PDA

View Full Version : The BCD's April Mock (Chiefs)

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 10:39 AM
1. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska – Detroit opts for Okung causing the suprising fall of Suh to #5. Torn between Clausen and Suh, KC elects to wait 1 more year before drafting the QBOTF.

2A. Jerry Hughes – Vrabel is all but done, and needing a another pass rushing LB to play opposite Hali in the future Hughes is too good to pass up.

2B. Vladamir Ducasse – You get a major upgrade at RT right here to solidify the line. If he fails at tackle, then he can be moved inside to play guard once Waters is gone.

3. Morgan Burnett – Reaches the top of the 3rd round and with McGraw and Brown manning the safety positions last year Burnett adds much needed speed and athleticism to the secondary.

4. Brandon Spikes – Slow 40 time kills Spikes draft stock, but he can still bring much needed toughness and leadership to the middle of the defense.

5A. Jordan Shipley – Shipley might be able to step in and play the slot right away with Chambers and Bowe. Wes Welker? No. Brandon Stokely? Maybe

5B. Eric Olson – Watches behind Weigman for a year.

5C. Phillip Dillard – A guy that give some depth at MLB and cover some kicks.

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
No chance Suh falls to us, and if he does, we'll have plenty of suitors to trade with.

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm not sold that Suh can't play NT in a 3-4, so that may not necessarily mean Dorsey will be traded. Here is what I project out as the defense after this draft.

RDE - Dorsey
NT - Suh
LDE- TJ
ROLB - Hali
ILB - DJ
ILB - Spikes
LOLB - Hughes
RCB - Flowers
SS - Page
FS - Burnett
LCB - Carr

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Awesome.

Three straight Top 5 picks used on 3-4 DE's.

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Awesome.

Three straight Top 5 picks used on 3-4 DE's.

Suh either plays NT, or you trade Dorsey for a 2nd. There just isn't value anywhere else except NT and QB at 5 IMO if the draft falls this way and you have Okung at 2 and Williams at 4.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Suh is a 3-4 RDE imo

if this senario were to happen we should immediately trade Dorsey to get a NT in the draft.

ie trade Dorsey for a 2nd or 3rd pick and grab Cam Thomas or package Dorsey with a draft pick and trade back into the 1st round for Dan Williams.

i think Suh would make a fine 3-4 RDE ... but we MUST use Dorsey to get a NT then.

Reaper16
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not sold that Suh can't play NT in a 3-4, so that may not necessarily mean Dorsey will be traded. Here is what I project out as the defense after this draft.

RDE - Dorsey
NT - Suh
LDE- TJ
ROLB - Hali
ILB - DJ
ILB - Spikes
LOLB - Hughes
RCB - Flowers
SS - Page
FS - Burnett
LCB - Carr
Suh isn't going to play NT in a two-gap Bellichick (Fairbanks-Bullough) style 3-4. That is a waste of his talents.

spanky 52
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
If Detroit goes OL, there's a possibility Suh might drop to us. Might give us leverage in a trade down. I like the Hughes, Burnett, Spikes and Olsen picks.

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Suh is a 3-4 RDE imo

if this senario were to happen we should immediately trade Dorsey to get a NT in the draft.

ie trade Dorsey for a 2nd or 3rd pick and grab Cam Thomas or package Dorsey with a draft pick and trade back into the 1st round for Dan Williams.

i think Suh would make a fine 3-4 RDE ... but we MUST use Dorsey to get a NT then.

I like that idea a lot.

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Suh isn't going to play NT in a two-gap Bellichick style 3-4. That is a waste of his talents.

Understatement of the year.

I really question if people have any fucking clue what a NT does in BB's 2-gap scheme.

Marco Polo
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
How about we just change to a 4-3 if we get Suh? Put Hali and Jackson on the edges, Dorsey and Suh in the middle?

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
How about we just change to a 4-3 if we get Suh? Put Hali and Jackson on the edges, Dorsey and Suh in the middle?

I think it's a great idea and fits our personnel better , but I don't think they hired Romeo to run a 4-3.

OnTheWarpath15
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Suh is a 3-4 RDE imo

That doesn't change the fact that you've just wasted yet another Top 5 pick on an unimportant (value wise) position.

Keep Dorsey, use the 5th pick on a goddamn playmaker, and if you want a NT that fucking bad, use your R3 or R4 pick on Linval Joseph, Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup.

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
That doesn't change the fact that you've just wasted yet another Top 5 pick on an unimportant (value wise) position.

Keep Dorsey, use the 5th pick on a goddamn playmaker, and if you want a NT that ****ing bad, use your R3 or R4 pick on Linval Joseph, Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup.

If you are thinking Clausen that makes sense and I agree, if you are thinking Berry I just don't see Piloi every picking a safety or Offensive Tackle that high for that matter. New England loved taking 1st round D-line when Pioli was there and did the same when he came here. I'm just following the trend. If it's not Suh, then it's probably Dan Williams.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Keep Dorsey, use the 5th pick on a goddamn playmaker, and if you want a NT that fucking bad, use your R3 or R4 pick on Linval Joseph, Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup.
hey ... it wasn't my idea to end up with Suh

i was just saying that "IF" that was to happen then we must take the opportunity to completely change over our Dline to finally fit a 3-4 .

Ndamukong Suh, Alex Magee
Dan Williams, Shaun Smith
Tyson Jackson, Wallace Gilberry

would at least be a true 3-4 Dline

philfree
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM

Keep Dorsey, use the 5th pick on a goddamn playmaker, and if you want a NT that ****ing bad, use your R3 or R4 pick on Linval Joseph, Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup.

Wasted a pick becasuse of taking Suh? LOL Positional value is over valued sometimes. Trade Dorsey for a late 1st or a 2nd and use that pick to get a NT or a playmaking OLB. Heck we'd have the ammo to trade back up into the first if we wanted. I have nothing against Dorsey but isn't the idea to build the best team you can?

PhilFree:arrow:

MoreLemonPledge
04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd also like to think that Dorsey is worth a 2nd, but he's probably not.

The Franchise
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't see how Tampa Bay passes on Suh at #3 if he's there. Not. Gonna. Happen.

The Bad Guy
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Wasted a pick becasuse of taking Suh? LOL Positional value is over valued sometimes. Trade Dorsey for a late 1st or a 2nd and use that pick to get a NT or a playmaking OLB. Heck we'd have the ammo to trade back up into the first if we wanted. I have nothing against Dorsey but isn't the idea to build the best team you can?

PhilFree:arrow:

The minute you select Suh, Dorsey's value drops like a stone.

You aren't getting a late first for him either. I don't see why everyone wants to ride him out of town when his coaching has come from 2 horrid DC's and a equally horrible line coach.

InChiefsHeaven
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Why does everyone think that McCoy would go ahead of Suh?

BigCatDaddy
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Why does everyone think that McCoy would go ahead of Suh?

The arguement is that he is a better fit for the Bucs defense. A better penetrating DT.

Ralphy Boy
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Suh is a 3-4 RDE imo

Problem with that scenario is Williams is gone no later than 12 to Miami.

milkman
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Understatement of the year.

I really question if people have any ****ing clue what a NT does in BB's 2-gap scheme.

Wait.

I know.

They get pushed out of the play by a single blocker so that our already mediocre ILBs can look even more inept than they actually are.

I know, cause I saw it on the Chiefs last year, so that must be his job.