PDA

View Full Version : Football Mort and Adam Scheffer:Reporting Ben Roethlisberger

Stinger
04-21-2010, 08:29 AM
will get a 4-6 game suspension. ON ESPN First Take. Commissioner Roger Goodel should have more this afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter update:

Twitter:

@Adam_Schefter: Filed to ESPN: @mortreport and I are reporting that Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended four to six games, with conditions attached.

Update # 2 via Twitter

@mortreport: The suspension is expected to be conditional - could be 6 games reduced to 4 based on behavior & compliance with league doctors, etc.

Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games

By Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter
ESPN

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to multiple sources.

Roethlisberger

When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.

Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst. Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

HotRoute
04-21-2010, 08:35 AM
He's lucky it's not more

KurtCobain
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
It's because he's white. Racist bastards.

eazyb81
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Good, I was getting upset he would only get a game or 2.

If Plaxico gets a year for accidentally shooting himself, Ben should get more than 2 games for what he did whether he's charged or not.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2010, 08:38 AM
hopefully its 6...LJ got 4 right?

CoMoChief
That's fuckin dumb. WAY to long for something he didn't get charged for.

Frazod
Heh. Suck it $tealer$.

CoMoChief

If Plaxico gets a year for accidentally shooting himself, Ben should get more than 2 games for what he did whether he's charged or not.

:shake:

Stinger
Updated w/ Twitter:

@Adam_Schefter: Filed to ESPN: @mortreport and I are reporting that Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended four to six games, with conditions attached.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
That's fuckin dumb. WAY to long for something he didn't get charged for.Moron. It has nothing to do with him being guilty or innocent. :rolleyes:

tyton75
04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
What exactly DID Ben do? did he rape this chick?

KurtCobain
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
This is crap.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I figured it would be at least 4 games.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 08:45 AM
What exactly DID Ben do? did he rape this chick?:spock:

Stinger
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Update #2 via Twitter

@mortreport: The suspension is expected to be conditional - could be 6 games reduced to 4 based on behavior & compliance with league doctors, etc.

HotRoute
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
They also traded their 7th rounder for leftwhich so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded, the steelers don't mess around

tyton75
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
I really don't know the details or anything.. dont' really give a chit.. but if he is getting 4-6 games.. musta been bad.. what did he to to break the personal conduct policy?

did he PIHB?

boogblaster
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Steeler QB exposed ....

CoMoChief
04-21-2010, 08:49 AM
They also traded their 7th rounder for leftwhich so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded, the steelers don't mess around

The Steelers aren't going to piss away their season with shitty Byron Leftwhich.

KurtCobain
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM

They're not going to trade him. Leftwitch could hardly be a replacement.

However..... I'm thinking maybe our 1st, 2a, and 2nd next year for RoughSexBurger, and they could snag Clausen, or even be in the conversation to trade rest of the way up for Bradford.

CoMoChief
04-21-2010, 08:51 AM
If this happened to Peyton Manning you think the league would suspend him for something he was never charged for???

- FUCK NO

Goodell is retarded.

Johnny Vegas
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
I assume he broke the conduct rule when he was feeding a 20 year old shots in a bar. If he's getting suspended for something it'll be that. I expect to hear the reason behind the suspension or everyone is going to assume Ben, in fact, is guilty of sexual assault.

Frazod
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
If this happened to Peyton Manning you think the league would suspend him for something he was never charged for???

- FUCK NO

Goodell is retarded.

Manning's too smart to put himself in these situations.

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 08:56 AM
It falls right in line with the league's established policy. The don't want players getting into these situations to begin with.

CoMoChief
04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Moron. It has nothing to do with him being guilty or innocent. :rolleyes:

Then WHAT did Ben do wrong if he wasn't charged w/ anything?

Is this one of those "You will learn not to put yourself in that position again"

That's bullshit and 6 games is WAAAY too long.

CoMoChief
04-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Manning's too smart to put himself in these situations.

That's not the point I was trying to make.

If Manning did that. Goodell would tell him, "dont do it again" and I can guarantee you no suspension would be filed.

-King-
04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
God I hope dennis dixon goes 4-0 while ben is suspended
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM

If Manning did that. Goodell would tell him, "dont do it again" and I can guarantee you no suspension would be filed.If Manning had continually put himself in these kind of situations, he'd treat him exactly the same way.

