PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy "I can't throw the ball and catch it too" Clausen?

DaWolf
04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Edit: Here is the video, watch and judge for yourself. The PFT post is a bit misleading in that it doesn't tell the whole story.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5089195&categoryid=2459789

-----
Who knows. Peyton Manning has thrown guys under the bus before as well. I guess at the end of the day the only thing that matters is do you perform. Still, Clausen needs to be careful where he points the finger in public, it can get you in trouble early in your career in terms of winning over teammates...

Clausen's segment with Gruden hints at a leadership flaw (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/clausens-segment-with-gruden-hints-at-a-leadership-flaw/)
Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2010 10:07 AM ET
We've been fascinated by Jon Gruden's recent segments with the 2010 elite quarterback prospects, even though we realize that Gruden is treating the effort as part of his broader plan to eventually get back into the NFL -- and with maximum options and leverage when he's ready to make the jump. (Indeed, that's the real reason he's so positive about every team, owner, and player when he's on the air, and we'd have a ton of extra respect for him if he'd simply admit it.)

The latest snippet being played on the SportsCenter cycle features Gruden working with Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen. And it contains an arguable example of Clausen demonstrating the kind of leadership hiccup that some have pinned onto his portfolio.

Breaking down an ugly interception thrown by Clausen against North Carolina, where the only man open was wearing a powder blue jersey, Gruden asked Clausen what happened on the play.

Said Clausen, "So we got 50 hitch read called, and I gave [the receiver] a signal telling him to run a fade."

"Didn't get it?" Gruden said.

"He got it, [but] he just kept [the original route] on," Clausen said.

Undercarriage of bus? Meet Notre Dame receiver.

On camera, Gruden seemed to measure his words carefully but he still made the unmistakable point that in this situation the blame falls to the quarterback. Off camera, we're hoping that Gruden pulled Clausen aside and said, "Look, Jimmy. You're already getting killed by Todd McShay for having leadership and maturity issues. When you publicly blame your receiver for something that ultimately was your responsibility, you give guys like McShay something tangible to point to. You never publicly blame your teammate like that, not right after the game or six months later or six years later. And if he told you that he saw the hand signal but that for whatever reason he chose to ignore it, then you resolve the situation in house. Regardless, you take the responsibility for not giving the guy a clear signal, for not being sure that he got it, or for not having the kind of relationship with your receiver where he'd never dare do anything other than what you tell him to do."

And, no, we don't know whether Gruden said anything like that. But if he's really trying to help the players and not simply himself, he sure as hell should have.

Regardless, the show airs tonight on ESPN at 7:00 p.m. ET. And the DVR already has been programmed to capture it.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
How did he fucking blame the receiver in that case? He said that he got the signal....but kept going. It's not like he said the kid was retarded or that he chose to ignore the signal.

JFC this shit is getting out of hand.

Bowser
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
One of his FOUR monster picks last year, huh?

I remember Trent Green throwing a fit after throwing a relatively easy pick six to the Eagles at Arrowhead. Every QB does it.

Fish
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Huh?

Jimmy gave the WR a signal for a different route, and he said he got it, but didn't actually run the different route.

How is that demonstration of Jimmy being an asshole? What else could he do? The WR didn't run the route that he called. That happens.

Pointing out miscommunication between QB and WR isn't what I would consider "Throwing him under the bus." He probably could have worded it better, but I see this as a pretty poor example of his purported arrogant asshole disposition....

Reaper16
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
You know what I don't ever give a shit about? People taking responsibility for shit that isn't their fault. Its so boring and vapid and transparent. You see receivers running the wrong routes all the time even in the NFL. In professional football players should own up to their own mistakes. I really couldn't care less about a QB lying his ass off to protect the feelings of a teammate. I mean, don't go out of your way to put blame on people. But I kind of like Clausen's honesty here.

BTW -- nice misleading thread title.

notorious
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I bet Peyton Manning wanted to say the same thing after the SB........

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Man....If Clausen changed the route during a play to expose the D and Dwayne ****ing Bowe decided to ignore it or run the wrong route and a pick was the end result because of it......I'd expect Jimmy to be all up in Bowe's face. The great ones do. They expect to win and expect you to know what the **** you're doing out there.

