PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With the 5th pick of the NFL draft the Chiefs select....Berry

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 06:47 AM
I've had several emails yesterday tell me this but now I feel more comfortable putting this rumor in a post because the same person that told me that Weis taking the offensive coordinator job was a done deal has told me that that....................

baring a last minute "wow" trade down deal or Suh falling in the draft that the Chiefs have decided on Berry is the pick at #5.

This source is 1-0 in their infomation but thats not exactly a proven track record so get out that shaker of salt.

mlyonsd
04-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Gawd I hope so. And I hope Clausen is gone before we pick. Might be the only way this place doesn't have a melt down.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Re to the post

Crush
04-22-2010, 06:50 AM
It makes too much sense. Pioli better not fuck this up.

-King-
Gawd I hope so. And I hope Clausen is gone before we pick. Might be the only way this place doesn't have a melt down.

People are willing to forgive pioli for not picking clausen if we get berry.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
please god

this good news early in the morning

signs of intelligence at Arrowhead....plus saccofbats lighting his vag on fire in protest

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Re to the post

You don't understand, this is 'insider' information. He has 'sources'.... don't question the 'sources'....especially the 'unnamed' sources.

Crush
04-22-2010, 06:51 AM

I think everyone has the mentality of Berry or Clausen.

Crush
04-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Now, if Clausen drops like a rock and we do not trade back up to get him, then there could be some rumblings.

mlyonsd
04-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh I'd say there are a few hard cores our there that think Clausen should be the pick no matter what. Not that they'd be wrong if they're right about Cassel.

rad
04-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for spilling.....now I can tell my employer to trade up and get him before you do.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
HOLY CRAP! MY SOURCE SAYS THIS TOO!!!!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5120159&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft10%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d5120159

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Now, if Clausen drops like a rock and we do not trade back up to get him, then there could be some rumblings.yeah, I've heard man a rumor that say if Claussen was to drop into the late 20's the Chiefs would use their 2nd rounders to move up and take him.

wazimo
04-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Rolando McClain. Hopefully after a trade down with Cleveland to #7. Berry is not the answer without a strong NT and ILB. Dorsey will play the NT but who do we have at ILB?

Crush
04-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Rolando McClain. Hopefully after a trade down with Cleveland to #7. Berry is not the answer without a strong NT and ILB. Dorsey will play the NT but who do we have at ILB?

Berry is an elite talent. You do not reach and settle for mediocrity, just because of a need.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 07:05 AM

I like McClain a lot. And, if McClain is the pick, then the Chiefs can get a good safety in the later rounds.

That said, if the safety spot doesn't get solved, McClain isn't the answer. It is a team game. And, the Chiefs need a few playmakers, whether it is an ILB, or a safety.... I don't care.

rad
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM

This post is...........amazing. Where to start?

milkman
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM

:facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk
04-22-2010, 07:07 AM

Herm?

milkman
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
This post is...........amazing. Where to start?

How about "You're a dumbass that would be too stupid to figure out how to use anti freeze to kill yourself"?

Dave Lane
04-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I thought he'd go with Berry its the "safe" pick. I'd still like to get me a QB some day though.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 07:12 AM

You're dumb

Dave Lane
04-22-2010, 07:13 AM

JFC do you people really not read anything? He's Aaron Curry with a debilitating disease. One that could end his football career anytime.

TrickyNicky
04-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Last I checked, our safety play wasn't very good, so it would still fill a need to take Berry.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Cool feel better with BRC, Bad Guy and Gosselin all going towards Berry.

rad
04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
JFC do you people really not read anything? He's Aaron Curry with a debilitating disease. One that could end his football career anytime.

Yeah. Let the Broncos have him.

chiefs1111
04-22-2010, 07:21 AM

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Yeah. Let the Broncos have him.

I hope the Broncos go elsewhere. I would love to see them draft Clausen. I think McClain will be a stud, and I don't want them having McClain behind a beefed up defensive line. If so, he will be a ROTY candidate.

notorious
04-22-2010, 07:37 AM
McClain is a gamer, but how long will he play?

Berry + Clausen = Orgasm

Crush
04-22-2010, 07:38 AM
I hope the Broncos go elsewhere. I would love to see them draft Clausen. I think McClain will be a stud, and I don't want them having McClain behind a beefed up defensive line. If so, he will be a ROTY candidate.

