Mr. Laz
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
1. DT Gerald McCoy
2. DT Ndamukong suh
3. QB sam bradford
4. OT russell okung
5. RB Cj Spiller
6. S earl thomas
7. OT trent williams (Big Rising - could end up at 4 with washington)
8. CB joe haden
9. S eric berry
10. DE/OLB jason pierre-paul
11. WR Dez bryant (falling - maturity)
12. DE Derrick Morgan
13. OT Bryan Bulaga (falling - mainly because Williams is rising)
14. DT Dan Williams
15. TE Jermaine Gresham
16. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
17. DE/OLB Sergio Kindle
18. LB rolando McClain
19. C Maurkice Pouncey
20. QB Jimmy clausen

i just copied them off the t.v. screen as they talked so if i misspelled anything ... eat me.

The Franchise
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
:facepalm:

nychief
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
OH MY GOD! BERRY IS A REACH!

sedated
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
moch drafts and "big boards" have become like BBQ sauce - everyone has one, they change with every batch, and everyone thinks everyone else's suck.

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Thomas over Berry??

LMAO

AustinChief
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Thomas over Berry??

LMAO

While he is wrong to put Thomas over Berry.. the drop off is marginal... Thomas is THAT good... he is smaller than I would like but fast fast fast and best instincts of any safety in the draft (IMNSHO)

I would not be hurt at all if we dropped back 5 slots and picked up Thomas.

Mecca
04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
He has Thomas over Berry because Mayock only watches the past year of film.

Berry has 3 years of film, this past year wasn't his most fantastic because he spent most of it playing box strong safety while his 2 previous were spent playing centerfield and playing a rover position.

Thomas has a more impressive year if you're just looking at the past one cause he basically did what Berry did as a freshman, success as a starter for 3 years doing 3 different things>1 year of success doing 1 thing.

Tribal Warfare
04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Spiller at #5 , maybe Mayock is being fed that the Redskins are seriously considering him at the 4th spot.

crazycoffey
04-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I had a dream two days ago; I won a big lottery, bought the rams and put Meccamist in charge of my drafts just to make him put up or shut up, LOL.

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2010, 09:53 PM
While he is wrong to put Thomas over Berry.. the drop off is marginal... Thomas is THAT good... he is smaller than I would like but fast fast fast and best instincts of any safety in the draft (IMNSHO)

I can't imagine Thomas in the top ten. Some people don't even have him in the first round.

Everyone could be wrong about him and he may be a terrific NFL player but personally, I don't trust players from Texas to translate well to the NFL. Orapko was an exception last year but the list is extremely long of players that didn't even come close to living up to their draft status.

IMO, Texas recruits athletes to play in their system, not football players to play in their system.

easymobee
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe the Chiefs will take Earl Thomas to create the mother of all headscratchers. Thomas looks like a player to me though. Id rather see my favorite team end up with him over Taylor Mays at least. Although Mays does remind me a bit of Dennis Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe the Chiefs will take Earl Thomas to create the mother of all headscratchers. Thomas looks like a player to me though. Id rather see my favorite team end up with him over Taylor Mays at least. Although Mays does remind me a bit of Dennis Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd take Mays.

In the fourth.

:D

Not a fan.

easymobee
04-09-2010, 11:07 PM
How things change. Mays was looked at like a Sean Taylor type last offseason (top 8 to 10 pick). Hell probably still go somewhere from 22 to 35, but another cautionary tale of staying in school a little too long. Lost all of the D talent around him.
Posted via Mobile Device

melbar
04-09-2010, 11:16 PM
So weird...I saw NFLN comparing the 2 and all were in agreement that Thomas needs to work on coverage and his tackling. All agree that Berry has complete game in all areas and showed it being asked to do different things different years. Saw Mayock say the same but he still puts him ahead of Berry?

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
So weird...I saw NFLN comparing the 2 and all were in agreement that Thomas needs to work on coverage and his tackling. All agree that Berry has complete game in all areas and showed it being asked to do different things different years. Saw Mayock say the same but he still puts him ahead of Berry?

Mayock's a dumbass.

He'll probably elevate Thomas like he did Curry.

Look how THAT worked out for Seattle instead of Sanchez.

:shake:

bigbucks24
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
I can't imagine Thomas in the top ten. Some people don't even have him in the first round.
Everyone could be wrong about him and he may be a terrific NFL player but personally, I don't trust players from Texas to translate well to the NFL. Orapko was an exception last year but the list is extremely long of players that didn't even come close to living up to their draft status.

