PDA

View Full Version : Effort #2 from Gosselin

Coogs
04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/041810dnspogoosemock.33ea398.html

Rick Gosselin's Second Mock Draft: Dez Bryant to Cowboys

12:30 AM CDT on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Column by RICK GOSSELIN / The Dallas Morning News | rgosselin@dallasnews.com

Rick Gosselin
Archive | Blog | Bio | E-mail
The St. Louis Rams cannot pass up a franchise quarterback for the third consecutive year – not after having released incumbent starter Marc Bulger this off-season.

So pencil in Oklahoma's Sam Bradford to the Rams at the first overall pick of the 2010 draft. Next up is finding a home for Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, the only other quarterback on this draft board with franchise traits.

A couple of other teams in the top 10 could use a quarterback, most notably Cleveland and Buffalo. But don't rule out Kansas City and Washington.

Clausen's college coach, Charlie Weis, is now the offensive coordinator of the Chiefs, and the Redskins need to start grooming a successor for Donovan McNabb, who turns 34 this season. Washington may not be in this position to draft a talented young quarterback such as Clausen again any time soon.

Washington selects fourth, Kansas City fifth, Cleveland seventh and Buffalo ninth.

If Clausen is not drafted in the top 10, he could fall victim to an Aaron Rodgers-type slide. There isn't a team in the teens in this draft in the market for a quarterback, so Clausen could wind up available into the 20s.

Rodgers projected as a top 10 pick in 2005 but slid to 24, where the Packers stole a Pro Bowl quarterback. Clausen could be a similar bargain if he slips out of the top 10.

Give Clausen to the Redskins in the second mock draft offering from The Dallas Morning News. The first one last Sunday was based on best available player. This one places a greater emphasis on team need.

1. ST. LOUIS RAMS
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Bradford's accuracy will remind the Rams of Kurt Warner

2. DETROIT LIONS
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

The Lions still looking for the next Alex Karras

3. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

The Buccaneers still looking for the next Warren Sapp

4. WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Donovan McNabb is Mike Shanahan's short-term solution

5. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

The Chiefs allowed way too many sacks (45) in 2009

6. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Too many hits, too many injuries for QB Matt Hasselbeck

7. CLEVELAND BROWNS
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

Browns take the best player available – and he's a good one

8. OAKLAND RAIDERS
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Al Davis prefers speed and skill with his premium picks

9. BUFFALO BILLS
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

The Bills need an anchor in their new 3-4 scheme

10. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

The NFL's worst pass rush needs help

11. DENVER BRONCOS
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

The Broncos have bodies at end; they need impact

12. MIAMI DOLPHINS
Ryan Mathews, HB, Fresno State

Ricky Williams is 32 and Ronnie Brown 29 this season

13. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

The 49ers need a tackle to bookend Joe Staley

14. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson

The Seahawks still looking to replace Shaun Alexander

15. NEW YORK GIANTS
Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama

The release of Antonio Pierce leaves a hole at MLB

16. TENNESSEE TITANS
Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

The Titans need to dial up the heat on Peyton Manning

17. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Joe Haden, CB, Florida

The 49ers finished 21st in the NFL in pass defense

18. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

Could be the next Aaron Smith for the Steelers

19. ATLANTA FALCONS
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Gives the Falcons flexibility at guard and tackle

20. HOUSTON TEXANS
Earl Thomas, S, Texas

The Texans in dire need of a playmaker at the back end

21. CINCINNATI BENGALS
Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

Gives the Bengals flexibility at center and guard

22. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Starting TE Benjamin Watson bolted in free agency

23. GREEN BAY PACKERS
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

A stereo pass rush with Clay Matthews

24. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

Eagles moved Darren Howard and Chris Clemons off the roster

25. BALTIMORE RAVENS
Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona

Pro Bowler Todd Heap starting to get up in years

26. ARIZONA CARDINALS
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

QB Matt Leinart needs the weapons to succeed

27. DALLAS COWBOYS
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Best WR in draft slides to a team that needs WR help

28. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

A hole at CB with the trade of Antonio Cromartie to Jets

29. NEW YORK JETS
Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama

The most physical cornerback in the draft

30. MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana

Brett Favre took a beating in NFC title game

31. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

The Colts are trying to get bigger up front

32. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Brian Price, DT, UCLA

NFL's 21st-ranked run defense needs help

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Sweet. Really looking forward to Thursday.