I hope McKid drafts Dan "I'm almost as lazy as the original" Williams or Dez Bryant at 11.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Ive been a berry backer since day one & ill be the first to shit on him when/if he sucks.

Hootie
04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
props to the drafturbators for calling this MONTHS ago and winning me my bet...I put money on the Chiefs taking Berry (essentially) immediately after the draft order was determined.

Brock
04-22-2010, 08:09 AM
I hope so. There's still a lot of time for things to get ****ed up.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I hope so. There's still a lot of time for things to get ****ed up.

This. Or a team like Cleveland jumping ahead of us. I'm still spooked.

CosmicPal
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
props to the drafturbators for calling this MONTHS ago and winning me my bet...I put money on the Chiefs taking Berry (essentially) immediately after the draft order was determined.

Really? I got you beat 'cause I had the Chiefs taking Berry the very day he was born.

The Poz
04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Not sure if this was posted in another thread or not but it appears that the Redskins are considering Berry at #4.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/21/AR2010042105121_2.html?sid=ST2010042106112

"The Washington Post calls Tennessee S Eric Berry an "outside possibility" for the Redskins' pick at No. 4 overall.
Rumors are swirling that the Skins will not draft an offensive tackle at No. 4, with both ESPN's Adam Schefter and Wes Bunting of the National Football Post hinting at the idea. The Skins' priority appears to be trading out of the No. 4 overall spot, but Berry is a viable option should they find no taker."

"For Berry, his visit to Washington stands out from some of the others because of the connection with Taylor, Berry's favorite player.
"When I visited, it was actually on [Taylor's] birthday. So I think -- I don't know if that was some kind of sign or what -- but I think that was pretty cool that I visited on his birthday," Berry said. "A lot of the coaches said they see the same mentality that he had in me. I felt like Washington was a pretty cool place."

Mr_Tomahawk
04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Not sure if this was posted in another thread or not but it appears that the Redskins are considering Berry at #4.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/21/AR2010042105121_2.html?sid=ST2010042106112

"The Washington Post calls Tennessee S Eric Berry an "outside possibility" for the Redskins' pick at No. 4 overall.
Rumors are swirling that the Skins will not draft an offensive tackle at No. 4, with both ESPN's Adam Schefter and Wes Bunting of the National Football Post hinting at the idea. The Skins' priority appears to be trading out of the No. 4 overall spot, but Berry is a viable option should they find no taker."

"For Berry, his visit to Washington stands out from some of the others because of the connection with Taylor, Berry's favorite player.
"When I visited, it was actually on [Taylor's] birthday. So I think -- I don't know if that was some kind of sign or what -- but I think that was pretty cool that I visited on his birthday," Berry said. "A lot of the coaches said they see the same mentality that he had in me. I felt like Washington was a pretty cool place."

This scares me...

MOhillbilly
04-22-2010, 08:17 AM

To be fair this article doesnt mean shit in reality.

Monty
04-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Cool feel better with BRC, Bad Guy and Gosselin all going towards Berry.

This. Picking Berry automatically improves this defense. I'm really curious to see how the second round picks pan out if we get Berry.

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Can Jethopper act like more of a douche?

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 08:19 AM
To be fair this article doesnt mean shit in reality.And also to be fair...Berry being a likely pick at #5 isn't exactly breaking news either.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
If the Skins stay at #4 I can't see them passing on a tackle. They don't have a LT or a RT.

keg in kc
He's got to make it to 5 first.

This is going to be a really long day. And then a really long 40 minutes until they're on the board.

RealSNR
Okay gang...

MOhillbilly
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
If the Skins stay at #4 I can't see them passing on a tackle. They don't have a LT or a RT.

not to mention the entire O is rusty.

wazimo
04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I find it humorous that many say I am an idot for wanting McClain but you want to pay $30-40MM to the second rated safety by many. Not that I would mind Berry, but McClain helps us immediatly at a very weak position. Who is going to play ILB for the Chiefs in 2010? Berry would make 100+ takles but what good is that 5-10 yards past the line of scrimage. Before you start comparing Berry to Polumallo (sp?) or Ed Reed think about who Baltimore/ Pittsburgh play at ILB. Now insert Corey May and DJ.....that is scary.

