PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What percentage of the 'OMG, Worst draft EVAR' crowd will admit they were wrong?

Ming the Merciless
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Poll Coming

The question basically is this:

What percentage of the current crowd that thinks this was a crappy draft be forced to admit they were wrong at some point?

(Question is based on the extreme number of 'that was the worst 2nd round ever' and 'no credit to the GM for the 1st round' and 'another broke ass TE' and also 'worst pick ever' threads made today.)

You can add 'Besides Eric Berry' to any of the questions.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
For all the shit I've talked, I'll be the first to eat shit if I'm wrong. Start stewing, I'll be first in line.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Based upon Scott Pioli's history here, I'm not sure anyone will have to.

KCUnited
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
I was wrong for clicking on this thread.

MahiMike
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
How many guys bitched all year long we never go "playmaker" and instead go "true fan" safe pick? We do a 180 and they still bitch.

Brock
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
You wanted a tackle, so I'm not sure you're the guy who should be asking this question.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
How many guys bitched all year long we never go "playmaker" and instead go "true fan" safe pick? We do a 180 and they still bitch.

It wouldn't be CP if people weren't always bitching. There's no way to make the 4 Stooges happy.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
we could have drafted, Berry, Claussen, Cody, Tate, Kindle, etc.....

and people would still be on CP bitching about people we passed on. I garuntee it.

LaChapelle
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
There are a lot more people who reside in the middle
instead of on the lunatic fringes
they just make less noise

Bugeater
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
That poll doesn't really make sense.

Coogs
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm not going to say this is the worst draft ever. But the philosophy is definately a head scratcher.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
The reality is that they will never admit they were wrong. They argue themselves in a corner, and then never admit the player is good. They will continue to tout a guy drafted after them that they perceive as better.

In the end.... it is what it is.... meaningless drivel on a message board.

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Why would anyone ever change their tune about this draft?

Regardless of what any of these players (except Berry) turn out to be they didn't address the most crucial needs in the defensive front 7.

It's what most call an epic fail......

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
That poll doesn't really make sense.

I didn't know he was Polish.

cdcox
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
You've heard of a win-now draft.

This was a make Cassel-look-good-now draft.

Therefore we don't have to wait the traditional 3 years to evaluate them. If Cassel fails, this draft didn't achieve it's aim. With this context in mind:

I'll admit Dexter "Wes Welker" McCluster if he gains 800 yards from scrimmage next year.

Tony "Dallas Clark" Moeaki only needs to catch 500 yards worth of balls this year for me to admit it was a good pick.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
In the end.... it is what it is.... meaningless drivel on a message board.

It's not meaningless.

In three years milkman, DeezNutz and Hamas Jenkins will be hailed as prophets.

Ebolapox
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I have no idea what the hell this poll is asking.

notorious

I have to agree.

notorious
It's not meaningless.

Is Tebow going to lead them?

WhitiE
04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
There are a lot more people who reside in the middle
instead of on the lunatic fringes
they just make less noise

like me!

Deberg_1990

Therefore we don't have to wait the traditional 3 years to evaluate them. If Cassel fails, this draft didn't achieve it's aim.

true.....but if Cassel fails, why cant they be good for the next QB, 2 or 3 years down the line?

Hammock Parties
Is Tebow going to lead them?

Tebow is a false messiah. The CP Prophets have already foretold his doom.

cdcox
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
true.....but if Cassel fails, why cant they be good for the next QB, 2 or 3 years down the line?

Because those guys are role players that you add to put your team over the top. We are missing basic players like a run stoppers and pass rushers that you have to have in order to win.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:20 PM

The tune is playmakers and difference makers.

McCluster has the ability to be a playmaker, as a part time player, where Sergio Kindle could be a playmaker as a full time player.

Terrence Cody could have been the difference maker in the middle of the defense.

Javier Arenas is a part time player and returner, but McCluster could fill the returner role, while Donald Washington hasn't even been given a shot to develop into the part time player that they picked Arenas to be.

chiefs1111
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I hope im wrong about this draft and it turns out to be the best ever. right now,I just don't see that though

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
I have no idea what the hell this poll is asking.

His whole schtick is that no one ever admits they're wrong, which is patently false.

I've numerous people admit they were wrong at various times.
I have, as well.

Like right now I can admit I was wrong about the Gonzalez trade.

I applauded it, but clearly I was wrong, becuse Scarl used that pick to draft Javier Arenas, and has thrown about 6 other picks away looking for his replacement.

