PDA

View Full Version : When is Gosselin's final mock released?

Direckshun
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Does it come out today or tomorrow?

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I call nuthooks for labeling a thread "Gosselin final mock" to ask a goddamn question.

As punishment, I'm going to give you the answer:

Yes.

oldandslow
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
I call nuthooks for labeling a thread "Gosselin final mock" to ask a goddamn question.

Yes.

Yeah, I was kinda excited to open this thread and then...meh.

ModSocks
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
NUTHOOKS

The Franchise
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Fucker.

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I can tell you who it won't have going to the Chiefs...Trent Williams.

Direckshun
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Yes.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about that.

Nuthooks on me, sorry guys. Shit. Mods can edit.

Direckshun
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Does anybody know, though?

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Brock
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
:facepalm:

Amnorix
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Oy. My understanding is that Gosselin's final mock always comes out the day of.

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Oy. My understanding is that Gosselin's final mock always comes out the day of.Yeah, I think it'll online sometime between 10:30 and midnight tonight, if memory serves. In tomorrow's print edition.

(emphasis on "I think")

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
http://www.pixagen.com/storage/b3s/FFFFFFUUUUUU.jpg

Chiefnj2
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
It'll probably come out later in the day since the draft doesn't start until 7:30 at night.

the Talking Can
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
it usually comes out about 10-11 the night before

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
It'll probably come out later in the day since the draft doesn't start until 7:30 at night.I don't think that would matter, since it's an article for a print publication; everything has to be ready the day before, regardless of when the draft starts.

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Negged!

Mr. Laz
04-21-2010, 09:46 AM
dumbass

milkman
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
dumbass

Be careful.

People might start comparing you to me.

talastan
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Hook da nuts!!

COchief
04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Negged also, punishment fits the crime. 18K posts, you should know better.

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Nut hooks and anti freeze, after being impaled with the aids tree.

WildTurkey
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Nut hooks and anti freeze, after being impaled with the aids tree.

a simple question mark at the end of the thread title would have prevented this :shake:

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
a simple question mark at the end of the thread title would have prevented this :shake:

Yep, wish one of the mods would fix it. Aren't OTWP58 and Mecca DP mods?

milkman
04-21-2010, 10:53 AM
There are times when people get their panties in a bunch way too easily.

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
There are times when people get their panties in a bunch way too easily.

Coming from you I find that hilarious. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

milkman
04-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Coming from you I find that hilarious. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I get that, but you know, I rarely ever give out neg rep, which is primarily what I'm talking about here.

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I get that, but you know, I rarely ever give out neg rep, which is primarily what I'm talking about here.

I agree with that part, I don't either. But I was anticipating reading a mock when I opened this thread.

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I get that, but you know, I rarely ever give out neg rep, which is primarily what I'm talking about here.I can't remember the last time I gave neg rep.

Or positive rep.

I prefer to talk out in the open.

Bowser
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
So Direckshun is mocking us with all the mock talk? Evil genious bastard.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Yep, wish one of the mods would fix it. Aren't OTWP58 and Mecca DP mods?

Done. I was away from the computer this AM.

milkman
04-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Away from the computer?

Neg rep.

:cuss:

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM

Thank you!

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Away from the computer?

Neg rep.

:cuss:

Yeah, well.

I needed a break from the talk of drafting 5 offensive linemen with 8 picks, or listening to some schmuck blame Jimmy Clausen for not winning more games, yet be a firm supporter of the "Cassel just needs help" movement.

milkman
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah, well.

I needed a break from the talk of drafting 5 offensive linemen with 8 picks, or listening to some schmuck blame Jimmy Clausen for not winning more games, yet be a firm supporter of the "Cassel just needs help" movement.

That's cool.

But I was joking, you know.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 12:46 PM
That's cool.

But I was joking, you know.

Yeah, I know. No worries.

Not that your grouchy old ass cares anyway.

:D

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
That's cool.

But I was joking, you know.I thought you were channeling your inner frazod.

Coogs
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM

ROFL

oldandslow
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
If Gosselin's mock does say Bulaga, I think I am going to go camping & fishing with my kid or something tomorrow night. Weather is nice, it's earth day and I really do not want to deal with that much disappointment

BigChiefFan
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
If we draft Buluga Whale with the 5th overall pick, I'm going to consider another hobby.

ModSocks
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
If we draft Buluga Whale with the 5th overall pick, I'm going to consider another hobby.

I heard the JETS are accepting applications for new fans. There's a few on this board that have apparently already turned theirs in. I can pick you one up. maybe I'll get one myself, lol.

aturnis
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
It was released at 11:00pm the night before in 2008. Other than that, idk.

jiveturkey
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM

I'm with ya. I might take up golf.

