PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what I'll do if we pass over Clausen.

Direckshun
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
And we end up with Cassel steaming it up after another season, yet we've somehow amassed seven wins so we're out of reach for a prime QB in the 2011 Draft.

And we're left with a crappy starter, having passed over Sanchez and Clausen, the latter of which was the prime protege of our prized acquisition of the offseason, offensive coordinator Charlie Weis.

I simply don't know what I'm going to do. Especially if that pick ends up being Bulaga or McClain.

If we pass on Clausen for Bulaga or McClain, it will simply be the lowest point of my time as a Chiefs fan. It just might break my spirit.

Hammock Parties
04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
You might cut yourself. The horror.

Direckshun
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
You might cut yourself. The horror.

I'M EMO

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
:facepalm:

milkman
04-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not sold on Clausen, so no big deal.

The only pick that would really still piss me off is Bulaga.

But that would not surprise me, and the meltdown, as a result would not be epic.

notorious
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
the meltdown, as a result would not be epic.

Others would make up for it. I fully expect CP to be glowing white-hot during the draft.

Fish
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Ehhh...

The way I see it, if Clausen is worth the pick, our organization would know better than anyone. They wouldn't make the pick unless they were pretty fucking certain about him. And if they aren't certain about him, then I trust that.

KCrockaholic
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I would only be pissed on passing up Clausen if Berry is gone, and we take Bulaga or some stupid shit like that.

KCrockaholic
04-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Ehhh...

The way I see it, if Clausen is worth the pick, our organization would know better than anyone. They wouldn't make the pick unless they were pretty ****ing certain about him. And if they aren't certain about him, then I trust that.

If we could trade Matt Cassel tomorrow, I would be all for taking Clausen. I'm sure Weis is pissed that we made that trade last year, but that makes it more difficult to draft Clausen when you already have a new QB in the house.

Archie Bunker
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
If they pass on him for a LT it will hard to bounce back from but I eventually will after a few months of rage. If it's Berry, great, if it's D. Williams, McClain/Weatherspoon, meh I'll live with it and see what happens.

I'm not as sold on Clausen as some but in the back of my mind I can't stop thinking that if they pass on a gift wrapped QBOTF with ties to the "tree", groomed in our system, by our OC will they ever take one? This chance is so rare I feel like they almost have to take it.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 11:34 AM
The key is that Weis just spent 3/4 years recruiting,training,coaching and watching Clausen play and develop.

IF the chiefs don't take Clausen then imo it's because Weis has doubts about something.

imo if Weis really,really is sure about Clausen then Haley and Pioli will give give him what he wants.

i'm not gonna cry about it unless they draft someone stupid.

i like Clausen and Berry as my first choices.

of course if something weird happens and we pick Suh or Bradford i will understand too.

McClain,Bulaga or Dan Williams at #5 will be an irritating reach.

Earl Thomas will not make me happy at #5 because we will of had to take him over other better players.

we take some moronic shit like Taylor Mays at #5 and you're gonna see me go all "Milkman" around here.

the Talking Can
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
what is the fucking point of having 3 straight top 5 picks and not selecting a QB?

after 25 years of not selecting a QB

it is fucking insanity, and most of our fans love it

the Talking Can
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Ehhh...

The way I see it, if Clausen is worth the pick, our organization would know better than anyone. They wouldn't make the pick unless they were pretty ****ing certain about him. And if they aren't certain about him, then I trust that.

when has our organization ever proved it knew anything about anything?

Brock
04-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Taking Berry wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. And, like Laz says, if Weis really wants Clausen, he'd probably get him.

Direckshun
04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
what is the ****ing point of having 3 straight top 5 picks and not selecting a QB?

after 25 years of not selecting a QB

That is the question that goes to the very heart of this issue.

InChiefsHeaven
04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I just wish we hadn't signed Cassell for such a long contract. 5 more years. If we draft Clausen, I would think that the expectation would be that he'd be starting in one year, maybe 2 on the outside. That would mean the Chiefs would have to cut Cassell loose 3 years early...they should have gone with a 4 year deal at the most...oh well.

I for one would like to see Clausen in a Chiefs uniform, because I'd trust Weis and Pioli's judgment on him.

milkman
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I just wish we hadn't signed Cassell for such a long contract. 5 more years. If we draft Clausen, I would think that the expectation would be that he'd be starting in one year, maybe 2 on the outside. That would mean the Chiefs would have to cut Cassell loose 3 years early...they should have gone with a 4 year deal at the most...oh well.

I for one would like to see Clausen in a Chiefs uniform, because I'd trust Weis and Pioli's judgment on him.

:banghead:

He can be cut without any financial ramifications after this season.

InChiefsHeaven
04-14-2010, 12:26 PM
:banghead:

He can be cut without any financial ramifications after this season.

No shit? Well then, I can't imagine why they wouldn't draft Clausen...

Frosty
04-14-2010, 12:39 PM
The key is that Weis just spent 3/4 years recruiting,training,coaching and watching Clausen play and develop.

IF the chiefs don't take Clausen then imo it's because Weis has doubts about something.

imo if Weis really,really is sure about Clausen then Haley and Pioli will give give him what he wants.

Unless Pioli can't admit that he made a mistake with Cassel.

I really don't know. Pioli had said he will give his coaches what they want but drafting Clausen would be a big admission that giving up a 2nd for Cassel was a pretty good sized blunder.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Unless Pioli can't admit that he made a mistake with Cassel.

I really don't know. Pioli had said he will give his coaches what they want but drafting Clausen would be a big admission that giving up a 2nd for Cassel was a pretty good sized blunder.
he doesn't have to admit anything

Cassel will be the starter again this year and then the chiefs will transition to Clausen.

IF Cassel plays well then you can actually trade Cassel and gets something which would completely eliminate most people from being critical of the Pioli/cassel deal.

cassel was a transition QB ... nobody should care that he was an "overpaid" transitional QB except for Clark Hunt.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
This transition bullshit is just bullshit. We lost a high second round pick out of the deal. Thats a potential hole that could have been filled at MLB, safety, or pass rusher.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
This transition bullshit is just bullshit. We lost a high second round pick out of the deal. Thats a potential hole that could have been filled at MLB, safety, or pass rusher.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it had been a transition year, they could have just stuck with Thigpen and kept that second. There were some good defensive players still on the board when the Chiefs would have picked.

Frosty
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
he doesn't have to admit anything

Cassel will be the starter again this year and then the chiefs will transition to Clausen.

IF Cassel plays well then you can actually trade Cassel and gets something which would completely eliminate most people from being critical of the Pioli/cassel deal.

cassel was a transition QB ... nobody should care that he was an "overpaid" transitional QB except for Clark Hunt.

I've never cared what Cassel made. It's not my money and the Chiefs weren't close to the cap. It wouldn't surprise me if they front loaded his contract just to make the cap floor last year.

