PDA

View Full Version : Browns talk to Rams about No. 1 pick...

DaWolf
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Browns talk to Rams about No. 1 pick (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5093390)

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert says the team has had talks with the St. Louis Rams about moving up in the NFL draft to take quarterback Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick.

Heckert on Thursday said the Browns, who have the No. 7 pick, have been "'playing a little phone tag" but said they have talked with the Rams, who are expected to select the Oklahoma quarterback.

Browns president Mike Holmgren warned that dealing for Bradford could be difficult, saying "you'd have to mortgage the ranch. In the real world, we're probably going to go in a different direction."

Currently owning 10 picks, Cleveland could put together an attractive package of picks to move up.

Bradford did not visit the Browns, but the team attended his pro day workout.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 12:43 PM
wow ... that also says something about them at #7 imo

Hammock Parties
04-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Cleveland is going to try and trade up for Clausen now.

Chiefs need to watch they ass.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Cleveland is going to try and trade up for Clausen now.

Chiefs need to watch they ass.
i think cleveland has already talked to the Chiefs about trading up to #5 if Clausen is there.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
"Heckert said he's talked to all of the teams ahead of the Browns at No. 7 and teams behind them about possible trades. The Browns have five picks in the first 92."

so they have talked to the chiefs about #5

notorious
04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
"Heckert said he's talked to all of the teams ahead of the Browns at No. 7 and teams behind them about possible trades. The Browns have five picks in the first 92."

so they have talked to the chiefs about #5

If they are offering a lot, I say rape them.

Ming the Merciless
04-15-2010, 02:20 PM
If they are offering a lot, I say rape them.

:stupid::stupid:

KCDC
04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
The danger is that the Redskins, starved for picks, make a better deal than Pioli to trade down, and Cleveland moves up to take the guy we want. Still, I take some comfort that either Berry or Clausen (Cleveland is interested in both) should be available.

Given my druthers, I'd trade down with Cleveland and give them our fourth (or 5th if they'd go for it) for their first and second, if we could swing it. We would lose either Berry or Clausen (and a very slight chance of both), but would get a high second to pick up LB, NT, WR, or OL of high quality instead of a riskier pick in the 4th round.