PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft *****OFFICIAL 2010 NFL Draft Thread*****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Here we go, all things draft for the next at least 3 days.

I think it's about time I started one of these things, hopefully I'll bring some good luck to the draft so we don't fuck this up.

Buck
04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
I think you guys are gonna take Tebow.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:27 AM

Do not defile my thread.

Buck
04-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Do not defile my thread.

Sorry. I think you'll choose Berry.

Mecca
That's better.

KCrockaholic
I can't help but be excited, and anyone who is a football fan should be excited.

BossChief
04-22-2010, 01:32 AM
In like Flynn!

Hopefully we are all like :clap:

....and not :cuss: by the end of the day!

ChiefJustice
04-22-2010, 01:33 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/215yc2.gif

Mecca
My thought is if you are ok with Okung or Berry you won't be upset, if you just want Berry...start eyeballing Mike Shanahan.

What time is our pick? That way I know when to log on and watch the bitchfest.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:34 AM

You know why this is fucked up?

A friend of mine always calls me the dude and says I remind him of that movie.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Pioli might have to watch his back if he passes on Berry. This fan base in general wants us to take Berry, badly. But we can't leave out the 40% or so that thinks OL is the way to go.

BossChief
04-22-2010, 01:36 AM

John Goodman is alive and well and wants us to draft Clausen!

kcxiv
04-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Ready to go, Dodgers game at 4pst, then 4:30, the draft, then 7:30 the Lakers game. Damn it. glad i got me a computer with 2 screens and my TV for the draft.

The MLB.TV for the Playstation 3 needs to hurry up and come out. End of the week. wuwu.

Fritz88
04-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I think it's about time I started one of these things, hopefully I'll bring some good luck to the draft so we don't **** this up.

I'll take that. I'll be superstitious for the next 3 days.

Fritz88
04-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Pioli might have to watch his back if he passes on Berry. This fan base in general wants us to take Berry, badly. But we can't leave out the 40% or so that thinks OL is the way to go.

Damn, I want the guy.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 03:17 AM
First in with the "DAMN IT PIOLI!!!"

big nasty kcnut
04-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Chiefs=Good well done mate.

Buck
04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
I would say I think the Chargers will get Ryan Matthews, but with AJ Smith, you never know.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 03:38 AM
I would say I think the Chargers will get Ryan Matthews, but with AJ Smith, you never know.

No Cody?

Fritz88
04-22-2010, 03:39 AM

AJ Smith drafts better than all of his AFC west counterparts.

Buck
04-22-2010, 03:40 AM
No Cody?

No, the Chargers have the #28 and #40, so I think they'll go RB with the 28 and hope that Cody falls to 40, and if he doesn't they'll take the next best player on the board.

Coach
04-22-2010, 03:54 AM
First in with "REACH!"

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:02 AM
IT'S CHRISTMAS BITCH
(yeah, nsfw)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8k0XUVW7e24&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8k0XUVW7e24&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"finger you in your booty hole/
till my finger smells like Fishmas"

LaChapelle
04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Coal or Cannoli?

Coach
04-22-2010, 04:53 AM
BUST!!!1111eleventyone111!!

Blick
04-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Fuck. Shefter is on Mike and Mike right now and he said Washington is looking to trade down and he also said that he wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a tackle and that they "might have something up their sleeve". Fucking great.

Fritz88
04-22-2010, 07:05 AM
****. Shefter is on Mike and Mike right now and he said Washington is looking to trade down and he also said that he wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a tackle and that they "might have something up their sleeve". ****ing great.

That's actually good news for us. Anyone wanting to trade up would take the least expensive option, 5 is less than 4. Redskins will not take Clausen which is the hottest commodity for a trade. So he will be there at 5.

ChiefMojo
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Knowing Schefter and his ties to the Shannyrat, I wouldn't be surprised he is in full smokescreen **** with you mode.

Gonzo
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
I was going to start this thread but then I said to myself, "self, one of the draftubators needs to do that."

I am happy it ended up being King Draftubator, sir. It will bring us good mojo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Do not defile my thread.

LMAO

Sofa King
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Bring on Berry!!!

http://www.tshirtwatch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/halle-berry-wet-shirt.jpg

LetsSignRussell
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
FOUND IT

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Rep to anyone who can silence Michael Lombardi and his efforts to sabotage our draft again. I see he just picked Berry for Washington. I hate Lombardi.

Nixhex
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4673/ericname.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/40/110882264_3ddcfc39e2.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
MOTHERFUCK YOU SCOTT PIOLI! MOTHER FUCK YOUZ!

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
i am accomplishing jack shite at work

RealSNR
04-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Clausen, Berry, or GTFO

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Same here, and I have a bunch of stuff to do because I'm taking Friday off AND I have to get out of here by 6:30 tonight to watch the draft. :cuss:

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM

This.

KChiefs1
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
My thought is if you are ok with Okung or Berry you won't be upset, if you just want Berry...start eyeballing Mike Shanahan.

To me it's a no-brainer that "IF" Berry isn't there at #5 that you have to take the best OT on the board & that's Okung for me.

Sure I want Berry but I'm not messing up my draft by trading up to get him but if I can't trade down...I take the best OT on the board.

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I liked it SO much better when the draft started Saturday morning. That was like Christmas Part II. Set up my spread, plop down on the sofa and just watch TV all day and night.

This breaking it up into thirds and during the week sucks.

OnTheWarpath15
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Clausen, Berry, or GTFO

This.

Pioli really has no excuse. Even if Berry was to go before us, he still has a franchise QB available to take at 5.

But he won't do it, and if Berry's gone we waste yet another Top 5 pick on a player that will never have the chance to live up to his draft slot.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I liked it SO much better when the draft started Saturday morning. That was like Christmas Part II. Set up my spread, plop down on the sofa and just watch TV all day and night.

This breaking it up into thirds and during the week sucks.Yeah, this is going to be like the longest day ever. This really does suck.

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Clausen, Berry, or GTFO

Or to be really greedy, if Clausen falls:

Clausen AND Berry or GTFO. :D

OnTheWarpath15
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah, this is going to be like the longest day ever. This really does suck.

Tomorrow has the potential to be interesting, though. Could be some trades during the day.

Teams are going to have the entire day to re-assess their boards, and actually have the time to work out deals to move around.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM

LMAO Me too because I am on here and excited. I should have just taken the day off.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh and btw I was watching the ESPN draft crew last night and they said they expect all 4 QB's to be taken in the first round. yes that includes Tim Tebow. I don't know if they are full of shit or what.

chiefs1111
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Oh and btw I was watching the ESPN draft crew last night and they said they expect all 4 QB's to be taken in the first round. yes that includes Tim Tebow. I don't know if they are full of shit or what.

It is possible. I could see Buffalo possibly trading back into the late first to take Tebow. The Vikings could also take Colt McCoy at number 30.

