PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who likes Matt Cassel?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Honest, simple question do you like him or not? No bullshit responses like he is on the Chiefs so I like him, bc if thats the case Carl Peterson and Herm would get yes votes.

Pablo
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh. An original thread topic.

Good.

salame
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I like him, in the sense that he seems nice and is cute
I would kiss him
I don't know about his qb skills just yet

The Franchise
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Not only no....but fucking no.

Chief Chief
04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
When you say "...like him...", do you mean:

...as the starting QB of the Chiefs?

...as a person?

OR

...when he's not in the fetal position?

Red Brooklyn
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
never met the man.

Bugeater
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Worthless overpaid POS.

Pablo
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Do you like creamed corn?

Honest, simple question do you like it or not? No bullshit responses like I'll eat it if it's put in front of me, bc if thats the case buttered lima beans and grilled asparagus would get yes votes.

Silock
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I like him as a backup. As the future franchise QB, I'm far from sold.

CoMoChief
Do I think he sucks? Yeah, but doesn't mean he can't get better.......giving him a big contract though was fucking stupid. thanks Scott.

He can NOT throw a deep ball for shit. And he has minimal experience at the most important position in the game. For the Chiefs sake, I truly hope he gets better.

Having that said I wish we would start Croyle too.

Bane
Fukk no.Not even as a back up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 04:33 PM
As an individual and judging from his assessments of his own play, I think he's a delusional dumbass. "Graded out with 0 errors".

As what he represents, as a symbol of our ineptitude and Pioli's dipshittery, I despise him with a Pakistani's hatred of an Indian.

Bane
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
6-9 so far...:rolleyes:
At least cassel has a place to go when he wants a blowjob.:shake:

:edit.6-12...Thats more like it.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
As an individual and judging from his assessments of his own play, I think he's a delusional dumbass. "Graded out with 0 errors".

As what he represents, as a symbol of our ineptitude and Pioli's dipshittery, I despise him with a Pakistani's hatred of an Indian.

I would say "this" but Hamas can use words that are just flat out amazing.

Ming the Merciless
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
It is so much easier to blame Cassel for all the problems than to admit that we are still rebuilding and that even Manning or Brees or whatnot would have only gotten maybe 1-2 more wins....

The Franchise
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
It is so much easier to blame Cassel for all the problems than to admit that we are still rebuilding and that even Manning or Brees or whatnot would have only gotten maybe 1-2 more wins....

:facepalm:

Really? You must be a Saccopoo dupe.

luv
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Depends. Watching him conduct interviews and such, he seems pretty cool with a good attitude. Watching him on the field, not so much. I'm guessing, for the purposes of this poll, I should cast the no vote.

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM

LMAO nice play off your name

Deberg_1990
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Seems like a decent kid. Id let him date my daughter if she was of age.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm sure his Mom and Dad like him, but that is debatable.

sodcat
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
imho I think he deserves another year.....

salame
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I bet his younger family members hate playing catch with him at family things
"Dammit uncle Matt stop underthrowing me"

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Don't like Matt Bono.

Bugeater
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
imho I think he deserves another year.....
Oh, he's going to get another year, but I am curious to know what he accomplished last year that makes you think he 'deserves' it.

LaChapelle
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Mark Castle has a dilemma most should sympathize with
When ever he makes an err Kellie Croyle jumps up and down
All QBs but Orton and Quinn understand fully automatic err

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh, he's going to get another year, but I am curious to know what he accomplished last year that makes you think he 'deserves' it.

When he was running NE's offense, which non-consequently was one of the most prolific offensive units in NFL history a year prior with an all-pro cast supporting him.

Ming the Merciless
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I know this is off topic but it is really hard to concentrate with Tribal's Signiture around...

Back to topic: I am optimistic that Cassel will have a much better season this season with the improvements that will take place...Cautiously optimistic...

DeezNutz
Based on this "closed-door" excuses, I'm surprised any fans would find him too endearing.

Mr. Arrowhead
sounds like a nice dude, i have no probs with him lol

58kcfan89
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Eh, I wasn't impressed last year, but I think he'll improve this year, especially considering our OL will be better and the OC won't get fired 3 weeks before the season.

As for the poll, I'll be the idiot and say that I like him. But I think we can do better.

Bane
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Eh, I wasn't impressed last year, but I think he'll improve this year, especially considering our OL will be better and the OC won't get fired 3 weeks before the season.

As for the poll, I'll be the idiot and say that I like him. But I think we can do better.

At least you're being honest and actually give reason for your logic.Even though I respectfully disagree.
rep.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
The problem is that "better" likely won't be good enough.

He was damn near the least effective QB in the league last season, 44/46, so of course he's probably going to be "better." Fuck, it can't be much worse. And Weis WILL help.

Bane
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM

He was damn near the least effective QB in the league last season, 44/46, so of course he's probably going to be "better." ****, it can't be much worse. And Weis WILL help.

I almost said as bad as he was he can only get better,but your post pretty much says it all.Bad thing is if he plays 2% better,all the Cassel ball washers will say he made "strides" as a Qb and is just the QBOTF we have been looking for.:shake:

ModSocks
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I dont think bad of him as a person.

I think he isn't a very good player. I want him to be a good player, I'll be rooting for him to become better. I dont think he will get better though. Well i shouldn't say that.

He'll get better. He has to. You cant do much worse than last season. but I dont think he'll ever be good enough to win in the playoffs with. And I dont think he'll get MUCH better. Only marginally.

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
he made "strides" as a Qb and is just the QBOTF we have been looking for.:shake:

That's what they said during the beginning of this years offseason.

Bane
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
That's what they said during the beginning of this years offseason.

Then there is no hope.....:cuss:

milkman
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM

He was damn near the least effective QB in the league last season, 44/46, so of course he's probably going to be "better." ****, it can't be much worse. And Weis WILL help.

Weis will help, and unlike Haley, Weis will adjust the system to minimize Cassel's weaknesses.

And unlike Gailey, he won't get fired just prior to the season when that adjustment doesn't look anything like Haley's offense.

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Matt Cassel is a piece of shit (c)

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Weis will help, and unlike Haley, Weis will adjust the system to minimize Cassel's weaknesses.

And unlike Gailey, he won't get fired just prior to the season when that adjustment doesn't look anything like Haley's offense.

No question.

I'm fearful, however, that Weis will help just enough to ensure that Cassel achieves the type of upper-level mediocrity that ensures that 1.) he'll continue to be the starter and 2.) the team will never win anything because of his penchant for being mediocre.

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Don't like Matt Bono.

I thought about calling him Elvis Cassel but decided that would be overselling him.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought about calling him Elvis Cassel but decided that would be overselling him.

If that's the criteria, let's just call him Matt Blackledge.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Yep.

Grbac was far more naturally gifted.

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
No question.

I'm fearful, however, that Weis will help just enough to ensure that Cassel achieves the type of upper-level mediocrity that ensures that 1.) he'll continue to be the starter and 2.) the team will never win anything because of his penchant for being mediocre.

This is the thought that keeps me up nights.

It's also pretty likely to happen if we don't get this Clausen thing going NOW. If we draft Clausen, upper level mediocrity won't be good enough to keep the expensive high first rounder on the bench.

If we draft Berry, Cassel's 15th ranked QB rating in a system designed to maximize the efficiency of QBs will be enough to ensure that we draft another high-round D-lineman in 2012 and roll with the career backup.

Ugh...please please please draft Clausen.

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 05:53 PM
If that's the criteria, let's just call him Matt Blackledge.

I was thinking Matt Barnes.

The name rhymes and they both have roughly equivalent talent.

But Marty was smart enough to consider the 4th rounder we dumped on Pat a sunk cost and cut him immediately. Pioli's gonna give fucko 2 seasons worth of starts.

Yup, that's definitely what I'm going with. Matt Barnes.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:57 PM
This is the thought that keeps me up nights.

It's also pretty likely to happen if we don't get this Clausen thing going NOW. If we draft Clausen, upper level mediocrity won't be good enough to keep the expensive high first rounder on the bench.