If Clausen is picked, anyone with a brain knows that Cassel is gone. Giving up a high 2nd for a two year stopgap is a mighty steep price.

Saccopoo
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

If you feel that the transition BS is just that, then you have to take the stance that Cassel is going to be the guy for the undetermined future at the QB spot. The second round draft choice, the long term, high salary contract...it kinda looks like he's the guy from a cursory view.

I know people around here go ballistic when it's suggested, but it sure does look like the Chiefs have their quarterback positions set in stone for the immediate future. Cassel, Croyle, Guitterez. I think it's a done deal folks, whether you like it or not.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
And we end up with Cassel steaming it up after another season, yet we've somehow amassed seven wins so we're out of reach for a prime QB in the 2011 Draft.

And we're left with a crappy starter, having passed over Sanchez and Clausen, the latter of which was the prime protege of our prized acquisition of the offseason, offensive coordinator Charlie Weis.

I simply don't know what I'm going to do. Especially if that pick ends up being Bulaga or McClain.

If we pass on Clausen for Bulaga or McClain, it will simply be the lowest point of my time as a Chiefs fan. It just might break my spirit.

1) If we pass on Clausen with all that we know about him, it will be for good reason.

2) If we are left with a 'crappy starter' (You dont mention him by name for some reason) and he truly is 'crappy' we wont have more than 6 wins next season, which will put us SOLIDLY in the top 10...Even with 7 wins we will be probably 9-12 and in a prome spot to draft a QB and/or trade up.

3) If you are this upset that we might not draft Clausen given 1 & 2, then you have a huge hairy vagina.

CoMoChief
04-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I wasn't really on the QB bandwagon til about a couple weeks ago. Now I'm all for drafting Clausen at #5.

I did have a hard on for drafting Berry.

If we end up with one of the 2, then I will be happy. Would rather have Clausen though because a QB is the most important position on the field and I can't stand how Cassel sucks at throwing a deep pattern. No arm strength at all.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I've never cared what Cassel made. It's not my money and the Chiefs weren't close to the cap. It wouldn't surprise me if they front loaded his contract just to make the cap floor last year.

If Clausen is picked, anyone with a brain knows that Cassel is gone. Giving up a high 2nd for a two year stopgap is a mighty steep price.
the 2nd was for Cassel and Vrabel

besides i think Pioli wanted a stable veteran type QB for the transitional period for him in his new team.

i figure Pioli thinks it was well worth the price.

I think we also have seen the worst of Cassel so this year should be a lot better.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM

Not the answer you want to hear, but...
I can't imagine the Chiefs walking into this season without some kind of a contingency plan. If it's not Clausen, I imagine they're taking somebody. Maybe it's Lefevre.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
If they pass on CC, there's nothing you can do but shake your head and know we're at least 3-4 solid years from being a true contender - and that's assuming they wake up and draft a QBOTF with next years R1 pick, assuming there's one available.

If they pass on Clausen for Berry, at least we've gotten a playmaker.

If they pass on both, may God have mercy on our souls.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Not the answer you want to hear, but...
I can't imagine the Chiefs walking into this season without some kind of a contingency plan. If it's not Clausen, I imagine they're taking somebody. Maybe it's Lefevre.

Sadly, that's more likely.

Waste a late pick hoping you can catch lightning in a bottle because you've done it once before.

DaWolf
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM

Well this is the Chiefs we're talking about. Consider the last 10 years of 2nd rounders:

2000: William Bartee
2001: N/A
2002: Eddie Freeman
2003: Kawika Mitchell
2004: Junior Siavvi and Kris Wilson
2005: N/A
2006: Bernard Pollard
2007: Turk McBride
2008: Brandon Flowers
2009: N/A

The only 2nd rounder still on the team, and the only one on this list that has ever produced as a Chief, is Brandon Flowers.

So yeah, it is a steep price to pay, but we've been paying it for a long time, which is why we have sucked this past decade...

Chris Meck
04-14-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm not sold on the idea of a first round QB in general. Oh, I understand the math; I just think the odds aren't that much better than in other rounds and so have tended to think that we ought to just be drafting a QB every year in rounds 2-7 somewhere and figure we'll hit eventually. Not popular, I know.

That being said, I'm coming around to the idea of a #1 QB, and first started to get behind the idea the year before last.

I really liked Matt Ryan. I watched some film, had caught a couple of games. Just something about him. He just kind of had 'it'.

Last year...I really liked Sanchez. He's got that thing, too. I didn't want to draft him though, was worried about the 1 season as a starter thing. Now I kind of wish we had.

I'm not sure what to think about Clausen. I think that Weis knows exactly what the kid is all about, so if that's where we go, then I'll be be on board. If not, well, there must be a reason.

chris

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm not sold on the idea of a first round QB in general. Oh, I understand the math; I just think the odds aren't that much better than in other rounds and so have tended to think that we ought to just be drafting a QB every year in rounds 2-7 somewhere and figure we'll hit eventually. Not popular, I know.

Then you really don't understand the math.

40% of all SB winning QB's were Top 5 picks.

60% of all SB winning QB's were taken in R1.

Think about the limited number of QB's taken in R1, versus the number of QB's taken in R2 and after.

It's a landslide. Not. Even. Close.

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Ehhh...

What has this organization done to earn our trust?

Mecca
04-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't really imagine anyone trusting the Chiefs to do the right thing at this point.

Fish
04-14-2010, 04:55 PM
What has this organization done to earn our trust?

Allow me to rephrase... I trust Weis's opinion regarding Jimmy Clausen in this situation...

I see that as the deciding factor. I don't think they'd consider it without the Weis connection. I trust his decision on whether Jimmy's worth it. He should know better than anyone.

MoreLemonPledge
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Allow me to rephrase... I trust Weis's opinion regarding Jimmy Clausen in this situation...

I see that as the deciding factor. I don't think they'd consider it without the Weis connection. I trust his decision on whether Jimmy's worth it. He should know better than anyone.

Exactly. When the Chiefs don't draft Clausen and ChiefsPlanet melts down, keep this in mind.

RustShack
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I would take Clausen over Sanchez.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Charlie Weis could jump up on the table and proclaim Clausen the next great of all time, he's not the one making the decision.

Scott Pioli could just as quickly go, I traded for my QB last year, I'm not drafting one in the top 5 it makes me look like a dumb fuck, it's your job to make the guy we have now better.

That Weis stuff would be great if he had say over personnel, he doesn't.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Scott Pioli could just as quickly go "I traded for my QB last year, I'm not drafting one in the top 5 it makes me look like a dumb ****, it's your job to make the guy we have now better"

WOW...That is sheer genius...How did you think of that?

