PDA

View Full Version : Football Schein 9: Temptations to avoid in draft

Bwana
04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm a good guy. I try to help. I care.

For the fifth consecutive year we present our annual list of guys we would NOT select in the upcoming draft. Some young men just will never become legit pro ball players. Others have major character concerns. Others will never live up to where they are drafted.

Here are nine guys to stay away from, Schein 9 style...

Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State WR

An amazing talent, but is Dez Bryant worth it? Several NFL teams have already eliminated the troubled receiver from their boards. And I would as well.
Let's not minimize Bryant lying to NCAA investigators about his relationship with Deion Sanders. He fibbed. He ruined his junior season. Bryant hurt his Oklahoma State teammates. We've seen so many teams give up on diva receivers who have talent but aren't worth the headache. Bryant falls into this category. I'm not concerned about his upbringing or childhood. I'm concerned about his attitude. Ask yourself: Do you really trust Dez Bryant?

2. <CATEGORY id=300211 itxtvisited="1">Anthony Davis (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/anthony-davis/144119)</CATEGORY itxtvisited="1">, Rutgers OT

The Rutgers tackle has star potential. But several NFL executives question his focus and drive and it makes him a boom or bust prospect.
<FORM id=_pollaction accept-charset=utf-8 method=post name=f1 action=/module//pollaction;jsessionid=B159085DFC379E1C775A36E0822D6E6D>Davis left scouts scratching their heads about why he didn't show up for the Rutgers pro day. And then you had conflicting reasons why he was AWOL. That's a huge deal.

While he did hold an impressive private workout for scouts, NFL executives started to whisper if you could actually bank on the youngster.

Davis will go in the first round. He might even go to Oakland, Buffalo or Seattle in the top 10. Davis could be a target of Dallas or Green Bay later in the first round. I'd pass on him. Let him be someone else's headache.

3. Terrence Cody, Alabama DT
</FORM>One high-powered NFL decision maker told me he is very concerned about Cody's "flabby physique." The picture of a beefy Cody with his shirt off is enough to scare you away.

I happen to like Cody a lot as a player, but when you are out of shape, it leads to injuries. And you can't help the club sitting in the tub.

4. Bruce Campbell, Maryland OT

Hide the women, children and Mike Mamula. Or Vernon <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_11_0>Gholstonhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_11pxw.gif</NOBR> (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schein-9-temptations-to-avoid-in-draft?gt1=39002#). Or whatever "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" example you want to cite, meaning an athletic freak at the Scouting Combine who fizzles on the field with the pads on.

Campbell missed three games in 2009 with a sprained MCL and turf toe. Campbell only played in 27 career games and started just 17. I don't care about the 4.75 40-yard dash and 34 reps at 225 pounds at the Combine. Campbell just isn't ready.

5. Aaron Hernandez, Florida TE

Don't be surprised when one of Tim <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_13_0>Tebow'shttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_11pxw.gif</NOBR> (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schein-9-temptations-to-avoid-in-draft?gt1=39002#) go-to guys takes a bit of a tumble on draft day.

Sure, the numbers on the collegiate level are strong, with 68 catches and 850 receiving yards last year, tops in the nation at the tight end position.

But one executive wonders if he is a "product of the system" or a "true tight end" while another says "there are issues with his commitment when you dive deeper."

We dove. We will pass.

6. Jevan Snead, Mississippi QB

I've heard arguments that Snead, who started his career at Texas, is a top 10 quarterback. He certainly has an NFL arm.

I wouldn't draft him. I don't want to hear about the swine flu. Snead had a terrible final season at Ole Miss -- 20 picks. Once a top-rated recruit, Snead has never lived up to expectations.

7. Charles Brown, USC OT

Some scouts call him "too raw" to be a big time contributor at the NFL level and an "underachiever." A trend in the draft the last few years is there are always more offensive tackles picked in the first two rounds than you anticipate.

Some draft gurus think Brown can make it into the first round. I think that's nuts. Brown only started two seasons at USC and the former tight end is far from being a finished product.

8. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon RB

The punch is a lasting image. And so is the 4.70 40-yard dash at the Combine. It's a combination that will lead NFL teams in a different direction

9. Mike Williams, Syracuse WR

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE RECEIVER!!!