And, come on, "Big Ben" has been one of the faces of the league for years. It's not like he's some expendable nobody. Hell, they might be more likely to make a statement with a guy like him, or Manning, and not less.

Frazod
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM

If Manning did that. Goodell would tell him, "dont do it again" and I can guarantee you no suspension would be filed.

Yes, but how did Manning get to that level of untouchability? He's a great player, but he also doesn't do stupid shit that makes the league or himself look bad.

Roethlisberger could be that guy, but he isn't because he's a dumbass. There are ways celebrities at that level should conduct themselves. Albert Pujols won't even get on an elevator with a lone woman, because once those doors close and it's just the two of them, she can claim he did or said something to her, and while it wouldn't be true, the claim itself does damage. Doesn't make it right, but that's just the way it is.

Johnny Vegas
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Then WHAT did Ben do wrong if he wasn't charged w/ anything?

Is this one of those "You will learn not to put yourself in that position again"

That's bullshit and 6 games is WAAAY too long.

the league could give a fuck if he wasn't charged. He tainted the image of the league and he will face consequences. Thats all it has to do with. Its the 2nd time something came up about sexual assault with him. THE 2ND TIME!! if its not a warning call then what is? Something has do be done to tell him party's over.

Stinger
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

8 games Holy Crap that would have been harsh......

KCFalcon59
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Should be a year suspension w/o pay IMO. Send a fucking statement to the rest of the league.

dirk digler
04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
good

tyton75
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
when you really get down to the $... how much is this going to penalize him in game checks?

guessing over 500grand at least... for what? being famous and horny?

58kcfan89
04-21-2010, 09:48 AM
For those who say they aren't trading Ben...

@Adam_Schefter
Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Saccopoo
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM

@Adam_Schefter
Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

I sure as shit hope it's not the Chiefs.

The ape can take his bloated, rummy nosed drunk raping self somewhere else.

-King-
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
when you really get down to the $... how much is this going to penalize him in game checks?

Yah, sure. I'm sure the whole being accused of rape thing twice has nothing to do with it.

Oh yeah, and serving underage girls alcohol. But other than that, yeah he's just famous and horny...
Posted via Mobile Device

Lono
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
This is stupid. So basically he is getting supspended for going to a bar and getting drunk. I would say half the NFL should get suspended then.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
This is stupid. So basically he is getting supspended for going to a bar and getting drunk. I would say half the NFL should get suspended then.
For fuck sake, pay attention. It doesn't matter. The league has personal conduct policy. Why can't people understand this?

Lono
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
For **** sake, pay attention. It doesn't matter. The league has personal conduct policy. Why can't people understand this?

Like I said, then ban going to bars. They have never punished players for going to a bar and getting drunk. Without charges that is all he did. If you are going to punish him for that, then punish every other player that goes to a bar and gets drunk.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
I sure as shit hope it's not the Chiefs.

The ape can take his bloated, rummy nosed drunk raping self somewhere else.I'd take him in a heartbeat.

buddha
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
There is so much stupidity in this thread...I'd like to think some of you are trying to be ironic, but I know better.

This is all pretty simple so please try to follow along:

1. Ben has a track record...no, a long track record of pulling stupid shit off the field. Being accused of sexual assault is only the latest in a series of items on his list.

2. He's not exactly Sherron Collins, but this isn't the first time he's had "girl problems" in public that have had to be swept under the rug.

3. Roger Goddell has no leeway in this situation. The Rooneys have looked the other way for far too long. The train wreck that is Pig Ben continues to loop and shows no signs of stopping.

4. It has been stated thousands of times that you don't have to be charged with anything to run afoul of the NFL's personal conduct policy. I hope the CoMos of the world will finally allow that to sink in so we can move on. If Ben doesn't like that policy, he can turn in his gear and devote what's left of his miserable life to alcohol and doing stupid shit.

notorious
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Trade for him.

vailpass
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
There is so much stupidity in this thread...I'd like to think some of you are trying to be ironic, but I know better.

1. Ben has a track record...no, a long track record of pulling stupid shit off the field. Being accused of sexual assault is only the latest in a series of items on his list.

2. He's not exactly Sherron Collins, but this isn't the first time he's had "girl problems" in public that have had to be swept under the rug.

3. Roger Goddell has no leeway in this situation. The Rooneys have looked the other way for far too long. The train wreck that is Pig Ben continues to loop and shows no signs of stopping.