Brock
04-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Not that I would mind Berry, but McClain helps us immediatly at a very weak position.

Oh well, since you put it that way.

Coogs
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
I find it humorous that many say I am an idot for wanting McClain but you want to pay $30-40MM to the second rated safety by many. Not that I would mind Berry, but McClain helps us immediatly at a very weak position. Who is going to play ILB for the Chiefs in 2010? Berry would make 100+ takles but what good is that 5-10 yards past the line of scrimage. Before you start comparing Berry to Polumallo (sp?) or Ed Reed think about who Baltimore/ Pittsburgh play at ILB. Now insert Corey May and DJ.....that is scary.

You can not build Rome in a day. Berry is a game changer. You add the other pieces tomorrow, Saturday, free agency, and in the draft again next year.

Hootie
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM

they polled like 20 scouts and Berry was unanimously selected as the top rated safety in this draft class...

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
You can not build Rome in a day. Berry is a game changer. You add the other pieces tomorrow, Saturday, free agency, and in the draft again next year.

This. Right now you just start aquiring the best players available.

Hootie
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM
if the Redskins take Berry I'll kill something

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM

2nd rated safety by many? Way to lie to try to make a point. Besides Mayock, who is rating Earl Thomas ahead of Eric Berry.

MMXcalibur
04-22-2010, 08:43 AM
This is very promising news. Thank you, BRC.

We all might have to hold our collective breaths when Goodell announces the Redskins pick.....

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
i would not be surprised to see the chiefs grab two safeties in this draft.

Eric Berry in the 1st and Morgan Burnett in the 4th maybe ...

KCChiefsMan
04-22-2010, 08:47 AM
God damnit, I'm not gonna get to watch the draft live tonight.

Frosty
04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
2nd rated safety by many? Way to lie to try to make a point. Besides Mayock, who is rating Earl Thomas ahead of Eric Berry.

Who is Russ Lande? I got this off of the Chiefs mailing list

<SPAM> Russ Lande former NFL scout has been on the all over sports talks shows here in KC. I checked out his web site http://www.gmjrnfldraft.com/ I found it quite interesting so I sprang for his $13.00 draft guide. I've only had a few minutes to check it, but it's packed full of tons info on all the player's the draft.</SPAM>

I found his thoughts on Berry interesting. He list him as the most over rated player in the draft. Here's his break down:
Berry is an elite athlete that has been receiving hype as possibly the best defensive player in the entire draft for the last year, but we do not believe he measures up to the hype. For a player who is regarded as an impact player who changes games with his play in pass coverage and in run support, we were shocked at how often he was uninvolved in games and did not make much of an impact. He flashes a willingness to come up quickly in run support when he is lined up deep, but even when he does he does not fight thru blocks well and is a bad tackler. He does not bend his knees and tackle with good technique......

...Overall, we like Berry’s athleticism and his ability to cover “Slot” receivers well in M/M coverage and think he is best suited to play cornerback long term in the NFL. We are confident he can be a good starting cornerback in the NFL and should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but he is likely going to be drafted in the Top 10 picks as a safety and we think he is going to really struggle to become a consistent NFL safety.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I find it humorous that many say I am an idot for wanting McClain but you want to pay $30-40MM to the second rated safety by many. Not that I would mind Berry, but McClain helps us immediatly at a very weak position. Who is going to play ILB for the Chiefs in 2010? Berry would make 100+ takles but what good is that 5-10 yards past the line of scrimage. Before you start comparing Berry to Polumallo (sp?) or Ed Reed think about who Baltimore/ Pittsburgh play at ILB. Now insert Corey May and DJ.....that is scary.I like McClain, too, but so far nobody's called me an idot. And boy would that be insulting. To be called an idot. I'd be immediatly insulted and maybe try to takle somebody.

spanky 52
04-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Lombardi on the NFP just posted he has a hunch the Redskins will take Berry at #4.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I've had several emails yesterday tell me this but now I feel more comfortable putting this rumor in a post because the same person that told me that Weis taking the offensive coordinator job was a done deal has told me that that....................

baring a last minute "wow" trade down deal or Suh falling in the draft that the Chiefs have decided on Berry is the pick at #5.

This source is 1-0 in their infomation but thats not exactly a proven track record so get out that shaker of salt.