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I can't really imagine anyone trusting the Chiefs to do the right thing at this point.
Carl is gone ... everyone else is gone.

you have made a definitive judgment about the current chiefs after 1/2 of an offseason,1 regular season,1/2 offseason.

1 year ... after 1 year you have decided that the current chiefs suck and are a lost cause.

you are such a gawd dam jerkoff, it's unbelievable.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM
WOW...That is sheer genius...How did you think of that?

It needs to be said when there are posts like "If we don't take Clausen something is up because Weis is on staff" uh no it just means he's not making the calls, Weis could want Clausen in the worst way doesn't mean he gets him.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM

Here's the thing.

If they pass on Clausen, that still doesn't say to me, "Weis didn't want him."

I absolutely think Weis wants him, and if we don't take him, it's because Pioli doesn't.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:05 PM

you have made a definitive judgment about the current chiefs after 1/2 of an offseason,1 regular season,1/2 offseason.

1 year ... after 1 year you have decided that the current chiefs suck and are a lost cause.

Yea Tyson Jackson really gives us reason to believe they know what they're doing, drink that koolaid to this point all Scott Pioli has done is look inept.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Yea Tyson Jackson really gives us reason to believe they know what they're doing, drink that koolaid to this point all Scott Pioli has done is look inept.
all about the 1 pick

where is SNR when you need him

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 05:06 PM

I haven't decided anything.

1 year or not. This regime needs to build trust. They're not owed or given shit.

Perform or GTFO. Thus far, they haven't performed.

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Here's the thing.

I absolutely think Weis wants him, and if we don't take him, it's because Pioli doesn't.

I am quoting the above statement because I agree with its content.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Scott Pioli could just as quickly go, I traded for my QB last year, I'm not drafting one in the top 5 it makes me look like a dumb ****, it's your job to make the guy we have now better.

Thanks captain obvious...

WHEW I am so glad you were there to point this out for us.....And when you told me that the chiefs symbol was an arrowhead and arrowheads were made by indians...it blew my mind.

Thank you. I don't know what I would do without your vast knowledge.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Why hold Pioli to the standard that Carl fucking Peterson set?

Be honest. What has Pioli DONE as GM of the KC Chiefs to make to optimistic?

Not what he did in NE.

What has he done HERE?

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM

1 year or not. This regime needs to build trust. They're not owed or given shit.

This is a really difficult concept for Laz to understand.

Laz one of the people that even if the Chiefs blow this draft he'll still say we re negative yadda yadda.

As of today they deserve to be ripped their results suck.

Scott Pioli took over a team devoid of talent, got a 1st rounder who does nothing, a 3rd rounder who doesn't play a shitty QB a broke dick LB a bunch of scrubs, Chris Chambers and a kicker.

Man that's really fucking impressive, you could achieve the same throwing darts at names.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM

agreed

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Why hold Pioli to the standard that Carl ****ing Peterson set?

Not what he did in NE.

What has he done HERE?

You're joking right? You do realize he had to get rid of more than 30 players from a 53 man roster and completely start a team from scratch...

You do not do that over night...

What the hell did you expect? Pioli to come in and us to start winning superbowls Immediately?

Mecca
Thanks captain obvious...

WHEW I am so glad you were there to point this out for us.....And when you told me that the chiefs symbol was an arrowhead and arrowheads were made by indians...it blew my mind.

Thank you. I don't know what I would do without your vast knowledge.

You just posted the same thing twice in the same thread...

Did your WPI chip malfunction?

Mecca
You're joking right? You do realize he had to get rid of more than 30 players from a 53 man roster and completely start a team from scratch...

What the hell did you expect? Pioli to come in and us to start winning superbowls Immediately?

The players he replaced them with, aren't any better.

Mr. Laz
Why hold Pioli to the standard that Carl fucking Peterson set?

Not what he did in NE.

What has he done HERE?so far it's not been great but it's TOO soon to make any concrete conclusions.

some people have ... i haven't

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
all about the 1 pick

where is SNR when you need him

You're being ridiculous.

You honestly think this is about ONE pick?

Were you sleeping through the 50+ moves he's made since coming here, and only ONE of them (Chambers) being anything to get excited about? TJ being a potential whopping 2nd move?

I understand if you want to give him a pass. Fine.

But it's pretty chickenshit to keep acting as if he is living up to his Executive of the Decade expectations.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM

We expected him to actually find better players than the ones that he jettisoned.

Didn't happen.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
We see why it takes GM's 20 years to get fired in this town, he needs a 10 year evaluation period.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
The players he replaced them with, aren't any better.

We won twice as many games as the season before and kept more games closer...

You cannot possibly say that without being called a liar.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
so far it's not been great but it's TOO soon to make any concrete conclusions.

some people have ... i haven't

Too soon?

The team played games last year, right?

What position was upgraded last year through a personnel move of Pioli's?

Don't worry, I'll answer. WR2.

That's it.

It would appear that RB2 has been upgraded for the upcoming season. Other than that, we're going to have to count on the draft and hopefully some better pickups over the summer than last year.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
OTW, explain to him how the players Pioli brought in save Chambers and a Kicker were not better and in some cases worse.

Mike Brown was far worse than Pollard for example.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
We see why it takes GM's 20 years to get fired in this town, he needs a 10 year evaluation period.

How about 2 or 3 you little panty waist? No one is saying 10 besides you.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
You're being ridiculous.

You honestly think this is about ONE pick?

Were you sleeping through the 50+ moves he's made since coming here, and only ONE of them (Chambers) being anything to get excited about? TJ being a potential whopping 2nd move?

I understand if you want to give him a pass. Fine.

But it's pretty chickenshit to keep acting as if he is living up to his Executive of the Decade expectations.
once again ... trying to make this about me.

Mecca brought up Tyson Jackson

who is being ridiculous are the people that have come to the conclusion that Pioli sucks,Cassel sucks,the last draft sucks,the next draft will suck and the only thing left to do is cry about it like a bunch teenage girls who just got their cherries broken by the football team.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Here's the thing.

Or it could mean the scouts didn't want him.

If the Chiefs pass on him and 15 or so teams pass too, I'll be okay with it. Or if the Raiders take him, which they won't.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:17 PM
If he blows this draft, people should be out at the stadium with pitch forks, that's his make or break day, through 1 draft and 2 FA periods he's done a lot of nothing.

He's set himself up to either get it rolling properly or look like a complete moron who never should have been hired.

Ming the Merciless
OTW, explain to him how the players Pioli brought in save Chambers and a Kicker were not better and in some cases worse.

I just explained it to you,

We won twice as many games as the season before..That should end the argument. That was with a complete gut-job on the team...

Are you blind?

Mecca
Or it could mean the scouts didn't want him.

If the Chiefs pass on him and 15 or so teams pass too, I'll be okay with it. Or if the Raiders take him, which they won't.