(please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong)

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 05:19 PM
This one really means nothing. It's just his needs draft as he sees them.

Saccopoo
04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
JPP to Denver in the first round?

Awesome.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
i would be stunned if Washington takes Clausen ... stunned.

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
i would be stunned if Washington takes Clausen ... stunned.

More stunned than if we took him?

Nightfyre
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Why does he think we gave up so many sacks? Cassel got sacked just as much in New England behind an all-pro line. I hate how Gosselin is so misinformed when it comes to evaluating the NFL but gets it right in his last mock due to his connections.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 05:31 PM
More stunned than if we took him?
absolutely

McNabb has 1-year left on his contract ... by drafting Clausen you basically declared that you traded 2 draft picks for one season of McNabb.

Shannahan isn't going to do that.

If you draft Clausen at #5 then McNabb isn't going to sign a long term deal either knowing that you already have committed to his replacement.

not to mention that you aren't upgrading the Oline to protect McNabb. So you are trading 2 draft picks for one season of McNabb where he is going to spend all year running for his life.

makes no sense whatsoever

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:32 PM
No way should Washington draft a QB.

They just acquired a proven veteran. Protect him. Build the lines. You win in the trenches and defense wins championships.

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 05:33 PM

They just acquired a proven veteran. Protect him. Build the lines. You win in the trenches and defense wins championships.

ROFL

I looked up sarcasm on Wikipedia and DeezNuts came up.

AustinChief
04-18-2010, 05:35 PM
crap ... ok last year he went 1st(his board) Curry, 2nd(need)J Smith 3rd(what he thinks will happen)T Jackson

This year so far...1st Berry (this year's Curry?) 2nd Okung (definitely this year's Smith) 3rd ???

If history is going to repeat itself... I definitely want a trade down instead of picking up Dan Williams or Brandon Graham here (love love love Graham but not at #5)

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2010, 05:36 PM

Like I said earlier, you are having a career day.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:37 PM

LMAO.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 05:40 PM
you you actually think that Washington should trade for McNabb and then draft Clausen and say screw the Oline.

next year McNabb leaves and you have just flushed the draft picks

Hell ... if Washington was interested in Clausen they should of just stayed with the black QB they already had for another year and saved the draft picks.

but hey ... don't let logic get in the way or anything.

Reaper16
04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
*watches episodes of Arrested Development in order to stave off a crippling bout of depression*

Reaper16
04-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Hell ... if Washington was interested in Clausen they should of just stayed with the black QB they already had for another year and saved the draft picks.

:spock:

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 05:43 PM
:spock:
afro-quarterbackian?

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 05:44 PM
That mock sucks. If I were the Chargers, I'd be more worried about the departures of Jamal Williams & LT than Cromartie.

Jets taking Jackson after they just added Cromartie?

Demaryius Thomas going at 26 to the Cardinals who need O-line help out the ass. Has he even been able to run yet? I like the kid, but he's a 2nd rounder unless he runs a 4.3 on stage at Radio City Music Hall. He, Hughes, Gronkowski & Jackson won't go in the first IMO.

Odrick to the Steelers, who just took Ziggy Hood in the first last year?

Reaper16
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
afro-quarterbackian?
I don't know why it even pops up in your head to point out that both QB's are black. It adds nothing to the point and makes people think about why you made the point explicit.

milkman
04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
That mock sucks. If I were the Chargers, I'd be more worried about the departures of Jamal Williams & LT than Cromartie.

Jets taking Jackson after they just added Cromartie?

Demaryius Thomas going at 26 to the Cardinals who need O-line help out the ass. Has he even been able to run yet? I like the kid, but he's a 2nd rounder unless he runs a 4.3 on stage at Radio City Music Hall. He, Hughes, Gronkowski & Jackson won't go in the first IMO.

Odrick to the Steelers, who just took Ziggy Hood in the first last year?

It always facinates me when people qoute the entire OP to talk about it.

Why not simply make your points?

When you say "This draft sucks", I'm not going to go looking for another mock draft to find out what you're talking about.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
you you actually think that Washington should trade for McNabb and then draft Clausen and say screw the Oline.

next year McNabb leaves and you have just flushed the draft picks

but hey ... don't let logic get in the way or anything.

If Washington believes that Clausen is a franchise QB, they would be stupid as hell not to draft him.

