PDA

View Full Version : Gosselin's Mock #1

Coogs
04-12-2010, 06:26 AM
1st of 3 is up.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/041110dnspogosselinmock.441bfe6.html

Rick Gosselin's NFL draft board

12:53 AM CDT on Monday, April 12, 2010

The St. Louis Rams owned the second overall selection in each of the last two drafts, and both times passed up a potential franchise quarterback to take a lineman.

The Rams passed up Matt Ryan in 2008 to take Virginia defensive end Chris Long and passed on Mark Sanchez in 2009 to take Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith.

But Ryan and Sanchez shouldn't take it personal. The Rams don't draft quarterbacks in the first round, regardless of who's available. The last time the Rams took a quarterback in the opening round was 1964, when they selected Bill Munson of Utah.

Look for the Rams to end that 45-year drought in the 2010 draft. They own the first overall selection and Sam Bradford of Oklahoma awaits their call.

St. Louis even paved a path for Bradford by releasing incumbent starter Marc Bulger this month. If you don't have a quarterback in today's NFL, you don't have a chance. Bradford gives the St. Louis faithful hope.

1. St. Louis Rams:
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
NFL's No. 28 passing offense gets boost

2. Detroit Lions:
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Best player in the draft slides to the Lions

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
A defensive tackle in Warren Sapp mold

4. Washington Redskins:
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Redskins need to protect their new quarterback

5. Kansas City Chiefs:
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
The best cover safety in the draft

6. Seattle Seahawks:
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Time to replace Walter Jones up front

7. Cleveland Browns:
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
Starting quarterback Jake Delhomme is 35

8. Oakland Raiders:
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Greg Ellis and his seven sacks are gone

9. Buffalo Bills:
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Quarterbacks took beating in 2009 with 46 sacks

10. Jacksonville Jaguars:
Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
Jaguars had only 14 sacks last season

11. Denver Broncos:
Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama
Broncos have opening in the middle

12. Miami Dolphins:
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Can help Dolphins cover Wes Welker

13. San Francisco 49ers:
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
49ers need to reduce their 40 sacks

14. Seattle Seahawks:
Ryan Mathews, HB, Fresno State
Seahawks rushed for only 7 TDs in 2009

15. New York Giants:
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Not re-signing Fred Robbins opens spot

16. Tennessee Titans:
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Reminds Titans of Jevon Kearse

17. San Francisco 49ers:
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
49ers finished 21st in pass defense in 2009

18. Pittsburgh Steelers:
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Steelers corners had only 2 INTs in 2009

19. Atlanta Falcons:
Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
Can walk in as a starter at guard or center

20. Houston Texans:
C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson
Texans averaged only 3.5 yards per carry

21. Cincinnati Bengals:
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Bengals need a safety-valve receiver

22. New England Patriots:
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
Patriots had only 31 sacks last season

23. Green Bay Packers:
Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
Packers need a pass rusher

24. Philadelphia Eagles:
>Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Andy Reid loves drafting linemen

25. Baltimore Ravens:
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
A good player always slides to Ravens

26. Arizona Cardinals:
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Departure of Anquan Boldin leaves void

27. Dallas Cowboys:
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
Cowboys need to get younger on the OL

28. San Diego Chargers:
Jahvid Best, RB, California
Life minus LaDainian Tomlinson begins

29. New York Jets:
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
Jets need a shutdown corner

30. Minnesota Vikings:
Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
To beat Drew Brees, you need CB depth

31. Indianapolis Colts:
Rodger Saffold, G, Indiana
AFC champion drafts a walk-in starter

32. New Orleans Saints:
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
Scott Fujita was lost in free agency

the Talking Can
04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
"If you don't have a quarterback in today's NFL, you don't have a chance."

welcome to your KC chiefs....3 top 5 picks....no QB

rockymtnchief
04-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Let's hope so.

Marco Polo
04-12-2010, 07:30 AM
This mock gives me faith.

Coogs
04-12-2010, 07:32 AM
BTW, this is from last years draft as to how the Gosselin method works...

Here's the first of three mock draft offerings from The Dallas Morning News this month. The second will come next Sunday, and the final mock on the actual day of the draft. The first mock is based on my draft board of the top 32 players, the second focuses more on team need and the third is how I see the draft playing out.

Chiefnj2
04-12-2010, 07:36 AM
BTW, this is from last years draft as to how the Gosselin method works...

This year it looks like he incorporated need/draft history into his first mock.

Coogs
04-12-2010, 07:40 AM
This year it looks like he incorporated need/draft history into his first mock.

:shrug: He didn't specify, however, in the title it does say "Gosselin's NFL Draft Board" which goes along with his last years format.

Archie Bunker
04-12-2010, 07:56 AM
As long as him and Lombardi have us taking Berry, I feel like there is a legit chance of it happening. :grovel:

CanadianChief
04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I thought the Jets already had a shutdown corner with Revis Island?

Chiefnj2
04-12-2010, 08:05 AM
:shrug: He didn't specify, however, in the title it does say "Gosselin's NFL Draft Board" which goes along with his last years format.