ChiefMojo
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
If Gosselin says OT (Okung?) over Berry, I'm going to just go numb.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure Gosselin has picked the Chiefs accurately in several years.

I could have swore he had us taking Curry last year, there's no way he had us taking Dorsey the year before, and I know Bowe wasn't his pick either. I think it was Okoye that year.

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I could have swore he had us taking Curry last year, there's no way he had us taking Dorsey the year before, and I know Bowe wasn't his pick either. I think it was Okoye that year.

He had us taking Chris Williams 5th overall with Dorsey going 3 to Atlanta and Matt Ryan going 8th.

AustinChief
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM

last year he went 1st(his board) Curry, 2nd(need)J Smith 3rd(what he thinks will happen)T Jackson

year before(2008) was 1st-Keith Rivers, 2nd-Ryan Clady, 3rd-Chris Williams (and Keith Rivers with the pick from Min.)

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
He had us taking Chris Williams 5th overall with Dorsey going 3 to Atlanta and Matt Ryan going 8th.

OK.

So I'm not going to get too excited or too upset regardless of what his mock says, because for a guy that averages 28/32 every year, we always seem to be one of the four teams he misses on.

the Talking Can
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM

i think he had us taking jackson last year

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM

Everyone had us taking Jackson last year. McShay, Senile Gil Brant, Kiper, everyone in their final mock.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I saw Kyle's post.

I know he missed the two years before, however.

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I think there's something to the idea that maybe last year info was leaked by an unhappy lame duck, too. I don't know that anybody has any clue how the Chiefs have guys rated on the board. All the talk I've seen has been based on what they (meaning the pundit) think the team's needs are, or something completely made up like "Pioli is friends with Ferentz so he must love Bulaga". There's been no "I'm hearing that the Chiefs like" kind of stuff, at least not that I've come across. Even the local guys have no idea (well, not that that's all that unusual).

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Pretty exciting guys, less than 24 hours now.

Nightfyre
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Yea. Im starting to get that "Fuck I'm not ready for the disappointment" feeling...

KChiefs1
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
When?

DumbHillbillies
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Fck, I'm going to sleep hopefully its out bf I go to work.

philfree
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys should just jackoff....you'd feel better./Your wife

PhilFree:arrow:

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
His final mock is up, but now I can't access the site.

BossChief
04-21-2010, 10:17 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042210dnspogoosemock.3cacf47.html

1. ST. LOUIS RAMS

Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma

Other needs: QB, Pass rush, WR, DT

The Rams have passed on potential franchise quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez in the last two drafts. Both have started NFL playoff games. St. Louis must stop ignoring the quarterback position.

2. DETROIT LIONS

Ndamukong Suh, Defensive tackle, Nebraska

Other needs: RB, CB, DL, OL

The Lions need defensive size to tackle Adrian Peterson, plus an inside pass rush to pressure Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler in the division. Suh fills both bills for the NFL's 32nd-ranked defense.

3. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Gerald McCoy, Defensive tackle, Oklahoma

Other needs: DE, DT, LB, WR

The Buccaneers were one of the NFL's best teams throughout the 2000 decade on the strength of a dominating defensive front. Tampa Bay is no longer dominant up front. Time to reload.

4. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Russell Okung, Offensive tackle, Oklahoma State

Other needs: LT, QB, NT, RB

If the Redskins can't protect Donovan McNabb, he will suffer the same fate as Jason Campbell (46 sacks and a loss of confidence). Incumbent Chris Samuels has retired at left tackle, so this pick becomes a walk-in starter.

5. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Eric Berry, Safety, Tennessee

Other needs: DT, LB, S, WR

The Chiefs brought in Mike Vrabel for leadership a year ago. But he's 35 this season. Berry will be running the KC defense inside of a year. He's never not started in his football career and also offers corner cover skills.

6. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Trent Williams, Offensive tackle, Oklahoma

Other needs: OT, QB, RB, DE

Like the Redskins, the Seahawks also need to find a blindside pass protector for their veteran quarterback. Seattle QBs were sacked 41 times last season, and Matt Hasselbeck couldn't stay healthy under that assault.

7. CLEVELAND BROWNS

Derrick Morgan, Outside linebacker, Georgia Tech

Other needs: QB, S, CB, DE

The Browns need help across the board on defense. They traded their top pass rusher (OLB Kamerion Wimbley) to Oakland this off-season. Morgan is coming off a 12 ½-sack season at Georgia Tech.

8. OAKLAND RAIDERS

Anthony Davis, Offensive tackle, Rutgers

Other needs: LT, QB, LB, DE

No quarterback – not JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski or Charlie Frye – has a chance until the Raiders start protecting him. Oakland allowed 49 sacks in 2009. Davis is the best athlete of any left tackle on the board.