22 teams passed on Aaron Rodgers.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I just explained it to you,

We won twice as many games as the season before..That should end the argument. That was with a complete gut-job on the team...

Are you blind?

You are fucking stupid

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:19 PM
If he blows this draft, people should be out at the stadium with pitch forks, that's his make or break day, through 1 draft and 2 FA periods he's done a lot of nothing.

He's set himself up to either get it rolling properly or look like a complete moron who never should have been hired.

It takes about 3 years to evalate a draft. "Blowing the draft" doesnt mean that some faggler with 75k posts cried all night because we didn't draft Clausen.

You are seriously retarded.

milkman
Too soon?

That's it.

It would appear that RB2 has been upgraded for the upcoming season. Other than that, we're going to have to count on the draft and hopefully some better pickups over the summer than last year.

One could argue that RB only got upgraded because LJ is a bitch that got himself shitcanned because of twitter comments, and that we would not even have a clue yet about what kind of talent that Charles has.

The only reason RG is being addressed is because of injury to Mike Goff.

The moves they have made even this offseason has little to do with actual talent evaluation, and much more to do with moves being forced onto them by ciircumstance.

Mr. Laz
Too soon?

That's it.

that's why mecca and you enjoy washing each other's balls in every dam thread that comes up. You both are stupid enough to think that 1-year is enough time to reach a conclusion about an entire football organization.

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Someone please post the stats that show that the '09 team was, by the numbers, worse than the '08 team.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:21 PM

You are fucking stupid
not as stupid as you reaching a conclusion about an entire football organization after 1 season.

dumbass retard

OnTheWarpath15
We expected him to actually find better players than the ones that he jettisoned.

Didn't happen.

Shouldn't have been difficult at all, considering he inherited a 2-14 team.

How hard is it to find a few upgrades for the least talented roster in the NFL?

Mecca
The best players on this team, are Herms players, they improved in their 2nd years as hey you know most players do.

Jamaal Charles was busy sitting on the sideline and even being inactive until LJ made them cut him, boy that makes me think they really know what the fuck they're doing out there.

And I don't care if its 1 year 3 years or 10 years, Tyson Jackson can in no possible way ever live up to his pick, and Magee not even being able to get on the field on a team this bad is a very damning sign.

Ming the Merciless
Someone please post the stats that show that the '09 team was, by the numbers, worse than the '08 team.

4 wins vs 2 wins

One team was 3 years in the making, the other was a few weeks.

Moron.

DeezNutz
Has anyone really said that Pioli is a definitive failure?

Link?

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:22 PM

I'm not dealing with this schmuck.

I'm done with trolls.

Mecca
I'm going to edit Laz posts to say.

"I am obsessed with balls and OTW and Mecca, disregard me"

Everytime he posts in this sectin of the forum if he continues to be a dumbass because he simply does not like certain posters.

DeezNutz
4 wins vs 2 wins

Moron.

LMAO.

OTW, I believe you posted about the regression during the year, right?

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
4 wins vs 2 wins

Moron.

The '08 team was three years in the making?

No it wasn't.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Pawn is obviously a dupe of someone, it's pretty obvious.

Who was that guy who said the Chiefs never did wrong? Zook?

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Scott Pioli took over a team devoid of talent, got a 1st rounder who does nothing, a 3rd rounder who doesn't play a shitty QB a broke dick LB a bunch of scrubs, Chris Chambers and a kicker.

Man that's really ****ing impressive, you could achieve the same throwing darts at names.

that good enuf, deez?

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:25 PM
22 teams passed on Aaron Rodgers.

Hindsight is 20/20. Brady Quinn fell that many spots too. Lots of teams need a QB in the top 20-25. If the Chiefs are one of 20 or so teams to pass on him, then I'd be okay with having passed too.

I doubt that happens. But if it does, I don't think you can blame a team for passing up on a guy that lots of teams were squeamish about too.

Ming the Merciless

No it wasn't.

It was Herm's 3rd season

DeezNutz

No it wasn't.

It was year three for Albert, Dorsey, Flowers, and Bowe.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Lets disregard that going into that year the Chiefs obviously switched gears on how they would approach everything.

Herm started over going into his 3rd year, his 1st 2 were trying to live off the Vermiel scraps.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM

Zouk liked Herm.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Has anyone really said that Pioli is a definitive failure?

Link?Yea Tyson Jackson really gives us reason to believe they know what they're doing, drink that koolaid to this point all Scott Pioli has done is look inept.
Mecca all but says almost every day

"the guys at walter's mock think Pioli is a moron"/mecca

so do Hamas,OTW and milkman

i don't know if they have actually said the words "pioli is a failure" but every dam post they make implies it.

pioli sucks,everything pioli does suck,cassel sucks,tyson jackson sucks,the chiefs suck, Pioli will screw up the 2010 draft blah,blah,blah

if those asshats had the least bit of honesty they would just go ahead and say it and stop just bitching like it.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
It was Herm's 3rd season

Yes, it was Herman ****ing Edwards' third season, but anyone who saw the Chiefs blow up the roster after his second season and completely retool the roster from the ground up, securing 13 picks going into the draft, knew that was a new start, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous, at best.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Zouk liked Herm.

Maybe this guy is findthedr, he is back for vengeance so he will try to infest our brains with shit.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Pioli still has a chance to not be a moron, but right now he's on the moron side of the line, if he fucks up this draft he moves dangerously close to complete failure status.

OnTheWarpath15
that's why mecca and you enjoy washing each other's balls in every dam thread that comes up. You both are stupid enough to think that 1-year is enough time to reach a conclusion about an entire football organization.

Jesus, Laz. You either can't read, or just choose not to.

We haven't reached a conclusion about the entire organization.

We have reached a conclusion regarding the job Pioli did in the past 12 months, because there is evidence in which to so so. They played GAMES.

Should those moves not be evaluated?

I've yet to see anyone say that Pioli has already fucked up the 2010 season.

However, we have visual evidence that shows, to even the biggest homer, that out of all the moves he made in 2009, only one worked out.

I'm saying the same fucking thing that you agreed with Deez over just a few posts before, yet I'M making this about YOU?

You have some really solid football takes, but you really need to start debating posts and not just debating the poster.

Ming the Merciless

You fail at logic.

You are losign an argument so you resort to basic logical fallacies...

1) You attack me as a person rather than my arguments

(I am not a 'dupe' you always say this when you get your ass handed to you)

The reason you think I am a dupe is because you get your ass kicked verbally so often, it all looks the same to you.

2) I never said they do no wrong...Show me where I said that. You are again making an extreme statement..

I am happy to debate you but you apparently are too stupid an immature to make a logical, cohesive argument. I get the feeling you are on disability and I do not mean a physical one.

