for a high school

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1074494

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm guessing this is in Texas.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm guessing this is in Texas.

Allen, Texas. Its been floating around college message boards.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Texas is a stereotypical caricature of all the critiques of our society's decadence.

blaise
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Texas is a stereotypical caricature of all the critiques of our society's decadence.

It's no more decadent than any professional sports stadium in any state around the country. Just because a high school team plays there they should sit on wooden bleachers?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2010, 09:03 PM
It's no more decadent than any professional sports stadium in any state around the country. Just because a high school team plays there they should sit on wooden bleachers?

no surprise you're from Texas.

WHy would you spend that kind of money on a high school football field. Spend it on education.

blaise
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
no surprise you're from Texas.

WHy would you spend that kind of money on a high school football field. Spend it on education.

I live in Texas. I lived most of my life in New York State. The article says the money came from some bond that could only be used for certain projects like stadiums and performance arts centers, and that it didn't deduct from money spent on teachers in the district. It also says they spent the same amount on a performance arts center.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I live in Texas. I lived most of my life in New York State. The article says the money came from some bond that could only be used for certain projects like stadiums and performance arts centers, and that it didn't deduct from money spent on teachers in the district. It also says they spent the same amount on a performance arts center.

and both are a waste of money at that price. Just because you can get the money to spend doesn't mean you should.

blaise
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
and both are a waste of money at that price. Just because you can get the money to spend doesn't mean you should.

I admit, when I first saw the thread I thought it seemed ridiculous, but if people in the area use it and fill it then I don't think it's so bad.

warpaint*
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Dude you're arguing w/ a Kstate fan. In case you haven't figured out where the penis envy is coming from they play in what is the = of a high school stadium.

AustinChief
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM

#1 Allen High School is a big school
#2 the city has grown tremendously lately and can easily fill the stadium
#3 the stadium will be used by the whole community
#4 this is only AFTER they had built numerous new schools and maxed out their capacity on the "education" side of things
#5 it was a bond issue that the local people asked for.... their money... they can spent it how they damn well please especially since they have spent years neglecting an outdated stadium for the purpose of getting the schools up to snuff

I normally have problems with Texas' obsession with High School football... but this is really a nonissue.

Mile High Mania
04-15-2010, 04:36 AM
#1 Allen High School is a big school
#2 the city has grown tremendously lately and can easily fill the stadium
#3 the stadium will be used by the whole community
#4 this is only AFTER they had built numerous new schools and maxed out their capacity on the "education" side of things
#5 it was a bond issue that the local people asked for.... their money... they can spent it how they damn well please especially since they have spent years neglecting an outdated stadium for the purpose of getting the schools up to snuff

I normally have problems with Texas' obsession with High School football... but this is really a nonissue.

Yeah, I also live in the area... lots of suburbs have boomed over the last year and expansion is needed. They're building a lot of new schools in the Plano, Frisco, McKinney areas. And, with all these schools, you have to play football somewhere.

Allen isn't some rural Nebraska or Kansas location, where you have a school with 100 kids and the same 11 guys star on all the sports teams throughout their high school careers.

AndChiefs
04-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Yep read the article...they definitely seem to have taken care of any other issues first.