This thread only makes me feel better about our chances of taking Jimmy. Sounds like a perfect match for Todd Haley to me.

The pussification of the NFL continues.

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 09:53 AM
You know what I don't ever give a shit about? People taking responsibility for shit that isn't their fault. Its so boring and vapid and transparent. You see receivers running the wrong routes all the time even in the NFL. In professional football players should own up to their own mistakes. I really couldn't care less about a QB lying his ass off to protect the feelings of a teammate. I mean, don't go out of your way to put blame on people. But I kind of like Clausen's honesty here.

+100

Reaper16
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Man....If Clausen changed the route during a play to expose the D and Dwayne ****ing Bowe decided to ignore it or run the wrong route and a pick was the end result because of it......I'd expect Jimmy to be all up in Bowe's face. The great ones do. They expect to win and expect you to know what the **** you're doing out there.

This thread only makes me feel better about our chances of taking Jimmy. Sounds like a perfect match for Todd Haley to me.

Hmmm. Good point.

the Talking Can
04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
i watched the segment, it didn't come off that way at all to me....

Reaper16
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Later on in that segment, Gruden is giving him some harsh words and what does Jimmy do? Does he object? Defend himself? Nope; he takes out a pen and writes down the criticisms.

I'm really not seeing the leadership flaws that the Gruden segment is said to reveal.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
People are searching high and low for evidence of this so-called "leadership issue", and this is the best they can do?

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Later on in that segment, Gruden is giving him some harsh words and what does Jimmy do? Does he object? Defend himself? Nope; he takes out a pen and writes down the criticisms.

I'm really not seeing the leadership flaws that the Gruden segment is said to reveal.

Did you see what Bradford did when Gruden criticized him?

Chewed on a marker and mumbled, "Uh huh" a few times.

the Talking Can
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
the point gruden made was that if a coach trusts his QB to make hand signal adjustments, then the QB HAS to make sure it gets done properly, no excuses....

he was really making a point about the level of responsibility in the nfl, that no coach is going to give a shit why it didn't work...the writer is really digging to make this about claussen throwing a wr under the bus, which he didn't

really a poor excuse for an article

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
the point gruden made was that if a coach trusts his QB to make hand signal adjustments, then the QB HAS to make sure it gets done properly, no excuses....

he was really making a point about the level of responsibility in the nfl, that no coach is going to give a shit why it didn't work...the writer is really digging to make this about claussen throwing a wr under the bus, which he didn't

really a poor excuse for an article

That's Mike Florio for you.

He's running out of things to say with a week to go, and he needs to drive traffic to his website.

buddha
04-15-2010, 10:15 AM

I couldn't agree more. So a kid gets ripped for being honest in a situation where he's being asked to be frank with a former NFL coach? What's the alternative here? I guess he could take the blame and look like an idiot because he didn't know the difference? He could have side stepped the question and gotten ripped for that too?

This is all such bullshit...seriously. Either the kid can play or he can't.

If anything, this improved Clausen's image to me. Tell it like it is and be respectful about it. If people are such pansies that they think that's a character flaw, F*** 'em.

beach tribe
04-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Only an idiot would draw this conclusion from Clausen's response.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBFBUzZHtk

It starts at around 1:06.

What the reporter leaves out is that Clausen says that it was a miscommunication between the two of them.

Dave Lane
04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
There's no need to throw your receiver under the bus. You threw the pass. If he was running a different route you should have noticed. Its no big deal in my mind, but the receiver did not run throw the pass. I don't think its any real knock on Jimmy but when you take responsibility for things that are obviously not your fault in my mind it makes you a bigger man IMHO.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
There's no need to throw your receiver under the bus. You threw the pass. If he was running a different route you should have noticed. Its no big deal in my mind, but the receiver did not run throw the pass. I don't think its any real knock on Jimmy but when you take responsibility for things that are obviously not your fault in my mind it makes you a bigger man IMHO.

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

The QB throws the ball to where the receiver should be. He doesn't wait for the receiver to do his thing and THEN throw the ball.