And I shout this as a devoted fan and alum of Syracuse athletics. Williams has major maturity issues and quit the 'Cuse football team last year. He was suspended in 2008, suspected of cheating on an exam. The resume doesn't get much worse than that!

I don't want to hear about his visit to Tampa or his impressive workout for Miami. Mike Williams can play football. But he isn't worth the major trouble, as Syracuse found out.

You can watch Schein and Chris Carlin on Loud Mouths, weeknights at 6 ET on SNY (DIRECT-TV 639).

You can listen to Schein and Rich Gannon on the Sirius Blitz, weekdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET on Sirius NFL Radio 124.

Schein is hosting the NFL draft on Sirius NFL Radio.

Adam Schein has joined the Twitter craze. Follow his work on FOXSports.com, SNY, and Sirius NFL Radio at twitter.com/AdamSchein.

Email Schein at adamjschein@hotmail.com.

Brock
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
He's really calling Terrence Cody out for being fat? I remember people around here being in love with the way Tank Tyler looked, it's not a beauty contest.

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
i'm just going by memory ... but i don't think Tank Tyler looked anything like Cody.

Tank Tyler is a huge guy

Terrance Cody is a huge tub of lard

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:12 PM
i'm just going by memory ... but i don't think Tank Tyler looked anything like Cody.

Tank Tyler is a huge guy

Terrance Cody is a huge tub of lard

IIRC, Tank only weighed 310-315.

Cody weighs 355 after losing 20 pounds.

EDIT: Tank's NFL.com profile page lists him at 306.

suds79
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM

True Tank was much smaller. And last I checked he's not playing NT for anybody that I know of.

The whole problem with the Cody being out of shape thing is that there isn't a NT around where you can't say that. Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork, etc all those quality NTs are 330+ and when you get that size, you're going to some fat dudes. That just comes along with a 3-4 NT IMO.

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 01:18 PM

numerical weight is one thing but looking like you have girl tits and virtually "deformed" by all the lumpy lard on your body is another. imo.

cody at combine

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/94801/terrence-cody-weigh-in.jpg

Tyler at combine

http://www.buccaneers.com/media/images/Tyler03_28_07_1_b.jpg

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Dez Bryant and Charles Johnson don't belong on this list.

Johnson has serious upside and is very athletic. All the stuff about Dez Bryant is completely overblown. The kid is going to be a star receiver.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
True Tank was much smaller. And last I checked he's not playing NT for anybody that I know of.

The whole problem with the Cody being out of shape thing is that there isn't a NT around where you can't say that. Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork, etc all those quality NTs are 330+ and when you get that size, you're going to some fat dudes. That just comes along with a 3-4 NT IMO.

I don't think it's an issue of being fat. It's an issue of work ethic and being able to still be "in shape" at that weight.

You can be 330+ and have yourself in condition to play the entire game - Wilfork is a great example. He doesn't wear down late in games.

I don't see being able to say the same about Cody.

JMO.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Dez Bryant and Charles Johnson don't belong on this list.

Johnson has serious upside and is very athletic. All the stuff about Dez Bryant is completely overblown. The kid is going to be a star receiver.

As long as someone is there to babysit the kid, make sure he makes meetings/practice/ games on time and remembers his cleats.

LMAO

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 01:28 PM
casey hampton

http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2010/02/casey-hampton.jpg

this Cody is just fat like all the other Nose Tackles is a weak comparison

even huge nose tackles can have some semblance of being in shape

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 01:31 PM
As long as someone is there to babysit the kid, make sure he makes meetings/practice/ games on time and remembers his cleats.

LMAO

I'm not stating that he's not immature and not in need of serious guidance, but I think that he'll be a very good WR and if he goes to the right organization, he'll be a great player.

He's certainly had a much rougher life than I could possibly imagine for myself. Quite honestly, I don't know how he's kept it together.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 01:32 PM
I wonder what his lists were in past years.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 01:33 PM
1. The Lions shouldn't take Matthew Stafford.

Frankly, this is easy. He shouldn't even be in consideration. Detroit has too many needs at 0-16. A strong armed quarterback does not eradicate the worst season in the history of professional sports. In fact, with the money you pay the No. 1 overall pick, it can cripple you for years to come.