If your wrong I hope you burn in HELL!!! :)

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Who is Russ Lande? I got this off of the Chiefs mailing listwow ... Lande is harsh.

that said everyone kept telling me how great Berry was all year long during the college season and i kept waiting for him to actually make a big play .... he never did. In the 2009 season i saw him standing around the pile alot and a step short in making the big play. Bad luck??

that said, Berry has huge upside ... he can cover, he can be physical.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2010, 08:56 AM
God damnit, I'm not gonna get to watch the draft live tonight.

Its gonna rain here so im gonna sit back relax, pop some tops, listen to espn radio, and make the kids clean out the back half of the shop.

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 08:57 AM
If your wrong I hope you burn in HELL!!! :)http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/original/Please+don%27t+shoot+the+messenger.jpg

TRR
04-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Lombardi on the NFP just posted he has a hunch the Redskins will take Berry at #4.

I would be shocked. Redskins are in definite need of a OT.

Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
04-22-2010, 08:58 AM

Jason LaConfra's mock of this a.m. (nfl.com) "I know several teams have Thomas ranked ahead of Berry":

17. Earl Thomas, S, Texas

Won't get past: Baltimore at No. 25
Who wants him? If Thomas fell to the Ravens, it would be impossible for them to pass on him, despite other needs. I know several teams have Thomas ranked ahead of Berry. If Seattle were to take Berry, I don't rule out Thomas going as high as No. 7 to Cleveland. If anything, Thomas will go higher than many have projected, but if he somehow does get lost in the shuffle, Baltimore would lick its chops by finding Ed Reed's eventual replacement.

boogblaster
04-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Berry if Suh is gone ...

wazimo
04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
The Bad Guy:

You may be an NFL scout with the New England Patriots and be the guy responsible for all their great drafts....I doubt it. Jaycee Piercen was just on 610 explaining why we should not take Berry until we have the pieces around him. See if you can podcast it. I'm sorry, buy I will listen to a guy who played for the Chiefs and who works in the industry over your always seemingly rude rhetoric. I guess time will tell. If Berry goes to a team with a great supporting cast he will be awesome. Unfortunately, KC does not have those peices and likely will not obtain them this weekend.

Fish
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
I find it humorous that many say I am an idot for wanting McClain but you want to pay $30-40MM to the second rated safety by many. Not that I would mind Berry, but McClain helps us immediatly at a very weak position.

Would Berry not help us immediately at a very weak position?

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
The Bad Guy:

You may be an NFL scout with the New England Patriots and be the guy responsible for all their great drafts....I doubt it. Jaycee Piercen was just on 610 explaining why we should not take Berry until we have the pieces around him. See if you can podcast it. I'm sorry, buy I will listen to a guy who played for the Chiefs and who works in the industry over your always seemingly rude rhetoric. I guess time will tell. If Berry goes to a team with a great supporting cast he will be awesome. Unfortunately, KC does not have those peices and likely will not obtain them this weekend.

Pierson probably made some good points.

However, a guy like Berry might not have the same mpact with lesser talent in front of him, he will still be a presence that will be felt.

Adn over time, his impact will be greater as the talent around him improves.

You don't pass on Berry because you don't have the talent elsewhere.

You take him, and build the talent around him.

Chiefnj2
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
The Bad Guy:

You are correct. Berry's full impact will not be felt until the team has better talent around him. The same thing goes for every other position.

KChiefs1
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM

That would leave the Chiefs with no choice but to take Okung.

Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:19 AM
hey...I want Berry...

but I have ZERO doubts that our secondary will continue to be total dogshit as long as our pass rush continues to be non-existant.

WildTurkey
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Pierson probably made some good points.

However, a guy like Berry might not have the same mpact with lesser talent in front of him, he will still be a presence that will be felt.

Adn over time, his impact will be greater as the talent around him improves.

You don't pass on Berry because you don't have the talent elsewhere.

You take him, and build the talent around him.

This........ the milkman is wise

Frosty
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
The weakest spots on this team are center, guard, RT, ILB, nose tackle, QB and safety. You don't take the first four in the top 5 (positional value), there isn't a NT worth a top 5 in this draft and the Chiefs aren't likely to give up on Cassel at this point. That leaves Berry as the best way to upgrade the team at #5. Hopefully, they can get upgrades for those other positions (except QB) later in the draft.

Pass rushing OLB is a major need too, but there isn't anyone worth it at #5, either.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
The Bad Guy:

This is the old chicken and the egg thing...

Or people who think you should wait to draft a franchise QB until you have a good team around him. Nonsense.

You should not ever pass on potential game changing players.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
The weakest spots on this team are center, guard, RT, ILB, nose tackle, QB and safety. You don't take the first four in the top 5 (positional value), there isn't a NT worth a top 5 in this draft and the Chiefs aren't likely to give up on Cassel at this point. That leaves Berry as the best way to upgrade the team at #5. Hopefully, they can get upgrades for those other positions (except QB) later in the draft.You don't take a safety in the top 5 either.

Unless he's a really special player.

The Franchise
04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
yeah, I've heard man a rumor that say if Claussen was to drop into the late 20's the Chiefs would use their 2nd rounders to move up and take him.

:grovel:

TRR
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
The Bad Guy:

You could play this damn game forever. Berry won't be successful because he has no inside LB's in the middle. Rolando McClain won't be successful because he doesn't have a NT in front of him to absorb blocks...

Blah Blah Blah...

Take the best player available, and Berry is that guy hopefully, and happens to fit a big need.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
You could play this damn game forever. Berry won't be successful because he has no inside LB's in the middle. Rolando McClain won't be successful because he doesn't have a NT in front of him to absorb blocks...

Blah Blah Blah...

Take the best player available, and Berry is that guy hopefully, and happens to fit a big need.Yep.

You can't fill every hole with one pick. It's just not possible. What you can do is take the best player and make him part of the solution.

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Rolando McClain. Hopefully after a trade down with Cleveland to #7. Berry is not the answer without a strong NT and ILB. Dorsey will play the NT but who do we have at ILB?Dumbass. Take Berry, then pick up the other players later.

okcchief
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
If the Chiefs fuck up this pick you will see a fat guy kicked out of the Thunder/Lakers game for hurling his phone across the Ford Center.

Pick Berry damn it!

Coogs
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Berry is an elite athlete that has been receiving hype as possibly the best defensive player in the entire draft for the last year, but we do not believe he measures up to the hype. For a player who is regarded as an impact player who changes games with his play in pass coverage and in run support, we were shocked at how often he was uninvolved in games and did not make much of an impact.

I watched the Tennessee/Alabama game last night on CBCCollege. Berry was all over the field... and making plays. Late in the game with the Tide up 12-3, Berry made a tackle on Ingram. Ingram had not lost a fumble while in college. Not only did Berry make the tackle, but he punched the ball loose... and recovered te fumble. Then, on the onside kick a few plays later at 12-10, he shielded a path for the ball to get the full 10 yards so a teammate could recover the ball and give the Vols the chance to win.... which Mount Cody denied.

PS... Cody was a beast this whole game as well. And he was on the field a great deal of the time.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
The Bad Guy:

which is why we can take Berry in the 1st and a nose tackle and LB in the 2nd round.

NT > LB > S

strengthen the middle of our defense and make all the new draftees better.

Marcellus
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Funny thing is after the last month and all the BS around here, if we take Berry even though most people agree that is a great pick, Pioli will get no credit, it will be, no shit he didn't screw up that was a no-brainer.

That's the best thing about being a critic, if you are right you go see I told you, if you are wrong you go- amazing we didn't screw that up.
You can't lose.

I am sure there will be later picks to bitch about though. Everyone will just have to wait a day or 2 longer this year.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
PS... Cody was a beast this whole game as well. And he was on the field a great deal of the time.
well then that is the exception because Cody came out on passing downs pretty much the entire year.

Coogs
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
well then that is the exception because Cody came out on passing downs pretty much the entire year.

He came out on third downs in this game as well. But he did not sit out half of the game. He was triple teamed on multiple occasions as well... and held the point of attack very well. He made it into the backfield many times as well.

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I hope the Broncos go elsewhere. I would love to see them draft Clausen. I think McClain will be a stud, and I don't want them having McClain behind a beefed up defensive line. If so, he will be a ROTY candidate.You should seriously consider dropping 'sensible' from your user...

bowener
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

As a representative of my people, I would like to have this in writing. Once all the signatures are dried I will feel more comfortable.

RedThat
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd be ecstatic if the Chiefs drafted Berry, and traded up to get Clausen.

And, used rounds 3,4, and 5 to address the ILB positions to go along with finding a potential passrusher sleeper in round 5.

bowener
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
You don't take a safety in the top 5 either.

Unless he's a really special player.

Precisely.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Funny thing is after the last month and all the BS around here, if we take Berry even though most people agree that is a great pick, Pioli will get no credit, it will be, no shit he didn't screw up that was a no-brainer.

That's the best thing about being a critic, if you are right you go see I told you, if you are wrong you go- amazing we didn't screw that up.
You can't lose.

I am sure there will be later picks to bitch about though. Everyone will just have to wait a day or 2 longer this year.

I might be in the minority here, but taking Berry would give me some hope that Pioli isn't a dumbass, and give me hope for the future.

BigMeatballDave
04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
The Bad Guy:

Kill yourself

JohninGpt
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I like McClain, too, but so far nobody's called me an idot. And boy would that be insulting. To be called an idot. I'd be immediatly insulted and maybe try to takle somebody.

The Idaho Department of Transportation resents the implication.

ModSocks
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
The Bad Guy:

And the award for dumbest post of the day goes to....

BigRedChief
I might be in the minority here, but taking Berry would give me some hope that Pioli isn't a dumbass, and give me hope for the future.I think the solid majority here want Berry.

The Franchise
And the award for dumbest post of the day goes to....

Oh it's to early for that award to be given out.

notorious
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Some people want to fuck Clausen, and a few want to have Okung's children, but there are very few people that would melt down over Berry.

notorious
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh it's to early for that award to be given out.

He has a large lead early in the stupid race, though.

Slainte
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Some people want to fuck Clausen, and a few want to have Okung's children, but there are very few people that would melt down over Berry.

Tell that to my frenzied prostate, motherfucker!

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Tell that to my frenzied prostate, mother****er!

LMAO

Dave Lane
04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I think a mod should change his name to Whizzo cuz he's obviously a clown...

Marcellus
04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I might be in the minority here, but taking Berry would give me some hope that Pioli isn't a dumbass, and give me hope for the future.

I agree. I would love for something to happen to give everybody a little more of a positive outlook around here.

FAX
04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Mr. BigRedChief. You are big and red and awesome.

If true, this will make my day. All along, I thought we would trade down. I suppose it could still happen, but in the back of my mind I have been and remain hopeful that the Chiefs finally use a top pick for a true, potential star. It's been awhile.

FAX

Frosty
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree. I would love for something to happen to give everybody a little more of a positive outlook around here.

I used to be one of the most Pollyanna fans out there. I still try to maintain a positive outlook but, seriously - how many times can you get your dick slammed in the door before it starts to change your outlook? :cuss:

FAX
04-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I used to be one of the most Pollyanna fans out there. I still try to maintain a positive outlook but, seriously - how many times can you get your dick slammed in the door before it starts to change your outlook? :cuss:

Two.

FAX

wazimo
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Say's the guy who has an avatar of a mouse snorting cocaine! Don't worry, either the Redskins or Cleveland will draft Berry.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
You should seriously consider dropping 'sensible' from your user...

What part of the post do you disagree with?

Do you think that McClain will be a bust, or do you think Clausen will be a stud.... or both?

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Say's the guy who has an avatar of a mouse snorting cocaine! Don't worry, either the Redskins or Cleveland will draft Berry.

That mouse is Chuckee Cheese muther fucker! :evil:

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
The Bad Guy:

I'm glad you are so stupid that you need to rely on others to form opinions of players.

Ahh yes, only take a player if you have a great supporting cast. You know how you get that supporting cast? By taking great players first.

You aren't worth my time, or the bandwith on this site.

wazimo
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
What are you 12 years old!

Mecca
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
You know who the biggest retards are?

Former players, they are the last people you should listen to when it comes to drafts or players.

rad
04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
What are you 12 years old!

Irony.

rad
04-22-2010, 01:05 PM

Former players, they are the last people you should listen to when it comes to drafts or players.

You would think former players would be able to see a prospect's potential.

jbwm89
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
You would think former players would be able to see a prospect's potential.

more so than a scout or general manager who looks at potential for a living?

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Somebody needs to teach our new retard how to use the quote feature.

rad
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
more so than a scout or general manager who looks at potential for a living?