DaWolf
04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBFBUzZHtk

It starts at around 1:06.

What the reporter leaves out is that Clausen says that it was a miscommunication between the two of them.

The video doesn't appear as available for me, but if that is true, then you are right, the post by Florio is misleading. That would be what I would expect the QB to do, say it was a "miscommunication", and then handle the issue in the meeting rooms and practice field...

notorious
04-15-2010, 10:24 AM

Have you ever heard the term "throw the receiver open"?

The ball is thrown to where the receiver needs to be.

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
The QB throws the ball to where the receiver should be. He doesn't wait for the receiver to do his thing and THEN throw the ball.

*cough* Matt Cassel *cough*

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2010, 10:36 AM
One of his FOUR monster picks last year, huh?

I remember Trent Green throwing a fit after throwing a relatively easy pick six to the Eagles at Arrowhead. Every QB does it.

I remember Trent getting on Snoop Minnis, and telling him that was the wrong route after an INT. At the same time Trent didn't say that publicly to the media. It was wrong on Clausen's part, but he'll learn to hold back comments to the media. It's not like a 27 year old QB saying he had a good game when he had a 10/29 2 INT game

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I can't wait until 7 more days pass and I wont have to hear the gargling sound of a bunch of homers choking on JC's dick anymore.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Jesus, Florio.

Clausen specifically says it was a mis-communication between him and the WR.

And Florio leaves it out.

What a fuckstain.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I can't wait until 7 more days pass and I wont have to hear the gargling sound of a bunch of homers choking on JC's dick anymore.

Sweet.....and I can't wait until the usual 75% of the fanbase starts making excuses for Cassel yet again.

Reaper16
04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I will never listen to you when it comes to QB play ever, ever, ever again. What stupid fucking thing to say.

Coogs
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a thread over in the Lounge about the 81 Chargers and the 81 49ers. There is a classic exchange between Fouts and Winslow. You really need to see it. I can not begin to do it justice here in words.

And there is also a piece on Montana taking the blame for every single mistake. Fumbled snaps, Interceptions, wrong routes, everything. Teammates loved him.

Thing is, teammates loved Fouts too.

Which way is better? :shrug:

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
There's no need to throw your receiver under the bus. You threw the pass. If he was running a different route you should have noticed.

I will never listen to you when it comes to QB play ever, ever, ever again. What stupid fucking thing to say.

Holy shit, I missed that the first time.

I'm not sure I have enough of these:

:facepalm:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/2vjso51jpg.gif

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm.gif

http://i34.tinypic.com/a5ckll.gif

http://i34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.gif

http://www.mikey-san.net/static/bucket/ari-gtfo.gif

the Talking Can
04-15-2010, 10:56 AM

i can't wait till the draft is over and all of saccobats dupes magically disappear...

Reaper16
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Holy shit, I missed that the first time.

I'm not sure I have enough of these:

:facepalm:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/2vjso51jpg.gif

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm.gif

http://i34.tinypic.com/a5ckll.gif

http://i34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.gif

http://www.mikey-san.net/static/bucket/ari-gtfo.gif

Some more to add on to the pile:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/30kx3zo.gif

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/Residentfalcon-1.gif

RealSNR
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Lol. Sportscenter was showing clips from the interview. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TEAMS LOOKING TO DRAFT CLAUSEN????????/// DIDN'T RYAN LEAF HAVE THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE PROBLEM??1/3LEKDJFDG

Clausen was #1a on my board for the Chiefs. Berry was #1b. After looking at this report, Clausen has now advanced himself to #1 and Berry is now #2. And that's not even to discredit Berry, that's simply how firmly I believe Clausen to be the right pick for us.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Some more to add on to the pile:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/30kx3zo.gif

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/Residentfalcon-1.gif

Speaking of pie in the face, one of my favorites:

http://i39.tinypic.com/334hr8h.jpg

bowener
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM

I saw some of Colt McCoy's segment with Gruden, and how Colt gave up stupid sacks to Suh in the championship game. McCoy looked lost, scared, and down right stupid at times. It didn't look like he was taking the criticism very well at that point. To be fair, Gruden is pretty damn intimidating when he gets down to the brass tacks and gives it to you like it really is... plus his eyes are fucking evil looking, like he is calculating how to kill decapitate you and fuck your throat hole.

