PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC Star Mock Draft 2

Armyofme
04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/17/1883286/the-stars-nfl-mock-draft-take.html

Here is one way the first round may go in Thursday’s NFL draft. We'll offer a final mock draft on Thursday.

1. St. Louis Rams … QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

Complex ownership situation may keep Rams from signing him before the draft.

2. Detroit Lions … OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State

Lions need longtime solution for protecting second-year QB Matthew Stafford.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers … DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma

McCoy fits the Bucs’ scheme better than Ndamukong Suh.

4. Washington … OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Sooner State rocks in the first round of the draft.

5. Kansas City Chiefs … DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska

Another defensive lineman? Suh will anchor the 3-4 defense.

6. Seattle Seahawks … OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa

Bulaga ends the run of five straight Big 12 players taken.

7. Cleveland Browns … S Eric Berry, Tennessee

Browns will get QB (like Colt McCoy) in the second round.

8. Oakland Raiders … RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson

Al Davis can’t resist a speedy playmaker.

9. Buffalo Bills … OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers

Bills allowed 46 sacks in 2009.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars … DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech

Jaguars had only 14 sacks last season.

11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) … WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State

Broncos trade one headache (Brandon Marshall) for another.

12. Miami Dolphins … DT Dan Williams, Tennessee

Dolphins have their nose tackle for a decade.

13. San Francisco 49ers … CB Joe Haden, Florida

Athletic Haden will be an upgrade for a mediocre secondary.

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) … QB Jimmy Clausen

Pete Carroll may have to trade up for his quarterback of the future.

15. New York Giants … MLB Rolando McClain, Alabama

Captain of national champion steps in for Antonio Pierce

16. Tennessee Titans … DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida

Titans see him as second coming of Jevon Kearse

17 San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina) … OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland

He stole the show at the Combine with 4.8 40, and 34 reps in bench press.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers … CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State

Steelers corners made just two interceptions in 2009.

19. Atlanta Falcons … OLB Brandon Graham, Michigan

Falcons need a push in their pass rush.

20. Houston Texans … S Earl Thomas, Texas

Ball-hawking safety probably won’t last this long.

21. Cincinnati Bengals … TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

Chase Coffman didn’t step up to seize this job.

22. New England Patriots … LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

He fits the prototype of a versatile Patriots linebacker.

23. Green Bay Packers … CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama

Age is creeping up on Packers cornerbacks.

24. Philadelphia Eagles … CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers

Departure of Sheldon Brown opens a spot in the lineup.

25. Baltimore Ravens … DT Jared Odrick, Penn State

Odrick fits perfectly in the Ravens' 3-4 scheme.

26. Arizona Cardinals … LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

Replacements for Karlos Dansby and Chike Okeafor are needed.

27. Dallas Cowboys … OT Charles Brown, USC

He’ll step in for the recently released Flozell Adams

28. San Diego Chargers … RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno State

It’s time to move on without LaDainian Tomlinson

29. New York Jets … DE Everson Griffen, USC

Rex Ryan will love turning this guy loose.

30. Minnesota Vikings …CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State

Injuries at corner make this a priority for Vikings.

31. Indianapolis Colts … G Mike Iupati, Idaho

Colts hope he can fill the shoes of Ryan Lilja.

32. New Orleans Saints …. OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU

Hybrid pass rusher will flourish under coordinator Gregg Williams.

| Randy Covitz,rcovitz@kcstar.com

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 06:48 PM
How does anyone in their right mind have Suh going to the Chiefs? Covitz is a buffoon.

milkman
04-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Suh?

They pay these writers at the Star too much, whatever they may pay them.

Mecca
04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
This one is worse than the other one.

Why do people who cover sports have to be so fuckin stupid?

Dante84
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
McFadden and Spiller for the Raiders?

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
How does anyone in their right mind have Suh going to the Chiefs? Covitz is a buffoon.
most said the exact same thing about Dorsey?

Mecca
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Even if he's there why the fuck would the Chiefs take him?

You know what we need another 5 tech, 3 picks in a row of the same thing.

milkman
04-17-2010, 06:55 PM
most said the exact same thing about Dorsey?

I don't remember that, but if they did it was for an entirely different reason, I'm sure.

3 top 5 5 techs?

Do you not see the problem with that idea?

