PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Clausen opts not to attend 2010 NFL Draft

evolve27
04-17-2010, 12:53 AM
17th April 2010 | NFL.com Staff

Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen has decided not to attend the 2010 NFL Draft, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.
An invitation had been extended to Clausen, but he will not be among those on hand at Radio City Music Hall in New York. So far, 16 prospects have committed to attend the event.

Clausen's draft stock has been the source of considerable debate. Some analysts such as NFL.com's Bucky Brooks expect the QB to go in the top 10 , but others such as NFL Network's Brian Baldinger believe Clausen might fall all the way to the bottom of the first round.
The league is still awaiting word on whether Texas QB Colt McCoy or Florida QB Tim Tebow will go to New York.

http://wap.nfl.com/site?t=1aTB3zzXQsqkCZjyLaBb4w&sid=nfl2

Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2010 6:17 PM ET

Next week, 16 players will attend the NFL draft. Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was invited as well, and Clausen and multiple family members had planned to be present, but he had not committed.

We're told that Clausen recently has decided not to attend, due to the fact that his grandfather, whose wife recently passed, was not able to make the trip to New York. So instead the Clausen family will congregate in Palm Springs, where his grandfather currently resides.

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow also has been invited but has not yet made a decision on whether to attend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/16/jimmy-clausen-passes-on-draft-invitation-to-be-with-grandfather/

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 12:54 AM
16! Shit...Just start inviting the whole ****in draft class.

Mecca
04-17-2010, 01:01 AM
He's obviously not going because if he did, he'd have to beat the shit out of Todd McShay.

evolve27
04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
He's obviously not going because if he did, he'd have to beat the shit out of Todd McShay.

I really don't get it. Either he is falling fast or is facing the fact he is not going to get drafted early. The pussification continues. Berry!

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Douchebag.

Mecca
04-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Honestly not everyone wants to be there, Joe Thomas declined attending.

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 01:12 AM
It's a non-issue IMO. If I was offered, I would love to go and be able to hold up my new team's jersey. But if Clausen doesn't want that, it's not a big deal.

evolve27
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Honestly not everyone wants to be there, Joe Thomas declined attending.

Joe Thomas had a legit fishing trip and was a concensus top 5 pick. Clausen just seems like a prick. I don't think Jackson was there last year, and it really doesn't mean anything.

Mecca
04-17-2010, 01:19 AM
He went fishing with his dad, it was pretty obvious he was avoiding going.

chiefs1111
04-17-2010, 01:24 AM

Next week, 16 players will attend the NFL draft. Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was invited as well, and Clausen and multiple family members had planned to be present, but he had not committed.

We're told that Clausen recently has decided not to attend, due to the fact that his grandfather, whose wife recently passed, was not able to make the trip to New York. So instead the Clausen family will congregate in Palm Springs, where his grandfather currently resides.

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow also has been invited but has not yet made a decision on whether to attend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/16/jimmy-clausen-passes-on-draft-invitation-to-be-with-grandfather/

BryanBusby
04-17-2010, 01:28 AM

oh em geee what a douche!

Ming the Merciless
04-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Cuz he realizes he wont be in top 10 TBH

Coach
04-17-2010, 02:34 AM
He went fishing with his dad, it was pretty obvious he was avoiding going.

Nah, I'd rather go fish than be at the podium anyways.

Crush
04-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Joe Thomas had a legit fishing trip and was a concensus top 5 pick. Clausen just seems like a prick. I don't think Jackson was there last year, and it really doesn't mean anything.

How does a fishing trip become legit? Was he searching for Leviathan?

Crush
04-17-2010, 06:28 AM

What a fucking douchetastic prick. :rolleyes:

Stewie
04-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Maybe that's a legit excuse, or maybe he doesn't want to be Brady Quinn Part II.

notorious
04-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Clausen just seems like a prick.

You were saying?

InChiefsHeaven
04-17-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know, if it were me, I could see wanting to be surrounded by friends and loved ones instead of being at the actual draft. Plus, it seems like Clausen has a legit reason that does indeed involve family.

I still don't know why everyone seems to think that Clausen is a prick...

notorious
04-17-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't know, if it were me, I could see wanting to be surrounded by friends and loved ones instead of being at the actual draft. Plus, it seems like Clausen has a legit reason that does indeed involve family.

I still don't know why everyone seems to think that Clausen is a prick...

This.

Who would want to be surrounded by that bullshit after going through it for the last 2 months?

Relax at home with the family. If the networks want a camera on you, they can ASK to put one in your house.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
With all the money he's about to make hes already got a huge bag of Coke scheduled to be dropped from a cessna.

milkman
04-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Maybe that's a legit excuse, or maybe he doesn't want to be Brady Quinn Part II.

Yeah.

Maybe his grandmother really didn't even die.

notorious
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM
With all the money he's about to make hes already got a huge bag of Coke scheduled to be dropped from a cessna.

If it helps him play better (as a Chief) I hope he has access to a mountain of Coke ala Scarface.

mcaj22
04-17-2010, 08:22 AM
I laughed so hard when Joe Thomas was picked and they showed him on a little boat with his dad fishing, he was just like yeah fuck it I'm chilling and I know I'm a big ole good lineman.

chiefzilla1501
04-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I laughed so hard when Joe Thomas was picked and they showed him on a little boat with his dad fishing, he was just like yeah **** it I'm chilling and I know I'm a big ole good lineman.

Are you ruling out that Clausen might be on a boat on a speedo with a few of his buddies?

OnTheWarpath15
04-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Dead Grandmother?

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bueller_03.jpg

swayy07
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
berry in the first round clausen with 2A............TO THE ROW BOAT

Reaper16
04-17-2010, 08:52 AM
LMAO

evolve27
04-17-2010, 09:05 AM

What I meant was he knew he wasn't gonna be at NY for a long time before the draft and already had that yearly fishing trip planned with his father. Clausen grandmother died so I get that he isn't coming for that reason now. :thumb:

boogblaster
04-17-2010, 09:54 AM
He could fall out of the top 10 .. why, maybe it's the "like brother" talent worries ....

Dylan
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Edit:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-grandfather/

DeezNutz
04-17-2010, 10:56 AM
He wants to have his grandfather with him, too.

I'm not sure what the story is, beyond a simple FYI.

Dylan
04-17-2010, 11:03 AM
He wants to have his grandfather with him, too.

I'm not sure what the story is, beyond a simple FYI.

Did I skim right over that piece of information? I feel bad.

I fixed my post. ... can you please fix yours? :D

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Dylan = mean

DeezNutz
04-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Of course.

Done.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Sounds like Sanchez last year with his grandma. Welp, that's that. The Jets are going to trade up to 5 and draft Clausen.

Dylan
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Dylan = mean

LMAO

see, this is a perfect example why I rarely visit bloggers sites --

Hey! Let's bury the lede! Traffic is more important.

and I'm not going over to see how the stories were paged out -- :evil:

gotta go. Judge Judy' on.

Dylan
04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Of course.

Done.

ah, thank you, DeezNutz ...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Talk about desperately searching for any reason to bash a guy.

"Oh, he's probably just using the death of a loved one as an excuse."

Just fucking kill yourself.

Coach
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM

Or going fishing with pops.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM

This.

All of this shit surrounding him is getting more and more pathetic as we go on.