PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pick #36 draft scenario

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Day two, pick #36, Chiefs on the clock, Clausen is on the board.

Cleveland or Buffalo call to trade up to take Clausen, If I'm Scott Pioli, I make a trade, for the right price.

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:25 AM

Cleveland or Buffalo call to trade up to take Clausen, If I'm Scott Pioli, I make a trade, for the right price.

All right, then what is the "right price" in your terms? Why not pick Clausen?

YayMike
04-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Yep, a 4th rounder should do the trick. I think a 3rd is a bit of a pipedream.

what do you think mm, new 2a = cody, 2b = tate?

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:29 AM
All right, then what is the "right price" in your terms? Why not pick Clausen?

Another 5th, probably, and I've said many times, I'm not sold on Clausen.

I would rather wait until next year's draft and that QB class.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Yep, a 4th rounder should do the trick. I think a 3rd is a bit of a pipedream.

what do you think mm, new 2a = cody, 2b = tate?

A 4th is probably too steep, but I'd love it of we could get that.

I'd still be looking at Cody or Kindle.

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM

Understandable, but to tell you the truth, I'm not really sold on Cassel and or Brodie Croyle either.

And while Clausen's ceiling isn't high, he's probably one of the most ready NFL QB's in this draft, considering he played a pro-set offense (to a degree) in ND under Weis.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:33 AM
i personally hate the idea of passing on him, but i understand it and think they would have moved for him already if they really wanted him....

at this point i think you have to consider Kindle, hell i'd trade a 5th to make sure we got him...the 3-4 OLB drops off pretty fast while you can still find ilb, nt, ol later....

BigRedChief
04-23-2010, 06:34 AM
i personally hate the idea of passing on him, but i understand it and think they would have moved for him already if they really wanted him....

at this point i think you have to consider Kindle, hell i'd trade a 5th to make sure we got him...the 3-4 OLB drops off pretty fast while you can still find ilb, nt, ol later....Kindle will go in the 1st 3 picks today. He won't make it to the 4th pick.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Kindle will go in the 1st 3 picks today. He won't make it to the 4th pick.

that's why i said we should trade up to get him

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:36 AM

at this point i think you have to consider Kindle, hell i'd trade a 5th to make sure we got him...the 3-4 OLB drops off pretty fast while you can still find ilb, nt, ol later....

I like Kindle, but there's a lot of talent to be had in the second round, and getting another fifth could help us maybe add a guy like Myron Rolle, Brandon Spikes or a Jimmy Graham.

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Kindle will go in the 1st 3 picks today. He won't make it to the 4th pick.

By who? I think he is more of a 3-4 rush backer and the 3 teams ahead of us are 4-3 teams, so it would have to be a trade.

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:37 AM
A 4th is probably too steep, but I'd love it of we could get that.

I'd still be looking at Cody or Kindle.

I honestly think taking Cody will be a big risk becuase of his attitude and how his work ethic is, especially when he showed up overweight on the combine or something like that.

And another thing to ponder. K. C. Joyner broke down Cody's relative playing time in a four-game SEC stretch in October 2009 (at Kentucky, at Mississippi, vs. South Carolina, vs. Tennessee), and found that Cody was in the Alabama defensive lineup on only 122 of 281 plays.[80] But Joyner also found that Cody drew an impressively high amount of double-teams (63.6 percent, compared to Albert Haynesworth's 2007 double-team mark of 51.3 percent) in that span.

So, having a huge clog in the middle for 3-4 NT in Cody, that could be a big reward, especially for KC's defense.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I like Kindle, but there's a lot of talent to be had in the second round, and getting another fifth could help us maybe add a guy like Myron Rolle, Brandon Spikes or a Jimmy Graham.

true enough

i'm still secretly hoping we take norwood in the 5th if he's there...

Mr_Tomahawk
04-23-2010, 06:39 AM
But Joyner also found that Cody drew an impressively high amount of double-teams (63.6 percent, compared to Albert Haynesworth's 2007 double-team mark of 51.3 percent) in that span.

BERRYBLITZ!!!!

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
i wonder what the odds are of Cody falling our 2b?

slim, i'd guess

TEX
04-23-2010, 06:42 AM

Exactly - In order to make it work, the Chiefs need to make it clear today that they intend to draft Clausen.

rad
04-23-2010, 06:42 AM

You think we'll be in position (top 5) to draft a franchise QB next year? Never know.

