PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs And in the 2010 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select...Glenn Dorsey?

T-post Tom
04-13-2010, 10:49 PM
And in the 2010 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select...Glenn Dorsey?
by Andrew Wiggins

The race is on and the prize is one of the two most dominant defensive tackles to come out of college football since Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson or...well, Glenn Dorsey. Of course I am referring to Nebraska phenom Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma standout Gerald McCoy. Both young men are loaded with the skill, talent and all the intangibles necessary to succeed in the NFL.

But, let's get back to this whole Glenn Dorsey thing. Dorsey was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs as the fifth overall draft pick out of LSU in 2008. At the time he was what Suh and McCoy are right now...the greatest defensive line prospect in recent NFL history. His accolades, in college, were as follows

•Two time First-team All-SEC (2006, 2007)
•Two time First-team All-American (2006, 2007)
•SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2007)
•Lombardi Award (2007)
•Outland Trophy (2007)
•Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2007)
•Lott Trophy (2007

Dorsey was a can't miss prospect right? Right? It seemed so. Fans in KC were ecstatic to have this monster as the anchor for their defensive line for years to come. In two full seasons he has amassed 100 tackles and two sacks playing from both the tackle and defensive end positions. Not exactly setting the world on fire. Dorsey is more well suited to play in a 4-3 defense like the one he was drafted into. Todd Hsaley's Chiefs have adopted the 3-4 for which Dorsey is not as well suited.

I may have an amicable solution to the supposed Dorsey issue. Ship him to the Lions. Swap the second overall to the Chiefs for the fifth overall, Dorsey and maybe a late pick or two. This reduces contract strain on the team, allows KC to get either Okung or Suh and the Lions can still draft the best available player at a position of need; Eric Berry, Joe Haen, C.J. Spiller, etc.

Dorsey, when reunited with his old Defensive Coordinator and the 4-3 defensive scheme, just may come into his own. Even if he does not he would be a more than competent starter on the Lions defensive line for years to come. The risk is no less with Suh or McCoy and this allows Detroit to not have to worry about drafting DT in the early rounds and the ridiculous contract that accompanies a second overall draft choice. Rather, they can focus on RB and defensive backs, their true positions of need.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377778-and-in-the-2010-nfl-draft-the-detroit-lions-selectglenn-dorsey

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
JFC.

:facepalm:

Bugeater
04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Goddamnit Tom, stop posting shit from that site.

RippedmyFlesh
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
JFC.

So detroit would have dorsey AND berry and we okung..:eek:

Saccopoo
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Makes sense to me. As long as it's the Chiefs getting the late pick or two. We'd be a lock to get Okung and could move Magee into the five tech slot and make him a true three down player.

notorious
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Makes sense to me. As long as it's the Chiefs getting the late pick or two. We'd be a lock to get Okung and could move Magee into the five tech slot and make him a true three down player.

Now you are doing it on purpose. Stop it.

RippedmyFlesh
04-13-2010, 11:12 PM

http://shop.upsidedowninc.com/images/images.sc(2).jpeg

Saccopoo
04-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Now you are doing it on purpose. Stop it.

Fine.

Fucking killjoy.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2010, 11:13 PM

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM

Magee is a rotational player, at best. Maybe he'll grow into a starting role but right now, he's not a very good 5 tech.

Okung would be a wasted pick. I'm not sure why you're obsessing on him but he's a total waste and would make the Weigman & Lilja acquisitions worthless because Branden Albert is in no way, shape or form, a right tackle, regardless of douchetards that write for CBS Sportsline, SI or Sporting News. When have those fuckfaces EVER been right about ANYTHING regarding the Chiefs and their personnel?

Unlike some of the other forum members, I think you need to START smoking crack to chill out and get a different perspective.

Toke up.

Titty Meat
04-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Only people who don't watch college football would compare Dorsey to Suh.

Chiefs=Champions
04-13-2010, 11:21 PM

Dante84
04-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Now that's the biggest ass-raping I've ever heard of.