IMO, Texas recruits athletes to play in their system, not football players to play in their system.

Second round? Really? Not doubting you, but would you happen to have a link for that mock? I'd like to see someone have him in the second round.

salame
04-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I am curious to see where Pouncey goes

Mecca
04-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Thomas is going to have to go to a team that understands what he is, he's never going to play the run...some teams will severely frown upon that.

I think the Eagles are a real darkhorse team at 23 for several players, Pouncey is one of them.

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Thomas is going to have to go to a team that understands what he is, he's never going to play the run...some teams will severely frown upon that.

I think the Eagles are a real darkhorse team at 23 for several players, Pouncey is one of them.

Bullshit.. he plays the run fine..he isn't GREAT at it but he is fearless. He is a competitor... is he Berry ? no. but unless you have watched the last two years.. don't judge him THAT harshly.. he is OK against the run...

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 04:03 AM

that is such a BS judgement... I am NOT a UT homer and I honestly take Texas players with a grain of salt.. BUT it is a premier program and I can show (as I did in another thread) that Texas players perform just fine in the NFL.... the thing to watch for are the "hyped" UT players.. Thomas is NOT one of them... Kindle WAS but isn't so much anymore.. and I think Kindle will do just fine as well. ...but don't make that blanket statement because the NUMBERS don't back it up... (and this is from a guy that inherently doesn't trust most UT players)

spanky 52
04-10-2010, 05:14 AM

Me too. I've been hoping for a top level center in the last several drafts but to no avail. I don't know if he'd fit the ZBS the Chief's are using but would really like to see him drop to the 36th pick. Won't happen as I could see him going as high as Pittsburgh in the first. Really like his versatility. If he's not there at 36 and Saffold is, I hope the Chiefs take him.

Fritz88
04-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Clausen at 20 where he belongs.

Quesadilla Joe
04-10-2010, 06:52 AM

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Denver drafted him at 11. Denver doesn't have a center on their roster.

Mr. Laz
04-10-2010, 09:28 AM
I am curious to see where Pouncey goesDenver

Mr. Laz
04-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Clausen at 36 where he belongs.
FYP

Ralphy Boy
04-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Clausen at 20 where he belongs.

:BS:

I really like Bradford and I was never very high on Clausen, but he's much better than you are giving him credit for. Many teams think he and Bradford are neck & neck.
Just because St Louis is supposedly leaning towards Bradford doesn't make him better. Just look at Alex Smith & Aaron Rodgers. Bad franchises make bad decisions every year, thats why they draft at the top. I think Bradford is getting better pub because his "upside" but so did Ryan Leaf. Clausen is made to wear, so to speak, and ready to step in from day 1. Bradford is athletically superior according to most, but Clausen is the more NFL ready of the two. If I have to take a project or the guy who is ready now, I'd usually take the guy who is ready now. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN A BIG FAN OF JIMMY. His attitude concerns, I've come to decide, are overrated. Yes, he was a cocky kid when he got to ND, the whole stretch Hummer thing, but he's matured since then and he's had far better QB coaching his whole life than Bradford has.

My top 20:
1 Suh
2 Berry
3 McCoy
4 Bradford - His upside is greater
5 Clausen
6 Trent Williams
7 Dan Williams
8 Spiller
9 Okung
10 Morgan
11 Graham
12 Haden
13 McClain
14 Bryant
15 Davis
16 Thomas
17 Bulaga
18 JPP
19 Mays
20 Wilson

Notes on the upside of certain players:
This is all for not if they go to the wrong team. I'm projecting best case.
JPP is a freak and if he goes to the right team, he could end up being the best player out of this draft, but he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
McClain will make more than a few Pro-Bowls
Mays is also a freak and if he goes to a great veteran defensive team, like
Baltimore or San Fran, he'll be better than every other safety.
Earl Thomas will be slightly better than average in the pros.
Trent Williams is better than any o-linemen in this draft or last year.
Spiller will be a better pro than AP & Chris Johnson.
3 years from now, passing on Clausen will look like a tremendous error for the Chiefs. He's a much better prospect than Sanchez was last year.
Carlos Dunlap would have been #21 on my list. I think his light will come on once he gets to the big leagues and he'll be outstanding in a few years.
Nate Allen, FS out of South Florida will be a 2nd round stud.

