PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs GM Pioli

dtrain
04-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I believe he is building this team the correct way with solid FA's signed and not reaching for draft picks. So many people will say he reached in the 2nd round but those players will shore up a weak return game. Not everything will be fixed in 2 years so sit tight and see what happens next year. Year 3 is the year we should really see the results of what he has done so far. In my opinion he has gotten playmakers for a team that was really lacking!

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 08:02 PM
how the fuck is he not reaching for draft picks? tyson jackson? fuck, pretty much everybody in our 2009 draft? our second round today? our third round except for asomoah? fuck. he's done nothing BUT reach. he's admitted he doesn't know the meaning of grading a prospect by draft--that much is fucking obvious. his end can't get here fast enough for me.

TrickyNicky
04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/155789/814804.jpg

Great Expectations
After the last 2 drafts it is pretty obvious who was calling the shots in NE.

teedubya
It's clear that Belichek was the master... they've made 4 trades today and got 2 picks in next years draft already.

Reaper16
I have zero confidence that the Chiefs will become a winning franchise under Scott Pioli. None.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 08:05 PM
After the last 2 drafts it is pretty obvious who was calling the shots in NE.

Absolutely.

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah we just traded up to get a tight end that might not have gotten drafted and we've taken Berry (great pick) and a midget nickel/dime corner. It's unreal how bad it is. WE needed a nose tackle and outside rush backer or inside backer in the worst way. This draft, outside of Berry, has been another complete piece of shit.

boogblaster
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Mecca called it .. it's all for our shit-throwing QB .. short-route players ...

stormtrooper
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Fucking N00BS!! Like you could run a franchise. I think it has been pretty balanced through free agency and the draft. Better than it was and i have seen improvements in staff and players. This is year two unless you want Carl back.

dtrain
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I'll admit I don't like moving up for a TE :shake:

dtrain
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Damn it Scott :cuss: ROFL

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Me and Guardian agree about something, that's when you know its bad.

dtrain
04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
****ing N00BS!! Like you could run a franchise. I think it has been pretty balanced through free agency and the draft. Better than it was and i have seen improvements in staff and players. This is year two unless you want Carl back.

I agree I will hold judgement until after year 3!

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Me and Guardian agree about something, that's when you know its bad.

We agree more than you think you only pay attention when I hammer you on something.

I didn't even mind the McCluster pick THAT bad. But this team needed a nose and outside/inside backer in the worst way and we took a nickel corner and backup tight end. Just unbelievable.

Sanka
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Damn it Scott :cuss: ROFL

Get it straight, its

FUCK YOU SCOTT http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-we4-6kggR9qwM:http://img149.echo.cx/img149/8048/theangryguybyproz0r1dx.jpg

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Let me put it like this, the McCluster pick looks like a great pick If you take Kindle and Cody after that. Then you go "damn, that's a hell of a draft". Now it all looks like shit outside of Berry.

wazu
04-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I agree I will hold judgement until after year 3!

This mentality drives me insane. Let's be completely oblivious to common fucking sense for three years, then begin our evaluation. Sounds like 10 years of hell.

patteeu
04-23-2010, 08:22 PM
+ Better returns leading to better field position.

+ Two starter-caliber running backs in Charles and Jones.

+ Bowe, Chambers, and our new slot receiver Dexter McWelker.

+ Two new interior linemen with NFL starter experience in Weigman and Lilja plus a top rookie OG for competition.

+ The second year in a new offensive system. The first with a dedicated and heralded OC and the first where it will be in place for the entire offseason and training camp.

= I'm looking forward to some significant offensive improvements this year and a real opportunity for Matt Cassel to prove himself worthy or unworthy as an NFL starter.

stormtrooper
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM

+ Two new interior linemen with NFL starter experience in Weigman and Lilja plus a top rookie OG for competition.

+ The second year in a new offensive system. The first with a dedicated and heralded OC and the first where it will be in place for the entire offseason and training camp.

= I'm looking forward to some significant offensive improvements this year and a real opportunity for Matt Cassel to prove himself worthy or unworthy as an NFL starter.

Absolutely my point^^ Not a bad off season compared to recent years. :clap: :clap:

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
We agree more than you think you only pay attention when I hammer you on something.

I didn't even mind the McCluster pick THAT bad. But this team needed a nose and outside/inside backer in the worst way and we took a nickel corner and backup tight end. Just unbelievable.

Fuck you!

Fuck you!

We agree on everything in that post, but fuck you!

patteeu
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
On defense, the line is filled with high round (meaning valuable) draft picks who have had shitty coaches and a couple of different systems in the last couple of years. A new set of coaches will hopefully get more out of the raw talent that's been accumulated.

The defensive backfield should be significantly upgraded with Berry and there will be competition for the other starters from both this year's draft and last year's draft.

Linebacker is still a weakness, IMO, but there was a lot of untapped potential in DJ last year so hopefully the new coaching staff can get that potential onto the field.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM

Sigh.