Stafford is an underclassmen who forced the ball a bit too much to be considered the guy. Heck, he isn't the top quarterback on some draft boards of good teams. Stafford is not ready to play. He'll be the $35 million signing bonus baby holding a clipboard or getting killed by a poor offensive line.

This pick would be a major overreaction to the Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco craze. Let's slow down here. Ryan and Flacco were special fifth year seniors. Stafford skipped his final college season.

And wouldn't you have an overreaction to the brilliant and consistent play of Jake Long, Ryan Clady (who got one of my two first team Associated Press all pro votes at tackle as a rookie) and Jeff Otah? Analyze the difference these tackles made on their respective ball clubs last year.

I'd pick tackle Jason Smith. I wouldn't have a problem with Aaron Curry under defensive minded new head coach Jim Schwartz.

Plus, if there was trend at quarterback to follow, it's the re-emergence of Kurt Warner and Kerry Collins. Daunte Culpepper and Drew Stanton can hold the fort until you pick Tim Tebow or some other stud in the quarterback heavy draft next year.

Grab the franchise tackle. Don't blow it. But then again, these are the rebuilding since 1957 Detroit Lions.

2. The Rams must take a tackle

I know St. Louis is paper thin at receiver. They should've never cut Torry Holt. And Michael Crabtree is a special talent. I'm not remotely worried about his health.

I know new head coach Steve Spagnuolo is a defensive guru.

Don't get cute. Don't draft a wide out. Don't draft a defensive player. Address those areas later.

The Rams offensive line has been a train wreck for years. And now Orlando Pace is gone. Alex Barron committed two penalties as you were reading this.

It's simple. You pick Smith if the Lions don't. If not, you are more than happy to select UVA star Eugene Monroe.

Don't blow it.

3. Pass on Percy Harvin and Hakeem Nicks

The dynamic Harvin is loaded with concerns. He has off the field issues. Personnel types wonder about his commitment to football. Harvin was nicked too often in college. And do Florida receivers ever really pan out?

Gators WR Percy Harvin might seem like a good catch early in the Draft. Don't be fooled. He's not. (Marc Serota / Getty Images)

And Nicks gained a ton of weight during the draft process. That's a major red flag.

Look, precedent says that first-round receivers will turn out more like Matt Jones than Homer Jones. There are way too many examples of receiver busts in round 1.

If you are the Titans, Colts, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, Giants or Vikings, fill another need or take Kenny Britt or a receiver like a Ramses Barden later in the draft.

Don't blow it.

4. Washington can't trade up for Mark Sanchez, but the Jets can

The hot rumor is Dan Snyder is smitten over the USC star. I like Sanchez a lot. He's smart, accurate and oozes leadership. But the Redskins don't have many picks and actually have a good quarterback in Jason Campbell. Don't you want to see what he can do in Year 2 in Jim Zorn's system?

If Sanchez falls to the Jags pick at No. 8, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum should call Jacksonville and give up the 17th pick and his second rounder to get the quarterback who will thrive in his marketplace.

Sanchez works for the Jets, not for the Skins.

5. Denver needs two defensive studs in the first round

The Broncos defense ranked 29th in the league last year. New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan instantly makes the team better on that front. But they need new players.

Under no circumstance should the Broncos deal up for a Jay Cutler replacement. The Broncos have a golden opportunity to draft a couple of impact starters. Think about Brian Orakpo or Tyson Jackson at defensive end or outside linebacker. There's a chance B.J. Raji could be there at No. 12. Cornerback Malcolm Jenkins must be under consideration. Linebackers Brian Cushing, Ray Maualuga, James Laurinaitis, and Clay Matthews should be heavily in the mix.

The Cutler deal was awful. But Josh McDaniels can help his team with two defensive players. Don't blow it.

6. Cincy must trade Chad Johnson

Marvin Lewis says he doesn't know why there is talk about trading Ocho Cinco.

That's why I am here, Marvin.

Chad recently cried to old friend T.J. Houshmandzadeh that he wanted to be traded. Ocho Cinco's act has worn thin. He's a distraction. Johnson was suspended, by you Marvin, last season before a national television game for violating team rules. You can't have rules for 52 guys and then rules for one. He's a headache, distraction and side show. It's the ultimate addition by subtraction move. And he hasn't played like a Pro Bowler in two years. This isn't about you and Mike Brown digging your heels in and showing you won't let a player talk his way off the team. It's about what is best for the team. You have needs all over the field, including offensive tackle, running back, receiver, defensive tackle and linebacker. Trade Chad. End it. Don't blow it.