KChiefs1
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
ESPN INSIDER LATEST MOCK DRAFT

St. Louis RamsRecord: 1-15
Sam Bradford QB, OklahomaThe bottom line with Bradford is he's done everything possible to reclaim the same status he held last year before he opted not to go pro. He would have been, in my mind, the top pick in last year's draft. And given that St. Louis has passed on Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez in the past two drafts, they feel comfortable pulling the trigger on Bradford. Sure there are concerns about the system Bradford came from, and the adjustments he'll have to make, but if the Rams don't expect him to be a savior from Day One, they could have a special player.

Detroit LionsRecord: 2-14
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Detroit has made some moves to upgrade along the defensive line, but that doesn't mean they should reach on an offensive tackle, or trade the pick away, both things they could consider. If they remain here, Suh is the obvious choice, a player who can be dominant in any system. He immediately helps both the pass and rush defense, and he has the relentelessness and character the francise needs to build around.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersRecord: 3-13
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

McCoy may be the best all-around talent in the draft, a defensive lineman that can seemingly do it all. McCoy is a gap-penetrating 3-technique that fits Tampa's system beautifully. McCoy is sturdy versus the run and disruptive against the pass.

Washington RedskinsRecord: 4-12
Trent Williams, T, Oklahoma

Williams is the first big surprise of the first round, but his status won't surprise those making the picks in the middle of the Top 10. Through the workout process both at the combine and individually with teams, he's proven himself to be perhaps the most versatile talent in the draft at any position. You're talking about a guy NFL teams believe could play virtually anywhere on the offensive line. That many believe he can develop into a solid NFL left tackle is cause for his continued rise.

Kansas City ChiefsRecord: 4-12
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

A tough call only because the Chiefs have needs all over the field. But Berry is a supreme talent, a guy capable of becoming a perennial Pro Bowl player in a league that places more and more importance on the safety position. The Ed Reed comparisons hold up, but Berry won't have to wait four a couple hours, like Reed, to hear his name called.

Seattle SeahawksRecord: 5-11
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma StateSeattle will be tickled to find Okung here. They need to find the heir to the great Walter Jones on the left side of the offensive line, and Okung is the steadiest player at the position in the draft. Okung gains value because he should be able to take over the position immediately. An easy pick for the Hawks.

Cleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia TechMorgan has the versatility to be effective in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 from the defensive end position. He's relentless as a pass-rusher, even against the double-team, and he maintains leverage to be strong against the run. It's rare to find a player who seems to understand what a coach needs from his position the way Morgan does, and he can be a help to the Browns immediately.

Oakland RaidersRecord: 5-11
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre DameAt this writing, Oakland still holds the No. 8 pick. Obviously, we know there's plenty of intrigue and discussions about how Pittsburgh could end up here. However, given their circumstances, Clausen represents the possible franchise quarterback that Al Davis covets, and if the Steelers were to somehow end up here, certainly Clausen could be within their sights as well.

Buffalo BillsRecord: 6-10
Anthony Davis, OT, RutgersDavis not only has as much upside as any player in the draft, but he plays a position the Bills simply must address. It's that simple. If Davis lives up to his potential, you have a Pro Bowl left tackle for years to come. Even if he takes some time to develop, he's better than what the Bills have now. You can't truly evaluate a quarterback until you give him a chance, and Davis is a good start.

Jacksonville JaguarsRecord: 7-9
C.J. Spiller, RB, ClemsonI don't think Spiller represents the greatest need for the Jags. This is a team who couldn't get near opposing quarterbacks last season on defense. However, given that the team has tried to upgrade at defensive end via free agency, Spiller offers the most explosive offensive talent for an offense that needs it. He may may not be Jacksonville's top overall need, but Spiller is a player who can pay dividends.

Denver Broncos (from Chicago)Record: 7-9
Rolando McClain, LB, AlabamaMcClain is the ideal inside linebacker to quarterback the defense, a player that shows instincts beyond his years. He's been coached well. Some will consider this a slight reach, but McClain fits the scheme well, can step in immediately, and flat-out makes tackles. He doesn't overwhelm you with speed, but he's an exceptional, instinctive football player.

Miami DolphinsRecord:7-9
Sergio Kindle, OLB, TexasThere's a lot of talk that the Dolphins could trade down from this pick, but if they remain, Kindle is the versatile outside linebacker they could put in alongside Karlos Dansby. Kindle isn't a remarkable pass-rusher, but shows skills there, combined with necessary length and strength against the run. And he might add more size. The success of Brian Orakpo last year from a similar draft position certainly won't hurt Kindle.

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 8-8
Bryan Bulaga, OT, IowaThere's a chance Bulaga could be converted to the right side from his college position of left tackle, but that's precisely what the 49ers should be thinking. They need a right tackle, and with Trent Williams no longer available, taking arguably the best pass-blocker on the board and switching him to the right side is a recipe for immediate success.

Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)Record: 5-11
Earl Thomas, S, TexasSeattle has invested in the safety position with not much to show for it over the last couple of years. In Thomas, they should be thrilled to find perhaps the most instinctive player in the draft still here at No. 14. Thomas is a ball hawk who is seemingly everywhere on the field, and will make big plays in coverage for the Seahawks. A great value.

New York GiantsRecord: 8-8
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, MissouriA big jump for Weatherspoon, but even at No. 15, he's just the tackling machine the Giants should be looking for to shore up their linebacking corp. Weatherspoon is in the mold of Dansby, a player who lined up on the outside in college but is an easy convert to a 4-3.

Tennessee TitansRecord: 8-8
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South FloridaDon't simply write off Pierre-Paul as some kind of over-valued physical specimen. There's enough tape on him to prove he can get to the passer, and his off-the-charts physical attributes will have every defensive-minded coach in the league excited to work with him. Jeff Fisher certainly fits the mold.

San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)Record: 8-8
Joe Haden, CB, FloridaThere was a time when San Francisco would have considered the idea that Haden could fall to them -- at No. 13 -- absolutely impossible. Yet an unremarkable forty and just okay workouts seem to have shifted the image on Haden. But don't be fooled. If tape alone told the story, he still would be, by leaps, the best corner in the draft this year. He's a solid value at No. 17.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 9-7
Maurkice Pouncey, G/C, FloridaRegardless of what happens at the quarterback position, the Steelers are determined to return to a physical running game, and that starts with reclaiming dominance on the interior of their offensive line. Pouncey has versatility as either a center or guard, and has the skills and tenacity to step in and help from Day One.

Atlanta FalconsRecord: 9-7
Brandon Graham, DE, MichiganI'll repeat again that Graham is as productive a player as you'll find in the draft. He led the nation in tackles for loss, even as opposing offenses targeted him. His battle was proving he was more than a potential 3-4 outside linebacker. Well, the proof is here. Graham has the leverage to be disruptive against the run, and his ability to disrupt the backfield as a pass-rusher is unquestioned.