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Even if he's there why the fuck would the Chiefs take him?

unless you get a trade offer your take him and then we immediately try and trade Dorsey for a pick to grab a legit Nose tackle

Suh
Cody
Jackson

it will hurt to miss on Berry and/or Clausen but we would have a legit 3-4 Dline finally.

rad
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Lions is to WR as KC is to DL

philfree
04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
unless you get a trade offer your take him and then we immediately try and trade Dorsey for a pick to grab a legit Nose tackle

Suh
Cody
Jackson

it will hurt to miss on Berry and/or Clausen but we would have a legit 3-4 Dline finally.

I don't understand why people are so opposed to this? And don't tell me they're the same player because Dorsey and Suh are not the same.

I was reading the article by John Gruden talking about DTs with a top pick and he's skeptical about picking them high. He then went on to say how good of prospects Suh and McCoy are and he said Suh compared to Richard Seymour. I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not but if Suh is on the board when Pioli picks and he makes that comparison Suh will be a Chief.

PhilFree:arrow:

-King-
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
How exactly would another 5tech anchor a 3-4?

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't think there's a chance in hell Suh falls to the Chiefs but if he did, they could get a ransom of picks for him.

milkman
04-17-2010, 07:21 PM

Suh
Cody
Jackson

The minute you take Suh, you decrease Dorsey's value in trade.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't understand why people are so opposed to this? And don't tell me they're the same player because Dorsey and Suh are not the same.

I was reading the article by John Gruden talking about DTs with a top pick and he's skeptical about picking them high. He then went on to say how good of prospects Suh and McCoy are and he said Suh compared to Richard Seymour. I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not but if Suh is on the board when Pioli picks and he makes that comparison Suh will be a Chief.

If Suh were to be chosen by the Chiefs, if I were Pioli, I'd dump Tyson Jackson.

Dorsey and Suh on that line would be insane.

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Because repeating the mistake we made last year would be colossally dumb?

We just took a five-tech and now you want to sink 60 mil into ANOTHER ONE?

Suh's talents would be wasted in the 3-4, this point is irrelevant anyway, he's going to Detroit or Tampa Bay and he'll get 6-7 sacks every year and be a Pro Bowl 3-tech.

DeezNutz
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM
If Suh were to be chosen by the Chiefs, if I were Pioli, I'd dump Tyson Jackson.

If he actually did this, however, Hunt would have no choice but to fire him.

You simply cannot make that strong of an overt statement about fucking up one of the highest draft picks in franchise history.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
If he actually did this, however, Hunt would have no choice but to fire him.

You simply cannot make that strong of an overt statement about fucking up one of the highest draft picks in franchise history.

Oh, I agree.

But trading Dorsey and keeping Jackson is lunacy, IMO.

DeezNutz
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
But trading Dorsey and keeping Jackson is lunacy, IMO.

Completely agree.

DBOSHO
04-17-2010, 07:31 PM

LMAO wow

boogblaster
04-17-2010, 07:38 PM
NT needed ..

milkman
04-17-2010, 07:38 PM

I would too, except for the fact that no one is going to give near the same value for Jackson as you paid for him.

The only way I see the Chiefs selecting Suh is if there is anything to the rumor that Dorsey is being moved inside, which would also indicate that dallas is the model, rather than NE, for this defense that Crennel plans to use.

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
That would be a shocker for sure.

And I guess regardless of passing on other players, you'd have to be excited about that front 3.

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I would too, except for the fact that no one is going to give near the same value for Jackson as you paid for him.

The only way I see the Chiefs selecting Suh is if there is anything to the rumor that Dorsey is being moved inside, which would also indicate that dallas is the model, rather than NE, for this defense that Crennel plans to use.
Pioli just said mentioned the other day that Dorsey could play nose tackle.

maybe they are going to a more penetrating 3-4 dline like Dallas.

:shrug:

anyway ... i doubt suh falls so it really doesn't matter.

philfree
04-17-2010, 07:43 PM

Yeah I was thinking that too.

How would Suh and Dorsey do in a two down linemen formation?

milkman
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Pioli just said mentioned the other day that Dorsey could play nose tackle.

maybe they are going to a more penetrating 3-4 dline like Dallas.

:shrug:

anyway ... i doubt suh falls so it really doesn't matter.

Any idea where that rumor about Dorsey moving inside originated?