I'm just saying that his analysis of the picks makes it look like he's taking team needs into major consideration.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 08:21 AM
"If you don't have a quarterback in today's NFL, you don't have a chance."

welcome to your KC chiefs....3 top 5 picks....no QB
so now you actually gonna bitch if the Chiefs select Eric Berry?

Coogs
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm just saying that his analysis of the picks makes it look like he's taking team needs into major consideration.

Here is last years 1st mock. He did the same thing...

Rick Gosselin's first NFL mock draft

09:25 AM CDT on Monday, April 13, 2009

The Detroit Lions obviously do not know what a Pro Bowl quarterback looks like.

The last time a Detroit quarterback went to the Pro Bowl was 1972 (Greg Landry). The Lions have used a first-round draft choice on a quarterback three times since then and whiffed each time: Chuck Long in 1986, Andre Ware in 1990 and Joey Harrington in 2002.

Three strikes and you're out, right? Not when it comes to quarterbacks. If you don't have one in the NFL, you don't stand a chance. The Lions won three NFL titles in the 1950s in large part because they had a Hall of Fame quarterback in Bobby Layne. So the search continues.

Getty Images
Georgia's Matthew Stafford attended the same high school (Highland Park) as Detroit Lions Hall of Fame quarterback Bobby Layne.
View larger More photos Photo store Georgia's Matthew Stafford is the top-rated quarterback in the 2009 NFL draft, and the Lions have the first overall selection. Coincidentally, Stafford attended the same high school as Layne – Highland Park in suburban Dallas. So pencil in Stafford to the Lions at the top of this draft board.

Here's the first of three mock draft offerings from The Dallas Morning News this month. The second will come next Sunday, and the final mock on the actual day of the draft. The first mock is based on my draft board of the top 32 players, the second focuses more on team need and the third is how I see the draft playing out.

1. Detroit Lions:
Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Lions are hoping Stafford can be their next Bobby Layne

2. St. Louis Rams:
Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
Huge hole at left tackle with release of Orlando Pace

3. Kansas City Chiefs:
Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
The NFL's 31st-ranked defense needs a playmaker

4. Seattle Seahawks:
Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Seahawks desperate for a threatening offensive weapon

5. Cleveland Browns:
B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
Success starts with run defense in AFC North

6. Cincinnati Bengals:
Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
Bengals need WR/KR to replace T.J. Houshmandzadeh

7. Oakland Raiders:
Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
Raiders need more weapons to give QB Russell a chance

8. Jacksonville Jaguars:
Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
Jaguars allowed 42 sacks last season

9. Green Bay Packers:
Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Going to a 3-4, the Packers get best 3-4 DE in draft

10. San Francisco 49ers:
Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
Success has always started at QB for the 49ers

11. Buffalo Bills:
Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
The NFL's 29th-ranked pass rush needs help

12. Denver Broncos:
Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State
Without Jay Cutler, the Broncos need a quarterback

13. Washington Redskins:
Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
Like Buffalo, the Redskins managed only 24 sacks in 2008

14. New Orleans Saints:
Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
The NFL's 23rd-ranked pass defense needs a shutdown corner

15. Houston Texans:
Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
Pro Bowler DE Mario Williams had 12 of Texans' 25 sacks

16. San Diego Chargers:
Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
Maualuga plays with same reckless abandon as Junior Seau

17. New York Jets:
Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
Jets need to replace the speed of Laveranues Coles

18. Denver Broncos:
Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
The NFL's 29th-ranked defense needs across-the-board help

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Beanie Wells, HB, Ohio State
With Gruden gone, Bucs become power-oriented on offense

20. Detroit Lions:
Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri
Detroit's two starting DTs gone from a year ago

21. Philadelphia Eagles:
Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
Eagles lost TE L.J. Smith in free agency

22. Minnesota Vikings:
Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
Vikings need a physical presence in 18th-ranked pass defense

23. New England Patriots:
Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
Bill Belichick also coached Clay's dad at Cleveland

24. Atlanta Falcons:
Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
The Falcons lost their two starting OLBs in free agency

25. Miami Dolphins:
James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
Give him a month and Laurinaitis will be running Miami D

26. Baltimore Ravens:
Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
Another gift for the Ravens – great player, bad workout

27. Indianapolis Colts:
Knowshown Moreno, HB, Georgia
Joseph Addai can't stay healthy, so help is on the way

28. Philadelphia Eagles:
LeSean McCoy, HB, Pittsburgh
McCoy is a clone of Brian Westbrook

29. New York Giants:
Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi
Gives Giants the luxury of moving Dave Diehl back to G

30. Tennessee Titans:
Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
Deep speed eases pressure on Pro Bowl RB Chris Johnson

31. Arizona Cardinals:
Donald Brown, HB, Connecticut
NFL's worst rushing attack gets a boost

32. Pittsburgh Steelers:
Alex Mack, C, California
Steelers need to re-establish identity as running team

Chiefnj2
04-12-2010, 08:37 AM

KC could take Berry at 5, use the 2 seconds and a 4th to move up and get Clausen and people will still complain.

On the Planet the two weeks before the draft = the hysterical season. Everyone knows more than every single analysts. Everyone knows more than 3/4s of NFL GMs and coaches.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
KC could take Berry at 5, use the 2 seconds and a 4th to move up and get Clausen and people will still complain.