Mr. Laz
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
:BS:

I really like Bradford and I was never very high on Clausen, but he's much better than you are giving him credit for. Many teams think he and Bradford are neck & neck.
Just because St Louis is supposedly leaning towards Bradford doesn't make him better. Just look at Alex Smith & Aaron Rodgers. Bad franchises make bad decisions every year, thats why they draft at the top. I think Bradford is getting better pub because his "upside" but so did Ryan Leaf. Clausen is made to wear, so to speak, and ready to step in from day 1. Bradford is athletically superior according to most, but Clausen is the more NFL ready of the two. If I have to take a project or the guy who is ready now, I'd usually take the guy who is ready now. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN A BIG FAN OF JIMMY. His attitude concerns, I've come to decide, are overrated. Yes, he was a cocky kid when he got to ND, the whole stretch Hummer thing, but he's matured since then and he's had far better QB coaching his whole life than Bradford has.

My top 20:
1 Suh
2 Berry
3 McCoy
4 Bradford - His upside is greater
5 Clausen
6 Trent Williams
7 Dan Williams
8 Spiller
9 Okung
10 Morgan
11 Graham
12 Haden
13 McClain
14 Bryant
15 Davis
16 Thomas
17 Bulaga
18 JPP
19 Mays
20 Wilson

Notes on the upside of certain players:
This is all for not if they go to the wrong team. I'm projecting best case.
JPP is a freak and if he goes to the right team, he could end up being the best player out of this draft, but he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
McClain will make more than a few Pro-Bowls
Mays is also a freak and if he goes to a great veteran defensive team, like
Baltimore or San Fran, he'll be better than every other safety.
Earl Thomas will be slightly better than average in the pros.
Trent Williams is better than any o-linemen in this draft or last year.
Spiller will be a better pro than AP & Chris Johnson.
3 years from now, passing on Clausen will look like a tremendous error for the Chiefs. He's a much better prospect than Sanchez was last year.
Carlos Dunlap would have been #21 on my list. I think his light will come on once he gets to the big leagues and he'll be outstanding in a few years.
Nate Allen, FS out of South Florida will be a 2nd round stud.nice post

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM

I thought you were a Michigan fan. Why are you always all over the nuts of every Texas prospect?

Mecca
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Thomas is a very marginal run defender I don't see how that is "ok".

He will occasionally come up and throw his body in to make a tackle, he did it in the national title game but that is not how he plays.

Guys like Louis Delmas who is roughly the same size Thomas is, is a good run defender because he's willing to throw his body around, Thomas for the most part is not.

salame
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Denver drafted him at 11. Denver doesn't have a center on their roster.

I don't think they will pass up on Dan Williams if he if there and if not him I think they take Dez Bryant so they can be done with Marshall

OnTheWarpath15
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't think they will pass up on Dan Williams if he if there and if not him I think they take Dez Bryant so they can be done with Marshall

So they get rid of one headcase that has produced at a ridiculously high level in the NFL, and replace him with a headcase that hasn't.

Sounds like a Denver move.

Mecca
04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Them taking Bryant at this point makes no sense, you're going to replace one retard with another one when the one they have has produced.

salame
04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
So they get rid of one headcase that has produced at a ridiculously high level in the NFL, and replace him with a headcase that hasn't.

Sounds like a Denver move.

If they get rid of Marshall and don't have a replacement they know they will be in deep shit. I can see McDaniels totally defending Bryant "he got a bad rap for no reason" etc. and then three years from now I can see Bryant punting a football mid practice a-la Marshall.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMj7qNt6X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMj7qNt6X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I thought you were a Michigan fan. Why are you always all over the nuts of every Texas prospect?

I am a U-M fan but I don't discount UT players just because they went to UT(*ahem*)... there are PLENTY I don't like.. I was iffy on Orakpo even... but since I see every damn game... there are plenty I do recognize as having value.

Thomas is one of those.

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Thomas is a very marginal run defender I don't see how that is "ok".

He will occasionally come up and throw his body in to make a tackle, he did it in the national title game but that is not how he plays.

Guys like Louis Delmas who is roughly the same size Thomas is, is a good run defender because he's willing to throw his body around, Thomas for the most part is not.

Dead wrong. Do you watch any UT games? Seriously, Thomas is always throwing himself into tackles.. he just isn't as big as I'd like to make him more effective on the NFL level.