No, but I wouldn't have thought they would be "the BIGGEST retards" as Mecca said.

notorious
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Somebody needs to teach our new retard how to use the quote feature.

nOObs will now be know as "retards" until they prove otherwise.

rad
04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
So it goes Belichick, Holmgren, Greasy Al, Millen, Hootie, Former NFL Player.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
nOObs will now be know as "retards" until they prove otherwise.

They start off as "retards" and then have to work their way up to "nOObs". If they don't they stay a retard forever like Saccopoo.

jbwm89
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
More like Belichick, Holmgren, Greasy Al, Millen, Hootie, Former NFL Player, Retard noob.

rad
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
More like Belichick, Holmgren, Greasy Al, Millen, Hootie, Former NFL Player, Retard noob.

No. Mecca said former NFL players are the LAST ones you want to listen to.

rad
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
They start off as "retards" and then have to work their way up to "nOObs". If they don't they stay a retard forever like Saccopoo.

I'd like to go ahead and coin "n00btard" FTR....

rad
04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
It's funny when a bunch of n00bs call other n00bs "n00b"/>10,000post CPer

DaneMcCloud
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM

This should be the pecking order:

God
Tebow
Curry
Average Joe
nOOb
Retard
Saccopoo

If you regress as a starting retard, you get downgraded to Saccopoo.

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd like to go ahead and coin "n00btard" FTR....Duly noted :)

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Wrong order.This should be the pecking order:

Curry
God
Tebow
Average Joe
nOOb
Retard
Saccopoo
Cassel
Herm
Pioli

If you regress as a starting retard, you get downgraded to Saccopoo.

-King-
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Nah, I think the Chiefs will pick the desktop with their 5 then use their 2s to trade back down for the mobile device.

ModSocks
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Lol. Do you know how to use the quote function? What does my avatar have to do with the fact that you basically just said that we shouldn't draft great players until we fill our roster with average players.

LMAO

milkman
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM

You mean like Ozzie Newsome?

bh13
04-22-2010, 03:19 PM
I watched the Tennessee/Alabama game last night on CBCCollege. Berry was all over the field... and making plays. Late in the game with the Tide up 12-3, Berry made a tackle on Ingram. Ingram had not lost a fumble while in college. Not only did Berry make the tackle, but he punched the ball loose... and recovered te fumble. Then, on the onside kick a few plays later at 12-10, he shielded a path for the ball to get the full 10 yards so a teammate could recover the ball and give the Vols the chance to win.... which Mount Cody denied.

While I'm on the get Clausen wagon, I'd be pretty happy if we came away with Berry and Cody.

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM

This source is 1-0 in their infomation but thats not exactly a proven track record so get out that shaker of salt.Wellll I guess the guy is 2-0 now.:clap:

Pasta Little Brioni
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
:clap:

KChiefs1
04-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It defintely feels like a win.

StcChief
04-22-2010, 07:20 PM
nice...all the way. no funny business with trades up/down.

Coach
04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Wellll I guess the guy is 2-0 now.:clap:

Crown his ass, man!

Great pick.

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Crown his ass, man!

Great pick.I take it as fact that Weis loves Claussen. Thinks he's the real deal. You know he has to be pleading for Claussen all night and tommorrow to Pioli.

Coach
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I take it as fact that Weis loves Claussen. Thinks he's the real deal. You know he has to be pleading for Claussen all night and tommorrow to Pioli.

Was taking the fact that your source was correct on Berry, and glad he was right on that.

As far as Claussen, it doesn't bother me if they want him, or Kindle, Mays, etc. There are still plenty of first round talent in the 2nd round, 4th pick.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
High fives all around!

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Was taking the fact that your source was correct on Berry, and glad he was right on that.

As far as Claussen, it doesn't bother me if they want him, or Kindle, Mays, etc. There are still plenty of first round talent in the 2nd round, 4th pick.I wouldn't be surprised if they try to offer a 5th rounder to jump up to LA and take him.

philfree
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
A trade down would have been more fun but the pick can't be denied. It was the pick and Pioli made it:clap: I had never seen much of him speak but he was like Ray Ray Light. He had alot of intensity in his eyes:):D I'm pumped but the key to this draft is the next three picks. We need to nail them just like we nailed Berry.

PhilFree:arrow: