PDA

View Full Version : Life FAX And The Crazy Data Center Man

FAX
04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I know it's unusual for me to start a wacky thread. But two wacky threads in one week? Unthinkable.

But, you know, it's been a strange week chock full of strange occurrences including the one I am about to relate. Plus, this sad tale concludes with a serious question, so there really is an actual point to this. Okay ... let's see ... okay ... here we go ...

I own a business that requires a simple, small web server which I have had hosted at a locally-owned data center for the last couple of years. The monthly fee is $350 for pipe, services, etc. which I pay via credit card. I have provided the owner with an authorization form and he merely charges the card each month like clockwork.

Well, Monday the server went down. I became aware of this immediately because we subscribe to a service that monitors our site. So, I call the hosting company and speak with the cute, blond receptionist person. She informs me that the credit card had expired so I give her the new expiration date and thank her in advance for her assistance in getting the site back up.

(I don't know about you guys, but I don't monitor the expiration dates on my cards. Actually, I only know about it when I receive a replacement card from the bank. Perhaps I should be more attentive. Anyhow ...)

Now, had it been me facing a situation like this, I (them) would merely have called the customer (me), informed the customer (me) about the card, and requested either an updated expiration date or new card number. Simple. Instead, they (them) shut us (us) down without so much as a howdy do or a kiss my ass. But that's not all ... oh, no ...

Approximately 30 minutes later, I receive a call from the owner of the data center. He is literally shouting, ranting, raving, and (no doubt) drooling over the phone. He says stuff like; "I have to pay my bills on time." and "It's up to you to take care of these payments." and "I'm not responsible for your credit card." and "You need to send over a new authorization form." and things of that nature. I calmly and quietly suggest that he's exhibiting a 5 pound response to a 2 ounce problem since all he needs is the new expiration date. He says, "No. I need a new authorization form and I'm not turning you back on until I have it." So, he emails a new form, I fill it out, and fax it back to him. Strange deal, but maybe he's having a bad day. I move on.

But, later that evening, the cute, blond receptionist person calls me from her apartment. She apologizes for her boss's behavior and says she's leaving the company because he's so abusive and unpredictable. I express concern for her well-being and offer to give her a reference or two. At that point she tells me that her boss has gone bankrupt three (count 'em, 3) times and is currently being sued by numerous creditors. She also explains that a previous down time was caused because the leasing company that "owns" their router had barged unannounced into their office to pick it up one day and he had hidden the router from them causing the interruption in service. Apparently, in his last bankruptcy petition, he had failed to list all his assets (I didn't know you could do that).

"Oh my God in Heaven", says I. I then thank her most sincerely for the information, compliment her on her clothes, and phone the owner the following morning. I tell him that I wish to pay him a pro-rated amount for services to date and pick up my server. He tells me that they "don't pro-rate" and that I have to give him 30 days notice on top of that. I then suggest that he can screw himself with his wife's lover's brand new ratchet set over the 30 days notice and that I would present myself at his office at 2:00 pm to pick up the server.

So, at 2:00, I arrive at his office with an associate who happens to be able to bench press 400 pounds. I ring the bell and he comes out to the hallway to inform us that we can't go inside because he's hosting "Homeland Security" and that I need to come back at 4:00 because they're real damn busy right now.

I call the cops and show back up at 4:00 with my burly associate and a uniformed Nashville Police Officer. The officer rings the bell and requests to see the owner via the intercom. Over the intercom, the owner asks, "Do you have a warrant?" The officer says, "No" and the owner replies, "Then you can't come in. Homeland Security won't allow it." I then take my turn speaking with the owner via his fabulous intercom thing and inform him that I have come with cash and need to leave with my server. He says, "Put the money through the mail slot and I'll get your server." I stuff $350 bucks cash through the mail slot and, a few minutes later, a young tech opens the door to present me with my server and a receipt.

As we're leaving, the officer says, "Where did you find that guy? I'm sure we'll be back here at some point but, by the way, if you're working with Homeland Security, you can't tell people you're working with Homeland Security."

So, my question to you guys is this ... is that true? I can't imagine this dumbass whack job working for Homeland Security in the first place as I'm sure he couldn't pass the vetting process. But is it true that, if you're working with Homeland Security, you aren't allowed to tell people that you are?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Pushead2
04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
way too early for long readings....I'm sorry FAX, I've failed you.