McNabb has another 2-3 years, tops, and Snyder could give two shits about the amount of money that he has invested.

Try the best to win now with DM, then transition to Clausen, who has had sufficient time to develop, without missing a beat.

Very logical. Just because it's an anti-KC move doesn't mean it's incorrect.

Quite the contrary.

DeezNutz

When you say "This draft sucks", I'm not going to go looking for another mock draft to find out what you're talking about.

This post sucks.

BossChief

I dont think I would draft Clausen to sit him for 2-3 years. Not sure how his specific makeup would handle that situation.

I would want him on the field as my week 1 starter in his second year, at latest.

Optimal situation for Clausen is for him to take over around week 9-10 his first year IMO. Thats not really something that would be possible in Washington, far from it.

If I am Washington this year, I would take offers to trade down and take a tackle.

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
We're going to need to give the censor machine on this website a major overhaul after the week we're about to endure. May God bless the admins and their families.

Well, until Journey Scarab releases his "Grand finale for Real Last Time Ever Mock Draft" tomorrow, followed by his "OMG You Guys Thought I didn't Have Any More Douchebaggery left in me but here's the money-shot" Mock Draft...culminating in the "Ultimately Epic Climactic Mock Draft to End All Mock Drafts" where we unload that burdensome #5 pick to the Dolphins to get back into the 6th AND 7th rounds.

:facepalm:

milkman
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
This post sucks.

I'm not surprised you say that, True Poster.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
If the Lions go Suh, I have a sinking feeling that Okung is our pick.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm not surprised you say that, True Poster.

LMAO.

This has lexicon legs.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I dont think I would draft Clausen to sit him for 2-3 years. Not sure how his specific makeup would handle that situation.

I would want him on the field as my week 1 starter in his second year, at latest.

Optimal situation for Clausen is for him to take over around week 9-10 his first year IMO. Thats not really something that would be possible in Washington, far from it.

If I am Washington this year, I would take offers to trade down and take a tackle.

If Clausen isn't able to handle being the clear heir apparent for approximately 2 seasons, I want him nowhere near my franchise.

milkman
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
If Clausen isn't able to handle being the clear heir apparent for approximately 2 seasons, I want him nowhere near my franchise.

Boss Chief raises the legitimate red flag.

When I talk about Clausen to the Chiefs, one of the concerns I talk about that I have is how he's going to handle not being the clear starter day one.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM

Thats funny. I just re-read my post and realized I'd quoted the whole thing. I deleted the quoted portion and then read the other replies. I don't like it when other people do it. I intended to quote only a few lines out of it when I started but forgot to go back and delete the rest.

My apologies.

Miles
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
*watches episodes of Arrested Development in order to stave off a crippling bout of depression*

"I've made a huge mistake" is what I am concerned about this draft.

milkman
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Thats funny. I just re-read my post and realized I'd quoted the whole thing. I deleted the quoted portion and then read the other replies. I don't like it when other people do it. I intended to quote only a few lines out of it when I started but forgot to go back and delete the rest.

My apologies.

No biggie.

I was just curious, and always found somewhat amusing.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I just want this to be over already. I've had more anxiety about this draft than any other.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM

When I talk about Clausen to the Chiefs, one of the concerns I talk about that I have is how he's going to handle not being the clear starter day one.

Well, if that's true, I would consider all the "he's a douche" talk to be accurate, too.

milkman
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I just want this to be over already. I've had more anxiety about this draft than any other.

I would guess that's the result of last year's draft.

Ralphy Boy
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
No biggie.

I was just curious, and always found somewhat amusing.

Its a pet peeve of mine. If you ever read the stuff I quote, I typically always try to just quote the part of a long post that I want to talk about.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I would guess that's the result of last year's draft.

I'm sure it has something to do with it.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
If Washington believes that Clausen is a franchise QB, they would be stupid as hell not to draft him.

McNabb has another 2-3 years, tops, and Snyder could give two shits about the amount of money that he has invested.

Try the best to win now with DM, then transition to Clausen, who has had sufficient time to develop, without missing a beat.

Very logical. Just because it's an anti-KC move doesn't mean it's incorrect.

Quite the contrary.
they should have a better plan in place than to trade for a QB and draft a QB in the same year.

kinda like how the stupid ass chiefs gave Priest Holmes a new contract and then drafted LJ in the 1st round.

freakin retarded

If Washington likes Clausen then they just keep Campbell as the transitional QB for a year, then go Clausen.

