PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports MLB TV sucks so far.

pr_capone
04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I purchased a single year subscription... I did not get in on that $20 deal but still worth it to me as it has been years since I have been able to watch the Braves regularly. It's only the 4th game of the season and I have to say that I am less than impressed.

For opening day, I had to wait until 11:00 AM the next morning to watch the game. The second game had an issue where I missed innings 2-4 because the screen turned green. Third game worked ok and now I'm trying to watch game 4 and the system will not let me log in.

If you were thinking about it, I would hold off or purchase the mlb tv subscription through your cable/sat provider.

*edited to clarify that the subscription I purchased was for streaming over web.

kcxiv
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
meh, its working for me just great. seen 3 of the 4 Dodger games on there in HD, no issues. Watched yesterdays game on MLB Network

pr_capone
04-09-2010, 09:19 PM
meh, its working for me just great. seen 3 of the 4 Dodger games on there in HD, no issues. Watched yesterdays game on MLB Network

sorry, I edited my above post.

I'm talking about the streaming web service, not a cable/sat subscription.

alanm
04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Doesn't matter if it's MLB on direct TV or MLB.com the Royals are blacked out for me either way. Don't know why since I live about 600 miles away in western Ne. :cuss::cuss:

AndChiefs
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I've never had a problem with streaming...it does lag a little bit over the course of the game but that's it.

pr_capone
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I've never had a problem with streaming...it does lag a little bit over the course of the game but that's it.

I just got off the phone with tech support. Tech support dude can't even watch the game.

chiefsfan987
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I purchased a single year subscription... I did not get in on that $20 deal but still worth it to me as it has been years since I have been able to watch the Braves regularly. It's only the 4th game of the season and I have to say that I am less than impressed.

For opening day, I had to wait until 11:00 AM the next morning to watch the game. The second game had an issue where I missed innings 2-4 because the screen turned green. Third game worked ok and now I'm trying to watch game 4 and the system will not let me log in.

If you were thinking about it, I would hold off or purchase the mlb tv subscription through your cable/sat provider.

*edited to clarify that the subscription I purchased was for streaming over web.

That happens every year at the begining of the season. In a couple of weeks you won't have any problems.

Toadkiller
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I have had no problems, best 20 bucks I have spent this month. I use playon to stream it to the 50 inch plasma and it looks great.

Alanm, use a proxy server if it is a web broadcast, hide your IP and it wont be blacked out.

kcxiv
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
sorry, I edited my above post.

I'm talking about the streaming web service, not a cable/sat subscription.

THats what i was talking about. This is my 2nd year with the webservice.

pr_capone
04-09-2010, 11:23 PM
THats what i was talking about. This is my 2nd year with the webservice.

tell you what... can you try to get on and watch the Braves game? I wanna see if it comes up for you.

damn that would piss me off. lol

BigRedChief
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I got MLB TV last year after I switched to U-Verse. Loved it. UVerse doesn't have the MLB extra innings package. Full screen HD quality. DVR controls, jump to innings, no pixiliation issues, get highlights on demand from other games. Best money I spent in a long time. This year I'm only able to watch it in basic. A little 5X7 window. Soemtimes the feed is choppy.

I have Windows 7 on my main laptop and I understand there is an issue with the HD plugin and Win7. I'll try it next time on my Windows Vista laptop.

pr_capone
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I got MLB TV last year after I switched to U-Verse. Loved it. UVerse doesn't have the MLB extra innings package. Full screen HD quality. DVR controls, jump to innings, get highlights on demand from other games. Best money I spent in a long time. This year I'm only able to watch it in basic. A little 5X7 window.

I have Windows 7 on my main laptop and I understand there is an issue with the HD plugin and Win7. I'll try it next time on my Windows Vista laptop next time.

I'm running the plugin in compatibility mode. Video quality isnt as impressive as I thought it would be. I will prolly get the service from my cable provider next season.

BigRedChief
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm running the plugin in compatibility mode. Video quality isnt as impressive as I thought it would be. I will prolly get the service from my cable provider next season.I had the extra innings package from Time Warner cable last year but switched to U-Verse and they don't have that package. But, I'm much happier with U-Verse and not switching back to cable.

I had true HD quality streams last year. I was really happy with the quality of the stream last year. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.