PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft New Mock Draft--Surprise

journeyscarab
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
1.St.Louis Rams: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
2.Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
3.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
4.Washington Redskins: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.
5.San Francisco(From KC): Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
6.Seattle Seahawks: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
7.Cleveland Browns: Eric Berry S Tennessee
8.Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
9.Buffalo Bills: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
10.Jacksonville Jaguars: Rolando McClain LB Alabama
11.Denver Broncos: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
12.Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams NT Tennessee
13.Kansas City Chiefs(From SF): Earl Thomas S Texas
14.Seattle Seahawks: C.J Spiller RB Clemson
15.New York Giants: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
16.Tennessee Titans: Joe Haden CB Florida
17.Kansas City Chiefs(From SF): Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
18.Pittsburgh Steelers: Kyle Wilson CB/KR Boise St.
19.Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon LB Mizzou
20.Houston Texans: Taylor Mays S USC
21.Cincinnati Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
22.New England Patriots: Sergio Kindle DE/OLB Texas
23.Green Bay Packers: Brandon Graham DE Michigan
24.Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Iupati G Idaho
25.Baltimore Ravens: Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
26.Arizona Cardinals: Nate Allen S South Florida
27.Dallas Cowboys: Charles Brown OT USC
28.San Diego Chargers: Ryan Matthews RB Fresno St.
29.New York Jets: Jared Odrick DT Penn St.
30.Minnesota Vikings: Maurkice Pouncey G Florida
31.Indianapolis Colts: Brian Price DT UCLA
32.New Orleans Saints: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

Chiefs Trade 5th Overall Pick and 3rd Round Pick To SF For Their 2 First Rndrs

2a.Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU
2b.Brandon LaFell WR LSU
4. Arthur Jones DT/DE Syracuse
5a.Myron Lewis CB Vanderbilt
5b.Tony Pike QB Cincinnati
5c.Jordan Shipley WR Texas

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
My poor forehead. It's going to be a rough week. :facepalm:

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Fuck that.

That's not enough.

Only an extra 1st and giving up a 3rd to move down 8 spots?

Pass.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
giving them that 3rd round back sucks ass ... if they want up there then they can just bend over and give us the two 1st rounders.

in fact we should trade down to 7 first and then take both of their 1st rounders after Cleveland grabs Berry.

DaneMcCloud
I thought you were done, Voyager?

Please, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

journeyscarab
**** that.

That's not enough.

Only an extra 1st and giving up a 3rd to move down 8 spots?

Pass.

But you cover 2 huge needs with 2 great players. Plus Pioli would do this

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Amen. Fuck that indeed. To drop that much and end up with Thomas instead of Berry and having Anthony Davis being the difference is nonsense.

Anthony Davis will be a shit offensive lineman in this league. Mark it down.

the Talking Can
04-18-2010, 12:23 PM
fuck my face with an ass

we're giving san fran a QB and a high 3rd?

lord

and hughes isn't falling out of the 1st

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I will flip the fuck out.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Anthony Davis will be a shit offensive lineman in this league. Mark it down.
i don't know about this ... i think Davis could be a quality right tackle if he keeps his head on straight.

mcaj22
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
what idiot homer made this mock? Looked at the NFL and said, yea there is only going to be one trade in the first round and it will be KC! There were NINE round 1 draft day trades between picks last year...

journeyscarab
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I will flip the **** out.

Would you mind trading down though? And if so what would you want other than SF's 2 first rounders

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2010, 12:26 PM
im ok with this as long as we dont give back a 3rd, i can see maybe one of our 5th. But instead of Davis at 17, i rather take Kindle or Graham.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Would you mind trading down though? And if so what would you want other than SF's 2 first rounders

I want next year's first.

Must get extra picks this year and have two firsts next year. Otherwise, teams can go fuck themselves with their weak offers.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Journey/Voyager what's your next name going to be destination?

philfree
04-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I want next year's first.

Must get extra picks this year and have two firsts next year. Otherwise, teams can go **** themselves with their weak offers.

Value chart wise #5 + #68= 1950 #13+ #17=200

And you want three 1st rounders? Good luck with that.

PhilFree:arrow:

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:36 PM

Fuck the chart, Phil.

WE have the pick THEY want.

If they want it that bad, they'll pay a premium.

Example: I have a pair of Super Bowl tickets. You want to go. I'll sell them to you for $5000 for the pair. Face value is $2000 for the pair.

Take it or fucking leave it, because I'm perfectly content using the tickets myself.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 12:39 PM

I think we should call every team in the league and see if we can help them get the player they most desire.

All the while making sure to offer a fair and equitable deal.

Words ****ing fail. If I could post a YouTube video right now, I would, because I'm looking sternly at you.

Ming the Merciless
04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I think that the OP's mock is fairly plausible. Yes, it would be better to not have to give anything (3rd) but If that is what it takes to get the deal done, then I say pull the trigger.

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I think we should call every team in the league and see if we can help them get the player they most desire.

All the while making sure to offer a fair and equitable deal.

Words ****ing fail. If I could post a YouTube video right now, I would, because I'm looking sternly at you.

LMAO

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM
I think that the OP's mock is fairly plausible. Yes, it would be better to not have to give anything (3rd) but If that is what it takes to get the deal done, then I say pull the trigger.

Further proof this scenario is about the dumbest fucking thing ever.

Ming the Merciless
04-18-2010, 12:42 PM
People here have no common sense...In life when you want to negotiate, you cant always just say 'take it or leave it' if you really want to do a deal. You have to compromise...2 1st round picks is better than a 1st and a 3rd IMO, even if we drop from 5 to 13. I would jump on this fuckign deal.

milkman
04-18-2010, 12:43 PM
This mock makes me want to both laugh and cry.

Plaease, make it stop.

philfree
**** the chart, Phil.

WE have the pick THEY want.

If they want it that bad, they'll pay a premium.

Example: I have a pair of Super Bowl tickets. You want to go. I'll sell them to you for $5000 for the pair. Face value is $2000 for the pair.

Take it or ****ing leave it, because I'm perfectly content using the tickets myself.

They won't give three 1st rounders. Maybe Ditka would for Ricky Williams but besides that no team is gonna make that deal. Unrealistic.

OnTheWarpath15
They won't give three 1st rounders. Maybe Ditka would for Ricky Williams but besides that no team is gonna make that deal. Unrealistic.

Fine. We keep the pick and take one of the three elite players (Berry) in this draft. (Which we should be doing anyway)

Win-win for us.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Fine.

Then they should go fuck themselves.

milkman
04-18-2010, 12:44 PM
People here have no common sense...In life when you want to negotiate, you cant always just say 'take it or leave it' if you really want to do a deal. You have to compromise...2 1st round picks is better than a 1st and a 3rd IMO, even if we drop from 5 to 13. I would jump on this ****ign deal.

In life, sometimes you have all the leverage, and you can say take it or leave it, and the Chiefs should have all the leverage here.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I'll give you two Chevrolets for that Mercedes. Deal?

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Shit, on this board, expect that deal to be jumped on.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 12:47 PM

I'll only do that if you include the Nissan with the Mercedes. /end stupidity

philfree
04-18-2010, 12:50 PM
In life, sometimes you have all the leverage, and you can say take it or leave it, and the Chiefs should have all the leverage here.

Not really because they want to trade down. You may not want to but they do.

milkman
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Not really because they want to trade down. You may not want to but they do.

They may want to trade down, but if the Niners are looking to trade up to that spot, then the chiefs still have all the leverage.

The Chiefs are the team sitting there with the elite prospect and the QB on the board.

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:57 PM
They may want to trade down, but if the Niners are looking to trade up to that spot, then the chiefs still have all the leverage.

The Chiefs are the team sitting there with the elite prospect and the QB on the board.

Exactly.

I really want to sell those Super Bowl tickets we talked about earlier, but they are too valuable to give away.

I'll get a premium for them, or I'll enjoy the game myself.

You're suggesting I sell them just to get my money back.

the Talking Can
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
i wish we had 2 top picks

that way we could give one team clausen, and give another team berry

and then feel real good about ourselves

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
i wish we had 2 top picks

that way we could give one team clausen, and give another team berry

and then feel real good about ourselves

LMAO

philfree
04-18-2010, 01:04 PM

They could leverage themselves right out of the trade. If they want to trade then that would be a mistake. If they really don't want to or are indifferent then fine leverage away. If it's like last year and Pioli knows who he wants then there's a good chance they'll reach and pick that player if a trade can't be made. We'd be better off making a deal close to value so we get the most out of the #5 pick.

milkman
04-18-2010, 01:10 PM
They could leverage themselves right out of the trade. If they want to trade then that would be a mistake. If they really don't want to or are indifferent then fine leverage away. If it's like last year and Pioli knows who he wants then there's a good chance they'll reach and pick that player if a trade can't be made. We'd be better off making a deal close to value so we get the most out of the #5 pick.

Good god, we've seen mediocrity for years upon years, and as a result, we as fans in general are simply happy with mediocrity.

Good organizations use the leverage they have to get great deals.

If Scott Pioli can't leverage a great deal, then he's every bit as mediocre as Carl.

I'm sick of accepting shit.

tyton75
04-18-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't like the Anthony Davis pick, and don't like giving up the 3rd.. but I wouldn't be suprised to see SOMETHING in this ballpark go down.. maybe a 3rd NEXT year or something

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 01:11 PM

So the defense is that Pioli will do something stupid anyway, so might as well accept the best of two potentially bad situations.

Pioli!

Fuck people, imagine if he weren't the Executive of the Decade...we'd really be in trouble.

tyton75
04-18-2010, 01:12 PM
and fwiw.. I dont' want another LSU wide reciever for a LONG time

philfree
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM
So the defense is that Pioli will do something stupid anyway, so might as well accept the best of two potentially bad situations.

Pioli!

**** people, imagine if he weren't the Executive of the Decade...we'd really be in trouble.

No the defense is that if they want to trade down then they will have to have reasonable expectations of what they get in return. Three 1st rounders is unreasonable.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 01:17 PM
No the defense is that if they want to trade down then they will have to have reasonable expectations of what they get in return. Three 1st rounders is unreasonable.

Your definition of "reasonable" and mine are completely different.

Passing on elite prospects to get guys who are in every draft is not in any way, shape, or form "reasonable." It's a recipe for mediocrity, as cdcox rightfully points out.

-King-
04-18-2010, 01:21 PM
ROFL ROFL This guy had made mock drafts called One Last Mock Draft and Final Mock Draft before making this one. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=382178

philfree
04-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Your definition of "reasonable" and mine are completely different.

Passing on elite prospects to get guys who are in every draft is not in any way, shape, or form "reasonable." It's a recipe for mediocrity, as cdcox rightfully points out.