If we draft Berry, Cassel's 15th ranked QB rating in a system designed to maximize the efficiency of QBs will be enough to ensure that we draft another high-round D-lineman in 2012 and roll with the career backup.

Ugh...please please please draft Cassel.

Exactly how I feel.

Because of this, I think Berry might be the most dangerous fool's gold in the draft. Take him and you have to become the 2000 Ravens. FML.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Based on this "closed-door" excuses, I'm surprised any fans would find him too endearing.

This is something I never got. I don't know where he's ever made excuses. In a lot of cases, I've heard him shoulder the blame. From a personality/work ethic standpoint, I don't see any reason to hate him and I think a lot of people exaggerate some of those points just to prove some kind of point. As a professional, I haven't seen a thing that leads me to believe he's handled himself unprofessionally.

From an on-the-field standpoint, he has a really long way to go and an awful lot to prove. I hope he succeeds. Quite frankly, there are a lot of obstacles in front of him and don't know if he'll always be limited by his talent. Don't know. But I'm willing to at least give him that chance first.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Matt Barnes.

Fail.

We never heard enough from Pat to know that he was a spineless little bitch, so it's unfair to claim that he was also a petulant California prick.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
No question.

The great news is I believe Weis is a much more experienced evaluator to know if Cassel isn't the answer.

The bad news is, if the Chiefs hang onto Cassel as the only option in 2010 with no viable backup plan, it may be too late.

Either way, I'd be shocked if the Chiefs don't take a QB in the early rounds this season. Even if it's the second or third round.

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Fail.

We never heard enough from Pat to know that he was a spineless little bitch, so it's unfair to claim that he was also a petulant California prick.

Barnes went to Cal.

C'mon.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
This is something I never got. I don't know where he's ever made excuses. In a lot of cases, I've heard him shoulder the blame. From a personality/work ethic standpoint, I don't see any reason to hate him and I think a lot of people exaggerate some of those points just to prove some kind of point. As a professional, I haven't seen a thing that leads me to believe he's handled himself unprofessionally.

From an on-the-field standpoint, he has a really long way to go and an awful lot to prove. I hope he succeeds. Quite frankly, there are a lot of obstacles in front of him and don't know if he'll always be limited by his talent. Don't know. But I'm willing to at least give him that chance first.

I could be wrong, and I admit that I'm barreling to "blind hatred" territory with respect to Matt Bono, but I saw precious little leadership ability from him in '09.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Barnes went to Cal.

C'mon.

Right, but we don't know if he was petulant.

Prick? Of course. Goes with the zip code.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
This poll is way to fucking close. Right now, I don't see how anyone could like him as our starting QB. I hope he proves me wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Right, but we don't know if he was petulant.

Prick? Of course. Goes with the zip code.

Fair point.

He could be merely condescending or haughty.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Matt Bono
LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I think he's swell and certainly don't hope he comes down with Stage 4 Colon Cancer....

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I could be wrong, and I admit that I'm barreling to "blind hatred" territory with respect to Matt Bono, but I saw precious little leadership ability from him in '09.

Leadership. Temper. I think those are among the things he needs to improve. Hopefully Weis is a good influence on him. Maybe he won't be.

I was talking more from a character standpoint. I think he's a good kid with a good work ethic and I think everyone, coaches and players, like him and respond well to him. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe otherwise.

But in the end, it comes down to talent. The hard work and likability can only go so far. I'm not walking into the season with high hopes on him, but again, I'm pulling for him to do it.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
This poll is way to ****ing close. Right now, I don't see how anyone could like him as our starting QB. I hope he proves me wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just think if this was the Colation or WPI, the results would be opposite.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Leadership. Temper. I think those are among the things he needs to improve. Hopefully Weis is a good influence on him. Maybe he won't be.

I was talking more from a character standpoint. I think he's a good kid with a good work ethic and I think everyone, coaches and players, like him and respond well to him. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe otherwise.

But in the end, it comes down to talent. The hard work and likability can only go so far. I'm not walking into the season with high hopes on him, but again, I'm pulling for him to do it.

I'm not sure about how his teammates really feel about him. Pushing linemen, taking sacks, being demonstrative at other players' errors yet lying about his own (0 errors), etc.

Bane
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
This poll is way to ****ing close. Right now, I don't see how anyone could like him as our starting QB. I hope he proves me wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said before at least we know where Cassel can get his balls washed real good.

MahiMike
04-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Cassel is da MAN!

DTLB58
04-07-2010, 06:43 PM

I second this.

Having said this, I have grown to the idea
of drafting Claussen, IF he falls and we
could move back into the 1st and get him.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure about how his teammates really feel about him. Pushing linemen, taking sacks, being demonstrative at other players' errors yet lying about his own (0 errors), etc.

Pushing his lineman was the only incident I can remember where he may have lost his cool, but even then, I can't think of a single QB that doesn't razz on his teammate once in a while when they don't do their job. The others are exaggeration, in my opinion. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he upstages his teammates or doesn't take accountability for his mistakes. I think a lot of that is driven by people who don't like him seeing what they want to see and hearing what they hear, and magnifying anything they see and hear to make him look worse.

I think those points are way overblown. But again, it comes down to talent. And from that standpoint, I don't agree with anyone that says he has no upside and isn't even good enough to be a backup. Another form of exaggeration. Where I do agree with most people is that he has a ton to prove and it's going to be one hell of an uphill climb. And unfortunately, I feel the odds are stacked against him that he'll be anything more than a good not great starter at the absolute best.

boogblaster
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I voted no .. I don't like his reads or his arm ...

ILChief
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I voted yes. I like him. I think he can be a decent starting QB. I think we should draft Clausen though.

the Talking Can
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Cassel has the arm of post-surgery Chad Pennington + the fighting spirit of Elvis Grbac

Archie Bunker
04-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Cassel has the arm of post-surgery Chad Pennington + the fighting spirit of Elvis Grbac

That sums it up perfectly.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 07:14 PM

So he's Rick Mirer.

notorious
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I voted yes. I like him. I think he can be a decent starting QB. I think we should draft Clausen though.

Decent starting QB is his max?

If he isn't the QB that can take you to the Superbowl, get someone that can ASAFP.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Decent starting QB is his max?

If he isn't the QB that can take you to the Superbowl, get someone that can ASAFP.

That's where I'm at right now. I think he's better than he gets credit for here, but has a lot to prove if he wants to be a guy to carry this franchise.

the Talking Can
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Cassel could easily be a lot better next year.....and still be just another guy...

the point isn't to make Cassel a QB with an 82 qb rating just to prove it can be done...and wasting years in the process

the point is to acquire a QB capable of leading a team to a superbowl...which means fuck Cassel, draft Clausen

DJ's left nut
04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Cassel could easily be a lot better next year.....and still be just another guy...

the point isn't to make Cassel a QB with an 82 qb rating just to prove it can be done...and wasting years in the process

the point is to acquire a QB capable of leading a team to a superbowl...which means **** Cassel, draft Clausen

Ugh. Why do you have to say things that I agree with?

For the record - I'm pretty sure I still hate you.

Carry on.

the Talking Can
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Ugh. Why do you have to say things that I agree with?

For the record - I'm pretty sure I still hate you.

Carry on.

i don't even know who you are

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Pushing his lineman was the only incident I can remember where he may have lost his cool, but even then, I can't think of a single QB that doesn't razz on his teammate once in a while when they don't do their job. The others are exaggeration, in my opinion. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he upstages his teammates or doesn't take accountability for his mistakes. I think a lot of that is driven by people who don't like him seeing what they want to see and hearing what they hear, and magnifying anything they see and hear to make him look worse.

I think those points are way overblown. But again, it comes down to talent. And from that standpoint, I don't agree with anyone that says he has no upside and isn't even good enough to be a backup. Another form of exaggeration. Where I do agree with most people is that he has a ton to prove and it's going to be one hell of an uphill climb. And unfortunately, I feel the odds are stacked against him that he'll be anything more than a good not great starter at the absolute best.

How about when the fans were booing him, to which his reaction was "fuck off"?

How about saying he graded out with no errors in a game where he threw 4 picks and lost at home to the cocksucking Buffalo Bills?