On the Planet the two weeks before the draft = the hysterical season. Everyone knows more than every single analysts. Everyone knows more than 3/4s of NFL GMs and coaches.
a week ago people were bitching about people predicting the chiefs would take Bulgara. Yes, they blamed Pioli for other people predicting a pick they didn't like. Now that more and more people are predicting the Chiefs will take they guy they have be screaming for for 6 months, these same people are bitching because it's not Jimmy Clausen.

:doh!:

so let's review:

1. if people predict something bad it's Pioli's fault (even though nothing has happened yet)

2. if people predict something good you should switch your choice to something else so you don't have to be happy about the good prediction.

i'm starting to catch on

spanky 52
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Can't wait for his next mock. Berry fit's a need. This could be good.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
a week ago people were bitching about people predicting the chiefs would take Bulgara. Yes, they blamed Pioli for other people predicting a pick they didn't like. Now that more and more people are predicting the Chiefs will take they guy they have be screaming for for 6 months, these same people are bitching because it's not Jimmy Clausen.

:doh!:

so let's review:

1. if people predict something bad it's Pioli's fault (even though nothing has happened yet)

2. if people predict something good you should switch your choice to something else so you don't have to be happy about the good prediction.

i'm starting to catch on

Dude....you love to bitch about the people who bitch. What's the fucking difference?

I've been on the Berry bandwagon since the fucking beginning....because I figured that we didn't have a shot of taking Clausen. Now that we do....I'm a little pissed that we probably won't take him because of Cassel. That's not to say that I won't be happy with Berry being out pick.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Can't wait for his next mock. Berry fit's a need. This could be good.

He'll probably take an OT because we NEED one of those. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Dude....you love to bitch about the people who bitch. What's the fucking difference?
ya ... that's it

nice catch-22 circular bullshit there :clap:

I can bitch non-stop because if someone ever calls me on it then they are bitching about me bitching ....... w00t!!! PBJ

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
ya ... that's it

nice catch-22 circular bullshit there :clap:

I can bitch non-stop because if someone ever calls me on it then they are bitching about me bitching ....... w00t!!! PBJ

Then you'll bitch about you bitching about someone else bitching.....or something like that.

Hammock Parties
04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Didn't Gosselin start the Tyson Jackson craze last year?

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Then you'll bitch about you bitching about someone else bitching.....or something like that.
if the chiefs don't select Berry, you'll bitch because they didn't take Eric Berry

If the chiefs do select Berry, you'll bitch because it's not Jimmy Clausen

if the chiefs do select Jimmy Clause, you'll bitch because Clausen is not Mark Sanchez.

i just wish all you Sanchez nutlickers would just move on to the Jet's forum and get the shit over with.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
if the chiefs don't select Berry, you'll bitch because they didn't take Eric Berry

If the chiefs do select Berry, you'll bitch because it's not Jimmy Clausen

if the chiefs do select Jimmy Clause, you'll bitch because Clausen is not Mark Sanchez.

i just wish all you Sanchez nutlickers would just move on to the Jet's forum and get the shit over with.

Where the fuck did you get Sanchez from my post?

Did I want us to draft Sanchez last year? Yeah I did. We didn't....big fucking deal now.

1. If we draft Berry with Clausen available.....I'll be hoping that Clausen falls and I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat to see if we trade back up to get him.

2. If we draft Clausen with Berry available.....I'll be happy because Weis believes that Clausen is a Franchise QB....but it will still suck a little that we missed out on Berry.

3. If we don't draft either one.....then I'll be fucking livid because those 2 players are the only players that are worth our pick.

Archie Bunker
04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Didn't Gosselin start the Tyson Jackson craze last year?

IIRC it went: Brandt, then King, then everyone else. Gosselin had Jackson 6th on his big board last year but still had us taking Curry in his final one.

ChiefRon
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Where the **** did you get Sanchez from my post?

Did I want us to draft Sanchez last year? Yeah I did. We didn't....big ****ing deal now.

1. If we draft Berry with Clausen available.....I'll be hoping that Clausen falls and I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat to see if we trade back up to get him.

2. If we draft Clausen with Berry available.....I'll be happy because Weis believes that Clausen is a Franchise QB....but it will still suck a little that we missed out on Berry.

3. If we don't draft either one.....then I'll be ****ing livid because those 2 players are the only players that are worth our pick.

This. I am with you. A couple other thoughts:
If we pass on Clausen, I will wonder if it was because Weis didn't think he is a franchise QB or if he was overruled. If we pick Berry, it won't matter much, but I will still wonder.

The only disappointing thing for me in picking Clausen is that it will probably mean we won't be able to snag Tate with so many defensive needs. I'm not a ND homer, but everything I see and hear about Tate makes me want to take him to address our need for WR + KR/PR.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Where the fuck did you get Sanchez from my post?

Did I want us to draft Sanchez last year? Yeah I did. We didn't....big fucking deal now.
oh please ... EVERYTHING you guys complain about every day is based on the chiefs not drafting a QB. Namely Mark Sanchez last year. Don't try to act any different, it's just crap.

so basically now it's if the chiefs don't find some way to get Berry AND Clausen you will be a little pissed.

wow ... no small expectations here

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
oh please ... EVERYTHING you guys complain about every day is based on the chiefs not drafting a QB. Namely Mark Sanchez last year. Don't try to act any different, it's just crap.

so basically now it's if the chiefs don't find some way to get Berry AND Clausen you will be a little pissed.

wow ... no small expectations here

Yeah....because having 3 Top 5 picks and not coming away with a QB is fucking outstanding.