Trading for McNabb and then drafting Clausen in retarded.

milkman
04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
they should have a better plan in place than to trade for a QB and draft a QB in the same year.

kinda like how the stupid ass chiefs gave Priest Holmes a new contract and then drafted LJ in the 1st round.

freakin retarded

If Washington likes Clausen then they just keep Campbell as the transitional QB for a year, then go Clausen.

Trading for McNabb and then drafting Clausen in retarded.

Mark this day on the calendar.

I agree with Laz.

BossChief
04-18-2010, 07:23 PM

Well, if that's true, I would consider all the "he's a douche" talk to be accurate, too.

The kid has never sat on the bench and I would question how he would deal with doing so for what is likely to be three years.

Im not saying I know how he would deal with that, but I think I could help the team (that seems to be in a win now mode by the way they have made their moves) more long term by selecting a left tackle to protect my veteran investment or to not have signed Willie Parker and LJ and just took Spiller at 4 IMHO (Spiller being Shannahans back would have been SICK).

I think you are underestimating how long McNabb plays (unless he wins a championship with Washington soon)...I wouldn't be surprised to see him play till he is in his late 30s.

DeezNutz
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
The kid has never sat on the bench and I would question how he would deal with doing so for what is likely to be three years.

Im not saying I know how he would deal with that, but I think I could help the team (that seems to be in a win now mode by the way they have made their moves) more long term by selecting a left tackle to protect my veteran investment or to not have signed Willie Parker and LJ and just took Spiller at 4 IMHO (Spiller being Shannahans back would have been SICK).

I think you are underestimating how long McNabb plays (unless he wins a championship with Washington soon)...I wouldn't be surprised to see him play till he is in his late 30s.

I'm just skeptical about when the cliff is going to appear for McNabb.

That said, I fully expect Okung to be the pick, though the suggestion of Spiller would be ricockulous.

Ebolapox
04-18-2010, 09:39 PM
*sigh*

Mecca
04-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Gosselin should really just put out his mock from his contacts, his personal views are always baffling.

Ming the Merciless
04-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Ending up with Okung wouldn't be a bad thing. With all the hype about Clausen here on CP I am kind of wanting us to get him now though...

B_Ambuehl
04-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Does he not even realize Denver runs a 3-4 defense? Pierre-Paul is definitely not a 3-4 DE.

Sully
04-19-2010, 07:30 AM
LMAO.

This has lexicon legs.

What about posterbator?

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM

i think sitting for a year is exactly what Clausen needs.

he need to just sit and watch how the team works and how players interact. He's been the spoiled golden boy for his entire football lifetime. Not playing for a year will help him mature and make him hungry to play and prove himself.

imo having Clausen sit for a year is perfect.

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM

he need to just sit and watch how the team works and how players interact. He's been the spoiled golden boy for his entire football lifetime. Not playing for a year will help him mature and make him hungry to play and prove himself.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
what the fuck you gonna start crying about now?

because i dared say that a rookie QB could benefit of sitting for a year? Really?

philfree
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM

You do realize that Clausen knows this offense better then Cassel don't you? Clausen would beat Cassel out given the chance IMO.

PhilFree:arrow:

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
what the fuck you gonna start crying about now?

because i dared say that a rookie QB could benefit of sitting for a year? Really?

No...maybe the fact that that you made this comment:

notorious
04-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Clausen should sit for a year for two reasons:

1. I still believe you give a rookie QB time to develop.

2. We will get to watch Cassel one more year, which will reaffirm WHY we chose Clausen in the first place.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
You do realize that Clausen knows this offense better then Cassel don't you? Clausen would beat Cassel out given the chance IMO.

you do realize there is more to playing QB in the NFL than knowing the offense. imo

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM
If we draft Clausen....he SHOULD NOT start next year.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
No...maybe the fact that that you made this comment:
and what about those comments is incorrect?

1. Clausen has been the golden boy,superstar his whole career.

2. Most if not all rookie QB's can benefit from just watching how the NFL works for a year. IMO especially a guy like Clausen who has never had to just watch.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
If we draft Clausen....he SHOULD NOT start next year.so then you agree with me ... you just don't like the tone

The Franchise
04-19-2010, 11:07 AM
so then you agree with me ... you just don't like the tone

Yeah....that's it. :shake:

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah....that's it. :shake:
it is ... you're in defensive mode

you are all up-in-arms about people saying that Clausen might have maturity/leadership problems so anyone that even hints at something like that triggers your defense mechanism.

Even if you agree with their main premise you get defensive about the tone.

philfree
04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
you do realize there is more to playing QB in the NFL than knowing the offense. imo

Well of course there is. The moneys the same so if Clausen beats out Cassel he gets the start. Play the best guy.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Well of course there is. The moneys the same so if Clausen beats out Cassel he gets the start. Play the best guy.

ok ... if Clausen dominates then he gets the nod.

but i prefer that any rookie QB gets time to settle in before you throw him on the field. Even if it's just a half a season. It's much more important that any QBotF gets a solid footing on the NFL game than it is whether we win a few games.

KCDC
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Add me to the chorus about the Skins not taking Clausen. Doesn't make sense. I live in DC for much of the year, and have for 30 years. They are excited about McNabb and they know they need an O-line upgrade. They have no one at LT. Shanahan has a history of selecting LTs in the first round. His success has been tied to having a strong O-line in Denver. I think it's a no brainer.

Now, having said that, maybe they make a better offer than Pioli to move down with Buffalo or Cleveland and they move up to take Clausen at #4 (if they are worried that we or Seattle might take him). I think that unlikely.

Reaper16
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey, Laz, what makes you think that Clausen isn't hungry to play?

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey, Laz, what makes you think that Clausen isn't hungry to play?oh, i think he does want to play but there is a different level when you don't play for awhile and then can't take it for granted.

i just think a 1-year watch time would do him alot of good.

i don't understand why people are getting so bent because i think a rookie QB would benefit from a year of watching and learning.

milkman
04-19-2010, 09:48 PM
oh, i think he does want to play but there is a different level when you don't play for awhile and then can't take it for granted.

i don't understand why people are getting so bent because i think a rookie QB would benefit from a year of watching and learning.

I've always believed that a QB should sit a learn for at least a season.

But since you suggested, I've reconsidered my opinion.

And yes, I'm joking. We don't always have to be hostile.

Reaper16
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
oh, i think he does want to play but there is a different level when you don't play for awhile and then can't take it for granted.

I think it'd be good for a QB to sit a year, too. But the reasons that you have given in this thread for wanting Clausen to sit for a year are reasons that I strongly disagree with.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 09:06 AM
I think it'd be good for a QB to sit a year, too. But the reasons that you have given in this thread for wanting Clausen to sit for a year are reasons that I strongly disagree with.
i don't know why ... it's similar for lots of rookie QB's

the Quarterback positive is VERY much a mental position. You always hear about the game "slowing down" for players. I really don't want my prized QBotF learning the pro game,learning to be a pro,learning the offense,learning to be a good pro team mate, learning all the pro travel stuff, learning all the pro game film stuff and basically growing up post college at the same time he is trying to play.

let him learn everything from the bench so that when he finally gets his chance the only thing he has to worry about is playing the game.

and yes ... this learning time is doubly important imo IF the player has some maturity issues.

Amnorix
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I think this is the second mock I've seen with the Jets taking a CB in the first round. With Revis and Cromartie, I just have trouble seeing it, unless their depth behind those two really suck.

Reaper16
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
i don't know why ... it's similar for lots of rookie QB's

the Quarterback positive is VERY much a mental position. You always hear about the game "slowing down" for players. I really don't want my prized QBotF learning the pro game,learning to be a pro,learning the offense,learning to be a good pro team mate, learning all the pro travel stuff, learning all the pro game film stuff and basically growing up post college at the same time he is trying to play.

let him learn everything from the bench so that when he finally gets his chance the only thing he has to worry about is playing the game.

and yes ... this learning time is doubly important imo IF the player has some maturity issues.
My disagreement with you is because of the following reason that you provided: i think sitting for a year is exactly what Clausen needs.

I don't see any basis for that comment. If I thought that Clausen wasn't hungry to play or didn't have a passion for the game then I probably would expect him to bust.

-King-
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Id say don't start him at the beginning of the season but after week 8 or 9, depending on how cassel's playing, you may want to think about starting clausen. If Cassel is playing average - good, then keep him in and let him finish the season to raise his trade stock. But if he's playing below average - terrible, then make the switch. Kind of like how denver switched from plummer to cutler.
Posted via Mobile Device