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2010, 08:18 PM
How about when the fans were booing him, to which his reaction was "fuck off"?

How about saying he graded out with no errors in a game where he threw 4 picks and lost at home to the cocksucking Buffalo Bills?

yelling at Charles when Cassel fumbled the exchange then Haley told good ole Matt " That one was on you Matt" on the sidelines. Essentially, he thinks he's Tom Brady on the field and tries act like him and when shit goes wrong everything falls a part. Then comes multiple turnovers, and yelling on the sidelines.

Chief Faithful
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I like him, but he is neither the team strength or weakness. Not exactly a good place to be with the starting QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Here's the problem:

Next year, we play teams with the following draft positions:

#1, #6, #7, #8 (twice), #9, #10, #13, #14 (twice), #16

11/16 games will be played against teams that finished in the bottom half of the league.

Another will be played against the Arizona Cardinals, who are probably a 5 win team w/o Boldin, Dansby, and Warner.
Tennessee might be a playoff contender. None of those other teams will, save for one of the NFC W teams just b/c someone has to win the division.

Basically, 3/4 of our games will be played against shitiful opponents. As such, we'll scrape together 7-8 wins and people will commend Pioli for doubling the win total (just like they did this year, for some fucktarded reason), all the while ignoring the fact that we are building a highway to a Super Bowl with a bigger gap in it (Cassel) than the bus in Speed had to jump over.

MadMax
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow that many people are seriously happy with him?? That is sad as hell. You deserve what you get which will be crap. spoon fed no chaser.

DeezNutz
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
with a bigger gap in it (Cassel) than the bus in Speed had to jump over.

Most of CP thinks that bitch is ugly.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Cassel is now in the lead, holy fuck we have a dumbass fanbase.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
To the silent majority:

What makes you like him?

Chief Faithful
04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow that many people are seriously happy with him??

That was not the question asked.

MadMax
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
That was not the question asked.

True. lol

DaneMcCloud
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
LMAO

What a bunch of fucking idiots

milkman
04-07-2010, 08:47 PM
When I look at the names of those who voted "yes", for the most part, I am not surprised.

-King-
04-07-2010, 08:49 PM
The question should be restated because liking him could mean a lot of things. It could mean liking him to be our starting qb, or simply liking how he looks...NTTAWWT

But I take it that you mean if we are pleased with him as the starting qb....

The answer is hell to the fuck no.

el borracho
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
What exactly do people like about him? As far as I can see, Cassel does not exceed at anything and is subpar on a number of things. He has a weak arm, he is not accurate, he does not get rid of the ball quickly and, hence, takes too many sacks. Seriously, what is there to like about him?

-King-
04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
What exactly do people like about him? As far as I can see, Cassel does not exceed at anything and is subpar on a number of things. He has a weak arm, he is not accurate, he does not get rid of the ball quickly and, hence, takes too many sacks. Seriously, what is there to like about him?

He's faster than most other white qbs?

damaticous
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I like him because he has potential. He did better starting in New England than any of our starting QB in recent memory.

Potential is the key word. I remain hopeful that he will get the needed supporting case of starters that will make him look better than he really is.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 08:55 PM
22 year old have potentials, 28 year olds are suppose to have peaked.

-King-
I like him because he has potential. He did better starting in New England than any of our starting QB in recent memory.

Potential is the key word.
He doesn't have potential. Weak arm, below average to average accuracy. Stares down the rush. I didn't see any potential in him last year. Usually you can see a few flashes...but only really good pass I remember Cassel making was the one out of his own end zone to Lance Long in the denver or oakland game. Other than that...

And when the rest of the team improved, he got worse.I remain hopeful that he will get the needed supporting case of starters that will make him look better than he really is.
You can say that about literally any QB and be correct.

milkman

Potential is the key word. I remain hopeful that he will get the needed supporting case of starters that will make him look better than he really is.

21 year old QBs fresh out of school have potential.

28 year old career backups are whta they are.

Bugeater
04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
To the silent majority:

What makes you like him?
*crickets*

Mecca
04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
His best pass was the one that hit the cross bar, you know how hard that is to do?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Well, at least you're honest.

el borracho
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM

What have you seen that would indicate that Cassel has potential?

RYAN32
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
everyone that talks shit about cassel will eat there words come this season

milkman
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM

If we do, they will at least have capital letters, and will use there/their appropriately.

BarrySPAMAID
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM

YEAH!.

I like Matt. I think he is going to get better with this offense. I think Charlie will do wonders with him. I like his fire during gametime, and I think he's gonna do it, and prove alot of people wrong.

This is what a fan wants to believe. I am a fan. Go Matt Cassel

OnTheWarpath15
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Of course he's going to get better.

It's almost impossible for him to get worse, and he's going to be playing in an offense that masks his deficiencies.

Being "better" isn't good enough.

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM

RIGHT....... ROFL :spock: ROFL

chiefs1111
04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I will like Matt Cassel if he ever wins a playoff game.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
There's a better chance that Charlie Weis eats Cassel than anyone eating their words about him.

el borracho
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM

eeryone who shits there, talk and eat come this season! Cassel!!!!!

BossChief
04-07-2010, 09:31 PM
If someone can give 5 LEGITIMATE reasons of why they like Mr Cassel and feel he will turn out a good value for what we gave up for him (even in a vacuum type situation) I will give them 10k in casino cash and rep em three times (I carry a big stick)

I am not trying to set you up, I genuinely want to know the opposing views on this topic because having half the polled people say yes means there is something these guys saw that I didnt and that I may have blinders on with him because I admittedly NEVER wanted him in the first place.

TBH I see a player that showed absolutely NOTHING that pointed to him being a guy we could win the big one with one day. NOTHING. But I want to hear why people disagree.

If you want to earn some stripes and take a chance on something, have some balls and voice your opinion on this topic, you obviously aren't alone here.

Half of the people polled vote for Cassel but none of you have the balls to say why?

time to stand up

Mecca
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
5 reasons?

Dude I'm not sure there's 1.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
What exactly do people like about him?

His jersey color, primarily.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
His jersey color, primarily.

Yeah. People are choosing to be optimistic. I don't have a problem with that.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
That's all it is, on this very forum maybe 10% of people wanted him before that trade went down and as soon as it happened nearly everyone switched.

If you stuck with your original opinion that he sucked and you didn't want him you were ridiculed for being a "bad fan".

BossChief
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Guys can we be in agreement that we ALL want to hear the response to that request?

Ill ask that some of us refrain from blasting away if someone responds with their genuine thoughts.

please

If your list of 5 things are better than I expect I will pay far more that what I posted!

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
If someone can give 5 LEGITIMATE reasons of why they like Mr Cassel and feel he will turn out a good value for what we gave up for him (even in a vacuum type situation) I will give them 10k in casino cash and rep em three times (I carry a big stick)

I am not trying to set you up, I genuinely want to know the opposing views on this topic because having half the polled people say yes means there is something these guys saw that I didnt and that I may have blinders on with him because I admittedly NEVER wanted him in the first place.

TBH I see a player that showed absolutely NOTHING that pointed to him being a guy we could win the big one with one day. NOTHING. But I want to hear why people disagree.

If you want to earn some stripes and take a chance on something, have some balls and voice your opinion on this topic, you obviously aren't alone here.

Half of the people polled vote for Cassel but none of you have the balls to say why?

time to stand up

1 He's tough as hell
2. He usually always takes the blame
3. The skill position players respect him and compliment him
4. He plays well at the end of close games
5. He is still optimistic after playing behind the worst o-line in the history of this organization.

Rexx
04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Just voted on this poll and saw it is exactly 50-50. I guess we will know what the Chiefs brass thinks on this in a few weeks! I would take Claussen just in case Cassel continues to suck.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Question, how is saying you had no mental errors when you threw 4 picks taking the blame?

ChiefsCountry
Question, how is saying you had no mental errors when you threw 4 picks taking the blame?

Don't forget telling the fans to fuck off when they were booing him.

tonyetony
BTW those are all intangibles.

KC2004
04-07-2010, 09:52 PM

time to stand up

Im not saying I saw a damn thing i said im tired of the overwhelming bitching that goes on about one players. Its the entire fucking team you dumbasses.

