philfree
04-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Mock I (1st four picks only)
#5 Eric Berry, S Tenn
Everybody gets their Berry

#36 Roger Saffold, T Indiana
All the best OLBs just went as well as Pouncey

#50 Koa Misi, OLB Utah
Not the OLB I wanted but we need one bad and he is a decent fit.

#68 Cam Thomas, NT N. Carolina
We got a big nose.

Not sure I like that one that much.

Mock II (The Reach)

#5 Brandon Graham, OLB Mich
He's not prototype size but he is protoype production and loves football.

#36 Maurkice Pouncey, C Florida
By reaching for Graham we started an early run on the OLBs and on D in general and it causes Pouncey to slip to us.

#50 Damien William, WR USC
Polished route runner ready to produce.

#68 Cam Thomas, NT N. Carolina
And we still got a big nose.

#102 Major Wright, FS Florida
He may end up a SS before it's over but he'll still upgrade the secodnary.

Mock III-same as Mock I except we took Clausen.

PhilFree:arrow:

milkman
04-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't mean to mock you, but you suck at this.

philfree
04-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't mean to mock you, but you suck at this.

That was well thought out criticism. You don't like my picks or that I'm jsut a lousy poster?

milkman
04-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Other than Eric Berry, I don't like the picks.

I don't believe, with so many teams moving to a 34, that Cam Thmas lasts until the 4th round.

You only did four rounds in the first, and decided to get to the first fifth round pick in the second, so there's inconsistency.

And really, with only 5 rounds fr the Chiefs, how hard would it be to do all the picks?

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 06:34 PM
i don't know if those players last but solid picks imo

Berry is elite potiential and fills a huge need
Safford also has elite potiential and can play both OT positions imo
Thomas is a spark plug who can fill the middle.
Misi i wonder how he will work out ... initially backs up Hali?

-------------
Brandon Graham - i really like him, huge upside imo(freeney upside)
Maurkice Pouncey - physical guy who has the strength to hold the point against big nose tackles
Damien William - good athlete and hands ... wish he had more speed.
Cam Thomas - spark plug to fill the gap
Major Wright - dunno

not that familiar with Wright ... but the rest are golden

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't mind the first four picks at all besides going OT in the 2nd.

spanky 52
04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I like Berry and Saffold. Also like Damian Williams in the second. I got slammed on here the other day for suggesting Eric Decker of MN would go in the second. According to PFW and the NFP value charts that's a possibility. Got a hunch one of the first major reaches will be Denver taking Pouncey with the 11th pick. Much like Washington has to have a LT, Denver has to get a center, they don't have any.

philfree
04-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Other than Eric Berry, I don't like the picks.

I don't believe, with so many teams moving to a 34, that Cam Thmas lasts until the 4th round.

You only did four rounds in the first, and decided to get to the first fifth round pick in the second, so there's inconsistency.

And really, with only 5 rounds fr the Chiefs, how hard would it be to do all the picks?

Thomas may go before then but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. As far the number of picks I did it more in a reference of the number of players I've looked at. Top 100 more or less. I could have just put down names I guess. And yes I am inconsistent.

I think there is a chance that Pioli picks Graham. I have heard nothing about us taking an OLB at #5 so it makes me wonder and then the reach thing is something Pioli has shown he will do.

milkman
04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Thomas may go before then but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. as far the number of picks I did it more a reference of nthe number of players I've looked at. Top 100 more or less. I could have just put down names I guess. And yes I am inconsistent.

I think there is a chance that Pioli picks Graham. I have heard nothing about us taking an OLB at #5 so it makes me wonder and then the reach thing is something Pioli has shown he will do.

I actually don't dislike the picks in the first mock so much as I think that neither Saffold or Thomas make it to those picks.

I hate reach mocks, though.

Graham isn't a bad player, but the lack of value just makes my head hurt, and is the main reason I responded negatively, initially.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your time, Phil.

I like the Eric Berry pick but I'm not thrilled about the rest. Saffold would be good value in the top of the second but I don't think that's a necessity pick, considering all the other guys that are likely to be there.

I don't think there's anyway that Pouncey falls to #36 and even if he did, I think the Chiefs have other needs that are far greater and can be filled with more value.

I like Cam Thomas but don't trust USC receivers.

I may be in the minority but I like Myron Rolle in the 4th as a safety before Wright.

BossChief
04-18-2010, 04:39 AM
5) Clausen
36) Tate
50) Jones
68) Troup
102) Calloway
136) Spikes
142) Rolle
144) Moeaki

That would give us a good look going forward.

milkman
04-18-2010, 08:15 AM
5) Clausen
36) Tate
50) Jones
68) Troup
102) Calloway
136) Spikes
142) Rolle
144) Moeaki

Just say no to O'Callaway.

boogblaster
04-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Berry
Dunlop
Williams
S..DE..WR

Nightfyre
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
My ideal mock:
1) Clausen/Trade Down

This debate has occurred ad nauseum. Look: I like Clausen because:
A) He has the arm to make it in the NFL.
B) He is addressing compacting his release.
C) He is extremely accurate.
D) His toe getting better can only improve his play, hastening his release and strengthening his throws.
E) He worked and thrived in Weis's offense.
F) He showed he can carry a team.
G) Cassel's contract looks like a stop-gap contract to me.

Trading down in a deep draft is also a good plan, which I prefer to Berry.

36) Tate/Saffold/Griffen/Hughes depending on who is there

50) Williams (USC)/Burnett/Either Jones (S)

68) Thomas/Joseph/Troup depending on who is there

NT must be addressed, and I predict they will fall further than analysts think. Thomas may end up in the third if we are lucky. Joseph should be there. Troup is a good fall-back.

102) Eric Olsen/Thaddeus Gibson

Olsen knows the scheme and has some game. He's the pick if he's there.

Gibson has some potential and is not unworthy of a flier in the fourth.

136) Mike Johnson, Alabama

This guy fits our blocking scheme perfectly and is tremendous value to our team in the fifth.

142) Kurt Coleman

We need a safety, and Coleman, while needing polish, could fit.

144) Micah Johnson

A player worthy of a fifth round flyer.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I got slammed on here the other day for suggesting Eric Decker of MN would go in the second.

I won't be the least bit surprised if he does. Don't worry about what the people on here think. I think Decker is probably a late 2nd rounder, but what do I know?

At the end of the day we are all a bunch of losers typing crap about the draft on the internet because we don't do it for a living.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
36) Tate/Saffold/Griffen/Hughes depending on who is there

68) Thomas/Joseph/Troup depending on who is there

NT must be addressed, and I predict they will fall further than analysts think. Thomas may end up in the third if we are lucky. Joseph should be there. Troup is a good fall-back.

102) Eric Olsen/Thaddeus Gibson

Olsen knows the scheme and has some game. He's the pick if he's there.

I used to think that we could get Cam Thomas at 50 but anymore, I'm not so sure. If he is who we want, we may have to take him at 36. I won't be upset if we pass on him there, but think about the teams drafting after us in round 2 that are running a 3-4 without a true NT and teams with old NT's.
Cleveland @ 38, Chargers @ 40, Bills @ 41, Broncos @ 43, 45 & 47.

Basically with 6 picks as potential landing spots, after our 2a pick, I'd be surprised if he were available at 50 and wouldn't let him get past us there. Pittsburgh @ 52 could take him to be the eventual replacement for Casey Hampton, who is always out of shape and getting up there in years.

If we go Berry 1, then at 2a I'd take Tate, Griffen or Hughes (in that order) and if they are all gone, I'd take Cam Thomas. Either way I just can't see him lasting til the 3rd.