We'll give you a former 5th overall (going into his 3rd year)
AND
our current 5th overall

FOR

Your 2nd overall
AND
*maybe* a late round pick

Because the 2nd overall would help us a lot more that the 5th overall.
Because our team is not cheap and we would like to pick up a bigger contract.
Because we are really deep on the D-line, and can afford to give up Dorsey.
Because we want a 4-3 D-Tackle in our 3-4 system.
Or a QB that could be had at 5 overall, or later.
Or an OT that could be had at 5 overall, or one very similar could be had at that spot.
Or a Safety that could be had at 5 overall.
AND
Because we couldn't live with out you *maybe* giving us a late round pick.

Thanks, Detroit! Please wipe your cum off our butts before you leave. Or don't. Either way is cool with us.

T-post Tom
04-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Goddamnit Tom, stop posting shit from that site.

Just trying to keep the conversation lively. ;)

T-post Tom
04-13-2010, 11:25 PM

AND
our current 5th overall

FOR

Your 2nd overall
AND

Or an OT that could be had at 5 overall, or one very similar could be had at that spot.
AND

Thanks, Detroit! Please wipe your cum off our butts before you leave. Or don't. Either way is cool with us.

This was written by a Lions fan.

Miles
04-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Ender Wiggens needs to go back to being a fictional character that isn't a dumbass.

Dante84
04-13-2010, 11:28 PM
This was written by a Lions fan.

I know. My post was a hypothetical response to him. I don't feel like signing up for that cesspool of a website to post a comment that would probably get deleted.

Saccopoo
04-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Only people who don't watch college football would compare Dorsey to Suh.

Fucking awesome sauce!

Don't ever give up the schtick Billay. Ever.

RippedmyFlesh
04-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Detroit fans make kc true fans look like draftabators

" If the masses will recall, it was this time last season that I was decrying the likely (and inevitable, as it turned out) selection of Matthew Stafford. I wasn’t the only one; so much of the fanbase agreed, Stafford’s greeting to the NFL and the Detroit Lions was a resounding jeer on draft day.

And why were Lions fans so unhappy with the selection? Because most of them wanted an offensive lineman (Jason Smith), or a linebacker (Aaron Curry)."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377869-detroit-lions-2010-draft-russell-okung-and-the-difference-a-year-makes

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2010, 11:33 PM

AND
our current 5th overall

FOR

Your 2nd overall
AND

AND

Plus we'll give you that former 5 when he's ready to peak, and we've paid the bulk of his top 5 contract. It's fucking brilliant.

Saccopoo
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Toke up.

I've never tried it, but doesn't smoking crack make you the opposite of chill?

Besides, I get psychotic when I smoke weed.

I think I'll just stick to the three cans of Red Bull before I hit the sack.

Hey, I just think Okung is prototype for the left tackle position in the modern NFL. I think he'll be utterly dominant for the next decade, and even if he isn't the reincarnation of Walter Jones, I think he'll be pretty close. And I also think that Albert would be an All-Pro level performer at left guard (not right tackle), which we need to look at in terms of replacing because Waters was dog doodie there last season. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

It's all hypothetical anyway, as whatever anyone says on this site doesn't mean one little piece of jack squat to Pioli & Co.

DaneMcCloud
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Hey, I just think Okung is prototype for the left tackle position in the modern NFL. I think he'll be utterly dominant for the next decade, and even if he isn't the reincarnation of Walter Jones, I think he'll be pretty close. And I also think that Albert would be an All-Pro level performer at left guard (not right tackle), which we need to look at in terms of replacing because Waters was dog doodie there last season. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

It's all hypothetical anyway, as whatever anyone says on this site doesn't mean one little piece of jack squat to Pioli & Co.

It's all good, Sac. I was just teasing.

Even though I disagree with all of your takes this offseason regarding the draft, Okung and whatnot, you're good in my book.

Keep fighting the fight, as we'll all now the final outcome in eleven days.

Saccopoo
04-14-2010, 12:11 AM
It's all good, Sac. I was just teasing.

Even though I disagree with all of your takes this offseason regarding the draft, Okung and whatnot, you're good in my book.