4. It has been stated thousands of times that you don't have to be charged with anything to run afoul of the NFL's personal conduct policy. I hope the CoMos of the world will finally allow that to sink in so we can move on. If Ben doesn't like that policy, he can turn in his gear and devote what's left of his miserable life to alcohol and doing stupid shit.

Sounds like somebody has been Big Ben-a-sized.
Did he say goodbye or just whipe his dick on the curtain as he snuck out in the morning?

buddha
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Did he say goodbye or just whipe his dick on the curtain as he snuck out in the morning?

You seem to have the routine down, vailpass. :clap: Nice to see that you're keeping up your tradition of adding nothing to the discussion.

Johnny Vegas
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM

@Adam_Schefter

Steelers trade 1st round pick along with Ben to St. Louis to get Sam Bradford. :D

Lono
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Links please of this long track record. Wrecked his bike, accused of rape/not guilty, accussed of rape/not guilty. He did nothing. There were zero charges brought. Who knows if this chick didnt bang him then think, hmm he was already accused or rape one time, i can probably say the same thing and get a pay day. They will believe me, he was already accused of it before. Some women are crazy. Vailpass is right, I think you are hurt that he didn't rape you.

Goldmember
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM

Doesn't sound like he's in Ben's corner...read it again

Goldmember
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
This is crap.

Who cares??? It's the Steelers and their fans are obnoxious bastards

buddha
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Links please of this long track record. Wrecked his bike, accused of rape/not guilty, accussed of rape/not guilty. He did nothing. There were zero charges brought. Who knows if this chick didnt bang him then think, hmm he was already accused or rape one time, i can probably say the same thing and get a pay day. They will believe me, he was already accused of it before. Some women are crazy. Vailpass is right, I think you are hurt that he didn't rape you.

You weren't there and I wasn't there, dumbass. That's a given. He has become a major embarrassment to the NFL and the Steelers...can you at least get that through your thick skull? You're assertion that, "he did nothing" because charges weren't brought is nothing short of moronic.

vailpass
04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
You seem to have the routine down, vailpass. :clap: Nice to see that you're keeping up your tradition of adding nothing to the discussion.

I'm sorry, did I interrupt your butthurtathon? By all means, continue your mental menstruation.

Johnny Vegas
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM

when he's accused twice of sexual assault its more than enough reason that goes against the Personal Conduct Policy in order to play in the NFL. Even if God said he's innocent the league will still make their own decision if he violated THEIR rules - not Gods. Even if you're innocent your behavior, if disruptive, will be meet with consequences that will lead to suspension.

buddha
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM

when he's accused twice of sexual assault its more than enough reason that goes against the Personal Conduct Policy in order to play in the NFL. Even if God said he's innocent the league will still make their own decision if he violated THEIR rules - not Gods. Even if you're innocent your behavior, if disruptive, will be meet with consequences that will lead to suspension.

This +1

Lono
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
You weren't there and I wasn't there, dumbass. That's a given. He has become a major embarrassment to the NFL and the Steelers...can you at least get that through your thick skull? You're assertion that, "he did nothing" because charges weren't brought is nothing short of moronic.

Listen, I'm not going to get in a name calling contest with you. What did he do wrong? If these women hadn't accused him of this would we be having this discussion? I think not.

buddha
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Lono...my apologies.

I understand your point that the accusations could be false. They could be. The NFL and the Steelers aren't going to suspend him based on a simple he said/she said. Right? There is nothing about Ben that allows me to give him the benefit of the doubt in this matter when it's clear that the folks who know more about the circumstances are about to suspend him for 4-6 games.

notorious
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Are we forgetting that the NFL and the Steelers organization knows a hell of a lot more about what happened then we do.

They don't need the burden of resonable doubt. They have the story, along with all of the other info. Ben did something bad, and they are going to whack him for it.

Lono
04-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Lono...my apologies.

I understand your point that the accusations could be false. They could be. The NFL and the Steelers aren't going to suspend him based on a simple he said/she said. Right? There is nothing about Ben that allows me to give him the benefit of the doubt in this matter when it's clear that the folks who know more about the circumstances are about to suspend him for 4-6 games.

I can agree with that. If there is more and they are going to suspend him, I think they should release that info.

Let me add I know they will not.

Brock
04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Ben acted stupidly even if he is innocent and brought a lot of negative attention to the league. At the least, he's got a drinking problem. No way he wasn't going to get the hammer.

cdcox
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I can agree with that. If there is more and they are going to suspend him, I think they should release that info.