This draft is really deep and there are going to be players that come out of it who end up being every bit as good as Berry. I like Berry and if we pick him great but I doubt he walks onto the field and looks like Ed Reed behind the Ravens front 7. IMO Berry has become way over valued around here.

kchero
04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
This draft is really deep and there are going to be players that come out of it who end up being every bit as good as Berry. I like Berry and if we pick him great but I doubt he walks onto the field and looks like Ed Reed behind the Ravens front 7. IMO Berry has become way over valued around here.

This.

Everyone was sold on Aaron Curry being Hall of Famer LB in the league. Not saying he isn't talented and will be really good some day, but it isnt like as soon as we draft Berry and he puts his laces on that he is going to look like a Pro Bowler.
The draft is a giant roulette table and you get lucky or you dont in many ways. I feel that the more picks we get the better chance we have at getting some decent NFL talent.
This hypothetical draft put together looks decent minus giving up our 3rd rounder. I can see SF giving up both of their first rounders and us floating them our 1st and a 4th or 5th rounder.

Epic Fail 007
04-18-2010, 01:41 PM
NO NO NO,THEY NEED BERRY PERIOD,WHATS UP WITH THESES STUPID ASSES AT THE STAR

Hammock Parties
04-18-2010, 01:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6k4ah.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 01:44 PM
This.

Everyone was sold on Aaron Curry being Hall of Famer LB in the league. Not saying he isn't talented and will be really good some day, but it isnt like as soon as we draft Berry and he puts his laces on that he is going to look like a Pro Bowler.
The draft is a giant roulette table and you get lucky or you dont in many ways. I feel that the more picks we get the better chance we have at getting some decent NFL talent.
This hypothetical draft put together looks decent minus giving up our 3rd rounder. I can see SF giving up both of their first rounders and us floating them our 1st and a 4th or 5th rounder.

KC: Where we're cool with giving up picks to move down.

Oh, and most of the dumbshits on this board who get attacked for not having NFL jobs wanted no part of Curry. So I'd qualify the "everyone."

The draft is not rocket science, but it sure as hell isn't luck, either.

DTLB58
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM

B.S. We Would be giving them what they obviously think is a Franchise freaking QB and you want US to GIVE THEM our 3rd rounder back?

Is Jimmy Johnson in S.F. doing draft day trades now? He use to bend people over like this Right?

kchero
04-18-2010, 01:55 PM
KC: Where we're cool with giving up picks to move down.

Oh, and most of the dumbshits on this board who get attacked for not having NFL jobs wanted no part of Curry. So I'd qualify the "everyone."

The draft is not rocket science, but it sure as hell isn't luck, either.

I will say that by saying "everyone" I should have stated a good portion of people on this board where on the Curry bandwagon and I do agree with you that is more than luck for sure, but it seems that all organizations make mistakes within the draft and doing all of your homework does indeed help overall, but it doesn't gaurantee you a successfull draft. There is a certain intrinsic factor with certain players that doesn't show up in research, combines, etc. and that is what I should have stated instead of "luck", but I do feel that "luck" in many ways plays a role and with my opinion of this draft I would rather have more picks than a supposed "gauranteed" player.

Just my 2 cents.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Shit, on this board, expect that deal to be jumped on.

Only if one of the cars is being driven by a left tackle.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I will say that by saying "everyone" I should have stated a good portion of people on this board where on the Curry bandwagon and I do agree with you that is more than luck for sure, but it seems that all organizations make mistakes within the draft and doing all of your homework does indeed help overall, but it doesn't gaurantee you a successfull draft. There is a certain intrinsic factor with certain players that doesn't show up in research, combines, etc. and that is what I should have stated instead of "luck", but I do feel that "luck" in many ways plays a role and with my opinion of this draft I would rather have more picks than a supposed "gauranteed" player.

Just my 2 cents.

That's fine and I respect your right to this opinion.

But we're not winning a SB without elite talent, no matter how strongly our risk-averse GM preaches the "right 53."

And the best place to find truly special talent is at the top of the draft.

Rain Man
04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
B.S. We Would be giving them what they obviously think is a Franchise freaking QB and you want US to GIVE THEM our 3rd rounder back?

Is Jimmy Johnson in S.F. doing draft day trades now? He use to bend people over like this Right?

Yeah, this is the sodomy scenario I mentioned in another thread. If someone is trying to trade up to take a franchise quarterback, make them pay with every goat, pig, and virgin in their entire village.

Or hey, maybe you stay put and take the franchise quarterback...

Dylan
04-18-2010, 02:12 PM
15.New York Giants: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

DE won't be the team's priority in the first two rounds.

Giants needs: MLB, OL or DT (second pick), RB, CB, S -- They need a MLB in the first round -- and LBs.

As for the rumor the Giants want Rolando McCain -- no once can convince me they would take a player who says he is an inside LB in the 3/4

thank you for letting me share...

kchero
04-18-2010, 02:13 PM

But we're not winning a SB without elite talent, no matter how strongly our risk-averse GM preaches the "right 53."

I completely know where your coming from. I guess I am just not a 100% sold on Berry. If we ended up drafting him I would be good with it, but I guess personally I just feel since we have so many holes on this team I would just rather collect a few more picks that are just a few slots down...but hey I am just a weekend warrior when it comes to all of this draft intel that flies back and forth so ultimately who knows.

Rain Man
04-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Yep.

I think the proper scenario is to roll the dice for the elite playmakers when you're bad enough to draft high, and get the solid players when you improve. Teams never let go of franchise quarterbacks and franchise pass rushers, and they only let go of franchise receivers when they're head cases.

So you have to get those guys when you're in a top-ten draft position, because you're not getting them anywhere else other than sheer luck.

ForeverChiefs58
04-18-2010, 02:32 PM
a better scenerio would be to convince the Seahawks enough that we are going OL, and get them to do whatever it took to get the better left tackle and trade # 6 and 14 for our 5. We could then get a Berry/ McClain in first and maybe a Golden Tate, Terrence Cody in 2nd. this. to the ship. the whole thing. thank you, i'll be here all night. don't forget to tip your waitress.

Chiefs4ever25
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
a better scenerio would be to convince the Seahawks enough that we are going OL, and get them to do whatever it took to get the better left tackle and trade # 6 and 14 for our 5. We could then get a Berry/ McClain in first and maybe a Golden Tate, Terrence Cody in 2nd. this. to the ship. the whole thing. thank you, i'll be here all night. don't forget to tip your waitress.

terrible

beer bacon
04-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't mind this trade, but I am not too impressed with either of our first round picks in this mock. Thomas sounds like a typical player coming out of Texas to me: tremendous athlete that is still very raw with a lot of bad habits. He doesn't always wrap up and takes bad angles in pursuit. I would much rather have Berry.

Pushead2
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/sword003/yay.jpg

KCDC
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
This.

I'm sold on Berry and Clausen, but I, too, worry about the Curry factor. Curry was can't miss, and was maybe the 3rd best ILB. Dorsey was the #1 defense can't miss the year before. Chris Long was a stud top 5 pick. History shows us that mid-round players often times exceed the play of the "top 5" players that fans and coaches fall in love with. They turn out to be good players usually, but not the HoFers in their dreams.

So, even though it puts me in the minority here, and subject to abuse, I am open to a trade down.

As for value, we need to be realistic. If we had the two SF picks in the first round, would be give up two potential McClain/Graham/Williams/Thomas to move up to take Berry? There is so much Berry love on this board that many of you would say **** yes. I think that would be because we have been so focused on him that we don't give enough credit to the pro-bowl credentials of players in the mid-round.

The only player I'd give up two first rounders for would be a QBOTF (Locker) next year. I wouldn't do it for a super DT like Dorsey/Suh/McCoy. I wouldn't do it for a gifted ILB like Curry/McClain. Nor would I for a gifted Safety -- even Sean Taylor.

I hope, on reflection, you would agree. If so, then place yourselves in our trading partners shoes. Neither would they. So, before we think Pioli should get the moon and the stars for the chance to select Berry, ask yourself whether you'd do it as the other GM.

It may well be that we don't get a fair offer. If we don't, I'm content taking Berry or Clausen. I can get excited about either. If it is an OL, I'll rue that we did not trade down instead and take *anything* for our pick, as there are plenty of OL/RT available in the draft in the late round. I'll assume that, if Pioli makes the trade, it was because he was prepared to reach for someone other than Berry or Clausen, and it is just as well he traded.

kysirsoze
04-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I understand trading down to get picks because he have so many needs, but it is a flawed strategy IMO. If we fill enough needs to be mediocre, we will not have the draft position to get the top prospects. We should take the best talent available now. Then as they develop, we can work to gather picks and bring in a solid supporting class. It's not a win now sort of deal, but I think you need that foundation of truly elite players.

And FTR, even if I wanted to trade down there is no way in fucking hell I would be cool with the OP's deal. My lingering optimism towards Pioli would officially come to an end.

teedubya
04-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Good god, we've seen mediocrity for years upon years, and as a result, we as fans in general are simply happy with mediocrity.

If Scott Pioli can't leverage a great deal, then he's every bit as mediocre as Carl.

Repost.

philfree
04-18-2010, 03:39 PM

Yeah so I demand more in a trade then anyone will ever give. lol

So 250 points beyond what the value chart says isn't even a good deal in a trade down?

HemiEd
04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Only if one of the cars is being driven by a left tackle.
As long as it isn't a Toyota.

notorious
04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Mother Fuck this trade scenario.

milkman
04-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah so I demand more in a trade then anyone will ever give. lol

So 250 points behond what the value chart says isn't even a good deal in a trade down?

We are talking about an elite prospect and a potential QBoTF at the top.

You better be raping the trade partner or not moving.

notorious
04-18-2010, 04:53 PM

You better be raping the trade partner or not moving.

This.

Rape them with a Red Spanish Pineapple.

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 05:07 PM
OTWP58's Super Bowl ticket analogy is perfect. The value of the ticket is what the highest bidder will pay for it. Otherwise, you enjoy the ticket and cross it off your bucketlist. Personally, I don't scalp Super Bowl tickets and say "Gee, I can afford to go to 5 college games with this money." If the 40-giners think Jimmy Clausen is their guy, they'll throw out the chart and pay up.

AustinChief
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I would take it for both firsts and no 3rd to them... BUT I sure as hell wouldn't waste a pick on Davis... damn.

Thomas and Graham would be my picks, Thomas because I don't think he is much of a dropoff from Berry and Graham because he is definitely part of the "right" 53 and can be a HUGE motivator for the whole defense.

Lose out on one playmaker but get two... that is fair IMO... but I understand that some people don't share my opinion that Thomas is almost the same as Berry... if that wasn't the case... you simply don't make the trade... you take Berry or Clausen.

Ming the Merciless
04-18-2010, 09:54 PM

We still aren't taking Clausen so we might as well trade down for the 13 and 17.

Even if we have to give a 3rd or 4th.

All of the trade analogies (superbowl tickets , chevy for mercedes) that have been posted are ****ign worthless.