He is NOT marginal... he is solid.. he is not as good as Berry but he is a SOLID run defender and amazing in coverage.

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2010, 03:48 PM
that is such a BS judgement... I am NOT a UT homer and I honestly take Texas players with a grain of salt.. BUT it is a premier program and I can show (as I did in another thread) that Texas players perform just fine in the NFL.... the thing to watch for are the "hyped" UT players.. Thomas is NOT one of them... Kindle WAS but isn't so much anymore.. and I think Kindle will do just fine as well. ...but don't make that blanket statement because the NUMBERS don't back it up... (and this is from a guy that inherently doesn't trust most UT players)

Well, I tend to disagree, especially when you consider first round players.

I can name a handful of players Texas players taken in the first two rounds that never, ever lived up to their draft status (Mike Williams, Limas Sweed, Derrick Johnson and on and on and on).

The program may be "elite", but since they run the spread, I wouldn't touch their offensive players with a ten foot pole. And their defense is usually lined up against other spread offenses, which generally doesn't give enough information as to how their players will translate to the NFL.

Orapko was certainly an exception last year but quite honestly, I don't think the coaching staff or the coordinators do their players any favors.

And Earl Thomas in the Top Ten is insanity.

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, I tend to disagree, especially when you consider first round players.

I can name a handful of players Texas players taken in the first two rounds that never, ever lived up to their draft status (Mike Williams, Limas Sweed, Derrick Johnson and on and on and on).

The program may be "elite", but since they run the spread, I wouldn't touch their offensive players with a ten foot pole. And their defense is usually lined up against other spread offenses, which generally doesn't give enough information as to how their players will translate to the NFL.

Orapko was certainly an exception last year but quite honestly, I don't think the coaching staff or the coordinators do their players any favors.

And Earl Thomas in the Top Ten is insanity.
I don't strongly disagree with most of your post until that last line... Thomas is a value at #9-15 so BARELY a top 10 talent. After #15 he is a STEAL

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't strongly disagree with most of your post until that last line... Thomas is a value at #9-15 so BARELY a top 10 talent. After #15 he is a STEAL

So was Derrick Johnson.

:D

Seriously, you may be right. I would be nervous about selecting him that high since he really only has two years of production under his belt. That would scare me off but he may be a perfect fit for a team like the Giants, who need serious safety help.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-10-2010, 04:05 PM
FYP

"My name is Laz, and I hate all QB's except shitty ones like Matt 'Motherfuckme' Cassel who I will defend endlessly for the Chiefs until it becomes so painfully obvious he sucks major ass, that I would just look even MORE foolish than my dumb, retarded ass already is".

Thx!:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
FYP

Do you really think he'll fall to the Chiefs in the 2nd round?

Mr. Laz
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Do you really think he'll fall to the Chiefs in the 2nd round?no ... it was a joke

Mecca
04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
I think Austin is letting that he lives there affect his judgment every single scouting report and person outside of him widely agrees that Earl Thomas is not a good run defender.

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I think Austin is letting that he lives there affect his judgment every single scouting report and person outside of him widely agrees that Earl Thomas is not a good run defender.

Maybe... but a few scouting reports seem to agree with what I have seen the last 2 years...

Nfl.com
Tough competitor who will fill in the running game and does not shy away from contact. Good tackler.

cbs.sportsline.com
Run Support: Willing to support the run. Flies into the action at full speed, pounding backs in the open field.

I can actually quote a number more... but you get the point... the issue is simple... people are ASSSUMING he will have trouble at the next level with bigger backs due to his size... even though he doesn't lack strength at all. We will have to see if that is true... but these are assumptions that are NOT based on anything he did or didn't do at the collegiate level.

Anyone who has WATCHED the film knows this...

THAT said... he may struggle due to size.. no real way to know that at this time... I would love him to be 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier yet retain his speed... but at 5'10" 208lbs he isn't SMALL by any means... (2 inches shorter and 2 lbs lighter then Berry)

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
To compare measurable with Eric Berry... 2 lbs lighter, 2 inches shorter(this may be a problem), arms are 2" shorter, put up 2 more reps on the bench then Berry, is FASTER then Berry and NEVER had problems with the run or shied away from filling the box or pounding bigger backs...

