04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Just heard on the Border Patrol that he thinks the pick might be McClain

flame away

Chiefspants
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Babb- "In other words, I have no ****ing idea."

notorious
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Nah, it's not fucking worth acknowledging something so fucking stupid.

Wait....

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Babb- "In other words, I have no ****ing idea."

who actually knows other than the Chiefs Mgmt?

No one on this board fucking knows either...

Its anyone's guess at this point....

Bane
04-20-2010, 08:17 AM
You mean were not taking Brandon Spikes @5 now? WTF!!!!!

Sofa King
04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
You mean were not taking Brandon Spikes @5 now? WTF!!!!!

to the ship!!11!

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
:clap:You mean were not taking Brandon Spikes @5 now? WTF!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
McShay on the other hand believes it could be QB or Safety

oldandslow
04-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Would rather have McClain than any OT in the mix...

still, that is damning with faint praise.

notorious
04-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Would rather have McClain than any OT in the mix...

still, that is damning with faint praise.

Nice.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:25 AM
And he was saying last week it was Bulaga.

If it is McClain, I look forward to again having a soft middle of the field because he can't drop very well and there is no safety help.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I can't wait until Thursday night when all this speculative BS is over.

notorious
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM

Prepare for the all-out tearing down of whoever we pick.

Berry might be the only one that is immune.

Bane
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM

I was gonna say if it's Berry,he may be the only pick that doesn't cause a melt down round here.

Frosty
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
McShay on the other hand believes it could be QB or Safety

That's not a good sign. :(

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM

or Clausen

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
That's not a good sign. :(

I disagree 100%. McShay was beating the Tyson Jackson drum this time last year too.

tyton75
04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I think I would be happy if we at least took a shot at QB.. boom or bust

we haven't taken a shot since Blackledge

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
McShay's analysis of our pick was pretty good, actually. *gulps*

He essentially said that the only two OL's worth the #5 pick are Okung and Williams, and he doesn't think Pioli would take Williams because of questionable work ethic. Re: Bulaga, he said that he's a good solid player but probably a right tackle. That brings them to plan B, which is safety.

Okung or Berry, he said. In other words, he's been on CP or The Bad Guy is holding him hostage and telling him to say this because this is what The Bad Guy's been saying for awhile.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Okung or Berry, he said. In other words, he's been on CP or The Bad Guy is holding him hostage and telling him to say this because this is what The Bad Guy's been saying for awhile.

Or maybe I'm just really Todd McShay.

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Or maybe I'm just really Todd McShay.Can I borrow some money?;)

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Or maybe I'm just really Todd McShay.

The hostage option sounds a lot more fun...

Frosty
04-20-2010, 09:05 AM
I disagree 100%. McShay was beating the Tyson Jackson drum this time last year too.

Really? That's good to know.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Can I borrow some money?;)

Sorry, I use it all on hair products, tanning and martinis.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
all this McClain stuff worries me more than that Bulaga rumor ever did.

i could see the chiefs reaching for McClain at 5 if they can't trade down.

it's irritating

If they reach for McClain then we might have a real problem.

Imo it means we have another gawd dam GM who is trying to prove that he is smarter than everyone else instead of just selecting the best player available. :cuss:

tyton75
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I just have a feeling he is going to be the pick..

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I use it all on hair products, tanning and martinis.:cuss:

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
If we are going with the whole positional value thing, ILB's in a 3-4 are less valuable than safeties.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
No way do I think McClain is the pick. The whole Cron's disease thing has hurt his stock regardless if he's miracle cured now.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 09:18 AM
If we are going with the whole positional value thing, ILB's in a 3-4 are less valuable than safeties.
it makes no sense

we pass on a possible "elite" level talent because the position is considered a lower value to take a possible "good" level talent at a position with a lower value.

possible reasons

1. the chiefs think there are move good safeties to grab later so they need to grab the ILB now

2. they disagree with the evaluation about Berry and/or McClain

3. Pioli is just trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else.

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2010, 09:21 AM
it makes no sense

we pass on a possible "elite" level talent because the position is considered a lower value to take a possible "good" level talent at a position with a lower value.

possible reasons

1. the chiefs think there are move good safeties to grab later so they need to grab the ILB now

Or Pioli doesn't have the balls to take elite talent because of " the bust factor"

Rausch
04-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Imo it means we have another gawd dam GM who is trying to prove that he is smarter than everyone else instead of just selecting the best player available. :cuss:

It's hard to base an opinion off of one year but KC hasn't had the scouting, GM, or commitment to build a team for better than 10 years.