We had the potential to get much, much stronger up the middle on defense. And we failed.

Miserably.

blazzin311
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM

I agree with this. It could always be worse. :thumb:

RealSNR
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Good players that Scott Pioli has brought in to this team:

1. Eric Berry
2. Ryan Succop
3. ??????

That's it.

MadMax
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
how the **** is he not reaching for draft picks? tyson jackson? ****, pretty much everybody in our 2009 draft? our second round today? our third round except for asomoah? ****. he's done nothing BUT reach. he's admitted he doesn't know the meaning of grading a prospect by draft--that much is ****ing obvious. his end can't get here fast enough for me.

He's already been here a year too long IMHO!:spock:

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Fuck defense guys, we got a returner!

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
THE SEASON IS ALREADY OVER!!!!!!!!!

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
My ideal 2nd round would have been some combination of Tate, Cody, and Kindle. That being said (and it's been said many times before), this team has a lot of needs, primarily playmakers. We had 1. If these guys pan out like they're supposed to, we'll have a nice trio of playmakers.

And you can't be mad about getting the second rated guard in the 3rd round.

RealSNR
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
THE SEASON IS ALREADY OVER!!!!!!!!!You think you're being sarcastic, but you're actually spot on.

This team needed a homerun draft in the worst way to make up for last year's abortion. It had the potential to be the best draft this team has ever seen, and in typical Pioli fashion he fucks it up and takes a bunch of retards over the players that are cornerstones of great teams.

Icon
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I think this year's draft is much better than last year. Admittedly, that's not saying much. At least I think all of the players drafted so far will contribute next year and I see several starters: Berry, McCluster as slot WR, Arenas as nickel corner/punt returner, Asamoah at OG and Moeki at TE.

My only knock on this draft is that we didn't have enough picks to fill all of our holes.

Galileo Humpkins
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/142ssqg.jpg

Because mediocrity deserves applause.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
We just drafted a guard right, apparently that Colin Brown pick sure impressed them.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I think this year's draft is much better than last year. Admittedly, that's not saying much. At least I think all of the players drafted so far will contribute next year and I see several starters: Berry, McCluster as slot WR, Arenas as nickel corner/punt returner, Asamoah at OG and Moeki at TE.

My only knock on this draft is that we didn't have enough picks to fill all of our holes.

There aren't enough picks in the world to compensate for Pioli's stupidity.

Brianfo
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
****ing N00BS!! Like you could run a franchise. I think it has been pretty balanced through free agency and the draft. Better than it was and i have seen improvements in staff and players. This is year two unless you want Carl back.

This. All ^&*%ing day long.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
So what's the point of watching them play anymore if they're already a failure?

I'M SO CONFUSED

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I have zero confidence that the Chiefs will become a winning franchise under Scott Pioli. None.

Yep

RealSNR
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM

My only knock on this draft is that we didn't have enough picks to fill all of our holes.We addressed ONE hole. ONE. We didn't NEED McCluster or Arenas. Really, we didn't even need Asamoah, even though we got good value out of the pick.

We still have shit linebackers, no nose tackle, no #2 WR, no RT, and (yes, I"ll say it) no QB.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Can we petition the NFL for extra comp picks for having an incompetent front office?

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM

I will give you this the offense is going to be able to put up alot of fucking points. On the flip side it is going to have to because the D is a fucking sieve.

Brianfo
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM

I agree 10 fold. This team can't be a super bowl contender after one draft.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Can we petition the NFL for extra comp picks for having an incompetent front office?

Yeah, why don't we just do that so you can make the picks for us. :rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Let me put it like this, the McCluster pick looks like a great pick If you take Kindle and Cody after that. Then you go "damn, that's a hell of a draft". Now it all looks like shit outside of Berry.

The only reason I was soooo pissed about the McCluster pick is because I assumed it was a sign of things to come. Guess I wasn't wrong.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I will give you this the offense is going to be able to put up alot of fucking points. On the flip side it is going to have to because the D is a fucking sieve.

Yep. A team this bad needs help everywhere. I thought they would/should go defense, but they decided to address offense and special teams. Coming from an offensive-minded head coach, it's not really a surprise.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I was very impressed watching McCluster in college this season. Without looking it up, I think he tore it up against Tennessee.

I'd be okay with taking him the late 3rd or 4th, and realize he has some playmaking capability, but this team needs some basic starters. At 36 he was a HUGE reach on a team that is desperate need of starters. Bad, bad move. But, not nearly as bad as the 50th pick.

Charlie Weis must have :(a) no pull whatsoever, or (b) thinks his players suck ass, or (c) both. To pass up Tate both times and not grab Clausen before 48? Wow.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM
In 1 draft?

Hows it make you feel to know that Pete Carroll got better players in 3 picks than the Chiefs have in about 15 now?