If that rumor has any legs, then Suh isn't even germaine to the discussion.

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah I was thinking that too.

How would Suh and Dorsey do in a two down linemen formation?

Are you talking about a nickel package? The Chiefs actually did that a lot last year with two down linemen and two rushbackers.

Didn't really work that well, neither Dorsey or Tyson Jackson were great as inside rushers. In fact as has been pointed out in the past, the cheap guys - Magee and Gilberry - were more productive.

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 07:48 PM

If that rumor has any legs, then Suh isn't even germaine to the discussion.

Nick Wright brought it up at the press conference I think. First I heard of it.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM

As much as I'd "dislike" the idea of three defensive lineman as top five picks, I'd be absolutely STOKED if the Chiefs moved to the Dallas version of the 3-4 because I think that Suh and Dorsey would absolutely dominate in that defense.

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I would love to have Suh if we cant get Berry. He is the best player in this draft right along with Eric. And I don't give a fuck what any of you say, Suh could and would play Nose Tackle for us.

milkman
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I would love to have Suh if we cant get Berry. He is the best player in this draft right along with Eric. And I don't give a **** what any of you say, Suh could and would play Nose Tackle for us.

You're a fucking idiot.

He's a 5 tech.

philfree
Are you talking about a nickel package? The Chiefs actually did that a lot last year with two down linemen and two rushbackers.

Didn't really work that well, neither Dorsey or Tyson Jackson were great as inside rushers. In fact as has been pointed out in the past, the cheap guys - Magee and Gilberry - were more productive.

I that's why I brought it up.

DaneMcCloud
This is all a bunch of nonsense because the Lions will take Suh and probably trader their third rounder for Gaither.

It's a high third in a very deep draft and I think Ozzie will take it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2010, 07:58 PM
This is all a bunch of nonsense because the Lions will take Suh and probably trader their third rounder for Gaither.

It's a high third in a very deep draft and I think Ozzie will take it.

That would be a tremendous move for Detroit.

Mr. Laz
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM

If that rumor has any legs, then Suh isn't even germaine to the discussion.Chiefs GM Scott Pioli Talks About Glenn Dorsey Playing Nose Tackle

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/profile_images/240996/headshot_tiny.jpg by Joel Thorman (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Joel%20Thorman) on Apr 16, 2010 3:39 PM PDT (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/16/1426923/chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-talks-about) in 2010 Campaign (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/2010-campaign) http://cdn3.sbnation.com/images/icons/comment.v1599.png 87 comments, 87 new
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/352017/58956_chiefs_broncos_football.jpg (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/photos/chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-talks-about) More photos » (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/photos/chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-talks-about) Ed Andrieski - AP

Browse more photos » (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/photos/chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-talks-about)

At Scott Pioli's press conference this afternoon, the Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) GM was asked an interesting question (that's been posed before).
What about Glenn Dorsey (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34469/Glenn_Dorsey) playing nose tackle?
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v5547.jpg
His measurements -- listed at 6'1" and 297 pounds -- don't exactly scream nose tackle but it's an interesting thought.
Nick Wright of 610 Sports is the one who asked the question. He said he's heard there were some discussions going on about Dorsey and nose tackle.
Wright: "You mention Glenn Dorsey. I'm personally hearing from people close to the player that there have been discussions about him maybe playing nose tackle. Is that true?"
Pioli: "I think Glenn is a unique player in that he has the physical skill and body type to play numerous positions. Like we do with other positions, we're going to collect as many good players as we can and then the players themselves will sort out who are going to be the best ones on the field. It's like what you do with the offensive line. Find the five best guys and get them on the field."
Wright: "So he can play nose, specifically?"
Pioli: "He can do a lot of different things."
A very nice example of the non-answer answer. A Pioli specialty.
It's hard to take anything away from this because he doesn't really answer the question but I do think it's interesting that Wright brought this up. The Chiefs nose tackle situation is a big question mark.
Is Ron Edwards (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2363/Ron_Edwards) the starter again? Will it be addressed in the draft? Where does Shaun Smith fit in?
If you're looking for an answer to those questions, keep looking.

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
That would be a tremendous move for Detroit.

It sure would. Of course, it's speculation on my part but I think Schwartz is a pretty smart dude and Martin Mayhew's first draft was better than the combination of Detroit's last ten.

It kinda makes me jealous, which is an indescribable feeling regarding Detroit.