Houston TexansRecord: 9-7
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.Mathews continues to move up as a running back that we knew had the physical capability to handle between-the-tackle running, but has shown as well the ability to run away from defenders (with the forty times to back it up). The fact is, while Houston could also use a corner, Mathews solves a problem. They need a feature back who they can trust to be physical and also hold onto the ball.

Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 10-6
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma StateCharacter questions finally have caught up a little bit with Bryant. He is, without question, the most gifted player at his position in this draft, but he'll need to prove his professionalism can match his skills. The Bengals offer an ideal situation, where Bryant can be thrust into a system with great leadership at quarterback, and players to learn from at receiver. Cincy needs to add weapons and depth in the passing game, and Bryant can't be missed here.

New England PatriotsRecord: 10-6
Jermaine Gresham, TE, OklahomaNew England just added another wideout with Torry Holt, and Gresham is the top tight end they'd be able to add through the draft. With age questions finally creeping up on Randy Moss, and the health of Wes Welker also an issue, Gresham should be a quick study and a favorite target of Tom Brady soon enough.

Green Bay PackersRecord: 11-5
Mike Iupati, G, IdahoYou really won't find a player who was more consistently dominant in 2009 than Iupati. And questions about the level of the players he dominated were tossed aside when he battered other players in this draft during the postseason. There's a feeling among evaluators that this is a player who will help you run the ball better the second he's added to the lineup. Iupati can add pass-protection skills, but as a true guard, he's an absolute mauler.

Philadelphia EaglesRecord: 11-5
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise StateWilson is a technician at the cornerback position, and should be a great help for Andy Reid in the defensive backfield, which we know is an area of need. There's a thought that Philly could pull the trigger on (or even trade up for) a safety, but Wilson is an exceptionl value here. Another very safe pick.

Baltimore RavensRecord: 9-7
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia TechEvery indication out of Baltimore is that this organization is committed to finding more talent in the passing game -- they want help for Joe Flacco. Thomas offers a chance to find a downfield target that can grow with the big-armed QB. He has the ability to make plays when little is there, and he showed it in college within a system where he was the only true weapon in the passing game, and still couldn't be stopped. A big, physical home run threat.

Arizona CardinalsRecord: 10-6
Dan Williams, DT, TennesseeWilliams fills a need as an interior anchor in the 3-4. He's a tremendously strong player, starting with exceptional drive from his lower body, and he can occupy blockers in the same manner he did in Knoxville. Mostly, Williams is a disruptive force against the run and is a great help to linebackers. He can actually help minimize the loss of Dansby.

Dallas CowboysRecord: 11-5
Rodger Saffold, OT, IndianaCowboys fans should keep January in mind if Jerry Jones pulls the trigger on Saffold on Thursday. Dallas was done in by their inability to protect Tony Romo during the playoffs, and the team must find the best pass-blocker available here. Remember, Saffold dealt with the likes of Brandon Graham, O'Brien Schofield and Corey Wootton during Big Ten play, and proved his worth. He continues to rise because he can protect the quarterback, and Dallas needs that type of player.

San Diego ChargersRecord: 13-3
Kareem Jackson, CB, AlabamaJackson has closed the gap on Wilson and Haden among cornerbacks in the draft since the end of the college season. He has good size, has battled top talent, and has impressed scouts with his coverage skills and fluidity. The Chargers need to fill a void at corner, and Jackson is an easy answer.

New York JetsRecord: 9-7
Linval Joseph, DT, East CarolinaThe secret is officially out on Joseph, a player teams have been quiet about, hoping they could move him up their own boards with little fanfare. But the Jets should pull the trigger. Joseph was hugely productive at East Carolina in every facet of the game, and at over 6-4 and 320-plus pounds, he moves like a guy that could play anywhere along the line in Rex Ryan's 3-4. The fastest-rising prospect in the first round.

Minnesota VikingsRecord: 12-4
Tim Tebow, QB, FloridaI can't promise it'll be here, but my gut tells me Tebow could end up somewhere late in the first round, even as high as No. 22. I'm on the record about what I think are obvious issues in his game as it projects to the NFL, but Tebow has, to his credit, already shown an ability to adapt. He has the intangibles of a No. 1 overall pick, but the key was showing teams he has the promise of potential franchise quarterback. And while I'm not totally sold, this should reflect my belief that some are. With Brett Favre likely returning, the Vikes have a chance to prepare a young talent.

Indianapolis ColtsRecord: 14-2
Jerry Hughes, DE, TCUIf Indy has designs on keeping their devastating pass-rush intact for years to come, they can't do better than drafting one of the best pure pass-rushers the draft has to offer. Hughes even has the slightly undersized look of Dwight Freeney when the Colts nabbed him out of Syracuse. Hugely productive at TCU, he's a natural fit in the Colts' system.

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 14-2
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn StateAn interior lineman isn't necessarily the top need for the Saints, but getting a potentially outstanding 5-technique like Odrick is as safe a pick as you can get at this stage. Odrick can both occupy defenders or be disruptive, and fits perfectly into the Saints' 4-3.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:13 AM
It is possible. I could see Buffalo possibly trading back into the late first to take Tebow. The Vikings could also take Colt McCoy at number 30.

I am just kind of surprised McCoy or Tebow are thought as first round picks.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
JFC....Linval Joseph is a 1st round pick now?

Frosty
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I liked it SO much better when the draft started Saturday morning. That was like Christmas Part II.

It's still like Christmas for me. I am excited, even though I fully expect to get socks and underwear.

Bill Lundberg
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/eagles-looking-to-move-way-up/

Eagles looking to move way up?

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 12:41 PM ET
Last week we passed along a report (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/16/eagles-want-to-trade-up-for-a-safety/) from Peter King of SI.com that the Philadelphia Eagles could be looking to move up as high as the 12th overall pick to draft a safety. But a new report says the Eagles could be moving up even higher than that.

Derrin Horton of NFL Network, who's stationed at the Eagles' headquarters this week, reported that there have been discussions of the Eagles moving up as high as the fifth overall pick, which is owned by the Kansas City Chiefs, or 10th overall, with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Horton confirmed King's report that the Eagles covet safeties Eric Berry (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5623) of Tennessee and Earl Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5703) of Texas, But he also said that if the Eagles move way up, they'd do so to go after a defensive end, either Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5710) or South Florida's Jason Pierre-Paul (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5681).

On draft day, there are a lot more reports of trades than there are actual trades, so it's entirely possible that the Eagles will stay put. But there's plenty of buzz that they want to move up.

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Nooooooooo

scho63
04-22-2010, 11:14 AM
99% of everyone on the board wants Berry or Okung.

But what about our second pick? What position do people think we will go after and who do you like?