FAX
04-15-2010, 08:25 AM
way too early for long readings....I'm sorry FAX, I've failed you.

ROFL

FAX

Bugeater
04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Now, had it been me facing a situation like this, I (them) would merely have called the customer (me), informed the customer (me) about the card, and requested either an updated expiration date or new card number. Simple. Instead, they (them) shut us (us) down without so much as a howdy do or a kiss my ass.
That reminds me of the short time that I had an AT&T cell phone. Something went awry with the EFT I had set up to pay my bill, and instead of CALLING ME ON THE DAMN PHONE I HAD THROUGH THEM, they just shut me down. So I went to their local authorized payment center and paid the bill in cash to get my phone turned back on, which still took a couple days. Then the SAME DAMN THING happened the next month. Needless to say, I was done with them at that point. And the best thing about it, is this happened in 2002 and they still have a collection agency harassing me over the fee for breaking the contract. It was at that time I vowed to never sign another contract with ANY cell phone company.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
homeland security my ass ... unless of course homeland security was there investigating him for something.

you are a gentler man than i ... he wouldn't of gotten that extra money from me

FAX
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
homeland security my ass ... unless of course homeland security was there investigating him for something.

you are a gentler man than i ... he wouldn't of gotten that extra money from me

Well, I was a little scared, to be honest. I didn't pay him the crazy "30 days notice" thing. I did, however, pay him for a full month although it was only the 13th or whatever.

I just wanted out of there.

FAX

Old Dog
04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm going to be in the minority here I'm sure, but you don't monitor when your CC expires, but you expect them to? Not too sure I see the reasoning there Mr Fax.
Granted I think they should have called you to let you know your service was about to be interrupted but I don't see where they're entirely at fault here.

Delano
04-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Your 400-pound-bench-pressing associate is the lonely Australian lady, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
04-15-2010, 08:45 AM
homeland security my ass ...

The reason I ask is that my guys are suggesting that we contact Homeland Security and inform them that this guy is stating that he's working for/with them. (His claim is that he's "hosting" for them.)

Honestly, I don't know if he's doing any harm by making the claim, but it's strange.

I wonder if it's simply an innovative way to avoid creditors. I mean, if Homeland Security won't allow people to gain access to his offices, it's going to be more difficult to confront the guy.

FAX

BigRedChief
04-15-2010, 08:48 AM
As we're leaving, the officer says, "Where did you find that guy? I'm sure we'll be back here at some point but, by the way, if you're working with Homeland Security, you can't tell people you're working with Homeland Security."

So, my question to you guys is this ... is that true? I can't imagine this dumbass whack job working for Homeland Security in the first place as I'm sure he couldn't pass the vetting process. But is it true that, if you're working with Homeland Security, you aren't allowed to tell people that you are?

FAX
First point that he is FOS:
I use to work for Homeland Security. I was told that I could tell people I worked for Homeland Security.

Second point that he is FOS:
Not a chance in hell that he is hosting anything even remotely close to anything Homeland Security related. That "stuff" is entirely controlled and managed by Homeland Security itself. And without risking going to jail I can't divulge more but trust me, thats some serious physical and personal security associated with that access. They don't contract out that "stuff".

Third point he is FOS:
If you get anything less than good credit you will lose your clearance. 67% of people nominated for clearances get rejected and about 80-90% is for credit issues. A conceled bankruptcy? That not only would get your clearance yanked you could get thrown in jail for violating the agreement you signed.

HC_Chief
04-15-2010, 08:49 AM
You can say you work for/with DHS; you cannot provide specifics however if you have a clearance.

For some higher level clearances you cannot say anything about your work with DHS/other, period.

The dude is obviously full of shit. DHS does not host with fly-by-night data centers. They have their own; fully stocked with contractors (because fedemps typically have no cluse about anything other than maintaining a tiny pathetic fiefdom).

FAX
04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm going to be in the minority here I'm sure, but you don't monitor when your CC expires, but you expect them to? Not too sure I see the reasoning there Mr Fax.
Granted I think they should have called you to let you know your service was about to be interrupted but I don't see where they're entirely at fault here.