I didn't say that I would be fucking pissed if they didn't get both. I know that getting both is a pipe dream. I said that I'm going to be pissed if they don't get either one.

DumbHillbillies
04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I'lll wait for his final mock to get even a little excited. I've been hurt before. lol

the Talking Can
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM

you're not so dumb as to not have actually read what I've posted multiple times on the subject....you're just a whiny little bitch

spanky 52
04-12-2010, 11:26 AM
This. I am with you. A couple other thoughts:
If we pass on Clausen, I will wonder if it was because Weis didn't think he is a franchise QB or if he was overruled. If we pick Berry, it won't matter much, but I will still wonder.

The only disappointing thing for me in picking Clausen is that it will probably mean we won't be able to snag Tate with so many defensive needs. I'm not a ND homer, but everything I see and hear about Tate makes me want to take him to address our need for WR + KR/PR.
If we pass on Clausen we'll never know if Weis was overruled. If we do pick Clausen it will say a lot about Pioli.

Each passing day I read more about Tate and would be fine taking him at 36 if he were still there. If we start with Berry in the first and then Tate with the first pick in the second, I would think most Chief fans would be happy.

ToxSocks
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
If we pass on Clausen we'll never know if Weis was overruled. If we do pick Clausen it will say a lot about Pioli.

Each passing day I read more about Tate and would be fine taking him at 36 if he were still there. If we start with Berry in the first and then Tate with the first pick in the second, I would think most Chief fans would be happy.

Pfff.....they better be happy. You can't really ask for much more than that.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd be fucking ecstatic with Berry and Tate.

AustinChief
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Last year his mocks went 1st(his board) Curry, 2nd(need)J Smith 3rd(what he thinks will happen)T Jackson

SO.. I imagine this year we will see Berry, Clausen and then finally the random dude we end up taking (probably Dan Williams)

BigChiefFan
04-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I think this is his "team's needs" mock. I think he's fairly accurate in most of the approach, but I have to say, he's got a few reaches in the first round, IMO.

CupidStunt
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Last year his mocks went 1st(his board) Curry, 2nd(need)J Smith 3rd(what he thinks will happen)T Jackson

SO.. I imagine this year we will see Berry, Clausen and then finally the random dude we end up taking (probably Dan Williams)

Gosselin isn't going to give KC a QB in his "need" mock. I'd expect Bulaga there. National folks basically think Albert sucks at LT and will work elsewhere on the OL, therefore meaning LT is a big need.

Dan Williams would make sense as his "need" pick, but he seems to like picking different guys 1-2-3, perhaps to blur the player he'll mock in his final edition.

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM

wow ... no small expectations hereI like how the only people who have brought up Mark Sanchez in the past year since the last draft are:

1. Raised on DarthCarlSatan
2. People accusing the people who wanted Sanchez to be drafted last year of pining for Sanchez nonstop

Mecca talks about why an offensive tackle is a bad move this year. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

Hamas talks about how awful of a pick Tyson Jackson was. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

And now here. Pestilence talks about how he really wants the Chiefs to take Clausen WITHOUT so much as bringing up last year's draft. Not once in the thread. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

I usually don't engage in these pissing matches between the "factions" of the board, but from what I can see, anybody labeled a "Sanchez nuthugger" didn't even bring up Mark Sanchez as the topic of conversation. And that's the majority of the time. Yes, the MAJORITY. It's people like you that bring him up as a reason why other people are wrong and/or being dickbags.

If I were you, I'd get over Mark Sanchez.

OnTheWarpath15
04-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I like how the only people who have brought up Mark Sanchez in the past year since the last draft are:

2. People accusing the people who wanted Sanchez to be drafted last year of pining for Sanchez nonstop

Mecca talks about why an offensive tackle is a bad move this year. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

Hamas talks about how awful of a pick Tyson Jackson was. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

And now here. Pestilence talks about how he really wants the Chiefs to take Clausen WITHOUT so much as bringing up last year's draft. Not once in the thread. The response: "Get over Sanchez."

I usually don't engage in these pissing matches between the "factions" of the board, but from what I can see, anybody labeled a "Sanchez nuthugger" didn't even bring up Mark Sanchez as the topic of conversation. And that's the majority of the time. Yes, the MAJORITY. It's people like you that bring him up as a reason why other people are wrong and/or being dickbags.

QFMFT.

Rep.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I like how the only people who have brought up Mark Sanchez in the past year since the last draft are:

:clap:

REP

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
QFMFT.

Rep.

If we started a sub-forum that only you, Dane, Hamas and Mecca posted in...and the lackeys of your choice...would you all just stay in there and leave the rest of us alone?

AustinChief
04-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Gosselin isn't going to give KC a QB in his "need" mock. I'd expect Bulaga there. National folks basically think Albert sucks at LT and will work elsewhere on the OL, therefore meaning LT is a big need.