I'm for a WR or OT if we pick Berry and would like to see either Golden Tate or Mardy Gilliard as our WR. As for as OT, it's hard to tell who is going to be left once we get to our second pick.

Frosty
04-22-2010, 11:18 AM

But what about our second pick? What position do people think we will go after and who do you like?

I'm for a WR or OT if we pick Berry and would like to see either Golden Tate or Mardy Gilliard as our WR. As for as OT, it's hard to tell who is going to be left once we get to our second pick.

A pass rushing OLB if there is one there.

EyePod
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
What time is our pick? That way I know when to log on and watch the bitchfest.

I haven't been around for a while. Who are you gunning for this year Mecca? I know you were all Sanchezzy last year...

EyePod
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Once one goes everyone else gets nervous. Remember when Flacco got taken in the 1st? Or all those receivers last year?

EyePod
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I am just kind of surprised McCoy or Tebow are thought as first round picks.

I still state here that McCoy will be the best QB out of this draft. I've been saying it for 2 years now!

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 11:30 AM

it would push more talent down though

EyePod
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Mort had a tweet today that Raiders will draft Darrius Heyward-Bey again this year. :)

Mecca
04-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Why is our media so stupid?

I just listened to Petro pimp basically everything for the Chiefs but Berry.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
God damn double post.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Petro is being a little bitch.

Titty Meat
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Petro has been pimping Suh. lol

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Suh will not fall to us... He's the best prospect in this draft, and if we are serious about using Dorsey as our NT, Suh would be a stupid pick because we would make him a 5-tech, and Suh can play NT if asked. Trust me.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
He basically said trade down/front 7 defensive player then followed that with, if I'm wrong it's an OT.

He apparently doesn't think we need any safeties as he pimped for picks, OT, WR, LB's and CB.

He then went into his tangent that Brandon Carr sucks.

Titty Meat
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
He basically said trade down/front 7 defensive player then followed that with, if I'm wrong it's an OT.

He apparently doesn't think we need any safeties as he pimped for picks, OT, WR, LB's and CB.

He then went into his tangent that Brandon Carr sucks.

He's right about one thing.

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
He's right about one thing.
Yup. He's right about the trade down.

MMXcalibur
04-22-2010, 01:01 PM
If Kansas City were to trade down with Philadelphia, what do you think KC would get in return for the #5 pick?

In any case, I'd love to see KC draft Berry rather than trade down. Berry, Flowers and Carr? Yes please.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM

He then went into his tangent that Brandon Carr sucks.He sounded to me like he was describing what he thought they would do based on Pioli's history, not what he believed they should do. But I was only half-listening.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
If Kansas City were to trade down with Philadelphia, what do you think KC would get in return for the #5 pick?

In any case, I'd love to see KC draft Berry rather than trade down. Berry, Flowers and Carr? Yes please.

We'd better get both of their 2nd round picks.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM
He sounded to me like he was describing what he thought they would do based on Pioli's history, not what he believed they should do. But I was only half-listening.

I'm not sure about that, Petro is the guy who doesn't discuss Berry because he thinks you should never use a 1st round pick on a safety.

He basically tried to offset his OT claim with "Pioli just hasn't taken an OT high because NE wasn't in position to do so"

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Fuck man.....I still gotta wait 4 more GD hours before it even starts. JFC

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, this day is just dragging the fuck on.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I really wish they didn't have to mess with the draft schedule. Waiting til 5:30 Mountain time is a drag.

Ralphy Boy
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM

U sure that wasn't Path to the Draft. Mayock said that last night.

I'm not sure about that, Petro is the guy who doesn't discuss Berry because he thinks you should never use a 1st round pick on a safety.

He basically tried to offset his OT claim with "Pioli just hasn't taken an OT high because NE wasn't in position to do so"

One of you should set him straight. Drew Bledsoe was sacked 45 times in 2000 and they drafted Seymour at 6 the following year. He was in a position when he had a need and he didn't draft an OT until #48 in Matt Light.

Sully
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Doubt he'd fall that far, but I covet Jerry Hughes.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
La Canfora basically said on their Pre-Draft show that it's becoming more and more possible that the Redskins are going to take Eric Berry with the #4 and that teams are starting to adjust their own strategies as such.

I hope it's not true...but I'm anticipating doom.

And BTW, I hope the Rat enjoys watching Larry Johnson pick up the rush from the left side. And if they pick Berry, I hope McNabb gets snapped on the first play.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
They just can't do that, with no 2nd round pick, and the move for McNabb and the worst OL in the league, it would make no damn sense.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
If that happens.....FML.

notorious
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I love the old-school broadcasts from the 80's drafts. It sounds like they are hosting it in a bar and the commish is a stand up comedian. LMAO

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
So us beating Washington last year could really come back to bite us in the ass...

CosmicPal
04-22-2010, 01:35 PM
La Canfora basically said on their Pre-Draft show that it's becoming more and more possible that the Redskins are going to take Eric Berry with the #4 and that teams are starting to adjust their own strategies as such.

It's a bluff. The Skins only have 4 picks in this years draft and they need a LT to protect McNabb. I very much doubt they take Berry when they only have 4 picks and when they need a LT.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM

And BTW, I hope the Rat enjoys watching Larry Johnson pick up the rush from the left side. And if they pick Berry, I hope McNabb gets snapped on the first play.

Fuck. I just can't believe that. They have zero tackles worth starting for them and no 2nd or 3rd round picks.

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
They just can't do that, with no 2nd round pick, and the move for McNabb and the worst OL in the league, it would make no damn sense.

From LaCanfora's blog:

The Redskins still could end up taking a left tackle at No. 4, but they might look to the trade market for that. Dealing DT Albert Haynesworth for a second- or a third-round pick would allow them to get in the ballpark for a move at a restricted free agent tackle such Jammal Brown of the Saints.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
From LaCanfora's blog:

The Redskins still could end up taking a left tackle at No. 4, but they might look to the trade market for that. Dealing DT Albert Haynesworth for a second- or a third-round pick would allow them to get in the ballpark for a move at a restricted free agent tackle such Jammal Brown of the Saints.

They fucking better hurry up if they're going to pull it off. I still don't understand why they wouldn't offer up a pick next year for Brown or Gaither.

CaliforniaChief

If that happens.....FML.

That's what I'm thinking too. It could be that Lombardi starts by reporting it and all of the sudden everyone's running with it.

And then some douche starts spreading it on message boards. :D

Maybe they're putting it out there because they think Cleveland is convinced that we are going OL and that Berry is theirs.

rad

I hate Shanahan.........It's part of the reason I can't watch "American Pickers" with the wife......dude on there looks just like him. Beady eyed, rat lookin' fuck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I didn't beat off for four straight days, just so that my skin could build up for 3 straight days of drafturbating.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I didn't beat off for four straight days, just so that my skin could build up for 3 straight days of drafturbating.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

And THAT'S why I voted for you.

Rep.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
National Football Post final mock.

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
The Rams get their potential franchise quarterback.

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Detroit has needs all over but opts for the draft’s top overall prospect.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Tampa Bay seems content to select whichever stud defensive tackle is still left on the board.

4. Washington Redskins: Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee
We’re hearing it might not be an offensive tackle and that Berry could end up being the pick.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
With questions along the offensive line, Kansas City opts for Okung over Trent Williams.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Tampa Bay seems content to select whichever stud defensive tackle is still left on the board.

We’re hearing it might not be an offensive tackle and that Berry could end up being the pick.

With questions along the offensive line, Kansas City opts for Okung over Trent Williams.

Once again.....FML

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM

http://bagnewsnotes.typepad.com/bagnews/images/Anguish-Patch.jpg

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I think if the first four falls like that, we'll trade down for a box of kleenex and two red bulls, instead of taking a tackle.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Once again.....FML

Pest I'm worried about you. Do you have your nitroglycerin nearby? You've still got 3.5 hours left. Plus waiting for Shanahan to screw us over.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
On an unrelated note, I love that I turn on 810 for their "Live draft coverage starting at 2!!!!" and they're talking to Gary fucking Pinkel.

Although even that travesty wasn't enough to make me turn to the abortion of a show on 610 right now.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Pest I'm worried about you. Do you have your nitroglycerin nearby? You've still got 3.5 hours left. Plus waiting for Shanahan to screw us over.

LMAO......just imagine this.

When the Chiefs are finally on the clock....I'm going to be stuck on the freeway in traffic. The Chiefs pick Okung....and I turn my truck into the nearest car on the road.....causing a 40 car pileup.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
If you read the comments about his mock they are laughing at the Skins if they make this pick. It just doesn't make sense.

Coogs
04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
So us beating Washington last year could really come back to bite us in the ass...

Yep. Or the Denver win at the end. Either one.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 01:54 PM

When the Chiefs are finally on the clock....I'm going to be stuck on the freeway in traffic. The Chiefs pick Okung....and I turn my truck into the nearest car on the road.....causing a 40 car pileup.

ROFL

Just remember, my friend...friends don't let Chiefs fans drive on Draft Day.

I've got baseball practice for my son...am going to go on "media blackout" and watch it on DVR when I get home.

redshirt32
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
aghh its draft time again
havent really paid much attention this year so i will sit back on the sidelines and rant and or cuss with the rest of you
what happens here if we draft a QB at the no 5 spot LOL
this will be a very intresting draft this year hope they get it right for once
Go Chiefs!

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM

When the Chiefs are finally on the clock....I'm going to be stuck on the freeway in traffic. The Chiefs pick Okung....and I turn my truck into the nearest car on the road.....causing a 40 car pileup.You have a heart attack right as Goodell names the pick, expiring as you hear "with the 5th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select E-"

You die happy, thinking it's Eric Berry.

Only to wake up in hell and learn it was Everson Griffen in a shocker.

Mecca
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
On an unrelated note, I love that I turn on 810 for their "Live draft coverage starting at 2!!!!" and they're talking to Gary fucking Pinkel.

Although even that travesty wasn't enough to make me turn to the abortion of a show on 610 right now.

Gary Pinkel is now a part of draft coverage!

God save us.

KCrockaholic
Yep. Or the Denver win at the end. Either one.

I'll take beating Denver in Denver rather than beating Washington and losing to Denver. You know what I'm sayin?

-King-

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
You have a heart attack right as Goodell names the pick, expiring as you hear "with the 5th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select E-"

You die happy, thinking it's Eric Berry.

Only to wake up in hell and learn it was Everson Griffen in a shocker.

Shit...I'd rather see Everson Griffen instead of an OT.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Gary Pinkel is now a part of draft coverage!

God save us.

Maybe he will 'spread' out this draft for us.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Shit...I'd rather see Everson Griffen instead of an OT.I think I'd rather see a punter than an OT.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I think I'd rather see a punter than an OT.

How dare you give competition to thunderfoot

Jethopper
I'd hope we draft Reesing in the 2nd....

Jethopper
I'd hope we draft Reesing in the 2nd....

Oops I ment Dan Williams.... I get those two confused.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
How dare you give competition to thunderfootCan't ever have too many punters.

Coogs
I'll take beating Denver in Denver rather than beating Washington and losing to Denver. You know what I'm sayin?

Oh yeah. Thing is, we had pick #3 locked up going into week 17. Nice win... but in the grand scheme of things it will be forgotten years from now... Berry will be a HOFer... and we will wind up with John Tait II.

the Talking Can
one more hour and i'm out of here...thank jesus

i need to go buy ammo to shoot my face off when we draft another LT

-King-
04-22-2010, 02:02 PM
The anxiety is going to kill me. I'm going to sleep for the next 3.5 hours.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah. Thing is, we had pick #3 locked up going into week 17. Nice win... but in the grand scheme of things it will be forgotten years from now... Berry will be a HOFer... and we will wind up with John Tait II.Hey now! John Tait was great!!!!

Once we brought in a real left tackle and he was playing fifth man on the line to Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann and Shields.

teedubya
04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
And with the 5th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Chiefs draft.... "WTF IS THIS?"

Coogs
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey now! John Tait was great!!!!

Once we brought in a real left tackle and he was playing fifth man on the line to Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann and Shields.

Exactly! ;)

Titty Meat
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Per Arrowhead pride Pioli says trade chart is outdated. Watch us get ripped off.

-King-
04-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Adam Schefter didn't mention us as teams wanting to move back.

raybec 4
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Just about 4 hours until the Chiefs nation collectively screams "Who?....Awww GawdDammit Scott!"

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Fuck man......3.5 hours left until I have a heart attack.

-King-
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Roger Gooddell "With the 5th pick of the 2010 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..." *looks over to the Chiefs table* "seriously?"

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
**** man......3.5 hours left until I have a heart attack.

At this pace I'll be thrilled if you make it another hour. :D

raybec 4
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
**** man......3.5 hours left until I have a heart attack.

Just remember, you can survive until the end of the first round if it's a heart attack, If it's a stroke you probably ought to get to the hospital.

Pioli Zombie
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Thank God no more "Gee guys will they get Clausen?" Talk.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
So do you guys think we'll get Clausen?

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
At this pace I'll be thrilled if you make it another hour. :D

Dude....just wait. :D

IF we take Berry at #5.....it's going to be holding my breath to see how far Clausen falls and if we trade up for him.

raybec 4
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Gee I hope so

ChiefRon
The skins better not take Berry, cause I have no faith that we would then do the only logical thing: Clausen.

In that scenario, I have a gut feeling it would be Okung or Williams.

Dammit Scott!

Reaper16
Thank God no more "Gee guys will they get Clausen?" Talk.

Win

raybec 4
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The skins better not take Berry, cause I have no faith that we would then do the only logical thing: Clausen.

In that scenario, I have a gut feeling it would be Okung or Williams.

Dammit Scott!

that's the spirit

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I have this sinking feeling that it's going to go down like this.

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Redskins - T. Williams
Chiefs - Berry
Seahawks - Okung

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Congratulations everyone, DaKCMan AP is here.

ArrowheadHawk
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Redskins - T. Williams
Chiefs - Berry
Seahawks - OkungSinking? Looks good to me.

Ralphy Boy
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM

If it actually goes that way, we will try like hell to trade down. If we can't, I won't be shocked if we take Clausen.

ChiefRon
04-22-2010, 02:19 PM

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Redskins - T. Williams
Chiefs - Berry
Seahawks - Okung

I hope you're right. I have a sinking feeling it's going to be more like:

Rams - Bradford
Lions - Suh
Bucs - McCoy
Browns - Berry
Chiefs - Okung
Seahawks - Clausen
Redskins - Williams

I like yours much better.

KChiefs1
Chiefs will end up with Berry & Clausen the 1st round tonight.

ChiefRon
If it actually goes that way, we will try like hell to trade down. If we can't, I won't be shocked if we take Clausen.

I will be shocked and ecstatic!

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Why do people still have Clausen going to the Seahawks? They traded for Whitehurst and paid him.....Clausen is not going to be their choice.

chiefs1111
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM

That would be awesome

ChiefRon
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Why do people still have Clausen going to the Seahawks? They traded for Whitehurst and paid him.....Clausen is not going to be their choice.

I have a feeling PC loves him. I could very well be wrong...

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I have a feeling PC loves him. I could very well be wrong...

So they traded for Charlie Whitehurst and signed him to a $20 million dollar contract. And then they're going to go out and draft Clausen and then pay him a $40 million dollar contract? Not logical.

raybec 4
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
So they traded for Charlie Whitehurst and signed him to a $20 million dollar contract. And then they're going to go out and draft Clausen and then pay him a $40 million dollar contract? Not logical.

Is it any less logical than the Chiefs giving Mark Hardcastle his casharoo and then drafting a 1st round QB the next year?

Chief Chief
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Reference: NFL Trade Draft Value Chart

TEAM ROUND PICK # POINT VALUE

KC 1 5 1700

PHI 1 24 740
PHI 2 37 530
PHI 2 55 350
PHI 3 70 240
PHI 3 87 155
PHI 4 105 84

WASH 1 4 1800

Philly would have to give us their 24th, 37th, 70th, and 87th picks
(740+530+240+155=1665 total) or substitute one or two of those picks with equivalent (or better) round picks in next year's draft (i.e., this year's 24th, 37th, and 87th plus next year's 3rd round pick).

If they want to jump over us to get the Redskins' 4th pick, they would need to give up their 24th, 37th, 55th, and 87th (or some combination roughly equating to 1800 points) to an opponent in their own division.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Is it any less logical than the Chiefs giving Mark Hardcastle his casharoo and then drafting a 1st round QB the next year?

I knew it was coming.

It's logical for that to happen because of the way that his contract was worked.

Chief Chief

Please, please, PLEASE explain how in the hell that would happen.

Rain Man
Has it started yet?

ChiefRon
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Most teams place an emphasis on QB.

Like I said, I could be wrong. Maybe Seahawks take the tackle @ 6 and hope Clausen falls to 14...or maybe they're not thinking Clausen at all like most other people think...

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Most teams place an emphasis on QB.

Like I said, I could be wrong. Maybe Seahawks take the tackle @ 6 and hope Clausen falls to 14...or maybe they're not thinking Clausen at all like most other people think...

I honestly see them going with an OT and Spiller if they can work it out.

ChiefRon
04-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Then we both agree it will be OL help and an offensive playmaker for them...

Jerm
04-22-2010, 02:36 PM
So I wake up to Berry to Washington rumors....ugh. Think its just a smokescreen to get Cleveland to move up.

Eiher way I'm starting to get a sick feeling.

Mr. Flopnuts
San Diego beat writer on NFLN is saying he thinks the Chargers are going with Brian Price in the first round. That could lead to Mount Cody falling to our 2A pick. He's definitely my first choice for nose.

Buehler445
Oh yeah. Thing is, we had pick #3 locked up going into week 17. Nice win... but in the grand scheme of things it will be forgotten years from now... Berry will be a HOFer... and we will wind up with John Tait II.

I'm going to remember that embarrassing beat down of the donko bitchcunts for a long long time.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Absolutely. I'd be shocked if it went any other way.

LetsSignRussell
I'm going in with no expectations and whatever happens. HAPPENS and thats player will be a beast. and not another flop

CanadaKC
why is it that it's ok for washington to take Berry at 4...but we're out of our minds to take him at 5? :spock:

Bill Lundberg
04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
why is it that it's ok for washington to take Berry at 4...but we're out of our minds to take him at 5? :spock:

Slowly back away from the keyboard. Then smash it.

Chief Chief
04-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Adam Teicher: What a FRICKIN' MORON!

He was on 610 this morning facing the posed situation of the 49ers trading their 1st round picks for KC's #5 (value: 1700 points). First of all he didn't have any reference handy as to which selections SF held (13th & 17th, valued at 1150 & 950 [2100 total]). Then he ecstatically was in favor of the trade, justifying it by saying KC would have 2 players with a good chance of starting rather than 1 player who just might turn out to be a bust. YOU BUFFOON! SF isn't going to give up that much value. The only way this trade happens is if KC throws in their 50th pick (value: 400).

Next time, Teicher, bring the tools of the trade (so to speak) with you so it won't be so obvious that you're a DUMBASS DOUCHEBAG!

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 02:43 PM

Great point. Lombardi (grrrr) says "Yeah, Washington has needs on the OL but they can address those later in the draft." Then he says "The Chiefs need to bolster their offensive line." I'd put our OL against Washington's any day.

Chiefnj2
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
latest from jeremiah:

# RT @larryemcdaniel: what exactly are you hearing about mcclain?> He's behind Weatherspoon on most draft boards 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# If SD really wants Ryan Mathews, they are going to have to up to get him... 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# RT @MrMichael_Smith: Mike Holmgren just told me he's calling the Rams one last time about #1. Willing to deal most of 2010 picks, pick(s ... 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# RT @ericdickens: why the free fall for McClain to #32 in ur latest mock draft?> Half what I saw, Half what I'm hearing 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# RT @KNegandhiESPN: How many 5th rdrs r out there?!!!>> No doubt, 5th rounders are being shopped as we tweet!! #NFLDRAFT 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# Lots of rumors with top 3 but I would be shocked if it isn't Bradford, Suh, McCoy... 39 minutes ago via TweetDeck
# don't have names but I'm hearing there are a ton of players being shopped for picks right now

CosmicPal
04-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Great point. Lombardi (grrrr) says "Yeah, Washington has needs on the OL but they can address those later in the draft."

