PDA

View Full Version : My 2010 Chiefs Mock Draft

royr17
04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Here's who I would like to see the Chiefs get in this years draft guys, so tell me what you think.

Pick Player Pos Ht Wt College
Round 1, Pick 5 (5) Eric Berry S 5-11 211 Tennessee
Round 2, Pick 4 (36) Golden Tate WR 5-10 199 Notre Dame
Round 2, Pick 18 (50) (From Falcons) Brandon Spikes ILB 6-2 249 Florida
Round 3, Pick 4 (68) Linval Joseph DT 6-4 328 South Carolina
Round 4, Pick 4 (102) Jared Veldheer OT 6-8 312 Hillsdale
Round 5, Pick 5 (136) Eric Olsen C 6-3 306 Notre Dame
Round 5, Pick 11 (142) (From Dolphins) Darrell Stuckey S 5-11 205 Kansas
Round 5, Pick 13 (144) (From Panthers) Alterraun Verner CB 5-10 189 UCLA

milkman
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I only clicked on this thread because I was going to blast away at what I was certain was going to be epic dumbassery.

But this is actually not bad at all.

You have Spikes going way too high, and there are a couple of picks that don't really excite, but they aren't detestable either.

So, all in all, kudos for not being your usual dumbass self.

Saccopoo
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Solid draft all the way through. Good job.

I don't know if Stuckey is going to last until the fifth, but I think he's has the potential to be a really solid, versatile safety in the NFL. He impressed me the past two seasons at KU and he had an excellent combine showing a lot of people that he was quick/fast enough for the next level.

I'll disagree with Milk a bit on Spikes. I think he's the prototype for a 3-4 MLB and teams aren't going to be as concerned with his speed as a lot of people think. That he ran a 4.9 isn't really a concern, especially in a 3-4 system. Remember that both James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga ran 4.8 plus 40's as well and both were high second round draft picks. Brandon is at the same level that both of these guys are in terms of his college production, leadership and pro potential. With all the teams going to a 3-4 format, there will be a need for a true 3-4 Mike backer out there and there aren't really that many of those types of in this draft. (One of the few positions in this draft where there isn't a ton of guys.)

If Spikes was still there with the Chiefs second pick in the second round, I wouldn't have a problem with them picking him there. I wish that they had one more second or third rounder this year. A ton of talent in those rounds in this draft.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
I only clicked on this thread because I was going to blast away at what I was certain was going to be epic dumbassery.

But this is actually not bad at all.

You have Spikes going way too high, and there are a couple of picks that don't really excite, but they aren't detestable either.

So, all in all, kudos for not being your usual dumbass self.
even when you compliment somebody you insult them.

ROFL

Mecca
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Spikes 40 is a problem for his draft spot, since the year 2000, no LB that couldn't break 5 even got drafted.

Also the 2 guys after him are to low, but yea, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Spikes is a little high and Joesph is from East Carolina but other than that not bad.