They probably can't. Ben sure as hell wouldn't want the extra info released.

Sometime in the near future you will see Ben standing in front of the microphone apologizing for his behavior. That should remove any doubt of misconduct.

If we see Ben standing in front of a microphone saying he did nothing wrong and that the league is treating him completely unfairly, you have a point. But that ain't gonna happen.

Coogs
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM

It is going to cost him $2.8 million in game checks. Not to mention how much it probably cost him to buy off the Georgia Law System to get the charges dropped. Pretty expensive chick... that wasn't even in the mood.

SAUTO
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
saying now that the deal is done

6 games could be reduced to 4 if conditions are met

penguinz
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Listen, I'm not going to get in a name calling contest with you. What did he do wrong? If these women hadn't accused him of this would we be having this discussion? I think not.You don't think banging a chick in a public restroom would be a violation of NFL Personal Conduct rules?

penguinz
04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
saying now that the deal is done

6 games could be reduced to 4 if conditions are metOr add more if conditions are not met.

MoreLemonPledge
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Back in 2004, my then girlfriend (now wife) lived with her best friend. Her best friend was a bartender at a high end restaurant located in the Mt. Washington area of Pittsburgh and it was not uncommon to see multiple Steelers dining there each weekend. This best friend and her colleagues from the restaurant hung out with us a lot on the weekends. One night, my wife's friend and her bartender colleague met up with us at a bar. We were all sitting around and my wife's friend said to her colleague that she had to tell us what had happened earlier that week. Here's her tale — we'll call her Mandy:

Mandy and her friends are at a bar in the Strip District area of Pittsburgh dancing and drinking. Ben (and little Ben) arrive at the bar and over the course of the evening, Ben takes an interest in Mandy and approaches her. I believe he recognized her from the restaurant, but at any rate, they have some drinks and dance.

He invites her and her friend back to his place. They head back to Ben's house along with a couple friends/bodyguards of his. Mandy's friend takes up with a bodyguard/friend of Ben's downstairs and Mandy heads upstairs with Ben.

He shows her around the house a bit upstairs and then they head to his room. They made out a little but mostly were talking. At this point, she said she had pretty much decided nothing was going to happen because he was pretty drunk and really arrogant. At this point, Ben gets a call on his cell and heads to the bathroom. She looks around his room and sees in his closet he has dozens of football jerseys. She notices one in particular that's autographed all over.

In a moment of questionable decision-making, she nabs the jersey and throws it out the window of the bedroom intending to grab it on her way out. She is walking to the door of the bedroom to go find her friend when Ben emerges from the bathroom naked as the day he was born and at full attention.

She said she was shocked, certainly by the full nude approach, but also because he had a gray penis (this is the part of the story we've laughed at most over the years - such a bizarre detail. We asked so many times what she meant by "gray" and she just said it was gray and almost looked ashy. Amazing). She sort of laughed a little and said she had to leave.

He cursed her out at this point, calling her a tease (the worst crime in Ben's world, apparently) and telling her to get the fuck out. She ran downstairs, collected her friend and away they went... but not before collecting the jersey. They had no ride so they hoofed it until they were able to get a cab to meet them somewhere further along.

Next morning, she wakes up with a great story and this jersey. She also wakes up with several voicemails. Turns out Mandy's friend had made a connection with Ben's bodyguard/friend and given him her cell.

Mandy's friend had left several VMs for Mandy because the bodyguard had contacted the friend saying in no uncertain terms that Ben needed that jersey back. There would be no problems so long as the jersey was returned. Turns out the jersey was a QB competition jersey signed by a bunch of Hall of Famers like Steve Young/Elway/Marino etc and was extra special to young Ben.

Mandy was already regretting the theft and was worried about her job considering Ben knew where she worked. She gave the jersey to her friend who made arrangements to get it to the bodyguard. The jersey was returned and no more was every made of the incident.

As to the veracity of the tale, there are some relevant points to be made. First, this girl was pretty attractive, so it was not beyond her to have ended up with Ben. Second, she was a pretty decent person and not someone prone to exaggeration. In fact, the biggest doubt any of us had about the story at first was that Mandy would've been involved because she was not the type to chase a football player, let alone go home with him. Any doubts I had were erased by the bizarre nature of the details she provided. And as I said, she told this story, often begrudgingly, many many times and the details never wavered. There was actually a period at the beginning where she wouldn't tell the story and demanded secrecy from those of us that knew because she was so spooked about the jersey aspect even after returning it. She was sure Ben was gonna get her fired or something.

Anyhow, that's the tale. Do with it what you will and believe it or not, but it happened and the legend of the gray penis will live on. Here's hoping he got some special lotion or something before he started attacking girls with it.

http://deadspin.com/5520027/a-new-big-ben-exposure-story-he-had-a-gray-penis

Carlota69
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Um..U may want to get updated on what happened...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10108/1051441-66.stm

Brock
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Um..U may want to get updated on what happened...

That article doesn't exactly make the point you were hoping for.

Carlota69
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Here's an article frfom todays Pittsburgh paper...

Carlota69
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
That article doesn't exactly make the point you were hoping for.

It tells a story...one that should be at least considered.

Hammock Parties
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
How does one get a gray penis?

STD maybe?

Frazod
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
How does one get a gray penis?

STD maybe?

Maybe he raped some voodoo bitch and she cursed him.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Like I said, then ban going to bars. They have never punished players for going to a bar and getting drunk. Without charges that is all he did. If you are going to punish him for that, then punish every other player that goes to a bar and gets drunk.

Are you really this fucking stupid or are you just uninformed?

Did you read the entire 574 page report that was provided to the NFL and Rooney's?

Do you think it's acceptable behavior for a 29 year old man to walk around a bar with his penis out? Do you think that a 29 year old, Super Bowl QB needs a bodyguard to go to a college bar in Georgia? Do you think it's okay for that bodyguard to block the entrance to a bathroom so that a girl's friends can't gain entry? Do you think it's okay for a 29 year old to continue fucking a girl when she says no?

There is a massive amount of evidence to support Roethlisberger not only providing under age girls with alcohol, but also of rape.

Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult for ANY municipality to prove rape when enormous amounts of alcohol are present.

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't acquitted of rape - the fact is that the city determined they couldn't win the case, so he was never charged. That does NOT mean that a crime wasn't committed.

The first case hasn't even gone to trial, so again, you are incorrect.

How many other NFL players have been accused of rape not once, but twice in a 12 month span. Do you really think he's not guilty of anything?

Mecca
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
If they trade him, I'll laugh my ass off.

Ruin your team, win 3 games, do it.

Lono
04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Are you really this ****ing stupid or are you just uninformed?

Did you read the entire 574 page report that was provided to the NFL and Rooney's?

Do you think it's acceptable behavior for a 29 year old man to walk around a bar with his penis out? Do you think that a 29 year old, Super Bowl QB needs a bodyguard to go to a college bar in Georgia? Do you think it's okay for that bodyguard to block the entrance to a bathroom so that a girl's friends can't gain entry? Do you think it's okay for a 29 year old to continue ****ing a girl when she says no?

There is a massive amount of evidence to support Roethlisberger not only providing under age girls with alcohol, but also of rape.

Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult for ANY municipality to prove rape when enormous amounts of alcohol are present.

Ben Roethlisberger wasn't acquitted of rape - the fact is that the city determined they couldn't win the case, so he was never charged. That does NOT mean that a crime wasn't committed.

The first case hasn't even gone to trial, so again, you are incorrect.

How many other NFL players have been accused of rape not once, but twice in a 12 month span. Do you really think he's not guilty of anything?

Dane you are the one person on this board, who if I ever met, I would beat the living crap out of. That's all.

Portlantis
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Dane you are the one person on this board, who if I ever met, I would beat the living crap out of. That's all.

Why? Because he actually backs up his arguments with facts?

Lono
04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Why? Because he actually backs up his arguments with facts?

Did you read that article? I read most of it, and I don't believe either side. Like the dudes on espn radio said last night. Goodell is setting a pretty big precedent. With this ruling you better not go out in public and get drunk, get a dui, any of that. Because now anything under 6 games for any misconduct will be unfair.

People jump to way too many conclusions without knowing any facts. Is Roth an idiot? Most certainly. Did he actually rape these women? Who knows that either. In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't proven guilty. I do find it hard to believe that 6'5" qb forcefully did a girl while she was sitting on the toilet.

Kerberos
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Get the facts straight Bozo ... Plax didn't get anything for shooting himself in the leg. He got what he deserved for carrying a weapon without a permit in NY state that carries a pretty stiff penalty.

He should get a 4 game ban JUST for being stupid enough to shoot himself in the leg on principle alone.