Nightfyre
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I used to think that we could get Cam Thomas at 50 but anymore, I'm not so sure. If he is who we want, we may have to take him at 36. I won't be upset if we pass on him there, but think about the teams drafting after us in round 2 that are running a 3-4 without a true NT and teams with old NT's.
Cleveland @ 38, Chargers @ 40, Bills @ 41, Broncos @ 43, 45 & 47.

Basically with 6 picks as potential landing spots, after our 2a pick, I'd be surprised if he were available at 50 and wouldn't let him get past us there. Pittsburgh @ 52 could take him to be the eventual replacement for Casey Hampton, who is always out of shape and getting up there in years.

If we go Berry 1, then at 2a I'd take Tate, Griffen or Hughes (in that order) and if they are all gone, I'd take Cam Thomas. Either way I just can't see him lasting til the 3rd.
I have a hard time seeing us getting good value with the 50th pick. I'd like to see us package a fifth or something to move it up earlier in the round personally.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a hard time seeing us getting good value with the 50th pick. I'd like to see us package a fifth or something to move it up earlier in the round personally.

I like Nate Allen, who might be there at 50. He's not Eric Berry, but he's pretty damn good.

BossChief
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
5) Clausen
36) Tate
50) Jones
68) Troup
102) Calloway
136) Spikes
142) Rolle
144) Moeaki

Just say no to O'Callaway.

we just agree to disagree on him.

what about the rest?

milkman
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
we just agree to disagree on him.

what about the rest?

Not a fan of the Tate pick, or the Moeaki pick, but can live with them.

I really don't like O'Callaway, though

BossChief
04-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Not a fan of the Tate pick, or the Moeaki pick, but can live with them.

I really don't like O'Callaway, though

My view on the Tate pick is that he can be a super slot receiver that can play other roles for us as well in special teams and different packages. That gives us a good fit because Chambers and Bowe are the clear cut starters and we need a guy like him in the slot for when we spread teams out. It leaves us the opening for a replacement at one of the starters spots next year or the year after as well.

Short term

Bowe
Chambers
Tate

long term

Floyd/Jones/Green
Bowe
Tate

He is also the answer for us at returner and has a very good skill set in that category.

He has a lot of experience in our offense and the way Weis coaches it as well, that should add additional value to him as a prospect for us, specifically.

Calloway is gonna be a solid right tackle and would be a great value where I have him at. He earned a lot more of my respect when they moved Derrick Morgan to his side for a lot of the second half of the bowl game and he got stalemated by Calloway.

I thought about guys like Blount at the slot as well as Selvie or a number of guards, but I feel Calloway will surprise a lot of people with how well he transitions. He would be our day one starter at right tackle and be the best one we have had for years (I know that isnt saying much)

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
5) Clausen
36) Tate
50) Jones
68) Troup
102) Calloway
136) Spikes
142) Rolle
144) Moeaki

Not sure which Jones, but I hope you mean Chad and not Reshad and I wouldn't take either of them in the 2nd.

Outside of 1st rounders, I'd prefer Nate Allen in the 2nd and Kam Chancellor in the 3rd or 4th.

I don't think Calloway goes that high. I like him but I think he's a 5th rounder. I'd have no problem taking him with our first 5th but the 4th would be a reach IMO.

I applaud that you don't have Eric Olsen in the mock. Originality points.

I don't see us taking Clausen, so I think if we stay put, it'll be Berry.