Dan Williams would make sense as his "need" pick, but he seems to like picking different guys 1-2-3, perhaps to blur the player he'll mock in his final edition.

I bet he DOES go QB... last year he went LT when few would've called that a need... we will see in a week.

Chiefnj2
04-12-2010, 01:13 PM

You honestly think the only people to bring up Sanchez in the past year are ROR and people like Laz who were sick of the drafturbators?

OnTheWarpath15
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
If we started a sub-forum that only you, Dane, Hamas and Mecca posted in...and the lackeys of your choice...would you all just stay in there and leave the rest of us alone?

That's fucking hilarious coming from the guy that posted this:

and yeah, it does seem like the lopsided trade offer of the year but kudos to the Jets...

Still has NOTHING to do with Pioli...the Steelers made some sort of panic move and jumped on the first offer they got...Jets win, everyone else's loss I suppose.

But I guess it gave Dane/Mecca/OTWP and Hamas 300 posts of Pioli bashing so YAY!!!!

In a 400+ post thread that Hamas posted in ONCE, and I haven't posted in AT ALL.

LMAO

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Would it mean that I would never have to see your posts about roofies and pissing again?

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
That's ****ing hilarious coming from the guy that posted this:

In a 400+ post thread that Hamas posted in ONCE, and I haven't posted in AT ALL.

LMAO

Well I guess Dane took care of your part...and Hamas stated something along the lines of "it's a good thing Phil won today or I'd be blah blah blah blah"...

When Dane posts, or you post, or Hamas posts it all meshes together...so Dane's bitching made up for your lack of presence.

Mecca is the only one out of you guys that has original thoughts and posts how he really feels about things...

You, Dane and Hamas are the same poster...well, I'd say you're the least relevant of the three...Dane has Hollywood and Hamas has hate...so you're definitely the wannabe of the three...but you try to be like them at least.

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
You honestly think the only people to bring up Sanchez in the past year are ROR and people like Laz who were sick of the drafturbators?The majority of the time, yes. 90%+.

It's childish antics from people who hate Sanchez. Most of the Mark Sanchez people from last year weren't even that excited about him as a fabulous prospect. Several were, because Sanchez has a lot going for him. But what Sanchez WAS to them, was 1. VALUE at #3 overall and 2. A CHANGE from the way this franchise has been run since 1970. A much-needed change, certainly.

But the pick didn't happen. We took Tyson Jackson instead. Those people bitch about Tyson Jackson because he was SUCH a shitty pick. Mark Sanchez, BJ Raji, Aaron Curry..... Jesus Fuck even Eugene Monroe would have been a better fucking pick. When those people bring up Sanchez, it's in reference to how shitty the Jackson pick was... not necessarily that Sanchez is going to be an all-world beater and dominate the NFL. Though it appears he's got a bright future ahead for him.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM

Dude....you have got to be one of the most worthless posters on this board. I bicker back and forth with a lot of posters, like Laz, but he actually has an opinion and brings something to this board.

You on the other hand....don't bring shit to the Planet. Your posts consist of the following:

1. Mention Dane/Hamas/OTW58 or Mecca in each one of your posts.
2. Pissing
3. Racial slurs
4. Halo
5. Repeat #1
6. Anytime something happens.....bring up the fact that you talked about it first and got neg repped.

I find it funny that when you stop posting for a while.....no one starts a Where's Hootie thread. But when Mecca is gone.....he got his own thread. That should tell you everything you need to know about how the posters around here feel about you.

OnTheWarpath15
04-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Well I guess Dane took care of your part...and Hamas stated something along the lines of "it's a good thing Phil won today or I'd be blah blah blah blah"...

When Dane posts, or you post, or Hamas posts it all meshes together...so Dane's bitching made up for your lack of presence.

Mecca is the only one out of you guys that has original thoughts and posts how he really feels about things...

You, Dane and Hamas are the same poster...well, I'd say you're the least relevant of the three...Dane has Hollywood and Hamas has hate...so you're definitely the wannabe of the three...but you try to be like them at least.

Oh noes, Hootie of all people think I'm irrelevant. So much so that he mentioned my numerous "bitching" posts in a thread I hadn't posted in.

And you're in OUR heads?

LMAO

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I haven't posted anything about Halo in months. I've been playing NBA2K10 lately...that game is severely flawed though.

And I have never stopped posting for a while? I have never been a big poster other than during the Chiefs season and on game days...during the off season I rarely ever post...the only reason I posted last off season was because the place where I worked closed down and I had nothing better to do...now I have class and work 35 hours a week so I am never around.

RealSNR
Oh noes, Hootie of all people think I'm irrelevant. So much so that he mentioned my numerous "bitching" posts in a thread I hadn't posted in.

And you're in OUR heads?

LMAODidn't he cry his eyes all over your irrelevant ass when he wasn't selected as an owner for the mock draft?

spanky 52
I sense that most people on here respect Gosselin's mocks. What happens if in the need's mock he says we need a LT? That would be a kick in the nuts wouldn't it.

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Didn't he cry his eyes all over your irrelevant ass when he wasn't selected as an owner for the mock draft?

The amount of sleep I lost that week was definitely noticeable...I didn't know what it was at the time, but now it all makes sense. Thanks.