I can see the point, to be sure, Mr. truebigdog. I'm always pleased to take responsibility for things that are my fault and/or responsibility. I just didn't view it as all that big of a deal, to be honest.

I don't go through my wallet every month to check my expiration dates. Perhaps I should, but I've never developed that habit. I know a card has expired when the bank sends me a replacement. In this case, it had been two years and I just didn't think about it.

Still and all, he'd been making $350 on me just like clockwork. Every month. For two years. I was a good customer. No hassle. No problems. It seemed as though shutting me off simply because the card expired was over the top. All he had to do was call, get the new date, and re-run the card. He could have done that the same day.

Instead, the guy was ranting. Yelling. Seriously weird. Scary weird. Bad enough that his receptionist felt it warranted an apology. He really was out of line over the phone. Nuts like.

FAX

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
The reason I ask is that my guys are suggesting that we contact Homeland Security and inform them that this guy is stating that he's working for/with them. (His claim is that he's "hosting" for them.)

Honestly, I don't know if he's doing any harm by making the claim, but it's strange.

I wonder if it's simply an innovative way to avoid creditors. I mean, if Homeland Security won't allow people to gain access to his offices, it's going to be more difficult to confront the guy.

FAX
i would be shocked if homeland security used servers in some strange man's office.

they are all about secure facilities ... like pentagon and military base secure.

Besides the people that work for Homeland Security are going to be the last ones to actually SAY the work for Homeland Security.

hey, if you have no skeletons in your closet that homeland security would be interested in then go ahead and tell them. Sounds like this asshole deserves it. :)

NewChief
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
This guy is obviously using the DHS thing as a way to avoid angry creditors and clients. He thinks he can somehow intimidate people or buy time with this DHS thing. It probably worked with a few people, so he's sticking with it.

RJ
04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll bet the owner is a Tea Partier guy.

Oops!!! Off to DC, sorry FAX!!!

Quick, let's create a diversion by discussing the cute, blond secretary. How do you know she was wearing clothes at all when she called you? Isn't it entirely possible that she had just stepped out of steamy hot shower and was wearing nothing but a terry cloth towel, barely concealing her perky young breasts?? Isn't it?

Frankly, I never know when my CC's expire unless I see it by accident. I usually find out when some company calls me to say "Sir, you CC has expired and we would like the new date so we can continue receiving money from you".

So back to the secretary.....

gblowfish
04-15-2010, 08:57 AM
You should give the hot blonde receptionist chick a job as your personal ball washer.

Rain Man
Call him and say goodbye and let him know that you recorded his statements about Homeland Security and are forwarding them on to Homeland Security since it's a national security violation. Then when he goes ballistic, give him the home address of your worst enemy (assuming it's not me) and let him know you'd be glad to discuss it if he wants to come over.

FAX

One other thing, Mr. truebigdog. Nashville is kind of a small town ... business wise, I mean. People know me. I'm fiscally responsible and, over the years, have made a lot of folks around here a lot of money.

Plus, I'm easy-going. Calm waters. A lot like Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins in that regard. There's no need to go nuts with me. If you have a problem, let's work it out ... maturely and sensibly ... that's my philosophy and my practice.

Personally, I think this guy is under phenomenal pressure and he snapped. I can even understand that. It's tough to go through. I do, however, have a problem with a guy who's at risk of losing his business holding possession of my server. That's why I needed it back.

I could deal with the insulting, condescending attitude ... but not the risk.

FAX

BigRedChief
Besides the people that work for Homeland Security are going to be the last ones to actually SAY the work for Homeland Security.I was told it was okay to tell people. But, I was just a techie, not the one going out and kicking down terriosts doors.

Rain Man
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh, and I have a question. What does the fact that he's Australian have to do with this?

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I was told it was okay to tell people. But, I was just a techie, not the one going out and kicking down terriosts doors.
i didn't say they couldn't ... i just figured they wouldn't

seriously, if you are doing some serious shit like that with Homeland Security are you really gonna run around and announce it and take the chance of bringing more hassle down on yourself? Not me ... keep your mouth shut and do you job.

FAX
04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh, and I have a question. What does the fact that he's Australian have to do with this?

The servers run backwards.

FAX

Reerun_KC
04-15-2010, 09:06 AM
You should give the hot blonde receptionist chick a job as your personal ball washer.