Red Dawg
I believe he is building this team the correct way with solid FA's signed and not reaching for draft picks. So many people will say he reached in the 2nd round but those players will shore up a weak return game. Not everything will be fixed in 2 years so sit tight and see what happens next year. Year 3 is the year we should really see the results of what he has done so far. In my opinion he has gotten playmakers for a team that was really lacking!

I agree 100%. We have no playmakers outside of Jammal and Flowers. McCluster is playmaker, Berry is a play maker. We needed that nasty guard and we needed another good corner. If anyone thinks we couldn't use a good TE, guess again. Cottam and Pope? Neither can block worth a shit. Nothing wrong with adding talent to the roster. Yes we need LB's and a NT in my opinion but we need alot of upgrades that this draft won't fix. I think he's done pretty good so far.

Mecca
I was very impressed watching McCluster in college this season. Without looking it up, I think he tore it up against Tennessee.

I'd be okay with taking him the late 3rd or 4th, and realize he has some playmaking capability, but this team needs some basic starters. At 36 he was a HUGE reach on a team that is desperate need of starters. Bad, bad move. But, not nearly as bad as the 50th pick.

Charlie Weis must have :(a) no pull whatsoever, or (b) thinks his players suck ass, or (c) both. To pass up Tate both times and not grab Clausen before 48? Wow.

I'm guessing he has no pull at all.

FD
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Don't forget Eric Berry. The world is not ending, people.

Red Dawg
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
My ideal 2nd round would have been some combination of Tate, Cody, and Kindle. That being said (and it's been said many times before), this team has a lot of needs, primarily playmakers. We had 1. If these guys pan out like they're supposed to, we'll have a nice trio of playmakers.

And you can't be mad about getting the second rated guard in the 3rd round.

Cody is a fat out of shape slob. He's very weak in the weight room as well. This is the NFL and OL's will shove his weak ass all over. He's just big and fat. Bad pick for Balt.

Pioli Zombie
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Who gives a shit? Reaper16 has no confidence. Call the National Press.

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Who gives a shit? Reaper16 has no confidence. Call the National Press.
Hey, look. Its Pioli Zombie, a man who has never given a football take ever.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
I agree 100%. We have no playmakers outside of Jammal and Flowers. McCluster is playmaker, Berry is a play maker. We needed that nasty guard and we needed another good corner. If anyone thinks we couldn't use a good TE, guess again. Cottam and Pope? Neither can block worth a shit. Nothing wrong with adding talent to the roster. Yes we need LB's and a NT in my opinion but we need alot of upgrades that this draft won't fix. I think he's done pretty good so far.

Jimmy Graham went to the Saints right after the Chiefs,.

That guy is a legitimate TE with more upside than Tony Moeaki, who's an H-back type.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
It's hard to give a football take when your stomach is full of jizz.

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
The McCluster pick really is fine. So is taking the guard. But if we had packaged the 3rd and 4th to move up and take Kindle and Cody we're kings of the draft.

Here is the real problem. Even if McCluster turns into Wes Welker we're still soft in the middle and outside of Hali have no pass rush. So the defense got no better today in the front 7. Berry will make the back 4 very very good. But teams are still going to line up and gash us for 7 a carry and won't need to pass. Now Berry's talents as a play maker are nullified because of it.

It's stupid on a whole different level of stupid.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Fucking N00BS!! Like you could run a franchise. I think it has been pretty balanced through free agency and the draft. Better than it was and i have seen improvements in staff and players. This is year two unless you want Carl back.

at this point? fucking A. I'll take carl AND herm back if this is the alternative. fuck.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Teams are going to run right up the gut on this team...we had to get an NT, and we pissed all over doing it.

Bugeater
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
at this point? ****ing A. I'll take carl AND herm back if this is the alternative. ****.
Take the Herm part back. Take it back now.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM

Can I borrow your gun so I can shoot him?

Pioli Zombie
04-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey, look. Its Pioli Zombie, a man who has never given a football take ever.
Well that's a load of crap. Its just that you never agree.

Rausch

At times Haley made game day decisions just as stupid as herm.

We got a real OC and DC this offseason.

Hopefully we get a real HC next offseason...

notorious

This. and then some.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Teams are going to run right up the gut on this team...we had to get an NT, and we pissed all over doing it.

I'm starting to wonder if they plan on trading for a NT/ILB before the season starts.

Brianfo
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM

You been sucking cock all night? Take off ur USC glasses and get in the game dumbass.

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I think some of you are forgetting some of the young talent we had on the field last year and will probably have on the field even more this year. Gilberry and Stud-baker come to mind. Yes, we totally flopped at getting a NT. Other than that, all the picks we made we needed in a bad way.

Pioli Zombie
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Speaking of jizz, isn't it time for you to bob for apples in Pete Carroll's pants?

Bugeater
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM

http://i46.tinypic.com/206imo7.gif

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm starting to wonder if they plan on trading for a NT/ILB before the season starts.

Or if they really are going to try Dorsey there.

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Well that's a load of crap. Its just that you never agree.
I can't recall seeing a football take from you. I might be full of crap. So how about you prove me wrong and give a take right here. Tell me why I've got my head up my ass regarding this Day 2 for the Chiefs.

FloridaMan88
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM

You can stop your suckling of Fat Scott's love handles at any moment now.

Here is all you need to know about Fat Scott's "crucial" draft thus far...

In perhaps the deepest second round in recent NFL Draft history, the Chiefs somehow managed to find a way to draft two players who will NOT be starters next season.

That is astounding for a team with so many needs.

KCDC
04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I think Cam Thomas is still available at NT. We could also take some fat slow OL (like Colin Brown) and turn him into a NT. All you need to be a NT in this defense is be 6'5" and weigh 330. You clog the middle. Lots of slow OLmen that could do that.

Norwood might be a good OLB in the 5th round. There is still a decent RT left to take. Not sure where we get a good ILB. Maybe from the Raiders?

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't recall seeing a football take from you. I might be full of crap. So how about you prove me wrong and give a take right here. Tell me why I've got my head up my ass regarding this Day 2 for the Chiefs.

I'll take a shot. We need a speed receiver in the slot position in the worst way. We need a returner in the worst way. We need a G in the worst way.

Yes there were decisions I probably would have made differently but the fact is last year we all bitched cause we had no speed in the slot, no one who could return worth a fuck and no one who could play G. Among other things.

FloridaMan88

All you'd need then is a real nose tackle, real outside linebackers who can rush the QB, real WRs, a real left tackle, real right tackle, real QB, real TE and you'd have yourself quite a team.

Brock
You can stop your suckling of Fat Scott's love handles at any moment now.

Here is all you need to know about Fat Scott's "crucial" draft thus far...

In perhaps the deepest second round in recent NFL Draft history, the Chiefs somehow managed to find a way to draft two players who will NOT be starters next season.

That is astounding for a team with so many needs.

What's astounding is that bit of wisdom you farted forth from your mouthsphincter about how awful it was to pass on Okung for Berry.

Pioli Zombie
Apparently you haven't caught on yet that intelligent thought is not welcome here. In order to fit in with the fellowship of the miserable you need to have an almost Austistic like impulse to be negative about everything.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM

don't get me wrong, I don't want him long term.

I'd like to have a time machine. put a gun to clark's head. let herm have one more year to acquire talent.

I'd almost guarantee we pick sanchez at three overall.
I'd almost guarantee that he doesn't switch to the 3-4.
I'd almost guarantee that we don't have the abomination that was the 2009 draft.
I'd guarantee that he doesn't fuck up the second and third rounds like pioli did.

then, after this draft and year, you get rid of carl and herm and give the talent he's built up to either polian's son or one of the ravens' guys.

petegz28
I think Cam Thomas is still available at NT. We could also take some fat slow OL (like Colin Brown) and turn him into a NT. All you need to be a NT in this defense is be 6'5" and weigh 330. You clog the middle. Lots of slow OLmen that could do that.

Norwood might be a good OLB in the 5th round. There is still a decent RT left to take. Not sure where we get a good ILB. Maybe from the Raiders?

I think we lost our shot at Thomas by giving up our 4th.

Reaper16
I'll take a shot. We need a speed receiver in the slot position in the worst way. We need a returner in the worst way. We need a G in the worst way.

Yes there were decisions I probably would have made differently but the fact is last year we all bitched cause we had no speed in the slot, no one who could return worth a fuck and no one who could play G. Among other things.
Not you, pete. I specifically wanted a take from Pioli Zombie.

MadMax
Speaking of jizz, isn't it time for you to bob for apples in Pete Carroll's pants?

Not till you unhand Pioli's piss pump.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 09:21 PM
fuck, maybe it's hindsight. but this shit? pathetic.

our only hope is that weis is QB jesus. if he can somehow turn shit to gold, we're in business. I'm not holding my breath.

FloridaMan88
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
What's astounding is that bit of wisdom you farted forth from your mouthsphincter about how awful it was to pass on Okung for Berry.

The impact of a franchise caliber left tackle completely outweighs the impact of a great safety.

MadMax
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, why don't we just do that so you can make the picks for us. :rolleyes:

You may not like it but his picks would be a hella lot better. Personally I think Das Comish should look into fraud as in Pioli is not a legit GM. ROFLROFLROFL Awww fuckit this draft sucked just like the last one. Ineptitude is the word I would use.

Rausch
The impact of a franchise caliber left tackle completely outweighs the impact of a great safety.

http://www.starbuddies.com/_ups/teeth-amy-winehouse-400a071807.jpg

DaneMcCloud
Eh, I guess I'm so over it that at this point, I'm not surprised nor am I bothered by the selections.

I thought Pioli would address the middle of the defense: NT, ILB and at least one rushbacker. Instead, he went with playmakers and very solid guard selection.

Regardless of what any of us wanted, everyone of those picks addresses a serious need. And if Moeaki can stay healthy, (something he wasn't able to do in college), he could be a steal.