Keep fighting the fight, as we'll all now the final outcome in eleven days.

All of them?

http://carcat.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sad_puppy_762581.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
04-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Please make it stop.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Detroit fans make kc true fans look like draftabators

" If the masses will recall, it was this time last season that I was decrying the likely (and inevitable, as it turned out) selection of Matthew Stafford. I wasn’t the only one; so much of the fanbase agreed, Stafford’s greeting to the NFL and the Detroit Lions was a resounding jeer on draft day.

And why were Lions fans so unhappy with the selection? Because most of them wanted an offensive lineman (Jason Smith), or a linebacker (Aaron Curry)."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377869-detroit-lions-2010-draft-russell-okung-and-the-difference-a-year-makes

That is the average NFL fan in a nutshell. Yearning for a guy that looks like a career RT and 4-3 OLB. :whackit: Even with taking Stafford they had thier chance at a legit LT last year and passed on him for Pettigrew.

beach tribe
04-14-2010, 07:20 AM

I think it's brilliant to essentially use a top 15 pick on LG.
I can't believe people will say a 28 yr old Cassel needs another year, and a third year LT with all the talent in the world, should be moved to G. It just boggles the mind.

DBOSHO
04-14-2010, 07:31 AM
What time is the draft on both days? And is it rounds 1&2 the first day and the rest the 2nd dAy?

notorious
04-14-2010, 07:34 AM
What time is the draft on both days? And is it rounds 1&2 the first day and the rest the 2nd dAy?

Thursday night 6:30 Central 1st round

Friday night 5pm Central 2nd round

Saturday will be the rest.

Full implosion to occur on CP between 6:45 and 7:15pm Thursday night.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Thursday night 6:30 Central 1st round

Friday night 5pm Central 2nd round

Saturday will be the rest.

Full implosion to occur on CP between 6:45 and 7:15pm Thursday night.

Not quite correct.

Rounds 2 and 3 will take place on Friday night.

4-7 on Saturday.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
First, Dorsey made a difference last year. No, he wasn't the impact player from a stats perspective, but when he was out of the game, it was glaring. The Chiefs were much better up front with Dorsey despite the fact that he is playing out of his natural position.

Second, if anything, the Chiefs will be trying to drop back, not move up.

Third, neither of the top two DT's fit the 3-4 much better than Dorsey IMO.

If I were a Lions fan, I would be praying the Chiefs were this stupid. I, for one, do not think that they are. I have no issue trading Dorsey for even a second round pick, but the Chiefs do not need to move higher in the draft to get the guard they have their eye on.

notorious
04-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Not quite correct.

4-7 on Saturday.

You are right.

My mistake, I read over the info too quickly.

Thanks

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
You are right.

My mistake, I read over the info too quickly.

Thanks

No worries.

:thumb:

MoreLemonPledge
04-14-2010, 08:18 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/8/31/633873084683784740-FacepalmYouredoingitwrong.jpg

CoMoChief
04-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Can't we all just get along?

Coogs
04-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Dorsey and #5 for their #2 and #34 and I might consider it.

Dorsey, #5, and more late round picks for their #2. :shake:

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
we are not using Dorsey to trade up 3 spots in the 1st round, gawd dammit. :banghead:

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Dorsey and #5 for their #2 and #34 and I might consider it.

i might do that

milkman
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Not quite correct.

4-7 on Saturday.

As long as the NFL has to change the format and get the draft on primetime, I would be fine with doing it Thursday through Sunday.

!st round Thurs night, 2nd Friday, 3rd-4th Sat, and the final three rounds on Sunday.

Fact is, though, I hate it that it isn't simply Sat and Sun still.

notorious
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
As long as the NFL has to change the format and get the draft on primetime, I would be fine with doing it Thursday through Sunday.

!st round Thurs night, 2nd Friday, 3rd-4th Sat, and the final three rounds on Sunday.

Fact is, though, I hate it that it isn't simply Sat and Sun still.

I was thinking about throwing together a draft party, but that Thursday night thing kind of killed it.

swayy07
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
i will go postal on everyone in the chiefs front office if this happens