I don't think he is as good as Berry overall... but the whole "not good in run support" is based on ONE damn thing... he is 2 inches shorter then people like... yet he has ideal weight, strength and speed... I didn't realize those 2 inches helped you tackle.

I like to base my opinion on ACTUAL production.. not assumptions... sometimes you have to project.. and I would get it if he lacked ideal wight or had a crap bench... but this is just nonsense

Mecca
04-10-2010, 07:36 PM
His arms are also 2 inches shorter than Berry's it's why he looks so much smaller...

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40028&highlight=earl+thomas

That thread discusses both Berry and Thomas. It's not that Thomas can't support the run, he can when he wants, he just doesn't want to all the time.

He's actually not faster the combine times were slower, the Texas pro day track was of course fast...

Mr. Laz
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM
like you let being a USC homer affect you?

AustinChief
04-10-2010, 07:43 PM
His arms are also 2 inches shorter than Berry's it's why he looks so much smaller...

That thread discusses both Berry and Thomas. It's not that Thomas can't support the run, he can when he wants, he just doesn't want to all the time.

He's actually not faster the combine times were slower, the Texas pro day track was of course fast...

Where do you get that he doesn't want to??? I don't have time to read the link now, will try to later... but i NEVER saw that...

I always saw him throw himself into run support... I also saw him make a few bonehead mistake due to it... he ISN'T BERRY, but is FINE at run support and amazing at coverage.

TEX
04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I really like RB Cj Spiller. I'm not saying the Chiefs should draft him, but had Charles not emerged as a legit RB, I'd be all for it. I think the kid has mad skills and will be a star.

MadMax
04-10-2010, 11:25 PM
"My name is Laz, and I hate all QB's except shitty ones like Matt 'Mother****me' Cassel who I will defend endlessly for the Chiefs until it becomes so painfully obvious he sucks major ass, that I would just look even MORE foolish than my dumb, retarded ass already is".

Thx!:thumb:

Matt Thistlebutt sucks? News to me.ROFLROFLROFL

MoreLemonPledge
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/60000/60474_Tactical_facepalm.jpg

crazycoffey
04-11-2010, 04:06 AM

Laughable, that is just another board full of want-to-be GMs just like you Meccamist. It's not that you can't bring good takes to the table here, it's that you think you know everything. And in this thread, this is the post where you lost your creditability.

crazycoffey
04-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Maybe... but a few scouting reports seem to agree with what I have seen the last 2 years...

Nfl.com

cbs.sportsline.com

shoot, those aren't very credible sources, everyone knows that Scott Wright's draft countdown is where the real knowledge comes from.... :rolleyes:

crazycoffey
04-11-2010, 04:19 AM
side note, I'll 5 bucks down on the odds that Mecca's name on that draft sight is Babylon

AustinChief
04-11-2010, 04:21 AM
shoot, those aren't very credible sources, everyone knows that Scott Wright's draft countdown is where the real knowledge comes from.... :rolleyes:

I DON'T discount Mecca's takes.. but I know I have watched more film on Thomas than anyone here and I KNOW what he brings to the table... MAYOCK is an idiot for putting him above Berry... BUT he isn't too far behind him... OF COURSE I know that Berry is better.. but Thomas is a very close second...

Berry=all around amazing playmaker
Thomas=SOLID run support and AMAZING coverage safety...

..my take on it...

crazycoffey
04-11-2010, 04:32 AM
I DON'T discount Mecca's takes.. but I know I have watched more film on Thomas than anyone here and I KNOW what he brings to the table... MAYOCK is an idiot for putting him above Berry... BUT he isn't too far behind him... OF COURSE I know that Berry is better.. but Thomas is a very close second...

Berry=all around amazing playmaker
Thomas=SOLID run support and AMAZING coverage safety...

..my take on it...

Meccamist / Babble-on or whatever he wants to call himself, is an idiot. He has SOME good solid football takes cause he does nothing else but research it, I highly DOUBT his takes are his own opinions based on watching film himself, but rather from draft sites like the one above full of armchair GMs locked in a dark room with all their free time on the computer, his brothers if you will. And that he used that website to back up his opinion is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Look, I really do like reading some of his takes, because different opinions make the world go around, but every now and again, his idiot meter red lines out and I gotta say something to hopefully break a crack in the wall of stupid and let some light through. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Matt Thistlebutt sucks? News to me.ROFLROFLROFL

The Legend Grows! LMAO