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I remember bitching about Trent Green after his first year with us and then I got tired of the way my foot tasted three years later.

Bugeater
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Im not saying I saw a damn thing i said im tired of the overwhelming bitching that goes on about one players. Its the entire ****ing team you dumbasses.
So when we get more talented players around him his accuracy is going to improve?

And you're calling the rest of us dumbasses. :shake:

Mecca
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Trent Green is not a valid defense for Matt Cassel I'm sorry.

I'd like to hear about what Cassel has shown that makes him the guy, going to "hey Green sucked too" doesn't tell me shit about Cassel.

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I like him.

milkman
04-07-2010, 10:03 PM
1 He's tough as hell
5. He is still optimistic after playing behind the worst o-line in the history of this organization.

Credit for the tough as nails, but the rest, I don't believe have nay merit.

Unless you have TO, teammates are going to stand up for the QB, whether they like his ability or not.

He plays well at the end of close games?
Huh?

Of course he's optimistic, he's finally starting after spending 8 years as a backup in both college and the pros.
Who the hell wouldn't be?

alanm
04-07-2010, 10:03 PM
22 year old have potentials, 28 year olds are suppose to have peaked.I'm going to give him more than one year. In the meantime he's still got my support. This whole scenario reminds me of after Greens first year.

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm going to give him more than one year. In the meantime he's still got my support. This whole scenario reminds me of after Greens first year.

Yup

MadMax
04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I remember bitching about Trent Green after his first year with us and then I got tired of the way my foot tasted three years later.

I'm guessing pepperoni?

Mecca
04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Matt Cassel is going to cost us a top 5 QB in back to back drafts....ponder that.

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Trent Green is not a valid defense for Matt Cassel I'm sorry.

I'd like to hear about what Cassel has shown that makes him the guy, going to "hey Green sucked too" doesn't tell me shit about Cassel.

It seems to me I was making the same arguments against Green after his first season that I'm hearing people make towards Cassell now. We'll see if history is the best teacher. I saw less in Green after his first season as Chief than Cassel. I guess most people don't see any room for improvement, I do. Give him one season behind a real NFL O-line and he might win 11 games.

BossChief
04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
1 He's tough as hell

While I really only agree with #4 (and even that is an opinion), I HIGHLY respect you coming out and standing up and voicing your opinion in an sea of sharks!

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
While I really only agree with #4 (and even that is an opinion), I HIGHLY respect you coming out and standing up and voicing your opinion in an sea of sharks!
Sharks? What are the armchair experts going to do except for be angry and create Mock's until they get ulcers.

I am looking forward to the draft. Maybe Mecca will melt down and take another one of his breaks.

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Matt Cassel is going to cost us a top 5 QB in back to back drafts....ponder that.

Sanchez is a top 5 QB......really?

MadMax
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM

sickening!!!!:Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin: Welcome to the new regime.

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Sanchez is a top 5 QB......really?

I think he meant top 5 draft pick.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Top 5 draft pick, I'm pretty sure that wasn't hard to understand.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Sharks? What are the armchair experts going to do except for be angry and create Mock's until they get ulcers.

I am looking forward to the draft. Maybe Mecca will melt down and take another one of his breaks.

Cool, root for the team to fuckup cause you don't like me, makes a ton of sense.

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Once again, does anyone HONESTLY think that Cassel can take us to the promise land?

If not, draft a QB every year until you hit paydirt.

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I think he meant top 5 draft pick.

So Sanchez is a Manning, Elway top 5 in the draft QB....never, and I'll take any bets on his career stats versus either of those guys.

tonyetony
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Once again, does anyone HONESTLY think that Cassel can take us to the promise land?

Sure that's what the Ravens did....remember Dilfer? Sorry I'll take Berry if we get the chance.

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
So Sanchez is a Manning, Elway top 5 in the draft QB....never, and I'll take any bets on his career stats versus either of those guys.

Your post doesn't make much sense, maybe I am mis-reading it.

BUT

Who gives a flying fuck about stats?

KCrockaholic
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
He's not a bad guy, but as a QB he's got work to do. He's not my favorite QB in the NFL, but I can't say I don't like him.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM

Uh what are you arguing here all 3 of those guys were top 5 picks.

That was my premise because of Matt Cassel we are going to pass on a QB in the top 5 twice.

Is reading comprehension difficult?

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Sure that's what the Ravens did....remember Dilfer? Sorry I'll take Berry if we get the chance.

Damnit, if you havn't noticed, the NFL has changed a weeeeee bit since the Ravens won the SB.

The officating and rules are geared toward offense now, so your ball-control QB argument with amazing defense is pretty much ****ed.

BossChief
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
People hated Green because he took too many shots trying to keep us in games and forced a lot of passes. We would be down two scores and Green would throw a pick trying to complete a deep ball to get us back in the game. Cassel throws dump off passes on third and 10 that are incomplete because of serious accuracy issues.

Cassel wants to protect the ball so much, he is scared to take those shots.

Green learned from his mistakes, Cassel seems afraid to make them.

I HOPE Cassel becomes the guy that half of us HOPE he can be, but I am very doubtful that ever happens and that we will look back at these drafts ten years from now and see that Sanchez AND Clausen have both won championships and we are still looking for a quarterback and Cassel is a backup for another team or out of the league.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Cassel basically plays like if he fucks up he'll get benched so he doesn't take chances.

And it's apparent he was coached to take sacks.

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
With the NFL pretty much giving the offense every benefit, Cassel should be putting up a better QB rating (since you love stats). His fucking sucks, even with todays benefits.

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't like Cassel.

But I am eager to see how he does this season. He got worse as the season progressed and as the running game and offensive line got better. I cannot explain how that's possible. But I'll give him 1 more season before I call for his head, it's only fair.

Bugeater
04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
:rolleyes: I always love it when someone points out the exception and acts like it's the rule.

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
:rolleyes: I always love it when someone points out the exception and acts like it's the rule.

This.

That argument absolutely no fucking sense.

BossChief
04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Cassel basically plays like if he fucks up he'll get benched so he doesn't take chances.

And it's apparent he was coached to take sacks.

that was the case last year too.

Chris Collinsworth used to mention it all the time during game.

It is because he naturally takes his eyes off his receivers when the first and second options are covered, it was used THEN to help him keep his eyes downfield the longer the play went.

Its a shame to see it still be an issue this year. Toward the end of the year he did start to take more shots and took less sacks, but that just led to more turnovers because his interceptions went up significantly.

I CAN LIVE WITH THE INTERCEPTIONS!

Its like coaching a player that had NEVER played the position before.

Hold on...

notorious
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Its like coaching a player that had NEVER played the position before.

Hold on...

Get outta here!

He just needs more time since he hasn't played the position very much. /truefan

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Cool, root for the team to ****up cause you don't like me, makes a ton of sense.

Not rooting for that in the least.

I enjoy Chiefs games.

You wouldn't know anything about that.

Sure-Oz
04-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I have no problem with him personally, i just dont like him currently as our 'franchise' QB

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Not rooting for that in the least.

I enjoy Chiefs games.

You wouldn't know anything about that.

Specious bullshit.

KCrockaholic
04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm actually quite surprised how split it is...This turned out to be a pretty good thread.

DaneMcCloud
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm actually quite surprised how split it is...This turned out to be a pretty good thread.

With the exception of Bwana, I pretty much could have told you who sided with Cassel.

Same goes for no Cassel.

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Specious bullshit.

From the guy who was cursing and bitching while his baseball team was winning a World Series.

You guys don't don't know what to do with yourself if you aren't making mock drafts or bitching about your teams.

Seriously...a championship...as good as it gets and you were still bleeding all day and night. Reaper16...love the guy...great poster...as are you. His college football team won a National Championship and he still drones on about how sports makes him unhappy and how he is cursed and this and that.

No biggie though. I enjoy the games.

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 11:41 PM

Thank God. Sanchez isn't going to amount to shit.

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 11:43 PM

This makes no sense at all. Each QB gets one year, and if they don't light the world on fire, they're out?