If the 3-4 defense is what we're going for you have to look at Pitt as the perfect example. They year in and year out find DE's and LB's (Inside and outside) in the 2nd and 3rd round who can come in and produce. If it's a light year at LB they sign some schlub who winds up being perfect for them.

My envy is boundless...

And if we're going for that pass-oriented offense...hell, I don't even know what Haley's vision or scheme is...I'm not sure if he did. I'm glad we hired someone who does.

I'm just not one of those people who thinks that our coaching staff and F/O has reached that perfect gel a franchise be builded on...

King_Chief_Fan
04-20-2010, 09:26 AM
No way do I think McClain is the pick. The whole Cron's disease thing has hurt his stock regardless if he's miracle cured now.

In agreement bad guy........it is only Babb's opinion.......his is no better than anyone elses. Pioli hasn't tipped his hand to anyone.
Wait and see

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 09:27 AM
it makes no sense

possible reasons

I don't think Pioli is trying to prove anything. I do think #1 factors in. The reality is that safety may be the deepest position in this draft. So, getting one at #5 may not be the wisest move.

I am high on McClain. I would love to see them get a guy like that to play the middle. I think DJ will be a starter this year, and having him play next to DJ would be outstanding. I just don't like the pick at #5.

Same as I like Tyson Jackson as a fit for this team, just can't believe where they drafted him.

petegz28
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM

Why? Then we are just stuck with the Royals for the next few months.

petegz28
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I don't think Pioli is trying to prove anything. I do think #1 factors in. The reality is that safety may be the deepest position in this draft. So, getting one at #5 may not be the wisest move.

I am high on McClain. I would love to see them get a guy like that to play the middle. I think DJ will be a starter this year, and having him play next to DJ would be outstanding. I just don't like the pick at #5.

Same as I like Tyson Jackson as a fit for this team, just can't believe where they drafted him.

We only drafted Jackson high because we couldn't trade down and he would be gone by the time we got the chance. Sometimes that is how it goes, contrary to Chiefs Planet philosophy.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
We only drafted Jackson high because we couldn't trade down and he would be gone by the time we got the chance. Sometimes that is how it goes, contrary to Chiefs Planet philosophy.
and if the same thing happens again this year with McClain?

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Take Petegz with a grain of salt. He thinks we should trade down to draft Cody.

CanadaKC
04-20-2010, 09:52 AM
If we pass on a player like Berry, and the Browns, THe FREAKIN BROWNS, nab him at #7...Holmgren will look a lot better than Pioli in a couple years...I don't know what Pioli would be thinking to pass on a Reed-type speed guy in the middle..we neeed speed (cue top gun)

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM

:spock:

LMAO

petegz28
04-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Cody is the big blob we need in the middle of a 3-4 to suck up space. He can take up two blockers just standing there. Contrary to what a lot on here seem to think and\or want, the NT's job on a 3-4 is to take up space and blockers, not rush the QB.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Why? Then we are just stuck with the Royals for the next few months.

And every draft Expert here hijacking every thread.... Like I used to do with Herm...

Frosty
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
If we pass on a player like Berry, and the Browns, THe FREAKIN BROWNS, nab him at #7...Holmgren will look a lot better than Pioli in a couple years..

I agree but I am not sure Holmgren is all that different than Pioli. I live in Washington, so follow the Seahawks some. The Seahawks didn't draft very well under Holmgren. It got a little better after they took away his GM duties but most of the drafts under him were full of reaches and WTF? picks. He got a few hits, like Tatupu, but they were pretty uninspired drafts.

King_Chief_Fan
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM

I agree