Dave Lane
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
This is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

Yeah after a lot of your posts you say this. Good one :thumb:

But seriously If the original pattern is a fly breaking off to a slant I can see it. If the original play was a slant and he changied the play to a fly and the QB doesn't notice the WR is slanting then its on the QB. He should look off him and go elsewhere with the ball. Actually you see GOOD QBs can actually look at more than one WR and see if they are open or in the right spot and deliver the ball there. If they are blanketed or in the wrong place you don't throw the ball to them. But with Croyle being mister laser lock it may not apply to him.

I assumed that would be a easy point but apparently its is not.

Not saying this makes Clausen a bad QB or anything else his VERY low INT rate is superb but that doesn't mean the WR is totally at fault.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
And the hole gets deeper.

LMAO

Chiefnj2
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
People are going to see what they want to see from these videos. People who like Clausen will say he's being honest. People who have reservations about Clausen will say he might be throwing his teammate under the bus. Some people will not that when Cassel yelled at a lineman people said he was a jerk, so why is it okay for Jimmy to throw his receiver under the bus. Some people will look at the Colt video and say he looked scared and couldn't take criticism, while others will not that Colt gave the correct assessments "I should have thrown the ball away".

DaWolf
04-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I have a thread over in the Lounge about the 81 Chargers and the 81 49ers. There is a classic exchange between Fouts and Winslow. You really need to see it. I can not begin to do it justice here in words.

And there is also a piece on Montana taking the blame for every single mistake. Fumbled snaps, Interceptions, wrong routes, everything. Teammates loved him.

Usually it won't matter so long as a QB is good and wins. I think every QB has their moments. Heck I even remember Rich Gannon calling out some of his teammates publicly one year with the Raiders. Sometimes a QB just slips up, sometimes the situation may actually call for it based on who you are dealing with. But I think you can only get away with it after you have firmly entrenched yourself as "the man." If Matt Cassel had started ripping on guys last year for dropping passes, no one in that locker room would want to put in any extra effort for the guy. The flip side of the argument is that if Matt Cassel isn't getting into the receiver's face on the field or behind closed doors demanding perfection, then the receiver may never pick his game up. And for the most part, only a QB who is playing well over the long haul would have the credibility to do that (which leads to the whole convo of why teams with franchise QB's are generally more successful, because those QB's have the credibility to do that sort of thing and truly demand more of their teammates, thus raising the level of play around them).

It's the same thing with coaching, if Bill Belichick does something like trading Seymour, for the most part he's hailed as a genius because he has credibility (not so much with the fourth down call in Indy) and people still want to play for him. But if Josh McDaniels or Todd Haley do something similar, they don't have that same credibility, and are looked upon much differently...

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah after a lot of your posts you say this. Good one :thumb:

But seriously If the original pattern is a fly breaking off to a slant I can see it. If the original play was a slant and he changied the play to a fly and the QB doesn't notice the WR is slanting then its on the QB. He should look off him and go elsewhere with the ball. Actually you see GOOD QBs can actually look at more than one WR and see if they are open or in the right spot and deliver the ball there. If they are blanketed or in the wrong place you don't throw the ball to them. But with Croyle being mister laser lock it may not apply to him.

I assumed that would be a easy point but apparently its is not.

Not saying this makes Clausen a bad QB or anything else his VERY low INT rate is superb but that doesn't mean the WR is totally at fault.

Really dude? Do you honestly think that the QB waits on the receiver to make his break before he throws the ball?

Chiefnj2
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Did the 73 Fouts act the same way as the 81 Fouts?

Dave Lane
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Really dude? Do you honestly think that the QB waits on the receiver to make his break before he throws the ball?

Really dude? Do you honestly think that the QB throws the ball to the receiver without looking to see if he is triple covered, fell down, is running the wrong route or got bumped off his route? He just throws to a spot regardless of any other information?