Mecca
04-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I enjoy how Zach gives us the we are bad fans spiel when he decides to post.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
From the guy who was cursing and bitching while his baseball team was winning a World Series.

You guys don't don't know what to do with yourself if you aren't making mock drafts or bitching about your teams.

When you are in a 7 game playoff series and every game is do or die, you die with every ebb and flow of the game.

When you win, you celebrate and revel in it.

Again more ridiculous tripe.

You've basically turned into Hootie lately. Targeting certain posters for disdain (like your dumbfuck commented directed towards OTW when he was praising the Mizzou season) just when you see a post of theirs, regardless of the non-sequiturs you have to draw to get there.

We get it. You think you're above all this, it's plainly apparent in your posting style, and you constantly come off as a hipster douchebag in every one of these exchanges.

So, again, troll some more KU threads while you simultaneously bitch about others being miserable fans, you fucking hypocrite.

DaneMcCloud
04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Thank God. Sanchez isn't going to amount to shit.

Does is hurt to be this fucking stupid?

Because from where I sit, it fucking hurts to read your idiotic, uninformed, retarded posts.

And you should change your stupid, fucking user name.

How about, JumpOffaLedge?

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 11:47 PM
I enjoy how Zach gives us the we are bad fans spiel when he decides to post.

Has nothing to do with your fandom. I don't care about your loyalty.

I just think it is funny you guys pretend to enjoy sports.

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Does is hurt to be this fucking stupid?

Because from where I sit, it fucking hurts to read your idiotic, uninformed, retarded posts.

And you should change your stupid, fucking user name.

How about, JumpOffaLedge?

What did Sanchez prove?

He was worse than Cassel in pretty much every statistic, but he had the support of the #1 run game and the #1 defense.

DaneMcCloud
04-07-2010, 11:51 PM
What did Sanchez prove?

He was worse than Cassel in pretty much every statistic, but he had the support of the #1 run game and the #1 defense.

You're fucking stupid.

He "proved" that despite a few bad games as a rookie, the "Stage" wasn't too big for him.

He "proved" that even though he struggled, he didn't take it to heart, came back and fought on.

He "proved" that he would someday very soon be an extremely high level QB in this league.

He "proved" he could play absolutely lights out in the playoffs, winning two straight on the road.

All you've proved is that you're a fucking moron with an even more moronic user name.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Has nothing to do with your fandom. I don't care about your loyalty.

I just think it is funny you guys pretend to enjoy sports.

You aren't Freud. You aren't Karl Jung. You aren't Jacques Lacan.

Your dimestore philosophy is completely vapid.

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Hammas on his quest to defend the honor of his brother in Mock OTW...again.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1128iz8.jpg

The internet and this message board is based on people being able to say (pretty much) what they like. Which is great. Lets just not act like how 'good or bad' the Chiefs actually are has any correlation to you guys bitching.

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
You're fucking stupid.

He "proved" that despite a few bad games as a rookie, the "Stage" wasn't too big for him.

He "proved" that even though he struggled, he didn't take it to heart, came back and fought on.

He "proved" that he would someday very soon be an extremely high level QB in this league.

He "proved" he could play absolutely lights out in the playoffs, winning two straight on the road.

All you've proved is that you're a fucking moron with an even more moronic user name.

The "Stage" wasn't too big when he threw 20 picks to 12 TDs?

How did he prove that he would someday very soon be an extremely high level QB in this league? That's just conjecture on your part. Nice try, though.

He looked pretty good against Cincinatti, pretty bad against San Diego, and lost to the Colts. Again, this is with the top running game and best defense. That's hardly "lights out".

So, in essence, he proved nothing.

You proved that you think saying fuck somehow accentuates what you say, and that I really give a shit what my user name is.

Next time, please try to back up your conjecture with actual stats.

Mecca
04-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Comparing a 28 year old QB to a 22 year old rookie QB and going "look Cassel was a little bit better"

Is pretty fucking funny.

|Zach|
04-07-2010, 11:57 PM
You aren't Freud. You aren't Karl Jung. You aren't Jacques Lacan.

Your dimestore philosophy is completely vapid.

I follow the philosophy stylings of John Matrix.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Yup, because clearly the streets were awash in blood during the 2008 Draft. Everyone bitching up a storm just to bitch. The usual suspects as well.

Why don't you hate bate to people who follow the draft a little more? Up the ante, grab a belt and loop it around a shower stall.

Just don't forget to have a spotter and set the f-stop so that you get some awesome action shots.

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Comparing a 28 year old QB to a 22 year old rookie QB and going "look Cassel was a little bit better"

Is pretty fucking funny.

The point is Sanchez sucked balls. He would have been much worse than Cassel on the Chiefs. How would that have helped this franchise at all?

DaneMcCloud
04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
The "Stage" wasn't too big when he threw 20 picks to 12 TDs?

How did he prove that he would someday very soon be an extremely high level QB in this league? That's just conjecture on your part. Nice try, though.

He looked pretty good against Cincinatti, pretty bad against San Diego, and lost to the Colts. Again, this is with the top running game and best defense. That's hardly "lights out".

So, in essence, he proved nothing.

You proved that you think saying fuck somehow accentuates what you say, and that I really give a shit what my user name is.

Next time, please try to back up your conjecture with actual stats.

Stats?

Well, how about dropped passes? Everyone around here makes excuses for Cassel, what about Braylon Edwards?

How about the FACT THAT SANCHEZ IMPROVED IN THE PLAYOFFS, as opposed to Matt Cassel's fucking NOSEDIVE in December?

Fuck you, fuck your mother, then fuck yourself with a fucking garden hose, DouchTwat.

You don't know jack fucking shit because you didn't see a fucking game.

Thig Lyfe
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Like... as a friend...

|Zach|
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Like... as a friend...

LMAO

kcchiefdan
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
To all of you MC bashers, you will be pleasantly surprised this year! Why is it that everyone who knows him from G.M. to coaching has a hard on about him. They obviously know something that all of you experts out there don't know.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2010, 12:03 AM
I follow the philosophy stylings of John Matrix.

Take off the pumas, put down your messenger bag, and pour out the PBR.

No one who posts video reactions of Mizzou fans reacting to a KU football loss in a sports bar as a way to gain happiness by vicariously living through the misery of others has any authority on claiming what others find enjoyable from sports, nor is he anything but a miserable cocksucker himself.

|Zach|
I'm not convinced MC is our guy. If we bring someone in that is better than him fine. Whatever makes our team better I am all about. However, I am fine with giving him another year.

DaneMcCloud
The point is Sanchez sucked balls. He would have been much worse than Cassel on the Chiefs. How would that have helped this franchise at all?

The point is that you fucking "suck balls" and have NO FUCKING CLUE about how teams are built AND you're a fucking moron to expect a rookie QB to lead a shitty fucking team like the Chiefs in year one.

easymobee
I like Cassell A LOT and I would hope that the Chiefs give him at least the length of his contract to really fully realize his potential.

How quickly it is forgotten that certain QBs were recently locked into a competition with Matt Gutizzzzz???(SP) for the 3rd QB spot on an NFL franchise. That's not even carrying the primary clipboard, the backup clipboard. Comes in for Brady, beats some team and the rest is history.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
To all of you MC bashers, you will be pleasantly surprised this year! Why is it that everyone who knows him from G.M. to coaching has a hard on about him. They obviously know something that all of you experts out there don't know.

"He's on the team".

Sounds like priapism to me.

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Stats?

Well, how about dropped passes? Everyone around here makes excuses for Cassel, what about Braylon Edwards?

How about the FACT THAT SANCHEZ IMPROVED IN THE PLAYOFFS, as opposed to Matt Cassel's fucking NOSEDIVE in December?

Fuck you, fuck your mother, then fuck yourself with a fucking garden hose, DouchTwat.

You don't know jack fucking shit because you didn't see a fucking game.

You don't want to bring drops into it. The Chiefs led the league in drops.

Again, saying fuck a lot doesn't really prove a point, other than that you really don't have a worthwhile response.

I wonder how anything I said would lead you to believe I didn't watch a game. Yes, I heard Ron Jaworski say that Sanchez would be special. If that's what you're basing your case on, I guess I really can't argue with you.

