PDA

View Full Version : Are you amazed how many mockers don't want us to draft Berry?

CanadaKC
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
It's pretty obvious to me they want us to stink out the joint with our 5th pick. As Lombardi said yesterday, the top 5 players...Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Okung, and Berry are the ONLY BLUE CHIP prospects in this draft...yet we're supposedly the only team that's going to pass on such a great talent and go for other need...namely OT. When perception is everything, I'm pretty pissed these so-called draftnicks are almost trying to will Pioli and company to f#ck it up...so Berry WON'T be our guy. Just read their justifications for it...makes you want to :Lin:

The Franchise
04-09-2010, 03:11 PM
They don't know shit about our team.

Archie Bunker
04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Not really. It's a perfect storm the Chiefs secrecy, the Jackson pick last year, and a stat sheet filled with sacks that don't tell the hole story.

The mockers have no clue what the Pioli will do, so they see the sacks and throw us a lineman.

ToxSocks
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
The Media hates us. As a Chiefs fan, you should know this by now. I was watching NFLN's top ten TE's list last night.

They ranked TG as the 8th greatest TE in NFL history. Yeah, 8th. Their reasoning? He played for the Chiefs. I shit you not.

Fish
04-09-2010, 03:33 PM
They don't know shit about our team.

This.

They're grasping at straws and giving us the safest pick because they don't know the team, have no intention of knowing the team, and expect us to do stupid shit because we've sucked for decades.

Ebolapox
04-09-2010, 03:34 PM
tyson jackson.

Ming the Merciless
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Does that mean if we pass on Berry that you don't know the team?

Mecca
04-09-2010, 07:07 PM
It has nothing to do with them hating our team, they want to get the pick right.

CanadaKC
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
you're right to a certain degree Mecca...but I also believe a strong slant of anti-chief sentiment exists in the mocks..based on what I've seen. If I were to break it down further...I think the football fans out there, including mockers, jump on the big-market bandwagons and unconsciously kiss their collective feet, whereas teams such as the Chiefs, although a strong NFL market, get disrespected due to the huge sports media. ESPN and SI and such rarely give the Chiefs notice, but you will hear a lot about the Cowboys or the Patriots every other week....basically idolizing their old fans and, in the process, create new ones...purely out of extensive coverage. It's crap I know....but only the purists can differentiate this from the idiots out there who look to the media, mock or otherwise, as the word of the football gods.

Mecca
04-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Who are you reading mocks from?

If you're going to sites like NFLDC it has nothing to do with disrespect for the Chiefs...now they may think Pioli is a moron like the Walter site does, but all in all they want to get the pick right and if that means they give us a bad pick cause they think Pioli is stupid then they'll do that.

They just watched Pioli value the line so ridiculously in the past draft that they think he'll do that again.

Mr. Laz
04-09-2010, 07:53 PM
it's not any conspiracy to want us to suck ... they just don't know what the hell pioli is gonna do.

none of us do yet

milkman
04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
you're right to a certain degree Mecca...but I also believe a strong slant of anti-chief sentiment exists in the mocks..based on what I've seen. If I were to break it down further...I think the football fans out there, including mockers, jump on the big-market bandwagons and unconsciously kiss their collective feet, whereas teams such as the Chiefs, although a strong NFL market, get disrespected due to the huge sports media. ESPN and SI and such rarely give the Chiefs notice, but you will hear a lot about the Cowboys or the Patriots every other week....basically idolizing their old fans and, in the process, create new ones...purely out of extensive coverage. It's crap I know....but only the purists can differentiate this from the idiots out there who look to the media, mock or otherwise, as the word of the football gods.

The media doesn't hate the Chiefs.
They are simply irrelevant on a national level because they haven't done anything for 40 years.

RedThat
04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
The media doesn't hate the Chiefs.
They are simply irrelevant on a national level because they haven't done anything for 40 years.

And that's totally understandable.

RJ
04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
So some in the media are predicting the Chiefs organization to make bad/odd decisions come draft day?

I wonder what ever gave them that idea?

RedThat
04-10-2010, 11:14 AM
So some in the media are predicting the Chiefs organization to make bad/odd decisions come draft day?

Well, its the Chiefs and they've been known to make bad personnel decisions over the years. Im thinking they feel it'll be no different this time around.

milkman
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Tyson Jackson.

threebag
04-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe after all these mock drafts they go and have some mock sex

tk13
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Last year absolutely no one had Tyson Jackson going to the Chiefs until about a day or two before the draft. We spent 6 months looking at mock drafts and people arguing over these things and none of it was even close in the end.

Chiefshrink
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Last year absolutely no one had Tyson Jackson going to the Chiefs until about a day or two before the draft. We spent 6 months looking at mock drafts and people arguing over these things and none of it was even close in the end.

With that being said then look for the "mockers" to have Dan Williams going to the Chiefs a couple of days before the draft:thumb:

bowener
04-11-2010, 01:43 PM
How much do you think the FO will weigh in the fact that drafting a "boring" or "safe" pick over a (safe) and game changing player like Berry, will piss off and turnoff the fan base?

They are smart and have to realize that if you draft a ball hawking (hopefully next Ed Reed) type player who can turn around a game in one play will probably sell more tickets than drafting another fat fuck to play on either line. Right? They need to sell season tickets badly.

bowener
04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
It's pretty obvious to me they want us to stink out the joint with our 5th pick. As Lombardi said yesterday, the top 5 players...Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Okung, and Berry are the ONLY BLUE CHIP prospects in this draft...yet we're supposedly the only team that's going to pass on such a great talent and go for other need...namely OT. When perception is everything, I'm pretty pissed these so-called draftnicks are almost trying to will Pioli and company to f#ck it up...so Berry WON'T be our guy. Just read their justifications for it...makes you want to :Lin:

Out of curiosity, who is Berry's agent?

Mecca
04-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Chad Speck is his agent, that's Haynesworth's guy.

Ming the Merciless
04-11-2010, 02:38 PM
How much do you think the FO will weigh in the fact that drafting a "boring" or "safe" pick over a (safe) and game changing player like Berry, will piss off and turnoff the fan base?

Zero, since the only way to sell tickets is to win ball games. Winning is the only thing on their mind...If they feel their pick will be better to win ball games, then they will make that pick. When they start winning, the financial rewards will come along with it.

-King-
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
The majority of mockers have us taking Berry. http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Who has more influence on the draft picks , Haley or Pioli ? I would think a good GM ,if he had trust in his HC ,would let him make the picks, of course with discussion.

Just asking.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Who has more influence on the draft picks , Haley or Pioli ? I would think a good GM ,if he had trust in his HC ,would let him make the picks, of course with discussion.

Just asking.

To follow that thought , I would think it would be like this.

Pioli to Haley: We need to build the lines first. Let me know who you want.

CupidStunt
04-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Just asking.

The coach COACHES the team. The GM is the guy that gets the coach the players. Obviously the HC has input, but he doesn't spend all year scouting.

To follow that thought , I would think it would be like this.

Pioli to Haley: We need to build the lines first. Let me know who you want.

It's the other way around.

HC: Our lines are awful. I can't coach these turds up.

GM: I'll get you some good OL/DL.

bowener
04-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, its the Chiefs and they've been known to make bad personnel decisions over the years. Im thinking they feel it'll be no different this time around.

I think you might have missed some sarcasm there.

Mecca
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Letting coaches have say over picks gets you Dick Vermiels drafts.

Ming the Merciless
04-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Letting coaches have say over picks gets you Dick Vermiels drafts.

ROFL

and tears

:deevee: