PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Need your opinion on these draft prospects and if they would fit the Chiefs system?

Frankie
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Tyson Alualu: Just LOVE that name. Sounds tough. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Palomalu. :shrug: I keep hearing his name more and more as a very viable draft prospect.

Kafka: I've been increasingly hearing about this QB as a developmental prospect with a lot of upside. Do you think we can/should take him with one of our 5s?

Jacoby Ford (WR): Slot receiver, 5th round?

Old Dog
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
My mock has them taking Kafka in the 5th

Lzen
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Don't know about these guys but I do have a question for you. Why did you use the KState as the topic icon?

Coogs
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I'd be OK with Ford. He could be a game changer in the slot and as a return man. The other two I don't know much about. Personally, I want a QB early, or not at all.

Frankie
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Don't know about these guys but I do have a question for you. Why did you use the KState as the topic icon?

I thought I clicked on "Chiefs." :hmmm: that's not even close to KSU. So my guess is someone's playing a prank on me.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't see any of those guys fitting our system at all. Kafa maybe slightly. But not Ford at all and not Alualu

KCrockaholic
You want a solid late round QB?? You take John Skelton. That guy is going to be pretty good in the right system.

AustinChief
I thought I clicked on "Chiefs." :hmmm:

Fixed it.

Frankie
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Fixed it.

Thanks dude. Rep.

Coogs
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
But not Ford at all

Is Ford to fast or something? With our offense, we need a return guy who can give us field postion. This dude can do just that. Unless you prefer Bobby Wade.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Is Ford to fast or something? With our offense, we need a return guy who can give us field postion. This dude can do just that. Unless you prefer Bobby Wade.

He's fast. But in our system we don't use speed receivers. Ford is a perfect fit for a West Coast offense. But he doesn't have solid hands at all. Our offense strives off receivers who can block as well as anything and Ford is possibly the worst blocking WR in this draft. If we draft him, we do it as a kick returner only.

Frankie
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Ford's no Ferrari. But I'd take him with one of the 5s, as a returner. 4.28/40 speed.

ClevelandBronco
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Tyson Alualu: Just LOVE that name. Sounds tough. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Palomalu. :shrug: I keep hearing his name more and more as a very viable draft prospect.

Kafka: I've been increasingly hearing about this QB as a developmental prospect with a lot of upside. Do you think we can/should take him with one of our 5s?

Jacoby Ford (WR): Slot receiver, 5th round?

You guys should bring Kafka in on a Trial basis. He could close the book on Castle.

Rain Man
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
As an aside, I saw Alualu on NFL Network, and he has the biggest calf-to-chest ratio I've ever seen.

milkman
04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't see any of those guys fitting our system at all. Kafa maybe slightly. But not Ford at all and not Alualu

Alualu would fit as a 5 tech.

Frankie
04-22-2010, 03:35 PM

what round?

milkman
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
what round?

Late second, early third, but the Chiefs would be foolish to pick him.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 04:14 PM

what round?

Late second, early third, but the Chiefs would be foolish to pick him.

I was just going to say this. All of it. But the problem is the only way we'd take him is if we were going to force Dorsey inside to play nose. We're better off just drafting a nose IMO.