Not when they only have 4 picks in the draft. There will be a run on Offensive Linemen in the first/second round. If the Skins don't take one with their first pick, then they've phucked themselves out of a legit lineman.

notorious
04-22-2010, 02:48 PM
NFL networks last mock had us picking Trent Williams.

I will go nuclear is this fucking happens.

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 02:50 PM
# RT @MrMichael_Smith: Mike Holmgren just told me he's calling the Rams one last time about #1. Willing to deal most of 2010 picks, pick(s ... 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

:eek:

Delano
Black shirt and bright blue tie? Die in a fire, Irvin.

CaliforniaChief
Not when they only have 4 picks in the draft. There will be a run on Offensive Linemen in the first/second round. If the Skins don't take one with their first pick, then they've phucked themselves out of a legit lineman.

Oh I agree with you 100%. Donovan McNabb has to be on the phone right now with the Rat. He knows that the only thing between him and death right now is Larry Johnson picking up a blitz.

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
my day is over

booya

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
This can't get here fast enough. Please Please Please Redskins don't take Berry you fucking assholes

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
My fucking marriage didn't last as long as these hours leading up to the draft seem to be.

Christofire
04-22-2010, 02:54 PM
My prediction is that we won't be giddy tonight.
We're #5.
There are only four elite guys.
No one's going to be scrambling to trade for our pick
And even if they do trade with us, we won't get the haul that the top four might get.

I predict a solid but not spectacular pick.

chiefs1111
04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Keyshawn Johnson just said if he were taking a safety in the top 5,he would take Thomas over Berry....

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 03:01 PM
FUCK

You know maybe the Skins know the Chiefs want Berry so they want us to swap with them but give up our extra 2nd rounder.

The Washington Redskins are seriously considering drafting University of Tennessee safety Eric Berry with the fourth overall pick, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

"The Skins thing is real," a source told National Football Post.

The Redskins were expected to go with an offensive tackle, either Russell Okung or Trent Williams. with their first-round draft pick to try to protect new quarterback Donovan McNabb.

However, Berry's talent may dictate them to go in a different direction.

DaWolf
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Tebow to Donx?

More discussion of Tebow to Broncos
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 4:55 PM ET
If Tim Tebow's agent pretty much knows where the former Florida quarterback is going, and if Tebow's dad is confident that his son will be a Top 15 pick, might the Denver Broncos, picking 11th, be the team to take him?

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that 11th overall would be too high for the Broncos to pick Tebow. But he adds that the Broncos just might take him, especially if they can engineer a trade that has them picking somewhere in the 20s.

Of course, if Tebow's dad is right, he'll be gone before a pick in the 20s. But the Broncos have been showing plenty of interest in Tebow lately, and the closer we get to the draft, the more that interest seems to increase.

According to Klis, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would love to make a bold move, would love a quarterback who's at least 6-foot-3, comfortable in the shotgun and a proven winner, would love an intelligent, high-character player, would love a passer he can develop as a project, and would love someone who can help the Broncos' offense in short-yardage situations.

That all sounds like Tebow. Does all this Tebow talk suggest that where there's smoke there's fire, or is this a smokescreen? We'll find out in a few hours.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/more-discussion-of-tebow-to-broncos/

Jerm
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I seriously can't see Wash. selling anyone on taking Berry over an OL...everyone knows they need a LT.

Really think they're just trying to entice the Browns into trading up.

Skyy God
04-22-2010, 03:12 PM

2 yrs, 8M, yo (unless you've got other information).

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3623

nychief
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I hope the broncos take tebow, it'd be a perfect storm of assholes... My hate would turn me to the dark side.

RealSNR
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I told myself I'd stop hating the Rat when he found a different team to coach. I mean, he's a pretty good coach, right?

If they did this Berry shit, my hatred would know no ends.

raybec 4
I hope the broncos take tebow, it'd be a perfect storm of assholes... My hate would turn me to the dark side.

They would need to bring horseface back to coach him in order to make it the complete black hole.

Buehler445
I told myself I'd stop hating the Rat when he found a different team to coach. I mean, he's a pretty good coach, right?

If they did this Berry shit, my hatred would know no ends.

I still hate Shanarat.

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Fellow posters:

I just want to say that I am looking forward to laughing and yelling with you tonight.

Best,
Reaper

RealSNR
04-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Fellow posters:

I just want to say that I am looking forward to laughing and yelling with you tonight.

Best,
ReaperI'm looking forward to doing your mom tonight.

wasi
04-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know a link to a live feed of NFL network?

R&GHomer
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
The F'N anticipation is driving me crazy. If the rat screws us from Washington I'm going to blow my top:cuss: If they take Berry and we pass on Clausen for OL I will hate Pioli from this day forward.

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm looking forward to doing your mom tonight.
Welp,

|Zach|
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
All you draft assholes were going on an on about how the first 4 were set.

OnTheWarpath15
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Fellow posters:

Best,
Reaper

Wish I could say the same. I have a buddy coming over, so I'll be absent until tomorrow.

Probably for the better.

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
All you draft assholes were going on an on about how the first 4 were set.
Sometimes you can't account for stupidity. Stupidity is what it would be for WASH to pass on an offensive tackle, IMO.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Sometimes you can't account for stupidity. Stupidity is what it would be for WASH to pass on an offensive tackle, IMO.Safety is to them what defensive linemen are to us. Just can't get enough.

KevB
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Michael Smith just tweeted that he always thought Okung for the Chiefs, but "it sure sounds like Berry". Of course, that's only if he's available.

|Zach|
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Sometimes you can't account for stupidity. Stupidity is what it would be for WASH to pass on an offensive tackle, IMO.

There are about a million things you can't account for in the draft. I don't know why I even took time to read up on all these opinions. One trade and all the BS comes tumbling down.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Wish I could say the same. I have a buddy coming over, so I'll be absent until tomorrow.

Probably for the better.

Let the drafturbator conspiracy theories abound!

DeezNutz
04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Fellow posters:

Best,
Reaper

Damn. I was really looking forward to talking about the draft tonight, but then I found out that Reaper was going to be here.

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
love it

keyshwan trashing tebow

"no one listens to backups"

amen

Warrior5
04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Anyone check kffl lately? It's full of last minute rumors of teams wanting to trade up or trade down in the first round.

Noticeably absent... KC.:hmmm:

DaWolf
04-22-2010, 03:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/browns-will-offer-most-of-their-picks-for-bradford/

Browns will offer most of their picks for Bradford
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 5:51 PM ET
Cleveland Browns front office boss Mike Holmgren says he's enamored enough with Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford that he's going to make one final pitch to the St. Louis Rams to try to acquire the first overall pick.