Chiefnj2
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Even if it was a fade route, the pass would be incomplete. The safety got over in plenty of time and a corner was on the guy anyway.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Really dude? Do you honestly think that the QB throws the ball to the receiver without looking to see if he is triple covered, fell down, is running the wrong route or got bumped off his route? He just throws to a spot regardless of any other information?

That's called reading the defense. If Clausen waited for the WR to make his break....and then decided not to throw him the ball and look elsewhere....he'd be Matt Cassel. A QB doesn't have that much time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2010, 11:48 AM

You really shouldn't post about football until you understand at least a little bit of how the game is played.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
You really shouldn't post about football until you understand at least a little bit of how the game is played.

Seriously.

If this were a fight, it would have been called already.

Somebody's leakin'.

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
People are going to see what they want to see from these videos. People who like Clausen will say he's being honest. People who have reservations about Clausen will say he might be throwing his teammate under the bus. Some people will not that when Cassel yelled at a lineman people said he was a jerk, so why is it okay for Jimmy to throw his receiver under the bus. Some people will look at the Colt video and say he looked scared and couldn't take criticism, while others will not that Colt gave the correct assessments "I should have thrown the ball away".

Who called Cassel a jerk for yelling at his linemen? I doubt it was anyone in this thread (pro-Clausen).

And you're right people will see what they wanna see. But, they wouldn't be seeing an asshole QB if the Douches from ESPN would stop fabricating stories.

People just piggyback off of each other. Now all of a sudden, Jimmy is an asshole who can't lead. He chalked it up to mis-communication. That's exactly what it was. They miscommunicated and the wr ran the wrong route. I dont see how that makes Jimmy an asshole.

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Seriously.

If this were a fight, it would have been called already.

Somebody's leakin'.

CALL THE AMBER LAMPS!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah, but it's ChiefsPlanet, where no one will cop to a stupid opinion and they think that just slinging retarded thoughts out there earns you a participation ribbon.

There are a lot of things I know absolutely nothing about:

Construction trades, cars, computer networking, the list goes on and on. But you don't see me throwing my opinion into threads dealing with those subjects as though it has weight, and then defending an absolutely stupid and demonstrably false take as though it were fact.

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM
CALL THE AMBER LAMPS!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3LK1CChb08&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3LK1CChb08&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM
The most impressive thing about that was how Gruden didn't faze Clausen one bit.

He stared that sucker down. Didn't flinch once.

You could tell what he was thinking.

"Fuck you, I threw four interceptions last year, I'm about to make $30 million, and you work for ESPN. You ain't shit. Someone find me a coach who will actually play me instead of a 32-year old veteran."

CoMoChief
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
So lets see.....he told the WR the play, and the WR didn't do what he was told.

Now the QB is being blamed and now there are questions about leadership?

ROFL Really? Try not to be retarded next time you post this shit.

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Just wondering...how long with the crying continue if we don't end up with Clausen?

Like if we don't end up with Clausen and Cassel has a mediocre season next season...Will we have to read endless Clausen posts until next April?

Hammock Parties
04-15-2010, 12:03 PM
"I'll stalk you down, Jimmy, I'll come and find you."

"Mmmmmm hmmmmmmmm." :rolleyes:

*writes on notepad never agree to an interview with Jon Gruden ever again*

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Just wondering...how long with the crying continue if we don't end up with Clausen?

Like if we don't end up with Clausen and Cassel has a mediocre season next season...Will we have to read endless Clausen posts until next April?

I would be disappointed if we didn't.

There isn't one way (your way) to be a fan: blindly support stupid decisions.

You are a paying customer (in many, many of our cases) of this franchise. They don't exist without us. As such, we have the right to voice our displeasure and have it heard.

We aren't always right, but it's idiotic to assume that we should be mindless automatons rubber stamping every decision they make.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
yep

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Actually I was asking the question in all seriousness...I wouldn't be upset at all if we drafted Clausen.

(Edit: I just don't think it is going to happen, especially with the #5)

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 12:05 PM

Yes. Because we'll be back to rub shit in everyone's faces.

ToxSocks
04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Actually I was asking the question in all seriousness...I wouldn't be upset at all if we drafted Clausen.

(Edit: I just don't think it is going to happen, especially with the #5)

Then why are you so upset about people posting there opinion that we need a real QB? We may not get him at #5. I think it will be Berry. BUT, we may trade up for him if he slips far enough. That I DO believe.

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes. Because we'll be back to rub shit in everyone's faces.

HAhaha. Awesome...If someone else drafts him, and he has a solid season....I would expect nothing less!

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
This place will be unbearable if we do take him.

The "Anti-QB" crowd will be expecting the kid to turn water into wine the minute he steps on the field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
This place will be unbearable if we do take him.

The "Anti-QB" crowd will be expecting the kid to turn water into wine the minute he steps on the field.

Well, you also have to realize that QB is nowhere near as important as right guard, fullback, right tackle. It would be an astounding waste of value.

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Then why are you so upset about people posting there opinion that we need a real QB? We may not get him at #5. I think it will be Berry. BUT, we may trade up for him if he slips far enough. That I DO believe.

Hmmm... Honestly I am not sure why you think I am 'so upset'...I mean...We pretty much are in agreement...

I am not 'so upset' about people saying we need a real QB, I don't think I have ever posted anything stating that....about the only things I have gotten upset about are:

1) people unwilling to give Pioli at least 1-2 more seasons before callign him a failure

2) people saying 'if the chiefs do not draft X player, I am not going to be a fan anymore'

Now, personally I am willing to give cassel about 8 more games. I know that is 8 more games than some of you, but I don't think it is fair to say that I am 'so upset' by people saying we need a new Qb..

Just wanted to clear that up..

OnTheWarpath15
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, you also have to realize that QB is nowhere near as important as right guard, fullback, right tackle. It would be an astounding waste of value.

Cheers to that.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Hmmm... Honestly I am not sure why you think I am 'so upset'...I mean...We pretty much are in agreement...

I am not 'so upset' about people saying we need a real QB, I don't think I have ever posted anything stating that....about the only things I have gotten upset about are:

1) people unwilling to give Pioli at least 1-2 more seasons before callign him a failure

2) people saying 'if the chiefs do not draft X player, I am not going to be a fan anymore'

Now, personally I am willing to give cassel about 8 more games. I know that is 8 more games than some of you, but I don't think it is fair to say that I am 'so upset' by people saying we need a new Qb..

Just wanted to clear that up..

It's already been posted a bunch of times. Even if we draft Clausen....Cassel is still going to get next year to prove what he can or can't do. I'd be more pissed if we draft Clausen and then immediately start him.

Dave Lane
04-15-2010, 06:32 PM

I have played QB not on the college or pro level but I understand the concept extremely well.

Let me clear up some apparent misconceptions on my posts:

1) I want to draft Clausen I don't want Berry unless Clausen is gone.

2) I don't think its the QBs fault when he throws an INT like he did. I think the QB has SOME minor chance of correcting if they see its the wrong route DEPENDING on how different it is.

3) I don't think Clausen did anything wrong in commenting on the WR running the wrong route. I just would never comment on it if it was me in the spotlight. I'd say I made the wrong read because we changed the route. Thats JUST me.

You guys are so frikken protective of any negative comments of your "draft picks" that you are like a bunch of little old ladies. My god quit taking yourselves so seriously. Your opinion means absolutely nothing just like mine.

Is this really this hard to understand?

LaChapelle
04-15-2010, 06:51 PM
No pics of the girlfriend yet
slipping this place

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2010, 06:56 PM
It's not hard to understand, Dave, but your posts showed a complete lack of understanding on how the position is played. You read a defense and throw to a spot.

bh13
04-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I need to stop reading Clausen posts. I'm getting more and more excited about the thought of him being a Chief, which is more than likely just setting myself up for disappointment.

DBOSHO
04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
In the indy v pats game last season peyton had a miscommunication with his recievers twice and threw 2 pics. I dont see anyone calling hima bad qb because he didnt wait to see where the reciever went.

DBOSHO
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I need to stop reading Clausen posts. I'm getting more and more excited about the thought of him being a Chief, which is more than likely just setting myself up for disappointment.

This.

I am trying my absolute HARDEST to brace for the fact that its going to be bulaga