PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the Chiefs #5 overall:

Direckshun
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I do not think the Chiefs will be able to trade down. The Browns aren't going to trade up a 2nd round pick for a safety, and Clausen will fall to them anyway.

The Chiefs will not go with Jimmy Clausen. While I feel like that pick would be the best for the team, I'm thinking from a fan's perspective. From a business perspective, as has been said by smarter people than me, Pioli is probably still invested in Cassel and can try trading up for a stud next year if Cassel flounders... but it's also important to remember the fanbase will absolutely rebel against him if he bails on Cassel this soon out.

I don't think he takes a nose tackle or defensive lineman. Cody isn't worth the #5 overall and Dan Williams is a risky workout warrior.

I also don't think he goes safety, because of what he's specifically said and also because of arguments I've read on this forum and elsewhere making the case that only the slimmest minority of safeties even justify that pick, and most of them get injured frequently.

I think Pioli goes offensive line. But with Okung off the board, I seriously doubt he opts for Bulaga. That's lazy connections-type thinking. Bulaga is high character and high intangibles but he's a right tackle, and Pioli can see that. I do suspect he's looking to upgrade on LT, and Albert would make a fitting replacement for Brian Waters or could be the next Will Shields type guy to man RG for years and years. My guess is we move him to LG and release Waters.

No, Pioli wants a true LT, and he wants a safe bet with a high ceiling. And that leads me to this conclusion.

With the #5 overall, the Kansas City Chiefs select

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Trent Williams is one of the most amazingly athletic lineman in this year's Draft, but he doesn't come with the extreme question marks of Bruce Campbell. He offers some flexibility on the offensive line in case he doesn't work out at left tackle. But he's prototypical, and has been tested against some of the best passrushers in the Big 12.

Our offensive line, I would imagine, shakes out like this in 2010:

LT: Williams, Albert
LG: Albert, Brown
C: Wiegmann, Niswanger
RG: Lilja, Niswanger
RT: O'Callaghan, Ndukwe

Priest31kc
04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Could def. see us taking him.

redsurfer11
04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I do not think the Chiefs will be able to trade down. The Browns aren't going to trade up a 2nd round pick for a safety, and Clausen will fall to them anyway.

The Chiefs will not go with Jimmy Clausen. While I feel like that pick would be the best for the team, I'm thinking from a fan's perspective. From a business perspective, as has been said by smarter people than me, Pioli is probably still invested in Cassel and can try trading up for a stud next year if Cassel flounders... but it's also important to remember the fanbase will absolutely rebel against him if he bails on Cassel this soon out.

I don't think he takes a nose tackle or defensive lineman. Cody isn't worth the #5 overall and Dan Williams is a risky workout warrior.

I also don't think he goes safety, because of what he's specifically said and also because of arguments I've read on this forum and elsewhere making the case that only the slimmest minority of safeties even justify that pick, and most of them get injured frequently.

I think Pioli goes offensive line. But with Okung off the board, I seriously doubt he opts for Bulaga. That's lazy connections-type thinking. Bulaga is high character and high intangibles but he's a right tackle, and Pioli can see that. I do suspect he's looking to upgrade on LT, and Albert would make a fitting replacement for Brian Waters or could be the next Will Shields type guy to man RG for years and years. My guess is we move him to LG and release Waters.

No, Pioli wants a true LT, and he wants a safe bet with a high ceiling. And that leads me to this conclusion.

With the #5 overall, the Kansas City Chiefs select

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Trent Williams is one of the most amazingly athletic lineman in this year's Draft, but he doesn't come with the extreme question marks of Bruce Campbell. He offers some flexibility on the offensive line in case he doesn't work out at left tackle. But he's prototypical, and has been tested against some of the best passrushers in the Big 12.

Our offensive line, I would imagine, shakes out like this in 2010:

LT: Williams, Albert
LG: Albert, Brown
C: Wiegmann, Niswanger
RG: Lilja, Niswanger
RT: O'Callaghan, Ndukwe

I agree with you for the first time. We have a chance to secure both lines in this draft.

RealSNR
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
If we absolutely HAD to go offensive line (we don't, and we shouldn't) but if there was no other choice, I'd pick Trent Williams

DeezNutz
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Williams might be off the board at #5.

The Bad Guy
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Williams is fucking horrible with the 5th pick.

Saccopoo
04-16-2010, 02:37 PM
If Okung isn't available, Williams isn't a bad pick. He can play either side and has the athleticism to be able to work in a zone block system. Although, I'd be surprised if he gets by the Redskins, and I really don't see the Lions doing anything other than Okung, regardless of the talent level of Suh or McCoy.