The Franchise

i don't know if they have actually said the words "pioli is a failure" but every dam post they make implies it.

pioli sucks,everything pioli does suck,cassel sucks,tyson jackson sucks,the chiefs suck, Pioli will screw up the 2010 draft blah,blah,blah

if those asshats had the least bit of honesty they would just go ahead and say it and stop just bitching like it.

Well to be honest.....Cassel does suck. And Tyson Jackson is probably not going to ever live up to being a 3rd overall selection.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
just like ants to a pile of shit Mecca first, then OTW shows up ... milkman,deeznutz and now chiefscountry.

there will be some clean ballz tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

countdown to hamas 4,3,2 ...

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM

Pioli's first season at the helm was a complete and abject failure.

He has to really nail this offseason to start earning some faith, but he isn't yet a complete failure.

In fact, this offseason has provided some hope that he and his people have a much better idea of what they need to do going into this season.

But he still has a lot to prove.

Mecca
This Pawn guy is hilarious, the guy who thinks Pioli's moves are good is kicking my ass verbally?

What are you brain dead?

Mecca
just like ants to a pile of shit Mecca first, then OTW shows up ... milkman,deeznutz and now chiefscountry.

I got this kickass idea.....don't post in the draft forum if you don't like us.

The Franchise

I think you meant flies.....not ants.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe this guy is findthedr, he is back for vengeance so he will try to infest our brains with shit.

No findthedr knew what he was talking about other than his obession with Jake Long and Trevor Laws. For the most part he knew football.

Mecca
And how can you debate a guys point when you try and his reaction is to basically go "no we won more games!"

And ignore all the logical points.

Ming the Merciless
This Pawn guy is hilarious!

I know rite

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM

agreed

Pioli failed, Pioli didn't perform. Same fucking thing.

And you agreed with it earlier in this very thread.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Laz problem is he shapes his opinions based on who said it not what the opinion is.

I've never seen someone have such personal grudges over the internet, pretty funny really.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Pioli's first season at the helm was a complete and abject failure.

He has to really nail this offseason to start earning some faith, but he isn't yet a complete failure.

In fact, this offseason has provided some hope that he and his people have a much better idea of what they need to do going into this season.

But he still has a lot to prove.

Absolutely.

2009 was a complete failure.

2010 remains to be seen.

I've yet to see anyone Laz is referring to say or imply otherwise.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, it was Herman ****ing Edwards' third season, but anyone who saw the Chiefs blow up the roster after his second season and completely retool the roster from the ground up, securing 13 picks going into the draft, knew that was a new start, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous, at best.

Yes, but it's also disingenuous to suggest that people were saying this at the time.

I know where you stood--you understood that Herm was rebuilding, but you didn't like Herm. But the vast majority of people on the board, well over 3/4 of the board, continued to insist that Herm's losing record was an indictment on his ability to coach. I know, because I took an awful lot of shit when I said that Carl, not Herm, was the primary reason the Chiefs sucked.

Point being, sometimes fans and critics can be sensationalistic. It's amazing how many people understand today what kind of a shitty roster Herm inherited vs. how many people understood 2 years ago.

DeezNutz

Are you offering?

I'm grateful, but it's not my style. NTTAWWT.

Ming the Merciless
And how can you debate a guys point when you try and his reaction is to basically go "no we won more games!"

And ignore all the logical points.

You had no logical points. Pioli won twice as many games in his 1st year which was not even a complete season...He inherited a pile of shit that Herm left...Herm took 3 seasons to destroy the chiefs, all I am saying is let's give give Pioli some time.

I never said all his moves were good, Jackson is a starter but I mean was he worth a 1st rounder? NO! I dont think so yet, but everyone knows it takes d-linement 2-3 years to really come to their potential...So far I would rate jackson as a bust, but I might eat my words....

BUT I am not saying Pioli is an idiot and a failure and that if he doesn't draft Clausen I am going to have a protest and light my vagina hairs on fiar.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM

You get owned in every thread, so you always resort to this bullshit.

Ask mecca how many times I've called him a dumbass?

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought Herm was a shitty coach, but I did not expect big win total when they went in that direction.

But after watching Haley coach on the sideline, he makes Herm look awesome.

bevischief
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Have another drink...

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM

No need to ask...

You have made 40,000 posts and each one has been read an average of 6.4 times so that puts it at about 250K, +/- 25k

bevischief
I thought Herm was a shitty coach, but I did not expect big win total when they went in that direction.

Really?

OnTheWarpath15

You might be the only person on the board that has butted heads with him more than me.

It's always good for a laugh when Laz resorts to that.

KurtCobain
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It's Clausen or bust. If we pass on Jimmy, then it was a shitty draft and I will blow my brains out with a shotgun.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
You had no logical points. Pioli won twice as many games in his 1st year which was not even a complete season...He inherited a pile of shit that Herm left...Herm took 3 seasons to destroy the chiefs, all I am saying is let's give give Pioli some time.

I never said all his moves were good, Jackson is a starter but I mean was he worth a 1st rounder? NO! I dont think so yet, but everyone knows it takes d-linement 2-3 years to really come to their potential...So far I would rate jackson as a bust, but I might eat my words....

BUT I am not saying Pioli is an idiot and a failure and that if he doesn't draft Clausen I am going to have a protest and light my vagina hairs on fiar.

Pioli won twice as many games as the direct, and indirect, result of players that Kuharich and Herman fucking Edwards drafted.

The only player he can point to that he brought in and say that he made an actual contribution was Chris Chambers.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Not pointing fingers at anybody. Frankly, don't remember who was of the opinion of what.

But I can tell you with absolute certainty that well over 3/4 of the board argued till they were blue in the face that Herm Edwards turned a playoff team into a loser.

It's refreshing, from my standpoint, to hear that the majority of people finally realize the truth.

Ming the Merciless

This is the kind of loose floppy retarded vagina dribble that spews forth from you that is just so utterly pathetic....

You forgot what he did with the cardinals aleady?

Mecca

Herm left such a pile of shit, all of the Chiefs good players, are his guys. All of the young foundation pieces, are Herm's players.

The best player on the offense is Jamaal Charles a Herm player who was busy sitting on the bench until Larry Johnson made their decision for them.

Tell me this is not logical.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Pioli won twice as many games as the direct, and indirect, result of players that Kuharich and Herman ****ing Edwards drafted.

The only player he can point to that he brought in and say that he made an actual contribution was Chris Chambers.

Dude, he got rid of like 60% of the entire team.....30 players out of 53...

You are factually incorrect or a liar.

DeezNutz
Not pointing fingers at anybody. Frankly, don't remember who was of the opinion of what.

But I can tell you with absolute certainty that well over 3/4 of the board argued till they were blue in the face that Herm Edwards turned a playoff team into a loser.

It's refreshing, from my standpoint, to hear that the majority of people finally realize the truth.

Herm was NOT the answer and needed to be fired.

But those who vilified him exponentially are equally as ridiculous.

ChiefsCountry

Don't forget Succoop, but that is more for the best hire of the offseason, Steve Hoffman.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Herm left such a pile of shit, all of the Chiefs good players, are his guys. All of the young foundation pieces, are Herm's players.

The best player on the offense is Jamaal Charles a Herm player who was busy sitting on the bench until Larry Johnson made their decision for them.

Tell me this is not logical.

Throw in the fact that this defense could have had top 10 potential if they stayed in the 4-3.

Fuck, when I think about Carl running Jared Allen out of town... Can you even imagine if Allen got to line up next to Dorsey?

OnTheWarpath15
Really?

He's made a lot of the same boneheaded moves.

Clock management issues in the Oakland game that may have cost us a win.

I recall a game in which there was a drive where we went for it on 4th and 5+, converted, then had a 4th and short inside the 10 yard line, where he proceeded to kick the FG - then decided to ONSIDE KICK.

4th and 8 from your own 28. Fake punt with the backup QB throwing to the longsnapper.

Marching down the field against SD, about to take a two score lead, IIRC, and you call a FULLBACK pass to the QB - not a HB pass, not to a WR that could fight for a poorly thrown ball - but a FB pass to a QB - killing momentum.

That's just off the top of my head.

Mecca
What he did with the Cardlnals, what watch Whisenhunt call plays?

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Throw in the fact that this defense could have had top 10 potential if they stayed in the 4-3.

Fuck, when I think about Carl running Jared Allen out of town... Can you even imagine if Allen got to line up next to Dorsey?

I said for the longest time, I liked Herm's approach to the roster, I didn't like how he coached.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 05:46 PM

I liked Herm's apporach to building a team but the dude was a stupid in game coach. He could get a team to 10-6 but that was it. Now Haley isn't improvement at all.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I liked Herm's apporach to building a team but the dude was a stupid in game coach. He could get a team to 10-6 but that was it. Now Haley isn't improvement at all.

Then you and mecca were in a very small minority.

What you're saying here is exactly almost verbatim what I argued two years ago. And I got an enormous amount of shit for it.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Dude, he got rid of like 60% of the entire team.....30 players out of 53...

You are factually incorrect or a liar.

I don't give a rat's ass about the number of fucking players dumbass.

I'm talking about the guys that actually played some damn good football, like Brandon Flowers, Glen Dorsey, Jamaal Charles, and yes, even Tamba Hali.

The rest are nothing more than a buch of scrubs that will be replaced evetually, and only made the contribution of being on the field.

Dumbfuck.

OnTheWarpath15
04-14-2010, 05:51 PM

What you're saying here is exactly almost verbatim what I argued two years ago. And I got an enormous amount of shit for it.

From what I remember, most of the people that argued against this thinking were the same people that are chickenshit to take a QB in R1.

They aren't patient with a rebuild, they aren't patient with a young QB.

milkman
04-14-2010, 05:52 PM

No.

You took an enormous amount of shit for arguing that we should move forward with Herman fucking Edwards.

there is absolutely no fucking reason to move forward with a coach who you think has no fucking chance of ever being anything more than mediocre.

tyler360
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
I am willing to give Hailey more time. He was a first year coach. He did some real stupid stuff. REAL stupid stuff.

Herm however was still making the same stupid mistakes after being a head coach for years.

Its like the whole rookie Qb compared to Cassel argument.

Mecca
04-14-2010, 05:58 PM
There was no logic behind the stuff Haley would do, if your friend did that during a game of madden you'd react with "I'm not going to play you anymore if you don't play realistically"

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
No.

You took an enormous amount of shit for arguing that we should move forward with Herman ****ing Edwards.

there is absolutely no ****ing reason to move forward with a coach who you think has no ****ing chance of ever being anything more than mediocre.

I never said the Chiefs should move forward with Herm as a long-term option. I said he shouldn't have been hired from the start, but was hired because of Peterson's croneyism. I also said many times he was a lousy gameday coach. But when he got the job, he didn't deserve to be crucified for the team's woes, which were almost exclusively the fault of Peterson. And yes, I still to this day believe that he wasn't a bad coach to bring along for a rebuild and nothing more--he got the right guys on the field, forced the owner to render an ineffective but powerful GM powerless.

Most of all, I believe it took major guts to tear the team apart, knowing he'd have a losing season in 2008. He could have just as easily begged for free agents to buy him some more time as a coach. That's the main reason why I truly believe Clark Hunt really didn't want to fire him last year. I think Hunt assured Herm he wouldn't be fired if he made those moves, which were in the best interest of the franchise.

So yes, when I said "move forward", I said many times that he deserved 2009 to prove himself and nothing short of a strong playoff run should have let him keep his job. I still stand firmly behind that stance and my guess is, if I made the same arguments today as I did 2 years ago, most people wouldn't disagree very much.

Frosty
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Marching down the field against SD, about to take a two score lead, IIRC, and you call a FULLBACK pass to the QB - not a HB pass, not to a WR that could fight for a poorly thrown ball - but a FB pass to a QB - killing momentum.

That was at Denver, wasn't it. I don't think the Chiefs ever had a lead against SD last season.

Personally, I like Haley. I like his aggressive nature. He just needs to realize that he needs to temper those calls while considering the talent on hand. It's a moot point, now, anyway, since Weis is here.

On the other hand, I wasn't excited about the Pioli hire and nothing he has done so far has changed that opinion. I never thought NE's drafts were "all that". I wanted someone from the Steelers or Ravens, where they seem to hit their draft picks most of the time.

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
The FB needs to know to throw that away.

Frosty
04-14-2010, 06:17 PM
The FB needs to know to throw that away.

Yes. I really didn't mind the calls. It's not like they were going to win anything anyway. Let's try this stuff and see what people can do while going through the growing pains.

Now they know Castille is too dumb to run that play. :doh!:

milkman
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
I never said the Chiefs should move forward with Herm as a long-term option. I said he shouldn't have been hired from the start, but was hired because of Peterson's croneyism. I also said many times he was a lousy gameday coach. But when he got the job, he didn't deserve to be crucified for the team's woes, which were almost exclusively the fault of Peterson. And yes, I still to this day believe that he wasn't a bad coach to bring along for a rebuild and nothing more--he got the right guys on the field, forced the owner to render an ineffective but powerful GM powerless.

Most of all, I believe it took major guts to tear the team apart, knowing he'd have a losing season in 2008. He could have just as easily begged for free agents to buy him some more time as a coach. That's the main reason why I truly believe Clark Hunt really didn't want to fire him last year. I think Hunt assured Herm he wouldn't be fired if he made those moves, which were in the best interest of the franchise.

So yes, when I said "move forward", I said many times that he deserved 2009 to prove himself and nothing short of a strong playoff run should have let him keep his job. I still stand firmly behind that stance and my guess is, if I made the same arguments today as I did 2 years ago, most people wouldn't disagree very much.