7. The Giants must trade for Braylon Edwards

New York thinks that Edwards' skill sets are close to a mirror image of Plaxico Burress', which puts him ahead of Anquan Boldin on the veteran pecking order.

The order is debatable but the logic is sound.

Jerry Reese has 10 picks in the upcoming draft and can make some excellent deals. Send the Giants' first rounder and a third rounder to Cleveland for Edwards. You still have two second-round picks. This is a win-now team. And you don't have to give Edwards a new deal beforehand. Don't blow it.

8. The Saints must draft defense at No. 14 or trade down.

Don't tell me about Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells. The Saints need an impact defensive player.

Malcolm Jenkins or one of the linebackers like a Brian Cushing will be the pick.

You can get a big running back, like a Rashad Jennings (who I think is the next Brandon Jacobs) later in the draft.

Even a James Davis, Glenn Coffee or Javon Ringer fit the bill for the Saints needs.

Remember, the Saints don't have a second or third round pick so a trade down is very possible. Don't blow it.

9. Pick Pat White in round two or Brian Hoyer early on Sunday

I'll say it again -- White is going to be a great NFL player. He's the only quarterback in NCAA history to start and win four bowl games. White's the NCAA all-time leading rusher at quarterback. And he's a winner. White is open to playing receiver in addition to quarterback at the NFL level. Draft him in the second round and look smart.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm not stating that he's not immature and not in need of serious guidance, but I think that he'll be a very good WR and if he goes to the right organization, he'll be a great player.

He's certainly had a much rougher life than I could possibly imagine for myself. Quite honestly, I don't know how he's kept it together.

Lots of guys in the league come from rough backgrounds, but they aren't complete fuck ups.

Hell, Michael Oher barely knew how to read and write at age 15, and bounced from house to house.

But you don't see him doing stupid shit like Bryant has done.

Just one example of many.

suds79
04-16-2010, 01:37 PM
this Cody is just fat like all the other Nose Tackles is a weak comparison

even huge nose tackles can have some semblance of being in shape

Better physique than Cody? Sure. I'll give you that. I'm still not that concerned with is weight. Particularly with Haley as the HC and his weight lost system.

I just want our NT to be dang near impossible to push back on downs 1 & 2 and get the other team to 3rd and long.

Where's the shirtless picture of Vince Wilfork when you need one. ;)

I'm personally not stuck on Cody. I just know this team needs a NT and outside of Williams or Cody, it's pretty slim pickings. What other options are out there?

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Better physique than Cody? Sure. I'll give you that. I'm still not that concerned with is weight. Particularly with Haley as the HC and his weight lost system.

I just want our NT to be dang near impossible to push back on downs 1 & 2 and get the other team to 3rd and long.

I'm personally not stuck on Cody. I just know this team needs a NT and outside of Williams or Cody, it's pretty slim pickings. What other options are out there?

Linval Joseph, Torrell Troup, Kade Weston, Jay Ross.

To name a few.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Lots of guys in the league come from rough backgrounds, but they aren't complete fuck ups.

Hell, Michael Oher barely knew how to read and write at age 15, and bounced from house to house.

But you don't see him doing stupid shit like Bryant has done.

Just one example of many.

I understand what you're saying but let's not act like this kid has been busted for alcohol or drugs. Let's not pretend he's been arrested or been in jail.

His biggest problem is that his mother was 12 years old when he was born and he's never had proper guidance. He's only 21 years old and if he goes to an organization that will hold his hand, he could be a special player.

I think the whole is overblown.

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM

i looked for a pic of wilfork without his shirt but couldn't find one. :shrug:

i don't care about Cody's weight at all ... i worry about his fitness.

imo fitness and weight aren't necessarily the same thing.

hey ... if cody fails to us in the 2nd round then take a shot but i want no part of using a 1st rounder on him.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
I understand what you're saying but let's not act like this kid has been busted for alcohol or drugs. Let's not pretend he's been arrested or been in jail.

His biggest problem is that his mother was 12 years old when he was born and he's never had proper guidance. He's only 21 years old and if he goes to an organization that will hold his hand, he could be a special player.