BossChief
04-16-2010, 02:42 PM
If TW is our pick at 5, Im sure you can kiss a lot of the better posters here goodbye.

who the fuck thinks he can play left tackle after getting beat consistently last year at the position?

The guy is a right tackle, and if we are gonna go right tackle at 5 we might as well fold our hand right now.

In NO WAY shape or form is TW a upgrade over Branden Albert as a left tackle.

Ebolapox
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
*sigh*

Archie Bunker
04-16-2010, 02:48 PM
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/sierrawilliams64/suicide.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
God help us.

ChiefMojo
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I just use common sense to know we aren't taking Claussen no matter how many want him to be the pick. Even with Weis, Pioli isn't going to give up on Cassel yet (even though much of the board has). Cassel just cost to much money. If he fails this year, then I think we take a QB next year. Wouldn't surprise me he took someone like Pike with one of the 5th round picks.

I doubt Pioli gets a NT at the #5 spot due to us taking two straight DL in the 1st and how much they cost.

I always think it is smart to upgrade you OL, but we don't need another LT. It would be crazy to spend big money (#5 pick) on a RT that T. Williams and Bulaga fit the best.

This leaves me thinking it is either Berry or McClain at #5. If no Berry, then I pray we can find a partner to trade back with.

OnTheWarpath15
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I just use common sense to know we aren't taking Claussen no matter how many want him to be the pick. Even with Weis, Pioli isn't going to give up on Cassel yet (even though much of the board has). Cassel just cost to much money. If he fails this year, then I think we take a QB next year. Wouldn't surprise me he took someone like Pike with one of the 5th round picks.

It absolutely amazes me how many times this has been posted, proven wrong, and still continues to get posted.

I'll cover these in order:

Drafting Clausen isn't "giving up on Cassel". Cassel will start the 2010 season regardless.

Money is not a factor. Cassel will start and get paid for 2010. AFTER THAT, however, we can cut him without paying him a DIME. His contract was completely frontloaded.

Waiting for him to fail only puts the franchise deeper into a hole. By drafting Clausen, it:

1) Provides Cassel with a fucking kick in the pants. Perform or GTFO.

2) Gives us insurance for when Cassel shits the bed again.

3) In the almost impossible occurrence that Cassel plays lights-out, you have a great problem, because you can recoup what you traded for him, and still have a legit, younger, Franchise QB.

Taking a QB in late rounds is a waste of time and resources.

Brock
04-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I just use common sense to know we aren't taking Claussen no matter how many want him to be the pick. Even with Weis, Pioli isn't going to give up on Cassel yet (even though much of the board has). Cassel just cost to much money. If he fails this year, then I think we take a QB next year. Wouldn't surprise me he took someone like Pike with one of the 5th round picks. .

Fail. The Chiefs can save a lot of money by just cutting Cassel in 2011.

Mr. Laz
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Trent Williams can play both Tackle spots so it would cover 2 issues.

1st - right tackle
2nd - left tackle if Albert struggles again

just sayin'

bh13
04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
It absolutely amazes me how many times this has been posted, proven wrong, and still continues to get posted.

I'll cover these in order:

Drafting Clausen isn't "giving up on Cassel". Cassel will start the 2010 season regardless.

Money is not a factor. Cassel will start and get paid for 2010. AFTER THAT, however, we can cut him without paying him a DIME. His contract was completely frontloaded.

Waiting for him to fail only puts the franchise deeper into a hole. By drafting Clausen, it:

1) Provides Cassel with a ****ing kick in the pants. Perform or GTFO.

2) Gives us insurance for when Cassel shits the bed again.

3) In the almost impossible occurrence that Cassel plays lights-out, you have a great problem, because you can recoup what you traded for him, and still have a legit, younger, Franchise QB.

Taking a QB in late rounds is a waste of time and resources.

Agreed. Best case scenario, Cassel plays well and Clausen shows he can play in limited action, Cassel gets moved for a pick or two and we have our franchise QB for years to come.

If they both flop well hey, at least we tried.

redsurfer11
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM

1st - right tackle

just sayin'

Williams can play any position on the line at a high level. It would not be a wasted pick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I think if Philly is wanting Berry and Pioli states we are open for business then we might not be drafting #5.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
If we trade back to 24 we are a dumb team.

cabletech94
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Agree totally. We are dumb. I guess it would just depend on how many picks. If Berry truely is Reed incarnate, then we are dumb. And that is just sad.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
This draft isn't last years draft, last years draft the players save 3-4 guys from about 3-20 were the same, this year it is not like that, there are elite talents.

notorious
04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
God help us.

