe if cooked by someone I think would do it as it is intended to be ate. Me trying to cook it? no thanks....

What's up, man? Good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well - at least as well as you can considering...

Saulbadguy
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Looks tasty.

Delano
04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Really? I love that show. Combines travel and food, two of my favorite things.

Love the concept; can't stand the host.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I'd like to see a planeteer try their hand at this. I saw it on Bourdain or Zimmern one time (can't remember which), but one of my food blogs just posted the how to:

http://tinyurl.com/yjnec5d

Yuck!! Not for me thanks stick with pork shoulder or maybe spare ribs :)

crazycoffey
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
What's up, man? Good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well - at least as well as you can considering...

Still on most days, lurking, looking for news to perk the ol spirit. LOL Check your rep comments....

NewChief
04-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Love the concept; can't stand the host.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh. He's dorky... but he doesn't bother me too much. He's got a damned iron stomach, that's for sure.

Delano
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
He's got a damned iron stomach, that's for sure.

I'm not sure what kind of shellfish he's eating in the latest advertisement, but I nearly vomit at the sight of him extracting it from the shell.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Still on most days, lurking, looking for news to perk the ol spirit. LOL Check your rep comments....

Check yours as well.

NewChief
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure what kind of shellfish he's eating in the latest advertisement, but I nearly vomit at the sight of him extracting it from the shell.
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't seen that one. Geoduck clam, maybe?
http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/faq/images/geoduck.jpg

tooge
04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
one of my favorite shows. I actually saw that episone where they made that intestine wrapped roll of goodness. I would love to try about 90% of the stuff he tries on that show. I could do without the raw blood right out of the calfs neck type stuff, but fried bugs, any type of slow roasted or grilled meat or animal part, and I'm game. It's really amazing to me that what many cultures view as essential, delicious, or normal daily table fare, we often find repulsive to the point of vomiting at the thought of it. Wonder what they would think of an egg mcmuffin?

NewChief
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
one of my favorite shows. I actually saw that episone where they made that intestine wrapped roll of goodness. I would love to try about 90% of the stuff he tries on that show. I could do without the raw blood right out of the calfs neck type stuff, but fried bugs, any type of slow roasted or grilled meat or animal part, and I'm game. It's really amazing to me that what many cultures view as essential, delicious, or normal daily table fare, we often find repulsive to the point of vomiting at the thought of it. Wonder what they would think of an egg mcmuffin?

That's what amazes me. How other cultures (even really "close" cultures to our own like Hispanic cultures) are so much more connected to their food than us. I see it all the time around here, as our supermercados and carnicerias are often better places to get "real" food than the normal grocery store, which is full of prepackaged, processed food products.