PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Congrats Chiefs Fans

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I've been showing up at this place like a bad penny for a few years now. I can't recall seeing the Planet this universally excited after the first round in the draft.
Good for you. You've come a long way since you got out of that abusive relationship your ex called his 5 year plan.

Can we start the season next week please?

DaFace
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Well, it definitely looks good on paper. Whether Berry will be as good as we hope, and whether Tebow will be as bad is yet to be seen. But today's a good start.

Quesadilla Joe
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
People here were ecstatic after the 08 draft as well, just sayin'.

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Whoever tagged "rainbow bridge donkey" hit me square on the funny bone.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks man! oh and congrats to you to for... aah.. umm... well congrats anyway man! :D

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks man! oh and congrats to you to for... aah.. umm... well congrats anyway man! :D

:D
He who laughs last laughs hardest mate.
I'm not sayin'.
I'm just sayin'.

FAX
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I've been showing up at this place like a bad penny for a few years now. I can't recall seeing the Planet this universally excited after the first round in the draft.
Good for you. You've come a long way since you got out of that abusive relationship your ex called his 5 year plan.

Thanks, Mr. vailpass. I believe I speak for all Chiefs fans everywhere when I say, "Boom lacka lacka lacka. Like my momma done tole me."

And may I conclude with best wishes for you and your extraordinary first round selection. The future of your franchise is now clearly in the hands of the Most High which, when you think about it, is right where it belongs.

FAX

DaFace
04-22-2010, 11:16 PM

While this is true, the Broncos took Clady in 2008, who was expected to make a pretty quick difference. This year, they took two projects. While there's no guarantee that 2010 will be a worse year than 2008, the short-term expectations for the guys you got are certainly a lot lower than they were back then.

But yeah, people were probably about this excited over Dorsey back then, and we see how that's worked out.

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Mr. vailpass. I believe I speak for all Chiefs fans everywhere when I say, "Boom lacka lacka lacka. Like my momma done tole me."

And may I conclude with best wishes for you and your extraordinary first round selection. The future of your franchise is now clearly in the hands of the Most High which, when you think about it, is right where it belongs.

FAX

I know, I gotta' laugh right along with everyone else about the holy roller aspect. I'm hoping the camera catches Saint Tim dropping a string of F-bomb laden invectives in the first game of the season followed by an expose of him and Big Ben in a cat house.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
While this is true, the Broncos took Clady in 2008, who was expected to make a pretty quick difference. This year, they took two projects. While there's no guarantee that 2010 will be a worse year than 2008, the short-term expectations for the guys you got are certainly a lot lower than they were back then.

But yeah, people were probably about this excited over Dorsey back then, and we see how that's worked out.

It bugs me that Dorsey is widely considered a bust. The circumstances aren't nearly his fault, and he doesn't even have 3 years under his belt.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

DaFace
04-22-2010, 11:19 PM
It bugs me that Dorsey is widely considered a bust. The circumstances aren't nearly his fault, and he doesn't even have 3 years under his belt.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

I haven't gotten to the "bust" point just yet, but I think you can safely conclude that his value has been lower than the 5th pick at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
I haven't gotten to the "bust" point just yet, but I think you can safely conclude that his value has been lower than the 5th pick at this point.

I think the second we switched to a 3-4 that was a guarantee. Hopefully he can prove me wrong and make the transition, but the odds are against him.

Ebolapox
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

hell, I'm apparently one of a few here on planet earth who believes he was our best defensive player last year (other than maybe flowers). he's a key cog, and could STILL end up as the all-world player he was expected to be.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
hell, I'm apparently one of a few here on planet earth who believes he was our best defensive player last year (other than maybe flowers). he's a key cog, and could STILL end up as the all-world player he was expected to be.

I was just referring to him living up to the 5th pick in the draft. I still think he can be a damn good player.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 11:23 PM
He who laughs last laughs hardest mate.
I'm not sayin'.
I'm just sayin'.

:)

its all good man. im sure uve been laughing at the chiefs for awhile now.. :)

Ebolapox
I was just referring to him living up to the 5th pick in the draft. I still think he can be a damn good player.

it'll be difficult to regardless of how good he is due to the fact that he's out of position. however, if anybody can buck the trend and break out, I think he can.

FAX
Dorsey and Berry are very different deals ... the way I see it, anyhow.

Defensive linemen typically take time to make the transition to the NFL. Sometimes it requires several years before their contribution is either measurable or meaningful. Plus, in our case, you had the additional issue with the move to the 3/4. Berry, on the other hand, has the potential and, presumably, the ability to have an immediate, positive impact as a rookie. Positionally, the early expectations are very different.

FAX

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:24 PM
:)

its all good man. im sure uve been laughing at the chiefs for awhile now.. :)

With you mate, laughing with you.
I've been laughing at the Raiders.

And the tags.

Chiefs=Champions
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
With you mate, laughing with you.
I've been laughing at the Raiders.

And the tags.

Now this is something we can agree on.. ROFL

T-post Tom
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Really??????

Glenn Dorsey, Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Carr...

All starters. Dorsey is transitioning and showed marked improvement towards the end of his first season at a new position in a new scheme. WTH dude?

FAX
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I know, I gotta' laugh right along with everyone else about the holy roller aspect. I'm hoping the camera catches Saint Tim dropping a string of F-bomb laden invectives in the first game of the season followed by an expose of him and Big Ben in a cat house.

Well, it's a darn fascinating pick on many levels. That's for sure.

It will be interesting to see if and/or how Tebow develops. I am looking forward to the first game when our new, bloodthirsty, kick-your-face-in defense lines up against Team Tebow. I predict that prayers will be needed.

FAX

Rausch
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
At worst the Chiefs drafted Roy Williams and the Donks drafted White Vick...

58kcfan89
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Really??????

All starters. Dorsey is transitioning and showed marked improvement towards the end of his first season at a new position in a new scheme. WTH dude?

Took the words right out of my mouth. That draft kicked ass and could still get even better as Dorsey hopefully improves.

Ebolapox
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Really??????

not to mention, cottom is our starting TE and it wouldn't shock me if morgan was starting opposite berry. that's six definite starters and a maybe. that draft was fucking GOLDEN

T-post Tom
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. That draft kicked ass and could still get even better as Dorsey hopefully improves.

Won't be long before you can update your avy with a Berry jersey in red & gold!

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/04/22/berryx.jpg

T-post Tom
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
not to mention, cottom is our starting TE and it wouldn't shock me if morgan was starting opposite berry. that's six definite starters and a maybe. that draft was ****ing GOLDEN

I've heard Morgan wasn't a coach favorite last year. But maybe that'll change with Romeo heading up the defense.

Also, I'm doubtful about Cottom due to the neck injury. Has anyone heard anything in that regard?

cdcox
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM

How can you say that? He is clearly outplaying last year's #3 overall pick.

kcpasco
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
If you don't call a Dorsey a bust then you can't call Jackson a bust either

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM

it's kinda hard to call a d-lineman a bust until after their third season. in college, all the top guys are used to just throwing their weight around and using sloppy technique to just dominate (normally overclassed) o-lineman. they can't do that in the nfl. they have to learn technique, more than one pass-rushing move, and sometimes how to even line up properly.

and that's all if they only have one d-line coach/defensive coordinator combination and aren't misused/change defenses each of your first two years in the league.

hell, that dorsey was as good as he was last year was a minor miracle.

Chiefshrink
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM

I STILL BELIEVE!!!

Totally agree:thumb:

Rausch
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM

It's not Jackson's fault some dumbass drafted him that high...

kcpasco
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
it's kinda hard to call a d-lineman a bust until after their third season. in college, all the top guys are used to just throwing their weight around and using sloppy technique to just dominate (normally overclassed) o-lineman. they can't do that in the nfl. they have to learn technique, more than one pass-rushing move, and sometimes how to even line up properly.

and that's all if they only have one d-line coach/defensive coordinator combination and aren't misused/change defenses each of your first two years in the league.

Oh I agree with that

But I'm just saying their are some people on here who won't give up on Dorsey because they liked the pick but want to throw Jackson under the bus because they hated that pick.

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh I agree with that

But I'm just saying their are some people on here who won't give up on Dorsey because they liked the pick but want to throw Jackson under the bus because they hated that pick.
Hello kcpasco, its Draft Value. I've tried to let you know who I am, that I exist, but you've been ignoring me for years.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh I agree with that

as much as I wanted sanchez with that pick (hell, or even crabtree), I still hold out hope that he'll be at least solid (fuck, maybe even good to great) under crennel. shit, at least don't remind us of ryan sims. that's all I ask.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Hello kcpasco, its Draft Value. I've tried to let you know who I am, that I exist, but you've been ignoring me for years.

"Hello"

I've been alone with you
Inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips
A thousand times
I sometimes see you
Pass outside my door
Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted
And my arms are open wide
'cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much
I love you

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again
How much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello!
I've just got to let you know
'cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
'cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you

Chiefshrink
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM

Thx ! The quicker McKid turns Tebow into an H-back(ala Cooley/D Clark) the more successful your O will be in the future. But something tells me that McNapoleon feels he has the "Laying on of Hands" gift that will make Tebow into the next Tom Brady.:rolleyes:

FAX
04-23-2010, 01:46 AM

Ultimately, our hopes are linked inextricably to our new coordinators. Perhaps Romeo (knock on Tebow's noggin) has the knowledge and experience to maximize the current skill sets of guys like Dorsey and Jackson, don't you think? Heck, they might even improve under his guidance.

FAX

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Ultimately, our hopes are linked inextricably to our new coordinators. Perhaps Romeo (knock on Tebow's noggin) has the knowledge and experience to maximize the current skill sets of guys like Dorsey and Jackson, don't you think? Heck, they might even improve under his guidance.

FAX

one would hope. funny, that's all we have left anymore. I won't launch into a spiel about how it's technically been over half of my life since we got a playoff win, or that my freaking dad (who is 53) was 13 years old (less than half my current age) when we won the super bowl. or how utterly fucking depressing it is being a chiefs fan.

lest I get started, I agree. I'd think crennel can maximize the return on our investment.

Coach
04-23-2010, 01:50 AM

FAX

Which is why I wanted RC last season instead of Clancy. Imagine how far this defense could have been if RC was here instead of Clancy.

FAX
04-23-2010, 02:05 AM
one would hope. funny, that's all we have left anymore. I won't launch into a spiel about how it's technically been over half of my life since we got a playoff win, or that my freaking dad (who is 53) was 13 years old (less than half my current age) when we won the super bowl. or how utterly ****ing depressing it is being a chiefs fan.

lest I get started, I agree. I'd think crennel can maximize the return on our investment.

Just as the translucent cobwebs of misfortune delicately embellish with lacy adornment Len Dawson's favorite jock strap, hope bedights the heart of a Chiefs fan, Mr. H5N1.

FAX

Fritz88
04-23-2010, 04:55 AM

08 started baring fruit last season. Flowers, Dorsey, Charles, Albert. Herm deserves credit for it. Last year's was shit though.

Bane
04-23-2010, 04:58 AM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/viIKnNvzzfM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/viIKnNvzzfM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ILChief
04-23-2010, 05:04 AM
08 started baring fruit last season. Flowers, Dorsey, Charles, Albert. Herm deserves credit for it. Last year's was shit though.

maybe you should give the 09 class more than one year. I think T. Jackson will be a good player and Succop is nails.

I will grant you that not much else from that class looks promising but you never know.

Warrior5
04-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the props, VP. You're one of the 50% of Donk fans who post here who are classy, so you're always welcome (you do understand it was very difficult for me to actually write that).

Now back to my normal self... the draft is far from over for the Chiefs.
How much did Denver give up for Tebow again?

Fat Elvis
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I still think Tebow will be a very good QB in the NFL.

Hootie
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM

and Flowers, Albert and Charles look pretty damn good...

and Dorsey still has potential.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
and Flowers, Albert and Charles look pretty damn good...

and Dorsey still has potential.

Maybe Tebow can place his hand upon Knowmo and cure him of his retardedness.

Simply Red
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM

thanks Vail, yeah, there's a buzz, for sure. I was fired up. It'll be a tough job to have to HATE Tebow now, considering I really liked him ;) .

vailpass
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the props, VP. You're one of the 50% of Donk fans who post here who are classy, so you're always welcome (you do understand it was very difficult for me to actually write that).

Now back to my normal self... the draft is far from over for the Chiefs.
How much did Denver give up for Tebow again?

F U 2 Warrior:D

Take Tebow's name in vain at your own risk.

HemiEd
04-23-2010, 10:27 AM

I am stoked as well, just can't help it.

But it was just a few years ago, this place was about the same, relative to DJ dropping to 15, and the Chiefs getting him.

Not from Missouri, but I want to see how this works out. This old gal has screwed around on me too many times in the past.

Warrior5
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM
F U 2 Warrior:D

Take Tebow's name in vain at your own risk.

I'm not doubting Tebow at all... you certainly won't have to worry about his character or work ethic. He may have a lot of people eating crow.

I was simply trying to recall the picks McDaniels gave to move up for Tebow.:D

vailpass
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm not doubting Tebow at all... you certainly won't have to worry about his character or work ethic. He may have a lot of people eating crow.

I was simply trying to recall the picks McDaniels gave to move up for Tebow.:D

A lot.

vailpass
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I am stoked as well, just can't help it.

But it was just a few years ago, this place was about the same, relative to DJ dropping to 15, and the Chiefs getting him.

Not from Missouri, but I want to see how this works out. This old gal has screwed around on me too many times in the past.

That is a hell of an accurate way to put it. Berry appears to be as sure a bet as there is in a draft. What do you want to see KC do in the 2nd/3rd rounds?

HemiEd
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
That is a hell of an accurate way to put it. Berry appears to be as sure a bet as there is in a draft. What do you want to see KC do in the 2nd/3rd rounds?

Thanks for asking! I am with the new OC, I want the QB!!!

If not, get the guy that helped him, Tate. Then they need help, and lots of it at line backer. Of course, none of that matters if they don't get a nose tackle.

That being said, you have to respect what Denver is trying to do, but I hope it fails miserably. :D

vailpass
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks for asking! I am with the new OC, I want the QB!!!

If not, get the guy that helped him, Tate. Then they need help, and lots of it at line backer. Of course, none of that matters if they don't get a nose tackle.

That being said, you have to respect what Denver is trying to do, but I hope it fails miserably. :D

:toast:
Bring on the season!

HemiEd
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
:toast:
Bring on the season!

Yeah, but the only problem with that for some of us, is that it brings back the cold weather. Of course, where you live, that is not an issue.

vailpass
04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but the only problem with that for some of us, is that it brings back the cold weather. Of course, where you live, that is not an issue.

My winter is right around the corner. May-August are hellacious until the sun goes down.