DaneMcCloud
04-08-2010, 12:05 AM

LMAO

Let us know how it feels to have a Lexington Steele type dildo up your ass after this season.

Okay?

DaneMcCloud
04-08-2010, 12:06 AM
You don't want to bring drops into it. The Chiefs led the league in drops.

Again, saying fuck a lot doesn't really prove a point, other than that you really don't have a worthwhile response.

I wonder how anything I said would lead you to believe I didn't watch a game. Yes, I heard Ron Jaworski say that Sanchez would be special. If that's what you're basing your case on, I guess I really can't argue with you.

So, here we have yet ANOTHER fucking douchtard that didn't watch the Jets this season comment on Mark Sanchez.

Wow, I'm REALLY FUCKING SURPRISED.

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 12:06 AM
The point is that you fucking "suck balls" and have NO FUCKING CLUE about how teams are built AND you're a fucking moron to expect a rookie QB to lead a shitty fucking team like the Chiefs in year one.

But you're expecting a QB who started one season (a successful season at that) to lead a shitty fucking team like the Chiefs.

Maybe Cassel isn't the answer, and I'll gladly admit that after this season. It's not unreasonable to give the guy one more year. It's also unreasonable to think the Chiefs might actually draft a QB early this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2010, 12:08 AM
"Lead" is a malleable phrase.

How about, the 28 year old guy in his 5th year getting paid 60 million dollars shouldn't rank 44/46 QBs and still be considered a solution.

How about that one?

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
So, here we have yet ANOTHER fucking douchtard that didn't watch the Jets this season comment on Mark Sanchez.

Wow, I'm REALLY FUCKING SURPRISED.

Again, I don't understand how anything I said could be construed as me not watching the Jets. I did watch a few of the Jets games. Not all of them because I'm not a Jets fan (which is why I'm on CHIEFSplanet).

I watched Sanchez take a shit ton of gambles. Early in the season, they paid off. Call it luck or whatever. It wasn't because he was God's gift to wide receivers. That shit caught up with him and it shows in his stats.

Again, you've brought nothing to this argument but repeatedly saying I don't watch Jets games. I think you just like to argue, Dane.

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
"Lead" is a malleable phrase.

How about, the 28 year old guy in his 5th year getting paid 60 million dollars shouldn't rank 44/46 QBs and still be considered a solution.

How about that one?

Sanchez would have ranked 46/46. Probably would have lost a lot of confidence, as Cassel did. I don't see how that's a solution.

easymobee
04-08-2010, 12:11 AM
The Chiefs have made a rock solid reputation of taking other teams backups or retreads to be QB.

Backups: Bono, Grbac, Gannon, Cassell, and Deberg etc ....
Retreads: Moon, Krieg, Montana, Deberg (again . Great season though)

Once upon a time they took a combo backup slash retread named Trent Green and that worked out ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
The Chiefs have made a rock solid reputation of taking other teams backups or retreads to be QB.

Backups: Bono, Grbac, Gannon, Cassell, and Deberg etc ....
Retreads: Moon, Krieg, Montana, Deberg (again . Great season though)

Once upon a time they took a combo backup slash retread named Trent Green and that worked out ok.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well yeah, it worked out ok if your goal is two playoff appearances in six years both resulting in losses.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Sanchez would have ranked 46/46. Probably would have lost a lot of confidence, as Cassel did. I don't see how that's a solution.

Sanchez shouldn't start for a team like the 2009 Chiefs, and no one has ever made the argument that he would. To bring it up is completely intellectually dishonest, not to mention stupid.

However, a guy that is 27 years old with 15 starts under his belt at the NFL level, who has "adjusted" to the speed of the game should have no problem starting and out performing Craig Nall, Josh Johnson, Kyle Boller, Shaun Hill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and other luminaries. Alas, it was not to be.

To be mediocre to subpar is acceptable given the cast of characters he worked with. To regress when you had the hottest RB in the league, better protection, and more understanding and comfort with the offense is inexcusable. To finish worse than every other QB save for a rookie starting for a team that went 0-16 (Stafford) and Ja-Fatcus (who he lost to, BTW), is inexcusable.

beach tribe
04-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Not only no....but fucking no.

My planned setting for the draft is gonna be awesome.
Too bad it's gonna be ruined when we pass on Clausen.
And if we pass on Berry too, i'm gonnacget kicked outbid the joint I'm gonna
be in for ripping down the projecter screen.
I've been standing up for Pioli, but if he fucks this up, I'm going
to devastated at the thought of a just not good enoug team that he's going to build, and the playoff losses that I expect we will have to endure for the next however long he keeps his office.
Buuuuuut if he comes out of this draft with the talent that is just all over this draft, I believe we are going to be kicking ass very soon, and have the foundation ( built through the draft ) to keep us contending for a while.
C' mon Pioli. Give us some hope!

beach tribe
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Well yeah, it worked out ok if your goal is two playoff appearances in six years both resulting in losses.

I'm pretty drunk, and getting just pissed at the thought of these guys passing on Clausen.
It is a dream scenario. I don't think any player in history has enjoyed the benefits he will have coming into this league. Weis could do wonders for his career.

MMXcalibur
04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I think he should get one more year and I don't think he's the worst quarterback, but that doesn't mean he's god-tier either.

BigMeatballDave
04-08-2010, 01:09 AM
LMAO the fucking yes votes are winning? Wtf?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-08-2010, 01:18 AM
I like him quite a bit as a person. I don't see him as dumb by any means, and he doesn't make me stare daggers like Thigpen. I just wish he was a better football player.

suds79
04-08-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm not really much of a fan.

Seems like just about every excuse in the book was thrown out there for his play. I guess the take away was that it was pretty much everybody elses fault why he played bad.

So at this point I have to say no. Just missed to many open guys when he had plenty of time to throw. I seriously question his accuracy.

For the good of the team I hope I'm wrong.

Bwana
04-08-2010, 07:08 AM
If we have a solid OL, we will have an answer. I'm willing to give him at least the first half of this season to find out what we have. If he looks like he did last year, I will be on the "give him the boot" bandwagon, but right now I say, give him a little more time.

Fritz88
04-08-2010, 07:18 AM
I hit yes by a mistake.

My answer is no. But I am willing to give him another year.

Reerun_KC
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
LMAO the ****ing yes votes are winning? Wtf?
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont care either way about the guy, but I voted "yes" just to pour more fuel on the fire....;)

TRR
04-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I believe the Cassel love/hate has been discussed to death. But I will chime in because its a Cassel thread.

Those that like him believe he had a lot of cards stacked against, and that his play in 08 with competent players and system around him, is more indicative of his up-side/ability. Furthermore the Cassel lovers feel that although Charles emerged, his WR's never did and his release sped up which allowed the line to look better late.

Those that hate him speak of his accuracy on deep balls and in general, his lack of arm strength, and pocket presence. Futhermore, the Cassel haters also mentions that the OLine supposedly got better at the end of the year as did his running game, but Cassel got worse.

The bottom line to me is that its really too early to tell. And nobody knows for sure. Both sides have very good arguments, and have answers for every rebuttal.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I believe the Cassel love/hate has been discussed to death. But I will chime in because its a Cassel thread. Those that like him believe he had a lot of cards stacked against, and that his play in 08 with competent players and system around him, is more indicative of his up-side/ability. Furthermore the Cassel lovers feel that although Charles emerged, his WR's never did and his release sped up which allowed the line to look better.

Those that hate him speak of his accuracy on deep balls and in general, his lack of arm strength, and pocket presence. Futhermore, the Cassel haters also mentions that the OLine supposedly got better at the end of the year as did his running game, but Cassel got worse.

The bottom line to me is that its really too early to tell. And nobody knows for sure. Both sides have very good arguments, and have answers for every rebuttal.
Posted via Mobile Device

The main issue as I see it is that the problems he had last year also reared their ugly head in New England.

At 28 years old, it's a trend that may not be reversing anytime soon.

dirk digler
04-08-2010, 07:40 AM
At 28 years old, it's a trend that may not be reversing anytime soon.