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I wasn't looking to Scott Pioli for an answer.

I'm curious where Wright heard the rumor, or if he was just making shit up.

That rumor just seemed to be pulled out of thin air.

Bane
04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Suh going to us @ 5......Yeah uh.......Nevermind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Epic Fail 007
04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
why u think pioli kept talkin bout movin dorsey to nt this is why,he had idea they would take suh,think jackson one end suh the othe other dorsey at nt,theres ur line,killer line,no to be down on on dorsey or jackson

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
It sure would. Of course, it's speculation on my part but I think Schwartz is a pretty smart dude and Martin Mayhew's first draft was better than the combination of Detroit's last ten.

It kinda makes me jealous, which is an indescribable feeling regarding Detroit.

At least you can take some small solace in the fact that Swartz hired Gunther Cunningham.

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:06 PM
why u think pioli kept talkin bout movin dorsey to nt this is why,he had idea they would take suh,think jackson one end suh the othe other dorsey at nt,theres ur line,killer line,no to be down on on dorsey or jackson

thinks fur cleerin thet op.

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

He's a 5 tech.

And you're just gonna discount even the possibility of Suh being a Nose?

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM
And you're just gonna discount even the possibility of Suh being a Nose?

Yes

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't think there's a chance in hell Suh falls to the Chiefs but if he did, they could get a ransom of picks for him.

Well there are Haynesworth speculation with a possible trade deal with either the Lions or Rams so the fall could happen

DaneMcCloud
04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
At least you can take some small solace in the fact that Swartz hired Gunther Cunningham.

Well, he took orders from him in Tennessee and must have complied quite well with his plans.

That the ONLY reason I see why he was hired there.

Bane
04-17-2010, 08:10 PM

Not that I think it will happen,but IMO if a player like Suh is there you take him and adjust to make your team fit what he does best.Players like Suh are only going to make the team better period.I don't see Suh being there,and I figure they'll take Berry,but it will make for an exciting pick for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes

What makes you think he can't play NT?

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
What makes you think he can't play NT?

He's tall and lean, relatively speaking.

KCrockaholic
04-17-2010, 08:24 PM
He's tall and lean, relatively speaking.

I seriously hope that isn't your only reasoning. I was really hoping for some great insight on why Suh can't play NT. But nevermind.

Hammock Parties
04-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I seriously hope that isn't your only reasoning. I was really hoping for some great insight on why Suh can't play NT. But nevermind.

You don't really need much more than that. There's only one nose tackle around 300 pounds in the NFL and he is a freak of nature who was a 7th round pick and a total shot in the dark.

milkman
04-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Dude, he's not a space eater.

He doesn't have the base to take on double and triple teams in the middle and not get rooted out.

You need a fatass in the middle that has the base to hold his ground.

Lacking that you need a penetrator who can get into the backfield and disrupt plays, and push the pocket.

He's not that guy.

matts22
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
You don't really need much more than that. There's only one nose tackle around 300 pounds in the NFL and he is a freak of nature who was a 7th round pick and a total shot in the dark.

Actually, there are several 3-4 NTs that weigh in the 300-310 range in the NFL.
What I find funny is how most people want Torell Troup to play NT for us but think it is impossible for Suh to play the position. Suh was one inch taller and SEVEN POUNDS lighter than Troup at the combine (307 vs. 314).

DTLB58
04-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Not that I think it will happen,but IMO if a player like Suh is there you take him and adjust to make your team fit what he does best.Players like Suh are only going to make the team better period.I don't see Suh being there,and I figure they'll take Berry,but it will make for an exciting pick for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

IMO you would never draft a single player that didn't fit your team or scheme.

That's like a GM making a trade for a player and not consulting the coaching staff and saying here he is, make it work.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
You can't draft a guy at 5 and move him to a position he's not used to playing. Just ask Glenn Dorsey. LMAO

DTLB58
04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I dug these up from last year at about this time. I found them informative.

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=3210

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=3256

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=3324

Titty Meat
04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I'd be ok with it this franchise isn't winning shit and Suh just pledge two million to Nebraska. We need him to get pick within the first five picks.

Epic Fail 007
04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
now do``t get me wrong suhs great,but i would much rather have berry,although i have watched highlights of suh and just how he picks up the ball and runs and causes havoc reminds me of peppers.

acesn8s
04-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Even if he's there why the **** would the Chiefs take him?

BPA

Don't you preach that shit?

Mecca
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
You can't use 3 straight picks on the same position.

If you have Manning you can't go drafting another QB in the 1st round, BPA applies for the most part but there is also a common sense approach to this.

acesn8s
04-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Common sense left this team long ago. I blame Carl.

royr17
04-18-2010, 01:55 AM

Are you talkin about Jay Ratliff ?

BossChief
04-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Lions is to WR as KC is to DL

And if they didnt take the last one, they wouldnt have the superstar they have now.

Calvin Johnson is to receivers what Suh is to defensive linemen.

He read my posts from months ago from when I was bringing up Wade Phillips as the hopeful DC and us changing to that gap penetrating 3-4 and how our personnel fit that brand of 3-4 better than ours.

How it could make use of Dorseys strengths and how I felt he could be a MVP type player in that role.

:grovel:

Suh
Dorsey
Jackson

that is a studly DL for a Dallas 3-4.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-18-2010, 04:18 AM
NFL Draft Spotlight: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
April 1, 2010 @ 03:00:00

retweet

By Cory J. Bonini
Edited by Tim Heaney

Arguably the consensus No. 1 overall prospect in the 2010 NFL Draft, Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (pronounced En-dom-ah-ken Soo) is coming off one of the most dominant seasons for anyone at his position in NCAA history. In 2009, he racked up 82 total tackles and 12.0 sacks. Demonstrating his athleticism, Suh intercepted two passes in 2008 and returned both for touchdowns.

StrengthsExplosive and athletic: Suh blasts off the snap with extreme quickness. This enables him to easily collapse pockets and penetrate backfields.

Powerful, muscular frame: Well-defined at 6-foot-4, 307 pounds

Intelligent and of good character

Strong work ethic
Awareness: Reads plays well and sniffs out screen passes.

Pass-rushing skills are top-notch

Impressive tackling ability - has a nose for the ball

Lateral strength and mobility

The nation's best prospect?

Strong against the run

Versatile - can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 alignments

Weaknesses

One year of dominant performance

Several knee surgeries

Expected draft placement
Suh looks like a can't-miss prospect. Defensive linemen are generally safer than, say, a quarterback, at the top end of a draft. Multiple knee surgeries could scare off a team, but he experienced an upward growth in production throughout his collegiate career.

Expect the senior be drafted as high as the first overall pick (St. Louis Rams) and as low as No. 3 (Tampa Bay Buccaneers). The Detroit Lions at No. 2 seem to be Suh's most likely landing spot if the Rams choose a quarterback, which we expect them to do it

suds79
04-18-2010, 06:09 AM
:shake:

Anytime I hear a mock that involves drafting Suh then they have to, or should, put as a side note that the Chiefs then deal Dorsey or Jackson because you couldn't have all 3 playing at once.

Not a one of those guys can play NT.

Fritz88
04-18-2010, 06:16 AM
RB for the Raider. Why the fuck did I click on this link?

milkman
04-18-2010, 08:29 AM

Anytime I hear a mock that involves drafting Suh then they have to, or should, put as a side note that the Chiefs then deal Dorsey or Jackson because you couldn't have all 3 playing at once.

Not a one of those guys can play NT.

As mentioned already, if they transitioned to a more penetrating 34, Dorsey would be a good fit at NT, but that's the only way you keep all three.

notorious
04-18-2010, 08:35 AM
they need to transition to a more penetrating 34, .

FYP

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 08:43 AM

actually where Wright heard the rumor doesn't really matter. Hell he could of just made it up. The only thing the matters is that Pioli said he thinks that Dorsey could play the nose tackle position.

BigRedChief
04-18-2010, 08:49 AM
How does anyone in their right mind have Suh going to the Chiefs? Covitz is a buffoon.Suh lasting till the 5th pick? ROFL Covitz is defintely an idiot.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Dorsey lasting till the 5th pick? ROFL Covitz is defintely an idiot.

:hmmm:

BigRedChief
04-18-2010, 08:52 AM
You can't use 3 straight picks on the same position.3 straight? How about all the 2nd rounders we have used in the last 7 years to fix the DL? It's just too depressing to even list. :shake:

BigRedChief
04-18-2010, 08:53 AM
:hmmm:Not comparable. There were rumors of Dorsey dropping before the draft. Questions of his weight and work ethic surfaced.

Doesn't matter really. I see no way in hell, under any concievable scenerio that if Suh was to drop to #5 that Pioli wouldn't take him.

notorious
04-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Not comparable. There were rumors of Dorsey dropping before the draft. Questions of his weight and work ethic surfaced.

Very comparable. We were fortunate to get him.

milkman
04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
actually where Wright heard the rumor doesn't really matter. Hell he could of just made it up. The only thing the matters is that Pioli said he thinks that Dorsey could play the nose tackle position.

Yeah.

Pioli thinks Matt Cassel can play the QB position too, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.

BigRedChief
04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Very comparable. We were fortunate to get him.
it's only comparable as....we would be lucky to get Suh at #5. Thats where it ends.

You show me any reliable rumors/info that say Suh will drop to #5. And why would he drop? Whats his recently discovered problem?

Don't get me wrong. Despite all of our wasted picks on the DL in the past I'd be doing backflips if we could get Suh but I'm just calling BS on Suh dropping to #5.

acesn8s
04-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Not a one of those guys can play NT.I guess you could rotate them in to keep them fresh.

Or we could just go with 11 DL to cover the field.

Afterall, there is no real need to fix any other position. :shrug:

notorious
04-18-2010, 09:06 AM
it's only comparable as....we would be lucky to get Suh at #5. Thats where it ends.

You show me any reliable rumors/info that say Suh will drop to #5. And why would he drop? Whats his recently discovered problem?

Don't get me wrong. Despite all of our wasted picks on the DL in the past I'd be doing backflips if we could get Suh but I'm just calling BS on Suh dropping to #5.

I agree. They are/were both amazing prospects.

You can't dispute that everyone in the NFL world was shocked when he dropped.

Rumors are rumors, but when it comes down to it the "experts" were amazed he dropped to us.

Delano
04-18-2010, 09:19 AM
BPA

Don't you preach that shit?

If Pioli goes BPA last year, Suh isn't the third end in a row.

Fucking Jackson.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 09:37 AM
If Pioli goes BPA last year, Suh isn't the third end in a row.

Fucking Jackson.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a good God damned point.

</post>
04-18-2010, 10:00 AM
As much as I'd "dislike" the idea of three defensive lineman as top five picks, I'd be absolutely STOKED if the Chiefs moved to the Dallas version of the 3-4 because I think that Suh and Dorsey would absolutely dominate in that defense.

I keep reading this, but I'm I admit I'm clueless about specific versions of 3-4 D's.

What are the differences between the Dallas 3-4 and the other available options for the 3-4 defense, and how does it affect personnel?

notorious
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
I keep reading this, but I'm I admit I'm clueless about specific versions of 3-4 D's.

What are the differences between the Dallas 3-4 and the other available options for the 3-4 defense, and how does it affect personnel?

Good question nOOb.

All the nOObs need to follow this gentlelman's lead. If you don't know about something, ask. Do NOT pop off about something you don't know about.

Rep

milkman
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM

I don't understand the specifics as well as others here, but simply stated, in a 2 gap you need a guy that can try take up the A and B gap and act as more of a space occupier.

In the 1 gap its more of taking away the A and getting a ton of pressure from the line and your OLB, which is more the Dallas model.

suds79
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Dallas I'm pretty sure is the only team in the NFL who runs a 3-4 without a huge NT. Jay Ratliff is their guy at NT at just over 3 bills. How they don't get gutted up the middle all day I don't know.

So while it's possible I suppose, the rest of the 3-4 teams in the league seemly are looking for that huge man in the middle to occupy that space.

So I'm guessing Jay Ratliff's case is the exception rather than the rule.

Our NT will need to be 330+. Which means Suh, Dorsey or Jackson just can't do that.

Pushead2
04-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Suh = dead career in KC

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 03:33 PM
The primary difference between the two systems is where the front 3 line up. The Parcells-Belichick system is a two gap system which requires their front 3 to line up directly in front of an offensive lineman and control the gap on both sides of that offensive lineman. Since they have to control 2 gaps, that system is referred to as a “two-gap” system. The Steelers-Dallas version is primarily a “one-gap” system. The linemen play slightly to the side of their blockers, rather than directly in front of them. They are responsible for controlling only one gap, while the linebacker behind them is responsible for the other gap.