PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I was wrong/I was right" thread.

Ralphy Boy
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Man up drafturbators. Post your pre-draft predictions that proved to be wrong here. If you want to be real shitty, if someone won't man up then post a link here.

I'll start.

Wrong:
1) Washington will not pass on Okung for Trent Williams
2) Dan Williams won't get past Miami at 12
3) Clausen won't make it out of the top 10

Right:

1) In the same thread about Washington not passing on Okung, I said Detroit will not pass on Suh for Okung. Frankly that isn't very impressive since everyone but Pawnmower & Saccopoo knew it
2) No way Pioli takes an O-lineman at 5.

More wrong than right:
My mock on 1st Round, how I think it will go (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6688116&highlight=draft#post6688116); outside of getting 4 out of the top 5 right, I only got picks 21 & 23 right.

I knew there would be trades but I wouldn't have guessed that many.

The one prediction I never made verbally, is: "No way in hell that Tim Tebow goes before Jimmy Clausen. There isnt a team, owner, coaching staff AND personnel department combined that is stupid enough to let that happen."

I would have been wrong about that.

Rams Fan
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I said Clausen would slip to the 2nd round and no one believed me.

The Franchise
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I said Clausen would slip to the 2nd round and no one believed me.

Yeah...and you started a thread about it. You're cool....we get it.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Miami had a horrid round, they took a DE when that's one of their strong positions.

Rams Fan
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah...and you started a thread about it. You're cool....we get it.

Sorry about that, I'm just a bit optimistic in being right once. I like the Berry pick the Chiefs made, though.

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought St. Louis made a huge mistake taking Bradford instead of Suh, even before it turned out that Clausen was going to be available at 33. That guy's going to be a beast in the NFL. Despite Gunther Cunningham.

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure how much of this I posted, but here's my slate:

WRONG:
1. I thought the Redskins were going to trade with Cleveland to pick up a 2nd rounder and let Cleveland get Berry.

2. I thought the Seahawks would take Spiller.

3. I really thought the Bills would take Clausen.

Right:
1. Suh to the Lions.
2. Berry to the Chiefs.
3. Tebow in the first round.

Ralphy Boy
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
WRONG:

2. I thought the Seahawks would take Spiller.

3. I really thought the Bills would take Clausen.

Yeah I didn't think they would pass on Spiller either. Given how in love with Reggie Bush that Carroll was, I thought they'd jump all over him.

I'm not shocked that Buffalo took Spiller. He's a good pick for them.

I just remembered another wrong. I said Spiller would end up being a top 5 pick.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
WRONG:
1. I thought the Redskins were going to trade with Cleveland to pick up a 2nd rounder and let Cleveland get Berry.
Right:
2. Berry to the Chiefs.

So you were wrong in that you thought Cleveland would take Berry and yet right in that KC would take Berry?

Uh...something doesn't compute here.

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
So you were wrong in that you thought Cleveland would take Berry and yet right in that KC would take Berry?

Uh...something doesn't compute here.

Sorry, I didn't say that correctly.

I thought that if he was available, they would take Berry. (The Chiefs)

But I believed that the Browns would move up and get him first.

So I was going to be wrong on one of 'em. :D

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I was right that Jerry Hughes had no chance of making it to the Chiefs 2nd round pick, I was wrong in that Pat Robinson went in the first, I thought that had no chance of happening.

Dave Lane
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I thought Clausen would go 13 to SF but after that I thought it would be a free fall and that Minny was the only one that would jump in. I still think they take him if we let them. I say burn our top 5th rounder and go get him.

B_Ambuehl
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Wrong: PeeHoli could throw darts at a draft board the entire draft and still have a difficult time screwing this draft up.

Frosty
04-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I was wrong when I thought this draft would be significantly better now that Pioli had his own scouts and a competent coaching staff.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I was right that there would be a run on CBs in the first round. I was wrong that McCoy would fall to the 3rd. I didn't predict it, but there is no way I thought KC would let Clausen get to 48 without taking him.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Clay Harbor went in the 4th to the Eagles. So far, the Eagles have taken the linebacker I wanted, the safety I wanted if we passed on Berry and the TE I wanted.

I don't believe Kam Chancellor has been picked yet. If not, I can just see them taking him.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Freaking Seattle took Chancellor. They too are having a very good draft.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
And the Eagles get Ricky Sapp. Wow. Very impressive for them.

Dr. Van Halen
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I went around promising people that no one would ever draft Tebow in the first round.

philfree
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I said the best OLB for the 3-4 would be gone by our pick at #36 and they were. Maybe Sheffield will be a gem.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ebolapox
04-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I was wrong: I thought pioli would be the gm to take us to the super bowl. well, he could I guess: he makes enough money to buy tickets enough to give to a stadium full of chiefs fans.

Ming the Merciless
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I was wrong, I thought there was no way the Chiefs would pass on Okung if he fell to 5...

I knew we weren't drafting Clausen though.

The weird thing is I thought we were gonna draft Okung (if he fell to 5) and Thomas...and the Seahawks did that with the next pick...

I had no clue we were gonna draft MCluster or Arenas so I suppose I was wrong there too.

RustShack
04-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I was right there was no fucking way we take Okung. I was wrong that we would take McClain or Clausen.. but we did take the third guy on the list of guys we could/should take and thats Berry.