PDA

View Full Version : a little Mock from me to you

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
1st (#7 from cleveland) Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame

Chiefs have both Berry and Clausen on the board when their pick at #5 comes up. They trade down with Cleveland which brings panic to all the CP screamers who will start declaring their love for the NY Jets and Mark Sanchez's Taint. Totally hilarious imo. Chiefs get Clevelands 1st and 2nd round pick. Cleveland gets the Chiefs 1st and a 5th round pick. Clausen is still on the board at #7 so Charlie Weis still gets his man. The screamers then spend the rest of round one trying to figure out how to still be mad even though the Chiefs got the guy they supposedly wanted. ROFL

2a Roger Safford OT, Indiana
Safford can play both OT positions imo so he can bring an insurance policy in case Albert struggles again at LT

2b Jerry Hughes OLB, TCU
strong guy who will have to learn to play standing up in the passing game. But he is strong at the point of attack and can often handle the RT 1-on-1. Will make a great tandem beside Tyson Jackson. Will force the opposing Oline to adjust thier protection schemes ... first for the Chiefs
since the Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith combo

2c Cam Thomas NT, North Carolina
nice solid addition for the Chiefs Nose Tackle position

3. Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech
under-rated imo, the Chiefs jump all over him if he still here in the 3rd

4. Matt Tennant C, Boston college
should start at center for the Chiefs almost immediately

5a. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa
another under-rated player who should start at tightend almost immediately for KC

5b. Jordan Shipley WR/KR Texas
nice blue collar slot reciever and return man.

The Franchise
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I would be happy......if you switch Saffold to Nate Allen.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd be amazed if Jerry Hughes lasted until 2b.

OnTheWarpath15
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM

I'd be amazed if he gets by the Jets at 29.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
If it actually falls that way, I'll JIMP. I'll even try to act mad just to appease you. :p

OnTheWarpath15
04-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure Safford gets out of the first round, either.

He'd be a perfect fit for Indy.

philfree
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM

I think the 3-4 OLBs go earlier then poeple think. With half the league playing 3-4 those guys are going to have more value. I posted it the other day but I'd like to see a team who runs 3-4s draft board to see how they have the players stacked. We are going to miss out on the best 3-4 olbs at #36 IMO and that sucks.

PhilFree:arrow:

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
You didn't mention that Jordan Shipley is "the next Wes Welker."

Thread fail.

Ok seriously, Hughes won't last that long IMO. Thanks for the effort!

Chiefs=Champions
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Who are you and what have you done with Laz?

nice mock

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure Safford gets out of the first round, either.

He'd be a perfect fit for Indy.

I'll be shocked if he gets past the Packers.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
so alot of people think safford and hughes are 1st round picks?

it won't take much falling for them to get to us

2a = 4th pick of the 2nd round
2b = 7th pick of the 2nd round(from cleveland)

i don't consider it a crazy drop for either ... many people project Hughes into the 2nd round. In fact, most people do.

safford is a late climber ... he used to be consider a 3/4th round. Now he's climb into the 2nd, maybe low 1st, round. Either way it isn't a big stretch.

heh ... if i added up all the guaranteed 1st round players from this board it would number well into the 40's. :)

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
JIMP.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Personally, I disgusted by Laz giving the reach around to the Gang of __. Clausen? Really? C'mon Laz, you're better than that.

I don't like Moeaki in the fifth either. Kid has talent, but he's been broken more times then Colonel Steve Austin and Evil Knievel combined. Dickson and Pitta are better tight ends that would potentially be around that spot.

Hughes and Saffold are both potentially there when the Chiefs pick in the second round with their first pick. It depends on if there is a run on OT's in the first. I think there will be and guys like Saffold will be picked up earlier than they would have been.

Hughes could be the first rush end off the board. He also could be the fourth or fifth, depending upon what teams think of Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle and Jason Pierre-Paul.

I don't care where he's picked, but if Tennant isn't a Chief when this draft is said and done, I think it will be major fail on their part.

Solid mock though. Other than the piss away first rounder.

Nightfyre
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
JIMP.

This. But I still think we should draft Mike Johnson in the fifth.

milkman
04-21-2010, 07:39 AM
I just don't get why we feel we need to use a high pick on a guy like Saffold when we could get a guy like Jason Fox in the fouth.

Kid is tall, athletic, and has the frame to add 15-20 lbs to become a mauler while not losing that athleticism.

Better value when trying to find a RT that has the ability to shift to LT if Albert doens't continue to progress.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
I just don't get why we feel we need to use a high pick on a guy like Saffold when we could get a guy like Jason Fox in the fouth.

Kid is tall, athletic, and has the frame to add 15-20 lbs to become a mauler while not losing that athleticism.

Better value when trying to find a RT that has the ability to shift to LT if Albert doens't continue to progress.
maybe *gasp* some like safford better than fox

safford can play both imo

i think safford has pro bowl potential

milkman
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
maybe *gasp* some like safford better than fox

safford can play both imo

Uh......did you not follow the post?

Fox can play both also.

I get that some like Saffold better, hell probably almost all.

But I'm talking about value.

I think Fox would be a better value in the fourth than Saffold in the second, even if I didn't like Fox's upside better.

I like Saffold, but I think he's gotten a bit overrated since the end of the college season.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Uh......did you not follow the post?

Fox can play both also.

I get that some like Saffold better, hell probably almost all.

But I'm talking about value.

I think Fox would be a better value in the fourth than Saffold in the second, even if I didn't like Fox's upside better.

I like Saffold, but I think he's gotten a bit overrated since the end of the college season.Fox seems taller and has more upper body lean ... i don't really like that.

besides at OT i'm not sure that upside isn't important than value.

not that i hate Fox or anything