I kind of hope San Fran takes him. Singletary seems to have done a good job with Davis and Crabtree. Add another weapon like Bryant and they could have an excellent offense.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Sorry, Dane, but fuck that.

He's not the only kid to have a rough upbringing, and he won't be the last.

Difference is, some guys use it as a crutch, and some decide early on they never want to live like that again, so they use it as motivation.

Like I said before, there are a TON of guys in the league that had a rough childhood - but they aren't complete fucktards like Bryant is.

suds79
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
i looked for a pic of wilfork without his shirt but couldn't find one. :shrug:

i don't care about Cody's weight at all ... i worry about his fitness.

imo fitness and weight aren't necessarily the same thing.

hey ... if cody fails to us in the 2nd round then take a shot but i want no part of using a 1st rounder on him.

Absolutely. Anybody calling for Cody in the first is high. Naturally (at least I'd hope) any talk about drafting Cody is with our 2nd.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry, Dane, but fuck that.

Difference is, some guys use it as a crutch, and some decide early on they never want to live like that again, so they use it as motivation.

Like I said before, there are a TON of guys in the league that had a rough childhood - but they aren't complete fucktards like Bryant is.

And 90% don't have his talent, either.

He'll go in the top 15 and likely make the team around him much better.

He doesn't have anywhere near the shit that Harvin had around him and I'd say he did okay last year.

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I kind of hope San Fran takes him. Singletary seems to have done a good job with Davis and Crabtree. Add another weapon like Bryant and they could have an excellent offense.
imo teams have to be careful not to get too many character 'projects'. At some point you can reach a tipping point and have the whole team turn to shit.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry, Dane, but **** that.

Like I said before, there are a TON of guys in the league that had a rough childhood - but they aren't complete ****tards like Bryant is.

He's a complete fucktard because he lied about eating dinner at Deion's house?

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM

He doesn't have anywhere near the shit that Harvin had around him and I'd say he did okay last year.

Let's put your money where your mouth is.

You're the owner of an NFL team. Let's say mid-market. Not New York, but not GB.

Would you give a kid a contract worth anywhere from $18-25M guaranteed who:

Met with an agent while still in college.
Lied to the NCAA when asked about the meeting.
Proceeded to HIRE said agent.
Blew off the combine because he wasn't ready.
Blew off his first scheduled pro day because he wasn't ready.
Puts out a bogus report that he had just run a 4.32, yet no one can confirm it.
Finally "performs" for scouts, running a 4.52 WITH the wind.
Then claims he forgot his favorite cleats as an excuse why he ran a poor time.
Played in a spread offense.
Doesn't know the route tree.
Played in one of the weakest defensive conferences in CFB.
Doesn't have speed.
Is 2 inches shorter than reported.
Thought it was a good idea to attend Pacman Jones' workout and "show his support."

God knows what the psychological and private investigator reports say, but it's enough to have 10 teams claim they've taken him completely off of their board.

Are you shelling out that cash, knowing how deep this draft is?

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 02:12 PM

You're the owner of an NFL team. Let's say mid-market. Not New York, but not GB.

Doesn't have speed.
Thought it was a good idea to attend Pacman Jones' workout and "show his support."

God knows what the psychological and private investigator reports say, but it's enough to have 10 teams claim they've taken him completely off of their board.

1. He did not meet with an agent.

The Franchise
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Dez Bryant's perfect landing spot would be Baltimore.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
1. He did not meet with an agent.

There are varying reports as to whether Eugene Parker was at that dinner, or not.

I don't know for sure any more than you do, but considering everything else, the odds of him being there are better than him not being there.

Then, as a complete shocker, he hires Eugene Parker as his agent.

Occam's razor.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM

You think Ozzie Newsome is taking on that pile of baggage?

The structure would be best-case scenario for him, but I don't see them taking him.

The Franchise
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM

The structure would be best-case scenario for him, but I don't see them taking him.

The structure was what I was getting at.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
The structure was what I was getting at.

That's the thing. You have to have structure, AND be willing to babysit a kid you just gave a metric shit-ton of money.

I don't see Newsome as that type, but anything's possible.

Pittsburgh has that structure, but you know damn good and well the Rooney's won't touch the kid.