I'm not totally sold on Clausen either, but I think KC is his best chance to find success in the NFL.

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Pete Prisco has a updated mock draft with us taking:

2a: Sean Lee LB Penn State
2b: Taylor Mays

The Bad Guy
04-23-2010, 06:46 AM

I love Sean Lee. I think he's going to have a long career in the NFL.

I would really be on board with this. Focus on Linval Joseph or Troupe in the 3rd and this defense is really remade.

I love Clausen, but it's so fucking exciting that there are about 100 different directions we could go and they would all help now that we drafted Berry.

Berry and Mays at safety would be nuts.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:46 AM

slim, i'd guess

Pun intended?

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
I know it'd be a pipe dream, but if KC gets Cody in 2a and somehow, either Clausen or Mays continue to drop to 2b....

I know, pipe dream, I get it, but the way the NFL Draft goes... you never just know. I mean, Christ, Denver flushed their first round pick on Tebow, and Jacksonville pulling their typical reach WTF pick.

KC Jones
04-23-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm hoping for Kindle or Tate.

I can understand people wanting Cody or Clausen, but I just think of Ryan Sims and Jeff George when I see those guys.

YayMike
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM

I like Lee, but would rather Cody be the pick here. Does Lee last til 2b?

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM
You think we'll be in position (top 5) to draft a franchise QB next year? Never know.

I'm not totally sold on Clausen either, but I think KC is his best chance to find success in the NFL.

Top 10, probably, which puts us in position for one of the three QBs that will likely be at the top of the draft, or close enough to trade up if necessary.

Right now, I think that people are overlooking Andrew Luck in next year's class, and I won't be at all surprised to see him rise up through the course of the next college season.

The Bad Guy
04-23-2010, 06:50 AM
The real benefit to taking Clausen now is that he's ready when we ditch Cassel. Taking Luck or any of those studs next year pushes things back another year. Not that I'm upset with that, but I'd rather get Clausen now and grab that stud WR next year.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:52 AM
I just looked at Walter's 2011 mock draft, and was surprised to find they had Luck going to the Chiefs #4 overall, so maybe he isn't being overlooked.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Pun intended?

but of course

i am so excited today it is crazy

we could completely remake our defense with this draft....seriously, we should pull 4-5 starters out of this draft...

they should kill in rounds 2-3 and then sweep up some fallers in round 5

Coach
I just looked at Walter's 2011 mock draft, and was surprised to find they had Luck going to the Chiefs #4 overall, so maybe he isn't being overlooked.

Andrew Luck from Stanford?

FAX

With the new format, there is an unreal amount of time for multiple deals to be made. There's no telling what these crazy bastards will come up with by tonight. I don't know how much we could gain by trading down out of the 36 spot, though. Maybe a high pick next year would be attractive. Or a player.

FAX

Mr_Tomahawk

:facepalm:

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:55 AM
The real benefit to taking Clausen now is that he's ready when we ditch Cassel. Taking Luck or any of those studs next year pushes things back another year. Not that I'm upset with that, but I'd rather get Clausen now and grab that stud WR next year.

I get that, but this is where we disagree.

I just don't believe Clausen has the mental makeup to succeed at the NFL level.

I also look at those small hands and like (gasp) Okung's sac can see him putting the ball on the ground at a rate that would make Dave Kreig blush.

The Bad Guy
04-23-2010, 06:55 AM

Fuck Walterfootball.

He complains that Pioli will never take the best player in Berry, then he does, and today he's questioning taking a safety so high.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Andrew Luck from Stanford?

Is there another Andrew Luck?

FAX
04-23-2010, 06:56 AM
He has tiny hands and a tiny head?

FAX

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Fuck Walterfootball.

He complains that Pioli will never take the best player in Berry, then he does, and today he's questioning taking a safety so high.

Yeah, I remembered that stooge saying that KC should had picked Curry.

Thankfully, that didn't happen.

Coach
04-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Is there another Andrew Luck?

No, was trying to recall the name. Had to look it up, and remembered that he had a decent game against USC.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:58 AM
**** Walterfootball.

Irrelevant.

I just hadn't seen a lot of people talking about Luck when discussing QBs next year.

