PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Everson Griffin and Cam Thomas

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Still out there. Drafting these guys IMO would make this a very very solid draft.

But I'm sure we're going to take a long snapper.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-24-2010, 07:22 AM
God , I'll be glad when this fucking draft is over !

milkman
04-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I'd be surprised if either make it to the 5th round.

But then I'm a little surprised that they both fell into the fourth, so who the hell knows?

And, goddamn it, stop making reasonable ****ing posts.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 07:24 AM
I wonder why they fell this far?????

IMO if we had to pick between these two I'd take Thomas. We need a nose tackle like Kirstie Alley needs another sponsorship of weight watchers.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Ricky Sapp is still there too. So all hope is not lost until we take that long snapper.

milkman
04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
If we hadn't traded up to take a brokeass TE, we'd have three picks to use on a nose, a rushbacker and an ILB.

We need them all, not to mention a RT and a center.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Yup. Could have had all 3. But at least we got that tight end who had 300-something yards last year. Whew. That position is filled.

CupidStunt
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM
They're both awful players. Griffen in particular. Running that 40 at that weight and being available shows just how terrible the NFL thinks he is. And they're right.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Seriously do you think it is going to happen? I will shit my pants if the Chiefs actually draft some need positions instead of role players.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 09:09 AM
They're both awful players. Griffen in particular. Running that 40 at that weight and being available shows just how terrible the NFL thinks he is. And they're right.

Cam graded out high as a nose tackle by everyone. The only question was his work ethic. And I've never seen a big nose tackle that had a big work ethic. Those big uglies tend to be fairly lazy. there is a reason they weight that much.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Griffen went to the Vikes, but Thomas is still there.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Just getting Cam Thomas would really make things look better. We have zero depth at the nose.

Lanning
04-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Seriously do you think it is going to happen? I will shit my pants if the Chiefs actually draft some need positions instead of role players.

Your arrogance annoys me. If it wasn't for your picture of the girl I would hate you :thumb:

wazu
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Cam Thomas sounds useful. That other guy doesn't sound like the pass rusher we need at OLB.

aturnis
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Pioli himself said the team hopes for Studebaker to become their LOLB of the future.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I wonder why they fell this far?????

IMO if we had to pick between these two I'd take Thomas. We need a nose tackle like Kirstie Alley needs another sponsorship of weight watchers.

Thomas' slide shocks me.

You ought to look at his twitter page. triplefatgoose or something like that. pretty funny. dude uses the N word all the time.

Coach
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Pioli himself said the team hopes for Studebaker to become their LOLB of the future.

Phhhtt, screw that. If they actually thought Studebaker to be their LOLBOTF, they should had kept him playing and kick that broke-dick Vrabel to the curb.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Wow. We passed on Cam again. Must be an issue there.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Great. The fucking Dolts took Cam Thomas. Awesome. Stupid fukcing front office.

Tactical Funky
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Great. The ****ing Dolts took Cam Thomas. Awesome. Stupid fukcing front office.
Umm, yeah...

I'd rather not have a player who scored a freakin' 12 on the Wonderlic. Thomas fell that far for a reason.

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't expect my nose tackle to be Albert Einstein. All he has to do is occupy the A gap. Pretty simple thing to know.

mcaj22
04-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't expect my nose tackle to be Albert Einstein. All he has to do is occupy the A gap. Pretty simple thing to know.

Seriously. And now Cam Thomas goes to a franchise where he can have a chance to start and we have to see him two times a season, if he actually pans out and becomes a hog in the middle when we could have grabbed him, it will sting.

thecoffeeguy
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Cam Thomas, good value pick in the 5th? He was rated as a 2nd rounder. Ideal NT. Chargers got a good pick there.

Buck
04-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Damn what a steal. I just woke up like 20 min ago and wasn't even thinking about the draft. Can't believe he fell to the 5th.

this draft hasn't turned out so bad. Well I don't know why we got Crompton, lol.

WildTurkey
04-24-2010, 12:57 PM

yeah we didn't need any playmakers... lets spend even more draft picks on the D-line :rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:04 PM

LMAO Seriously. The guy needs to take up blockers, not develop the next atom bomb. God damn, as long as he knows how to eat and when to quit, we're good.

notorious
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
as he knows how to eat and when to quit, we're good.

LMAO

TheGuardian
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
LMAO Seriously. The guy needs to take up blockers, not develop the next atom bomb. God damn, as long as he knows how to eat and when to quit, we're good.

LOL! Right. Nose tackles are generally fat and lazy. when I read that he takes a few downs off that's like saying water is wet, women have secrets. No shit, fat guys are generally lazy. Fine, let him sit out a few downs and then put him back in.

we lost out on this one. big time.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
LMAO

I had to throw in the when to quit part. It's amazing how many of those guys can't grasp the concept that fattening foods will be there later on in life. It's almost like they think someone is going to take away their dinner plate. ROFL

notorious
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
I had to throw in the when to quit part. It's amazing how many of those guys can't grasp the concept that fattening foods will be there later on in life. It's almost like they think someone is going to take away their dinner plate. ROFL

It would be hard for me, though. They ask a simple job of you: Be big and fat and take up blockers.

If I had a large paycheck, mixed with that job description, and access to fine dining, aka local buffets, I would seriously have to watch my weight.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Players who could be terrific in their roles? Or players who probably project to be average at positions of high positional value.

I don't see the big deal or difference.

Willing to bet that over 3/4 of the guys we're upset about not taking become nothing more than rotational players.