RealSNR
I sense that most people on here respect Gosselin's mocks. What happens if in the need's mock he says we need a LT? That would be a kick in the nuts wouldn't it.I don't think that will happen. We also need a fucking safety.

RealSNR
The amount of sleep I lost that week was definitely noticeable...I didn't know what it was at the time, but now it all makes sense. Thanks.Just glad to see you're your normal healthy self

CupidStunt
04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I sense that most people on here respect Gosselin's mocks. What happens if in the need's mock he says we need a LT? That would be a kick in the nuts wouldn't it.

People respect his contacts much more than his opinion. Mocks 1 and 2 are worthless for the purpose of figuring out who KC may draft.

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM

And you're in OUR heads?

LMAO

You know as well as I do that Dane took care of your end in that thread...

I got home from work around 9, took a nap until around 3 AM...woke up, logged on, saw that thread title...saw like 500 posts...and already knew exactly what had happened...

My fault though...when I read Dane over and over and over and don't look at the avatar on the left as I'm skimming through you and him really do clash together...that has to make sense to you, at least? You have similar posting styles and the exact same views on everything.

spanky 52
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
For what it's worth I hope the draft follows his first mock.

DaWolf
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll be excited with whatever gets us back in the playoffs (playmakers, playmakers, playmakers)...

Hootie
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm all for Berry or Clausen...but I just have a feeling that if we did end up with Berry he'd end up being Glenn Dorsey version 2...

All sorts of hype...nothing really that noticeable on the field.

Just part of being a Chiefs fan.

I'd rather have Clausen...he may bust, but at least we went down swinging.

The Bad Guy
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm all for Berry or Clausen...but I just have a feeling that if we did end up with Berry he'd end up being Glenn Dorsey version 2...

All sorts of hype...nothing really that noticeable on the field.

Just part of being a Chiefs fan.

I'd rather have Clausen...he may bust, but at least we went down swinging.

Let's also be real here. Crennel is the first real defensive coordinator we've had since Bill Cowher.

Tribal Warfare
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM

No, it would be the " what will likely happen" mock is when everybody will go ballistic with Gosselin's inside sources right before the draft.

the Talking Can
04-12-2010, 04:35 PM

no

you don't understand anything about Gosselin, his contacts, or the purpose of his mocks, do you?

Ralphy Boy
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah....because having 3 Top 5 picks and not coming away with a QB is ****ing outstanding.

Cassel, by all counts, looks like a bust but they traded a high 2nd round pick last year to get him, so I can't fault them for not taking a QB last year. Feel free to say they were wrong about trading for him, but his first year starting (2008) stats were great compared to some of the best QB's in the league.

Everyone loses sight of it, but McDaniels burned his relationship with Cutler over Cassel and most media outlets hailed us for making the trade at the time. Now they bash us because he played like crap.

Outside of Stafford, there wasn't one QB worth taking in the top 10, let alone at 3, IMO. You simply don't give up that high of a pick for a QB with one college season of starting experience. Granted Sanchez started more in college, but Cassel started in the NFL and did a good job in 2008. He was a MUCH safer pick in the 2nd than Sanchez was at #3. Yes I realize I said "safer".

Not that TJ was worth taking at 3, he sucks.

I do find it funny when someone will bag on Cassel but stick up for Albert and make excuses for him that they would not make for Cassel.

Pioli's first year here sucked. I think we would all agree on that. 2010 looks much better so far; re-signing Chambers, not re-signing Brown, signing Jones, Lilja & Weigmann, adding Weis & Crennell.

ChiefsCountry
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I do find it funny when someone will bag on Cassel but stick up for Albert and make excuses for him that they would not make for Cassel.

Albert is a 2 year player not a 28 year old benchwarmer.

Ralphy Boy
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Just highlighting the ones I want to talk about:
12. Miami Dolphins:
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Can help Dolphins cover Wes Welker

14. Seattle Seahawks:
Ryan Mathews, HB, Fresno State
Seahawks rushed for only 7 TDs in 2009

15. New York Giants:
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Not re-signing Fred Robbins opens spot

25. Baltimore Ravens:
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
A good player always slides to Ravens

26. Arizona Cardinals:
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Departure of Anquan Boldin leaves void

On Miami: I get his rationale (if Pioli takes a safety then Parcells is just as likely to) but I can't see Dan Williams getting past them. If he did and he went to the Giants, they would be greatly improved.

Seahawks taking Mathews over Spiller?

Bryant to the Ravens after they added Stallworth & Boldin? Actually seems like a good fit.

Thomas to Arizona with their O-line issues makes no sense. Breaston & Doucet are very good.

DTLB58
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I'll be excited with whatever gets us back in the playoffs (playmakers, playmakers, playmakers)...

I agree, The word of the day outta be just that....Playmakers!

evolve27
04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
The Texans are huge winners in this mock.

Saul Good
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
The Texans are huge winners in this mock.

Yep. So are the Ravens.