So I was surprised to learn he was high on someone's radar.

patteeu
04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm less inclined to trade down as the draft goes on, just because the picks you can accumulate are more likely to be late rounders that aren't all that attractive to me.

That said, it depends on who is on the board at the time and what kind of compensation you can get. If there are 3 or 4 guys that you value equally and you can trade down to a spot where at least one of those guys is still going to be there then go for it even if you only pick up a late round pick.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm less inclined to trade down as the draft goes on, just because the picks you can accumulate are more likely to be late rounders that aren't all that attractive to me.

That said, it depends on who is on the board at the time and what kind of compensation you can get. If there are 3 or 4 guys that you value equally and you can trade down to a spot where at least one of those guys is still going to be there then go for it even if you only pick up a late round pick.

There's going to be a lot of good players in the late rounds this year that can help this team.

Moving down a couple of spots, in a draft this deep, has the potential to really improve te roster.

Reerun_KC
04-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Kind of my feeling as well... We have an opportunity to grab two immediate impact players still in round 2.... Then address OL issues in rounds 3-5.

No need to trade up or down at this point. Too much talent on the board...

Fritz88
04-23-2010, 07:07 AM
good call,

Cody or http://www.mclibrary.duke.edu/training/mobiledevices/kindle/kindle.jpg would be fine by me.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Kind of my feeling as well... We have an opportunity to grab two immediate impact players still in round 2.... Then address OL issues in rounds 3-5.

No need to trade up or down at this point. Too much talent on the board...

Too much talent on the board is the very reason trading down at this point makes sense.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
If Clausen is still there when the Chiefs pick, I suppose I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

But I'll be very disappointed if they decide to trade up to Minnesota's pick and get Clausen.

I don't see Clausen getting past the Vikes and they probably went to sleep last night with an enormous grin on their face 'cause there's a handful of teams, including the Chiefs, that might decide to trade up with the Vikes to get Clausen.

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 07:10 AM

I also look at those small hands and like (gasp) Okung's sac can see him putting the ball on the ground at a rate that would make Dave Kreig blush.

His small hands didnt hurt him in college. Why would they now?

Coach
04-23-2010, 07:12 AM
His small hands didnt hurt him in college. Why would they now?

The football is more slicker in the NFL than it is in college, if my memory serves me right.

Reerun_KC
04-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Too much talent on the board is the very reason trading down at this point makes sense.

Or staying put and getting players like Kindle, Mays or Tate...

One is not wrong to look at it either way....

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 07:13 AM
The football is more slicker in the NFL than it is in college, if my memory serves me right.

:eek:

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM

That, and the fact that the guys coming at them in the NFL are bigger, stronger and faster, and are better at strpping the ball.

It's no coincidence that Dave Kreig, who had the smallest hands at QB than anyone, hands about the same size as Clausen's, is the all time leader for fumbles at the QB position.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Or staying put and getting players like Kindle, Mays or Tate...

One is not wrong to look at it either way....

You trade down two spots, one of those guys is still going to be there.

Trade down 4 spots, and one of those guys is still going to be there.

It ain't that hard to figure out.

Hell, Mays is probably going to be there at 50.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
That, and the fact that the guys coming at them in the NFL are bigger, stronger and faster, and are better at strpping the ball.

It's no coincidence that Dave Kreig, who had the smallest hands at QB than anyone, hands about the same size as Clausen's, is the all time leader for fumbles at the QB position.

what do you think about Griffen from usc?

mecca mentioned he could be an olb...i always assumed he was a 4-3 de

Coach
04-23-2010, 07:18 AM

I mentioned earlier that if KC gets Cody in 2a, and if Mays is there at 2b, and they get them, that defense just got a hell alot better in a hell of a hurry.

With that being said, I'd be shocked if Mays fall to 50.

Bwana
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Well, one way or the other, there will be some great value when our 2a and 2b picks come around. Don't mess it up Scott.

BigRedChief
04-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Well, one way or the other, there will be some great value when our 2a and 2b picks come around. Don't mess it up Scott.welll he's 1-0 so far this year.:)

Shag
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13276919/secondround-mock-draft-clausen-falls-to-browns-at-no-38

Prisco has Lee and Benn. Though, I think yesterday proved how little mock drafts actually mean...

Bwana
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM
welll he's 1-0 so far this year.:)

Indeed!! Love the Berry pick.

Reerun_KC
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM

And you can gurantee that?