Saccopoo
04-19-2010, 01:35 AM
1. Trent Williams, OT; OU
2. Pat Robinson, CB; FSU
2. Linval Joseph, DT; ECU
3. Matt Tennant, C; BC
4. Jordan Shipley, WR; UT
5. Zane Beadles, OL; UU
5. Larry Asante, S; NU
5. AJ Edds, LB; Iowa

BossChief
04-19-2010, 03:10 AM
1. Trent Williams, OT; OU Im not taking a right tackle this high, didnt you listen to Pioli?
2. Pat Robinson, CB; FSU if we take a corner this high, he better have huge ears
2. Linval Joseph, DT; ECU I can dig it, but I would prefer Troup a round later
3. Matt Tennant, C; BC He shouldnt go this high, but I agree he would fit here perfectly
4. Jordan Shipley, WR; UT too damn high
5. Zane Beadles, OL; UU not a fan, but I can live with it in the fifth round
5. Larry Asante, S; NU Id rather have a guy like Myron Rolle or Stuckey here over Asante
5. AJ Edds, LB; Iowa Id rather have Angerer if we are taking a Iowa linebacker in the fifth, to be honest

Overall, I like the players you have here (even Shipley), just not where you have them going.

And of course, taking Trent Williams that high is epic dumb.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Are you really sure you want Pat Robinson, isn't he the anti CB of what everyone always wants?

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 08:15 AM
1. Trent Williams, OT; OU
2. Pat Robinson, CB; FSU
2. Linval Joseph, DT; ECU
3. Matt Tennant, C; BC
4. Jordan Shipley, WR; UT
5. Zane Beadles, OL; UU
5. Larry Asante, S; NU
5. AJ Edds, LB; Iowa

8 picks, zero playmakers.

That's the Chiefs Way.

notorious
04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
8 picks, zero playmakers.

That's the Chiefs Way.

This.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 08:29 AM
This.

In fairness, Robinson is a borderline 1st round talent, but he screams underachiever to me. Didn't make a lot of plays in college, and would probably only be on the field in nickle situations here.

I can live with the Joseph pick provided we get some playmakers ahead of him.

Otherwise, that draft is the epitome of what the True Fan wants - a quick journey back to 8-8, and the occasional 5/6 seed, one-and-done in the playoffs.

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
1. Eric Berry, S
2. Golden Tate, WR
2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Donald Butler, ILB
4. Torrell Troup, NT
5. Tony Washington, OT
5. Anthony McCoy, TE
5. Eric Olsen, OC

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 09:25 AM
1. Eric Berry, S
2. Golden Tate, WR
2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Donald Butler, ILB
4. Torrell Troup, NT
5. Tony Washington, OT
5. Anthony McCoy, TE
5. Eric Olsen, OC

Anthony McCoy allegedly failed a drug test prior to the combine.

Scratch him off our list, Pioli wants Choir Boys.

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Anthony McCoy allegedly failed a drug test prior to the combine.

Scratch him off our list, Pioli wants Choir Boys.

Yeah...I saw that. Fucking stupid.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah...I saw that. Fucking stupid.

I'm not sure I'd give any weight to it. Same thing happened last year with two players, I don't recall who.

It was reported they had failed tests before the combine, then it was confirmed after the draft that they hadn't.

Frosty
04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
1. Eric Berry, S
2. Golden Tate, WR
2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Donald Butler, ILB
4. Torrell Troup, NT
5. Tony Washington, OT
5. Anthony McCoy, TE
5. Eric Olsen, OC

Pestilence for GM!

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure I'd give any weight to it. Same thing happened last year with two players, I don't recall who.

It was reported they had failed tests before the combine, then it was confirmed after the draft that they hadn't.

Wasn't one of them Percy Harvin? Or am I wrong?

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Pestilence for GM!

I really would have wanted Clausen.....but the closer we get to the draft.....I've come to realize that it's probably not going to happen.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Wasn't one of them Percy Harvin? Or am I wrong?

Wasn't it Cushing and Matthews?

Sfeihc
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Not bad phil but I really like these two.

1)D. Williams NT
2)J. Hughes OLB
2)D. Williams WR/KR
3)D. Butler ILB
4)J. Graham TE
5)TJ Ward S
5)F. Barnes WR
5)B. Church S

or this if Clausen is the pick.

1)Clausen QBOTF
2)Hughes OLB
2)T. Troup NT