ChiefsCountry
04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Outside of Stafford, there wasn't one QB worth taking in the top 10, let alone at 3, IMO. You simply don't give up that high of a pick for a QB with one college season of starting experience. Granted Sanchez started more in college, but Cassel started in the NFL and did a good job in 2008. He was a MUCH safer pick in the 2nd than Sanchez was at #3. Yes I realize I said "safer".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
when people say the chiefs have had high pick the last 3 year and haven't gotten a QB, what do you think they are referring to?

we people make remarks like "another 5-tech DE" what do you think they are really bitching about?

we people say "you can't pass on a QBotF again" what in the holy fuck do you think they are talking about?

seriously you can be this blind to the meaning behind the comments

Mecca,Dane,Milkman,TC,Pestilence,Hamas,ChiefsCountry,OTW,ROR(who IS Darthcarlsatan btw) have done almost nothing but find new ways to bitch about the fact that Pioli passed on Sanchez for the last 12 months.

everytime they say Pioli drafting sucks is because he passed on the guy they wanted.

naive much?

Mecca
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Uh dude, Tyson Jackson is a fucking awful pick, there is no way to defend it.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Mecca,Dane,Milkman,TC,Pestilence,Hamas,ChiefsCountry,OTW,ROR(who IS Darthcarlsatan btw) have done almost nothing but find new ways to bitch about the fact that Pioli passed on Sanchez for the last 12 months.

everytime they say Pioli drafting sucks is because he passed on the guy they wanted.

naive much?

Fucking idiot much?

I've said it over and over and over and over, but just for your tiny, child-like, retarded fucking mind, I'll say it again:

Pioli could have taken Oher, Maclin, Cushing, Matthews or Harvin on draft day and people would have bitched. The problem is that "people" would be wrong: Those guys were ALL fucking studs that seriously outplayed their draft position.

Pioli OTOH, chose Tyson Fucking Jackson, a 5-tech, 3-4 DE at #3 overall.

#3 OVERALL.

There wasn't much difference last year between Jackson and Magee, who was taken in the third round!

Add to the fact that Pioli whiffed on the Cassel trade, chose Donald Fucking Washington over a WR like Louis Murphy, took a right tackle that didn't even have a profile on NFL.com and was quickly moved to guard, and you're looking at a DISASTROUS 2009 draft.

It's ALL of the above, you stupid DUMBFUCK, not just ONE pick.

notorious
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
We should have picked Sanchez. At least the Chiefs would have had a chance at become something special.

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 09:43 PM
when people say the chiefs have had high pick the last 3 year and haven't gotten a QB, what do you think they are referring to?

we people make remarks like "another 5-tech DE" what do you think they are really bitching about?

we people say "you can't pass on a QBotF again" what in the holy fuck do you think they are talking about?

seriously you can be this blind to the meaning behind the comments

naive much?Dane pretty much summed it up for me.

Pioli utterly botched this draft. It was awful. Shitty. Smelly. Farty. Poopy. It stunk. It's an abortion. You get my point, though..

Pioli took the #3 overall pick and he flushed it down the toilet along with 8 pounds of his own diarrhea. Tyson Jackson is fucking worthless because he's not even going to be Richard Seymour. And even if he does, that's not CLOSE to the kind of value you need at #3 overall.

THAT'S what the Four Horsemen, me, and other drafturbators bitch about when they are bitching about Pioli's draft. Passing on Sanchez is just a single premise in a long list of premises that prove why Pioli was a fucking apetard last year.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
THAT'S what the Four Horsemen, me, and other drafturbators bitch about when they are bitching about Pioli's draft. Passing on Sanchez is just a single premise in a long list of premises that prove why Pioli was a fucking apetard last year.

Am I one of the Four Horseman or am I a "Drafturbator" or am I both?

Is it possible to be both or is that just redundant?

notorious
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Dane pretty much summed it up for me.

Pioli utterly botched this draft. It was awful. Shitty. Smelly. Farty. Poopy. It stunk. It's an abortion. You get my point, though..

Pioli took the #3 overall pick and he flushed it down the toilet along with 8 pounds of his own diarrhea. Tyson Jackson is ****ing worthless because he's not even going to be Richard Seymour. And even if he does, that's not CLOSE to the kind of value you need at #3 overall.

THAT'S what the Four Horsemen, me, and other drafturbators bitch about when they are bitching about Pioli's draft. Passing on Sanchez is just a single premise in a long list of premises that prove why Pioli was a ****ing apetard last year.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

He can quote me anytime he likes

:D

Mecca
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I do enjoy how being honest about what the Chiefs are doing makes you negative, yes its the posters fault the Chiefs are dipshits.

notorious
04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
He can quote me anytime he likes

:D

A humble man does not need credit for one's greatness.

Humble is overated on CP.:)

Keep fighting the good fight. We are out-numbered according to the "Who likes Cassel" thread.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
A humble man does not need credit for one's greatness.

Humble is overated on CP.:)

Keep fighting the good fight. We are out-numbered according to the "Who likes Cassel" thread.

Quite honestly, there aren't five people that voted for Cassel in that thread whose opinion and perspective I respect.

That's not necessarily due to their opinion on Cassel, but their football takes overall.

Average, dumb fucking NFL fan.

notorious
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Quite honestly, there aren't five people that voted for Cassel in that thread whose opinion and perspective I respect.

That's not necessarily due to their opinion on Cassel, but their football takes overall.

Yep.