RJ
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
This is not the worst draft ever.

The 2nd round may end up the worst round ever.

With just a little hyperbole.

Saccopoo
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM

No it wasn't.

Are you telling me that McCluster, as a possible slot guy (I'll be shocked if he can beat out Urban, let alone Copper, Long or Lawrence), Asamoah as a backup guard and Moeaki, who never came close to touching the yardage put out by guys like Pitta or Hernandez was a "let's make Cassel look good now" draft?

This draft doesn't do Cassel any favors whatsoever.

nascher
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe all Experts should read some more about Our Picks http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/2/year/2010

Everybody seems to like the Picks

cdcox
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
No it wasn't.

Are you telling me that McCluster, as a possible slot guy (I'll be shocked if he can beat out Urban, let alone Copper, Long or Lawrence), Asamoah as a backup guard and Moeaki, who never came close to touching the yardage put out by guys like Pitta or Hernandez was a "let's make Cassel look good now" draft?

This draft doesn't do Cassel any favors whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I hate this draft. Our defense is going to suck for 2 more years.

But the only possible way to justify those picks is if they make Cassel a pro-bowl QB next season. The offense has to be basically DONE, since it is going to take a couple of years to put together a defense.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I think we'll have solid play at S and G (perhaps C, depending on where they move him) for nearly a decade. That's damned good.

But earlier picks were wasted on part time/role players. Not good. We could have left this draft with 4 immediate starters. We could have left with a dirt cheap QBOTF. We could have left with a solid ILB/OLB/edge rusher.

All of that and STILL got the starters at S and G/C...

Ming the Merciless
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
You wanted a tackle, so I'm not sure you're the guy who should be asking this question.

True, I would rather have drafted Okung and Thomas (Like Seattle did, 1 Pick behind us) with 1 and 2a....

But in numerous places I said I thought we would draft Berry...and I never cried about it. I also never said this was the worst draft ever...so I think I am ok to ask the question...

Ming the Merciless
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
His whole schtick is that no one ever admits they're wrong, which is patently false.

Well I didn't vote zero, so clearly you are incorrect.

Molitoth
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
This poll question makes sense, but the answers don't. WTF

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
I think some of the more notorious drafturbatory posters here are some of the guys most likely to admit they were wrong about a pick, and not only that, they'll be happy that they were wrong.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
But the only possible way to justify those picks is if they make Cassel a pro-bowl QB next season.

:hmmm:

Saccopoo
01-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Why would anyone ever change their tune about this draft?

Regardless of what any of these players (except Berry) turn out to be they didn't address the most crucial needs in the defensive front 7.

It's what most call an epic fail......

The front seven that already consisted of four first round draft choices? Including two top five guys?

Yeah, let's draft another defensive guy with a top five pick...oh, wait. They did it again last draft.

And it's a wonder why we can't move the ball on offense...

But let's draft another defensive player with the first pick. I'm sure that will give us the playmaker we need to make sure that we keep matriculating the ball down the field.

Saccopoo
01-20-2011, 03:26 AM
I think we'll have solid play at S and G (perhaps C, depending on where they move him) for nearly a decade. That's damned good.

But earlier picks were wasted on part time/role players. Not good. We could have left this draft with 4 immediate starters. We could have left with a dirt cheap QBOTF. We could have left with a solid ILB/OLB/edge rusher.

All of that and STILL got the starters at S and G/C...

Asamoah was a RG his entire college career. The guy never snapped a hike ever. And you want to move him to center? Oh, that's right...you're all so happy about drafting a three year starting guard in college for the left tackle position (Albert).

No wonder Carl lasted as long as he did around here...the fans love stupid shit draft moves.

TheGuardian
01-20-2011, 07:52 AM
I still can't figure out why people think Asomoah is going to play center.

Fucking stupid.

suds79
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
I remember the 2010 draft being up & down for me.

1st round - Was on a high

2nd round - bigtime letdown. Wanted Cody there so bad.

Past that? Was mostly guys I didn't know much of so didn't have a strong opinion.

For some reason I still have high hopes for McCluster. We all saw what he can do when he's healthy. Now will he be injured every year? Who knows. Lets hope not. But I think he could still turn out to be electric.

But there's just no reason for passing on Cody for Arenas. I still don't understand that. And just like always, we still need a NT.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I still think the 2nd round was a fail. Moeaki will depend on his health, but looks promising. Lewis is a very pleasant surprise that I was wrong about.

Dave Lane
01-20-2011, 08:44 AM
It's not meaningless.

Quoted for yucks

Dave Lane
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I still think the 2nd round was a fail. Moeaki will depend on his health, but looks promising. Lewis is a very pleasant surprise that I was wrong about.

I'm sorry the last good 2nd round player we drafted was??

Chiefnj2
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry the last good 2nd round player we drafted was??

Flowers.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Quoted for yucks

It hasn't been three years.

Mi_chief_fan
01-20-2011, 10:36 AM
But earlier picks were wasted on part time/role players. Not good. We could have left this draft with 4 immediate starters. We could have left with a dirt cheap QBOTF.

We did get 3 immediate starters, but who is this QBOTF you speak of? Outside of Bradford, I saw none in this draft, and still don't.

Fairplay
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
This poll is close to thread fail.

TheGuardian
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
It hasn't been three years.

How long has Vernon Gholston been playing asshat?

Hootie
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I think they should boot the old guys, move Albert to LG (did wonders for Chris Williams in Chicago), Asamoah to RG...and find some competent tackles.

Albert and Richardson aren't doing the job. Move on. Albert still has value at LG.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
We did get 3 immediate starters, but who is this QBOTF you speak of? Outside of Bradford, I saw none in this draft, and still don't.

McCoy did okay, all things considered.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
I think they should boot the old guys, move Albert to LG (did wonders for Chris Williams in Chicago), Asamoah to RG...and find some competent tackles.

Albert and Richardson aren't doing the job. Move on. Albert still has value at LG.
so you think they should cut Ryan Lilja?

:doh!:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Terrance Cody

13 tackles, no sacks, no forced fumbles, couldn't get on the field.

People are pining for him? :shrug:

The Ravens coaches were not that impressed with his preseason workouts according to the press here. I'm thinking he'll be "OK" but never much more than that.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Terrance Cody

People are pining for him? :shrug:

The Ravens coaches were not that impressed with his preseason workouts according to the press here. I'm thinking he'll be "OK" but never much more than that.

Cody is a freaking rookie DT playing on a team with Ngata and Gregg. He didn't start because he sucked, he didn't start because there are much better players ahead of him.

The dude would definitely start in KC. And if people here are going to continue to give Tyson Fucking Jackson patience, they can damn sure wait on Cody for another year or two.

Mi_chief_fan
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
McCoy did okay, all things considered.

I agree, but in my world, "OK" is a long ways from QBOTF. I can't speak for Rausch, was McCoy the one he was talking about?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
God this shit is fucking retarded.

2009 was the "worst draft EVAR".

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
"Worst trade EVAR", anyway.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Terrance Cody

He just made Charles worthless for the rest of the Ravens game.

doomy3
01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
He just made Charles worthless for the rest of the Ravens game.

Well, that's bullshit. Haley and Weis made Charles worthless for the second half of the Ravens game.

Brock
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, that's bullshit. Haley and Weis made Charles worthless for the second half of the Ravens game.

Depends on whether you think Charles was injured on that play or not. I dunno.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM

You got to think Charles was hurt. Not giving him the ball makes no sense any other way.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Depends on whether you think Charles was injured on that play or not. I dunno.

Which play? I thought the speculation was that he got "hurt" on the sideline headshot.

Brock
01-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Which play? I thought the speculation was that he got "hurt" on the sideline headshot.

I don't remember.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2011, 12:51 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d918af/Charles-fumble

doomy3
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d918af/Charles-fumble

There wasn't any idication he was hurt on that play, was there?

And no, I don't think he was hurt. If he was hurt, then it is completely inexcusable that he was pass blocking guys like Suggs the entire second half.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2011, 01:09 PM
There wasn't any idication he was hurt on that play, was there?

And no, I don't think he was hurt. If he was hurt, then it is completely inexcusable that he was pass blocking guys like Suggs the entire second half.
he was hurt imo ... you could see him hanging his should on the play when he lower his shoulder to deliver a blow instead of going out of bounds on an earlier play. The same shoulder he hurt before iirc.

That shoulder issue probably led to a weak grip and the fumble too on the cody tackle.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
all I can say is, based on his body of (non)work this season, T. Cody is exactly what everyone's complaining about a "typical Chiefs 2nd round pick". Lots of media flash - little to no on-field production.

One or two plays in the playoffs notwithstanding.

But, hey, since he was drafted by another team, he's an automatic pro-bowler, no matter how he really performs.

Thus sayeth the Lexicon.