Superbowl Analogy: Yes we have superbowl tickets but our family is homeless and eating spam and top-ramen every night. You are saying we HOLD OUT for top dollar, way more than anyone would want to pay for the tickets...when our family needs to ****ing eat and pay bills. Stupid.

1 Mercedes for 2 chevies: This isn't true at all. The truth is it would be a CHANCE at a Mercedes for two slightly lower chances at Mercedes. If we don't win a mercedes, it might be a toyota or a chevy. But the thing is, our family has no car right now....So to not increase our odds would be stupid.

Please don't make analogies if you are too ignorant to do them properly.

This has been a public service announcement.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
All of the trade analogies (superbowl tickets , chevy for mercedes) that have been posted are ****ign worthless.

Superbowl Analogy: Yes we have superbowl tickets but our family is homeless and eating spam and top-ramen every night. You are saying we HOLD OUT for top dollar, way more than anyone would want to pay for the tickets...when our family needs to ****ing eat and pay bills. Stupid.

1 Mercedes for 2 chevies: This isn't true at all. The truth is it would be a CHANCE at a Mercedes for two slightly lower chances at Mercedes. If we don't win a mercedes, it might be a toyota or a chevy. But the thing is, our family has no car right now....So to not increase our odds would be stupid.

Because, sometimes, the juxtapositioning is enough.

Mecca
04-18-2010, 09:57 PM
You know what I like?

When you can tell if an idea is fucking stupid or not just based on who supports it.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
You know what I like?

When you can tell if an idea is ****ing stupid or not just based on who supports it.

All fans are created equal.

Ebolapox
04-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I look forward to the day (when I'm on death's door) when we're a super-bowl contender, so we don't have to worry about dumbshit mock drafts like this.

Ming the Merciless
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
You know what I like?

When you can tell if an idea is ****ing stupid or not just based on who supports it.

Basic Logical Flaw....

Google 'Ad Hominem Fallacy'

You just proved that you are an idiot. Congrats.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Does it hurt to mock so fucking stupidly?

BigRedChief
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I posted this rumor last week.

The chiefs think Thomas will be a good enough S and they can get another 1st instead of taking Berry at #5.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:08 PM

The chiefs think Thomas will be a good enough S and they can get another 1st instead of taking Berry at #5.

Great, then we can go 8-8 and be fucked for years as we don't pick high enough to replace that scrub we have under center.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM

:#

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Great, then we can go 8-8 and be fucked for years as we don't pick high enough to replace that scrub we have under center.

Don't worry, we'll just trade for someone's trash again.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Great, then we can go 8-8 and be ****ed for years as we don't pick high enough to replace that scrub we have under center.

I have to agree. But if you aren't going to take Clausen you might as well trade down and get more picks.

L.A. Chieffan
Are the Browns and Bills looking at Clausen as well?

Mecca
I also want to know why this fan base always wants to trade down.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM

Because they foolishly think that quantity > quality.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Because they foolishly think that quantity > quality.

Chiefs fans, 50000 hot wheels>a ferrari.

DeezNutz
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
We're going to have to end up hoping to acquire a QB like PITT, DEN, or BALT, somewhere in the 10-20 range.

Next year, we might have that chance with the potential number of declarations.

BossChief
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
We're going to have to end up hoping to acquire a QB like PITT, DEN, or BALT, somewhere in the 10-20 range.

Next year, we might have that chance with the potential number of declarations.

more likely the year after.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM

Because LJ, Kris Wilson and Junior Siavii were all products of trading down and those guys kick ass!

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
We got Samie Parker in a trade down too, all of these trade downs really kicked ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Chiefs fans, 50000 hot wheels>a ferrari.

LMAO Best....">"....ever.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Because they suck pickle-butt?

DJ's left nut
04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
But you cover 2 huge needs with 2 great players. Plus Pioli would do this

Anthony Davis will bust at this level.

Earl Thomas is no more or less a 'great player' than Michael Huff was.

Pass. A thousand times, Pass.

BigRedChief
04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
:#Just another BS rumor. Didn't make the sniff test and a BRC email so no worries. Probably just another smoke and mirrors BS rumor.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Has Texas had one secondary player transition to the next level very well?

I actually like Anthony Davis but I doubt the Chiefs would take him.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Has Texas had one secondary player transition to the next level very well?

I actually like Anthony Davis but I doubt the Chiefs would take him.

michael griffin

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Griffin is ok...they've had some epically bad ones though.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
michael griffin

nathan vasher was good for a while. aaron ross, quinten jammer as well.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Griffin is ok...they've had some epically bad ones though.

true. I put jammer down, but his career has been disappointing considering where he was drafted.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Ross is probably a meh, same for Jammer, Vasher had that year with all those picks and now he's just awful...and then there's Michael Huff.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
no doubt they put athletes out, but I would put little confidence in any of their defensive backs. could one surprise us like orakpo did for their 'backers? sure. but I wouldn't count on it--I'm no fan of how texas 'coaches up' their athletes (none of them seem to put the work in to be great in the nfl)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Just another BS rumor. Didn't make the sniff test and a BRC email so no worries. Probably just another smoke and mirrors BS rumor.

Good.

BigRedChief
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Good.Just so you are not reassured too much.....I've heard basically the same version with minor tweaks about trading down from 3 totally different sources.

It may be a true rumor they are actually exploring the possibility But, they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't explore that possibility would they?

Whether its a good move or not depends on the deal, right?

Myself, I'd take Berry and go home happy.