Holmgren told ESPN's Michael Smith that he would be willing to trade most of the Browns' 10 picks and maybe some 2011 picks for Bradford. But Holmgren thinks the Rams will turn him down.

"They shouldn't do it," Holmgren said. "They need a quarterback more than anyone in the world."

So Holmgren thinks, like everyone else, that the Rams will take Bradford. But he'll try to convince them to take his trade offer instead.

"It's not going to happen," Holmgren said. "I just got out of a meeting and I told everyone, let [the board] come to us. That said, I'm going to go make the call."

Delano
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Who was the d-bag in the way-too-tight Cassel jersey? Pushead2?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dylan
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
lol... giants & jets fans jockeying for position at radio city music hall

everybody else passing by on the way home from work are saying, "the Rockettes in town?"

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
why isn't Bradford's contract already done?

the Rams screwing around or is it Bradford?

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
FYI, Clark Hunt was on 810 20 minutes or so ago, and the first thing he said was that they've been getting calls from teams about trading for the 5th pick all week.

(Yes, he actually said this. I heard it with my own ears. I couldn't believe he said it.)

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
eagles trying to trade with miami per palontonio

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
They say before you have an aneurysm you feel a sense of impending doom.

OnTheWarpath15
04-22-2010, 04:08 PM
why isn't Bradford's contract already done?

the Rams screwing around or is it Bradford?

Bradford. He's said he's unwilling to make a deal before being picked.

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:08 PM
FYI, Clark Hunt was on 810 20 minutes or so ago, and the first thing he said was that they've been getting calls from teams about trading for the 5th pick all week.

(Yes, he actually said this. I heard it with my own ears. I couldn't believe he said it.)

very curious to know what kind of offers we getting

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Safest pick in the draft:

Cris Carter: Dez Bryant.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Bradford. He's said he's unwilling to make a deal before being picked.
so he can use leverage of already being selected to get a better deal...

"pay me or i sit"

little bastard ... a draft slotting system can't get here fast enough

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Any links for streaming?

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:12 PM
dilfer said 'clausen'

right on

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Kietzman is saying that Hunt says that we actually have a trade on the table if a certain player is on the board. I didn't hear clark say that. And I have no idea who the player is or what the compensation may be.

FD
04-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Did Tirico say Suh could drop into coverage?

Titty Meat
04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Whos ready to see Pioli fuck this up.

ModSocks
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Citing a "reliable" source, NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports the Vikings will not draft a quarterback with their first-round pick.
The Vikes are currently slated to pick at No. 30 overall, and Jimmy Clausen was gaining momentum as the pick in Thursday's mock drafts. Florida's Tim Tebow was also believed to interest Vikings coach Brad Childress late in the first round. The Vikes may still be targeting a cornerback.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
ANYBODY HAVE A STREAMING LINK FOR THIS SHIT?

Mr. Flopnuts
Kietzman is saying that Hunt says that we actually have a trade on the table if a certain player is on the board. I didn't hear clark say that. And I have no idea who the player is or what the compensation may be.

Oh, fuck.

DeezNutz
Clausen: "Safest player in the draft."

LMAO.

Scary!!!!!!!

DaKCMan AP

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SCREAM LOUDER

Mr. Flopnuts
:deevee:

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
MAYBE YOU SHOULD SCREAM LOUDER

better?

Dayze
I wonder how many of these guys' "sources" are actually sources.

seems like it would be an easy way to report on something that they 'think' will happen but don't have anything to back it up.

Mr. Laz
Kietzman is saying that Hunt says that we actually have a trade on the table if a certain player is on the board. I didn't hear clark say that. And I have no idea who the player is or what the compensation may be.cleveland if clausen/berry are there.

dunno which cleveland wants though

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
GOD DAMN IT U BETTER PICK CLAUSEN OR BERRY PIOLI OR I WILL NEVER FUCKING FORGIVE U STUPID FUCKS!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Keyshawn would draft Clausen

Dilfer would draft Clausen

Jaworski would draft Clausen

but we need a lb or a lt, to make saccofaids happy and protect the true fans from a superbowl.....

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
GOD DAMN IT U BETTER PICK CLAUSEN OR BERRY PIOLI OR I WILL NEVER FUCKING FORGIVE U STUPID FUCKS!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't care /Pioli

The Franchise

but we need a lb or a lt, to make saccofaids happy and protect the true fans from a superbowl.....

Did all three of them actually say that for the Chiefs?

Dylan
Any links for streaming?

I'm looking for you...

i thought it would be easy to find

i'm still looking

the Talking Can
Mel just told McShay...'don't go there!"

ROFL

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
Kiper just broke it off in McShay's ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Kiper is about ready to kill McDouche.

jbwm89
McShay and Kiper are getting after it

Chiefs=Champions

...... :facepalm:

god.. keyshawn johnson currently seems smarter than our gm................

Reaper16
04-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Kiper went apeshit just then in defense of Clausen. That was awesome.

the Talking Can
Did all three of them actually say that for the Chiefs?

what difference does it make?

'Hamas' Jenkins
CJ+Barry Sanders...that's awesome.

Hey look, Dez Bryant can run a 40 for a combine training commercial, but not for the actual fucking combine.

Chiefs=Champions
I don't care /Pioli

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

HolmeZz
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I can't believe McShay referenced the Michigan game as evidence Clausen fell short. That was absolutely braindead. Clausen led them back in that game and then Notre Dame's defense couldn't stop Forcier at the end.

Dayze
Eisen, Faulk, Mooch, Irvin, and Mayock on NFL.

Chiefs=Champions
CJ+Barry Sanders...that's awesome.

Hey look, Dez Bryant can run a 40 for a combine training commercial, but not for the actual ****ing combine.

ROFL ROFL

funny how he didnt forget his shoes when money was involved...

Brock
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM

ROFL

Dylan
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
i'm on the wrong channel -- j.c. / i'm on the nfl channel lol

Dayze
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't watch it on ESPN because of Berman and Kiper.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Pioli anal pencil FUCKING DONT STUFF THIS UP!!!!!!!

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Kiper was trying to kill mcshay with his hair thoughts

Dayze
L.T. is HAMMERED on the red carpet

Brock

You'd rather listen to Miko Erbin?

the Talking Can

you're missing out on most of the fun if you aren't watching kiper....

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Pioli anal pencil FUCKING DONT STUFF THIS UP!!!!!!!
it hasn't even started yet

Dayze
04-22-2010, 04:29 PM
...sounds like I need to check out ESPN temporarily.

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Bradford has the personality of a tree stump

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Gruden next to Kiper has to be some kind of cosmic disturbance that will destroy the universe

too bad young is there, everyone clearly hates him