He seems destined for Dallas.

Jerry Jones has a big enough ego to think he can change the kid.

MMXcalibur
04-16-2010, 02:47 PM
What is it with receivers and acting like divas....

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I think Dez Bryant should go to Cincy :)

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Doesn't have speed.

I think if you believe in the guy, absolutely. If Mac thought the guy needed a little guidance to become a solid contributor, I'd trust him.

If you don't want to deal with that "baggage" (which obviously, I don't find nearly appalling as you), then don't.

But if a team believes he'll be a star and he becomes one, all will be forgiven. And as for the "route tree" and the spread, the same things were said about Crabtree last year and all he did in 9 weeks was put up better numbers than Dwayne Bowe last year.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Jerry Jones has a big enough ego to think he can change the kid.

What do you have to "change" that is so overwhelming?

Has he been in jail? No.

Has he been busted for drugs or alcohol? No.

He was led down the wrong path by people trying to take advantage of him. He made excuses on his Pro Day, big deal. According to Peter King, since then, he's met with a dozen clubs and taken responsibility for his actions.

This isn't a "bad" person we're talking about here. This is a 21 year old kid that hasn't had much guidance and structure in his life. I expect him to get it together.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I do think Bryant's issues are being overblown, Clausen is hated by McShay and Bryant is this years draft villain.

I also think Anthony Davis is the best OT in the class.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2010, 04:18 PM
That picture of Cody makes me want to run screaming to the nearest gym, as a roadrunner-like trail of dust materializes behind my sneakers.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2010, 05:59 PM
There are varying reports as to whether Eugene Parker was at that dinner, or not.

I don't know for sure any more than you do, but considering everything else, the odds of him being there are better than him not being there.

Then, as a complete shocker, he hires Eugene Parker as his agent.

Occam's razor.

There are no varying reports. Dez says he wasn't. Deion says he wasn't. Nobody puts him there except for rampant speculation.

HolmeZz
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin, and Otis Williams are also Temptations I would not draft.

Ralphy Boy
04-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Based on the weight concerns that Todd Haley stated last year, I can't see it. Based on the 2009 Chiefs, Cam Thomas is a better fit. Will see if Romeo believes the same.

This. The kid is an incredible talent, I don't care what his speed was and I don't care about the route tree. You saw him run up and down the field with the ball in his hands, and he basically just beat up any DB's that got near him.

He very well could fall this far because once you get past the Seahawks at 14, you land on some teams that are fairly talented at WR or teams with issues as to why they wouldn't take him. I can't see Giants, Titans, 49rs, Steelers, Falcons taking him.

Texans? Paired with Andre Johnson...:eek:

followed by Bengals, Pats, Packers, Eagles then you get to the Ravens.

I could totally see Ozzie taking him. Ozzie cares more about the talent of the player than anything else because he's got the veteran leadership to take him and know that he'll fall in line. The talent is there and Ozzie knows it. He's searched high and low for a WR for years and if he has one that he believes, as do I and many others, that is worthy of the spot then he'll take him.

So are you saying Bryant is worthy of a top 10 or top 5 pick?

Mecca
04-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Bryant is not going to fall that far, damn.

cabletech94
04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Not to hijack the thread and all, but who is the OT that screwed his sister and she fathered his child.

I'd hope the chefs stay far, far away from that cat.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Yeah. But Cody will be the first NFL player required to wear a fucking bra.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Bryant is not going to fall that far, damn.

I'm betting McDumbass drafts Bryant.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Uh no, I doubt the team that got rid of it's problem WR would draft another one.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Uh no, I doubt the team that got rid of it's problem WR would draft another one.

I know it's just talk but McDaniels was interviewed on NFL network today and said the following regarding Dez Bryant:

I think Dez is a special talent
Dez has not been in trouble with the law
Dez has not had any type of drinking, alcohol issues
Has Dez made mistakes . yes. But they aren't the type of mistakes that say he'll be a problem

DEZ IS ON OUR BOARD

Just sayin.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Not to hijack the thread and all, but who is the OT that screwed his sister and she fathered his child.

I'd hope the chefs stay far, far away from that cat.

Tony Washington. And if he's there in the 4th or 5th round I'd draft his sister fuckin' ass in a heartbeat. He's got the tools.