I see and talk to similar souls all of the time out here in the Broncos/Chiefs divide.

Dumb-****s galore.

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Am I one of the Four Horseman or am I a "Drafturbator" or am I both?

Is it possible to be both or is that just redundant?From what I can see, there are the posters that believe the Chiefs are shitty and will remain shitty if they continue down the current path. I guess those are the drafturbators.

Then there are the anti-drafturbators AKA true fans. True fans might not even like what Pioli is doing, but they hate the drafturbators for being so negative all the time and for hating on players like Cassel.

I didn't make up the Four Horsemen name, but yes, the Four Horsemen are drafturbators.

My only problem is you have a couple posters that are difficult to typecast. Saccopoo is one. What the hell is he? He disagrees with drafturbators and true fans alike. Hootie? What about the rival fans?

Hootie
04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm independent.

I call them EXACTLY how I see them without any agenda...

Dane/Hamas/and OTWP CLEARLY have an anti-Pioli agenda no matter what happens...

Mecca has always been a pessimist and really over the last year or so I've realized he doesn't really deserve to be lumped in with those other three.

Mecca
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Generally I call things as I see them, I don't just simply hate Pioli, I think his tenure to this point sucks however.

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm independent.

Mecca has always been a pessimist and really over the last year or so I've realized he doesn't really deserve to be lumped in with those other three.That's the thing. Pioli had such an awful offseason last year. It was god-awful. What did he do that would cause you to NOT be anti-Pioli at this point. I mean, you call them like you see them, correct? There's gotta be something Pioli has done that can make you see the possible good in him.

Hootie
04-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I said before last year even started Cassel/Pioli THE entire regime gets at least a year or two before I start judging anything...

Lets see what happens this draft and see how Cassel does the first half of next year before we start giving up on the FREAKING EXECUTIVE OF THE DECADE for christ's sake.

Hootie
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
and for all we know last years draft might end up being solid before it's all said and done...

Do I like Tyson Jackson right now?

No. Not at all.

Not ready to sell the farm quite yet.

Shit...Hamas had Pioli struck out in his first month on the job...it's idiotic...

RealSNR
04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I said before last year even started Cassel/Pioli THE entire regime gets at least a year or two before I start judging anything...

Lets see what happens this draft and see how Cassel does the first half of next year before we start giving up on the FREAKING EXECUTIVE OF THE DECADE for christ's sake.So you don't "call it like you see it", then.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Shit...Hamas had Pioli struck out in his first month on the job...it's idiotic...

Yeah, because Pioli's actions since then have proved otherwise.

:shake:

I KNOW you're not this dumb.

Hootie
04-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Yeah, because Pioli's actions since then have proved otherwise.

:shake:

I KNOW you're not this dumb.

We'll see after 2010...

BigChiefFan
04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
That's just it. Pioli inherited a TWO WIN TEAM. TWO FUCKING WINS. A team that hasn't won a playoff game in FIFTEEN YEARS, but some wave the white flag one season into it-that's why some get sick of hearing the constant yammering of negativity, because it's UNREALISTIC to expect much more than last year's product. To the naysayers, how did he exactly screw up our future? He hasn't.

philfree
04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
That's just it. Pioli inherited a TWO WIN TEAM. TWO ****ING WINS. A team that hasn't won a playoff game in FIFTEEN YEARS, but some wave the white flag one season into it-that's why some get sick of hearing the constant yammering of negativity, because it's UNREALISTIC to expect much more than last year's product. To the naysayers, how did he exactly screw up our future? He hasn't.

No kiddin'.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hammock Parties
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
To the naysayers, how did he exactly screw up our future? He hasn't.

By hitching his wagon to Cassel, if it results in passing on Sanchez and Clausen in back to back years, while Cassel shits the bed, then yes, he has definitely screwed up the future.

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2010, 10:39 AM
By hitching his wagon to Cassel, if it results in passing on Sanchez and Clausen in back to back years, while Cassel shits the bed, then yes, he has definitely screwed up the future.

Bringing in close to 50 players via the draft and FA, and hitting on TWO of them usually isn't a real positive either.

You can't swing and miss that many times if you're an 8-8 team, much less a 2-14 team.

Hell, as little talent as was on this roster, you'd think it would have been EASIER to find upgrades.

All I know is that Pioli better have put Herm on his Christmas card list, because Herm's players are the only reason this team won 4 games last year.

Executive of the Decade, eh?

No excuses. Get it done.

Coogs
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Just highlighting the ones I want to talk about:

On Miami: I get his rationale (if Pioli takes a safety then Parcells is just as likely to) but I can't see Dan Williams getting past them. If he did and he went to the Giants, they would be greatly improved.

Seahawks taking Mathews over Spiller?

Bryant to the Ravens after they added Stallworth & Boldin? Actually seems like a good fit.

Thomas to Arizona with their O-line issues makes no sense. Breaston & Doucet are very good.

His first mock draft is based solely off of his draft board. Don't read too much into anything here other than who he has ranked in his top 32 players.

The Franchise
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm independent.

Mecca has always been a pessimist and really over the last year or so I've realized he doesn't really deserve to be lumped in with those other three.

Yep...so that would explain why Dane was happy with the Weis hiring. :rolleyes: