PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Grading the Chiefs’ draft picks

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Grading the Chiefs’ draft picks (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/24/1900600/grading-the-chiefs-draft-picks.html)

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

Grade: A

The perfect pick for the Chiefs. A playmaker, a complete player and a solid citizen.

2. Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi

Grade: C-

If the Chiefs can find ways to make him a weapon, this grade is raised.

2. Javier Arenas, CB-KR, Alabama

Grade: B-

If he’s the answer at kick returner, he’s worth the pick.

3. Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois

It won’t be long until the Chiefs need him to become a starter.

3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

Grade: B+

An underrated pick. He’s a better player than either Leonard Pope or Brad Cottam.

5. Kendrick Lewis, S, Mississippi

The second safety of their draft will likely wind up as a special teams player.

5. Cameron Sheffield, OLB, Troy

Grade: C+

It never hurts to draft somebody with potential as a pass rusher.

Ugly Duck
04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
3. Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois Grade: B-

That was an excellent pick in rnd 3. I really thought that was Oakland's next pick & you guyz snatched him right in front of us. I give that one an "A"

HotRoute
04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

An underrated pick. He’s a better player than either Leonard Pope or Brad Cottam

He could actually turn into the second best TE in the division now that scheffler is in Detroit. I am hoping that this guy lives up to the number of picks we used to get him

Gonzo
04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
That was an excellent pick in rnd 3. I really thought that was Oakland's next pick & you guyz snatched him right in front of us. I give that one an "A"
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start every game this year.

I give our draft a C+ to a B- we definitely picked up some good ones but the McCluster pick is a huge wtf moment. Hopefully he'll prove to be a good pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 10:51 PM

Asamoah at a B- is retarded. Outside of Berry, it was our best pick.

Ugly Duck
04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start every game this year.

He actually likes to maul people. He freakin wants to p!ss them off. Dude will generate some PF's when frustrated D-linemen lose their tempers & lash out. Now that's my kind of player!

KChiefs1
04-24-2010, 11:00 PM
If only the Chiefs had a better 2nd round like this:

2. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

That's an A+ draft!

tonyetony
04-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I would love to see Asamoah out play Waters in camp and preseason so we can trade Waters. If Pioli learned anything from BB I hope it's that when the time comes to trade a player at the twilight of his career for draft picks....pull the trigger.

I personally think that Waters potential trade value is more than his potential contribution level.

BryanBusby
04-24-2010, 11:06 PM

Teicher is beyond dumb.

Fish
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I would love to see Asamoah out play Waters in camp and preseason so we can trade Waters. If Pioli learned anything from BB I hope it's that when the time comes to trade a player at the twilight of his career for draft picks....pull the trigger.

I personally think that Waters potential trade value is more than his potential contribution level.

I don't think we'd get shit for Waters...

58kcfan89
04-24-2010, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure what his trade value is (an old LG probably won't get you as much as a WR/RB/etc.), but I'd be fine if Asamoah is starting next to Albert against San Diego, providing he actually earns the job....

tonyetony
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Someone is going to need a proven starter and I would take a fourth rounder before I would make him a backup.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
In all honesty, the main reason I'm incensed when Cassel fails, then they don't have a backup plan to ensure continuity. (Clausen)

Unless, they do believe in Brodie Croyle as QB.

KChiefs1
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't think we'd get shit for Waters...

NFL Man of the Year has to count for something right?:thumb:

SPATCH
04-24-2010, 11:40 PM
In all honesty, the main reason I'm incensed when Cassel fails, then they don't have a backup plan to ensure continuity. (Clausen)

Aside from being a complete glassjaw, Croyle is a pretty serviceable back-up

penchief
04-24-2010, 11:43 PM
If only the Chiefs had a better 2nd round like this:

2. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

That's an A+ draft!

I don't know why the love affair with Cody. He's a lazy fatass that doesn't even have enough pride or self-awareness to show up to the combine without sporting a pair of disgusting titties sagging down to his knees.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 11:44 PM
I give this draft a B+ to A -. I like this draft alot.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
I don't know why the love affair with Cody. He's a lazy fatass that doesn't even have enough pride or self-awareness to show up to the combine without sporting a pair of disgusting titties sagging down to his knees.

Or Kindle, who fell because a lot of teams were worried about his injuries.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2010, 11:57 PM
What was Cody supposed to do, get surgery?

He lost 30 pounds before the combine.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Aside from being a complete glassjaw, Croyle is a pretty serviceable back-up

What happens when he tanks? Croyle will have to go out play to lead the team, and if they don't believe Brodie then Pioli royally fucked up.

BryanBusby
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM

Decide to keep control of his weight before people bag him for being a sloppy bastard at the Senior Bowl.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM
3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

An underrated pick. He’s a better player than either Leonard Pope or Brad Cottam

He could actually turn into the second best TE in the division now that scheffler is in Detroit. I am hoping that this guy lives up to the number of picks we used to get him

Zach Miller wipes his ass with better talent than Tony Brokeaki.

penchief
04-25-2010, 12:14 AM

Those titties aren't because he lost weight. He weighed in at 354 lbs at the combine. Those are the titties of someone who is out of shape.

I've lost 20 lbs before and my chest actually looked trimmer. Of course, I lost it through exercise.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Tribal, let it go.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 12:15 AM
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING TONY MOEAKI!!!!

SPATCH
04-25-2010, 12:16 AM
What happens when he tanks? Croyle will have to go out play to lead the team, and if they don't believe Brodie then Pioli royally ****ed up.

you're drunk

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 12:16 AM
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING TONY MOEAKI!!!!

Ok.

When he's a receivers coach for a high school in western Illinois in 5 years, I'll keep doubting him.

Tribal Warfare
04-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Tribal, let it go.

I'm looking at the reasons why they didn't draft an insurance policy. We're fucked from basing this from "the E-Mail".

Hammock Parties
04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Those titties aren't because he lost weight. He weighed in at 354 lbs at the combine. Those are the titties of someone who is out of shape.

I've lost 20 lbs before and my chest actually looked trimmer. Of course, I lost it through exercise.

So Cody should just have not showed up to the combine, then?

BossChief
04-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Ok.

When he's a receivers coach for a high school in western Illinois in 5 years, I'll keep doubting him.

hahaha

We'll see, that's for sure.

I am rooting FOR the guy.

That's how I roll.

penchief
04-25-2010, 12:47 AM
So Cody should just have not showed up to the combine, then?

No. He should have had enough pride and self-awareness to show up at a job interview looking like he gave a damn. The fact that he isn't even motivated enough or smart enough to know that should be a major red flag to anyone considering him as a draft pick. Including fans like you and I.

Sure, let's waste a second round pick on someone who's too lazy and too dumb to know better.

Hammock Parties
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM
No. He should have had enough pride and self-awareness to show up at a job interview looking like he gave a damn.

So you're suggesting Cody should have started working on his man tits a year in advance?

penchief
04-25-2010, 12:52 AM
So you're suggesting Cody should have started working on his man tits a year in advance?

I'm guessing that if he weren't lazy he wouldn't have man tits hanging down to his knees. Like I've said before. Fat nose tackles are one thing. But sloppy flabby is entirely another.

HotRoute
04-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Zach Miller wipes his ass with better talent than Tony Brokeaki.

i hope not, that guy isnt that great. the truth is he is our new TE, and he has the potential to really standout for us. i am really rooting for the guy and think he is way better than "wack" zach miller.

HotRoute
04-25-2010, 01:14 AM

i think mt cody lost even more weight since, he said his trick was to "cut out the late night snacks" and that is bound to come back around when he gets paid, he's one of those guys that get a contract and then goes back down hill

Warrior5
04-25-2010, 06:31 AM
No. He should have had enough pride and self-awareness to show up at a job interview looking like he gave a damn. The fact that he isn't even motivated enough or smart enough to know that should be a major red flag to anyone considering him as a draft pick. Including fans like you and I.

Sure, let's waste a second round pick on someone who's too lazy and too dumb to know better.

While I'm not happy with the Chiefs draft, I'm glad they passed on Cody. That dude is gonna have a heart attack at TC.

Fairplay
04-25-2010, 06:34 AM
3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa

An underrated pick. He’s a better player than either Leonard Pope or Brad Cottam.

As long as he's not injured he will be an outstanding player.:huh:

HonestChieffan
04-25-2010, 06:51 AM

Waters is running on borrowed time. He has little trade value at this point. Asamoah was a steal.

Hoover
04-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Can't Waters play Center?

Albert, Lilja, Waters, Asamoah, O'Callaghan

Hoover
04-25-2010, 07:57 AM
As a Hawkeye fan I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have Moeaki on the Chiefs.

Yes he has had injuries, but he was an impact player in every game I've ever seen him play. The guy just knows how to work the seems, find the hole in the defense and make a big play. They Hawks are known for producing quality linemen, but they are also going to be known for their TE's soon.

Dallas Clark was a linebacker when he joined the Hawks and make the transition. Moeaki is more of a traditional TE in my books, I think he will be a poor mans TG.

tmax63
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Cody has Simms written all over him. He doesn't care enough to realize that he had a chance to make millions by taking care of his body and controlling his weight even if it's only for a couple years until he gets paid. Hell, people in the military have to keep their weight under control for alot less money than cody's gonna get. I have no regrets passing on him.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 08:10 AM
The comparisons are always so over the top it's not even funny.

Brokaki is shades of Gonzo. Why? Because the former is now a Chief. Cody, meanwhile, is shades of Sims. Why? Because the former is not a Chief.

tmax63
04-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Simms even made an effort to stay in shape until he got paid. That's more than you can say for Cody. And don't call losing 20lbs after being embarrassed by the media getting in shape.

milkman
04-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Can't Waters play Center?

Albert, Lilja, Waters, Asamoah, O'Callaghan

I've said this before, I'll say it again.

waters is declining physically and already shown signs of struggles in the last 2 or 3 years at guard.

Center is a more demanding position, both physically and mentally.

Moving him to center at this point in his career is just not a good idea in any way, shape or form.

He's at the point in his career when good teams decide it's time to move on.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I've said this before, I'll say it again.

waters is declining physically and already shown signs of struggles in the last 2 or 3 years at guard.

Center is a more demanding position, both physically and mentally.

Moving him to center at this point in his career is just not a good idea in any way, shape or form.

He's at the point in his career when good teams decide it's time to move on.

Waters moving on would be devastating to Whitlock... Where would he get his snitched information that the haters use as gospel?

boogblaster
04-25-2010, 08:32 AM

I think Croyle has the better arm and can read the D better ...

scho63
04-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Grading the Chiefs’ draft picks (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/24/1900600/grading-the-chiefs-draft-picks.html)

Grade: A
MY GRADE A+
It's hard to believe he is not going to have an immediate and positive impact for our defense and team

2. Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi
MY GRADE: D
Why no Golden Tate or Mardy Gilyard? I think both are much better weapons and well rounded for both receivers and KR's

2. Javier Arenas, CB-KR, Alabama
MY GRADE C
If we took one of the guys above, we wouldn't have had to use two picks for a receiver/KR and could have taken either an OLB or NT

MY GRADE: A
I think he is one of our best value picks and he may be a 10 year starter

3. Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa
MY GRADE: C-
I think we gave up too much for this guy but I hope I am proved wrong because it will only benefit us

MY GRADE: D
Not sure we couldn't have used this pick for another position and not impressed with everything I read about this guy.

Grade: C+
MY GRADE: B+
To get a player like this in Rd 5 is pretty good and he may have lot's of upside. Low risk/reward IMHO

Our overall score I give: B-