9. BUFFALO BILLS

Dan Williams, Defensive tackle, Tennessee

Other needs: QB, NT, OT, WR

The Bills are switching to a 3-4 defense in 2010, and that scheme starts with a nose tackle who can attract double- and triple-teams. Williams is that guy. At 327, he's a space-eater who makes plays.

10. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Brandon Graham, Defensive end, Michigan

Other needs: Pass rush, LB, S, DT

Graham is the most polished pass rusher in this draft. He'll have the quickest impact – and a Jacksonville defense that ranked last in the NFL in sacks is in dire need of someone who can have an instant impact.

11. DENVER BRONCOS

Rolando McClain, Middle linebacker, Alabama

Other needs: MLB, DT, WR, Power RB

The Broncos cut starting inside middle linebacker Andra Davis at season's end. McClain is a walk-in starter. He won the Butkus Award as the best linebacker in college football last season.

12. MIAMI DOLPHINS

Demaryius Thomas, Wide receiver, Georgia Tech

Other needs: NT, RB, S, CB

The Dolphins have a young quarterback in Chad Henne. The way to accelerate his development is to surround him with playmakers. With the arrival of Brandon Marshall and Thomas, Henne could be a Pro Bowler very soon.

13. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Joe Haden, Cornerback, Florida

Other needs: OT, CB, S, WR

The 49ers will look at RB C.J. Spiller – but he'd arrive as a backup to Frank Gore. Haden walks in as a starter and fills a void in an area of need. You can't win the NFC West unless you can cover Larry Fitzgerald.

14. &nsp SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Ryan Mathews, Halfback, Fresno State

Other needs: OT, QB, RB, DE

Mathews is better suited to be an every-down back than C.J. Spiller because he has the bulk at 220 pounds. Spiller is a Reggie Bush clone at 198 pounds. The Seahawks need an every-down back to improve the NFL's 26th-ranked rushing attack.

15. NEW YORK GIANTS

Jason Pierre-Paul, Defensive end, South Florida

Other needs: MLB, Pass rush, CB, TE

Pierre-Paul played only one season of college football but has the most upside of any pass rusher in this draft at 6-5, 270 with 4.64 speed. Osi Umenyiora (Troy) was supposed to be a project, too, and he became a Pro Bowler.

16. TENNESSEE TITANS

Kyle Wilson, Cornerback, Boise State

Other needs: DE, CB, S, KR

The Titans need to improve the front and back end of their defense. But the D-line quality has vanished by this point of the draft. So the focus shifts to a very talented first-round cornerback board.

17. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Bryan Bulaga, Offensive tackle, Iowa

Other needs: OT, CB, S, WR

The 49ers need a right tackle to bookend Joe Staley on the left side, and the best right tackle in the draft slides to them at 17. They'd look again at C.J. Spiller, but quality tackles are harder to find than running backs.

18. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Maurkice Pouncey, Center, Florida

Other needs: Int. OL, CB, S, QB

With Ben Roethlisberger's future in flux, the Steelers are likely to revert to the power offense that won Super Bowls in the 1970s. But you need blockers, and Pouncey gives them flexibility at center and guard.

19. ATLANTA FALCONS

Mike Iupati, Guard, Idaho

Other needs: CB, S, Int. OL

Like the Steelers, the Falcons need to get their run game back on track. They fell from first in the NFL in 2008 to 15th in 2009. Better blockers produce better runners. Iupati is the best drive-blocker in the draft.

20. HOUSTON TEXANS

C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson

Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S

The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.

21. CINCINNATI BENGALS

Jermaine Gresham, Tight end, Oklahoma

Other needs: TE, DE, Int.OL, S

The Bengals need to give QB Carson Palmer a reliable safety-valve option. Cincinnati got fewer than 50 catches from its tight ends last season. Gresham can be to Palmer what Jason Witten is to Tony Romo.

22. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Earl Thomas, Safety, Texas

Other needs: TE, DL, Pass rush, CB

The Patriots have defensive needs in this draft but also the luxury of taking the best player on the board. It's Thomas, who gives them a combination of a cover safety and ballhawk. He had eight interceptions last fall.

23. GREEN BAY PACKERS

Jerry Hughes, Outside linebacker, TCU

Other needs: Pass rush, OT, CB

Dom Capers would like to give the Packers a version of the Blitzburgh scheme he ran in Pittsburgh in the 1990s. He has one elite pass rusher in Clay Matthews, and Hughes would give Capers pressure from the other side.

24. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Devin McCourty, Cornerback, Rutgers

Other needs: OL, DL, CB, TE

Not only is McCourty an elite cover cornerback, he may be the best special teams player in this draft. He blocked seven kicks and returned a kickoff for a touchdown in his career. He replaces Sheldon Brown.