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Im not really concerned with his handsize. He threw pretty well at the combine with an nfl ball. And i know thats not the best indicator, but the fact that a guy we were considering at 5 could be there at 36 excites me. Im confortable spending a 2 on him

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:33 AM

There are no fucking guarantees, Carl.

I can guarantee you that there will be a damn good player available 2-5 spots lower that will help this team.

Lex Luthor
04-23-2010, 07:35 AM

Dave Krieg played 19 years in the NFL and was a pretty damn good quarterback. If Claussen will be anywhere near as good as Krieg, the Chiefs should draft him immediately.

By the way, Warren Moon broke Dave Krieg's record a few years ago, and Brett Favre is knocking at the door. I don't think career fumbles really tells you that much about a quarterback.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Dave Krieg played 19 years in the NFL and was a pretty damn good quarterback. If Claussen will be anywhere near as good as Krieg, the Chiefs should draft him immediately.

By the way, Warren Moon broke Dave Krieg's record a few years ago, and Brett Favre is knocking at the door. I don't think career fumbles really tells you that much about a quarterback.

Kreig had a nice career, but what did he really accomplish?

Were you excited when the Chiefs signed him?

I sure as hell wasn't.

I want better than Dave Kreig.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:43 AM

Okay, it looks like Kindle's availability will be a lock.

mcaj22
04-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Kindle has a knee injury that is suspect I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole with our 2a pick tomorrow we can get another talent that fills a need that is much safer.

patteeu
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Okay, it looks like Kindle's availability will be a lock.

LMAO

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM

I was thinking the very same thing as your topic (a possible trade down in the 2nd) here last night. Also I agree with not being sold on Clausen and waiting for next year on a QB. Though if we had a 6th, I'd spend it on Kafka as a project.

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I was thinking the very same thing as your topic (a possible trade down in the 2nd) here last night. Also I agree with not being sold on Clausen and waiting for next year on a QB. Though if we had a 6th, I'd spend it on Kafka as a project.

Damn it Frankie, stop agreeing with me.

Now I have to reconsider.

:doh!:

psst, it's a joke, I thought I should be clear on that.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm hoping for Kindle or Tate.

I'm hoping for Kindle AND Tate.

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
You know those pictures that you have to cross your eyes to see the picture inside of the picture?

Chiefs fan makes me think of that guy crossing his eyes to see the little picture.

So busy trying to see the little picture, they can't see the big picture.

wazimo
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I know I was wrong about Berry....good job to those who predicted we would take him. Now we need to give him some protection. I think our picks today depend upon how the Chiefs feel about Dorsey playing the NT. If we pick Cody after also signing a NT in the offseason I would be surprised, even though I love 'FlapJacks'. If Dorsey isn't going to play NT then I hope we take cody at 36.

I would like to see two of the following: Cody, Golden Tate, Spikes or Dunlap in the 2nd. Also look out for Brown, Saffold or Campbell but I think they are all too light/weak to play ORT.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
He has tiny hands and a tiny head?

FAX

Not to mention,... never mind.

dallaschiefsfan
04-23-2010, 08:07 AM
To me...if someone wants Clausen that bad, trade. I now have my doubts about him with the entire league taking a pass. I still want us to at least pick up someone like LeFever in later rounds...but make the trade.

As to some other things you guys are saying...

Cody--Don't trust him to stay in shape and not be lazy eating Gates Barbecue in between snaps. Take him if he slides to the 3rd round....but not in the 2nd.

Kindle--My only problem with Kindle is that it gives us two rush-backers with little upgrades against the run. To me, Hali is your guy for another year....

Which brings me to either Lee @ 2a or Spikes at 2b/3 (firms us up against the run, now that we have done something w/ the passing game w/ Berry). Otherwise...Saffold or Tate at 2a. Any number of these guys might actually slide to 2b. Who can predict?!?

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM
To me...if someone wants Clausen that bad, trade. I now have my doubts about him with the entire league taking a pass. I still want us to at least pick up someone like LeFever in later rounds...but make the trade.

As to some other things you guys are saying...

Cody--Don't trust him to stay in shape and not be lazy eating Gates Barbecue in between snaps. Take him if he slides to the 3rd round....but not in the 2nd.

Kindle--My only problem with Kindle is that it gives us two rush-backers with little upgrades against the run. To me, Hali is your guy for another year....

Which brings me to either Lee @ 2a or Spikes at 2b/3 (firms us up against the run, now that we have done something w/ the passing game w/ Berry). Otherwise...Saffold or Tate at 2a. Any number of these guys might actually slide to 2b. Who can predict?!?

Spikes is a fourth rounder, at best.

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13276919/secondround-mock-draft-clausen-falls-to-browns-at-no-38

Prisco has Lee and Benn. Though, I think yesterday proved how little mock drafts actually mean...

Yep you are right. Mays goes right before us. My eyes must have been crossed

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM

I think he goes before the fourth round.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
If Clausen is still there when the Chiefs pick, I suppose I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

But I'll be very disappointed if they decide to trade up to Minnesota's pick and get Clausen.

I don't see Clausen getting past the Vikes and they probably went to sleep last night with an enormous grin on their face 'cause there's a handful of teams, including the Chiefs, that might decide to trade up with the Vikes to get Clausen.

If Minnesota drafts Clausen after moving out of the first round, they can say goodbye to Favre.

I think the Vikings take another perimeter playmaker, whether it's someone like Mays or a receiver like Tate.

dallaschiefsfan
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM

I think he's going in the 3rd...but also think the Chiefs could reach for him at 2b....but it depends on who the BPA is at that point as to whether I'd be happy with that or not.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Damn it Frankie, stop agreeing with me.

Now I have to reconsider.

psst, it's a joke, I thought I should be clear on that.

I was thinking this last night right after the 1st. So maybe YOU are the one agreeing with ME. :hmmm:;)

Coach
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
If Minnesota drafts Clausen after moving out of the first round, they can say goodbye to Favre.

I think the Vikings take another perimeter playmaker, whether it's someone like Mays or a receiver like Tate.

Do you think Minny may get another receiver, even though they have Rice, Harvin, and Berrian?

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Right now my draft board would read:

1. Tate.
2. Clausen.
3. Benn.
4. Brown or Saffold. (Might be a little reach, but KC needs a RT).
5. Griffin.

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
I was thinking this last night right after the 1st. So maybe YOU are the one agreeing with ME. :hmmm:;)

Osmosis?

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Which brings me to either Lee @ 2a or Spikes at 2b/3 (firms us up against the run, now that we have done something w/ the passing game w/ Berry).

Spikes will probably slip to 3rd.

Bwana
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Kindle was/is? a great player, but the knee gives me a lot of pause. That being said, I won't be to bent out of shape if they take a pass on him, at least with 2a.

Rain Man
04-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Right now my draft board would read:

1. Tate.
2. Clausen.
3. Benn.
4. Brown or Saffold. (Might be a little reach, but KC needs a RT).
5. Griffin.

I'd be going...

1. Clausen
2. Tate
3. Cody (even if he's out of shape, his job is to be a big lump)
4. One of the tackles (Saffold, Campbell, Brown), though I'd rather wait and get one of them at 50 unless we think they'll go fast
5. Best available WR (don't have my list with me)

I'd also even consider Gerhart at RB or Kindle even with the knee issue. Otherwise, best available ILB or MLB. Maybe even Ricky Sapp or Taylor Mays.

It's like Christmas morning.

Bwana
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM

It could just be gas, but I have a gut feeling, that's exactly what they are going to do.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM

I think he goes before the fourth round.

I think he's going in the 3rd....

Spikes will probably slip to 3rd.

Heh, heh, heh.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Osmosis?

Or man-love! ;)

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Or man-love! ;)

Don't push it Frankie.

It's scarey that we are acting civilized.

I might have to go on a Frankie rant just to feel like everything's good.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
It could just be gas, but I have a gut feeling, that's exactly what they are going to do.

And why not. Even if Favre comes back Clausen gives them their QBOTF.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't push it Frankie.

It's scarey that we are acting civilized.

I might have to go on a Frankie rant just to feel like everything's good.

Damn, you know you secretly love me.

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
5:00 cannot get here fast enough. Im so fucking excited

mikey23545
04-23-2010, 08:44 AM

slim, i'd guess

Never use Cody and slim in the same post.

HemiEd
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM

Are you serious? You want this team to draft Dave Krieg? :banghead:

I am on the QB bandwagon, but I don't want him, if he is going to be Dave Krieg. Hell, there are higher ceiling players on the roster right now IMO.

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Damn, you know you secretly love me.

Bwana
04-23-2010, 08:57 AM
And why not. Even if Favre comes back Clausen gives them their QBOTF.

I agree, but they may take a pass, so Favre doesn't get hurt, which I think would me a mistake.

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Personally I think Clausen should have been the first QB off the board (caveat: I don't mean he should have gone #1 - I think it's insane that Bradford did). I see the fact that he wasn't even taken in the first at all as another shining example of draft paralysis by draft analysis. Pro-style QB able to make all the throws nitpicked out of the round because of small hands and a short arms. There are questions about him, windup to throw, maturity issues, but come on...Tim Tebow was drafted before he was?? WTF?!? Guy like Clausen should be going in the 20s at the worst.

I think it's great for us though. Whether we want him or not, it gives us more ammo in the round.

DaWolf
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I just know we're in a position to get some really good players. Let's not waste the second round like we do almost every year. I still get Mike Cloud/Eddie Freeman nightmares...

LaChapelle
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I think Rivers is a douchbag but would love to have him be a Chief
something about Clausen's face just begs to be punched

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Personally I think Clausen should have been the first QB off the board (caveat: I don't mean he should have gone #1 - I think it's insane that Bradford did). I see the fact that he wasn't even taken in the first at all as another shining example of draft paralysis by draft analysis. Pro-style QB able to make all the throws nitpicked out of the round because of small hands and a short arms. There are questions about him, windup to throw, maturity issues, but come on...Tim Tebow was drafted before he was?? WTF?!? Guy like Clausen should be going in the 20s at the worst.

I think it's great for us though. Whether we want him or not, it gives us more ammo in the round.

I think it is more what is above his shoulders than what is attached to his shoulders.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
He won't get past the Vikings probably. I just hope Cassel works out for us, if not, this franchise is set back even further.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree, but they may take a pass, so Favre doesn't get hurt, which I think would me a mistake.

Even favre knows if he comes back it will be for only one or two more years and Clausen will be on the bench learning. I don't think his feelings will be hurt. As much as i don't fancy Clausen for us, I believe the Vikes would be stupid not to go for him now.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Even favre knows if he comes back it will be for only one or two more years and Clausen will be on the bench learning. I don't think his feelings will be hurt. As much as i don't fancy Clausen for us, I believe the Vikes would be stupid not to go for him now.

No, but Favre wants the Vikings to draft someone who makes an impact THIS year.

ModSocks
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM

But if you're going to go with a project QB, why use the pick with your 1st? Might as well pick up a Lefevour or Skelton and get a DB to help secure that weak ass backside that the Vikings have.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Rob Rang of CBS Sports is reporting that Southern California OT Charles Brown, who was thought to have a chance to sneak into the latter stage of this year's opening round, may have dropped because of concerns about a bad back.

spanky 52
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Have to think Clausen to Minnesota would be a perfect fit. I don't see him coming here.

Kindle has bad knees and may continue to fall.

Just a hunch but I think one of the remaining OL will be our pick at 36. Anyway it falls we're going to get a couple good players in the second round.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 12:14 PM
He won't get past the Vikings probably. I just hope Cassel works out for us, if not, this franchise is set back even further.

He will have better coaching and better protection and better running game. So he WILL get better. HOW MUCH better remains to be seen. If not enough, then we will probably be picking a QB in the top 10 in 2011.

Frosty
04-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't say that I am thrilled about O-line at this point. There are still some first round caliber players at WR and defense available. If there was a stud center available - maybe. But taking a project RT isn't that exciting.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM

slim, i'd guess

I was thinking fat chance.

milkman
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Have to think Clausen to Minnesota would be a perfect fit. I don't see him coming here.

Kindle has bad knees and may continue to fall.

Just a hunch but I think one of the remaining OL will be our pick at 36. Anyway it falls we're going to get a couple good players in the second round.

I think it's more likely that an OLB or a WR will be the pick at 36.

milkman
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
He will have better coaching and better protection and better running game. So he WILL get better. HOW MUCH better remains to be seen. If not enough, then we will probably be picking a QB in the top 10 in 2011.

I'm not sure why people think that a guy that has had years of NFL training is suddenly going to start making faster reads and get rid of the ball quicker, and suddenly devlop an NFL arm thats capable of making all the throws.

I don't expect to draft a QB, but I also don't expect Cassel to wake this offseason and suddenly morph into an NFL calibre QB either.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I still say OLBer Griffen with our next pick. That kid has tremendous upside and is a perfect fit for a 3-4 OLBer.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure why people think that a guy that has had years of NFL training is suddenly going to start making faster reads and get rid of the ball quicker, and suddenly devlop an NFL arm thats capable of making all the throws.

I don't expect to draft a QB, but I also don't expect Cassel to wake this offseason and suddenly morph into an NFL calibre QB either.
I think it's a given that Weis should help in the progression of our QBs.

CaliforniaChief
I still say OLBer Griffen with our next pick. That kid has tremendous upside and is a perfect fit for a 3-4 OLBer.

I'd be cool with that.

beach tribe

Would you hold Clausens whopper so he's not shy about his tiny hands?

ChiefMojo
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Parts of me much rather wait until next year to draft a QB or take one in the later rounds like Pike. Next year is a better year for QB's with Locker, Mallet, Luck, etc.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Hope springs eternal.

spanky 52
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM
I think it's more likely that an OLB or a WR will be the pick at 36.

You may be right. What OLB do you like? I was excited last night at the thought of Kindle being there at 36 but this morning have read numerous reports about his knee problems. Washington out of TCU might be a good one.

If Golden Tate is there I have no problem with him either. I'd like to take Saffold if he's there as I still think he could play either guard position and slide out to tackle if need be.

I'm still numb from getting Berry. First time in many years I've felt this good about a Chief's first round pick.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd be cool with that. Pair him up opposite Hali and we at least have a decent pass rush, that could come from either side. Griffen has explosive blitzing potential and he's very fast for a big guy. He's faster than alot of the OLBers and he played DE at USC.

Mr. Laz
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
said the other day ... if we trade down we better be raping a bitch.

neither Buffalo or Cleveland have two 2nd round picks so they better get inventive.

<table style="width: 535px; height: 74px;" class="fulldraftorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>BUF (http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/teams/team_page.cfm?nfl_team=BUF)</td> <td class="num">9</td><td>1.9, 2.9, 3.8, 4.9, 5.9, 6.9, 6.23, 7.2, 7.9</td> </tr> <tr> <td>CLE (http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/teams/team_page.cfm?nfl_team=CLE)</td> <td class="num">10</td><td>1.7, 2.6, 3.7, 3.21, 3.28, 5.3 , 5.15, 5.29, 6.8, 6.17</td></tr></tbody></table>

milkman
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I think it's a given that Weis should help in the progression of our QBs.

I don't think it's a given at all.

Cassel should have developed the ability to make quicker reads already.

He has had 4 years to study and learn.

milkman
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
You may be right. What OLB do you like? I was excited last night at the thought of Kindle being there at 36 but this morning have read numerous reports about his knee problems. Washington out of TCU might be a good one.

If Golden Tate is there I have no problem with him either. I'd like to take Saffold if he's there as I still think he could play either guard position and slide out to tackle if need be.

I'm still numb from getting Berry. First time in many years I've felt this good about a Chief's first round pick.

I like Koa Misi, though this spot is a little high.

I think Tate would almost certainly be the pick if he's there.

If not, then I think it's very possible they move inside and take Cody, cause he's the proptypical Crennel fatass.

BigRichard
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Would you hold Clausens whopper so he's not shy about his tiny hands?

http://files.advertolog.com/files/paedia/reel/part_50/509042/preview_320_260_1.jpg

bowener
04-23-2010, 01:43 PM

If by, "the right price", you mean fucking them over as hard as possible, or even drafting Clausen and holding him hostage, then yeah, I'm on board with you.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
You draft Clausen.

Today and every single day.

acesn8s
04-23-2010, 01:53 PM
why is it that last year Chiefsplanet was begging for LB help, yet, this year most want a QB, OT, WR, and SS but no mention of LB? Did the Chiefs suddenly become good at that position?

Mr. Laz
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
why is it that last year Chiefsplanet was begging for LB help, yet, this year most want a QB, OT, WR, and SS but no mention of LB? Did the Chiefs suddenly become good at that position?
it's about the players available

acesn8s
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
it's about the players available

I have a hard timing believing that their isn't a single LB that could step in and compete for a starting job. Are our LB the best available? I think not.