Are you talking about your sex life? :)

Hammock Parties
04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Are you talking about your sex life? :)

Unlike Matt Cassel, I still have the option to start sucking.

dirk digler
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Unlike Matt Cassel, I still have the option to start sucking.

My bad I thought you already did :D

greg63
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes.

Reaper16
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Take off the pumas, put down your messenger bag, and pour out the PBR.

HEY there ain't shit about Pumas that makes them "hipster." Not the classic Puma silhouettes (Clyde, Suede, Basket, etc) anyway.

I like Zach quite a bit but I think Zach has a bigger complex than we do -- he loves to tell people that they aren't being a positive enough fan. It seems he takes every opportunity to do so lately. He's so sensitive to it that he'll make shit up, like earlier in the thread where he claimed that I continue to go on and on about how I'm cursed. I don't think I've made any such post since before December of 2009. I DID make a hyperbolic Twitter/Facebook post about how the ending to the Butler/Duke game made me feel bad because Duke winning after all of that is a story devoid of joy.

If you're wondering, yes, he did call me out on Twitter and assert his implicit superiority as a sports fan.

King_Chief_Fan
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't see any reason not to like him.

do I like his ability to be QBOTF for this team...nope
do I think he gets his chance this year and then we see if we can write him off.....yes.

An o coordintor, qb coach, WR's not dropping passes, better O line mght make a difference for him....time will tell.

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 08:38 AM
What the hell?!? Are we in Junior High? Do you LIKE Matt Cassel?!?!?

Check box for YES
Check box for NO
Check box for MAYBE

Funny topic...

Fish
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
If we have a solid OL, we will have an answer. I'm willing to give him at least the first half of this season to find out what we have. If he looks like he did last year, I will be on the "give him the boot" bandwagon, but right now I say, give him a little more time.

I understand that line of thinking. But have you considered what may happen if we stick with Cassel, and he doesn't improve, but the rest of the team does, and we're no longer in a position to draft a good QB?

My biggest fear is that we stick with Cassel, and win 7 or 8 games despite him. Then we're out of the running for drafting a top QB prospect in the top 10. And we're back to signing retread journeymen QBs and riding the mediocrity train.

Our opportunity for having a top 5 overall draft pick, and having a good potential QBOTF available that would work well for our franchise, will likely never be as opportune as it is this year. We have the perfect scenario sitting right in front of us. A young QB who has all the physical qualities, has a long history with our OC, has played in a pro system and can make all the necessary reads, and who has been predicted by many to be the most NFL ready. It's very unlikely that we'll be in this ideal of a situation again for a long long time. And we're risking all that on a QB ranked 44/46 in the league.

OnTheWarpath15
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I understand that line of thinking. But have you considered what may happen if we stick with Cassel, and he doesn't improve, but the rest of the team does, and we're no longer in a position to draft a good QB?

My biggest fear is that we stick with Cassel, and win 7 or 8 games despite him. Then we're out of the running for drafting a top QB prospect in the top 10. And we're back to signing retread journeymen QBs and riding the mediocrity train.

Our opportunity for having a top 5 overall draft pick, and having a good potential QBOTF available that would work well for our franchise, will likely never be as opportune as it is this year. We have the perfect scenario sitting right in front of us. A young QB who has all the physical qualities, has a long history with our OC, has played in a pro system and can make all the necessary reads, and who has been predicted by many to be the most NFL ready. It's very unlikely that we'll be in this ideal of a situation again for a long long time. And we're risking all that on a QB ranked 44/46 in the league.

Rep.

Coogs
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM

:bravo:

MoreLemonPledge
04-08-2010, 09:13 AM

You don't need to draft a QB in the top 5 for him to be successful. In fact, I'd argue that the chances are just as good, if not better, that you'll hit on a QB in the middle-late rounds of the first.

Bane
04-08-2010, 09:14 AM

:wayne:
rep

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Yeah...but I'm not so sure the second best QB in this draft is any better that the several of the QB's in next year's draft. Where do you think we'll be drafting next year anyway? Surely you don't think we'll be past 15?!? If there are 3-4 solid QB's next year, it's doubtful that one wouldn't fall to us.

Coogs
04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
You don't need to draft a QB in the top 5 for him to be successful. In fact, I'd argue that the chances are just as good, if not better, that you'll hit on a QB in the middle-late rounds of the first.

:shake:

Coogs
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah...but I'm not so sure the second best QB in this draft is any better that the several of the QB's in next year's draft. Where do you think we'll be drafting next year anyway? Surely you don't think we'll be past 15?!? If there are 3-4 solid QB's next year, it's doubtful that one wouldn't fall to us.

But none of next years QB's will have 3 years of quality time with our OC already in hand. Next years QB's will have to be evaluated off of scouting, vidio-tape, and coaches recomandations.

This is the ideal year... if our OC is standing on the table screaming for us to go QB at #5 to listen and follow his advise.

Bane
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Very possible,but this is a team that has passed time and time again on a possible QBOTF.So to be sitting in such a "prime" position just has many of us pissed off for watching all the QB's we've passed on become really great players as we struggle to filter through other teams cast offs for a QB.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:23 AM
But none of next years QB's will have 3 years of quality time with our OC already in hand. Next years QB's will have to be evaluated off of scouting, vidio-tape, and coaches recomandations.

This is the ideal year... if our OC is standing on the table screaming for us to go QB at #5 to listen and follow his advise.

On top of that we've got the cap room to keep Cassel plus a top 5 pick at QB for years.

We have the luxury of being a bazillion under the cap and cover our bases at the position, just in case...

Coogs
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
On top of that we've got the cap room to keep Cassel plus a top 5 pick at QB for years.

We have the luxury of being a bazillion under the cap and cover our bases at the position, just in case...

A few years back, the Packers had Favre and a lot of holes on their team. They didn't fill the holes in the first round. Instead they drafted a QB who very well could be on track to be the best QB in the business pretty soon. And they did it in the first round. They filled the holes on the team later on. That plan will work.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2010, 09:27 AM

This team is a long way off from being able to win 7 or 8 games despite the QB. The team has very little talent and just patched up some spots with older guys who have 1 or 2 years max left in them.

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:27 AM

I don't put much stock in this. Weis could be just as biased w/ blinders as he is informed from being his coach. To me this could be just as much a blind spot as an advantage.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
A few years back, the Packers had Favre and a lot of holes on their team. They didn't fill the holes in the first round. Instead they drafted a QB who very well could be on track to be the best QB in the business pretty soon. And they did it in the first round. They filled the holes on the team later on. That plan will work.

Remember Herm flirting with Matt Ryan?

How far along this rebuild would we be had we taken him instead even though we thought we had bigger needs?...

Chiefnj2
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM

So, you want to move up into the 20s and grab Colt McCoy?

Bane
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
This team is a long way off from being able to win 7 or 8 games despite the QB. The team has very little talent and just patched up some spots with older guys who have 1 or 2 years max left in them.

Really? Uh didn't we finish better than we started even though Cassel played worse as the year went on? Yeah......Winning despite of Cassel is exactly what this team did down the stretch.

Cassel ball washing FAIL.....

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't put much stock in this. Weis could be just as biased w/ blinders as he is informed from being his coach. To me this could be just as much a blind spot as an advantage.

Perhaps.

But if you're going to argue that it's worth drafting a friggen HB or LT at 5 because we aren't sold there then there's just as legit an argument at QB...

DeezNutz
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Nonsense.

They should win 7-8 games this season. There are no longer any excuses.

OnTheWarpath15
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM

If they don't win 7 games with this schedule, they all deserve to be fired.

Hamas makes a solid point:

Here's the problem:

Next year, we play teams with the following draft positions:

#1, #6, #7, #8 (twice), #9, #10, #13, #14 (twice), #16

11/16 games will be played against teams that finished in the bottom half of the league.

Another will be played against the Arizona Cardinals, who are probably a 5 win team w/o Boldin, Dansby, and Warner.
Tennessee might be a playoff contender. None of those other teams will, save for one of the NFC W teams just b/c someone has to win the division.

Basically, 3/4 of our games will be played against shitiful opponents. As such, we'll scrape together 7-8 wins and people will commend Pioli for doubling the win total (just like they did this year, for some fucktarded reason), all the while ignoring the fact that we are building a highway to a Super Bowl with a bigger gap in it (Cassel) than the bus in Speed had to jump over.

talastan
04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I like Cassel well enough, he seems like a great guy and a good team player. As for franchise starting QB; his first full season hasn't shown me he is the guy. At least not enough to justify passing on a potential franchise QB in Clausen at #5, when our OC has been coaching and scouting the guy for the past three years.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Really? Uh didn't we finish better than we started even though Cassel played worse as the year went on? Yeah......Winning despite of Cassel is exactly what this team did down the stretch.

Cassel ball washing FAIL.....

I'd argue our coaching (play calling, offensive and defensive coordinators) were every bit as pathetic last year as they were under Herm.

Just having legit coordinators who (both of them) can get average talent to overachieve is a huge boost.

How many more games could we have won if we would have used Charles like Kevin Faulk at the start of the season instead of banging LJ into the back of lineman? If we had started our running more and throwing less? If we didn't rotate WR's every week making it even more difficult for Cassel to find a comfort zone?

If healthy this team is definitely able to win 6-8 games...

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Perhaps.

But if you're going to argue that it's worth drafting a friggen HB or LT at 5 because we aren't sold there then there's just as legit an argument at QB...

Who's arguing for a HB at 5? Read my post, idiot. I said I would only do that if we traded down and received decent value in a trade for Charles. I want Berry at 5 and have been consistent on this for quite a while.

Tribal Warfare
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
The poll results are going full retard

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Perhaps.

And stop crossing your threads when the two have little to do with one another, scenario-wise.

Coogs
So, you want to move up into the 20s and grab Colt McCoy?

I'm not sure I follow you. Rodgers was ranked pretty high and started to slide. Clausen is ranked pretty high just like Rodgers was. Not sure if you can bank on Clausen sliding... even though there is some thinking he could. Not worth the risk IMO.

Bane
I'd argue our coaching (play calling, offensive and defensive coordinators) were every bit as pathetic last year as they were under Herm.

Just having legit coordinators who (both of them) can get average talent to overachieve is a huge boost.

How many more games could we have won if we would have used Charles like Kevin Faulk at the start of the season instead of banging LJ into the back of lineman? If we had started our running more and throwing less? If we didn't rotate WR's every week making it even more difficult for Cassel to find a comfort zone?

If healthy this team is definitely able to win 6-8 games...

I agree that we "should" win 6-8,but I don't think it will be because of Cassel.We'll more likely win 5 and he'll say he was error free in 4 int performances.

King_Chief_Fan
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I agree that we "should" win 6-8,but I don't think it will be because of Cassel.We'll more likely win 5 and he'll say he was error free in 4 int performances.

so would the losses be because of Cassel?

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Who's arguing for a HB at 5? Read my post, idiot. I said I would only do that if we traded down and received decent value in a trade for Charles. I want Berry at 5 and have been consistent on this for quite a while.

I didn't state that clearly.

I should have said "if the argument can be made."

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I didn't state that clearly.

I should have said "if the argument can be made."

Well see...I don't think an argument can be made for a RB at 5...and I only think an argument can be made at QB if he's the right guy. I simply am not on the Jimmy-boy bandwagon, regardless of what Weis thinks. If we're going to abandon the Cassel experiment, I'd rather have one of next year's guys....and yes, I think we'll be in a draft position to take one of those guys, even if we win 7-8 games.

Otter
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Gaz

Otis Day
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Matt Ryan went before we picked. Are you suggesting we should have traded up?

Remember Herm flirting with Matt Ryan?

How far along this rebuild would we be had we taken him instead even though we thought we had bigger needs?...

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Cassel clearly has a long way to go. He's still probably 2-3 years from his potential.

I'd love to have our back up plan in place should he fail/get injured, already coached in this offense...

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Even if we did, Herm wouldn't have known what to do with him.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 09:53 AM

We could have. Looking at that draft you could argue we should have.

Coogs
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM

I'm not going to try and speak for anyone else, but yes. Nevermind we lost a coin flip for that spot, and Herm was thrilled with the outcome.

dallaschiefsfan
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Cassel clearly has a long way to go. He's still probably 2-3 years from his potential.

I'd love to have our back up plan in place should he fail/get injured, already coached in this offense...

If all you're looking for is a backup plan, then a QB at #5 this year is the wrong answer. Just take a flyer on McCoy or a mid-round guy that might be more of a project for Weis. If you draft Jimmy, he better start no later than next year...and possibly this year. It's not like Cassel is Favre.

Bane
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Exactly.:thumb:

Otis Day
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't disagree, looking back, but at the time nearly everyone was ecstatic that Dorsey fell to us. Immediately after the draft almost no one would have changed anything.

We could have. Looking at that draft you could argue we should have.

The Franchise
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM

2-3 years from his potential? Fuck. If he was any good.....he'd be 28 and a top 15 QB. If we have to wait 2-3 years for him to be good.....we're fucked.

MOhillbilly
04-08-2010, 10:18 AM
cassel is a sack of shit. my daughter can throw a more accurate pass.

Fish
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Well I see that as a bigger gamble than just taking one this year. We're almost guaranteed to have an opportunity this year to get a QB that fits just about all of the criteria needed to be successful here. And yes, I could see us drafting around 15 next year, just from the easy schedule alone.

We've been of the mindset "Let's wait till next year to draft a real QB, surely there will be a good one then.." for 20 years. There will always be possible prospects next year. But none of those prospects will have the added bonus of working with our current OC all their career, and come from a pro system, and have all but a guarantee of being there when we pick.

And next year could put us in a situation of need at QB, instead of a possibility. Right now Cassel could improve. But if he doesn't and it's obvious he's not the answer, then QB will be a glaring need next year, and the whole league will be aware of that. That will take away any leverage we have with drafting. And if we're drafting outside of the top 10 like I suspect we will, that will hurt bigtime if everyone knows we're desperate for QB. Right now we have all the leverage, because we're not pigeonholed into needing the most important position on the field. I see that as the perfect opportunity. We have plenty of money, and no cap restraint. The situation couldn't be more ideal for taking a risk on a potential QBOTF.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 10:54 AM
If we're going to abandon the Cassel experiment, I'd rather have one of next year's guys....and yes, I think we'll be in a draft position to take one of those guys, even if we win 7-8 games.

It's not my favorite move (I still prefer a trade down if possible) but I can't say I'd be ecstatic about us throwing another top 10 pick into the D line either.

Rausch
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't disagree, looking back, but at the time nearly everyone was ecstatic that Dorsey fell to us. Immediately after the draft almost no one would have changed anything.

I was one of them.

At this point any time we draft a S or D lineman I want to throw something at the TV just because we've so consistently failed to find one worth a $3it.

DeezNutz
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Well I see that as a bigger gamble than just taking one this year. We're almost guaranteed to have an opportunity this year to get a QB that fits just about all of the criteria needed to be successful here. And yes, I could see us drafting around 15 next year, just from the easy schedule alone.

We've been of the mindset "Let's wait till next year to draft a real QB, surely there will be a good one then.." for 20 years. There will always be possible prospects next year. But none of those prospects will have the added bonus of working with our current OC all their career, and come from a pro system, and have all but a guarantee of being there when we pick.

And next year could put us in a situation of need at QB, instead of a possibility. Right now Cassel could improve. But if he doesn't and it's obvious he's not the answer, then QB will be a glaring need next year, and the whole league will be aware of that. That will take away any leverage we have with drafting. And if we're drafting outside of the top 10 like I suspect we will, that will hurt bigtime if everyone knows we're desperate for QB. Right now we have all the leverage, because we're not pigeonholed into needing the most important position on the field. I see that as the perfect opportunity. We have plenty of money, and no cap restraint. The situation couldn't be more ideal for taking a risk on a potential QBOTF.

I just want to point out the last couple of posts from Fish because we're sure to hear the mantra from True Fans that certain fans "just want a QB, any QB."

Never mind the cogent, analytical posts that have attempted to make the case.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Fuck.

No.