25. BALTIMORE RAVENS

Kareem Jackson, Cornerback, Alabama

Other needs: DT, TE, CB, Pass rush

The Ravens have always won with a physical brand of defense, and Jackson is the most physical corner in this draft. He goes from the No. 2-ranked defense in college to the No. 3-ranked defense in the NFL.

26. ARIZONA CARDINALS

Sean Weatherspoon, Outside linebacker, Missouri

Other needs: OLB, S, WR, TE

The Cardinals have two huge holes in their defense with the departures this off-season of OLB Karlos Dansby and FS Antrel Rolle. Weatherspoon gives Arizona a linebacker with the same physical and athletic traits as Dansby.

27. DALLAS COWBOYS

Dez Bryant, Wide receiver, Oklahoma State

Other needs: LT, S, WR, Youth on OL

Bryant won't slide to the Cowboys at 27, so look for Jerry Jones to move up if Bryant tumbles deep into the teens. Bryant has immaturity issues that are scaring teams off. Jones still regrets passing on Randy Moss.

28. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Jared Odrick, Defensive end, Penn State

Other needs: RB, NT, Blocking TE, CB

The Chargers need help up front, and Odrick falls into the category of best player available. The Big Ten's Defensive Player of the Year brings 304 pounds of run defense excellence to NFL's 20th-ranked run defense.

29. NEW YORK JETS

Patrick Robinson, Cornerback, Florida State

Other needs: C, CB, Pass rush, RB

There's a flat spot on this board from Nos. 29-32 where first-round talent runs out, and teams will be drafting what they consider second-round players. Look for the Jets to try to trade out. Failing there, give them Robinson.

30. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Jimmy Clausen, Quarterback, Notre Dame

Other needs: CB, S, DT, RB

The Vikings were hoping a cornerback would slide to them but instead hit the jackpot with the slide of Clausen. He gives them their QB of the future when Brett Favre finally does retire, probably in 2011.

31. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Rodger Saffold, Offensive tackle, Indiana

Other needs: OL, DL, 2 CB

The Colts released a starting guard (Ryan Lilja) this off-season, so there's an immediate opening on the AFC champions. Saffold has value in his versatility. Scouts think he can play center, guard or tackle.

32. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Brian Price, Defensive tackle, UCLA

Other needs: OLB, S, DT, Pass rusher

If the Saints want to repeat as NFC South champions, they must bulk up the defensive front to slow down the elite running backs at Atlanta and Carolina. Price was the Pac-10's Defensive Player of the Year.

Note: Carolina and Chicago, which follow, do not have first-round picks

BigRock
04-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Everyone had us taking Jackson last year. McShay, Senile Gil Brant, Kiper, everyone in their final mock.

Gosselin didn't just get the pick right, though, he also said something to the effect of "Pioli sees some Ty Warren in Tyson Jackson". Which was notable not just because everyone else in the world was making Richard Seymour comparisons, but because after the draft (I think on the Chiefs' site podcast) Pioli indeed compared Jackson to Warren.

So Gosselin appeared to be locked down on what KC was thinking. Whether it's because he talked to Pioli, or to Haley (who coached in Dallas), or because someone on the way out was leaking stuff as keg mentioned, is anyone's guess.

I guess this year will show if he's plugged into the Chiefs or not.

keg in kc
04-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Gosselin didn't just get the pick right, though, he also said something to the effect of "Pioli sees some Ty Warren in Tyson Jackson". Which was notable not just because everyone else in the world was making Richard Seymour comparisons, but because after the draft (I think on the Chiefs' site podcast) Pioli indeed compared Jackson to Warren.I still think it's possible that, eventually, either Jackson or Magee is going to end up being the nose tackle. I think they drafted them both with the idea that they'd both be starting inside of 3 years. Thought that the day it happened. Although there's been some quiet talk that they're putting Dorsey there (which I don't buy yet).

Saccopoo
04-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I still think it's possible that, eventually, either Jackson or Magee is going to end up being the nose tackle. I think they drafted them both with the idea that they'd both be starting inside of 3 years. Thought that the day it happened. Although there's been some quiet talk that they're putting Dorsey there (which I don't buy yet).

Nose tackle? In a 3-4? What?

Crennel is a purist 3-4 coach. No deviations. Period. He wants a ginormous fat body at the zero tech. 6'4", 305 lbs. DE's. Fast FS. A big Mike. He runs the absolute in terms of a 3-4 defense.

KCwolf
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I still think it's possible that, eventually, either Jackson or Magee is going to end up being the nose tackle. I think they drafted them both with the idea that they'd both be starting inside of 3 years. Thought that the day it happened. Although there's been some quiet talk that they're putting Dorsey there (which I don't buy yet).

After Rd. #1 I'm suprised/pleased @ Pioli's pick.....and happy. Waiting for Rd. 2