I give this draft so far a C, which is much better than the F- I gave him in 2009.

If he can snag Eric Olsen or George Selvie or Myron Rolle in the fifth, I'll give him a B.

Brock

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Holy fucking shit.

Look at the past superbowl champs and get back to us.

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Eh, I guess I'm so over it that at this point, I'm not surprised nor am I bothered by the selections.

I thought Pioli would address the middle of the defense: NT, ILB and at least one rushbacker. Instead, he went with playmakers and very solid guard selection.

Regardless of what any of us wanted, everyone of those picks addresses a serious need. And if Moeaki can stay healthy, (something he wasn't able to do in college), he could be a steal.

I give this draft so far a C, which is much better than the F- I gave him in 2008.

Thank you! That is what I have been trying to say. Yes, I wish we would have gone for a NT at least. And we still might. But as you have correctly pointed out, everyone we drafted was a position that was a sore spot last year. And every single one of them except maybe the G will be on the field this year with a chance to make an impact in ways we could not last year. We just have too many sore spots right now is all. I gave it a B- but trading up to get the injury-prone TE brings it down to a C.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM

We still don't have speed in the slot. The guy is 170 pounds dripping wet and barely broke 4.6 in his 40. (4.58, IIRC) We used a valuable pick on a guy who's upside is a WR3. When there were legit WR's on the board, not part-timers like McCluster.

Why do we need a returner? Oh, that's right, we've cut the one we drafted LAST year, TWICE. A 2nd round pick used in a deep draft for a nickle CB who's smaller and slower than the nickle we took LAST YEAR.

Asomoah was a great pick.

Trading up for another broke dick TE, however, was not. This franchise has cornered the market on broken TE's - and who doesn't love trading up in back to back years to take a TE?

All tonight proved is that Belichick is the fucking genius, and we got the dipshit who apparently could care less about value, or completely invalidating the picks he made the year before by duplicating them - all while completely ignoring need.

The Bad Guy
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Nice to see that KCChiefsfan88 is still a complete fucking idiot.

Honestly, every single thing you type on this message board makes me question 2 things.

1) Did you advance past the 8th grade
2) Do you actually watch the NFL

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
don't get me wrong, I don't want him long term.

I'd like to have a time machine. put a gun to clark's head. let herm have one more year to acquire talent.

You lost me here.

What good would it do to give herm more tools?

What good would it do to give a cave man a bazooka?...

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

If it was that easy, everyone would do it.

The Bad Guy
And the myth continues that Herm can acquire talent.

You want someone to thank for the 2008 draft? Thank Bill Kuharick.

Rausch
We still don't have speed in the slot. The guy is 170 pounds dripping wet and barely broke 4.6 in his 40. (4.58, IIRC) We used a valuable pick on a guy who's upside is a WR3. When there were legit WR's on the board, not part-timers like McCluster.

Why do we need a returner? Oh, that's right, we've cut the one we drafted LAST year, TWICE. A 2nd round pick used in a deep draft for a nickle CB who's smaller and slower than the nickle we took LAST YEAR.

Trading up for another broke dick TE, however, was not. This franchise has cornered the market on broken TE's - and who doesn't love trading up in back to back years to take a TE?

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/jamesY2008/clapping.gif

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
everyone of those picks addresses a serious need.

If he can snag Eric Olsen or George Selvie or Myron Rolle in the fifth, I'll give him a B.

Thanks Dane. Homerun as usual.

Pioli Zombie
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Not you, pete. I specifically wanted a take from Pioli Zombie.
Reaper, Fuck you. I repeatedly said before the draft I thought they should take Berry and I said why. Now, after the fact, its a "no-brainer". Well, not on CP it wasn't. There was plenty of people talking about Clausen or trying to do something else. As far as McCluster and Arenas, a huge problem for the Chiefs was there had very little speed, unless you like Cassel having options like Bobby Wade and Lance Long. Now with Charles, Thomas. Bowe, Chambers, and McCluster, a real OC like Charlie Weis can do something, especially with the improvements made on the line. And Arenas gives you more athletism both in the return game and helps in the secondary. Getting the solid RG in the 3rd was just fine and the TE has been graded as a terrific blocker. He also looks like a very good receiver. Its a fine draft so far. I wouldn't say its top notch but its certainly a B+ Anybody with any credibility that actually gets paid for a living to know has given positive feedback.. Maybe if you stopped getting ALL your football opinions from CP once in a while you would maybe feel different than you do.

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM

All tonight proved is that Belichick is the ****ing genius, and we got the dipshit who apparently could care less about value, or completely invalidating the picks he made the year before by duplicating them - all while completely ignoring need.

Is it that fucking hard to watch someone play.... McCluster is fast... and he's shown that speed on the field..... stop regurgitating 40 times ffs

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM

All tonight proved is that Belichick is the ****ing genius, and we got the dipshit who apparently could care less about value, or completely invalidating the picks he made the year before by duplicating them - all while completely ignoring need.