DJ's left nut
04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Just so you are not reassured too much.....I've heard basically the same version with minor tweaks about trading down from 3 totally different sources.

It may be a true rumor they are actually exploring the possibility But, they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't explore that possibility would they?

Yeah, but taking Berry wouldn't make you the smartest guy in the room.

It's like making Braden Looper a starter when you already have Brad Thompson. Why use the guy groomed as a starter with an incredible track record in the minor leagues when you can do something that appears far more clever?

Why take the easy pick when you can reach for a 5-technique and/or trade down into irrelevance?

Doing what makes sense to everyone won't make you look brilliant later.

BigRedChief
04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but taking Berry wouldn't make you the smartest guy in the room.

It's like making Braden Looper a starter when you already have Brad Thompson. Why use the guy groomed as a starter with an incredible track record in the minor leagues when you can do something that appears far more clever?

Why take the easy pick when you can reach for a 5-technique and/or trade down into irrelevance?

Doing what makes sense to everyone won't make you look brilliant later.I'm no draftnik. Most of these draft picks never pan out so I quit learning at the draftnik level a long time ago.

The bottom line for me is whether I trust the Coaches and the GM. We will know in 2-3 years if their picks were a success or not but on draft day? It's all opinions.

philfree
04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm no draftnik. Most of these draft picks never pan out so I quit learning at the draftnik level a long time ago.

The bottom line for me is whether I trust the Coaches and the GM. We will know in 2-3 years if their picks were a success or not but on draft day? It's all opinions.

I call bullshitz....we know if a players a bust as soon as he's drafted..../CP

PhilFree?arrow:

Ralphy Boy
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I like the pick of Thomas. After that, not so much.

9.Buffalo Bills: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
14.Seattle Seahawks: C.J Spiller RB Clemson
17.Kansas City Chiefs(From SF): Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
19.Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon LB Mizzou
22.New England Patriots: Sergio Kindle DE/OLB Texas
23.Green Bay Packers: Brandon Graham DE Michigan

First if Dan Williams & Spiller are on the board when Buffalo picks I seriously doubt they take Bulaga.
If we took a bag of shit like Anthony Davis over the 3 linebackers you have going after him, I'll eat my hat.

26.Arizona Cardinals: Nate Allen S South Florida
If Nate Allen goes before Golden Tate, I'd be very surprised. I like Allen a lot, but he is not a 1st rounder.

Chiefs Trade 5th Overall Pick and 3rd Round Pick To SF For Their 2 First Rndrs

2a.Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU
2b.Brandon LaFell WR LSU
4. Arthur Jones DT/DE Syracuse
5a.Myron Lewis CB Vanderbilt
5b.Tony Pike QB Cincinnati
5c.Jordan Shipley WR Texas

If you took one of the LB's I mentioned instead of Davis, I would assume you would have a shot at Golden Tate.

Arthur Jones does not fit this defense. Tony Pike is a system QB and I don't think he'll be a good QB.

A few options at each pick, based on the trade you just suggested...
13 Thomas, Dan Williams, McClain
17 Graham, Kindle, Weatherspoon, Griffen
2a Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Hughes
2b Cam Thomas, may have to take him at 36. Nate Allen, Ghee, Burnett
4 Clay Harbor, Kam Chancellor, Spikes, Reshad Jones, Lang, Gilyard
5a, b & c = RT, C, BAA Olsen, Briscoe, Washington, Chaney, Angerer. I'd even take a flier on Danario Alexander with our last pick.

Regardless of what the "true fans" think, we aren't pressed into taking offensive line help and Pioli doesn't value them high enough to take them too early. If one falls to us then sure, but he won't reach on the offensive line. He'll reach all day on defensive line before he'll do that.

Ralphy Boy
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Seriously, you wonder this? With our draft history you wonder why we want to trade down. Seriously?

After last year I'd think everyone would want us to trade down.

TEX
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Seriously, you wonder this? With our draft history you wonder why we want to trade down. Seriously?

I'm all for it.

DeezNutz
04-19-2010, 07:10 PM

If you're going to cite our draft history, the last thing you'd want would be more second-round picks.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Not what I heard.

DeezNutz
04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Not what I heard.

Share?

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Just so you are not reassured too much.....I've heard basically the same version with minor tweaks about trading down from 3 totally different sources.

I've heard they talked to teams. They talk to teams every year. There's nothing that really materialized from any talks. Teams are very very reluctant to part with #2's to move up and really no one wants to get into the top 5.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Share?

I heard it's basically a struggle between 2 draftees: Russell Okung and Eric Berry. There is a contingency in the Chiefs war room who feel Okung is a true elite guy. There is also a large contingency that is in love with Eric Berry. Now take this with a massive grain of salt. My source told me that he hears daily stuff and it could change in the blink of an eye.

The Chiefs love Berry for a lot of reasons. They've had him on their radar all year. Romeo spent a lot of time watching Tennessee this year because of his love for Monte Kiffin (I never knew they had any sort of relationship).

From Flowers working with Berry, to talking with him 3 times at the combine, to Romeo running his pro day, to him being the first visit on his tour, the Chiefs have shown an exceptional amount of interest in him. I don't know why all these facets are overlooked by draftniks, but rather Dimitroff candidly discussing a conversation, which was another smokescreen, gets all the press.

Todd McShay, who has connections, says he hears the Chiefs are well above 50/50 on taking Berry. Mike Lombardi keeps mocking Berry to the Chiefs. Say what you want about both guys, but they have connections to the Chiefs.

I trust my guy that it's between those 2. Now I'm just praying Washington trades Haynesworth to Detroit so that opens up Okung #2 and lets Berry fall into our laps.

Now, please know that this all isn't gospel, but my source has been pretty dead on for a long time. I have no reason to doubt him now.

DeezNutz
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I heard it's basically a struggle between 2 draftees: Russell Okung and Eric Berry. There is a contingency in the Chiefs war room who feel Okung is a true elite guy. There is also a large contingency that is in love with Eric Berry. Now take this with a massive grain of salt. My source told me that he hears daily stuff and it could change in the blink of an eye.

The Chiefs love Berry for a lot of reasons. They've had him on their radar all year. Romeo spent a lot of time watching Tennessee this year because of his love for Monte Kiffin (I never knew they had any sort of relationship).

From Flowers working with Berry, to talking with him 3 times at the combine, to Romeo running his pro day, to him being the first visit on his tour, the Chiefs have shown an exceptional amount of interest in him. I don't know why all these facets are overlooked by draftniks, but rather Dimitroff candidly discussing a conversation, which was another smokescreen, gets all the press.

Todd McShay, who has connections, says he hears the Chiefs are well above 50/50 on taking Berry. Mike Lombardi keeps mocking Berry to the Chiefs. Say what you want about both guys, but they have connections to the Chiefs.

I trust my guy that it's between those 2. Now I'm just praying Washington trades Haynesworth to Detroit so that opens up Okung #2 and lets Berry fall into our laps.

Now, please know that this all isn't gospel, but my source has been pretty dead on for a long time. I have no reason to doubt him now.

Great info. Thanks.

But let's say Suh ends up going to Detroit. I still think Okung is off the board at #4.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
jesus, okung? FUCK.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Okung isn't making it to the pick anyway, Washington would take him at 4.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Great info. Thanks.

But let's say Suh ends up going to Detroit. I still think Okung is off the board at #4.

That could happen, but the Redskins really love Trent Williams.

The Chiefs never met at all with Trent Williams either, but he's constantly mocked to the Chiefs.

AustinChief
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
no doubt they put athletes out, but I would put little confidence in any of their defensive backs. could one surprise us like orakpo did for their 'backers? sure. but I wouldn't count on it--I'm no fan of how texas 'coaches up' their athletes (none of them seem to put the work in to be great in the nfl)
Yeah, Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles sure are lazy... same with Tony Brackens, Dan Neil, Casey Hampton, Shaun Rogers... the same bullshit line can be said about ANY major program... U-M, USC, etc... it's a result of the media hype that surrounds a big program.

Ebolapox
I'll have a lewis blackesque blowup if we pick fucking ok000ng.

DeezNutz
Prior to your previous post about your source, TBG, I've said that I could see Pioli selecting Williams because of his versatility.

Fits the "anti-risk" bullshit.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles sure are lazy... same with Tony Brackens, Dan Neil, Casey Hampton, Shaun Rogers... the same bullshit line can be said about ANY major program... U-M, USC, etc... it's a result of the media hype that surrounds a big program.

their defensive prospects tend to be underwhelming.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Holmes shouldn't count he was before the Mack Brown regime.

But since Brown has taken that job, Texas has a really large list of busts/underperforming players that were drafted very highly.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Really including Shaun Rogers here?

Why not include Derrick Johnson as well?

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 07:28 PM
their defensive prospects tend to be underwhelming.

not to mention wide receivers, quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
How about all their complete bum top 10 picks...

Quinten Jammer..Mike Williams, Mike Huff, Leonard Davis, for where all of those guys were picked even Jammer and Davis who were both top 5, they sucked.

We can even tack on Vince Young and Roy Williams.

Ralphy Boy
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Okung isn't making it to the pick anyway, Washington would take him at 4.

It became popular for about a week to put Trent Williams to DC, but it has gone back to Okung. Williams has a great amount of potential, but Okung has proven his position for a longer period of time than Williams. I can't recall his name, total blank, but the LT Oklahoma had starting in 2008, while Williams was at RT.

Okung's got the work habits, long arms and experience to lock him into the first spot for OT's.

AustinChief
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Holmes shouldn't count he was before the Mack Brown regime.

But since Brown has taken that job, Texas has a really large list of busts/underperforming players that were drafted very highly.

you want to rehash this? I already showed you the busts USC had over the same period, same for my school U-M... do I really need to cover this ground again? yes, UT has a slightly higher BUST rate... but it's statistically insignificant.

DeezNutz
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
It became popular for about a week to put Trent Williams to DC, but it has gone back to Okung. Williams has a great amount of potential, but Okung has proven his position for a longer period of time than Williams. I can't recall his name, total blank, but the LT Oklahoma had starting in 2008, while Williams was at RT.

Okung's got the work habits, long arms and experience to lock him into the first spot for OT's.

Loadholt.

AustinChief
04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Really including Shaun Rogers here?

Why not include Derrick Johnson as well?
Good player, bad bad bad team.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
How many hits has Texas had, aren't they seriously like 0-7 in top 10 picks?

AustinChief
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM

Quinten Jammer..Mike Williams, Mike Huff, Leonard Davis, for where all of those guys were picked even Jammer and Davis who were both top 5, they sucked.

Do you not remember this debate a year ago?

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm sure this debate has been hashed out numerous times, but I don't know if I can ever be completely comfortable with a Texas player with a list like that.

AustinChief
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm sure this debate has been hashed out numerous times, but I don't know if I can ever be completely comfortable with a Texas player with a list like that.
I feel the same way about USC... now U-M, that's a can't miss program! :D

Ralphy Boy
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM

I wonder if that is what happens when you grow up in a state where you HAVE to play football. Maybe you end up with a bunch of kids who play because they were supposed to and once they get some money, they realize they don't love it.

Huff's hometown Irving TX
Jammer Angleton TX
Davis Wortham TX
DJ Waco TX - no wonder he's mentally unstable
Roy Williams Odessa TX
Vince Young Houston TX
Cedric Benson Midland TX

Obviously there are the exceptions, but it does make you wonder.

BigRedChief
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I've heard they talked to teams. They talk to teams every year. There's nothing that really materialized from any talks. Teams are very very reluctant to part with #2's to move up and really no one wants to get into the top 5.Yeah, it may be one of those rumors that are true but its true every year. Much like every year ALL teams look to trade down and want a blow the doors off deal or they stay put. Doesn't hurt to explore the possibilites.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
ATLANTA FALCONS

* Justin Blalock, OL (2003-06)

ARIZONA CARDINALS

* Lyle Sendlein, C (2003-06)

BALTIMORE RAVENS

* Cory Redding, DE (1999-2002)

BUFFALO BILLS

* Jonathan Scott, OT (2002-05)

CHICAGO BEARS

* Henry Melton, DE (2005-08)
* Nathan Vasher, CB (2000-03)

CINCINNATI BENGALS

* Cedric Benson, RB (2001-04)
* Quan Cosby, WR (2005-08)

CLEVELAND BROWNS

* Phil Dawson, K (1994-97)
* Shaun Rogers, DT (1997-2000)

DALLAS COWBOYS

* Leonard Davis, OT (1997-2000)
* Roy Williams, WR (2000-03)

DENVER BRONCOS

* Chris Simms, QB (1999-2002)

GREEN BAY PACKERS

* Jermichael Finley, TE (2006-07)

HOUSTON TEXANS

* Frank Okam, DT (2004-07)
* Kasey Studdard, OG (2003-06)

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

* Jamaal Charles, RB (2005-07)
* Derrick Johnson, LB (2001-04)
* Derek Lokey, DT (2004-07)

MIAMI DOLPHINS

* Ricky Williams, RB (1995-98)

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

* Cedric Griffin, CB (2002-05)
* Cullen Loeffler, DS (2000-03)
* Brian Robison, DE (2003-06)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

* David Thomas, TE (2002-05)

NEW YORK GIANTS

* Aaron Ross, CB (2003-06)

NEW YORK JETS

* Rodrique Wright, DT (2002-05)

OAKLAND RAIDERS

* Michael Huff, S (2002-05)

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

* Casey Hampton, NT (1996, 1998-2000)
* Tony Hills, OT (2004-07)
* Limas Sweed, WR (2004-07)

ST. LOUIS RAMS

* Chris Ogbonnaya, RB (2005-08)

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

* Quentin Jammer, CB (1997-98, 2000-01)

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

* Tarell Brown, CB (2003-06)

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

* Jerry Gray (1981-84)
* D.D. Lewis, LB (1998-2001)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

* Tim Crowder, DE (2003-06)
* Roy Miller, DT (2005-08)

TENNESSEE TITANS

* Michael Griffin, S (2003-06)
* Ahmard Hall, FB (2004-05)
* Alan Lowry (1970-72)
* Bo Scaife, TE (1999, 2001, 2003-04)
* Vince Young, QB(2003-05)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

* Derrick Dockery, OG (1999-2002)
* Brian Orakpo, DE (2005-08)
* Kyle Shanahan (2001-02)
* Mike Williams, OT (1998-01)

That's not really an inspiring list of Texas players in the NFL.

Epic Fail 007
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
nope not good enough,take berry/i`ll bet my house hes a sure can`t miss/MARK IT

lostcause
04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Because teams that have done so successfully usually create neccessary foundations for good, young teams.... If you just go back the last decade, the teams that trade up in the top 10 to take a coveted player often have their franchise set back, while the other team prospers.

Ricky Williams vs. Champ Bailey
Michael Vick vs. Ladanian Tomlinson

are just the ones that are what I remember. The draft seems to reward teams that either get extra mid-round value for their top picks or stay put, be patient and let players fall to them. How many #1 overall picks in the NFL right now are doing what we'd call an all-pro job?

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Good player, bad bad bad team.

Lazy as fuck player. Questionable character as well.

The Browns defense got better when he got hurt.

milkman
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
We still aren't taking Clausen so we might as well trade down for the 13 and 17.

Even if we have to give a 3rd or 4th.

First, I didn't do any of the analogies, so why the hell are you talking to me about it?

Second, I didn't say we would be taking Clausen.
I'm on reecord with my belief that we won't.

What I'm saying is that those guys are who teams will be trading up for.

We can either take the elite prosppect, or trade out of the spot so that the team trading up can take him or Clausen.

But since we're sitting there with those guys on the board, we hold all the cards.

Ming the Merciless
04-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry, I shouldve quoted the people who posted the lame analogies to make that clear that it wasn't you..

I agree we are holding MOST of the cards, but not all of them....as a trade requires a partner. I am pretty skeptical that we will be able to pull it off, but trading down a few spots could be beautiful.

ANd I do agree with the jist of what you are saying....If they don't wanna give us a fair price for the #5 overall, they can fuck off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM

You reassure me RIGHT NOW you sonofabitch!!!!:cuss::D

Seriously, tomorrow can't start and end soon enough.