And if by some miracle he made a playoff run, what then?

The idea that we should keep him for even one more season is just fucking moronic.

He was a terrible game day coach, and there was absolutely no justification for keeping him, and I, and others said as much the, and you could still argue it today and I'd still call you a fucking idiot.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
There was no logic behind the stuff Haley would do, if your friend did that during a game of madden you'd react with "I'm not going to play you anymore if you don't play realistically"

We'll see. I really hope Weis and Crennel will help him out a bit with those kinds of game-day decisions. ESPECIALLY in terms of putting the right players on the field, which Haley did a horrendous job with. But it's very possible he'll still make head-scratching decisions, especially since Weis is known to take too many wild chances himself.

I do like the way Haley manages the team, though. I thought he made some mistakes early on of being too over the top, but I think he started to chill out toward the end. And I think going into year 2, you sense that players are coming to camp in better shape and ready to go.

BossChief
04-14-2010, 06:22 PM
What he did with the Cardlnals, what watch Whisenhunt call plays?

Haley called the plays in Arizona.

Im surprised you didnt know that.

Frosty
04-14-2010, 06:23 PM
The one thing I am not sure about with Haley would depend on whose decision it was to leave Goff in there and to start LJ over Charles. Supposedly with Charles, Haley was trying to light a fire under his ass, but Charles was on the bench way too long.

Maybe Haley left Goff in there so Cassel would get knocked out of the games and he would have a valid reason to not play him? :)

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
And if by some miracle he made a playoff run, what then?

The idea that we should keep him for even one more season is just ****ing moronic.

He was a terrible game day coach, and there was absolutely no justification for keeping him, and I, and others said as much the, and you could still argue it today and I'd still call you a ****ing idiot.

Well, keep in mind that these arguments were made when Peterson looked like he was sitting pretty. The game changed when Peterson got canned. Did I think it was fair that Herm inherited a shitty team and was fired for his GM's mistakes? No. it.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the people on this board were strongly of the opinion that Herm Edwards was a cancer on this team and was instrumental to bringing this team down. If anyone says anything otherwise, it's complete revisionist history.

BossChief
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
for all the crap Herm takes/took the facts speak for themselves.

His team made the playoffs in 4/8 years and his team won playoff games and was three missed field goals away from the afc championship game.

His team made the playoffs every year his qb stayed healthy.

I know Ill get flamed for it, but I think we could have won a lot more games in 09 with him as our coach and Indys old DC as our DC instead of Gun last year.

I will always believe that Carl/Gun fucked this franchise far worse than Herm.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2010, 06:35 PM
The rest are nothing more than a buch of scrubs that will be replaced evetually, and only made the contribution of being on the field.

What do you want them to do you moron? Wash windows at 1 arrowhead?

HAHAHHA

You are a complete tool.

milkman
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Well, keep in mind that these arguments were made when Peterson looked like he was sitting pretty. The game changed when Peterson got canned. Did I think it was fair that Herm inherited a shitty team and was fired for his GM's mistakes? No. it.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the people on this board were strongly of the opinion that Herm Edwards was a cancer on this team and was instrumental to bringing this team down. If anyone says anything otherwise, it's complete revisionist history.

You made those arguments after Carl "resigned".

And yes Carl was responsible for the crap.

Herman fucking Edwards would have been responsible for making chicken salad into chicken shit when the games mattered most.

milkman
04-14-2010, 06:38 PM

His team made the playoffs in 4/8 years and his team won playoff games and was three missed field goals away from the afc championship game.

I know Ill get flamed for it, but I think we could have won a lot more games in 09 with him as our coach and Indys old DC as our DC instead of Gun last year.

I will always believe that Carl/Gun ****ed this franchise far worse than Herm.

Same goddamn thing Marty did.

Find a fucking way to lose.

herman fucking Edwards sucked ass.

milkman
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
What do you want them to do you moron? Wash windows at 1 arrowhead?

HAHAHHA

You are a complete tool.

Sure.

The contributions would have amounted to about the same damn thing.

Actually, upon further thought, they would have been more productive.

Yeah, I'm the tool.

Cause, understanding simple fucking concepts is not a problem for me like it is for you.

BossChief
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
the fact about Pioli is that he had a turnover of half the roster and out of all those moves provided us with not 1 single upgrade at any position besides #2 WR and kicker.

Id like to hear a counterpoint on that.

Its not like we hired a guy fresh off the boat, this is supposed to be the fucking executive of the decade not a guy that looks in over his head.

If you bring in 30 new players, you would think that at least 6 or 7 would be good moves, right? By good moves, I mean upgrades over the guy that was replaced.

We got Chambers (who was essentially given to us) and a kicker (who was taken with a compensatory pick)

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
You made those arguments after Carl "resigned".

And yes Carl was responsible for the crap.

Herman ****ing Edwards would have been responsible for making chicken salad into chicken shit when the games mattered most.

No, I didn't. I said that the new GM should hire whomever he thought would best fit his system and that it probably wouldn't be Herm, and I was okay with that. That's revisionist history.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM

I will always believe that Carl/Gun ****ed this franchise far worse than Herm.

To this day, I continue to wonder what the franchise would have looked like if CP didn't fucking trade Jared Allen to appease his ego. And I still to this day believe that hiring Gun and Solari wasn't fully Herm's decision.

If we had a GM who didn't drive Allen away, allowed Herm to rebuild from the start, and did the right thing with the coordinator decision, this team would not have been that bad. I still think Herm was largely a 10-6, playoff liability. But in terms of a guy to bring the team along in the rebuild, I think he was more than equipped to do the job.

milkman
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
No, I didn't. I said that the new GM should hire whomever he thought would best fit his system and that it probably wouldn't be Herm, and I was okay with that. That's revisionist history.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was pretty certain you made that argument at least until Pioli was hired.

Revisionist history?

No.

Misremembering?

Possibly.

chiefzilla1501
04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I was pretty certain you made that argument at least until Pioli was hired.

Revisionist history?

No.

Misremembering?

Possibly.

No. I argued that Herm deserved another year even after Peterson was fired largely because I still believe he and Hunt had a silent agreement that Herm shouldn't be fired for making bold moves that are in the best interest of the franchise. And I stand by that--I thought it sucked that he fell on his sword for doing what was ultimately right. But I always said that if Hunt hired outside of the Peterson tree that the new GM should most definitely be allowed to bring in his own guy and run the system the way he wants it to be run, and that it most likely wouldn't be Herm. And I said that was the right thing to do.

It's not really misremembering. It's probably just misinterpreting an argument from way back when.

bh13
04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Herm took 3 seasons to destroy the chiefs

Herm wasn't the greatest coach, but to say he destroyed the team isn't accurate at all. Carl laid the groundwork for this collapse a long time ago.

2000 - Kansas City Chiefs
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 21 Sylvester Morris WR Jackson State
2 54 William Bartee CB Oklahoma
3 85 Greg Wesley SS Arkansas-Pine Bluff
4 115 Frank Moreau RB Louisville
5 153 Dante Hall RB Texas A&M
5 162 Pat Dennis CB Louisiana-Monroe
6 188 Darnell Alford T Boston College
7 208 Desmond Kitchings WR Furman

2001 - Kansas City Chiefs
3 75 Eric Downing DT Syracuse
3 77 Snoop Minnis WR Florida State
4 107 Monty Beisel DE Kansas State
4 108 George Layne RB Texas Christian
5 141 Billy Baber TE Virginia
5 150 Derrick Blaylock RB Stephen F. Austin St.
6 176 Alex Sulfsted T Miami (Ohio)
7 212 Shaunard Harts DB Boise State
7 243 Terdell Sands DT Tennessee-Chattanooga

2002 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 6 Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
2 43 Eddie Freeman DT Alabama-Birmingham
4 107 Omar Easy RB Penn State
5 143 Scott Fujita OLB California
7 221 Maurice Rodriguez -- Fresno State

2003 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 27 Larry Johnson RB Penn State
2 47 Kawika Mitchell MLB South Florida
3 92 Julian Battle CB Tennessee
4 113 Brett Williams T Florida State
5 153 Jordan Black G Notre Dame
6 189 Jimmy Wilkerson DE Oklahoma
7 230 Montique Sharpe DT Wake Forest
7 252 Willie Pile DB Virginia Tech

2004 - Kansas City Chiefs
2 36 Junior Siavii DT Oregon
2 61 Kris Wilson TE Pittsburgh
3 93 Keyaron Fox LB Georgia Tech
4 105 Samie Parker WR Oregon
4 126 Jared Allen DE Idaho State
6 195 Jeris McIntyre WR Auburn
7 231 Kevin Sampson T Syracuse

2005 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 15 Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
3 99 Dustin Colquitt P Tennessee
4 116 Craphonso Thorpe WR Florida State
5 138 Boomer Grigsby LB Illinois State
5 147 Alphonso Hodge CB Miami (Ohio)
6 187 Will Svitek T Stanford
6 199 Khari Long DE Baylor
7 229 James Kilian -- Tulsa
7 238 Jeremy Parquet T Southern Mississippi

2006 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 20 Tamba Hali DE Penn State
2 54 Bernard Pollard DB Purdue
3 85 Brodie Croyle QB Alabama
5 154 Marcus Maxey CB Miami (Fla.)
6 186 Tre' Stallings G Mississippi
6 190 Jeff Webb WR San Diego State
7 228 Jarrad Page DB UCLA

2007 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 23 Dwayne Bowe WR Louisiana State
2 54 Turk McBride DE Tennessee
3 82 Tank Tyler DT North Carolina State
5 148 Kolby Smith RB Louisville
5 160 Justin Medlock K UCLA
6 196 Herb Taylor T Texas Christian
7 231 Michael Allan TE Whitworth

2008 - Kansas City Chiefs
1 5 Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
1 15 Branden Albert T Virginia
2 35 Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
3 73 Jamaal Charles RB Texas
3 76 Brad Cottam TE Tennessee
3 82 DaJuan Morgan SAF North Carolina State
4 105 Will Franklin WR Missouri
5 140 Brandon Carr CB Grand Valley State
6 170 Barry Richardson T Clemson
6 182 Kevin Robinson WR Utah State
7 210 Brian Johnston DE Gardner-Webb
7 239 Mike Merritt TE Central Florida

Those drafts are terrible, up until Herm's last year at least. Not just in the amount of players no longer with the team, but the amount of players that aren't even in the league anymore.

Carl made the problem even worse by signing free agents that frequently didn't work out to big contracts that made them hard to cut. For all his faults so far, that's one thing Pioli's done well, keeping the free agent contracts reasonable (whether the player's are worth signing is another discussion).

As for Clausen, I'm not sold on him but I do agree with the thought process that you have to take a chance sometime. I'm not going to be upset either way come draft day, unless the pick is someone like Bulaga.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I love how narratives change.

First, Cassel is our franchise QB who could be like Tom Brady

Then, Cassel, is our franchise QB who could be our Trent Green

First, Cassel is our franchise guy for the forseeable future

Now, he's a transition guy

First, Cassel was better than a rookie b/c he had no learning curve

Now, he needs more experience as a starter.

What a fucking crock of shit these assholes constantly brew up to defend an incomprehensibly stupid trade.

DeezNutz
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes. I really didn't mind the calls. It's not like they were going to win anything anyway. Let's try this stuff and see what people can do while going through the growing pains.

Now they know Castille is too dumb to run that play. :doh!:

I'm sorry, dude. I was kidding.

I absolutely loathed that call and, on the great chain of idiocy, put it just behind Haley's legendary 4-8-28 and onside after the FG attempt inside the opponent's five.

In short, Haley was epically stupid with his game-day decisions. And I hope like hell having an OC will alleviate some of the dumbassery.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I love how narratives change.

First, Cassel is our franchise QB who could be like Tom Brady

Then, Cassel, is our franchise QB who could be our Trent Green

First, Cassel is our franchise guy for the forseeable future

Now, he's a transition guy

First, Cassel was better than a rookie b/c he had no learning curve

Now, he needs more experience as a starter.

What a ****ing crock of shit these assholes constantly brew up to defend an incomprehensibly stupid trade.

And we are assholes for saying it sucked donkey balls the day Pioli did the trade.

BigRedChief
04-15-2010, 06:52 AM
If we draft Claussen that means Haley is on his way out unless he produces something this year.

SAUTO
04-15-2010, 06:56 AM
If we draft Claussen that means Haley is on his way out unless he produces something this year.

why do you say that? i would figure that would give him more time not less

notorious
04-15-2010, 07:26 AM
And we are assholes for saying it sucked donkey balls the day Pioli did the trade.

Jesus, I was given never ending shit for starting a thread that stated this.

At least some people are finally coming around.

beach tribe
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Berry is the only guy who can keep me from losing my mind over the first round if we pass on Clausen.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Berry is the only guy who can keep me from losing my mind over the first round if we pass on Clausen.

Same here.

But I'm fully expecting them to pass on both.

beach tribe
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Same here.

But I'm fully expecting them to pass on both.

:doh!::mad::shake::deevee::#:cuss::$2500::PPL:grob%(/:crybaby:Raiduhs:bang::reaper::spank::shrug::Lin::4321:facepalm:

chiefzilla1501
04-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Wait, Haley? Or Cassel?

DeezNutz
04-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Jesus, I was given never ending shit for starting a thread that stated this.

At least some people are finally coming around.

LMAO. What?