Well, here is the reality of the draft, some sure picks don't pan out, some guys you don't expect to cut you cut, some guys you took as a role player late end up being your best starter. Right now everything we have done is on paper. None of these guys have put pads on. For all we know Arenas goes all Dante on the league. McCluster might just be a Wes Welker. And Berry might end up being a total bust. Moeki or whatever his name is may play 4 years straight without an injury. Asamoah could beat out Lilja and be an impact player. We don't know and won't know until they get on the field and play. Coaches see things we don't and understand what we don't and know their plans for future moves that we don't.

I would have liked to have seen some different positions drafted tonight but the coaches thought otherwise. So the guys we drafted deserve a chance to prove the coaches right or wrong.

I mean, WTF expected Succup to be one of the best kickers in the league?

Who expected DJ to flop like he has?
Who expected Dorsey not to have quite the impact we expected?
Who expected Charles to be one of the best RB's in the league?

We can go on and on. I am just saying don't put too much into the draft until we see the results.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
McCluster has game speed. The stopwatch only says so much.

That guy was smoking SEC talent every game. That counts for something.

GoTrav
04-23-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll admit I don't like moving up for a TE :shake:

Me either and I've never understood the love for a TE in this city. It seems we covet them like a SP or QB...

FloridaMan88
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM

I give this draft so far a C, which is much better than the F- I gave him in 2009.

Hey dumbshit... what need does Arenas fill? Return man... can you say McCluster? Nickel DB... does this mean that Fat Scott is already admitting that Donald Washington is a complete non-factor?

What role, what immediate need does Arenas fill???

Answer the question shit face

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
McCluster has game speed. The stopwatch only says so much.

That guy was smoking SEC talent every game. That counts for something.

Yeah, in the highlight package they showed, (can't remember what network, I was bouncing around most of the night) did you notice who he burned not once, but twice?

Javier Arenas.

LMAO

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah, in the highlight package they showed, (can't remember what network, I was bouncing around most of the night) did you notice who he burned not once, but twice?

Javier Arenas.

LMAO

Concurrent punts?

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, here is the reality of the draft, some sure picks don't pan out, some guys you don't expect to cut you cut, some guys you took as a role player late end up being your best starter. Right now everything we have done is on paper. None of these guys have put pads on. For all we know Arenas goes all Dante on the league. McCluster might just be a Wes Welker. And Berry might end up being a total bust. Moeki or whatever his name is may play 4 years straight without an injury. Asamoah could beat out Lilja and be an impact player. We don't know and won't know until they get on the field and play. Coaches see things we don't and understand what we don't and know their plans for future moves that we don't.

I would have liked to have seen some different positions drafted tonight but the coaches thought otherwise. So the guys we drafted deserve a chance to prove the coaches right or wrong.

We can go on and on. I am just saying don't put too much into the draft until we see the results.

When they came in here and changed the scheme, all of us expected that Dorsey would not have the impact we had previously expected.

Edit:Oh, and when Charles was picked, I loved that pick and said he could be a faster Priest Holmes.

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey dumbshit... what need does Arenas fill? Return man... can you say McCluster? Nickle DB... does this mean that Fat Scott is already admitting that Donald Washington is a complete non-factor?

Well, you aren't thinking clearly, obviously. One may be better at KR's than PR's. One they may have no intention of using as a returner.

Then again, a creative and ballsy coach puts both back to return kicks and you have a double threat. I don't think Arenas is going to see much time at CB because of his size. Then again, who knows? We have to wait and see.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
And the myth continues that Herm can acquire talent.

You want someone to thank for the 2008 draft? Thank Bill Kuharick.

well then, fuck. give me bill kuharich back. I don't give a shit. this is just sad.

Mecca
Jordan Shipleys highlight package also had him burning Arenas.

petegz28
When they came in here and changed the scheme, all of us expected that Dorsey would not have the impact we had previously expected.

I agree, but everyone bitched about Dorsey after the first year when he was in the 4-3. Let's not pretend they didn't.

Rausch

Seems to me the same role as the last good nickel back we released.

He's a solid blitzer and in nickel/dime packages...

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't think Arenas is going to see much time at CB because of his size. Then again, who knows? We have to wait and see.

We drafted a player who exclusively returns kicks in round 2?

This would be on par with the Raiders selection of Sea Bass.

FloridaMan88
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, you aren't thinking clearly, obviously. One may be better at KR's than PR's. One they may have no intention of using as a returner.

Then again, a creative and ballsy coach puts both back to return kicks and you have a double threat. I don't think Arenas is going to see much time at CB because of his size. Then again, who knows? We have to wait and see.

I didn't realize the Chiefs, of 4-12 record last season had a roster fortified with enough talent to have the luxury of turning their second round draft strategy into a glorified kick/punt return try-out.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
So basically a team as bad as ours, feels it can use 2nd round picks on part time players because they return kicks..

Someone tell me why that is acceptable.

GoTrav
04-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Jordan Shipleys highlight package also had him burning Arenas.

That's another reason I was pissed when I saw the tweet about the McLilWayne selection and a highlight package, justifying the pick, to follow and it freakin irritated me

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Yeah and he is a terrible kicker. When he is sober anyway!

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree, but everyone bitched about Dorsey after the first year when he was in the 4-3. Let's not pretend they didn't.

And there were those of us who told those dumbfucks that it takes a year or two for DTs to develop.

DeezNutz
Yeah and he is a terrible kicker. When he is sober anyway!

Yep. I'm sure OAK fans would do that all over again. Three times, if possible.

GoTrav
I didn't realize the Chiefs, of 4-12 record last season had a roster fortified with enough talent to have the luxury of turning their second round draft strategy into a glorified kick/punt return try-out.

totally a luxury pick. It made sense for the Eagles but not for us...let's hope this guy shows up because he has a 500lb gorilla on his back before he even steps on the field

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Heh...you used one of their only decent draft day decisions to prove your point...

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:51 PM
And there were those of us who told those dumb****s that it takes a year or two for DTs to develop.

Had he been allowed to stay in a 4-3 we'd be seeing results by now...

DeezNutz
Heh...you used one of their only decent draft day decisions to prove your point...

He could be in the Hall, widely regarded as the GOAT, and it would still be an embarrassment.

petegz28
And there were those of us who told those dumb****s that it takes a year or two for DTs to develop.

You might want to repeat that to those same people about Tyson Jackson.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Had he been allowed to stay in a 4-3 we'd be seeing results by now...

The fact is, he overachieved as a 5 tech last year.

He was, far and away, our best defensive lineman.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM

Nah, those people voted him second team All-SEC. They know he's mediocre.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:53 PM

Why?

Tyson Jackson was a terrible pick.

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Why?

Tyson Jackson was a terrible pick.

So Dorsey gets a pass for a year but Jackson doesn't? All right, I'm with ya.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 09:55 PM
1 guy is a consensus top 5 pick, the other guy wasn't, how hard is this to grasp?

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM

Because they're the exact same players with the same skill sets and ceilings. No way could anyone make a distinction.

"He might not make Pro-Bowls..."

Who said this about our #3 overall pick? Glowing endorsement, no?

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
we drafted a CB, OG, KR, and TE last year

this year we admitted all those picks sucked and drafted the same positions for the same reasons

while ignoring completely our lb core and nt.....

it just isn't smart

and the same people telling us how great last years picks were are now telling us how great it is that we had to have an entire redo in only 1 year

and we still don't have an ILB, OLB, or NT (or qb)

the problem is twofold:

1. bad draft picks
2. burning multiple picks in consecutive drafts on less important positions while ignoring critical ones

petegz28
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
1 guy is a consensus top 5 pick, the other guy wasn't, how hard is this to grasp?

While I agree with that we also had to draft Jackson at that spot cause we couldn't trade down to get him. All things being said, it still takes lineman 2-3 years to get into the groove, so to speak. Plus, not only was last year Jackson's 1st year, he had a fuck stick for a DC.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM
While I agree with that we also had to draft Jackson at that spot cause we couldn't trade down to get him. All things being said, it still takes lineman 2-3 years to get into the groove, so to speak. Plus, not only was last year Jackson's 1st year, he had a **** stick for a DC.

No, we didn't.

If we wanted a lineman, Raji was the obvious and easy selection.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM

No.

Tyson Jackson doesn't have half the talent that Dorsey has, and Tyson Jackson was drafted to be a 5 tech with the #3 overall pick, and you simply don't draft 5 techs that high.

If he had been drafted that high to line up next to Dorsey in a 43, he still would have been overdrafted because he doesn't possess Dorsey's talent.

Think Tyson Jackson has the upside of Gerald McCoy?

DJ's left nut
04-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Keep Herm off the sidelines and I'd take him back.

Herm as GM would fucking obliterate the fat fucker in clown shoes currently residing in our front office.

Scott Pioli can die screaming.

petegz28
04-23-2010, 10:00 PM
No.

Tyson Jackson doesn't have half the talent that Dorsey has, and Tyson Jackson was drafted to be a 5 tech with the #3 overall pick, and you simply don't draft 5 techs that high.

If he had been drafted that high to line up next to Dorsey in a 43, he still would have been overdrafted because he doesn't possess Dorsey's talent.

Think Tyson Jackson has the upside of Gerald McCoy?

Don't know. But he was drafted, he is on our team and I am going to give him the same pass I would any other rookie lineman.

milkman
04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't know. But he was drafted, he is on our team and I am going to give him the same pass I would any other rookie lineman.

At #3 overall, he better be the greatest 5 tech ever.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Why did we "have" to take Jackson?

I just watched Buffalo get a NT and a 5 tech without using a 1st round pick.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
we drafted a CB, OG, KR, and TE last year

this year we admitted all those picks sucked and drafted the same positions for the same reasons

while ignoring completely our lb core and nt.....

it just isn't smart

and the same people telling us how great last years picks were are now telling us how great it is that we had to have an entire redo in only 1 year

and we still don't have an ILB, OLB, or NT (or qb)

the problem is twofold:

1. bad draft picks
2. burning multiple picks in consecutive drafts on less important positions while ignoring critical ones

We had a good TE and traded him off.
We had a good nickelback and let him walk.
We already had Brandon Flowers and we drafted a less physical version.
I understand the need for a KR but Tate (while a legit slot WR) and numerous others LATER in the draft could have filled that role...

Rausch
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM

How many 1st round picks have the Steelers spent on a 3-4 DE in the last 20 years? Top 20 picks?...

How many?...

DJ's left nut
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM

Look at how many picks we've made to cover for stupid picks and/or roster decisions over the duration of Pioli's regime.

People keep ignoring the fact that these bad drafts are exponential. A horrifyingly shitty 2009 draft has now led us to yet another 2010 draft which could've been spectacular but will now be no more than mediocre because Pioli had to scramble to fill holes that he and his cronies made. Our failure to pick up a NT, QB, ILB, OLB, RT and legit WR means we'll absolutely make more stupid reach picks in 2011 to cover for this year's stupid reach picks that came as the result of an entire draft based on stupid reach picks in 2009.

It's never 'just one year'. Every year compounds into the next year. Which is why allowing this ****wit "3 years before I evaluate him" is a mistake of astronomical proportions.

I simply cannot wrap my mind around this draft.

GoTrav
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM

Agree, it seems the same for OL, at least in this town. Unless you grab them in the 1st people seem to think they are dogshit. Isn't the first round pick the easiest? GM's should be making their money in rounds past the 1st.

GoTrav
04-23-2010, 10:11 PM
How many 1st round picks have the Steelers spent on a 3-4 DE in the last 20 years? Top 20 picks?...

How many?...

Ziggy Hood? Maybe that was off the SB victory?

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Reaper, Fuck you. I repeatedly said before the draft I thought they should take Berry and I said why. Now, after the fact, its a "no-brainer". Well, not on CP it wasn't. There was plenty of people talking about Clausen or trying to do something else. As far as McCluster and Arenas, a huge problem for the Chiefs was there had very little speed, unless you like Cassel having options like Bobby Wade and Lance Long. Now with Charles, Thomas. Bowe, Chambers, and McCluster, a real OC like Charlie Weis can do something, especially with the improvements made on the line. And Arenas gives you more athletism both in the return game and helps in the secondary. Getting the solid RG in the 3rd was just fine and the TE has been graded as a terrific blocker. He also looks like a very good receiver. Its a fine draft so far. I wouldn't say its top notch but its certainly a B+ Anybody with any credibility that actually gets paid for a living to know has given positive feedback.. Maybe if you stopped getting ALL your football opinions from CP once in a while you would maybe feel different than you do.
A B+? A Fucking B+? Do you have any concept of draft value whatsoever? Fine draft my ass. Thanks for actually making a football post, though.

dtrain
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Apparently you haven't caught on yet that intelligent thought is not welcome here. In order to fit in with the fellowship of the miserable you need to have an almost Austistic like impulse to be negative about everything.

I work with special ed kids does that count?

ILChief
04-24-2010, 07:21 AM

How dare you bring logic in here!

patteeu
04-24-2010, 07:50 AM
I will give you this the offense is going to be able to put up alot of ****ing points. On the flip side it is going to have to because the D is a ****ing sieve.

Another factor is that the defense could benefit if the offense has fewer 3 and outs. Last year, the defense often played pretty well early in games only to fall apart late.

patteeu
04-24-2010, 07:54 AM

The rumor is that the Eagles, a team with a pretty good reputation as far as the draft is concerned, were going to take McCluster at 37. If that's the case, it's not a reach at all. In fact, it's maximum efficiency.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 07:56 AM

All tonight proved is that Belichick is the fucking genius, and we got the dipshit who apparently could care less about value, or completely invalidating the picks he made the year before by duplicating them - all while completely ignoring need.

I agree with all of this with the exception of McCluster. He ran a 4.4 at his pro day and almost every NFL coach that has seen this guy says he is explosive and a playmaker. I actually like this pick quite a bit.

soundmind
04-24-2010, 08:10 AM
The outstanding piece of all this to me is that in two years of drafting, Pioli has yet to draft a Nose Tackle.

1. A+
2a. A
2b. D+
3a. A+
3b. D-

Now in my opinion, if you're going to run anything close to a prototypical 3-4 defense, the NT position is roughly equivilant to the offense's need for a LT. You can win without one, sure, but it's probably going to be a damn struggle, and someone might get hurt in the process.

Where the sh!t is our farging NOSE TACKLE!?!?!?!