There is no God.

If there is, he shits all over the Chiefs.

notorious
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM

It's a lock.

The one thing this team is best at is being fucking retarded.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Yea great we can move to 24 and draft Terrence Cody.

notorious
04-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Yea great we can move to 24 and draft Terrence Cody.

Seriously, would that be any worse then using the 5 on a LT?

It would be a blessing in my eyes to avoid fucking up another top 5 pick.

DeezNutz
04-16-2010, 08:29 PM

1st - right tackle

just sayin'

Assuming he doesn't go at #4 (Okung at #2), this could be a distinct possibility.

Fits well with Pioli's aversion to risk. His words. Not mine.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, not to mention he went out of his way to say OT's are safe.

KCDC
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM

Not if they are planning to take TW. If they want Williams, move back to #24 and get the Redskins 2nd rounder, the Eagles second rounder next year. Then they can take a RT at #24 if they want, get both a NT and OLB at the top of the second, and a WR or ILB at the end of the second round. Then you have a second pick next year that you can package to move up to take the franchise QB.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Uh dude Trent Williams is not going to make it to 24.

And you better get more than 1 fucking pick this year, I swear what is with you guys that just want to trade back so bad you'll get fucked in the ass to do it?

DeezNutz
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Some fans would give up picks to trade down.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 08:50 PM
It's really stupid, also what makes you think Pioli can hit on later picks when we aren't even sure he can hit on top 5 picks.

notorious
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
what makes you think Pioli can hit on later picks .

Not a single fucking thing.

It would take away the sting of fucking up a top 5 versus a later pick.

Trying to make light of the subject, but my confidence is very low for next Thursday.

Reerun_KC
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
CJ Spiller, just to piss everyone off...

notorious
04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
CJ Spiller, just to piss everyone off...

That would be better than some of the alternatives.

Mecca
04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Not a single fucking thing.

It would take away the sting of fucking up a top 5 versus a later pick.

Trying to make light of the subject, but my confidence is very low for next Thursday.

It's the life of a Chiefs fan, when you know really the only place the team will ever win anything is on your madden game.

notorious
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
It's the life of a Chiefs fan, when you know really the only place the team will ever win anything is on your madden game.

Tecmo Superbowl. I'm old school.

Reerun_KC
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
That would be better than some of the alternatives.

True, kid is a game changer and a if used right, could be a freaking nightmare on sundays...

But we have many other needs.. Spending that pick on CJ Spiller would be a bit goofy..

But still would love to see him in Red and Gold.

Reerun_KC
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Not a single ****ing thing.

It would take away the sting of ****ing up a top 5 versus a later pick.

Why worry about it, there isnt a damn thing you or any of us can do but watch and wonder...

Not one person on here can do jack freaking shit about it, anyway...

notorious
04-16-2010, 09:13 PM
True, kid is a game changer and a if used right, could be a freaking nightmare on sundays...

I wouldn't be flustrated with the pick :)

Why worry about it, there isnt a damn thing you or any of us can do but watch and wonder...

Not one person on here can do jack freaking shit about it, anyway...

Absolutely correct. I used to be ignorant and happy, but since I have paid more attention, especially with the info off of CP, I tend to have a more "glass half-empty" look at our team.

Ignorance was bliss.

DeezNutz
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Absolutely correct. I used to be ignorant and happy, but since I have paid more attention, especially with the info off of CP, I tend to have a more "glass half-empty" look at our team.

Ignorance was bliss.

LMAO.

We killed notorious.

Reerun_KC
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't be flustrated with the pick :)

Ignorance was bliss.

Never go full tampon!

notorious
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
LMAO.

We killed notorious.

ROFL

MoreLemonPledge
04-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm confused. Is the OP really saying that Albert would be on the bench behind Williams, and O'Callaghan would still be the starting RT?

It's bad enough to draft him to play RT, but to draft him so we can bench Albert?

Reaper16
04-17-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm confused. Is the OP really saying that Albert would be on the bench behind Williams, and O'Callaghan would still be the starting RT?

It's bad enough to draft him to play RT, but to draft him so we can bench Albert?
He's got Albert starting at LG.

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 12:44 AM
That would suck!

Ming the Merciless
04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
If TW is our pick at 5, Im sure you can kiss a lot of the better posters here goodbye.

Wow....

Is this supposed to be some kind of threat? You should e-mail this to Pioli or Hunt....

They NEED to know..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. My god you are an idiot.