I would hire her, just to flip you off every day...

:thumb:

RJ
04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I think I'm confused. I should have read the Australian thread first. This is like watching a Rambo Film Festival in reverse order, only without anything getting blown up.

BigRedChief
04-15-2010, 09:11 AM
i didn't say they couldn't ... i just figured they wouldn't

seriously, if you are doing some serious shit like that with Homeland Security are you really gonna run around and announce it and take the chance of bringing more hassle down on yourself? Not me ... keep your mouth shut and do you job.I was considered a terrorist target for a while. They called me into the Federal Security directors office and sat me down with HR and some security guy in the room to tell me. Must have been some legal thing. They were concerned about people with admin access being forced to disclose the password. Scared the chit out of me, thought I was getting fired or arrested.

Later they figured out that there were too many people with that access to worry about. Didn't make me feel better.:shake:

FAX
04-15-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll bet the owner is a Tea Partier guy.

Oops!!! Off to DC, sorry FAX!!!

I don't think he's partying much these days, to be honest. Unless it's one of those "Let's Chop The Employees Into Tiny Pieces With An Axe" parties.

Quick, let's create a diversion by discussing the cute, blond secretary. How do you know she was wearing clothes at all when she called you? Isn't it entirely possible that she had just stepped out of steamy hot shower and was wearing nothing but a terry cloth towel, barely concealing her perky young breasts?? Isn't it?

Well, I didn't know what she was wearing at the time, that's true. However, I'd seen her on several occasions and she was always a very snappy dresser. She apparently had an affinity for those really tight pants ... like spandex, but not spandex, you know? And she also always presented a tad bit of cleavage which is always appreciated by cleavage connoisseurs such as myself. Especially when the long, blond hair cascades down in such a way as to gently tickle the soft, inner breast like a feather.

Frankly, I never know when my CC's expire unless I see it by accident. I usually find out when some company calls me to say "Sir, you CC has expired and we would like the new date so we can continue receiving money from you". ...

Yeah ... maybe I need to work on that part. Honestly, I don't pay any attention to that at all. I don't know why.

FAX

FAX
04-15-2010, 09:14 AM
I was considered a terrorist target for a while. They called me into the Federal Security directors office and sat me down with HR and some security guy in the room to tell me. Must have been some legal thing. They were concerned about people with admin access being forced to disclose the password. Scared the chit out of me, thought I was getting fired or arrested.

Later they figured out that there were too many people with that access to worry about. Didn't make me feel better.:shake:

I never thought about that aspect of it.

So, it stands to reason that a person who is "hosting" Homeland Security data would have some access to either the data or the passwords necessary to access the data. That would make you a target, wouldn't it?

Honestly, I just can't imagine this guy being able to pass the vetting process. I think he's lying.

FAX

BigRedChief
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I never thought about that aspect of it.

So, it stands to reason that a person who is "hosting" Homeland Security data would have some access to either the data or the passwords necessary to access the data. That would make you a target, wouldn't it?

Honestly, I just can't imagine this guy being able to pass the vetting process. I think he's lying.

FAXI'm surprised I passed. I was a pretty wild, hard living dude until I hit 30.

FAX
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm surprised I passed. I was a pretty wild, hard living dude until I hit 30.

I just remembered something else. He also told me that he recorded all the phone conversations at his office, Mr. BigRedChief. When I suggested that it might be a good idea to inform people of that practice, he stated that notification wasn't legally necessary and that Homeland Security required that he record all conversations.

Does that sound reasonable? I mean, does it sound right that Homeland Security would require that all phone conversations be taped?

FAX

BigRedChief
04-15-2010, 09:26 AM
I just remembered something else. He also told me that he recorded all the phone conversations at his office, Mr. BigRedChief. When I suggested that it might be a good idea to inform people of that practice, he stated that notification wasn't legally necessary and that Homeland Security required that he record all conversations.

Does that sound reasonable? I mean, does it sound right that Homeland Security would require that all phone conversations be taped?

FAXBull frikin chit.

gblowfish
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
This guy who runs the service, is his name "Tommy Flanagan" and is he married to Morgan Fairchild by any chance?

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM

FAX
bullshit

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Pics of cute, blond receptionist girl please.....

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Sounds like this guy pulls this Homeland Security bullshit out to intimidate people into doing what he wants or as an excuse to be a douche.

vailpass
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
First point that he is FOS:
I use to work for Homeland Security. I was told that I could tell people I worked for Homeland Security.

Second point that he is FOS:
Not a chance in hell that he is hosting anything even remotely close to anything Homeland Security related. That "stuff" is entirely controlled and managed by Homeland Security itself. And without risking going to jail I can't divulge more but trust me, thats some serious physical and personal security associated with that access. They don't contract out that "stuff".

Third point he is FOS:
If you get anything less than good credit you will lose your clearance. 67% of people nominated for clearances get rejected and about 80-90% is for credit issues. A conceled bankruptcy? That not only would get your clearance yanked you could get thrown in jail for violating the agreement you signed.

Reasons I think your ex-data guy was full of mango:

*If the claim was that there was sensitive, secured federal government work being done within a non-secured building such that a police officer could not enter that work would have been taking place in a SCIF.
*Communication from within a SCIF is accomplished only through cleared channels and only with other cleared, authorized individuals.
*This would never, under any circumstances, include an intercom.
*SCIF designation is extremely hard to obtain and is awarded only after a long and arduous process.
*A TS/SCI full poly clearance or any other form of clearance is next to impossible to obtain with 3 bankruptcies on your record.
*Real gangsta ass don't run they mouth cuz real gangsta ass know they got it.

FAX
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Bull frikin chit.

ROFL

Amazing. Actually, it's an extremely creative and innovative way to evade people you don't want to see. He can hunker in his bunker and anytime an undesirable visitor stops by, it's Homeland Security up your ass. Brilliant, really.

Well, I can now predict with certainty a full implosion in this guy's near future because he's actually telling people all this junk. As I mentioned, Nashville is a small town. People talk. He's sunk.

FAX

FAX
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Sounds like this guy pulls this Homeland Security bullshit out to intimidate people into doing what he wants or as an excuse to be a douche.

Exactly what I'm realizing, Mr. Laz. When you are first exposed to all this stuff, you really don't know what to think or how to respond. It's only later that you begin to reflect on the absurdity of it all ... if you aren't readily familiar with the actual workings of Homeland Security, I mean.

FAX

Gonzo
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Highly doubtful that homeland security would route any of their comms via an individual with such a shady reputation FAX.
They may be monitoring him, however.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Highly doubtful that homeland security would route any of their comms via an individual with such a shady reputation FAX.
They may be monitoring him, however.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. Another "tell" is the fact that he volunteered the Homeland Security stuff three separate times to three separate individuals over the course of those two days ... as though he were attempting to impress us ... or, as Mr. Laz said, use his relationship with the DHS as some sort of leverage.

I don't think a company that is actually transacting business with Homeland Security would casually announce that fact to mere customers or complete strangers for no clear reason.

As James Lovell once remarked; "Houston, we have a tool."

FAX

Gonzo
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
LMAO

Indeed.
I'm a month removed from working with the DHS on a weekly basis. I have several certifications and clearances which allowed me to do so. I'm fairly certain that they did an extensive background check on me beforehand.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
So, yesterday I'm sitting in my beautifully appointed home office drinking a fresh, hot cup of joe and thinking about my next strategic business move, when I receive a call from a data center guy from Murphreesboro, Tennessee. I don't know this person, but I'm nice and stuff and inquire into the purpose for his call.

It turns out he wants my business because he's purchased all the accounts from the crazy data center guy who said he was working with Homeland Security. Apparently, NES shut the original data center guy down because he owed over 30 grand in past due electric bills. Then, the IRS yellow-taped his door on account of past due payroll taxes. Then, the Predators (or the partnership that owns them) sued the guy for about 200k for defaulting on a sponsorship arrangement. The crazy data center guy promised to hook them up with local phone service and fiber optic cable at the Sommet Center (the Preds' home ice). It seems the guy didn't pay the people who installed the cable, so the Preds had to pay them. Then, the phone service went out for lack of payment one week before the CMA Awards show, so the Preds had to pay the phone company, too. On top of that, the crazy data center guy defaulted on 120k due to the Preds for the sponsorship.

Anyhow, all this went down about a month after I got my stuff out of his facility. There is a God. And, there is a crazy data center guy.

FAX THE FORTUNATE

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
So, what you're saying is the cute blonde probably needs a job?

So, yesterday I'm sitting in my beautifully appointed home office drinking a fresh, hot cup of joe and thinking about my next strategic business move, when I receive a call from a data center guy from Murphreesboro, Tennessee. I don't know this person, but I'm nice and stuff and inquire into the purpose for his call.

It turns out he wants my business because he's purchased all the accounts from the crazy data center guy who said he was working with Homeland Security. Apparently, NES shut the original data center guy down because he owed over 30 grand in past due electric bills. Then, the IRS yellow-taped his door on account of past due payroll taxes. Then, the Predators (or the partnership that owns them) sued the guy for about 200k for defaulting on a sponsorship arrangement. The crazy data center guy promised to hook them up with local phone service and fiber optic cable at the Sommet Center (the Preds' home ice). It seems the guy didn't pay the people who installed the cable, so the Preds had to pay them. Then, the phone service went out for lack of payment one week before the CMA Awards show, so the Preds had to pay the phone company, too. On top of that, the crazy data center guy defaulted on 120k due to the Preds for the sponsorship.

Anyhow, all this went down about a month after I got my stuff out of his facility. There is a God. And, there is a crazy data center guy.

FAX THE FORTUNATE

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 02:32 PM
You should never try to screw over a group known as The Predators.

I'm glad you were able to escape the crazy data center guy. But I have to ask: what ever became of the cute blonde receptionist? Hopefully she was able to leave and find another good receptionist job and wasn't out of work long enough that she was forced to become a stripper, demeaning herself by dancing naked and sitting on the laps of visiting Japanese business men after icing down parts of her body that respond to being iced down.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
So, what you're saying is the cute blonde probably needs a job?

You beat me to it. Now that we know FAX is okay, this really is the most pressing issue.

FAX
01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
She moved on. Used me as a reference and I was happy to oblige.

She called to thank me, too. She did not, however, offer to privately model her new bikini for me. I felt a little sad, to be honest. It seems like the least a hot blond could do for a guy like me who has been so helpful in her career is to drop by and model her new bikini.

FAX

RockChalk
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Pics, or the blonde was just a figment of your imagination.

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
She moved on. Used me as a reference and I was happy to oblige.

She called to thank me, too. She did not, however, offer to privately model her new bikini for me. I felt a little sad, to be honest. It seems like the least a hot blond could do for a guy like me who has been so helpful in her career is to drop by and model her new bikini.

FAX

Women. Hmph.

JD10367
01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I think the Crazy Data Center Guy is living in Rain Man's walls.

Too bad it's not the hot blonde secretary.

Skyy God
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I think the Crazy Data Center Guy is living in Rain Man's walls.

Too bad it's not the hot blonde secretary.

Given the possibility of debts to "nonstandard lenders", he may be in someone's walls, just not alive.

RockChalk
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Given the possibility of debts to "nonstandard lenders", he may be in someone's walls, just not alive.

More likely to be in someone's foundation

FAX
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
To me, the interesting aspect of crazy data center man's deal is this; he made a big splash here in Nashville when he opened up for business. He joined the Chamber (got himself on a couple of tech-centric committees), was written up in the Business Journal as one of the top, local entrepreneurs, and made a real big deal of his relationship with the Predators ... and that's just for starters.

The point is that, anybody looking at his business from the outside would have been impressed with his rapid rise in the community. Obviously, though, it was all just a facade. Let this be a warning to all you young entrepreneurs out there in Planetland. You can't judge a cute, blond receptionist until you see her in her new bikini.

FAX

Inspector
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I manage and oversee the crew that operates a 120,000 sq foot data center for a mega corporation. I can't even imagine how fast all of us would be out the door if we treated any customer - no matter how small - like that.

Good luck Mr. FAX. Nobody deserves that treatment.

Inspector
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Also - I use a company provided credit card for an account we have with UPS. A few weeks ago my card expired - which I overlooked - and do you know what UPS did? They kept on providing the service and allowed me to just give them the new date and applied that to the weekly charge. No problem.

That's how you handle customers who's credit cards expired.

HemiEd
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Not meaning to jump to conclusions or anything, but I think this represents what might have happened to the crazy data center guy.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mdjqdx.jpg